04x04 - Metamorphosis

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Supernatural". Aired: September 2005 to November 2020.*

Moderators: thehoundandthebird, coco96

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Two brothers follow their father's footsteps as "hunters" fighting evil supernatural beings of many kinds including monsters, demons, and gods that roam the earth.

04x04 - Metamorphosis

Post by bunniefuu »

4.04 Metamorphosis

Air Date: 9 Oct 2008

Teaser

INT. WAREHOUSE - NIGHT

A man, possessed by a demon, sits tied to a chair in the center of a Devil's Trap. Sam is in front of him, interrogating; Ruby stands nearby.

Sam: Where's Lilith?

Man: Kiss my ass.

His eyes goes black. Sam smiles at that comment.

Sam: I'd watch myself if I were you.

Man: Why? Huh? Because you're Sam Winchester, Mr. Big Hero? And yet here you are, slutting around with some demon. Real hero.

Sam: Shut your mouth.

Man: Tell me about those monhs without your brother. About all the things you and this demon bitch do in the dark.

Ruby looks over at Sam.

Man: Huh? Tell me, hero.

Sam can't control his anger and begins to force the demon out of the man, like we saw in "LAZARUS RISING". The demon smoke burns through the floor, and Sam breathes, trying to get himself under control. Ruby looks down on the floor where the demon b*rned through and a little smile plays on her lips. She looks over at Sam, and they exchange a look and Sam gets a little smile as well. We then see Dean in the window behind Sam, witnessing everything Sam just did.

END Teaser

ACT ONE

INT. 425 WATERMAN - NIGHT

The man is unconcious and Sam touches neck to check if he has a pulse, which he does. He smiles up at Ruby.

Ruby: How'd it feel?

Sam: Good. No more headaches.

He begins to untie the man.

Ruby: None? That's good.

The man begins to wake up.

Sam: Hey, hey. I got you. It's all right.

He helps the man out of his chair and begins walking him towards the door, when Dean opens it. Sam stops in his tracks. Dean looks very angry.

Dean: So... Anything you wanna tell me, Sam?

Sam looks innocent and Ruby stands behind him, just watching Dean. Dean walks towards him as he talks.

Sam: Dean, hold on, okay? Just let me-

Dean: You gonna say, "let me explain"? You're gonna explain this? How about this? Why don't you start with who she is, and what the hell is she doing here?

Dean looks at him hard, Sam turns back and looks at Ruby who looks completely calm, and even smiles as she responds to Dean.

Ruby: It's good to see you again, Dean.

Dean: Ruby?

She smiles a little, and Dean looks at Sam.

Dean: Is that Ruby?

Sam doesn't respond and Dean looks over at Ruby again, who's smile is fading. After moment, Dean grabs hold of her and shoves her up against the wall. He pulls out her Kn*fe and as he's about to strike, Sam grabs his hand.

Sam: Don't!

They struggle for the Kn*fe. Sam gets it out of Dean's hand into his own, just as Dean throws him up against the wall. Ruby grabs Dean and pins him up against the wall he had her against seconds earlier.

Sam: Ruby! Stop it!

She just stares into Dean's eyes and she keeps a chokehold with her right hand, and he stares right back, angry. Finally she lets go and he rises up to his full height. He looks over at Sam and then back at Ruby.

Dean: Well, aren't you an obedient little bitch?

She doesn't respond but it's clear, she wants to att*ck him again.

Sam: Ruby.

She stares at Dean for a few more moments, and then looks over at Sam.

Sam: Ruby, he's hurt.

He indicates the man who was possessed earlier.

Sam: Go.

She gives Dean one more look and then turns and walks over to the man, and as Dean watches her, she puts the mans arm over her shoulder, ready to take him out.

Dean: Where the hell do you think you're going?

Ruby: The ER... unless you want to go another round first.

Dean doesn't say anything and she walks out with the man. Dean turns to look at Sam, who's watching him.

Sam: Dean.

Dean walks to the door he came in through, leaving Sam behind.

Sam: Dean!

INT. MOTEL ROOM - DAY

Sam is sitting at the table, reading a book. We hear the Impala pull up outside and Dean enters a few moments later. He doesn't look at Sam, he just walks right into the room. Sam gets out of his chair the minute Dean enters. Dean grabs his bag and begins to pack up his stuff. Sam walks over to him.

Sam: Dean, what are you doing?

Dean just ignores him and continues packing.

Sam: What, are you, are you leaving?

Dean: You don't need me. You and Ruby go fight demons.

Dean grabs his bag and starts for the door. Sam stands in the way so Dean has to go around him.

Sam: Hold on. Dean, come on, man.

Dean turns around and punches him in the face with his right hand. Sam whirles around by the force. Dean just watches him as he turns back around to Dean.

Sam: You satisfied?

Dean hits him again, and then throws his bag on the floor. Sam touches his lip, which is bleeding.

Sam: I guess not.

Dean: Do you even know how far off the reservation you've gone? How far from normal? From human?

Sam: I'm just exorcising demons.

Dean: (yelling)

With your mind!

(calmer)

What else can you do?

Sam: I can send them back to hell. It only works with demons, and that's it.

Dean grabs hold of him and pushes him backwards, walking with the force.

Dean: What else can you do?!

Sam: I told you!

Sam pushes his hand away, and they stop.

Dean: And I have every reason in the world to believe that.

He begins to walk away from Sam.

Sam: Look, I should have said something.

Dean stops, his back still to Sam.

Sam: I'm sorry, Dean. I am. But try to see the other side here.

Dean turns around and faces him.

Dean: The other side?

Sam: I'm pulling demons out of innocent people.

Dean: Use the Kn*fe!

Sam: The Kn*fe kills the victim! What I do, most of them survive! Look, I've saved more people in the last five months than we save in a year.

Dean: That what Ruby want you to think? Huh? Kind of like the way she tricked you into using your powers?

He shakes his head, sad.

Dean: Slippery slope, brother. Just wait and see. Because it's gonna get darker and darker, and God knows where it ends.

Sam: I'm not gonna let it go too far.

Dean smiles at that, walks over to the wall and hits the lamp on the side table, making it crash and fly. Dean looks angry again.

Dean: It's already gone too far, Sam. If I didn't you know... I would wanna hunt you.

Sam's eyes are tearful, and he nods at that, looking down.

Dean: And so would other hunters.

Sam looks up at him.

Sam: You were gone. I was here. I had to keep on fighting without you. And what I'm doing... It works.

Dean: Well, tell me. If it's so terrific... then why'd you lie about it to me?

Sam looks down with that.

Dean: Why did an angel tell me to stop you?

Sam looks up, surprised.

Sam: What?

Dean: Cas said that if I don't stop you, he will. See what that means, Sam? That means that God doesn't want you doing this. So, are you just gonna stand there and tell me everything is all good?

With tearful eyes, they exchange a look and then Sam looks down. The silence is broken by Sam's phone ringing, Dean flinches at the sound. Sam answers it.

Sam: Hello?

He pinches the bridge of his nose, trying to collect himself.

Sam: Hey, Travis. Yeah, hey.

(...)

Uh..

(...)

It's good to hear your voice, too, yeah. Um, look, it's not a really good time right now. It's-

(...)

Yeah, okay. Uh, well, just give me the details, and, uh..

(...)

Carthage, Missouri.

Dean watches Sam as he walks over to the bedside table and writes down the location.

Sam: Looking for Jack Montgomery.

He puts down the pen and ends the phonecall. Breathing deeply, he looks over at Dean.

EXT. MONTGOMERY RESIDENCE - EVENING

SUBTITLE

Carthage, Missouri

The camera moves around a car on the street and zooms in on the front door.

INT. MONTGOMERY RESIDENCE

We open to a closeup on a man, JACK, chewing, the camera focused on his mouth. He's eating fast and stuffing his mouth. The camera pans out and we see he's completely focused on eating. He suddenly looks over at the person next to him, pausing mid-chew. His wife, MICHELLE, is staring at him and not eating.

MICHELLE

Jack, are you stoned?

He answers her with his mouth full.

JACK

What? It's good, I'm starving. Is there- is there dessert?

He looks over at her questioningly while cutting up another bite.

MICHELLE

It just so happens.

Smiling, she gets up and leaves the table. JACK grabs the bowl of mashed potatoes and tilts it over his plate, to get all of it out onto it. He looks over at his wife's plate, where there's still a piece of meat left.

JACK

Hey, babe?

She's almost out of the room when he stops and looks back at him.

MICHELLE

Mhmm?

JACK

Are you gonna finish your steak?

MICHELLE

You're kidding, right? You've had two already.

JACK

I don't know, I'm just... hungry.

He puts his Kn*fe in the middle of her steak and brings it over to his own plate.

MICHELLE

Or you have tapeworm.

JACK

Please. I never felt better.

He goes back to eating.

INT. MONTGOMERY RESIDENCE; BATHROOM

JACK is in the bathroom, getting ready for bed. He's only dressed in his boxers and the camera is angled from behind so we see parts of his back and then his front in the mirror. He starts brushing his teeth. Suddenly we hear a cr*ck and JACK's knees buckles and he grunts with pain, supporting himself on the facet. After few seconds another crunching cr*ck can be heard and he falls lower, hanging on the facet now. We hear the sound again, and we see his spine potrude on his back for a second. He's down on his knees now, still holding on to the facet, screaming of pain. The crunchy sound can be heard a few more times and again we see his spine beneath his skin. JACK pants, and suddenly it seems it stops, and he slowly rises, looking at himself in the mirror. He turns his back to it and moves his right hand to the back, looking at it but there's no sign of what just happened.

EXT. ROAD - NIGHT

The Impala zooms down the road.

INT. Impala - NIGHT

Dean is behind the wheels and it seems they've been driving under silence for a while after Dean has told Sam about what he found out in the past about their mom and family (episode "IN THE BEGINNING").

Sam: I can't believe it. Mom, a hunter?

Dean: I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't seen it myself. That woman could kick some ass. I mean, she almost took me down.

Sam: How'd she look? I mean... was she happy?

Dean: Yeah, she was awesome. Funny and smart. So hopeful.

He looks over at Sam for moment and then back on the road.

Dean: Dad, too. Until of course...

Sam sighs.

Dean: What?

Sam looks out his window.

Sam: Nothing.

After a moment he turns back to Dean.

Sam: It's just, our parents. And now we find out our grandparents too? Our whole family m*rder*d and for what? So Yellow Eyes could get in my nursery and bleed in my mouth?

Dean goes a bit "huh..?" over that last statement, thinking about what he's told Sam about the past. He looks over at Sam.

Dean: Sam, I never said anything about demon blood.

Sam looks guilty.

Dean: You knew about that?

Sam still doesn't look at Dean.

Sam: Yeah, for about a year.

Dean looks out through the window again, eyes on the road.

Dean: A whole year?

Sam: I should have told you. I'm sorry.

Dean: You've been saying that a lot lately, Sam. But whatever. You don't want to tell me, you don't have to. It's fine.

Sam: Dean.

Sam looks over at Dean, who's focusing on the road.

Sam: Whatever.

Sam sighs.

JACK comes down the stairs and heads out into the kitchen. He calls out to his wife.

JACK

Hey, babe. When's dinner?

MICHELLE (V.O)v

45 minutes.

He walks over to the fridge, and opens it, looking for something to eat.

JACK

I'm starving!

MICHELLE (V.O): Jack, a delicious, unmicrowaved, non-takeout, homemade meal is coming.

INT. Impala

We see JACK by the fridge through binoculars. He takes out a beer.

Dean (V.O): Are you sure that's him?

We now see Dean holding the binoculars, looking at the house, watching JACK.

Sam: Only Jack Montgomery in town.

Dean: And we're looking for...

Sam: Travis said to keep an eye out for anything weird.

Dean: Weird?

Sam: Yeah.

Dean: Alright, well, yeah, I've seen big weird, little weird, weird with crazy on top. But this guy? I mean, come on, this guy's boring.

Sam: I don't know, Dean. Travis seemed pretty sure.

He takes up a pair of binoculars of his own.

JACK is leaning on the island in the kitchen, looking thoughtful. He takes another swig of his beer, and then opens the fridge again. He grabs a leftover chicken, and starts eating, not bothering with platers or utensiles. He begins to eat frantically, like he's not gotten food in days. He throws the finished chicken aside and grabs a pack of uncooked meat and opens it up and starts eating the raw meat, throwing looks over his shoulder for his wife.

MICHELLE (V.O): Honey?

JACK stops eating when he hears her voice.

INT. Impala

We see through the binoculars again. We then cut to a pan over the boys, who both watched this foodcraze happen. They're wearing matching disgusted looks on their faces.

Sam: I'd say that qualifies as weird.

END ACT ONE

ACT TWO

INT. MOTELROOM

Dean and Sam comes through the door, and stops as they've just entered, seeing something in their room. A smile comes on Dean's lips.

Sam: Travis.

We see TRAVIS sitting by the table, beer in hand.

Dean: See, Sam. Told you we should have hid the beer.

TRAVIS gets up and with a smile he walks towards the boys as they walk towards him.

TRAVIS

Smartass. Get over here.

He laughs and he and Dean hug.

TRAVIS

Ahh, good to see you.

Dean: You too.

They break and TRAVIS and Sam hug as well.

TRAVIS

Good to see you.

Sam: You too, Travis.

They break.

TRAVIS

Man, you got tall, kid.

They laugh at that comment.

TRAVIS

How long has it been?

Sam: Ah, gotta be 10 years.

TRAVIS

You still a.. oh, what was it... a mathlete?

Sam scoffs a little.

Sam: No.

Dean: Yep, sure is.

TRAVIS

Been too long, boys. I mean, look at you. Grown men. John would have been damn proud of you. Sticking together like this.

Dean: Yeah. Yeah, we're as thick as thieves.

Dean looks at Sam, who's smile is disappearing with Dean's words.

Dean: Nothing more important than family.

TRAVIS walks over to the table, as Dean follows, ignoring Sam.

TRAVIS

Sorry I'm late for the dance.

They sit down at the table, Sam sits down on the bed next to Dean, across from TRAVIS.

TRAVIS

Thanks for helping out an old man. I'm a little, uh, shorthanded.

He indicates his right hand and arm, which is covered in a cast. They laugh at that.

TRAVIS

So, you track down Montgomery?

Sam: Yeah, we found him at his home.

TRAVIS

And?

Dean: Well, he had a hell of a case of the munchies, topped off with a burger he forgot to cook.

TRAVIS

That's him alright.

Dean: What's him?

TRAVIS

Boys, we got a rougarou on our hands.

Dean: A rougarou?

He looks over at Sam for a second.

Dean: Is that made up?

He looks back at TRAVIS before Sam can answer.

Dean: That sounds made up.

TRAVIS

They're mean, nasty little suckers. Rotted teeth, wormy skin, the works.

Dean: Well, that ain't this guy. I mean, he was wearing a cellphone on his belt.

TRAVIS

He'll turn ugly soon enough. They start out human, for all intents and purposes.

Sam: So, what? They go through some kind of metamorphosis?

INT. MONTGOMERY RESIDENCE; KITCHEN

MICHELLE is standing in the kitchen, cutting vegetables.

TRAVIS (V.O): Yep, like a maggot turning into a bull fly.

JACK comes into the kitchen and opens the fridge. There's a new package of meat, which JACK spots right away while he's sniffing the air like a dog. Suddenly MICHELLE cuts her hand, badly. She cries out in pain and JACK turns around. Her hand is bleeding, which JACK notices.

TRAVIS (V.O): But most of all-

INT. MOTELROOM

TRAVIS

-they're hungry.

Dean: Hungry for what?

TRAVIS

At first, for everything, but then... for long pig.

Sam exhales at that, understanding what TRAVIS means. Dean looks confused, not understanding the term "long pig".

Dean: Long pig?

Sam: He means human flesh.

Dean: And that is my word of the day.

TRAVIS

Hunger grows in,-

JACK is frozen in place, watching his wife.

TRAVIS (V.O): -till they can't fight it. Till they got to take themselves a big, juicy chomp, and then it happens.

We see MICHELLE pouring water on her finger, blood running.

INT. MOTELROOM

Sam: What happens?

TRAVIS

They transform completely and fast.

MICHELLE turns the water off and grabs a dishtowel next to her on the counter.

MICHELLE

I think I need stitches.

JACK is sweaty but he doesn't move.

JACK

I got to go.

MICHELLE

What?

JACK

I got to get out of here.

He hurries out of the kitchen. MICHELLE calls after him, confused.

MICHELLE

Where are you going? Jack?

We hear the front door open and close as JACK runs out.

INT. MOTELROOM

TRAVIS

One bite's all it takes. Eyes, teeth, skin; all turns. No going back either. They feed once, they're a monster forever. And our man Jack's headed there on a b*llet train.

Dean: Well, how'd you find this guy if he's a walking, talking human?

TRAVIS

Lets just say it runs in his family.

Sam: You mean, uh...

TRAVIS

k*lled his daddy back in '78. Son of a bitch m*nled 8 bodies before I put him down. Guy used to be a dentist. Cadillac, trophy wife... Little did I know, pregnant trophy wife. She put the boy up for adoption. By the time I found out, he was long gone, lost in the system.

Sam: You mean to tell me you couldn't find someone?

TRAVIS sighs.

TRAVIS

I'm not sure I wanted to. The idea of hunting down some poor kid... I don't think I'd have the heart. No. I wanted to wait, make damn sure I had the right man. Apparently, I do.

He takes a swig of the beer.

INT. BAR

JACK is sitting by the bar and he grabs a handfull och peanuts and shoves them in his mouth, staring in front of him. He's sweaty and doesn't look all that great. We get a flash of bloodstream in a body, MICHELLE's cut finger, the bloodstream again, MICHELLE's finger and then JACK's eye, mouth and other eye. We see the bloodstream and MICHELLE's finger again, and then JACK shoving another handfull of peanuts in his mouth, chewing frantically. He downs his full glas of whiskey (?) in one gulp.

JACK

One more, please.

He puts down the glass. The bartender comes over and refills it.

JACK

Can I get some more peanuts?

JACK grabs the glass to drink again but notices something in the mirror behind the bar. He brings the glass down again and we now get a sh*t of the mirror, where JACK is staring at himself. He's breathing deeply, like he's been running.

Man: Come on. What are you drinking? It's my treat.

JACK looks over to his right where a beautiful woman is sitting by the bar and a not so beautiful man is crowding her, doing a very lousy job at hitting at her. She looks very uncomfortable.

Woman: No, thank you.

Man: Oh, don't be like that. Have a drink with me.

Woman: I'm waiting for someone.

Man: Okay, well uh, where is he?

JACK

Hey, douche bag.

The Man and the Woman looks over at JACK.

JACK

She doesn't want to talk to you.

Man: I'm sorry. I didn't hear you.

JACK gets of his chair and begins walking towards them.

JACK

I said... She doesn't want to talk to you.

The Man walks around the Woman to meet JACK. The Woman looks even more uncomfortable.

JACK

You fat... sweaty... d*ck.

He stops right in front of the man, and they stand face to face.

JACK

Now leave her alone.

Man: You uh.. seriously wanna do this, guy?

JACK

You know, I really think I do.

The Man brings up his right fist and goes to punch JACK but JACK catches his fist in his hand and squeezes it so we can hear bones crunching in the Man's hand. The Man screams with pain and the Woman screams out of fear. JACK suddenly snaps out of it and releases the Man's hand and runs away.

END ACT TWO
ACT THREE

INT. MOTELROOM

Dean and TRAVIS is by the table, fixing gas cans (looks like tiny fire-extinguishers) for use.

Dean: So fire, huh?

TRAVIS

The only way I found to k*ll these bastards; deep-fry 'em.

Dean: Well, that's gonna be... horrible. Is that what you did to Jack's dad?

TRAVIS

Uh-huh.

Sam comes into the room from outside, papers in hand.

Sam: Not wasting any time, are you?

TRAVIS

None to waste. The guy hulks out, we won't be finding bodies, just remains.

Sam sits down on the bed next to the table.

Sam: What if he doesn't hulk out? I did a little homework. Uh, I've been checking out the lore on rougarous.

TRAVIS

What? My 30 years of experience not good enough for you?

Sam: What? No. No, I-I- I just wanted to be prepared. I mean, not that you didn't..

Dean: Sam loves research. He does. He keeps it under his mattress right next to his KY. It's a sickness.

He looks over at Sam: Dean: It is.

Sam: Look, everything you said checked out, of course, but uh. I found a couple of interesting stories about people who have this rougarou gene or whatever. See, they start to turn, but they never take the final step.

Dean: Really?

Sam: See, if they never eat human flesh, they don't fully transform.

Dean: So what? Go vegan, stay human?

Sam: Basically. Or in this case, eat a lot of raw meat, just not...

Dean: Long pig.

Sam: Right.

Dean smiles a little, TRAVIS is just sitting next to him, having watched and listened to Sam about this under silence.

TRAVIS

Good on you for the due diligence, Sam.

He gets up.

TRAVIS

But those are fairy tales.

He walks over to the little pantry and pours himself another cup of coffee.

TRAVIS

Fact is, every rougarou I ever saw or heard of... took that bite.

Sam stands up while speaking.

Sam: Okay, well, that doesn't mean that Jack will.

Dean watches Sam rise and then stands up himself.

TRAVIS

So what do we do? Sit and hope and wait for a body count?

Sam: No, we talk to him. Explain what's happening. That way he can fight it.

TRAVIS

Fight it?

He laughs

TRAVIS

Are you kidding me? You ever been really hungry?

This gets Dean's attention, who's been looking at the papers Sam brought with him.

TRAVIS

I mean, haven't-eaten-in-days hungry?

Dean: Yeah.

TRAVIS

Yeah. Right then. So somebody slaps a big, juicy sirloin in front of you, you walking away?

Dean looks thoughtfull for a second and then admits "no" without words, only raising of eyebrows. He slowly looks over at Sam.

TRAVIS

That's what we are to him now, meat on legs. I'm sorry. I'm sure he's a stand-up guy, but it's pure, base instinct. Everything in nature's gotta eat. You think he can stop himself 'cause he's nice?

When Sam responds he sounds firm and very serious.

Sam: I don't know. But we're not gonna k*ll him unless he does something to get k*lled for.

Dean looks over at him at that. Sam takes a few breaths and then walks out of the room. TRAVIS looks over at Dean, a bit puzzled by Sam's reaction.

TRAVIS

What's up with your brother?

Dean looks at the door and then TRAVIS.

Dean: Don't get me started.

He turns to sit down again.

INT. MONTGOMERY RESIDENCE - DAY

MICHELLE is in the kitchen in her nightgown, pouring tea. Her finger is bandaged. When she turns around, JACK is standing just behind her and he scares her by his sudden appearance.

MICHELLE

God. You scared me.

JACK

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sneak up on you. How are you feeling?

MICHELLE puts down the mug with tea, and looks very annoyed and angry.

MICHELLE

I'm feeling pissed, Jack.

She walks away from him, but stays in the kitchen. She turns back around to him.

MICHELLE

I had to drive myself to the hospital last night. I was there until 2.

JACK

I'm so sorry.

MICHELLE

What happened?

JACK

I don't know. I saw your blood and I-I... got dizzy, and I just had to get out.

MICHELLE

Well, you could have called. I left you a dozen messages.

JACK

I know. My phone d*ed. I couldn't find a payphone. I... it was a mess. But I am... sorry.

MICHELLE's anger has melted somewhat.

JACK

And I promise it won't ever happen again. Certainly. Not to a wife as stunning as you.

He walks up to her, smiling. She melts with that and they make up.

MICHELLE

Better not. I swear, you know. One little cut.

JACK kisses her bandaged finger.

MICHELLE

Blood's never bothered you before.

JACK

Well... I've changed.

They kiss.

MICHELLE

This doesn't get you off the hook, you know.

JACK smiles.

MICHELLE

No, no. Think, think diamonds. Think Kobe-sized.

JACK

Mhm.

They kiss again. JACK lifts her up on the counter and they kiss again and then he begins to kiss her neck.

MICHELLE

What has gotten into you?

JACK

I don't know.

He pushes away her hair and kisses her neck. MICHELLE laughs but then JACK becomes more and more rough, and MICHELLE becomes a bit unsettled. JACK pulls away from her neck.

MICHELLE

Hey, Jack. Just slow down.

JACK doesn't respond, he just grabs her by the back of her head and kisses her hard again.

MICHELLE

Jack.

JACK goes for her neck and throat again.

MICHELLE

Jack, I mean it. Stop.

He pulls up her nightgown, and MICHELLE tries to stop him.

MICHELLE

Jack.

He slams her against the cupboard, but doesn't leave her neck.

MICHELLE

Ow! Jack! Stop! Stop it!

She pushes him away.

MICHELLE

Stop it!

She jumps down from the counter. JACK looks almost stunned at what he's just done.

MICHELLE

You son of a bitch.

JACK

I'm sorry.

MICHELLE

What the hell is wrong with you?

JACK

I don't know. I don't know.

He leaves the kitchen.

EXT. Impala - DAY

The boys are driving down a road, Dean is behind the wheel as per usual.

Dean (V.O): All right, so we're gonna go have a little chat with this guy-

INT. Impala

Dean: -which, you know... I'm down.

Sam is just sitting quietly next to him, staring out the front windshield with a serious look on his face.

Dean: But I just want to make sure, if push comes, you're gonna shove.

He looks over at Sam, who finally turns to him.

Sam: Meaning?

Dean: Well, odds are we're gonna have to burn this guy alive.

Sam: This guy has a name and a wife.

Dean: Yeah, who we're probably gonna make a widow, okay? I mean, you heard Travis. He's gonna turn. They always turn.

Sam: Well, maybe he won't. Maybe he can fight it off.

Dean: And maybe he can't, that's all I'm saying.

Sam: All right, we'll just have to see then, okay?

Dean: This is what I mean, Sam. You sure your emotions aren't getting in the way here?

Sam looks at him with a confused look.

Sam: What are you talking about?

Dean: You know, nice dude, but he's got something evil inside. Something in his blood. Maybe you can relate.

Dean looks over at him, but Sam doesn't respond with a look of his own. He looks pretty angry though.

Sam: Stop the car.

Dean: What?

Sam: Stop the car or I will!

They share a look.

EXT. Impala

Dean drives to the side of the road, but before the car has completely slowed to a stop Sam has already opened his door and is getting out. As Dean opens his door, Sam slams his own shut and turns around to him, angry.

Sam: You want to know why I've been lying to you, Dean? Because of crap like this.

They start to walk around the front of the car.

Dean: Like what?

Sam: The way you talk to me, the way you look at me like I'm a freak!

Sam walks past Dean, and then turns around to him, now completely pissed off.

Dean: I do not.

Sam: You know, or even worse, like I'm an idiot!

He walks up to Dean, and almost gets in his face.

Sam: Like I don't know the difference between right and wrong!

He steps back, turns his back to Dean and walks a few steps. He then stops, hands on hips, back still to Dean, who's watching him. When Sam finally turns around, Dean looks down.

Sam: What?

Dean looks up at him again, and now he sounds a bit angry.

Dean: Do you know the difference, Sam? I mean, you've been kind of strolling a dark road lately.

Sam: You have no idea what I'm going through. None.

Dean: Then enlighten me!

Sam: I've got demon blood in me, Dean! This disease pumping through my veins, and I can't ever rip it out or scrub it clean! I'm a whole new level of freak! And I'm just trying to take this - this curse... and make something good out of it. Because I have to.

Dean looks at him for a few moments, as Sam looks down on the ground. After a while, Dean finally says something in a calm voice.

Dean: Let's just go talk to the guy.

Sam scoffs.

Dean: I mean Jack. Okay?

After a moment, Sam gives a small, almost non-existant, nod, but he doesn't look at Dean.

EXT. MONTGOMERY RESIDENCE; GARDEN

JACK is standing the garden with the hose in his hand, watering plants. Suddenly Sam and Dean emerge through the backdoor to the garden behind JACK. As they walk over to him, the camera moves around in front of JACK and he seems completely spaced out, just holding the hose, and staring into nothing.

Sam: Jack Montgomery?

JACK doesn't turn right away, take a moment, and then he just looks around, over at the boys.

Sam: I'm Sam Winchester. This is my brother; Dean.

JACK turns around and looks at them as they walk up to him.

Sam: We need to talk.

JACK looks at him and then at Dean, who looks around a bit. JACK looks back at Sam.

JACK

About?

Sam: About you. About how you're changing.

JACK

Excuse me?

Dean: You're probably feeling your bones move under your skin. And your appetite's reaching, you know, "hungry hungry hippo" levels. How am I doing so far?

JACK

Who the hell are you guys?

Dean: We're people who know a little something about something.

Sam: We're people who can help. Please, just hear us out.

CUT TO: LATER

JACK

A-a what?

Dean: A rougarou. Sounds made-up, I know, but believe me, it's not.

JACK

Alright, I've noticed certain things. I mean, some strange things. But I just, I-I don't know. I'm.. I'm sick or something.

Sam: Your father was one of these things.

JACK turns around to Sam at that.

Sam: Your real father. He passed it on to you.

JACK

No. Are-are you guys listening to yourselves? You s-sound like you're-

Dean: Skip the whole "you guys sound crazy", shall we? You're hungry, Jack. You're only gonna get hungrier.

JACK

Hungrier for?

Dean: Long pig. You know, a little manburger helper, may have crossed your mind already.

JACK

No.

Sam: It doesn't have to be like this, Jack. You can fight it off.

JACK

No.

Sam: Others have.

Dean: We're not gonna lie to you, though. It's not gonna be easy. You're gonna feel like an alcoholic swimming around in whiskey. But I'm telling you. You gotta say no... or-

JACK

Or what?

Sam: You feed once, and it's all over. And then we'll have to stop you.

JACK

Stop me? My dad, did uh, somebody stop him?

Sam: Yes.

JACK

Get off my property right now. I see you guys again, I'm calling the cops.

Sam: Jack, your wife, everybody you know, they're in danger.

JACK

Now!

JACK's neighbour, who's cutting a bush, looks over at them when JACK raises his voice. Sam sighs and they begin to walk away.

Dean: Good talk.

JACK watches them leave.

EXT. BENCH - NIGHT

JACK is sitting on a bench, listening to a message from MICHELLE on his cellphone.

MICHELLE (V.O): Jack, I don't know where you are but you're scaring me. Come home. We need to talk. Please?

The mailbox beeps and JACK lowers his phone, closing it. He then looks up at the building across the street from him where a woman is undressing. He watches her for a bit and when she closes her drapes he slowly stands and with his eyes fixed on her window, he crosses the street. As he walks out of the camera sh*t, we see Sam and Dean parked in the Impala, watching him.

INT. Impala

Sam turns around to the backseat as we see JACK running across the street, to the woman's building.

Sam: Damn it. Jack. No.

He pulls up the flamethrower and exists the car. Dean grabs a flamethrower as well and gets out the car too.

Dean: Come on.

EXT. BUILDING

JACK is climbing the fire-escape, heading for the woman's window. The boys run up to the building, looking up at JACK. They head for the stairs to the entrance and hurries in. JACK has reached the woman's floor, and we can hear a heartbeat as JACK watches the woman walk around in the appartment. He's breathing shallow breathes. His head is twitching a bit unhuman. The woman removes her bra with her back to JACK, and then puts on a t-shirt. She turns off the light and we see JACK reflected in the window, and he does too, seeing his bloodshot eyes.

JACK

No. No.

He moves away.

INT. APARTMENT

Sam and Dean kick down the door and hurry through it, flamethrowers at the ready. They meet the woman, who's just coming out of her bedroom and they scare the living hell out of her with that entrance. She screams and backs into her bedroom.

Dean: Wait!

She slams her door. Dean and Sam is still standing by the front door, looking a bit confused.

Dean: Whoa, uh, we're here to save you, I guess.

Sam looks around, and we hear the woman locking her bedroomdoor.

Woman (through door)

I'm calling the police!

Sam: We should go.

Dean: Yeah.

They hurry out, Dean turns around and closes the door with a little embarassed laugh. The frame of the door, where the lock is, is completely broken.

JACK comes in through the front door, looking up at the top of the stairs. He walks over to the foot of them, and smiles a little, and calls out to his wife.

JACK

Michelle! I'm home!

She doesn't respond, and the only thing we hear is the ticking of an old clock.

JACK

Hey, babe?!

He starts walking towards the living room.

JACK

Are you here?

We suddenly hear a muffled sound and heavy breathing. JACK stops and we see MICHELLE sitting tied to a chair, with a gag. She begins to move in the chair, screaming to him through her muzzle.

JACK

Michelle.

Suddenly an arm comes around JACK's neck and a piece of cloth is put over his nose and mouth.

END ACT THREE

ACT FOUR

JACK is handcuffed to a pillar, and out cold. He finally wakes up and discovers he's bound. He rattles the handcuffs a few times, trying to get loose. He looks up and sees MICHELLE, still bound and gagged, sitting next to him.

JACK

Michelle?

TRAVIS walks up in front of her, and stands in front of JACK.

JACK

Okay. We're gonna stay calm. We're gonna give this man whatever he wants.

TRAVIS looks down with those words, knowing what it is he's come for, and he's sad because of it.

JACK

Anything. Just take it and go, please.

TRAVIS

I'm sorry about this, Jack.

He walks over to MICHELLE who's very scared.

TRAVIS

I truly am.

He begins to untie the gag.

TRAVIS

It's not the way that I wanted it to go.

JACK

Who are you?

TRAVIS

You already met some friends of mine.

He walks over to JACK.

TRAVIS

Two brothers?

JACK

They said that if I...

He looks over at his wife, who's shaking. She looks back at him.

JACK

Look, I haven't hurt anybody.

TRAVIS

Not yet, but you would've.

JACK shakes his head.

TRAVIS

They always do. I'm doing you a favor, son.

MICHELLE

Jack, what's he talking about?

JACK looks at her but doesn't say anything. TRAVIS takes a few steps closer to JACK.

TRAVIS

Tell her, Jack. Tell her the truth. She deserves to know.

JACK shakes his head again, and MICHELLE looks from TRAVIS to JACK.

JACK

Just let her go. She's not a part of this.

MICHELLE

A part of what?

MICHELLE is no longer crying or shaking. She's just confused over this. JACK looks over at her.

MICHELLE

Jack?!

TRAVIS

I really do apologize, but she is a part of it.

JACK

What?

TRAVIS looks over at MICHELLE.

TRAVIS

Michelle... tell him what you told me when I got here.

MICHELLE stares at TRAVIS, tears in her eyes. JACK is looking over at her, confused.

JACK

Michelle?

MICHELLE looks over at JACK.

MICHELLE

I said... "Don't hurt me... because I'm pregnant".

Her voice breaks with the last word and she begins to cry. TRAVIS looks over at JACK, who turns his eyes back to him as well.

JACK

J-just hold on a minute.

TRAVIS

Now you see the mess we're in? I can't make this mistake all over again. I won't be around in 30 years, this has got to end now. I know you don't believe me, but I'd give anything not to have to do this.

JACK begins to shake his head, pleading.

JACK

No. No. No..

JACK tries to move forward but is stopped by the cuffs. He looks back towards them as MICHELLE looks over at him, scared. As TRAVIS begins to take out his weapons, JACK rattles the handcuffs. TRAVIS takes out a can of gas, which MICHELLE sees and becomes desperate.

MICHELLE

Oh God! Please don't!

JACK

You don't have to do this!

JACK begins to pour out gas.

JACK

If you want to k*ll me, k*ll me, but not my wife. Okay? I'm begging you.

TRAVIS

Ain't got no choice. My condolences.

TRAVIS walks around with the can, emptying it. Desperate, JACK begins to pull on his handcuffs again.

MICHELLE

Jack.

Suddenly we get a flash of blood pumping in veins again, like we saw in the bar, and JACK's eyes becomes bloodshot. He continues to struggle and we get a sh*t of JACK and MICHELLE kissing, and then blood moving in veins again. A few more of those flashes and then of his reflection in the woman's window earlier. Finally, JACK breaks the chain between the cuffs and he's free. He jumps on TRAVIS right away, pushing him to the floor. Sitting on top of him, JACK begins to hit TRAVIS. TRAVIS hits back after two hooks from JACK, and JACK falls to the floor. TRAVIS moves over and sits over him, hitting him hard of the chest with his arm in a cast, while MICHELLE watches in terror.

MICHELLE

Jack!

TRAVIS hits him again and then when he goes for a third hit, JACK captures his arm and breaks the cast. TRAVIS screams out in pain. JACK throws him to the floor and then gets on top of him, moving his arms away. We hear a heavy heartbeat and JACK's eyes are completely bloodshot now. He holds TRAVIS in a choke hold with one hand and then rips away TRAVIS's shirt with the other, exposing his shoulder and neck. JACK watches as the blood pumps beneath the surface of TRAVIS's throat and then he goes in for the k*ll, biting down. TRAVIS screams out in pain and JACK rips a part of his throat away with his teeth and sits up again, and chews on the piece of skin. TRAVIS bleeds out quickly, leaving a big pool of blood underneath him. JACK just chews away on the piece he just ripped from TRAVIS. The camera focuses on MICHELLE who watches all this, in shock. JACK goes in for another bite, and TRAVIS dies. We see as JACK is taking the second bite, how his face is changing, becoming ugly and contorted. MICHELLE just stares, in shock and terror. Suddenly JACK whips around and looks at her, his face compeltely covered in TRAVIS's blood. He turns around and then stands up. He walks over to MICHELLE, who's scared and crying now, and he squats down next to her. He frees her and she jumps out of the chair quickly and moves away from him.

MICHELLE

Stay away from me!

JACK sobs out her name.

JACK

Michelle.

MICHELLE bolts for the door and runs out.

EXT. MONTGOMERY RESIDENCE

MICHELLE runs over to her car, keys in hand, and pulls open the door to the drivers side. She gets in and drives off quickly, tires almost screaming.

JACK is standing in the Same spot where MICHELLE left him, breathing heavily with sadness. Slowly the monster takes over though as his eyes falls on TRAVIS's body. He walks slowly over to him.

EXT. MONTGOMERY RESIDENCE

The boys pulls up in front of the house, and we see a car on the otherside of the street. They slowly gets out, flamethrowers in hand. Dean walks around the Impala to Sam.

Dean: I guess now we know where Travis is.

They start walking towards the house.

Sam: That stupid son of a bitch.

Dean looks over at Sam by that comment. They reach the porchsteps.

The frontdoor slowly opens and Dean comes in first, eyes on the stairs. As he moves in, Sam follows and we get a sh*t of the livingroom. The chair MICHELLE was tied to before has fallen to the floor. Neither TRAVIS's body or JACK can be seen. The camera moves down to the floor where TRAVIS bleed out and we see a big bloodpool soaked up by the carpet. Dean and Sam stop by the entrance to the livingroom when they see that. A bloodtrail from the pool to behind the couch can be seen, from where JACK as dragged TRAVIS behind it. The boys share a look.

CUT TO: FLOOR BEHIND THE COUCH

We see a piece of meat on the floor, as Sam walks over to it, closely followed by Dean. They stop by it and looks down.

Dean: Oh, God. Think that's Travis?

Sam sighs.

Sam: What's left of him.

Dean looks at him. Sam looks defeated.

Sam: Guess you were right about Jack.

Before Dean can respond he's suddenly pushed forward and JACK jumps him from behind.

Sam: Dean!

They slam down on the coffee table, knocking out Dean. Sam quickly moves around them and pulls up his flamethrower and puts up his lighter in front of it, to light it. JACK turns around to him and jumps him before he can get a flame. They slam to the floor, Sam hits the back of his head. Before Sam has a chance to do anything, JACK grabs the flamethrower and slams it into Sam's face, effectivly knocking him out.

Sam is on the floor of the closet, knocked out. As the camera closes in on him, he slowly wakes up. After a second he remembers where he is and he gets up and goes for the doorhandle, but it's locked.

Sam: Dean?

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK

Dean can't come to the phone right now.

INT. CLOSET

Sam slams his hand against the door twice, angry.

Sam: Jack! If you hurt him, I swear to God!

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK

Calm down!

The camera cuts to a wider sh*t and we see Dean is still lying on the coffee table, knocked out and JACK is sitting by his feet.

JACK

Your brother's alive.

INT. CLOSET

Sam relaxes a bit with that news and rests his head against the door, panting.

JACK (V.O): But not if you-

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK

-don't calm down.

INT. CLOSET

Sam is completely calm now.

Sam: Alright, Jack. Listen. Open the door. We can figure this out, okay?

JACK laughs at that.

JACK (V.O): We'll have ourselves a little-

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK

-brainstorming session.

He's close to tears out of desperation.

Sam (V.O): Jack.

INT. CLOSET

Sam: Please.

JACK (V.O): I don't think so.

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK

After what you did?

INT. CLOSET

Sam is confused by that.

Sam: What? What are you talking about?

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK

You send your friend here. He tried to burn my-

INT. CLOSET

JACK

-wife alive.

Sam: What? Why?

Sam is going through his pockets.

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK realizes they don't know, so he lies.

JACK

He didn't say.

INT. CLOSET

Sam looks around and sees a metal hanger. He grabs it.

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK

I guess psychopaths don't have to explain themselves.

He looks over at Dean and slowly begins to move along his body.

Sam (V.O): Listen to me. You gotta believe me.

INT. CLOSET

Sam: My brother and I, we never would have hurt her, okay?

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK comes up by Dean's face, who's still knocked out. With a shaking hand, JACK reaches out and dips his fingers in the little pool of blood that has formed by Dean's head. He turns his hand over, looking at the blood on his finger. He then sucks it off, enjoying the taste. He begins to rock back and forth.

JACK

Oh, God. I'm so hungry.

INT. CLOSET

Sam has used the metalwired hanger and re-formed it so he can pick the lock.

Sam: Jack, don't do this.

He bends down and goes for the lock.

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK turns towards the closetdoor.

JACK

I can't ever see my family again.

INT. CLOSET

Sam works the lock.

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK turns back to Dean.

JACK

You two... your friend. You made me into this!

INT. CLOSET

Sam is still working on the lock.

Sam: No one's making you k*ll us.

The lock won't agree with him and he takes down his hands for a moment.

Sam: Listen to me.

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK is looking up at the ceiling and then he looks down again as Sam speaks.

Sam (V.O): You got this dark pit inside you. I know.

INT. CLOSET

Sam is leaning against the door again, with his eyes closed.

Sam: Believe me, I know.

He opens his eyes.

Sam: But that doesn't mean you have to fall into it. You don't have to be a monster.

He begins to work on the lock again.

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK laughs at that.

JACK

Have you seen me lately?

Sam (V.O): It doesn't matter what you are.

INT. CLOSET

Sam: It only matters what you do. It's your choice.

INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK sits still for a moment and then he grunts in pain. Then he begins to move up to Dean's head again, with his mouth open, looking like he's slowly going down the road of eating Dean. Dean slowly begins to wake up now. JACK puts a hand on his shoulder, eyes completely fixed upon Dean. We suddenly hear a door slam open.

Sam: Jack!

JACK whips around towards the closetdoor, and we see Sam standing there, flamethrower and lighter in hands, ready. JACK sits still for a moment, like he decides something, while Sam is only watching him. Then he lunges for Sam and as Dean slowly lifts his head and is slowly turning it around over his shoulder we hear Sam flip the lighter and the flamethrower goes off. Dean turns his head back around, to shield it. And then he turns back and watches while Sam burns JACK alive. JACK finally falls to the floor, in flames. Dean looks over at Sam, who's sad by this outcome. Defeated even.

END ACT FOUR

ACT FIVE

EXT. Impala - NIGHT

The Impala comes down a road, fast.

INT. Impala

They're driving under silence, Dean behind the wheels. He looks over at Sam who's just staring out the window. Dean turns back to the road.

Dean: You did the right thing, you know. That guy was a monster, there was no going back.

Sam doesn't respond, he only lowers his head.

Dean: Sam, I wanna tell you I'm sorry. I've been kind of hard on you lately.

Sam lifts his head again, looking out, and he looks so broken.

Sam: Don't worry about it, Dean.

Dean: It's just that your, uh, your psychic thing, it scares the crap out of me.

Sam: Look, if it's all the Same... I'd really rather not talk about it.

He looks over at Dean. Dean looks back at him and a little smile plays on his lips.

Dean: Wait a minute. What? You don't want to talk? You?

Sam doesn't reply to the smile or joke.

Sam: There's nothing more to say. I can't keep explaining myself to you. I can't make you understand.

Dean: Why don't you try?

Sam: I can't. Because this thing, this blood, it's not in you the way it's in me. It's just something I got to deal with.

Dean: Not alone.

Sam sighs and looks out through the passengerwindow and we see him reflected in it. He's silent for a while.

Sam: Anyway, it doesn't matter. These powers... it's playing with fire. I'm done with them.

Dean looks over at him.

Sam: I'm done with everything.

Dean: Really?

Sam continues to look out his window and Dean turns back to the road.

Dean: Well, that's a relief. Thank you.

Sam turns around to him and scoffs a little.

Sam: Don't thank me. I'm not doing it for you. Or for the angels or for anybody. This is my choice.

END EPISODE