02x19 - Folsom Prison Blues

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Supernatural". Aired: September 2005 to November 2020.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Two brothers follow their father's footsteps as "hunters" fighting evil supernatural beings of many kinds including monsters, demons, and gods that roam the earth.

02x19 - Folsom Prison Blues

Post by bunniefuu »

2.19 Folsom Prison Blues

Air Date: 26 April 2007

NOW

EXT. GREEN RIVER COUNTY DETENTION CENTER – DAY

Many men in orange jumpsuits are playing basketball, lifting weights and playing cards.

Subtitle: Green River County Detention Center

INT. GREEN RIVER COUNTY DETENTION CENTER – DAY

A man with a blowtorch is cutting open a cell. Two WORKERS are walking down hallway towards the man with blowtorch.

WORKER #1: Well this makes a lot of sense. First they close down the cellblock, and now they open it back up again? There's your tax dollars at work, huh?

WORKER #2 laughs.

WORKER #1: Here.

WORKER #1 hands the flashlight he was carrying to WORKER #2.

WORKER #1: [to BLOWTORCH GUY]You got that ready?

WORKER #1 grabs onto the cell door and pulls. BLOWTORCH GUY uses a crowbar to help. The door creaks slightly, then pulls free. WORKER #2 hands the flashlight back to WORKER #1. Both WORKERS shine flashlights on the back wall of the cell, which is cracked and appears to have dried blood on it.

WORKER #1: Yikes. Would've hate to have gotten thrown in here.

WORKER #1 breathes out, and his breath is eerily visible. He watches it float to the ceiling.

WORKER #1: [shakily]Hey, you feel that, man?

WORKER #2: [nods]Yeah.

The two pause and then turn, something seemingly having flown between them.

WORKER ?: Whoa!

Papers are sh*t into the air as something passes through the hall, and they flutter down to the ground.

WORKER ?: What was that?

CUT TO another dark hallway, which fades into a cell. RANDALL is lying on the bottom bed of a bunk bed, reading. He flips a page and Chuckles. Suddenly, the light above him flickers. He looks up at it, startled. The lights in the hallway start to flicker as well. RANDALL gets up and walks to his door, wrapping his fingers around the bars in his small window. The lights continue to flicker.

CUT TO a clock, encased in bars, ticking away. The time reads 10 o'clock. The camera zooms in on the 4, where the second hand stops. The lights continue to flicker.

CUT TO RANDALL's face, partly blocked by the bars. Suddenly something dark flashes by his cell. RANDALL steps back quickly from the window, making a startled noise. He slowly walks back up to the window and stares upwards.

RANDALL: Hey!

CUT TO the security camera.

RANDALL: Guard! Hey!

CUT TO the security monitors in the guard station, one on the top left displaying RANDALL's cell. The picture is flickering, and it's the only one that does. The camera pans to a Guard, who has a clipboard on his lap and is studying it while eating a sandwich. He looks up.

CUT TO the monitor displaying RANDALL, who is yelling and waving from his cell. Camera cuts to a full screen view of the Guard and monitors. He puts his clipboard down and leans over, pushing a button. Immediately RANDALL's voice is heard, very scratchy.

RANDALL: Come on, damn it! Hey! Guard! Come here! Hey!

The Guard sighs and leans back, pulling his walkie to his mouth.

Guard: Going down to B-Block. Randall again…

Voice ON Radio: Copy that.

The Guard stands and walks to the door.

CUT TO RANDALL, still looking up and yelling.

RANDALL: Hey!

ANOTHER PRISONER #1: Shut up already.

RANDALL: Guard, hey!

ANOTHER PRISONER #2: Come on, Randall, I'm trying to sleep.

RANDALL: You telling me you didn't see that? What, are you blind? Hey!

CUT TO RANDALL's window from his point of view. A baton slams against the bars and Guard appears after it.

Guard: Randall, cool it.

RANDALL: Cool it my ass, man – there's somebody out there.

Guard: Randall, turn out your light and go to sleep. I'm not going to say it again.

RANDALL turns slowly and starts walking back to his bed. There is a sh*t of the Guard's face. RANDALL lies down and turns out his light.

CUT TO the Guard, standing at the end of the hall.

Guard: Lights out, B-Block.

Voice ON Radio: Copy that, lights out.

The lights shut off. The Guard is walking down the hallway, his back to the camera, when someone with long white hair appears behind him. He turns around and sees no one. He continues walking, then hears a noise and turns again. He stops half way through the door, and stares into the darkness. Suddenly the door slams down on his arm. The Guard screams in pain. The prisoners yell. The Guard looks up from his arm, his lips bleeding, and stares at the camera's viewpoint in terror.

Guard: No…no…No! No! Nooo! No! No! Nooo! Aah! Nooooo!

CUT TO RANDALL's hallway and a close up of RANDALL's face through the bars, his eyes wide, as the Guard continues to scream.

SUPERNATURAL

ACT ONE

INT. MUSEUM – NIGHT

A sign reads: ARKANSAS MUSEUM OF ANTHROPOLOGY

EXHIBITIONS

MAIN MESOAMERICAN ART

ANNEX PRE COLOMBIAN LIFE

SECOND COLIMA UNEARTHED

The camera pans over the sign to reveal a darkened hallway with various pieces of art displayed. The door at the end of the hallway opens.

Subtitle: Three months later.

Sam and Dean walk in through the door, Dean holding a map and flashlight, Sam holding just a flashlight. Dean looks at the map.

Dean: This way.

They walk down the hallway.

Sam: I hate this plan, Dean.

Dean: Yeah, I got that the first ten times I heard it.

They turn a corner, walking side by side. They pass a motion sensor on the wall at mid-calf height. The light on the motion sensor turns red as they keep walking.

CUT TO Sam's hands, undoing the lock on a glass exhibition case. The camera pans up to his face as he carefully takes a decorated axe from the case. Dean is holding a hooked dagger from another case. Sam turns the axe around in his hands. There is a noise off screen, and Sam looks up. Dean looks back at Sam. Sam inclines his head and they put down the weapons and leave.

CUT TO the hallway. Sam and Dean leave the room and walk quickly towards the exit. They turn a corner and are met by two policemen.

Cop #1: Freeze!

They turn back the other way, but two more policemen block their path.

Cop #2: Don't move!

They go down the last hallway open to them, and there is yet another pair of cops standing there.

Cop #1: I said freeze!

Cop #2: Hold it right there!

Cop #1: Put your hands on you heads! Get down on your knees! Now!

Sam and Dean comply, kneeling down. Two of the cops walk closer and handcuff them. The camera pans in on Dean's face, then Sam's, then returns to Dean's. Dean smiles slightly. Sam doesn't look as pleased.

INT. Police STATION – NIGHT

Sam is standing in front of a mug sh*t board holding a sign that says: 81A3826

Little ROCK

CITY Police

Little ROCK AR.

He reaches about 6'5 on the board.

PHOTOGRAPHER: Front.

The camera clicks, and Sam's picture turns black and white.

PHOTOGRAPHER: To the right.

The camera clicks again, and Sam is now facing his right, looking broody.

CUT TO Dean standing where Sam was, holding a similar sign.

18A3827

Little ROCK

CITY Police

Little ROCK AR.

He reaches just under 6'3 and is grinning.

Dean: I call this one the Blue Steel.

Dean poses for the camera.

PHOTOGRAPHER: Yeah, that's right.

The camera clicks and the picture changes to black and white as Sam's did.

PHOTOGRAPHER:

To the right.

The camera clicks again, and Dean faces the right.

PHOTOGRAPHER:

All right, back to the lineup.

Dean: Wait, who looks better, me or Nick Nolte?

PHOTOGRAPHER: Shut up.

CUT TO an interrogation room in which Dean is sitting. The door opens and two men enter. One is Agent Henriksen.

Dean: Well, it's about time. I'll have a cheeseburger. Extra onions.

Henriksen: You think you're funny.

Dean: I think I'm adorable.

Dean smiles widely.

Henriksen: It is a pleasure to finally meet you in person, Dean. I'm Special Agent Victor Henriksen. This is my partner, Special Agent Reidy.

Dean: [still smiling, but looking a bit worried]Henriksen? Not the Milwaukee agent Henriksen?

Henriksen: Live and in person.

Dean gives a short laugh. Henriksen pulls out a picture of Dean looking over his shoulder.

Henriksen: Oh, nice sh*t. [He tosses the picture onto the table.]You can hang that up in your cell at Super Max.

Dean: All right, maybe we can just forget the cheeseburger, huh?

Henriksen: Oh, yeah. Keep that game face on. Try and cover how up cornered you are. [to REIDY]Read him the charges.

REIDY: Mail fraud, credit card fraud, grave desecration...

Henriksen: Skip to the good ones.

REIDY: Armed robbery, kidnapping and, oh, three counts of first degree m*rder.

Henriksen: And after Milwaukee your brother is now a suspect in a m*rder case himself. I'd say for you two, screwed to hell is a major understatement.

Dean: Well, where there's life there's hope, huh?

Henriksen: [Makes a noise of assent]See? That's what I kept thinking as I was searching for your asses all over hell and gone. [He leans forward on the table, speaking softly.]Your dad taught you well. The way you cover your tracks and after Milwaukee the way you [He whistles and moves his hand to the side, mimicking disappearing]vanished. [Dean laughs softly.]Near went nuts trying to find you. Ask him.

REIDY: [Deadpans]He near went nuts.

Henriksen: And after all of that, you get tripped up on a motion detector. Pretty rookie move. Gotta say I was… surprised.

Dean is staring at the table when the door beside him opens. He looks at it, as does Henriksen and REIDY. In walks Public Defender MARA DANIELS.

MARA DANIELS: Dean Winchester?

Dean: In the flesh.

Henriksen: And you are?

MARA DANIELS: Mara Daniels, Public Defender's office. [She shakes hands with Dean.]I've been assigned you and your brother's case.

Dean: Huh.

MARA DANIELS: Are you Henriksen?

Henriksen: Yeah, and we're not quite done here.

MARA DANIELS: Ah, yeah, you are. And if you don't mind, I would like to meet with my clients. Privately.

Dean raises his eyebrows and smiles at Henriksen.

CUT TO MARA DANIELS, Sam and Dean sitting in the Same room. MARA opens her suitcase.

MARA DANIELS: Unfortunately your arraignment on the breaking and entering charge won't be until Tuesday.

Dean: And they'll keep us in the county jail?

MARA DANIELS: That's right.

Sam: Green River County Detention Center?

MARA DANIELS: Yes. And considering the charges you're facing, no judge in his right mind is going to grant you bail.

Dean: Yeah, we figured that.

MARA DANIELS: Extradition papers have already been filed from five separate states, Missouri and Wisconsin being the biggest concern – the bank robbery and the m*rder raps.

Sam: How long can we stall extradition?

MARA DANIELS: A week, maybe less.

Dean nods. Sam raises his eyebrows at his brother.

EXT. GREEN RIVER COUNTY DETENTION CENTER – DAY

Rear bus doors open, revealing a shackled man, who gets out. Following him is Dean, holding the chains attached to his wrists and feet. Sam follows.

Guard (V-O): All right, let's go. Watch your step. Come on, keep moving.

The prisoners walk past the front of the bus in a line and along the rec yard from earlier. Prisoners line up against the fence and catcall at the new convicts. One of them points at Sam.

PRISONER: You're mine, baby!

Dean: Don't worry, Sam. I promise I won't trade you for smokes.

A sign in the rec yard reads: ATTENTION

INMATE FIGHTING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

The new prisoners, flanked by two guards and each carrying blankets and a roll of toilet paper, walk down the hallway in a line. One of the guards unlocks a cell door. The first prisoner in line and Dean enter the cell.

Dean: I call top bunk!

Dean's roommate scoffs and places his things on the top bunk.

Dean: Okay.

Dean turns and watches Sam walk into the cell across the hallway from his.

Sam nods to his very large roommate, who stands slowly and glares at him. Sam's eyes widen and he turns around. The cell doors close on him and Dean as they stare at each other.

CUT TO a cell block hallway. The prisoners are lined up to be frisked by a guard, and scanned with a metal-detecting rod by another. Dean and Sam are well down the line.

Dean: [in a low voice to Sam, who is standing behind him]My roommate doesn't say much – how's yours?

Sam: [quietly]Just keeps staring at me... in a way that makes me really uneasy.

Dean: It sounds like you're making new friends.

Sam: Dean, this is, without a doubt, the dumbest, craziest thing we've ever done. And that's in a long, storied career of dumb and crazy.

Dean: Calm down. It's all part of the plan.

Sam: Oh really? So Henriksen showing up was part of the plan?

Dean: Yeah, that guy moves a little faster than I thought. Look, all we gotta do is find this ghost, put the sucker down... then grab ourselves a couple of teardrop tattoos.

Sam: That's not funny. Dean, what about this escape plan? I –

Dean: It's 100 percent sure. I wouldn't have gone if it wasn't. I mean, come on, man, this place has all the signs of a haunting. Innocent people are dead. Four so far.

Sam: [laughs sarcastically]Yeah, innocent.

Dean:

You from Texas all of a sudden? Just because these people are in jail, doesn't mean they deserve to die. If we don't stop this, people are going to continue to die. We do this job wherever it takes us.

Sam: Look, Dean, just be straight with me, all right? You're doing this for Deacon.

Dean: Damn right.

Sam: Well, you barely even know the guy.

Dean: We know he was in the Corps with Dad. He saved Dad's life. We owe him.

Sam: But don't you think he's asking a little much?

Dean: It doesn't matter. We may not be saints, but we're loyal and we pay our debts. Now, that means something to me, and it ought to you. I'm not thrilled about this either, but Deacon asked us to hunt this thing down, and that's what we're going to do.

CUT TO Sam looking at spaghetti on his fork and sniffing at it. He and Dean are eating at a table.

Dean: You know, this chicken isn't half bad.

Sam: Great.

Sam puts down his fork and slides his plate towards Dean.

Sam: Finish mine. All right, so let's go back over this, Dean.

Dean stabs Sam's chicken with a fork and moves it to his own plate.

Sam: Spirit suspect number one is Mark Moody, right?

Dean: Yeah, psycho k*ller extraordinaire – Satanism, ritual m*rder*r, d*ed in jail.

Sam: You sure it's him?

Dean: Pretty sure.

Sam: Dean, considering our circumstances, I'm gonna need a little bit better than "pretty sure."

Dean: Really pretty sure. Moody d*ed of a heart att*ck, which is what all the victims in here are dying of. He d*ed in the old cell block, which they closed after he croaked, 30 years ago. They just opened that back up. That's when the killings started.

Sam: So you think his spirit was released somehow?

Dean: Um-hmm.

Sam: But what if he was already cremated?

Dean: I'm guessing there's something in the old block that's keeping him around. And whatever it is, we got to find it. And, uh, you know the rest. [Dean puts down his fork.]I'm done.

Dean gets up and walks away, Sam following. Sam bumps heavily into a TATTOOED PRISONER.

Sam: Sorry. I –

TATTOOED PRISONER: Watch where you're going.

Sam: Yeah. Sure. I just –

Dean walks over to the TATTOOED PRISONER.

Dean: He said he was sorry.

Sam: Dean...

TATTOOED PRISONER: You talking to me? [Dean stares at him.]Are you talking to me?

Dean: Great, another guy who's seen "Taxi Driver" too many times. Yeah, I'm talking to you. Trust me. Let it go.

The TATTOOED PRISONER walks away and Dean turns to Sam.

Sam: Dean, come on.

Dean: See, that's how you got to talk to these guys. [Dean winks.]Instant respect.

The TATTOOED PRISONER is talking to a VERY LARGE PRISONER, who is sitting at a table nearby. The VERY LARGE PRISONER gets up.

Sam: You were saying?

The VERY LARGE PRISONER is following the TATTOOED PRISONER towards Dean as other prisoners look on.

Dean: Oh, great.

The TATTOOED PRISONER throws a punch at Dean. Dean catches him and holds him from behind.

Dean: We can end this right now – no harm, no foul.

The TATTOOED PRISONER breaks Dean's hold. Dean grabs him again and slams him against a wall. The TATTOOED PRISONER steps on Dean's foot. Dean steps back and kicks the TATTOOED PRISONER in the groin and then sends him flying backwards to the ground with another kick.

WARDEN: That's enough!

The WARDEN and a Guard walk up.

WARDEN: On your feet, Lucas.

LUCAS: Yes, sir, boss.

The WARDEN takes out his baton and holds it under Dean's chin.

WARDEN: What's your name?

Dean: Winchester.

WARDEN: Well, Winchester... not a good start. Solitary. You too, Lucas.

Guards grab LUCAS and Dean.

LUCAS: Yes, sir.

Dean: [to the guard holding him]Are we having fun yet, huh?

The VERY LARGE PRISONER points at Sam, then makes a slicing motion across his neck. Sam sighs.

CUT TO a cell block hallway, then to a cell in which Dean is sitting, leaning against a wall.

Dean: I wish I had a baseball.

LUCAS looks through the small window in the door of his cell, across the hallway from Dean's cell.

LUCAS: What? What'd you say?

Dean: I said, "I wish I had a baseball."

Dean moves so he can look through his own window.

Dean: You know, like – like Steve McQueen.

LUCAS: Yeah? Well, I wish I had a bat so I could bash your frickin' head in.

Dean goes back to leaning against the wall.

Dean: Well, so much for the bonding in solitary moment.

The lights flicker and Dean's breath becomes visible. He looks through the window and sees a clock in the hallway, which reads 8:30. The second hand is just past the 4 and is not moving.

Dean: Crap. Lucas, listen to me. Stay very still.

LUCAS looks through his window. There is a whooshing sound and two narrowed eyes look back at him. LUCAS steps back in alarm. A hand grabs him from behind and turns his face around. We see a close-up of the narrowed eyes. LUCAS grimaces, then screams, as dark veins pop out on and spread across his face. Dean is looking though his own window, though he probably can't see what is happening in LUCAS's cell.

ACT TWO

INT. Little ROCK Police STATION – DAY

Henriksen is reading a file at his desk. REIDY is looking at paperwork in the background. MARA DANIELS enters the room.

MARA DANIELS: Henriksen.

Henriksen: Hey, Daniels.

MARA DANIELS: Can I have a word?

Henriksen: Have a seat. What's on your mind?

MARA DANIELS: I've been going through the Winchester charges. And I got to say, there are some weird inconsistencies.

Henriksen: Welcome to my world.

MARA DANIELS: I talked to a cop in Baltimore who swears up and down these boys saved her life and helped her catch a k*ller. And there's a witness to your bank robbery in Milwaukee. She swears Sam and Dean saved her life.

Henriksen: Saved her from what?

MARA DANIELS: She was a little unclear on that.

Henriksen: That's because she's nuts. Look, I was in Milwaukee. I spoke to her. I spoke to all the witnesses.

MARA DANIELS: And?

Henriksen: And, all I know is, wherever these guys go, people die. It's that simple.

MARA DANIELS: I don't know that it is. They just don't seem cut and dry guilty to me. I think there's more to this.

Henriksen: Like what?

MARA DANIELS: I don't know. Can't put my finger on it. It's just... strange.

Henriksen: Strange. Yeah. Okay. Grownups are trying to get some work done here, so... if you don't mind...

MARA DANIELS leaves the room.

Sam and a PRISONER are mopping floors.

Sam: How you doing?

PRISONER: I'm 54 years old, mopping the floor of a crapper with bars on the windows. How you think I'm doing?

Sam: All right. Bad icebreaker. I'm Sam.

PRISONER: Randall.

Sam: Nice to meet y– Randall. Hey, weren't you there the night that guard d*ed?

RANDALL: Yeah.

Sam: Well, what happened?

RANDALL: They say the stress of the job got him.

Sam: Yeah? What do you say?

RANDALL: Why are you inside, kid?

Sam: 'Cause I got an idiot for a brother.

RANDALL: That'll do it.

Sam: Yeah.

RANDALL: Well, this place ain't so bad. Compared to the old cellblock, this is the damn Hilton.

Sam: You spent time in the old block?

RANDALL: Oh, yeah, I was a regular customer.

Sam: Didn't they have Mark Moody there for a while?

RANDALL: He was there. I was there, too, the night that lunatic bought it.

Sam: Yeah? It was a heart att*ck, right?

RANDALL: Sure, his heart stopped right after the guard stopped using his head for batting practice. The next morning, I was in his cell, mopping up the blood. What a mess.

Sam: Wait. So he – he was beaten and – and nobody reported it?

RANDALL: You kept your mouth shut, unless you wanted to die from the Same heart att*ck, you know?

Sam: Randall, exactly how much blood was there?

EXT. GREEN RIVER COUNTY DETENTION CENTER REC YARD – DAY

Dean is playing cards with a PRISONER at an outdoor table.

Dean: Call.

PRISONER : Three aces.

Dean: That's a bad b*at. That is a bad b*at...

The PRISONER picks up the cigarettes that are on the table between them. Dean had a large pile of cigarettes next to him. Sam is standing nearby watching the game.

Dean: ...but, see, I'm full... 3s over aces.

The PRISONER drops the cigarettes, slams his hand down on the table and stands up.

Dean: [laughs and spreads his hands]Sorry. Hey, it's a cruel game, my friend.

The PRISONER flings down his cards and walks off.

Dean: Sorry, guys.

Sam sits down across from Dean as Dean gathers the cigarettes he won.

Dean: It's like picking low hanging fruit.

Sam: You don't even smoke.

Dean: Are you kidding me? This is the currency of the realm.

Sam: Look. I got a good lead on Moody.

Dean: Me too. His spirit paid a little visit last night.

Sam: What?

Dean: The clock stopped, the flickering lights, cold spot... I mean, he did everything but yell boo.

Sam: Well, what happened?

Dean: He walked right by me. Lucas wasn't so lucky. I mean, the way he was screaming... Guy was a jerk, but he didn't deserve to go like that. What'd you find out on Moody?

Sam: Yeah, I think I know where we might find his remains. Blood in his old cell.

Dean: Blood? I thought it was a heart att*ck.

Sam: It was, after the guards worked him over. I mean, apparently there was so much blood in there, they had trouble mopping it out.

Dean: How we gonna get in?

Sam: I got a plan.

Dean: [smiling]That's the Sammy I know. Come on, man, you're like Clint Eastwood from "Escape From Alcatraz."

Sam: The problem is if even if we do find something, how are we gonna burn it? We don't have any accelerant.

Dean: It's a good thing I'm like James Garner from "The Great Escape."

Dean stands up and holds up two hands full of cigarettes.

Dean: Hey, fellas! Who's ready to deal?

Sam and Dean are in line for food.

Dean: You sure about this?

Sam: Pretty sure.

Dean: Yeah, well, considering our circumstances, I'd like a little better than "pretty sure."

Sam: Okay, really pretty sure.

Dean: I'd like mine al dente.

The server plonks spaghetti noodles and sauce on Dean's tray.

Dean: Perfect.

Dean walks to a table at which the VERY LARGE PRISONER is sitting.

Dean: Save room for dessert, Tiny.

Dean sits down across from TINY.

Dean: Hey, I wanted to ask you, 'cause I couldn't help but notice that you are two tons of fun. Just curious – is it like a thyroid problem, or is it some deep seated self-esteem issue?

Sam is on his feet nearby, watching.

Dean: 'Cause, you know, they're, uh they're just doughnuts. They're not love.

Sam is now standing near two guards. TINY shoves his tray towards Dean and punches Dean in the face. Dean goes flying to the ground. The WARDEN walks around a corner near the two guards. Dean gets up and hits TINY three times, but his punches seem to have no impact. TINY grabs the front of Dean's prison jumpsuit and Dean headbutts TINY. Dean steps back with a hand to his head. A guard puts his baton around TINY's neck from behind. TINY picks up the guard and throws him down on the table.

WARDEN: Guys, give me a hand.

The WARDEN and two guards who were standing near Sam hurry over as TINY punches Dean again and grabs him from behind. During the struggle, Sam slips into the kitchen. He grabs a salt shaker and climbs into a vent.

The guards finally succeed at pulling TINY away from Dean. Dean falls to the floor. Another guard helps Dean up and the WARDEN grabs Dean's face.

WARDEN: If we'd waited any longer, you'd be dead.

Dean: You waited long enough.

The WARDEN shoves his baton into Dean's stomach. Dean doubles over and the WARDEN grabs the back of his head.

WARDEN: Do yourself a favor. Don't talk. [to the guards]Take them both up to the infirMary.

Sam is lowering himself down into a hallway in the old cellblock. He opens a cell door and lifts the cover on the bed, revealing a large bloodstain. He sprinkles salt and lighter fluid onto the bloodstain, lights a match and sets the bedding on fire.

CUT TO the infirMary. Dean and TINY are in adjacent cells with wire fence walls and a curtain between them.

Dean: Hey, Tiny.

TINY: Yeah?

Dean: Hey, sorry about the things I was saying earlier. Can't really tell you why, but I had to get you angry. So, uh... Anyway, sorry.

TINY: It's okay. Truth is, I have low self-esteem issues. My old man treated me and my brother like crap, right up till the day he d*ed.

Dean: How'd he die?

TINY: My brother sh*t him.

Dean sees the ghost of a woman standing on the other side of a fenced-off area of the infirMary. The clock on the wall reads 8:45 and the second hand is at 12.

Dean: Oh, crap.

TINY: What is it?

Dean gets off his bed, looks around for something to use against the ghost and rattles the door of his cell. The ghost walks through the fence she was standing behind. The time on the clock hasn't changed.

TINY: What's going on?

Dean grabs a salt shaker from a tray at the end of his bed. The ghost comes closer and Dean is flung back against the wall. He falls to the floor with a groan.

TINY: What is it?

The ghost is now standing over Dean. She puts a hand to his chest and he groans. She breathes out and her breath is visible. Dean flings salt at her and she disappears. He lies back, groaning in pain.

TINY: Oh! No! No!

Dean: Tiny!

Dean gets to his feet. We can see TINY's shape through the curtain as he slides down the fenced wall of his cell.

Dean: Tiny!

Dean slams the door of his cell and kicks it.

Dean: [shouting]Guard! Guard!
ACT THREE

Sam and Dean are walking across the yard.

Sam: Wait. So you're telling me it wasn't Moody?

Dean: Not unless he liked going around dressed like a nurse. Poor Tiny, man. Poor giant Tiny.

Sam: Wait, so this is – this is, like the ghost of some nurse who worked here or something?

Dean: I don't know, man. I guess.

Sam: At this point, "I don't know" isn't working for me. See, uh, I thought we were done. I called Deacon. It's happening. We're getting out tonight.

Dean: I guess we got to do some quick research, then.

Sam: How? I mean, maybe you haven't noticed... we're in jail.

CUT TO Sam talking to RANDALL.

RANDALL: So you want to know about some nurse?

Sam nods.

RANDALL: Why you want to know?

Dean: We got our reasons. But, uh, we'll make it worth your while.

Dean shows RANDALL a pack of cigarettes, which RANDALL takes.

Dean: So, this nurse, she would have white hair, one screwed up eye – is that ringing a bell?

RANDALL: Yeah. Yeah, I remember her.

Dean: You remember her name?

RANDALL: No, that's still kind of fuzzy.

Sam exhales, slightly amused. Dean and Sam look at each other.

Sam: Give it to him.

Dean: I earned these.

Sam: Dean.

Dean hands RANDALL another pack of cigarettes.

RANDALL: Glockner. Nurse Glockner. Nasty old bitch worked here in the '70s.

Sam: You knew her?

RANDALL: I met her once. Had to get a tetanus sh*t. She damn near jabbed the needle through my arm. At least I got out of there alive.

Sam: What do you mean?

RANDALL: I've heard these stories. I don't know if they were true. Cons love to talk, but we're all liars.

Dean: What kind of stories?

RANDALL: Guys would go up with a cold. Next thing you know, they're in a body bag. A whole rash of heart att*cks – young guys, old guys.

Sam: Heart att*cks?

RANDALL: Yeah. Story was Glockner had it out for cons and she did this, uh, Charles Bronson thing with a hypodermic. Anyway, that was the rumor. Nobody ever proved anything.

Dean: Whatever happened to Glockner?

RANDALL: I don't know. I finished my bit and left. Next time I landed back in here, she was gone.

Sam and Dean are sitting at a small table in the dining area.

Sam: Okay, so let's say those stories on Glockner were true.

Dean: It's a thought. In life, she's a vigilante. In death, Same thing.

Sam: Right. But how is she tied in with the old cellblock? And if she's going after cons, why k*ll that one guard?

Dean: I did hear in the yard that that guard wasn't exactly squeaky clean, so maybe she's going after anybody that breaks a law, like me.

Sam: You heard in the yard?

Dean: Yeah.

Sam: Does it bother you at all how easily you seem to fit in here?

Dean: No, not really.

Sam: All right. Either way, we need more info on Glockner. If she's buried – if so, where? And we got five hours to get it. No, no. Don't give me that "we got to see this thing through" look. We are leaving tonight, no matter what.

Dean: I don't want to let Deacon down. We do owe him.

Sam: Yeah, but we don't owe him our lives, Dean.

Dean gets up.

Sam: Where you going?

Dean: I'm gonna go talk with our Lawyer.

CUT TO MARA DANIELS and Dean talking on phone handsets while sitting on opposite sides of a glass window.

MARA DANIELS: You want me to what?

Dean: Her name was Glockner. She worked here as a nurse in the '70s. I need you to find out everything you can about her but, most importantly how she d*ed and where she's buried.

MARA DANIELS: Are you nuts? Do you have any idea the kind of trouble you're in?

Dean: I have a vague notion.

MARA DANIELS: Good. So let's forget about some random nurse and talk about your case.

Dean: Mara – it's Mara, right?

MARA DANIELS: Yeah.

Dean: I get that you're trying to help me, okay? I do, but believe me when I say that this is the best way that you can help.

MARA DANIELS: Really? How? Explain that to me.

Dean: I wish I could, but I can't. I'm just gonna have to ask you to trust me on this.

MARA DANIELS: Why should I? Henriksen says you're a monster.

Dean: I'm a monster? I'm – [laughs]Well, he's wrong, okay? I'm not what they say I am.

MARA DANIELS: Everybody says that.

Dean: Yeah. If you're as smart a P.D. as I think you are, then you can tell with just one look whether or not your clients are guilty, just like that. So I want you to look at me, really look, and you tell me – am I guilty? We're not the bad guys.

Sam is walking across the yard. He sees Dean enter the yard and holds up a hand to catch his attention.

Sam: Did she go for it?

Dean: No. No, not so much. But maybe she'll still come around.

Sam: We can't wait to find out.

Dean: We could give it another day.

Sam: No, no, no. We're leaving tonight, and that's it.

Dean: So we're just gonna let these people die?

Sam: Don't give me that, all right? This was your stupid plan. I went along with it, but we're sticking to the plan.

Dean: Okay. Uh, you leave. I'm gonna stay.

Dean starts to walk away.

Sam: Hey, don't turn away. Don't turn away from me!

Dean: Screw you.

Sam: What?! Screw you!

Sam grabs Dean's shoulder and spins him around. Dean pushes Sam back. A guard grabs Sam and the WARDEN grabs Dean as another guard rushes in.

WARDEN: All right, hard case. I see the usual methods ain't gonna work with you. [to Sam]You too, sweetheart.

A guard takes hold of Dean's arms from behind and the WARDEN grabs the back of Sam's jacket. The guard and WARDEN take Dean and Sam inside.

The guard marches Dean and Sam into a large room, the WARDEN following.

WARDEN: [to guard]Take off. I want to handle this alone.

The guard nods and leaves. The WARDEN steps menacingly close to Dean, then smiles and puts a hand on the side of Dean's neck.

Dean: Deacon, you are b*ating the holy hell out of me, man.

DEACON turns Dean so he can take off his handcuffs.

DEACON: Sorry, Dean. I thought I was going easy on you. [Dean laughs.]Just, uh, trying to make it look real.

Dean: Yeah. Well, mission accomplished.

DEACON takes off Sam's handcuffs.

Sam: Thanks.

DEACON: So, is it over?

Sam: No. Turns out, it wasn't Moody.

DEACON: What?

Sam: Yeah.

DEACON: Then who?

Sam: Uh, we think it's some nurse who used to work here, but we're shy on all the intel we need.

Dean: Which is why we should stick around until we find it.

DEACON: Oh, hey guys.

DEACON takes an envelope out of his jacket pocket.

Sam: You want to have this fight for real, Dean? We got to go.

Dean: I'm just say–

Sam: We've got to go now!

DEACON: Guys.

Sam: We are leaving, Dean. Otherwise, we'll be leaving in shackles for Milwaukee, with Henriksen as company.

Dean: Oh, come on.

DEACON: Guys!

Dean and Sam [simultaneously]: What?! What?!

DEACON: Your Lawyer left this for you.

DEACON holds up the envelope and Dean takes it.

Dean: Would you look at that. Man, I am freaking velvety smooth.

Sam: You want to, maybe, open it up after you're done patting yourself on the back?

Dean: Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Dean opens the envelope and reads.

Dean: Wow.

Sam: What? You want to share with the class, Dean?

Dean: Glockner d*ed in the old cellblock after Moody bit it. Seems they had a little inmate uprising. She got caught in the middle. They dragged her to a solitary cell gave her a severe cerebral edema.

Sam: Someone bashed her head in.

Sam: Does it say where she's buried?

Dean: Yep.

DEACON: All right, then, let's get you the hell out of here.

Dean: Don't worry, Deacon. We'll get rid of this thing.

DEACON removes a vent cover on a wall.

DEACON: Good, 'cause I want it out of my prison.

DEACON walks back over to Dean and Sam.

DEACON: Boys, uh... I can't thank you enough for this. I know it was asking a lot but you still came through. Your daddy raised you right.

Sam: Well, we owed you.

Dean looks at Sam.

DEACON: Yeah.

DEACON pulls Sam into a hug, then does the Same to Dean.

DEACON: Hope to see you again, huh? Just not in here, okay?

Sam: Yeah, we'll do our best.

Dean [simultaneously with what Sam says above]: Right.

Sam and Dean head for the vent, then Dean turns back to DEACON.

Dean: Oh... Where do you want it?

DEACON: What?

Dean smiles.

DEACON: Yeah, um...

DEACON points to his cheek. Dean pulls back his arm to swing a punch. DEACON holds up a hand.

DEACON: Um... Make it look real, son.

Dean punches DEACON.

ACT FOUR

EXT. OUTSIDE GREEN RIVER COUNTY DETENTION CENTER – NIGHT

Dean and Sam climb over railings outside the prison.

Dean: Oh, man, are you a sight for sore eyes.

Dean runs his hand along the Impala. He and Sam open the driver and passenger doors and take off their prison jackets.

Dean: You know, I almost wish I could see Henriksen's face.

Sam: Really? 'Cause I'd be happy if I never saw him again. We're not really out of the woods yet, Dean, you know?

Sam and Dean put on their own jackets over their prison jumpsuits.

An alarm sounds and a red light above one of the prison doors starts to flash.

Dean: Good point.

They get into the Impala and drive away.

INT. GREEN RIVER COUNTY DETENTION CENTER – NIGHT

DEACON is sitting at a table. Henriksen is leaning over the other side of the table and REIDY is standing nearby.

DEACON: I told you. One of them came up behind me.

Henriksen: You let them get the drop on you.

DEACON: Yeah. I screwed up, all right? What do you want me to say?

Henriksen: I want to know where they're headed.

DEACON: How the hell would I know?

Henriksen: Let's start over again.

DEACON: For God's sake.

DEACON stands up. HERIKSEN walks around the table to stand face-to-face with him.

Henriksen: Again. I want to know everything they did today, from the minute they woke up.

DEACON: Got up, breakfast, visiting hours, rec time.

Henriksen: Any visitors?

DEACON: Just their Lawyer.

INT. Little ROCK Police STATION – NIGHT

MARA DANIELS is sitting in Henriksen and REIDY's office.

Henriksen: It's an easy question. What did you and Dean talk about?

MARA DANIELS: I have already told you. It was a private conversation between me and my client.

Henriksen: Right, and three hours later he just happened to bust out. Now, tell me what he said.

EXT. CEMETERY – NIGHT

Sam and Dean are taking shovels and bags out of the trunk of the Impala. They are wearing their normal clothes. They set off across the cemetery.

Sam: We got to move it. If Henriksen gets to the Lawyer...

Dean: I thought she couldn't say anything – you know, that whole Lawyer-client privilege thing.

Sam: The privilege doesn't apply, Dean.

Dean: So she'll talk?

Sam: She has to.

Dean: Oh, that's freaking super.

INT. Little ROCK Police STATION – NIGHT

Henriksen: Let me make this simple. You don't come clean, I will put you on the hook for aiding and abetting.

MARA DANIELS: Oh, that – that is ridiculous.

Henriksen: You don't think that I can? You think this is some kind of game, lady? I am the last person you want to screw with. Now, tell me what he said.

MARA DANIELS: [sighs]He wanted me to do some research. On a prison nurse that d*ed in 1976.

Henriksen: What? Why?

MARA DANIELS: I don't know.

Henriksen: What else?

MARA DANIELS: They wanted to know where she was buried.

Henriksen: Did you find out where?

Henriksen: Did you tell them?

Henriksen: Tell me.

MARA DANIELS: Mountainside Cemetery.

EXT. MOUNTAINSIDE CEMETERY – NIGHT

Four police vehicles drive past the sign for Moutainside Cemetery.

EXT. CEMETERY – NIGHT

Dean is standing over a grave holding a flashlight. The headstone reads "Dolores Glockner 1934 – 1976." Sam is in the grave digging.

Many armed officers and Henriksen get out of the vehicles.

EXT. CEMETERY – NIGHT

Sam reaches the coffin and looks up at Dean.

Sam: Got her.

DEACON is washing his face at a row of sinks. The clock on the wall reads 8:33. The second hand advances two seconds, then stops moving. The lights flicker and DEACON's breath becomes visible. He exhales again and turns around. The GHOST of Nurse Glockner is right in front of him. She opens her mouth wide and yells.

ACT FIVE

The GHOST sends DEACON flying across the room.

The officers, HENRICKSEN and REIDY move quickly through the cemetery.

EXT. CEMETERY – NIGHT

Sam salts Nurse Glockner's corpse and Dean pours on lighter fluid.

The officers, HENRICKSEN and REIDY continue to move through the cemetery.

DEACON is on the floor. He turns over onto his back and the GHOST zooms closer to him. She puts a hand on his chest and he gasps.

EXT. CEMETERY – NIGHT

Dean continues to pour lighter fluid onto the corpse.

The GHOST still has her hand on DEACON's chest. His body is shaking.

GHOST: You let those two go.

EXT. CEMETERY – NIGHT

Sam lights a match.

DEACON's mouth is now wide open and his body jerks.

EXT. CEMETERY – NIGHT

The corpse goes up in flames as Sam and Dean watch.

Dark veins spread across DEACON's face and he groans. The GHOST stands and goes up in flames. DEACON coughs and leans up on an elbow.

EXT. CEMETERY – NIGHT

Sam and Dean watch the corpse burn.

The officers, HENRICKSEN and REIDY are still searching the cemetery.

Henriksen: Are you sure this is the right damn cemetery?

REIDY: She said Mountainside. Mountainside Cemetery.

EXT. GREEN VALLEY CEMETERY – NIGHT

We see the sign of the cemetery Sam and Dean are in: Green Valley Cemetery. They are hurrying back to the Impala.

EXT. BUILDING – NIGHT

MARA DANIELS leaves the building and walks to her car. She is smiling.

HENRICKSEN nods and smiles slightly in frustration.

EXT. GREEN VALLEY CEMETERY – NIGHT

Dean and Sam put their equipment in the trunk of the Impala and walk to the driver's and passenger's doors.

Sam: Thought we were screwed before?

Dean: Yeah, I know. We got to go deep this time.

Sam: "Deep," Dean? We should go to Yemen.

Dean: Ooh, I'm – I'm not sure I'm ready to go that deep.

They get in the Impala and drive away.

END