01x13 - Route 666

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Supernatural". Aired: September 2005 to November 2020.*

Moderators: thehoundandthebird, coco96

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Two brothers follow their father's footsteps as "hunters" fighting evil supernatural beings of many kinds including monsters, demons, and gods that roam the earth.

01x13 - Route 666

Post by bunniefuu »

1.13 Route 666

Air Date: 31 Jan 2006

Teaser

EXT. NIGHT. CAPE GIRARDEAU, MISSOURI

A car moves down the road, radio talking about the unseasonably cold weather. A black man sits behind the wheel. The radio crackles and dies.

A large black truck approaches behind his car, moving quickly. The man looks in his review mirror.

Man: What the...?

The vehicles race along the road until the truck backends the sedan once, and then again.

The radio comes back to life, talking about politics. The truck is suddenly gone. The man continues driving, watching his review mirror. Suddenly bright headlights shine through his windscreen. The truck is waiting. The man skids to a halt, backs up and turns to go the other way. The truck is reving.

He is backended again and fights to control the car as it swerves on the icy road. He is backended once last time and loses control, leaving the road and crashing through a cemetary. The car flips, bounces, and skids to a halt. The truck cruises to a stop, revs a few times, then backs up and disappears into thin air.

END Teaser

ACT ONE

EXT. GAS STATION

Sam is looking at a map laid out on top of the car, Dean has his phone to his ear.

Sam: Ok. I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here. We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought.

Dean: (Lowering his phone and looking thoughtful) Yeah. Problem is, we're not going to Pennsylvania.

Sam: We what?

Dean: I just got a call from an, uh, old friend. Her father was k*lled last night, think it might be our kind of thing.

Sam: What?

Dean: Yeah. Believe me, she never woulda called, never, if she didn't need us.

Dean:

(getting into the Impala.) Come on, are you coming or not?

Impala cruises down the road, fields on one side, a lake on the other.

Sam: By old friendyou mean...?

Dean: A friend that's not new.

Sam: Oh yeah, thanks. So her name's Cassie huh? You never mentioned her..

Dean: Didn't I?

A long pause, Sam looks at Dean expectantly.

Dean: Yeah, we went out.

Sam: You mean you dated somebody? For more than one night.

Dean: Am I speaking a language you're not getting here? Dad and I were working a job in Ohio, she was finishing up college. We went out for a coupla weeks.

Sam: And...?

Dean shrugs slightly.

Sam: Look, it's terrible about her dad, but it kinda sounds like a standard car accident. I'm not seeing how it fits with what we do. Which by the way, how does she know what we do?

Dean looks shifty.

Sam: You told her. You told her, the secret! Our big family rule number one. We do what we do and we shut up about it. For a year and a half I do nothing but lie to Jessica, and you go out with this chick in Ohio a coupla times and you tell her everything?

Dean stays silent, staring straight ahead.

Sam: Dean!

Dean: Yeah. Looks like.

He continues staring ahead and put's his foot down. Sam does the bitchface, shaking his head.

INT. NEWSPAPER OFFICE

MIDDLE AGED BLACK Man

It's a newspaper we put out, not a bulletin for the Mayor's office.

MIDDLE AGED WHITE Man

Get off your soapbox Jimmy, I'm urging a little discretion is all.

Young Woman: No, I think you're telling us what you want us to print and what you want us to sit on.

MAYOR

I know you're upset Cassie, I liked your dad a lot. But I think your grief is clouding your judgment.

JIMMY

Two black people were k*lled on the Same stretch of road in the Same way in two week.

Sam and Dean enter the office.

MAYOR

Jimmy, you're too close to this. Those guys were friends of yours. Again, Cassie, I'm very sorry for your loss.

The MAYOR leaves, JIMMY walks away. CASSIE sighs and turns around, looking straight at Dean.

Looking slightly apprehensive, Dean nods at her and grins.

CASSIE

(Staring) Dean.

Dean: Hey Cassie.

They stare at each other for a long moment, not speaking. Sam watches, smiling to himself.

Dean: (Clearing his throat) This my brother Sam.

Cassie smiles at Sam, who returns one of his own. Her gaze returns to Dean.

Dean: Sorry bout your dad.

CASSIE

Yeah. Me too.

Dean and CASSIE keep staring at each other.

EXTERIOR sh*t OF LARGE COUNTRY HOUSE

INTERIOR OF HOUSE. LOUNGE ROOM

CASSIE

(carrying in a tray of tea and cups) My mothers in pretty bad shape. I've been staying with her. I wish she wouldn't go off by herself. She's been so nervous and frightened. She was worried about dad

Dean: Why?

CASSIE

(Pouring tea) He was scared. He was seeing things.

Dean: Like what?

CASSIE

He swore he saw an awful-looking black truck following him.

Sam: A truck. Who was the driver?

CASSIE

(Handing them cups of tea) He didn't talk about a driver. Just the truck. He said it would appear and disappear. And, in the accident, Dad's car was dented, like it had been slammed into by something big.

Sam: (accepting his cup) Thanks. Now you're sure this dent wasn't there before?

Dean looks at his cup of tea like it's an alien, and quickly deposits it on a side table.

CASSIE

He sold cars. Always drove a new one. There wasn't a scratch on that thing. It had rained hard that night. There was mud everywhere. There was a distinct set of muddy tracks leading from dad's car...leading right to the edge, where he went over.

CASSIE bows her head, getting her emotions under control.

CASSIE

One set of tracks. His.

Dean: The first was a friend of your fathers?

CASSIE

Best friend. Clayton Soames.They owned the car dealership together. Same thing. Dent. No Tracks. And the cops said exactly what they said about dad. He 'lost control of his car.'

Dean: Can you think of any reason why your father and his partner might be targets?

CASSIE

No.

Sam: And you think this vanishing truck ran them off the road?

CASSIE

When you say it aloud like that...listen, I'm a little sceptical about this...ghost stuff...or whatever it is you guys are into.

Dean: (huffing) Skeptical. If I remember, I think you said I was nuts.

CASSIE

That was then.

They stare at each other again.

CASSIE

I just know that I can't explain what happened up there. So I called you.

Sound of a door opening, a middle aged woman enters.

Sam and Dean rise to their feet, CASSIE goes to take her mom's arm.

CASSIE

Mom. Where have you been I was so...

Mrs ROBINSON

I had no idea you'd invited friends over.

CASSIE

Mom, this is Dean, a...friend of mine from... college. And his brother Sam.

Mrs ROBINSON

Well I won't interrupt you.

Dean: Mrs Robinson. We're sorry for your loss. We'd like to talk to you for a minute if you don't mind?

Mrs ROBINSON

(Slightly affronted) I'm really not up for that right now.

She leaves the room, those remaining look at each other.

EXT. NIGHT.

The camera pans across an open field to a crashed car, wheels spinning. JIMMY is slumped over the wheel, unmoving. On the road the black truck revs it's engine then backs up, disappearing.

END ACT ONE

ACT TWO

EXT. DAY. THE SamE FIELD

The MAYOR and CASSIE walk among the emergency vehicles.

MAYOR

(To Cassie) Jimmy meant somethng to this town. He was one of our best. We won't be the Same without him.

CASSIE

Our best seem to be dropping like flies. Clayton, my father, Jimmy.

MAYOR

What is it exactly you want me to do?

CASSIE

How bout closing this section of road for starters?

MAYOR

Close the main road. The only road in and out of town? Accidents do happen Cassie, and that's what they are. Accidents.

Dean and Sam approach and stand behind CASSIE.

Dean: Did the cops check for additional dinting on Jimmy's car, see if it was pushed?

MAYOR

(To Cassie) Who's this?

CASSIE

Dean and Sam Winchester. Family friends. This is Mayor Harold Todd.

MAYOR

There's one set of tire tracks. One. . doesn't point to foul play.

CASSIE

Mayor, the police and town officials take their cues from you. If you're indifferent about...

MAYOR

Indifferent!

CASSIE

Would you close the road if the victims were white?

MAYOR

You suggesting I'm r*cist Cassie? I'm the last person you should talk to like that.

Cassie

And why is that.

MAYOR

Why don't you ask your mother.

The MAYOR walks away, leaving them standing in the field.

INT. MOTEL ROOM.

Sam: (In trousers, shirt and tie, picking up a suit jacket) I'll say this for her, she's fearless.

Dean: (In a suit, fixing tie in the mirror)Mm-hmm.

Sam: (grinning) Bet she kicked your ass a coupla times.

Dean glances at him then returns to the mirror.

Sam: What's interesting is you guys never really look at each other at the Same time. You look at her when she's not looking, she checks you out when you look away. (Grinning) It's just a...just an interesting observation in a...you know...observationally interesting way.

Dean: You think we might have more pressing issues here?

Sam: Hey, if I'm hitting a nerve.

Dean: (turning away) Let's go.

Sam snickers.

Impala cruising down a wet country road.

EXT. DAY. DOCKS.

Dean and Sam walking down a pier. A few people are fishing. They approach two older men having lunch.

Sam: Excuse me. Are you Ron Stubbins?

RON nods.

Dean: You were friends with Jimmy Anderson?

RON

Who are you?

Dean: We're Mr Anderson's insurance company. We're just here to dot 'I's' and cross 'T's'.

Sam: We were just wondering, had the deceased mentioned any unusual recent experiences?

RON

What do you mean, unusual?

Sam: Well visions, halluinations.

Dean: It's part of a medical examination kind of thing. All very standard.

RON

What company did you say you were with?

Dean: All National Mutual. Tell me, did he ever mention seeing a truck? A big black truck?

RON

What the hell you talking about? You even speaking English?

RON's Friend

Son this truck, a big scary monster looking thing?

Dean: Yeah actually, I think so.

Friend

Hmm.

Dean: What?

Friend

I have heard of a truck like that.

Sam: You have. Where?

Friend

Not where. When. Back in the '60s there was a string of deaths. Black men. Story goes, they disappeared in a big, nasty, black truck.

Dean: They ever catch the guy who did it?

Friend

Never found him. Hell, not sure they even really looked. See there was a time, this town wasn't too friendly to all it's citzens.

Sam: Thank you.

Sam and Dean make their way back down the pier to the Impala.

Dean

Truck.

Sam: Keeps coming up doesn't it?

Dean: You know, I was thinking. You heard of the flying dutchman?

Sam: Yeah, a ghost ship, infused with the Captain's evil spirit. It was basically part of him.

Dean: (Nodding) So what if we're dealing with the Same thing? You know, a phantom truck, an extension of some bastard's ghost, re-enacting past crimes.

Sam: The victims have all been black men.

Dean: I think it's more than that. They all seem connected to Cassie and her family.

Sam: All right. Well, you work that angle, go talk to her.

Dean: Yeah I will.

Sam: Oh, and you might also wanna mention that other thing.

Dean: What other thing?

Sam: The serious, unfinished business?

Dean remains obstinately silent.

Sam:

(huffs a laugh) Dean, what is going on between you two?

Dean: All right, so maybe we were a little bit more involved than I said.

Sam: (staring at Dean, waiting) Oh, Ok.

Dean: OK, a lot more. Maybe. And I told her our secret, about what we do. And I shouldn't have.

Sam: Ah look man, everybody's gotta open up to someone sometime.

Dean: Yeah I don't. It was stupid to get that close. I mean, look how it ended.

Sam smiles at Dean.

Dean: Would you stop!

Sam keeps staring and smiling.

Dean: Blink or something!

Sam: You loved her.

Dean: Oh God.

Dean turns to the Impala.

Sam: You were in love with her, but you dumped her.

Dean is silent. He stares at the ground, glances at Sam, then looks back to the ground.

Sam: Oh wow. She dumped you.

Dean: Get in the car. (Getting in himself) Get in the car!

INT. CASSIE's HOUSE.

CASSIE sits at the desk in the lounge. There is a knock at the door.

CASSIE

Dean!

Dean: Hey.

CASSIE

Hey. Come on in.

Dean: So...you busy, or...

Cassie

The paper's doing a tribute to Jimmy. I was just going through his stuff...his awards. Trying to find the words.

Dean: That's gotta be tough.

CASSIE

For years this family owned the paper. The Dorians? They had a whites only policy. After they sold it Jimmy became the first black reporter. He didn't stop til he became editor. He taught me everything...(drifting off). Where's your brother?

Dean: (Shrugging) Not here.

CASSIE

All right. So, uh, what brings you here?

Dean: Trying to find the connection between the three victims. By the way, did you talk to your mum about, what Todd said about not being a r*cist?

CASSIE

I did. She didn't want to talk about it.

Dean: Right.

A short silence.

Dean: So just then, why did you ask where my brother was?

CASSIE

Nothing. It wasn't important.

Dean: Could it be because, without him here it's just you and me? Not you, me and Sam which would be easier?

CASSIE

It's not easier...Look, I...

Dean: (Turning away) No. Forget it. It's fine. We'll keep it strictly business.

CASSIE

(Staring after him) I forgot you do that.

Dean: Do what?

CASSIE

Oh. Whenever we get, what's the word...close? Anywhere in the neighbourhood of emotional vulnerability, you back off. Or make some joke. Or find any way to shut the door on me.

Dean: (Offended and barking our a laugh) Oh that's hilarious. (walking back to stand in front of her) See, I'm not the one who took that big final door and slammed it behind me.

CASSIE

Ok wait a minute...

Dean: And I'm not the one who took the key and buried it.

CASSIE

We done with this metaphor?

Dean: Alls I'm saying is I was totally up front with you back then, and you nailed me for it.

CASSIE

The guy I'm with, the guy I'm hoping might be in my future, tell's me he professionally pops ghosts.

Dean: That's not the words I used!

CASSIE

And that he has to leave, to go work with his father.

Dean: I did!

CASSIE

All I could think was, If you want out fine, but don't tell me this insane story.

Dean: (Raising his voice and getting in her face) It was the truth Cassie, and I notice it didn't sound insane the minute you thought I could help you.

CASSIE

Well back then I thought you just wanted to dump me.

Dean: Whoa! Now let's not forget who dumped who ok?

CASSIE

I thought it was what you wanted.

Dean: Well it wasn't.

CASSIE

I didn't mean to hurt you.

Dean: Well you did.

CASSIE

I'm sorry!

Dean: Yeah me too.

They stare at each other, then start making out furiously. Switch to them falling into bed, making love.

MUSIC: Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home

END ACT TWO

EXT. A BUILDING SITE.

The Mayor stands looking at plans. He folds them up and makes his way back to his car. Before he can get in the black truck pulls up behind him, reving it's engine. The Mayor starts to run down the road. The truck hits him, he falls down an embankment and rolls to a stop, obviously dead.

END ACT TWO

ACT THREE

INT. CASSIE's BED

Dean lays on his back, his arm around Cassie tucked against his side.

CASSIE

We should fight more often.

Dean: (staring at the roof, absentmindedly running his fingers up and down her arm) Absolutely.

CASSIE

Actually we were always pretty good at fighting. (Indicating their position) This we were good at. It's all the other stuff...not so much.

Dean: Hey I tried. I told you who I really was. That was a big first for me.

CASSIE

Why'd you tell me?

Dean: I don't know. I guess I couldn't lie to you.

CASSIE

Dean. You told me that story...it scared the hell outta me. I thought you were nuts. Dangerous even. Actually, maybe I was looking for a reason to walk away.

Dean: In my work...uh...I see some horrible things. Things that can't be explained. I deal with them. But working things out with you?

CASSIE

I'm a scary one all right...well, usually things get worked out. When you really want them to.

Dean: (Hesitantly) You know, I'm still really involved. With my dad's work.

CASSIE

(leaning up on one elbow to look down at Dean) No more excuses ok? From you or me.

Dean: Ok.

They start kissing. Dean's phone rings and he reaches for it.

Dean: Yeah.

Dean listens. Looks startled.

You're kidding!

EXT. FIELD.

It is snowing. Dean approaches Sam, who is talking to a cop.

Sam: (putting away some sort of ID) He's with me.

The cop leaves. Sam turns to Dean with a half smile.

Sam: Where were you last night? You didn't make it back to the hotel.

Dean: Well...

Sam: I'm guessing you guys worked things out?

Dean: We'll be working things out when we're ninety. So what happened?

Sam: Every bone crushed. Internal organ's turned to pudding. The cops are all stumped, it's like something ran him over.

Dean: Something like a truck?

Sam: Yep.

Dean: Tracks?

Sam: Nope.

Dean: What was the Mayor doing here anyway?

Sam: He owned the property. Bought it a few weeks ago.

Dean: But he's white, he doesn't fit the pattern.

Sam: Killings didn't happen up on the road. That doesn't fit either.

INT. NEWSPAPER OFFICE.

CASSIE makes two mugs of tea and takes them over to where Dean sits at a computer.

CASSIE

Here.

Dean: Thanks. So I'm trying to find some link between those killings back in the '60s and what's going on now. There wasn't a lot about it in the paper.

CASSIE

Not surprising. Probably minimal policework too. Back then equal justice under the law wasn't too literal around here.

Dean's phone rings.

Sam: (On phone) Ok, the courthouse records show that Mr and Mrs Mayor bought an abandoned property. The previous owner was the Dorian family for, like, 150 years.

Dean: Dorian?

Sam: Yeah.

Dean: (To Cassie) Didn't you say the Dorian family used to own this paper?

CASSIE

(Nodding) Along with everything else around here. Real pillars of the town.

Dean: Right, right.

Dean clicks a few links on the computer.

Dean: That's interesting.

Sam: What?

Dean: This Cyrus Dorian. He vanished in April of '63.The case was investigated but never solved. It was right around the time the string of murders was going on back then.

Sam: Well I pulled a bunch of papers up on the Dorian place, it musta been in bad shape when the Mayor bought.

Dean: Why's that?

Sam: The first thing he did was bulldoze the place.

Dean: (to Cassie) Mayor Todd knocked down the Dorian place?

CASSIE

It was a big deal. One of the oldest houses left. He made the front page.

Dean: (To Sam) You got a date?

Sam: Ahhh. The 3rd of last month.

Dean: (clicking, then reading from computer screen) Mayor Todd bulldozed the Dorian family home on the 3rd. The first k*lling was the very next day.

EXT. NIGHT. CASSIE's HOUSE

Cassie wanders around with a glass of something. As she puts it down on the desk the lights flicker and she hears a reving engine outside. Headlights shine through the slats of the blinds and she hurriedly closes them. The truck starts making passes at the house and Cassie. terrified, runs from room to room closing the blinds. She races for her phone and dials a number.

CASSIE

Dean. Dean!

END ACT THREE

ACT FOUR

INT. CASSIE's LOUNGE.

Sam hands her a cup of tea. Dean sits beside her protectively.

CASSIE

(Hands shaking, rattling the cup) Maybe you could throw a couple of sh*ts in that.

Sam: You didn't see who was driving the truck.

CASSIE

It seemed to be no one. Everything was moving so fast. And then it was just gone. Why didn't it k*ll us?

Dean: Whoever was controlling the truck wants you afraid first.

Sam: Mrs Robinson, Cassie said that your husband saw the truck before he d*ed.

Mrs ROBINSON is shaking.

CASSIE

Mom?

Mrs ROBINSON

Oh. Martin was under a lot of stress. You can't be sure about what he was seeing.

Dean: Well after tonight I think we can be reasonably sure he was seeing a truck. What happened tonight, you and Cassie are marked. Ok? Your daughter could die. So if you know something now would be a really good time to tell us about it.

CASSIE

Dean..

Mrs ROBINSON

Yes. Yes, he said he saw a truck.

Sam: Did he know who it belonged to?

Mrs ROBINSON

He thought he did.

Dean: Who was that?

Mrs ROBINSON

(getting upset) Cyrus. A man named Cyrus.

Sam and Dean look at each other, Dean reaches for his bag and shows Mrs ROBINSON the newspaper article about DORIAN's death.

Dean: Is this Cyrus?

Mrs ROBINSON

Cyrus Dorian d*ed more than 40 years ago.

Dean: (softly) How do you know he d*ed, Mrs Robinson? The paper's said he went missing. How do you know he d*ed?

Mrs ROBINSON

We were all very young. I dated Cyrus a while, I was also seeing Martin...in secret of course. Inter-racial couples didn't go over too well back then. When I broke it off with Cyrus and when he found out about Martin, I don't know, he, changed. His hatred. His hatred was frightening.

Sam: The murders.

Mrs ROBINSON

(sounding upset) There were rumours. People of colour disappearing into some kind of a truck. Nothing was ever done. Martin and a... Martin and I, we were gunna be, uh, married in that little church near here, but last minute we decided to elope as we didn't want the attention.

Dean: And Cyrus?

Mrs ROBINSON

(completely breaking down) The day we set for the wedding, was the day someone set fire to the church. There was a children's choir practising in there. They all d*ed.

Sam: (softly) Did the att*cks stop after that?

Mrs ROBINSON

(Sobbing) No! There was one more. One night that truck came for Martin. Cyrus b*at him something terrible. But Martin, you see, Martin got loose. And he started hitting Cyrus and he just kept hitting him and hitting him.

Dean: Why didn't you call the cops?

Mrs ROBINSON

(crying) This was forty years ago. He called on his friends, Clayton Soames and Jimmy Anderson, and they put Cyrus' body into the truck and they rolled it into the swamp at the end of his land and all three of them kept that secret all of these years.

Sam: And now all three are gone.

Dean: And so is Mayor Todd. Now he said that you of all people would know he is not a r*cist. Why would he say that?

Mrs ROBINSON

He was a good man. He was a young Deputy back then investigating Cyrus' disappearence. Once he figured out what Martin and the others had done he...he did nothing, because he also knew what Cyrus had done.

CASSIE

Why didn't you tell me?

Mrs ROBINSON

(Still crying) I thought I was protecting them. And now there's no one left to protect.

Dean: Yes there is.

Dean looks at Cassie. So does Mrs ROBINSON, looking shaken.

EXT. CASSIE's HOUSE. NIGHT.

Sam leans against Impala, Dean walks up and down.

Sam: Ah, my life was so simple. Just school, exams, papers on polycentric cultural norms.

Dean: Well I guess I saved you from a boring existence.

Sam: Yeah, occasionally I miss boring.

Dean: So this k*ller truck.

Sam: I miss conversations that didn't start with 'this k*ller truck'. Ahhh

Dean: (laughing a little) Well this Cyrus guy. Evil on a level that infected even his truck. When he d*ed, the swamp became his tomb, and his spirit was dormant for 40 years.

Sam: So what woke it up?

Dean: The construction on his house. Or the destruction.

Sam: Right. Demolition or remodelling can awaken spirits, make them restless.

Dean: Mmm-hmm.

Sam: Like that theatre in Illonois, ya know?

Dean: And the guy that tore down the family homestead, Harold Todd, is the Same guy that kept Cyrus' m*rder quiet and unsolved.

Sam: So now his spirit is awakened and out for blood.

Dean: Yeah I guess. Who knows what ghosts are thinking anyway.

Sam: You know we're going to havta dredge that body up from the swamp right.

Dean smiles at him.

Sam: Man.

Dean: You said it.

Sam: Yeah.

CASSIE approaches from the house. Dean stands.

Dean: Hey.

CASSIE

Hey. She's asleep. Now what.

Dean: Well you should stay put and look after her... and we'll be back. Don't leave the house.

CASSIE

(Smiling) Don't go getting all authoritative on me. I hate it.

Dean glances behind him to Sam. Sam looks down, grinning.

Dean: (Mumbling) Don't leave the house please?

CASSIE blinks slowly at Dean and he leans in to kiss her, smiling.

Sam glances over, grinning at them making out, and clears his throat. Dean keeps kissing CASSIE, holding one finger back at Sam to wait.

Dean: (breaking his kiss) You comin' or what?

EXT. NIGHT. THE DORIAN PROPERTY.

Sam: All right. Let's get her up.

Dean is at the wheel of a tractor. He backs it up, pulling a truck from the water.

Sam: All right. A little more. Little more. All right, stop.

Dean turns off the engine and jumps down.

Sam: Nice.

Dean: (moving to the trunk of the Impala) Hell yeah.

Sam: Now I know what she sees in you.

Dean: (rummaging among the weapons) What?

Sam: Come on man, you can admit it. You're still in love with her.

Dean: Ahh, can we focus please.

Sam: I'm just saying Dean.

Dean: (handing Sam something from the trunk) Hold that.

Sam: All right. What am I getting?

Dean: (In business mode) Gas. Flashlight...

Sam: Got it. got it.

Dean: Ok, let's get this done.

Sam: All right.

Dean: (Lowering the trunk of the Impala)Got it.

They move toward the door of the truck, glance at each other. Dean opens it. A decayed body falls out.

EXT. NIGHT. DORIAN PROPERTY.

Dean: All right let's get to it.

They salt and burn the body and stand watching.

Sam: Think that'll do it?

The ghost truck appears, headlights come on and engine reving.

Dean: I guess not.

END OF ACT FOUR

ACT FIVE

EXT. NIGHT. DORIAN PROPERTY.

Sam: So burning the body had no effect?

Dean: Sure it did. Now it's really pissed.

Sam: But Cyrus' ghost is gone, right Dean?

Dean: (starting to walk away) Apparently not the part that's fused with the truck.

Sam: Where you going?

Dean: Going for a little ride.

Sam: What!

Dean: Gunna lead that thing away. That piece of crap, you gotta burn it.

Sam: How the hell am I supposed to burn a truck Dean?

Dean: I don't know. Figure something out.

Sam: (catching the bag Dean throws at him) Figure something out?

Dean reverses the Impala and takes off. The ghost truck roars after him. Sam hides until it has passed. Dean and the Impala lead the truck on a wild ride through the misty back roads.

Sam's phone rings.

Hey, you gotta give me a minute.

Dean: I don't have a minute. What are we doing?

Sam: Ahh. Let me get back to you. (he hangs up)

Dean: (astounded) Get back to me?

Sam: (On phone again) Hey Cassie? Hey, it's Sam, I need some information and it has to be exactly right.

Sam: (back on the phone with Dean) All right, Dean?

Dean: This better be good.

Sam: Where are you?

Dean: In the middle of no where with a k*ller truck on my ass! It's like it knows I put the torch to Cyrus.

Sam: Listen to me, this is important. I have to know exactly where you are.

Dean: (Looking at a road sign as the Impala roars passed) Decatur road, about two miles off the highway.

Sam: Ok. Headed East?

Dean: Yes!

The Truck backends the Impala, which goes skidding all over the road before regaining traction.

Dean: You son of a bitch!

Sam: Ok, ahhh, turn right! Up ahead, turn right.

Dean swings right, the truck follows, both engines screaming and reving.

Sam: You make the turn?

Dean: Yeah I made the turn! You need to move this thing along a little faster.

Sam: All right, you see a road up ahead?

Dean: No! Wait. No, yes, I see it.

The truck is slowly gaining ground on the Impala's left side.

Sam: Ok, Turn left.

Dean: Wha...?

Grimacing, Dean slams on the brakes and the truck careens past as he spins the Impala left onto the smaller road.

Dean: All right, now what?

Sam: You need to go seven tenths of a mile and then stop.

Dean: Stop?

Sam: Exactly seven tenths Dean.

Dean: (looking at the speedometer) Seven tenths, seven tenths.

At the right moment Dean spins the car around and moves it back to sit exactly where Sam advised, facing back the way he had come. He is between to posts on each side of the road and the last remains of a wall, almost totally broken down. The ghost truck appears back down the road he came down, revving it's engine.

Sam: Dean, You still there?

Sam: What's happening?

Dean: It's just staring at me, what do I do?

Sam: Just what you are doing, bringing it to you.

Dean: Wha...

The truck spins it's tyres and comes barreling toward Dean and the Impala. Dean watches it come, hanging tightly to the Impala's steering wheel.

Dean: Come on Come on.

As it reaches him he closes his eyes and hangs on tight. The truck roars through him, disintergrating into nothing as it does so. Dean opens his eyes and stares at the now empty road in front of him. All that can be heard is the purring of the Impala's engine, the truck's reving having completely disappeared. Dean twists quickly to look behind and sees nothing.

Sam: Dean. You still there? Dean?

Dean: (looking shocked) Where'd it go?

Sam: Dean, you're where the church was.

Dean: What church!

Sam: The place Cyrus b*rned down. m*rder*d all those kids.

Dean: (looking at the posts left on the side of the road) There's not a whole lot left.

Sam: Church ground is hallowed ground, whether the church is still there or not. Evil spirits cross over hallowed ground, sometimes they're desTroyed, so I figured, maybe, that would get rid of it.

Dean: Maybe? Maybe! What if you were wrong?

Sam: Huh. Honestly that thought hadn't occured to me.

Dean: (Stares at his phone, then hangs up. Mimics) Well it honestly didn't occur to me. (Dean slaps the steering wheel) I"m gunna k*ll him.

EXT. DAY. THE DOCKS.

Dean and CASSIE walk toward the Impala, Sam is already in the driver's seat.

CASSIE

My mother says to tell you thanks again.

Dean nods and they come to a stop beside the Impala, facing each other.

CASSIE

This is a better goodbye than last time.

Dean: Yeah well maybe this time it will be a little less permanent.

CASSIE

You know what? I'm a realist. I don't see much hope for us Dean.

Dean: Well I've seen stranger things happen. A hell of a lot stranger.

CASSIE

Good bye Dean.

Dean: I'll see ya Cassie...I will.

They kiss, and stare into each others eyes. Dean gets in the car, Sam and CASSIE wave and the Impala takes off.

EXT. LONG COUNTRY ROAD

Dean stares out the window while Sam drives.

Sam: I like her.

Sam: You meet someone like her, doesn't it makes you wonder if it's worth it? Putting everything else on hold, doing what we do?

Dean looks at Sam for a long moment, then smiles and reaches for his sunglasses, which he slips on.

Dean: Why don't you wake me up when it's my turn to drive?

Dean slouches down in the seat with a sigh. Sam shakes his head and looks back at the long straivght road.

The Impala cruises.

END ACT FIVE

END EPISODE

Transcribed by TMATEOTB