04x06 - Yellow Fever

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Supernatural". Aired: September 2005 to November 2020.*

Moderators: thehoundandthebird, coco96, MHS

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Two brothers follow their father's footsteps as "hunters" fighting evil supernatural beings of many kinds including monsters, demons, and gods that roam the earth.

04x06 - Yellow Fever

Post by bunniefuu »

4.06 Yellow Fever

Air Date: 23 Oct 2008

Teaser

EXT. ROAD – NIGHT

Dean is seen running on the road, hearing growling and barking noises behind him. He turns around a corner, runs into a shopping cart and falls to the ground. He sees a homeless man rummaging through a garbage bin.

Dean: Run! It'll k*ll you! (pointing)

Camera pans away from Dean to the homeless man, then to a pink-ribboned Yorkie. Dean starts running while shouting at the Same time.

END Teaser

ACT ONE

43 HOURS EARLIER

INT. MORGUE – DAY

Coroner opens a body bag.

CORONER

Agent Tyler, Agent Perry, meet Frank O'Brien.

Sam: He d*ed of a heart att*ck, right?

CORONER

Three days ago.

Sam: But O'Brien was 44 years old and, according to this ­ a marathon runner.

CORONER

Everybody drops dead sooner or later. It's why I got job security.

Dean: Yeah, but Frank kicked it here. Now, just yesterday, two perfectly healthy men bit it in Maumee. All heart att*cks, you don't think that's strange?

CORONER

Sounds like Maumee's problem to me. Why's the FBI give a damn, anyway?

Dean: We just want to see the results of Frank's autopsy.

CORONER

What autopsy?

Dean: The one you're gonna do.

Coroner cuts open the dead body.

CORONER

First dead body?

Dean: Far from it.

CORONER

Oh, good. Because these suckers can get pretty ripe. Hey, hand me those

rib cutters, would you?

Sam takes a fortifying breath while Dean picks up the cutters and hands it to the Coroner. Coroner cuts the ribs open while Sam keeps himself from squirming.

Dean: Is that from a wedding ring? I didn't think Frank was married.

CORONER

Ain't my department.

Sam: Any idea how he got these? (picks up Frank's arm which is full of scratches)

CORONER

You know what? When you drop dead, you actually tend to drop. Body probably got scraped up when it hit the ground. Huh!

Sam: What?

CORONER

I-I can't find any blockages in any of the major arteries.

Coroner breaks off the heart while Dean tries not to vomit.

CORONER

Heart looks pretty damn healthy. (Hands heart to Dean) Hold that a second, would you? (Sam smirks on the side)

Coroner cuts something else in the body.

CORONER

(Hits Sam's face with blood) Oh, sorry. Spleen juice. (Dean smirks)

INT. Sheriff's STATION – DAY

Sam & Dean sitting down in front of Deputy's desk, waiting. Deputy smiles at Dean. Sheriff opens his office door.

Sheriff: Hell's bells, Linus, have you seen my... Who are they? (Sam & Dean stands)

Deputy LINUS

Federal agents. I, uh...

Sheriff: And you kept them waiting?

Deputy LINUS

You, you said not to disturb.

Sheriff: Come on back, fellas.

Sam & Dean walk over to Sheriff's office but Sheriff stops them.

Sheriff: Shoes off.

Sam & Dean take their shoes off and walk into Sheriff's office.

Sheriff BRITTON

Al Britton. Good to meet you. (shakes Dean & Sam's hands)

Sam: You too.

Sheriff gestures for Sam & Dean to sit down.

Sam: Thank you.

Sheriff takes out alcohol gel and start slathering his hands. Dean looks at Sam with a weird look on his face.

Sheriff BRITTON

Okay. So, what can I do for uncle Sam?

Sam: Well, we're looking into the death of Frank O'Brien. We understand some of

your men found his body.

Sheriff BRITTON

They did. Me and Frank, we were friends. Hell, we were gamecocks.

Dean snickers. Sheriff gives him a stern look. Dean looks abashed.

Sheriff BRITTON

That's our softball team's name. (Dean nods) They're majestic animals. I knew Frank since high school. To be honest, I just this morning got up the strength to go see him. Frank was...He was a good man.

Dean: Yeah. Big heart.

Sam: Before he d*ed, did you notice frank acting strange? Maybe scared of something?

Sheriff BRITTON

Oh hell, yeah. Real jumpy.

Sam: You know what scared him?

Sheriff BRITTON

No. Wouldn't answer his phone. Finally, I sent some of my boys over to check on him, and well, you know the rest.

Sheriff starts and pours alcohol gel on his hands again. Dean looks at Sam with a what "WTF?" look on his face.

Sheriff BRITTON

(Slathering gel on his hands) So, why the Feds give a crap? You don't really think there's a case here?

Dean: (Looks at Sam) No, no. It's probably nothing. Just a heart att*ck.

EXT. Sam & Dean WALKING - DAY

Dean: No way that was a heart att*ck.

Sam: Definitely no way. Three victims, all with those Same red scratches. All went from jittery to terrified to dead within 48 hours.

Dean: Something scared them to death?

Sam: All right, so what can do that?

Dean: What can't? Ghosts, vampires, chupacabra? It could be a hundred things.

Sam: Yeah. So, we make a list and start crossing things off.

Dean: Alright, who's the last person to see Frank O'Brien alive?

Sam: Uh, his neighbour, Mark Hutchins.

Dean: (Seeing something ahead) Hang on, hang on.

Sam: What?

Dean: (Facing Sam) I don't like the looks of those teenagers down there. (Sam looks around, sees teenagers talking near the Impala)

Dean: Let's walk this way. (Crosses street while Sam stands with a perplexed look on his face)

INT. NEIGHBOUR's HOUSE - DAY

Mark HUTCHINS

Tyler and Perry. Just like Aerosmith.

Dean is looking around the room.

Sam: Yeah, small world. So, the last time you saw Frank O'Brien? (Dean sees a big lizard and suddenly faces forward, swallowing)

Mark HUTCHINS

Monday, he was watching me from his window. I waved at him, but he just closed the curtains.

Sam: Hmm. did you speak to him recently? Did he seem different? Uh, scared?

Mark HUTCHINS

Oh, totally. He was freaking out.

Sam looks at Dean. Dean looks freaked out too.

Dean: Do you know, uh..do you know what scared him?

Mark HUTCHINS

Well, yeah, witches.

Sam: Witches? (Sam & Dean look at each other) Like...?

Mark HUTCHINS

Well, "Wizard of Oz" was on tv the other night, right? And he said that green bitch was totally out to get him.

Sam: Anything else scare him?

Mark HUTCHINS

Everything else scared him. Al-Qaeda, ferrets, artificial sweetener. Those pez dispensers with their dead little eyes. Lots of stuff. (Dean looks around again at the animals inside the aquariums)

Sam: So, tell me. What was Frank like?

Mark HUTCHINS

I mean, he's dead, you know? I-I don't want to hammer him but, he got better.

Sam: He got better?

Mark HUTCHINS

Well, in high school he was, he was a d*ck.

Sam: A d*ck?

Mark HUTCHINS

Like a bully. I mean, he probably taped half the town's butt cheeks together,

Dean snickers.

Mark HUTCHINS

Mine included.

Dean: So he pissed a lot of people off. You think anyone would have wanted to get revenge?

Mark HUTCHINS

Well, I don't...Frank had a heart att*ck, right?

Sam: Just answer the question, sir.

Mark HUTCHINS

No, I don't think so. Like I said, he got better. And after what happened to his wife.

Dean: His wife? So he was married.

Mark HUTCHINS

She d*ed about 20 years ago. Frank was really broken up about it.

Dean starts staring at the snake around Mark's neck. Mark notices.

Mark HUTCHINS

Don't be scared of Donny. He's a sweetheart. It's Marie you got to look out for. (Nods to couch) She smells fear.

Albino snake creeps up from behind the couch. Dean sees it and gasps. Stays very still while it crawls down his lap.

EXT. Impala – NIGHT

Dean is sitting in the car reading while scratching on his left arm. Sam opens passenger door and climbs in.

Sam: Hey. Any luck at the county clerk's office?

Dean: I'm not sure I'd call it luck. Frank's wife, Jessie, was a manic-depressive. She went off her meds back in '88 and vanished. They found her two weeks later, three towns over. Strung up in her motel room, su1c1de.

Sam: Any chance Frank helped her along to the other side?

Dean: No, Frank was working the swing shift when she disappeared. Airtight alibi. (Turns on car)

Driving in the middle of town.

Dean: How was Frank's pad?

Sam: Clean. Searched it top to bottom. No EMF, no hex bags, no sulphur.

Dean: So probably no ghosts, no witches, no demons.

Sam: Pfh...

Dean: 3 down and 97 to go.

Sam: Yeah. (Sees speed Dean is driving in) Dude, you're going 20.

Dean: And?

Sam: That's the speed limit.

Dean: What? Safety's a crime now?

Drives through intersection, past their hotel.

Sam: Dude, where are you going? That was our hotel.

Dean: Sam, I'm not gonna make a left-hand turn into oncoming traffic. I'm not suicidal.

Sam gives Dean a confused look.

Dean: Did I just say that? That was kind of weird.

EMF goes off in the background.

Sam: Do you hear something? (Takes out EMF meter, moves it from and to Dean where it makes a sound)

Dean: Am I haunted? Am I haunted?!

END ACT ONE

ACT TWO

EXT. IN FRONT OF Hotel – DAY

Sam is on the phone talking to Bobby. Hears music from the Impala and walks towards it. See Dean lying on the front seat doing air drums to Eye of the Tiger. Bangs on the roof of the car and scares Dean.

Dean: Dude. Look at this. (Shows scratches on arm)

Sam: I just talked to Bobby.

Dean: And? (Smells box of donuts and throws into car)

Sam: (Looking perplexed at Dean ignoring the donuts) Um, well, you're not gonna like it.

Dean: What?

Sam: It's ghost sickness.

Dean: Ghost sickness?

Sam: Yeah.

Dean: God, no.

Dean: I don't even know what that is.

Sam: Okay. Some cultures believe that certain spirits can infect the living with a disease, which is why they stopped displaying bodies in houses and started taking them off to funeral homes.

Dean: Okay, get to the good stuff.

Sam: Symptoms are you get anxious...

Dean: Yeah.

Sam: Then scared, then really scared, then your heart gives out. Sound familiar?

Dean: Yeah, but Sam, we haven't seen a ghost in weeks.

Sam: Well, I doubt you caught it from a ghost. Look, once a spirit infects that first person, Ghost sickness can spread like any sickness through a cough, a handshake, whatever. It's like the flu. Now, Frank O'Brien was the first to die, which means he was probably the first infected. Patient zero.

Dean: Our very own outbreak monkey.

Sam: Right. Get this, Frank was in Maumee over the weekend. Softball tournament. Which is where he must have infected the other two victims.

Dean: Were they gamecocks?

Sam: Cornjerkers.

Dean: So, ghosts infected Frank. He passed it on to the other guys and I got it from his corpse?

Sam: Right.

Dean: So now what, I have 48 hours before I go insane and my heart stops?

Sam: More like 24.

Dean: Super.

Dean: Well, why me? Why not you? I mean, you got hit with the spleen juice.

Sam: Yeah, um, you see Bobby and I have a theory about that too. Turns out all three victims shared a certain, uh, personality type. Frank was a bully. The other two victims, one was a vice principal, the other was a bouncer.

Dean: Okay.

Sam: Basically, they were all dicks.

Dean: So you're saying I'm a d*ck?

Sam: No, no, no. It's not just that. All three victims used fear as a w*apon, and now this disease is just returning the favor.

Dean: I don't scare people.

Sam: Dean, all we do is scare people.

Dean: Okay, well then, you're a d*ck too.

Sam: Apparently, I'm not.

Dean: Whatever. How do we stop it?

Sam: We gank the ghost that started all this. We do that, the disease should clear up.

Dean: You thinking Frank's wife?

Sam: Who knows why she k*lled herself, you know? Hey, what are you doing waiting out here, anyway?

Dean: (Looks up at the hotel) Our room's on the fourth floor.

Sam looks and shakes head.

Dean: It's...it's high.

Sam: I'll see if I can move us down to the first.

Dean: Thanks.

Sam: Sure.

Dean climbs into the Impala and looks at donuts.

INT. Hotel ROOM – DAY

Dean sits at table with book in front of him. Stares at wall clock ticking loudly in the background. Goes back to reading and starts coughing when he sees disturbing images. Sees words that seem to be talking to him and starts to panic. Irritatingly looks back at the clock.

Scene fades to black with sound of something breaking in the background.

Sam comes into room, sees broken clock on floor. Dean is on the sofa drinking beer.

Sam: Everything all right?

Dean: Oh,yeah. Just peachy. Find anything?

Sam: Yeah, Jessie O'Brien's body was cremated, so I'm pretty sure she is not our ghost. Hey, quit picking at that. How you feeling?

Dean: Awesome. It's nice to have my head on the chopping block again. I almost forgot what that feels like.

Dean: It's freaking delightful.

Sam: We'll keep looking.

Dean starts to cough.

Sam: You okay? Hey!

Dean starts to choke.

Sam: Dean.

Dean is gagging over the sink where he spits out a wood chip.

Sam: We've been completely ignoring the biggest clue we have, you.

Dean: I don't want to be a clue.

Sam: The abrasions, this, the disease, it's trying to tell us something.

Dean: Tell us what, wood chips?

Sam: Exactly.

EXT. OUTSIDE THE LUMBER MILL – DAY

Dean looks at the mill apprehensively.

Dean: I'm not going in there.

Sam: I need backup, and you're all I've got. You're going in, Dean.

Dean: (Takes a drink of whiskey) Let's do this. It is a little spooky, isn't it?

Sam hands Dean a g*n.

Dean: Oh, I'm not carrying that. It could go off. I'll man the flashlight.

Sam: You do that.

INT. INSIDE THE LUMBER MILL - DAY

EMF goes off in the background.

Dean: EMF's not gonna work with me around, is it?

Sam: You don't say. Come on.

Sam: Wait...(startles Dean). "To Frank. Love, Jessie." Frank O'Brien's ring.

Dean: What the hell was Frank doing here?

Sam: No idea.

Walks into a room full of lockers where they hear rustling. Sam opens a locker and Dean screams after being startled by a cat.

Dean: That was scary! (Sam walks away) Wait.

Sam: (Looking at an ID card) Luther Garland.

Dean: (Sees drawing on table) Hey, this is uh...this is Frank's wife.

Sam: Plot thickens.

Dean: Yeah, but into what?

Dean tears off the drawing and machines turn on. Looking around he sees something in the corner. Sam looks at Dean and sees him looking behind him, he turns around and sees the Same thing.

Sam: Hey! (Turns around and sees Dean running out the mill)

Sam sh**t the apparition and goes after Dean who is hiding behind the Impala taking another drink.

Sam: Guess we got the right place.

END ACT TWO
ACT THREE

INT. Sheriff's STATION – DAY

Deputy LINUS

(Hands folder to Sam) This is the Garland file. (Sees Dean swaying) Is he...drunk?

Sam: No. Deputy, according to this, Luther Garland's cause of death was physical trauma. What does that mean?

Deputy LINUS

The guy d*ed 20 years ago, before my time. Sorry.

Sam: Then can we talk to the Sheriff?

Deputy LINUS

Um, he's out sick today.

Sam: Well, if you see him, will you have him call us? We're staying at the Bluebird. Mind if I take this?

Dean: Know what? You're awesome.

Deputy LINUS

Thanks. Um, y-you too, I guess.

Sheriff BRITTON (Over the intercom)

Who was that?

Deputy LINUS

It's uh, those FBI guys.

Sheriff BRITTON

What did they want?

Deputy LINUS

A file, Luther Garland's. Sheriff?

Inside Sheriff Britton's office.

(Voice OVER)

Sheriff BRITTON

They know. They know. They know what you did, and they're gonna make you pay.

INT. PEACEFUL PINES ASSISTED LIVING – NIGHT

Sam & Dean are walking inside. Dean is startled by a resident that they bump into in the hallway.

Dean: This isn't gonna work. Come on, these badges are fake. What if we get busted?

We could go to jail.

Sam: Dean, shh! Calm down. Deep breath, okay? (Dean takes a deep breath.) There. You feel better? (Dean shakes his head no.) Just come on. Don't scratch.

Sam: Mr. Garland. Hi uh, I'm Agent Tyler. This is Agent Perry, FBI. We'd like to ask you a few questions about your brother Luther.

Mr. GARLAND

Let me see some I.D.

Sam: Certainly.

Dean: Those are real, obviously. I mean, who would pretend to be an FBI agent, huh? That's just nutty.

Mr. GARLAND

What do you want to know?

Sam: Uh, well...according to this, your brother Luther d*ed of physical trauma. (Mr. Garland scoffs)

Sam: You don't agree.

Mr. GARLAND

No, I don't.

Sam: Well, then, what would you call it?

Mr. GARLAND

Don't matter what an old man thinks.

Sam: Mr. Garland. We're just trying to get the truth on your brother. Please.

Mr. GARLAND

Everybody was scared of Luther. They called him a monster. (FLASHBACK) He was too big, too mean-looking. Just too different. Didn't matter he was the kindest man I ever knew. Didn't matter he'd never hurt no one. (END FLASHBACK) A lot of people failed Luther. I was one of them. I was a widower with three young 'uns. And I told myself there was nothing I could do.

Sam: Mr. Garland, um...do you recognize this woman?

Mr. GARLAND

It's Jessie O'Brien. Her man, Frank, k*lled Luther.

Sam: How do you know that?

Mr. GARLAND

Everybody knows. They just don't talk about it. (FLASHBACK) Jessie was a

receptionist at the mill. She was always real nice to Luther, and he had a crush on her. (END FLASHBACK) But Frank didn't like it. And when Jessie went missing, Frank was sure that Luther had done something to her. Turns out the old gal k*lled herself, but Frank didn't know that. (FLASHBACK OF LUTHER BEING DRAGGED) They found Luther with a chain wrapped around his neck. He was dragged up and down the stretch outside that plant till he was past dead.

Dean: And O'Brien was never arrested?

Mr. GARLAND

I screamed to every cop in town. They didn't want to look into Frank. He was a pillar of the community. My brother was just the town freak.

Sam: You must have hated Frank O'Brien.

Mr. GARLAND

I did for a long time, but life's too short for hate, son. And frank wasn't thinking straight. His wife had vanished, he was terrified. A damn shame he had to put Luther through the Same, but...that's fear. It spreads and spreads.

EXT. PEACEFUL PINES - NIGHT

Dean: Now we know what these are, road rash. And I'm guessing Luther

swallowed some wood chips when he was being dragged down that road.

Sam: Makes sense. You're experiencing his death in slow motion.

Dean: Yeah well, not slow enough, huh? Say we burn some bones and get me healthy.

Sam: Dean, it won't be that easy.

Dean: No, no, it'll be that easy. Why wouldn't it be that easy?

Sam: Luther was road-hauled. His body was ripped to pieces. He was probably scattered all over that road. There's no way we're gonna find all the remains.

Dean: You're kidding me.

Sam: Look, we'll just have to figure something else out.

Dean: You know what? Screw this.

Sam: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Dean.

Dean: Come on. No, I mean, come on, Sam. What are we doing?!

Sam: We're hunting a ghost.

Dean: A ghost, exactly! Who does that?

Sam: Us.

Dean: Us? Right. And that Sam, that is exactly why our lives suck. I mean, come on, we hunt monsters! What the hell?! I mean, normal people, they see a monster, and they run. But not us, no, no, no, we -- we search out things that want to k*ll us. Yeah? Huh? Or eat us! You know who does that? Crazy people! We...are insane! You know, and then there's the bad diner food and then the skeevy motel rooms and then the truck-stop waitress with the bizarre rash. I mean, who wants this life, Sam? Huh? Seriously? Do you actually like being stuck in a car with me eight hours a day, every single day? I don't think so! I mean, I drive too fast. And I listen to the Same five albums over and over and over again, a-and I sing along. I'm annoying, I know that. And you --you're gassy! You eat half a burrito, and you get toxic! I mean, you know what? (tosses Sam the keys) You can forget it.

Sam: Whoa, Dean. where are you going?

Dean: Stay away from me Sam, okay? Cause I am done with it. I'm done with the monsters and -- and -- and the hellhounds and the ghost sickness and the damn apocalypse. I'm out. I'm done. Quit.

Deans is walking when he hears growling behind him.

INT. Hotel ROOM - NIGHT

Sam: I looked everywhere for you, Dean. How the hell did you get here?

Dean: Ran. What do we do now? I got less than four hours on the clock. I'm gonna die, Sammy.

Sam: Yeah, you are. (Dean looks puzzled) You're going back.

Dean: Back?

Sam: Downstairs Dean, hell. It's about damn time, too. Truth is, (Sam turns to Dean with yellow-eyes) You've been a real pain in my ass. (Throws Dean against wall with a hand gesture)

Dean: No! You get out of my brother, you evil son of a bitch!

YELLOW-EYED Sam: No one's possessing me, Dean. This is what I'm going to become. This is what I want to become. There's nothing you can do about it. (Starts to choke Dean)

Sam: Hey, hey, hey, Dean. Hey, Dean. Dean. Dean.

END ACT THREE

ACT FOUR

EXT. OUTSIDE LUMBER MILL – DAY

Sam is sitting on the Impala as a car drives up.

Bobby: Howdy, Sam.

Sam: Hey, Bobby. Thanks for coming so quick.

Bobby: Where's Dean?

Sam: Uh, home sick.

Scene shifts to Dean sitting inside the hotel watching TV.

Dean: (Sees Pokey being lassoed and dragged) Oh, this isn't helping.

Back to the lumber mill.

Bobby: So, have his hallucinations started yet?

Sam: Yeah, a few hours ago.

Bobby: How we doing on time?

Sam: We saw the coroner about 8:00 a.m. Monday morning, so, uh...just under two hours. What about you? You find anything?

Bobby: This uh, encyclopaedia of spirits dates to the Edo period. (Gives Sam a book with Japanese text)

Sam: You can read Japanese?

Bobby: (Answers in Japanese)

Sam: Guess so, show-off.

Bobby: Anyway, this book lists a kind of ghost that could be our guy. It uh, infects people with fear. It's called a Buru Buru.

Sam: It say how to k*ll it?

Bobby: Same as usual. Burn the remains.

Sam: Wonderful. Uh...is there a Plan "B"?

Bobby: Well, the Buru Buru is born of fear. Hell, it is fear. And the lore says we

can k*ll it with fear.

Sam: So we have to scare a ghost to death?

Bobby: Pretty much.

Sam: How the hell we gonna do that?

Back at the hotel room, Dean's cellphone rings.

Dean: Hey.

Sam: Hey! So, uh, just ride out the trip, okay? You're -- you're gonna be fine. We got a plan.

Dean: What is it?

Sam (Voice on phone)

Uh, just a good plan, all right? Hang in there.

Back at the mill.

Bobby: This is a terrible plan.

Sam: Yeah, tell me about it.

Bobby: I know I said, "scare the ghost to death" but this?

Sam: Hey, you got a better idea, I'm listening.

Sam enters the mill when a hand comes up behind a glass window that shows Luther's reflection.

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, Dean starts to hear barking. The door rattles then breaks off its hinges.

Dean: Sheriff? (Sees g*n in Sheriff's hand) What are you doing?

Sheriff BRITTON

Why are you looking into Luther Garland's death?

Dean: (Sees blood on Sheriff's right arm) Hey, hey, you're -- you're sick. You're sick. You're sick, all right? Just -- just like me, okay? You got to relax.

Sheriff BRITTON

(Hits Dean) Frank O'Brien was my friend. So he made a mistake. So I didn't bust him. So what? And you're gonna bring me down over that?! No, sir. (Points g*n at Dean but Dean swats it away)

Fight ensues.

Sheriff BRITTON (Voice OVER)

They know what you did.

Sheriff BRITTON

(Starts to hyperventilate) Get away from me!

Dean: Al, you got to calm down!

Sheriff BRITTON

Step back! (Is having a heart att*ck)

Sheriff BRITTON (Voice OVER)

They know...

At the lumber mill.

Bobby (OVER THE WALKIE TALKIE)

Any luck?

Sam: I don't know what's wrong, Bobby. Last time he came right at us. It's almost like he's, uh...like he's scared. (Puts down shotgun)

Bobby: So now what?

Sam: I guess I got to make him angry. Hey, Luther! (Start to tear up drawings. Machines turn on) Come on, Luther! Where the hell are you? What are you waiting for? (Turns around and sees Luther)

INT. Hotel

Dean is sitting on the bed scratching his arms. Hears again what Sam said during his hallucination earlier.

Sam (Voice OVER)

You're going back. It's about damn time too. Hahahaha.

Hears barking. Looks down on his watch and sees something on the floor. Picks it up and sees it's the Bible.

Little Girl: Hi, Dean.

Dean: Huh, no! No!

Little Girl: Yes! It's me, Lilith. (Embraces Dean) Oh, I missed you so much. It's time to go back now.

Dean: (Moves away from Lilith) You – you are not real!

Lilith: What's the matter, Dean? Don't you remember all the fun you had down there? You do remember. 4 months is like 40 years in hell. Like doggy years. And you remember every second.

Dean: (Clutches his chest) You are not real.

Lilith: It doesn't matter. You're still gonna die. You're still gonna burn.

Dean: Why me? Why'd I get infected?

Lilith: Silly goose. You know why, Dean. Listen to your heart.

Dean: Whu...?

Lilith: Baboom, baboom, baboom, baboom.

Back at the mill, Sam is fighting Luther's spirit. Scene shifts to hotel room with Lilith taunting Dean. Back again to the mill where Sam manages to wrap the chain around Luther's neck.

Sam: Bobby, punch it!

Bobby floors the Impala and pulls Luther's spirit across the road until he disappears. At the Same time Dean recovers in the hotel room.

END ACT FOUR

EPILOGUE

EXT. MIDDLE OF NOWHERE - DAY

Dean: So you guys road-hauled a ghost with a chain?

Sam: Iron chain etched with spell work.

Dean: Hmm, that's a new one.

Sam: It was what he was most afraid of. It was pretty brutal, though.

Dean: On the upside, I'm still alive, so uh, go team!

Sam: Yeah. How you feeling, by the way?

Dean: Fine.

Bobby: You sure, Dean? 'Cause this line of work can get awful scary.

Dean: I'm fine. You want to go hunting? I'll hunt. I'll k*ll anything.

Bobby: Awwww, he's adorable. I got to get out of here. You boys drive safe.

Sam: You too, Bobby. Hey, thanks.

Bobby drives off.

Sam: So uh...so, what did you see? Near the end, I mean.

Dean: Oh, besides a cop b*ating my ass?

Sam: Seriously.

Dean looks at Sam and sees a yellow flash in his eyes.

Dean: Howler monkeys. Whole roomful of them. Those things creep the hell out of me.

Sam: Right.

Dean: No, just the usual stuff, Sammy. Nothing I can't handle.

END