08x23 - Sacrifice

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Supernatural". Aired: September 2005 to November 2020.*

Moderators: thehoundandthebird, coco96

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Two brothers follow their father's footsteps as "hunters" fighting evil supernatural beings of many kinds including monsters, demons, and gods that roam the earth.

08x23 - Sacrifice

Post by bunniefuu »

RESTAURANT

[SHERIFF JODY MILLS sits at a booth in a nice restaurant as NANCY, a waitress, walks up behind her with a glass of red wine and sets it in front of JODY.]

NANCY

On the house, Sheriff.

JODY

Oh, thanks, Nance, but I didn't order –

CROWLEY

So

[NANCY quickly turns her head to see CROWLEY walking up and then back again to JODY.]

NANCY (mouths)

Good luck.

CROWLEY

...what are we drinking?

CROWLEY sits down across from JODY.

JODY

Roderick?

CROWLEY

Wow, Jody. Words cannot begin to describe the injustice that that picture does to you.

JODY

[ Chuckling ]

Come on.

[Time lapses as the two sit and talk and JODY smiles at CROWLEY.]

CROWLEY

What?

JODY

Look at you. The fancy career, the suit. I'm pretty much what I am -- small-town girl.

CROWLEY

We do share something, you and I.

JODY

What?

CROWLEY

Loss.

[JODY’S’ smile fades as she begins to think back to the time her husband and son were k*lled. Scenes flash showing her happy with her husband and son and then showing her husband lying in a pool of blood after her son turned into a zombie and k*lled him then a g*nsh*t being heard and JODY wincing in emotional pain.]

JODY

My son and my husband. How did you know?

[JODY has her hands clasped on the table as she asks the question and CROWLEY reaches his right hand over the table and places it over her hands and gives a gentle squeeze.]

CROWLEY

I've lost someone, too.

[JODY begins to cry then suddenly stops.]

[ Laughs ]

JODY

It's not a date till I've cried.

[JODY wipes a tear away with her right hand.]

CROWLEY

So now you've cried.

[JODY brings her right hand down to cover over the hand that CROWLEY placed on hers.]

[The scene switches and JODY bursts into the restaurant bathroom and walks to the mirror to fix her makeup.]

JODY

Oh, this is crazy.

[ Door closes ]

This is crazy. [ Chuckles ]

[JODY digs through her purse.]

JODY

I'm crazy.

[CROWLEY is back at the table unwrapping a piece of cloth that has a red symbol on it that has a small pile of sticks with yarn wrapped around them in it and places the candle that is already lit on the table at the top of the cloth. CROWLEY smiles and the scene switches back to JODY in the bathroom who is applying lipstick.]

JODY

He's attractive, though, right? He's hot.

[CROWLEY takes out a picture of JODY with a symbol written in blood across her face and leans it against the base of the candle stick. CROWLEY looks around to see if anyone is watching then he chants over the prepared spell.]

CROWLEY

Manu mortis accesso spiritus vitae recedit.

[As CROWLEY chants we see JODY in the bathroom looking curiously at a hex bad that she found in her purse. JODY bends over in sudden pain.]

[JODY begins to gasp, choke and retch in pain and blood begins to pour out of her mouth into the sink in front of her.]

[The scene switches to CROWLEY picking up his cell phone as it rings with a smile. (The ring tone playing “I like big butts and I cannot lie”)]

CROWLEY

You have less than one minute before a very dear, attractive, and slightly tipsy friend of yours snuffs it.

DEAN

[ Slams hand ] Call it off, Crowley.

CROWLEY [through DEANS cell phone and whose number reads 666]

Because?

DEAN

Because it's over, you son of a bitch. We want to deal.

CROWLEY

30 seconds.

[The scene switches back to JODY in the bathroom as she collapses to the floor on her side retching in pain.]

DEAN

We stop the trials, and you stop the k*lling.

CROWLEY

I want the Demon Tablet -- the whole Demon Tablet.

DEAN

Fine, but then the Angel Tablet comes to us.

CROWLEY

On what grounds?

DEAN

On the grounds that you're a douche bag and no douche bag should have that much power. Deal or not?

[Scene switches to show JODY laying on her back on the floor of the bathroom with a bloody mouth gasping for air. We then see CROWLEY about to pinch the flame of the candle.]

CROWLEY

First, I need to hear two little words --

[ JODY chokes ]

CROWLEY

I surrender.

[DEAN rolls his eyes and looks off to his side without saying anything.]

ACT ONE

COUNTRY ROAD – DAYTIME

[The IMPALA drives along a paved road and parks behind KEVIN TRANS’ car.]

[KEVIN is digging and he looks behind him to where the cars are parked to see DEAN and SAM get out of the IMPALA. DEAN and SAM walk across the road and over to KEVIN who continues to dig. The camera shows us the sign over the hole that KEVIN is digging and it has a picture of a devil and it has the words “Dave & Paul’s Chili Pot Restaurant” written on it. KEVIN comes out of the shallow hole holding a bag and he is taking the DEMON TABLET out of it.]

DEAN

You hid the Demon Tablet underneath the devil? Seriously?

KEVIN

What? I was delirious.

[KEVIN places both pieces of the broken tablet together and they rebind into a complete tablet. He then hands it to SAM.]

KEVIN

You sure this is gonna work?

SAM

What choice do we have?

[DEAN takes out the key box that holds the KEY for the MEN OF LETTERS bunker that they use and removes the key from the box and hands it to KEVIN as he speaks.]

DEAN

All right, listen, this is a secret lair. You understand me? No keggers.

KEVIN

I don't have any friends.

DEAN

Yeah, well, just lay low. Who knows? You'll be a mathlete again before you know it.

[SAM and DEAN begin to walk away but KEVIN stops them.]

KEVIN

You guys? You're doing the right thing.

[SAM and DEAN look at each other and turn and walk back to their car.]

[Scene switches to a homeless guy holding a sign that reads “May God Bless You Donations Welcome”]

[Camera switches to CASTIEL'S face who is sitting next to METATRON on a covered bus stop bench.]

CASTIEL

What was he like?

METATRON

Who? Oh. God? Mm, pretty much like you'd expect. [ Sighs ] Larger-than-life, gruff, bit of a sexist.

But fair -- eminently fair. The Nephilim was a monster, Castiel.

CASTIEL

And the next trial?

METATRON

Across the street. His name is Dwight Charles. I've been listening in on the Angel radio. Cupid frequency, actually. And he is the next on their list.

CASTIEL

Their list?

METATRON

To do the horizontal mambo. Slap bellies. [ Sighs when CASTIEL looks to not understand ] To find love.

CASTIEL

Oh. Yes.

[They watch DWIGHT sweep the front steps of the bar he works at called “Doc Marley’s Cocktails”]

METATRON

Well, that. He's slotted to be dinged by Cupid's arrow within 24 hours, which is good for us, because the second trial is retrieving Cupid's bow.

CASTIEL

No k*lling?

METATRON

No k*lling.

Sioux Falls, North Dakota

[The IMPALA pulls into BOBBY'S junk yard and stops near one of the old buildings on the lot. DEAN and SAM get out of the car. DEAN and SAM walk up to BOBBY’S old car which is overrun with weeds, dirt, rust and has plants growing through the engine. As the boys stare at their old friends car a voice catches their attention]

CROWLEY

Hello, boys.

[SAM and DEAN turn to their right and see CROWLEY standing about 50 feet away from them. DEAN looks around for anyone/thing else and he and SAM walk towards CROWLEY.]

CROWLEY

What's that old expression? Success has many fathers. Failure is a Winchester.

[CROWLEY Laughs ]

CROWLEY

Where's the stone?

DEAN

You show us yours, and we'll show you ours.

CROWLEY

Really, Dean? I'm trying to conduct a professional negotiation here, and you want to talk dangly bits?

The stone. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Slowly.

[Sam slowly pulls the DEMON TABLET from inside his jacket.]

CROWLEY

There she is.

CROWLEY shows that he brought the ANGEL TABLET by opening his jacket and showing that it’s inside his jacket pocket.

DEAN

And the contract?

[CROWLEY pulls a scroll that he throws out to unroll in the remaining 10 feet between him and the brothers. DEAN looks down at the enormous contract.]

DEAN

Yeah, I'm sure there's no hidden agendas in there.

CROWLEY

The highlights --we swap tablets, you stand down from the trials forever.

SAM

You stop k*lling everyone we've ever saved.

CROWLEY

Agreed.

[DEAN reaches in his jacket and pulls out a pen to sign the contract with. He uncaps the pen]

CROWLEY

Unh-unh-unh.

[Crowley yanks back the contract a couple of feet]

CROWLEY

Nice try, squirrel. Moose is doing these trials. Moose signs.

DEAN

No, no. He's not signing anything until I read the fine print.

[SAM yanks the pen from DEAN]

SAM

I can read it.

DEAN

Hey, you wanted me here. I'm here. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna let him screw us even more.

CROWLEY

What's this? Trouble in paradise, boys? [ Chuckles ]

NAOMI’S OFFICE

[The angel NATHANIEL walks into NAOMI’S office and stands a few feet from her desk.]

NAOMI

What is it, Nathaniel?

NATHANIEL

One of our freelancers has reached out to us. He's found Castiel.

NAOMI

Where?

NATHANIEL

A drinking establishment in Houston, Texas. And...

NAOMI

What?

NATHANIEL

He says Castiel was not alone.

NAOMI

Who was he with?

NATHANIEL

By the description, I-I think it was him --the scribe.

BOBBY’S JUNK YARD

CROWLEY

You're gonna move your lips the whole way up here, aren't you? You know why I always defeat you? It's your humanity. It's a built-in handicap. You always put emotion ahead of good, old-fashioned common sense. Let's have the big galoot sign it now, shall we?

[As CROWLEY speaks DEAN moves closer and closer to him until there is no more than a foot between them and SAM walks up as CROWLEY finishes speaking and nods at DEAN at which time DEAN, very quickly, slaps a pair of cuffs onto CROWLEY’S right wrist.]

CROWLEY

Is this a joke? You realize all I have to do is...

[CROWLEY snaps his fingers as nothing happens and DEAN smiles.]

DEAN

Unh-unh-unh. Demonic handcuffs, jackass. No flicking, no teleporting, no smoking out -- oh, and... no deal. Which pretty much means that you're our bitch.

CROWLEY

Fine. You want to play chain g*ng? Let's.

[CROWLEY reaches over and punches DEAN in the face]

[ DEAN Grunts ]

CROWLEY

You saddled yourself to the wrong bull, mate.

[DEAN punches CROWLEY in the face and then takes the ANGEL TABLET out of his pocket and hands it to SAM who is standing behind him.]

[ CROWLEY Grunts ]

[DEAN grabs a hold of the lapels and CROWLEY’S jacket and shakes him. He lets go as he continues talking.]

DEAN

I can do this all day, 'cause you know what? Damn, it feels good! But sooner or later, you're gonna have to face it -- you're ours. Which means that your demon ass is going to be a mortal ass pretty damn quick.

CROWLEY [to SAM]

What's he mouthing on about?

SAM

You're the third trial, Crowley.

[Dramatic music plays as CROWLEY takes in what he was just told. CROWLEY looks a little worried.]

DOC MARLEYS COCKTAILS

[CASTIEL and METATRON sit at a booth inside the tavern. CASTIEL is reading a newspaper]

METATRON

What are you reading?

CASTIEL

Personal advertisements.

[METATRON looks at CASTIEL confused]

[Country music playing ]

CASTIEL

The faster that man finds love, the faster the Cupid will come. Trust me. I'm friends with friends who do this for a living.

[DWIGHT walks over to where CASTIEL and METATRON are sitting}

DWIGHT

Help you gents?

CASTIEL

Yes. Would you say that you're looking for, uh, a partner in crime... ...or, uh, someone who's into nurse role-play and light domination?

DWIGHT

Brother, it's 10:00 a.m. on a Tuesday.

METATRON

Uh, we'll have two drafts, please.

DWIGHT

Coming up.

[DWIGHT walks away from the table to get their order]

METATRON

You're not the most subtle tool in the shed, are you?

[As Metatron says his last word he is snatched up from his seat by a male angel. As Castel stands up he sees two other angels, both female, standing behind METATRON and one of them is NAOMI.]

NAOMI

k*ll him.

[The other female angel starts to walk towards CASTIEL with a serious look of intent to follow the order on her face.]

[ g*nsh*t ]

[DWIGHT fires a shotgun and everyone turns to look at him and you see b*llet holes in the jacket of the male angel who only holds the arm adjacent to the shoulder hit.]

[DWIGHT cocks the g*n and gets ready to fire again.]

DWIGHT

Next one won't wing you. Take it someplace else.

[Suddenly the male angel is behind DWIGHT and he grabs DWIGHT and slams his head the glass of a nearby bear cooler. DWIGHT falls to the ground in a heap.]

CASTIEL

Let him go.

NAOMI

Haven't you caused enough harm already, Castiel?

[CASTIEL has his ANGEL SWORD out and he starts to walk towards the group of angels.]

METATRON

Stop. Please, Castiel, don't make this any worse. Please.

[As we look at CASTIEL we hear angels wings rustling and then we see the angels have all disappeared with METATRON leaving CASTIEL standing there alone.]

ACT TWO

ABANDONED CHURCH- DAYTIME

[The IMPALA is seen driving up a desolate wet dirt road next to a waterway and it pulls to a stop in front of a small abandoned church.]

[ Engine shuts off. Sam and DEAN get out of the car with CROWLEY in tow and DEAN walks behind CROWLEY into the church ]

[Scene switches to inside the church where CROWLEY is chained to a chair DEAN finishes spraying a devils trap around him. CROWLEY still wears the demon handcuffs also.]

[ CROWLEY shakes his Chains a little to show his discomfort for being in them. Chains clank, rattle ]

CROWLEY

You really think this is gonna hold me, that you're gonna cure me or whatever it is?

[DEAN, still holding the spray can, gives it one last shake then tosses it across the room and it hits a wall in the corner of the very small church. DEAN smirks at CROWLEY and walks away.]

[Can thuds ]

[ Thunder rumbles ]

[DEAN walks outside to where SAM is at the back of the IMPALA with the trunk open SAM is preparing for the next trial. SAM is pouring holy oil into a jar.]

DEAN

He's primed. How you feeling?

SAM

Honestly, for the first time in a long time, it feels like we're gonna win. I'm good.

[SAM Chuckles ]

DEAN

All right, well, no dancing in the end zone until we're finished. What's the good father's playbook say now?

[SAM places a lid on the jar.]

SAM

Well... Now that we got the consecrated ground, I just, uh [Clears throat] I slip Crowley one dose of blood every hour for eight hours and seal the deal with a bloody-fist sandwich. That should do it.

DEAN

Your blood's supposed to be purified, isn't it? You ever, uh -- you ever done the "forgive me, father" before?

SAM

Well, once, when we were kids. Which is why I have no clue what to say now.

DEAN

Well, I mean, I could give you suggestions if you want.

SAM

O-okay. Yeah, sure.

DEAN

All right. Well, I'm just spit-balling here, but if I were you, uh... Ruby, k*lling Lilith, letting Lucifer out, losing your soul, not looking for me when I went to Purgatory,

SAM

Thanks.

[Frustrated with DEANS comments SAM turns away and continues to fill a bag with needed items for the trial and when he is done he picks up the bag and walks toward the church.]

DEAN

for starters. Or, hey, h-how about what you did to, uh, Penny Markle in the sixth grade? Why don't you lead with that?

[SAM turns to look at DEAN.]

SAM

Well, that was you.

[DEAN appears to think SAM maybe SAM is right.]

DEAN

Carry on.

[SAM looks at DEAN with disdain and then turns and walks into the church.]

[Thunder rumbling ]

[DEAN thinks about if SAM just said was true or not and by the look on his face we see that he agrees that it is most likely the truth.]

[Once inside the small church SAM walks into a confessional and kneels as he closes the door behind him. We see CROWLEY a few feet away chained to the chair his back turned to SAM]

[SAM Breathes deeply ]

SAM

Okay, um... [Clears throat ]...if anybody's listening, here goes.

[DEAN is outside fiddling with something in the trunk of the IMPALA.]

[Angels wings rustling. CASTIEL speaks to DEAN which startles him.]

CASTIEL

Dean, I need your help.

DEAN

Little busy, Cass. Take a number.

CASTIEL

I'm afraid this can't wait. Naomi has taken Metatron.

DEAN

And you know Metatron how?

CASTIEL

I've been working with him on the Angel trials.

DEAN

The what?

CASTIEL

We're gonna shut it all down -- Heaven, Hell, all of it.

NAOMI’S OFFICE

[METATRON is strapped to a chair.]

[METATRON Breathing heavily. We LOOK THROUGH METATRON'S eyes as he focuses and sees NAOMI standing in front of him.]

METATRON

I know you.

NAOMI

We've never officially met.

[METATRON Chuckles ]

METATRON

Naomi.

[ Sighs ]

[METATRON looks to his left and sees t*rture devices on a table.]

METATRON

Your reputation precedes you. The Archangels --

NAOMI

Wanted me to debrief you after God left.

METATRON

[Chuckles ] "Debrief" me. Is that what you call it?

NAOMI

Well, how would you know? You ran before I had the chance. But...here we are. I just have one question before we begin. You had to know that we would leap at the chance to extract all of God's secrets from that head of yours, which is why I ask myself...Why? Why did the scribe suddenly come in from the shadows? And what are you doing with Castiel?

[METATRON pauses slightly.]

METATRON

"Of the blessings set before you, make your choice and be content."

[NAOMI looks confused.]

METATRON

Not a big reader, are we?

[NAOMI picks the drill off the table next to METATRON and turns it on and starts moving slowly toward his face with it.]

[ Drill whirring ]

DEAN

Metatron, the guy who was full-on crazy, cat-lady-hoarder angel yesterday -- now he wants to save Heaven?

CASTIEL

Yes, he wants to.

CASTIEL

But I'm the only one in who can. I can't fail, Dean, not on this one. I need your help.

DEAN

Look, Cass, that's all well and good, okay, but you're asking me to leave Sam, and we've got Crowley in there tied and trussed. Now, if anybody needs a chaperone while doing the heavy lifting, it's Sam.

SAM

You should go.

[DEAN realizes Sam was standing behind him and rolls his eyes then turns around to look at SAM.]

SAM

Seriously.

DEAN

Oh, what, and leave you here with the King of Hell? Come on.

SAM

I got this. And if you guys can lock the angels up, too...That's a good day.

[Thunder crashes ]

DEAN

Look, I... I'm down with sending the angels back to Heaven, just 'cause they're dicks. But the Demons?

This is on us. Start the injections now. If I'm not back in eight hours, finish it, no questions, no hesitation.

SAM

Yeah.

[CASTIEL stares at SAM as DEAN gathers items from the trunk. Once DEAN is ready CASTIEL places a hand on his shoulder and you hear rustling as DEAN and CASTIEL disappear.]

[SAM Sighs ]

[SAM back inside the church. SAM uses a needle to draw blood from his arm.]

[SAM Groans ]

[Behind SAM, CROWLEY smirks.]

CROWLEY

You really think injecting me with human blood is gonna make me human? Did you read that on the back of a cereal box?

[As CROWLEY speaks SAM walks towards him and injects him in the neck with his blood.]

CROWLEY [in pain]

Aah! [Groans and chuckles ]

You're miles out of your league, moose. See you in an hour.

[SAM walks away from CROWLEY and towards the altar table. As he gets closer to the table he holds out his arms in front of him. His arms begin to have that same orange glow from before and SAM winces in pain and exhales sharply.]

MEN OF LETTERS BUNKER

[KEVIN, DEAN and CASTIEL look at the ANGEL TABLET that is sitting on a table.]

KEVIN

Is this a joke?

CASTIEL

No. It's the word of God.

[KEVIN looks up slightly at CASTIEL and chuckles.]

KEVIN

What?

DEAN

It's a tablet. All right, translate. That's what you do.

KEVIN [Chuckles]

Okay. Um, it's the Angel Tablet, which I've never laid eyes on in my life. You want a translation in like six hours when it took me six months and a dead mom to translate a piece of the Demon Tablet?

[Chuckles and pours a drink of alcohol into a small glass. ]

And according to your own words this morning... [Kevin then sits down with the glass in his hand.]

...this is not what I do. It's what I did. You told me I was out, Dean.

DEAN

Yeah, well –

KEVIN

and if this is gonna be the "guys like us are never out" speech, save it.

[CASTIEL grabs KEVIN up by his sweater and yanks him up sharply causing his glass to crash to the floor.]

CASTIEL

Dean's right.

DEAN

Cass!

[CASTIEL holds KEVIN close to his face as he speaks him.]

CASTIEL

There is no out. Only duty.

KEVIN

Get the hell off me.

CASTIEL

You are a Prophet of the Lord, always and forever... ...until the day you cease to exist, and then another Prophet takes your place. Now, are you clear as to the task before you?

[KEVIN nods]

CASTIEL

Then do it, and let's go.

[CASTIEL and DEAN disappear from the BUNKER leaving KEVIN to do as told.]

[Angel wings rustling ]
ACT THREE

ABANDONED CHURCH – DAYTIME

[There is a cross on the wall that has only the hands and feet left on it.]

[The camera moves down and shows standing in front of the alter table and looking at his watch he then turns around from the alter table to face CROWLEY and walks toward him with the needle filled with his purified blood and he sticks CROWLEY in the neck with it. CROWLEY uses the opportunity to bite a big chunk of flesh from SAM’S arm. SAM grunts in pain.]

SAM

What the hell, Crowley?

[SAM punches CROWLEY hard across the face.]

Biting?! Seriously?!

[SAM walks away towards the door of the church. The door opens and closes as SAM walks outside.]

[CROWLEY has SAM’S blood in his mouth from biting him and he spits the blood out into his hand and starts chanting.]

CROWLEY

Inferni sectatores, nunc audite regem. [CROWLEY speaks to the blood in his hand and it begins to move.]

For the love of everything, whoever is hearing this -- if anyone is hearing this -- this is your king. Send help immediately.

[CROWLEY nervously at the looks over his shoulder to see if SAM came back in.]

DOC MARLEYS COCKTAILS –NIGHTTIME

[DEAN is seen sitting at the bar watching a hunter on the bars TV aim his bow at the TV screen. CASTIEL walks in the door that’s behind DEAN and sits on the stool next to him.]

DEAN

Anything? You've been gone long enough.

CASTIEL

No. There was one female, but...

DEAN

What?

CASTIEL

...I don't think she was female. Anything here?

DEAN

Free drinks. Your, uh, buddy over there thinks you saved his life.

CASTIEL

Do you really think it's wise to be drinking on the job?

DEAN

What show you been watching? Talk to me. Are you sure about this? I mean, it's one thing me and Sammy slamming the gates to the pit, but you -- you're -- you're boarding up Heaven, and you're locking the door behind you.

CASTIEL

Yeah. I know.

DEAN

You did a lot of damage up there, man. You think they're just gonna let that slide?

CASTIEL

Do you mean do I think they'll k*ll me? Yeah, they might.

DEAN

So this is it? E.T. goes home.

[DEAN looks at CASTIEL and smiles but realizes CASS doesn’t get the joke so he rolls his eyes as he hears someone enter a door at the other end of the bar. Both CASS and DEAN look to see a woman enter and walk up with a beer delivery to give to DWIGHT.]

DWIGHT

Hey, there. Where's Ed?

GAIL

Flu. I'm Gail.

DWIGHT

Well, okay, then.

DEAN

Showtime.

DWIGHT

Let me give you a hand.

GAIL

Oh, thanks. Ah. You're a real gentleman.

{GAIL looks at another man sitting at the bar and smiles.]

Hey.

[GAIL Chuckles ]

DEAN

Holy crud, this is like the first five minutes of every p*rn I've ever seen.

GAIL (Hands a Pen to DWIGHT to sign for the beer.]

Thanks.

[DWIGHT takes the pen and signs.]

DWIGHT [introducing GAIL to the MAN at the bar.]

Gail, Rod.

ROD

Ma'am.

DWIGHT

Rod rides a stool here most days.

[GAIL places a hand each man’s shoulders and smiles.]

GAIL

I'll be seeing you both.

[GAIL smiles and gathers her clip board and begins to leave.]

GAIL

Thanks for the help.

DWIGHT

No problem.

[GAIL leaves the bar and DEAN stares at the scene confused thinking GAIL was going to be the person DWIGHT was to have a match with.]

[DWIGHT and ROD stare at the hunter on TV as he displays the use of his bow.]

BOTH MEN [at the same time]

Damn, that's sweet.

[After the men say the same thing at the same time they stare into each other’s eyes and music plays.]

♪ Oh, it's so nice to be with you ♪ ♪ I love all the things you say and do ♪

DWIGHT

How about the next one's on me?

♪ And it's so nice to hear you say ♪ ♪ you're gonna please me in every way ♪

ABANDONED CHURCH –

NIGHTTIME

[CROWLEY Chuckles ]

CROWLEY

How we doing, Moose? Ain't it about time for the next love injection?

[CROWLEY begins to sing.]

♪ Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes ♪ turn and face the strange

[As CROWLEY sings SAM turns away from him and faces the alter table and as he does his arms begin to glow the orange glow again and SAM inhales sharply.]

♪ ch-ch-changes♪ just gonna have to be a different man ♪ ♪ time may change me, but I can't trace -- ♪

[The church begins to rumble and shake and SAM turns quickly to face CROWLEY who seems to not be alarmed by what’s happening. The floor boards begin to cr*ck until they reach the demon trap that DEAN spray painted around CROWLEY. The cr*ck penetrates the trap.]

CROWLEY [to SAM]

Did you really think you could kidnap the King of Hell and no one was gonna notice, n patient will dumb nuts?!

[The church doors burst open as ABADDON enters.]

ABADDON Hello, boys.

CROWLEY

That's my line. Abaddon? They told me you were dead.

ABADDON

So not.

CROWLEY

And the rest of the cavalry?

ABADDON

Oh, no, it's just little, old, unkillable me.

[SAM reaches behind him for his g*n that’s sitting on the alter table but ABADDON uses her telekinetic power to toss SAM across the room in the church wall. CROWLEY looks on and smiles. The g*n fires but does not hit anyone. SAM groans in pain and moves to stand up.

CROWLEY

Brilliant. Why send in a few grunts when you can send in a knight? Say your prayers, Moose.

[ABADDON uses her powers to toss SAM through a window that’s behind him]

CROWLEY [smiles]

That'll do. Undo these. I'll k*ll him myself.

[ABADDON walks from behind CROWLEY and faces him with a smirk on her face]

ABADDON

That was an order, was it?

CROWLEY

I am your King.

ABADDON

About that...

[ABADDON punches CROWLEY in the face]

BEER PLANT

[DEAN and CASTIEL wait for GAIL outside the plant as she walks out.]

GAIL [to CASTIEL]

Hello, brother.

[CASTIEL pulls out his angel sword and advances towards GAIL and she steps back surprised.]

CASTIEL

Give us your bow.

GAIL

What?

DEAN

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey.

[DEAN steps in front of CASTIEL to stop him from harming GAIL.]

DEAN

Talk first, s*ab later.

ABANDONED CHURCH

[ABADDON punches CROWLEY in the face again.]

ABADDON

Do you know what I find the most shocking about time-traveling through a closet and landing in the year 2013?

[ABADDON punches CROWLEY very hard several times and the last punch hits so hard that his chair falls over and CROWLEY falls on his face.]

ABADDON

Somebody thought it was a good idea to make you the King of Hell.

CROWLEY

You know what that boy's trying to do, right? He's trying to shut the Gates of Hell.

ABADDON

Right now you and I are gonna talk about regime change.

CROWLEY

You little whore. [shouting] I am your k—

[ABADDON kicks CROWLEY in the face hard enough to knock him out. AS she turns around she sees SAM standing behind her and he tosses the oil that he poured into a jar earlier on her.]

SAM

I love the suit.

[SAM then quickly lights a match and tosses it on ABADDON and she bursts into flames and begins to scream as she burns. ABADDON escapes her demonic vessel in a demon black smoke and swirls out the window she threw SAM through.]

BEER PLANT

GAIL

I've been afraid to go home for some time now. Orders used to come once a day, and now it's chaos. It all seems to be breaking down. And you think you can fix that?

CASTIEL

With time, yes.

GAIL

Take it, then.

[GAIL holds out her hand with her palm facing up and a cupids bow appears in the center of it like a tattoo. CASTIEL holds up his angel sword like a Kn*fe as the scene ends.]

NAOMI’S OFFICE

[METATRON is still strapped to the chair in NAOMI’S office he has blood coming out of his left eye.]

METATRON

You've been digging.

NAOMI

Why are you doing this --this? I

METATRON

Do you have any idea what it would be like to be plucked from obscurity, to sit at God's feet, to be asked to write down his word? The ache I felt when he was gone, telling myself, "Father's left, but look what he's left us -- paradise." But you and your Archangels couldn't leave well enough alone. You ran me from my home. Did you really think you could do all of that to me and there'd be no payback?

[Angels wings rustle as NAOMI disappears. METATRON looks at the bloody drill on the table next to him and smiles as the scene ends.]

ABANDONED CHURCH

[SAM places CROWLEY back to an upright position in his chair.]

CROWLEY

You did good back there, Moose. I'll deny it if you ever quote me, but I'm a proud man. I'm proud of you.

[SAM picks up the spray can and to reapply to demon trap.]

SAM

Thanks.

CROWLEY

Hold on. Uh, w-what's that?

SAM

It's what it looks like.

[SAM repaints the trap.]

CROWLEY

Are you joking? I just saved your life.

SAM

[ Laughs ] Seriously?

CROWLEY

Seriously? Me, seriously? We just shared a foxhole, you and I. We b*at back the Tet Offensive, outrun the --the r*pe of Nanking together! And still you're gonna do me like this?!

[SAM walks over to CROWLEY and pulls his head to the side and then sticks the needle into the side of his neck as CROWLEY yells in pain. CROWLEY starts to talk with less of a British accent and seems to be speaking nonsense.]

CROWLEY

Aah! Aah! "Band of Brothers"? "The Pacific"? None of this means anything to you? All those motels, you never once watched HBO, not once? "Girls"? You're my Marnie, Moose. A-and Hannah -- she just --she needs to be loved. She deserves it. Don't we all -- you, me -- we deserve to be loved. I deserve to be loved! I just want to be loved.

[SAM looks curiously at CROWLEY.]

SAM

What?

[CROWLEY seems to be confused by what he just said.]

CROWLEY

What?

[SAM looks very drained and has a bandage around his arm where he has been taking the blood from. SAM begins to take more blood from his arm. He winces in pain as he does it.]

CROWLEY

Would it be possible, Moose...I'd like...to ask you a-a favor, Sam. Earlier, when you were confessing back there...what did you say? I only ask because, given my history...it raises the question... Where do I start...to even look for forgiveness? I mean...

SAM

How about we start with this?

[SAM holds the needle out to show that’s what he means and CROWLEY tilts his head to the side to submit to taking the injection. SAM sticks the needle in CROWLEY’S neck and CROWLEY shows no pain but rather seems to be content with it.]

SECRET LAIR

KEVIN [on the phone with DEAN]

I think I found the Angel trials, but I don't see anything about a Nephilim or a Cupid's bow or anything like that.

[DEAN and CASTIEL walk through a parking lot while DEAN talks on the phone with KEVIN.]

DEAN

Oh, come on, Kev! We're on the one-yard line here.

KEVIN

Okay, a-and I should have mentioned this six months ago, but the sports metaphors -- y-you want to motivate me, "Magic" cards, "Skyrim," Aziz Ansari.

[CASTIEL hears Angels wings rustling behind him he turns and sees NAOMI.]

NAOMI

I'm not here to fight you, Castiel.

[DEAN, hearing NAOMI, turns around and stops talking to Kevin on the phone. KEVIN remains on the phone but DEAN drops it down to his side.]

KEVIN

Dean?

NAOMI

Not anymore.

KEVIN

Dean?

CASTIEL

Where is Metatron?

NAOMI

He told you he was going to fix Heaven, didn't he? Murdering a Nephilim, cutting off a Cupid's bow -- it's a lie, all of it. I've been in his head.

CASTIEL

You've been in all our heads. That's the problem.

CASTIEL

No, Castiel, you're wrong.

CASTIEL [shaking his head]

This is what you do. You twist things. I'm trying to fix Heaven. Metatron is trying to fix Heaven.

NAOMI

Metatron isn't trying to fix anything. He's trying to break it -- an act of revenge for driving him away.

[KEVIN listens intently through the phone.]

DEAN

Break it how?

CASTIEL [turns and looks at DEAN not wanting him to fall for NAOMI’S trick that CASTIEL thinks she is playing]

Dean.

NAOMI

Expel all Angels from Heaven, just as God cast out Lucifer.

DEAN

Cast you out? To where? Hell?

NAOMI [shakes her head no]

Here. Thousands of us, walking the Earth.

CASTIEL

Lies.

[CASTIEL begins to charge at NAOMI with his angel sword and DEAN grabs his arm to stop him.]

DEAN

Wait!

NAOMI

Our mission was to protect what God created. I don't know when we forgot that. I want nothing more than to see you shut the Gates of Hell, but I told you that you could trust me. If Sam completes those trials, he is going to die.

DEAN

What the hell are you talking about?

NAOMI

I saw it in Metatron's head. It was always God's intention -- the ultimate sacrifice. As for you, Castiel, I beg of you, stop this path. Metatron has been neutralized. If you want back in, truly, I will listen.

[Angels wings rustle and NAOMI disappears.]

[DEAN starts talks to KEVIN again on the phone]

DEAN

Hey, right now, talk to me. Is she lying?

KEVIN

I don't know.

DEAN

Well, find out!

CASTIEL

She's lying.

DEAN

Take me to him.

CASTIEL

Dean --

DEAN

take me to him now!

ACT FOUR

ABANDONED CHURCH

[SAM exhales sharply as he starts to chant the words to purify CROWLEY ]

SAM

Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, hanc animam redintegra, lustra.

[SAM tosses the book he was reading the words from behind him and takes out his Kn*fe and begin to slice open his palm as the orange glow reappears. DEAN and CASTIEL appear outside the church and DEAN starts walking in when CASTIEL calls out to him.]

CASTIEL

Dean, I'm not wrong. I'm going to fix my home.

[Angels wings rustle as CASS disappears]

DEAN

Cass!

[With his hand glowing orange SAM walks towards CROWLEY and is about to place his hand on him when DEAN stops him.]

DEAN

Sammy, stop!

NAMOIS OFFICE

[CASTIEL appears in NAOMI’S office and sees her lying dead with her head on her desk with the drill she used on METATRON shoved into the back of her head.]

[METATRON appears behind CASTIEL as CASTIEL turns to face him METATRON holds an angel sword to his neck.]

METATRON

She told you I lied, didn't she? You should've listened to the bitch.

ABANDONED CHURCH

[DEAN with his hands up walks slowly toward SAM.]

DEAN

Easy there. Okay. Just take it easy. We got a slight change of plan.

SAM

What? What's going on? Where's Cass?!

DEAN

Metatron lied. You finish this trial, you're dead, Sam.

SAM

So?

NAOMI’S OFFICE

[CASTIEL is strapped to the chair in Naomi’s office.]

CASTIEL

You promised.

METATRON

Shh! Castiel, I want you to stop thinking about master plans, Heaven and Angels, and all this. That doesn't concern you anymore.

[As METATRON speaks to CASTIEL he slams his head back on the head rest of the chair. METATRON pulls out an angel sword and holds it to CASTIELS neck. METATRON then cuts into CASTIELS neck and CASTIELS glowing grace seeps out through the cut.]

METATRON

These were never trials, Castiel. This is a spell. And what I'm taking from you now -- your essence, your Grace -- is the last piece.

[METATRON holds a small vial to CASTIEL'S neck and CASTIEL’S grace spells into the vial. METATRON then places a hand over CASTIEL’S cut and the cut disappears as he slides his hand across it.]

METATRON

And now something wonderful is going to happen, for me and for you. I want you to live this new life to the fullest. Find a wife. Make babies. And when you die and your soul comes to Heaven, find me. Tell me your story.

CASTIEL

Hmm?

METATRON

Now go.

[A bright light surrounds the room as METATRON places his hand on CASTIEL’S head in the scene ends.]

ABANDONED CHURCH

SAM

Look at him. Look at him! Look how close we are! Other people will die if I don't finish this!

DEAN

Think about it. Think about what we know, huh? Pulling souls from hell, curing demons, hell, ganking a Hellhound! We have enough knowledge on our side to turn the tide here. But I can't do it without you.

SAM

You can barely do it with me. I mean, you think I screw up everything I try. You think I need a chaperone, remember?

DEAN

Come on, man. That's not what I meant.

SAM

No, it's exactly what you meant. You want to know what I confessed in there? What my greatest sin was? It was how many times I let you down. I can't do that again.

DEAN

Sam --

SAM

What happens when you've decided I can't be trusted again? I mean, who are you gonna turn to next time instead of me? Another angel, another -- another vampire? Do you have any idea what it feels like to watch your brother just –

DEAN

Hold on, hold on! You seriously think that? Because none of it -- none of it -- is true. Listen, man, I know we've had our disagreements, okay? Hell, I know I've said some junk that set you back on your heels. But, Sammy...come on. I k*lled Benny to save you. I'm willing to let this bastard and all the sons of b*tches that k*lled mom walk because of you. Don't you dare think that there is anything, past or present, that I would put in front of you! It has never been like that, ever! I need you to see that. I'm begging you.

SAM

How do I stop?

[SAM squeezes his hand as blood drips out onto the floor the orange glow is a little brighter but then starts to fade.]

DEAN

Just let it go.

SAM

I can't.

It's in me, Dean. You don't know what this feels like.

[DEAN wraps a bandanna around Sam’s cut.]

DEAN

Hey, listen,we will figure it out, okay, just like we always do. Come on.

[DEAN grabs SAM and pulls him in for a tight hug.]

DEAN

Come on. Let it go, okay? Let it go, brother.

[The orange glow in SAMS arms starts to fade. SAM backs away from Dean to look at his arms as the orange glow fades.]

SAM

Hey, Dean.

DEAN

See?

[ SAM Breathing shakily then Sam doubles over in pain. DEAN brings SAM outside the church. ]

DEAN

Sam? I got you, little brother. You're gonna be just fine.

[ Sam groans and falls next to the IMPALA in severe pain. ]

DEAN

Sam, Sam?

DEAN

Cass?!

[SAM Wheezing ]

DEAN

Castiel?! Where the hell are you?

[CASTIEL is laying on the ground on some leaves. He starts to wake up.]

[KEVIN is walking upstairs with a backpack on. He looks around as machines inside the BUNKER start turning on by themselves lighting up.]

[CASTIEL is seen walking through a wooded area as he looks up to the sky.]

[The wind is howling.]

[More machines turn on inside the BUNKER and buttons light up.]

DEAN

Sammy!

[SAM Gasping ]

[ Alarm blaring inside the liar. KEVIN looks around confused and sees a table map on the level below him that has spots on it that start to light up indicating things happening in those areas around the world.

[DEAN looks up to the sky and sees angels falling.]

[CASTIEL standing in the different location in a wooded area looks up and also sees the Angels falling.]

DEAN

No, Cass.

SAM [looks up and seems the angels falling.]

What's happening?

[SAM Gasping ]

[CASTIEL stares up at the sky as more angels continue to fall.]

DEAN

Angels. They're falling.

END SCENE.

Source : SuperWiki