03x19 - I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

03x19 - I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me

Post by bunniefuu »

[Générique]

Voix-off : George Eliot once wrote, “There is no despair so absolute as that which comes with the first moments of our first great sorrow, when we have not yet known what it is to have suffered and healed, to have despaired and recovered hope.”

Nathan : Black jerseys for Keith. First game back. You ready for this ?

Lucas : I think so. Yeah.

Nathan : The whole team’s there for you, man. I got your back out there tonight.

Lucas : I can’t to play tonight.

Whitey : Durstin ! You’re in !

Nathan : Coach, we’re in this together. It’s what you taught us, right ?

Whitey : I’m afraid that’s a forfeit, Ref.

Arbitre : Ok, the Ravens forfeit.

Mouth : Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like the Ravens are gonna forfeit the game. Ravens forfeit.

Lucas : You guys didn’t have to forfeit the game. You didn’t have to do that for me.

Nathan : Hey, I told you, got your back.

Lucas : Thanks.

Nathan : Look, here’s the thing…All these guys, Luke, they’d walk through fire for you. Question is, are you really gonna make them do that ? Look, remember when I didn’t want to play in this crappy old gym ? You remember what you said to me ?

Lucas : “It’s not just about us.”

Nathan : Yeah, and you were right. I mean, these guys deserve a sh*t at State. And Whitey, it’s his last year so… Look, I’m gonna do everything I can to help you get through this, but we can’t forfeit the season, Luke.

Lucas : I know.

Mouth : Rachel, what’s wrong ? What ? Who is ?

Rachel : Someone I used to know. Someone who’s gone now. Like Jimmy Edwards. Brooke did this.

Mouth : What are you doing to Rachel, Brooke ?

Brooke : You know what ? After what happened in here tonight with Lucas, I think I have a little more on my mind than your skank-fatuation, Mouth.

Mouth : It’s not fair. She’s done nothing to you.

Brooke : Are you kidding ? How about trying to steal my cheerleading squad ? Or entering me in Rogue Vogue just so she could screw me over ? Or her midnight round of strip basketball with my boyfriend ? Or humiliating me in front of all of my friends last weekend ? You know, stop me any time, ‘cause I can go on and on.

Mouth : The picture. Rachel said it was someone she knew.

Brooke : Yeah, fine. Maybe you should read the back of it.

Mouth : The flyers. Where else are they ?

Brooke : Well, there’s a couple at school, a few at Tric, Karen’s Café, numerous convenience stores around town. It’s my turn to have a little bit of fun

Mouth : Brooke ! Didn’t you learn anything from Jimmy’s death ?

Haley : You know, now that we’re living here, we should probably try unpacking at some point.

Nathan : Yeah, well, we’ve been a little busy doing this. So much better than moving in.

Haley : I can(t wait to renew my vows with you.

Nathan : Me, too. I want that second chance, Haley. I want to give you that wedding you always dreamed of.

Haley : I already had a dream wedding.

Nathan : No, but you told me how you saw it. In the church gardens where your parents got married. All the bridesmaids and groomsmen, flowers everywhere. I want that for you.

Haley : Okay, I guess unpacking can wait.

[Strange noise]

Haley : What is that ? Do you want me to call 911 ?

Nathan : No,no,no. Just wait there, okay ?

Cooper : So how much for the wall ? I’m guessing it’s less without the creepy clown.

Nathan : Uncle Cooper. What are you doing here, man ?

Cooper : It’s 1:00 a.m. I’m starving.

Haley : Nathan ?

Cooper : Who wants breakfast ?

Nathan : It’s okay !

Haley : What’s going on ?

Nathan : Come on.

Peyton : Hello ? Hi, Pete. God, you’re, like, the hardest guy on the planet to get a hold of. But I’m glad you called. Even if it is, what, 1:00 a.m. ? Nice. Yeah. So I didn’t freak you out with all my voice mails ? Well, yeah, I miss you, too. I don’t know, this is… I mean, this is crazy, right ? I can’t even get you on the phone unless it’s the middle of the night. Okay. Well, then why don’t you tell me how this is supposed to work ? Right, oh…Okay, you(re outside my window. You are not outside my window. Oh. Oh, my God. All right, well, just come to the front door, I’ll be down in just a second. And be quiet. Okay. Oh, God. Oh, God.

Peyton : I can’t believe you sent him away.

Larry : The Guy shows up at 1:00 a.m. in a limo, tattooed from head to toe, looking for my daughter ? You’re lucky all I did was send him away.

Peyton : Daddy, that was Pete from Fall Out Boy.

Larry : Yeah, well now he’s Pete from Get-Out-Of-Town Boy. I think it’s time that we all went over the ground rules for this house. By the way, where is Brooke ?

Brooke : Sleepwalking ?

Larry : Yeah, nice try. Grab some bed. Look, you guys, let’s get a few things straight here. No boys in this bedroom, ever. 9:00 curfew on weekdays, midnight on weekends. If you are out after 10:00, I need a phone call because I need to know where you are. My cell phone will do very nicely, thank you. No parties without parental supervision, no alcohol. Do I need to go over the ground rules for sex ?

Brooke and Peyton : No !

Larry : Good. Okay, so now, tell me about Pete from Fall Out Shelter.

Brooke : Fall Out Boy.

Larry : Oh !

Peyton : Daddy, the lead songwriter of the number three band on Billboard charts.

Brooke : Grammy-nominated.

Peyton : Multi-platinum album seller.

Brooke : And very cute.

Peyton : Very.

Larry : Well, that’s all great, but you’re telling me about Pete from Fall Out Boy. What I really want to know about is Pete the boy. There’s a difference. I mean, where’d he grow up ? What kind of family is he from ? Does he hold doors open for you ? Does he say, “God bless you”, when you sneeze ? Because, Peyton, I don’t care how many albums the guy has sold, all I care about is how he’s going to treat you. So let’s just agree that when Pete visits this house, it will be strictly between business hours. God it ?

Peyton : Mmm.

Larry : Good. And while we’re at it, Brooke, now that you are living here, let’s just assume that you’re going to find a new hot-dad fantasy.

Brooke : …

Larry : All right ? Thank you very much. Good night, ladies.

Peyton : Night.

Brooke : Oh, my God ! Oh, my God !

Cooper : So, it’s Haley, right ? I always wanted to meet the girl who made my nephew crash a perfectly good racecar.

Haley : And I always wanted to meet the uncle who let Nathan crash a racecar.

Cooper : She’s tough, Nate. I like her. You know, your mom’s back in town.

Nathan : Yeah, she called atually. Unlike you, she has the decency not to storm our apartment at 1:00 in the morning.

Cooper : Hey, give me a break. I was hungry, all right ? Oh by the way, I met this smoking-hot girl. She’s 26, she’s a model. You know, my type. She’s home from New-York, she’s housesitting for her parents. I’m telling you, God loves me.

Nathan : So, are you staying for a while ?

Cooper : Absolutely. If you saw the girl, Nate, you’d know why, too. Sorry.

Haley : This does look really good.

Cooper : Well, it helps if you’re a little buzzed. So, Nate, listen, I’m sorry about Keith. How’s Lucas taking it ?

Nathan : Not good.

Haley : He walked off the court tonight. Actually, we had to forfeit the game.

Cooper : Well, you know what ? He’ll… He’ll be okay. How eat up. It’s gonna get cold.

Deb : Karen ? Hi. I’m so sorry I didn’t make it back for Keith’s funeral. I came as soon as I could. How are you holding up ? Well, the important thing is to get you back on your feet. I’m just here to tell you that I want to help you any way I can.

Karen : You’ve done enough, Deb.

Deb : What do you mean ?

Karen : Keith told me that you tried to k*ll Dan.

Deb : It was a terrible mistake. Not a day goes by that I don’t regret it, Karen.

Karen : Yeah, well, my son ran into a burning building to fix your mistake. I could have lost him the way I lost Keith.

Deb : I’m so sorry that happened. I had no idea that he was there. Thank God Lucas is okay.

Karen : Well, he’s not okay, Deb ! None of us are okay. And as far I’m concerned, the only difference between you and Jimmy Edwards is that he was successful.

Mouth : Rachel ?

Rachel : Speak softly, Mouth. I’m a little hung over.

Mouth : I believe this belongs to you. It’s you, the girl who’s gone. She used to be you.

Rachel : No. I used to be her. But I hated myself, so I had some surgery.

Mouth : Like what ?

Rachel : I had my stomach stapled and starved myself for months, and then rewarded myself with a nose job, fake breasts and a couple other things. So what ?

Mouth : I just… I can’t believe it.

Rachel : Why ? I mean, if I was born like this no one would have a problem with it. And I work hard to take care of the new me. I like the new me.

Mouth : Do you, Rachel ? Cause other than me, I don’t see you letting too many people into your life.

Rachel : Don’t judge me, Mouth. You didn’t know the old me. I have self-esteem now that I’ve never had before.

Mouth : And that’s great, but isn’t it more about what kind of person you are ? You know, what’s on the inside ?

Rachel : As far as I can tell, that’s a bunch of crap. Come on, tell me something, Mouth. If you could snap your fingers and look like Lucas, would you ? I mean, sure you would, and don’t say you wouldn’t, because you’d be lying..

Mouth : I think if I could snap my fingers and get something, it wouldn’t be about how I look. But let’s say you’re right. Should everyone who doesn’t like the way they look have surgery ?

Rachel : No, of course not. But I mean, if they do and it makes them feel good about themselves, are you gonna hold that against them ? I mean, look, Mouth, the choices I made were extreme. The surgeries were expensive and painful, and they came with serious risks. But now, Brooke’s gonna out me, and everyone’s gonna look at me like I’m some kind of Frankenstein.

Mouth : You don’t know that. I don’t feel that way.

Rachel : Really ? I can look at your face and tell that you already see me differently. This is who I am now. The girl’s dead.
Cooper : I thought this game was more exciting.+

Lucas : Coop, I heard you were in town.

Cooper : How you doing ? I knew I’d find you here. You know, whenever I do my big thinking, I mostly find myself at an empty racetrack. I think the silence clears my head.

Lucas : Me, too. So, when does the circuit start back up, huh ?

Cooper : For the drivers ? Three weeks. For me, it doesn’t. I blew my ride.

Lucas : What happened ?

Cooper : Well, for one thing, I let my nephew crash a racecar into the wall, then things got a little dark from there.

Lucas : Sorry.

Cooper : Yeah. You know, when they told me I couldn’t drive, I thought my life was over. Racing was all that I had, you know, it was who I was. But then the next day, the sun came up, the world kept turning, and I was gonna be okay. You know ? It took me a while, but I finally realized that even if I never get to race again, I know, I can be happy. Nathan told me about the game, man.

Lucas : I’ll get it back.

Cooper : I hope you do. But if for some reason you don’t, you’re gonna be okay. It’s not what you do in life that matters, Luke, it’s about who you are.

Nathan : I’m so glad you’re happy.

Haley : I am happy. It is everything that I dreamed it would be. And I’m… I’ m just so happy to be renewing my vows with you. Thank you for this. It’s so beautiful.

Nathan : There is one catch.

Haley : What ?

Nathan : Well, the church will only allow us to have the wedding on their grounds if we agree to take their pre-marital counselling class, even though, technically, we’re post-marital.

Haley : Okay, well, what is that ?

Nathan : We have to take a test to see if we’re compatible. And then I guess get some tips on how not to pull each other’s hair out. Sounds like the basics.

Haley : Okay, well, how hard could one test be ? I am Tutor Girl, after all. Besides, I’ll do anything I have to to marry you again.

Nathan : All right.

Peyton : Hey, Pete. I was hoping you’d call.

Bill : Actually, it’s not. It’s Bill the tour manager. Is this Peyton ?

Peyton : Yeah

Bill : Hey, Peyton. Sorry, I’m using Pete’s phone. I think we met at Tric.

Peyton : Oh, right, yeah, hi.

Bill : Hey. Well, listen, Pete wanted to call you himself, but the band’s really crazed. But he really wants to see you, so he’s gonna leave you a plane ticket at the airport.

Peyton : A plane ticket ?

Bill : To Chicago, this weekend.

Peyton : Who, I mean, that’s… That’s really, really nice. Thank you, but my dad, I mean, he’ll freak out if I tell him I’m flying to Chicago.

Bill : Yeah, Pete said you’d say that. But he said to tell you you’d really be doing him a favor because the band thinks you’re his Snuffleupagus. Anyway, if you need anything else, just call me directly. Otherwise, we’ll have a car waiting at the airport. Okay, Peyton, we’ll see you in Chicago, then. Take care.

Peyton : Okay, thank you. And can you just tell Pete that I said… that I miss him ?

Whitey : You gonna let an old man stand out here in the cold, or are you gonna ask me in ?

Karen : Suit yourself.

Whitey : Karen, I know what you’re going through. I lost the love of my life, too.

Karen : You had Camilla for a lifetime. I had Keith for a few weeks.

Whitey : Whose fault was that ? Well, I’m glad to see you’re still in there. Now, you listen to me. I said that because I know the guilt that you’re carrying around. And you’re wrong to fell it. Feeling guilty is not gonna bring Keith back.

Karen : Don’t have a right to feel bad ?

Whitey : Did you know Lucas was si broken up he couldn’t play the last game ? No, I didn’t think so. Look, Karen, you gave Keith the thing that he loved most in all the world, Lucas. He was never happier than when he was talking about you and that boy. You gave him a son for a lifetime. And you let him matter to Lucas. I know how that feels. Karen, you couldn’t have given him much more. Let the guilt fall away. Let it go.

Priest : This test will determine whether you’re really suited for each other. I know you’re both married. This is just a requirement. Okay ?

Nathan : Okay.

Haley : Come on. It’ll be fun.

Mouth : That’s the last of them.

Haley : Thanks.

Mouth : You know, when we were together during the blackout, I loved talking to you. And it didn’t matter that I couldn’t see you because, that night, it wasn’t about your looks. It was about your heart, your sense of humor, the way you saw the world. I felt like I really knew you. I actually hated it when those lights came back on.

Rachel : But now these flyers change everything, right ? I mean, now you don’t really know me.

Mouth : No. Now I’m sure I know you. Because when I saw those flyers, I realizes we were more alike than I knew. And, for a moment, it was like being back there in the dark again, just the two of us. I don’t see anything ugly in that picture, Rachel.

Rachel : Thank you. But trust me, a lot of people did. Especially me.

Mouth : Well, I guess I just want to know if you ever really let go of her, the person you uses to be. I mean, when you walk down these halls do you still feel self-conscious ? Do you hope to be accepted ? Do you worry about fitting in ? Cause I figure the old you probably worried about those things.

Rachel : Yes, Mouth. I still feel that way. There’s not a surgery to fix that yet.

Mouth : You know, you’re really beautiful now, Rachel. But I just want you to know, I could have loved the girl in that picture.

Rachel : I wish she could have met you.

Lucas : Coach ? Basketball has always been a huge part of who I am. And I’ve been thinking a lot about it. But unless somebody can tell me why this game matters right now, I don’t think I can play.

Whitey (smile) : You know, every time we take this court, we come in under that old, faded banner up there, that says, “Home of the Monarchs.” Anybody know who the Monarchs were ?

Basket player : The Monarchs were the best basketball team in the state back in the ‘50s.

Whitey : Yeah, some people say they were. They were never in the record books. Because the Monarchs were an all-black team. Back in those days, when I was your age, blacks and whites weren’t allowed to play this game together. I was on the best team in the state. But we all knew there was another one. The Monarchs. One night, both teams snuck in here, looked the door, and squared off. They were good. Oh, they were damn good. We played four games. They got their sh*ts, we got ours. And then something magical happened. Something that none of us could have anticipated. Something that had never happened in this state before. We decided to mix the teams. Their captain and our captain started picking players. As is turned out, I was next to the last one picked. Their captain looked me in the eye and said, “I’ll take Whitey.” And it stuck. That’s how I got my nickname. Well, that night changed all our lives. We were no longer black players or white players. We were just players. We shut out the world and played. Together. We played a game that we loved. And that night; that game changed everything. I haven’t been the same since. You want me to tell you that this game matters ? I promise you, son, it does matter. Let the game heal you, Lucas. Come back too us, son.

Peyton : Brooke, are you awake ?

Brooke : Honey, how could I possibly be sleeping with you thinking so loudly ? What’s the matter, Peyton ?

Peyton : Pete. HE wants to me to fly to Chicago tomorrow night. He left me a ticket.

Brooke : Then why are we still talking about this ? If you don’t get on that plane, we are no longer friends.

Peyton : Brooke, I can’t do this again. Why is it that every guy that I like always has to leave ? It’s not fair.

Brooke : Then you have no choice. You have to go.

Peyton : Why ?

Brooke : Let’s see, because he’s cute and he’s a rock star, and you love music. And he’s nice to you. And if you go, you’ll have a great time and maybe you’ll fall in love, and if you don’t, you’re gonna look back on this in 20 years and wonder, “What if?”

Peyton : I already have my what ifs.

Brooke : Well, maybe this time you can have something more.

Priest : I’m sorry, I don’t quite know how to tell you this, but you failed.

Haley : You’re kidding.

Priest : I’m sorry, no. According to the test, the two of you are highly incompatible.

Haley (surprise) : I’ve never actually failed a test before.

Nathan : Father, can I ask you a question ? When you decided you wanted to be a priest, how did you know it was the right thing to do ?

Priest : I had a devout belief in God.

Nathan : Can you prove that to us ? With some sort of a test, I mean ?

Priest : Of courses not.

Nathan : Just like you can’t prove love with a test. I mean, this is just a score on a sheet of paper. Sure, Haley and I have our differences, but this test doesn’t show how hard we’ve worked to keep this relationship together. Or that I can’t stand it when we’re apart. Or that every time I look at her, I know that I’m going to be with her for the rest of my life. We love each other, father. No test is gonna show that.

Priest : Let me see that test. Thanks for passing the real test. I’m sure we’ll have a wonderful ceremony.

Nathan : Thank you.

Priest : Congratulations.

Haley : Thank You.

Customer : Thank You.

Deb : Hey, Lucas.

Lucas : Hey. Deb, it’s so good to see you. Are you sure you can handle all this ?

Deb : Karen’s my partner, and God knows she’s picked up the slack for me a time or two. It’s the least I could do. But to be honest, it’ll be a full-blown miracle if the register balances.

Lucas : Thanks for helping my mom out. It means a lot. So how is it being back, with Dan and all ?

Deb : Well, Cooper is staying with me. It feels safe to have family around. And so far, Dan is keeping his distance, so… It’ll be okay. You know, when Nathan wrecked that car, I didn’t speak to Cooper for months. I mean, I knew it wasn’t really his fault, but somehow I blamed him anyway. Losing your child is every mother’s biggest fear. Nothing even comes close. For your mom to get better, she’s really gonna have to lean on you, Lucas. So, whatever you do, just make sure to take care of yourself. You have to, for your mother’s sake.

Whitey : We’re gonna be set up here, and you’re gonna have to start out pressing these guys real hard.

Nathan : So, you’re gonna have Daniels starting opposite…

Lucas : Coach, you got a sec ?

Whitey : Oh, yeah, sit down.

Lucas : You need to hear this, too, Nate. I can’t play tonight. I have a heart condition. I have HCM, and I haven’t been taking my medication, so that I wouldn’tt slow down my game. And if I play, I could die. I know how selfish I’ve been. I just didn’t want to leave the game behind. Because the game did change my life. Just like yours. And it’s gonna be hard to let it go.

Nathan : The game can only change you if you have a life to change, right ?

Whitey : I know how hard this conversation must be for you, Lucas.

Lucas : No. The next conversation I have is gonna be the hard one.

Brooke : Nice picture. When are you going to get over Jabba the Slutso we can go back to being friends ?

Mouth : You know, Brooke, you got Rachel all wrong. She’s not a bad person. And what you’re doing to her is cruel.

Brooke : But I’m not. You know me, Mouth. And as scrumptious as it sounds, I could never go through with Operation Fat Rachel. I’m just playing around.

Mouth : Well, that’s good, Brooke. Because you better get used to Rachel being around. She’s great person, and deep down she has a big heart. I like her. A lot.

Brooke : Look, I know she says she’s into you but just please be careful. You know a leopard doesn’t change its spots.

Mouth : Actually, she did change her spots. I just hope her heart’s the same.

Larry : Hey. I hope I didn’t completely freak out Fall Out Boy. Have you heard from him ?

Peyton : Maybe.

Larry : Oh, a woman of mystery. Must’ve gotten that from your mother. You didn’t get it from me. You know I trust you, right ?

Peyton : Yeah.

Larry : Good. Just promise me one thing. Promise me that when you pick the boy you’re really gonna be with that he’ll be someone who respects you and treats you well. And it’s someone who makes your heart race. And that he’s someone who you love because of what he is, not what he does. Because that’s how I felt about your mother, and that’s how I want you to feel one day. Use your head and follow your heart.

Haley : 46 points ? That’s like really good, isn’t it ?

Nathan : it’s not bad.

Haley : Well, you were amazing.

Nathan : Thank you.

Haley : Where was Luke tonight ?

Nathan : Lucas has a heart condition, Hales.

Haley : Don’t be mad at me, I kind of already knew about his HCM. He made me promise not to tell anybody. Sorry. Isn’t he taking his medication ?

Nathan : No.

Haley : Great, so he lied to me.

Nathan : Well, I think he lied to everyone, including himself.

Haley : Is he gonna be okay ?

Nathan : Yeah. We’re all gonna make sure he’s okay. I promise.

Haley : Thank you for being such an amazing guy. And thank you for having the right answer with that priest the other day. God, for a minute there I thought we weren’t gonna get our big wedding.

Nathan : You know, we don’t still have to do that if you don’t wan to.

Haley : No. I really want to. I’ve just been trying to think of a way to make the day really memorable and I had an idea. You ready ?

Nathan : Yeah.

Haley : Okay. What if we don’t have sex until we get married again ? Do you still love me ?

Nathan : What, are you kidding ?

Haley : … nnn

Nathan : Yeah, okay. But does that mean that I can’t still kiss you like this ?

Haley : No.

Nathan : Or like this ?

Haley : Okay, maybe we’ll just start on the no-sex thing tomorrow night. You know, that’s fine.

Lucas : Mom ? I know that you’re hurting now more than ever, and I don’t want to make that worse, but I need to tell you something. I lied to you about my heart condition. I have HCM. I need you. I need you now more than ever.

Rachel : Mouth ? What are you doing here ?

Mouth : you said that you wished the girl in that picture had met me. I just thought maybe she still might have…

Cooper : Hey, babe, what are you doing ? You got flowers. Who are they from ?

Mouth : They’re… They’re from you.

Karen : I’m gonna need a lot of help.

Deb : Good. Cause you’re gonna get it.

The END