03x22 - The Show Must Go On

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

03x22 - The Show Must Go On

Post by bunniefuu »

Episode Vo 322We see flowers in the water.

Lucas’s voice: At this moment there are six billons, 502 million, 867 120 people in the world (there are noise of a car’s accident) … give or take a few! ( and we can see the bracelet of Haley) And sometimes, all you need is one. For better or for worse.

We see Haley in her wedding’s dress, she’s in the water and we heard her

Nathan get up : he have do a nightmare ! (is really upset)

River court Nathan joins Lucas

Nathan: How long you been out here ?

Lucas: A couple hours. Sometimes, I come out here when I can’t sleep.

Nathan: You miss it ? ( about basket)

Lucas: Every day, … so what’s up ?

Nathan: I had this messed up dream last night. Haley was drawing and I couldn’t save her. Of course Haley insist that we don’t see each other until the wedding, even though we’re married. Maybe I should just go see her.

Lucas: I’ll tell you what, I’ll go check on her for you, how’s that ?

Nathan: Well, tell her t stay away from the water, okay, no swimming or anything !

Lucas: Nathan, it’s your wedding day. Again! It’s gonna be a great day.

Nathan: Thanks. (Lucas go away, Nathan stay alone)

In front of Keith’s tomb, Deb joins Dan.

Dan: You’re closer than 100 feet.

Deb: Just paying my respects.

Dan: You know, everyone think of Keith as the perfect guy but they’re wrong.

Deb: No, they’re not, Dan. Keith is a hero. ( she go away)

Dan: He tried to k*ll me. That’s right. He’s the on who tried to burn me in the dealership fire. So I guess the hero got what was coming to him, after all. (Dan goes away)

Karen’s house.

Haley: Knock, knock! Oh hi!

Karen: Hey! How is the bride-to-be again?

Haley: Oh, good.

Karen: Well, I’m afraid you’ve missed the boys They were gone pretty early

Haley: Oh, that’s okay. I wanted to see you, actually. I have a question for you.

Karen: Okay.

Haley: I know you and Keith were engaged, and it breaks my heart.

Karen: I know, I know.

Haley: Sorry, okay. Brooke, Brooke mades me this dress and it is out oh the material that she ordered for your wedding dress, and I just wanted to ask you if it was okay if I wore it, and if it’s not, that’s fine she made an other one that I can wear…

Karen: I’m so proud of you, Haley. Have I told you that lately? You have got a wonderful soul, Haley James Scott, and you’re gonna make a beautiful bride in that dress!

Haley: Oh, thank you. (Karen and Haley intertwine)

Peyton’s room, Brooke comes.

Peyton: Hi, where’d you sleep?

Brooke: My car. See, I had this horrible dream last night, that my best friend told me she had feelings for my boyfriend! But that wasn’t a dream, was it? ( She pack her one’s bags)

Peyton: Brooke…

Brooke: Why now Peyton? Why do you tell me you have feelings for Lucas, now? When I have so much going on in my life, stuff that you don’t even know about.

Peyton: Well,… so do I, okay? Trust me. But I didn’t wish for this, all right? I wished for Jake

Brooke: Oh right! You wished for Jake, after you wished Pete and then Lucas! I can not believe this is happening again.

Peyton: It’s not, okay? It’s not, it’s just okay, the last time…

Brooke: The last time?! Do you hear yourself right now? The last time you tried to steal my boyfriend? He’s on the door, Peyton. (she show the door to Peyton) He’s on the damn door under me!

Peyton: I don’t wanna steal him, okay.

Brooke: But you like him?

Peyton: Brooke, I’m not gonna do anything about it okay? I’ll just bury it.

Brooke: You can’t. It’s out. It’s like the time capsule. And you could’ve buried it and not said anything to me. So what s that about?

Peyton: I don’t know, all right? I just … I wanted to be honest with you all riht? I don’t wanna make the same mistake. I did the last time. And you know what? You even said last night at Tric, that you really didn’t miss him! (Brooke slaps her)

Brooke: Don’t you dare. Don’t you dare twist my words around to make yourself feel like you are a backstabbing, two-faced bitch, Peyton, because you are, and you know it!

Brooke leaves the room with her bags.

Wedding reception’s place. Brooke put the name on the tables. Lucas joins her.

Lucas: Hey pretty girl.

Brooke: Hey.

Lucas: What’s going on?

Brooke: Nothing.

Lucas: Come on. Nobody loves a wedding more than Brooke Davis. What’s up?

Brooke: I’d just appreciate if you wouldn’t talk to Peyton today.

Lucas: You’re kidding, right? This is a wedding. We’re all in the wedding party. We’re all friends here, Brooke!

Brooke: You know, could you do me a favour, just once, and put me above your precious Peyton and do something that I ask you to do? Thanks!

Lucas: Woah. What’s happened?

Brooke: We had a fight. And I’m stressed out about my speech and Haley’s dress, and I’m late. I’m late to get ready, and I’m sorry.

Lucas: Come here. (he intertwine her) It’s okay.

Brooke look at him.

Brooke: You look nice. (she goes away)

Lucas: (alone) Weddings!

I n the car, Nathan is between his parents. Nobody speak.

Reception’s room Rachel change her name on the table. Cooper joins her.

Cooper: Rachel.

Rachel: You look almost as hot as me!

Cooper: Listen to me, you gotta stop calling me. I told you we couldn’t see each other anymore. And before you left that morning, I think I made myself perfectly dear.

Rachel: Yeah, but the night before that you weren’t so dear. In fact, if I remember right I think you weren’t so clear 3 times!

Cooper: You’re 17.

Rachel: Yeah. And I was 17 that night, too. And all the other nights.

Cooper: Okay, listen to me. I’m sorry, okay? I made mistake. But this is Nathan and Haley’s day. Now, I promise you we’ll talk about this later, but do not make this ugly for them.

Rachel: I wouldn’t think of it. (She’s gones)

Ext. Lucas try to do his tie, Dan joins him.

Dan: Need a hand?

Lucas: No, I’m okay. Thanks.

Dan: It’s just a tie, Lucas. Come on, let me see. ( he do his tie) So, how’s life without basketball?

Lucas: It’s better than life without Keith. (Silence)

Dan: Okay, let’s see. (about the tie)

Karen and Deb see them.

Deb: Dan thinks it was Keith. The fire. I just found out this morning. I’m sorry, Karen. It’s nit fair to Keith memory. It’s not fair to you.

Karen: Yes, it’s not fair to Keith. But Dan’s need for revenge was buried with brother. He’s not gonna be coming after you, or anybody else.

Deb: Maybe so, but in a way, that makes me feel weaker than ever.

Nathan look at fountain and hear a car accident and see Haley in the water, she call him. “Nathan!”

Lucas: Nathan? You okay?

Nathan: Yeah. Have you checked on Haley?

Lucas: Yeah. She’s fine.

Nathan: ‘Cause she should be here by now. Can you call her?

Lucas: Nathan!

Nathan: Please, just do it!

Lucas: Okay, all right. All right! (he takes his phone and call Haley) Hey, Haley you all right?

Nathan: Something’s wrong, man.

Haley: Hey, what’s up? (Lucas gives the phone to Nathan)

Nathan: Hey, it’s me. Is everything okay?

Haley: Fine, soon to-be-husband, again, why?

Nathan: I just… I just wanted to hear your voice, that’s all. Where are you?

Haley: I’m right here.

Haley, on wedding’s dress, is coming on barouche.

In a room, Lucas joins Haley.

Lucas: Oh, I’m sorry princess. I was looking for my friend Haley. Wow, did it really take this stuff to make you look this? ( about the staff on the table)

Haley: No! Everybody got ready in here, including Rachel and Brooke, for some reason. Hi!

Lucas: All right. (they intertwine) Wow, you really look beautiful.

Haley: Thank you.

Lucas: So, your parents really aren’t coming.

Haley: No, they… I invited them, and they said, “sorry, honey, we’ve been to your wedding once before, and it was a little boring” Anyway, I’ll just give myself away, that’s fine.

Lucas: Or, … I could do it. If you’ll have me.

Haley: Really? Luke, that would be perfect!

Lucas: Okay.

Haley: Thank you.

Lucas: But you know what, I gotta be honest with you. I could never officially give you away, you know that? I could never give away my best friends. ( he kiss her)

Ext. People take place for the ceremony.

Brooke: Hey Rachel. You look almost as hot as me.

Rachel: Sounds like something I would say. Hey Peyton!

Peyton: Hi.

Brooke: How about we go find you a good seat, friend? (they back together)

Lucas: Hey you. So, I’ve been informed to avoid you like the plague. What’s up?

Peyton: Nothing. Just… Look if Broke doesn’t want you to talk to me. Just do it, I’ll be fire. (she backs)

Lucas: Hey Peyton, you look nice.

Deb and Dan descend the alley arm top-below.

Dan: Feeling sentimental, Deb?

Deb: Feeling nauseous, actually.

Peyton and Brooke take place to their job of ladies of honor.

Peyton: (to Nathan) You had your chance!

Brooke: (to Cooper) Wanna make it a dual ceremony, Coop?

Brooke: (to Peyton): Now, I know how this dress looks on a witch..

Peyton: Go Brooke yourself!

Haley and Lucas descend they alley arm top-below. In front of Nathan, Lucas takes Haley in his arms and he shake the hand of Nathan. Haley and Nathan go to the priest.

Priest: Friends and loves ones, we are gathered here today to witness the renewal of a commitment between Nathan and Haley, to love one another unconditionally and endlessly. Nathan and Haley, there are many things I could say to the two of you today, but instead I choose to listen to the words you have for each other. Haley?

Haley: Nathan, it’s been said that there’s one word that will free us from the weight and the pain of life, and that world is love. And I believe that. That doesn’t mean that it hasn’t been hard, or that it won’t be, it just means that I’ve found a stillness and bravery in my self, with you. You make me brave. And I will love you until the end of time. This I vow today.

Priest: Nathan?

Nathan: Last year we stood on a beach, and I told you how much I loved you and how I would always, always protect you. That day, nobody believe that this would work. But I don’t think anybody understand the love that I had for you, because if they did, they would have never doubted us. So, I wanted to marry you all over again, in front of most of our world, because today, when I look into your eyes, my love for you only grows. It’s even stronger now. And our love will never waver. This I Vow to you, today and always, and forever.

Haley: Forever.

Priest: Haley on this day, do you reconfirm and rededicate yourself to the vows you promised to uphold?

Haley: (She take the ring) Oh thank you! I do. (She put the ring to Nathan’s finger)

Priest: Nathan, on this day, do you rededicate and reconfirm your commitment to the vows you promised to uphold?

Nathan: I do… And actually, I have a new ring. (He takes a ring in his pocket, and he put on Haley’s finger)

Haley: Thank you!

Priest: And now, before the eyes of God, I once again pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride.

Nathan: I love you Haley.

Haley: I love you too. (They kiss, people applaud them)

Deb and Dan stay alone.

Dan: You know, one day we’ll walk down the aisle again, Deb you’ll see.

Deb: Open your eyes, Dan. I don’t love you. I’m not coming back to you and Keith didn’ttry to k*ll you, I did. (She goes away)

Dan is alone, and we see the little Keith behind him.

Little Keith: Danny. How’s your life, little brother? (He sh**t him with his finger)

INT. Reception room.

Rachel look Cooper with a woman.

Cooper: I’m Cooper, by the way. You’re Michelle Featherstone right?

Michelle: Yes. (They shake their hands)

Cooper: That song you played was perfect. In fact, I think all your stuff is really great.

Michelle: Thank you. Thank you. I think all of your stuff is pretty great, too.

Cooper: Well, thank you.

Rachel, who see the scene is jealous and she go to the bar.

Bevin: Hey Rach!

Rachel takes Bevin’ cop and drink, and she go away.
Peyton joins Brooke.

Peyton: You gonna talk to me? Please? (Brooke cross her arms) Fine. So this is how it end a 10 years friendship that survived 2 dead moms, 3 absentee parents, shoplifting, jail time, and we can’t survive one boy?

Brooke: Not “one boy”, Peyton, MY boy.

Peyton: And he still is your boy. I told you that. Do you love him?

Brooke: You are something else. How dare you be so selfish to ask me that about my boyfriend!

Peyton: How dare I? Okay, you know what, Brooke, I didn’t want it this way. Okay, I tried tears all right? I tired a apologizing to you. I cried. And you know what you did. You slapped me, and you blew me off.

Brooke: Yeah, and you gonna be lucky if next time I don’t use my fist.

Peyton: I can’t believe you’re sipposed to be maid honor. And by the way, none of those words were, “Yes Peyton. I love him” ( she go away)

Mouth: Ladies and gentleman please stand and join me welcoming Nathan and Haley husband and wife, again.

Nathan and Haley go to the center, to dance.

Haley: What song did you pick, anyway? (the song begin) Oh, I was hopping it would be this one.

Nathan: I had a little help. (they dance together)

Ext. Keith’s tomb.

Dan see the little Keith and cry.

Int. Reception room.

Lucas and Brooke Dance together.

Lucas: So are you gonna tell me what this is about?

Brooke: Maybe you should tell me about it?

Lucas: Well, what’s that supposed to mean?

Brooke: Peyton told me some things about two of you.

Lucas: Look, Brooke, I know that you’re worried about my past with Peyton but have to understand the circumstances this time, you know? I mean, God, she was bleeding, and she thought she was gonna die. I mean, the kiss, it mean nothing. (Brooke stop to dance)

Brooke: What kiss? Do you kiss her again? ( she leaves the dance floor)

Rachel look Cooper, who are be dancing with Peyton, and the take the bottle of champagne.

In the girl’s room, Brooke search something in the bags.

Lucas: Look, Brooke, I need you to listen to me. Okay, I understand that you didn’t know about the kiss, and I’m sorry for springing it on you, but I meant what I said. I didn’t mean anything.

Brooke: A kiss always means something.

Lucas: Okay, well, maybe you’re right but it wasn’t a romantic moment. And you would know that if…

Brooke: If what, I was here? AS you so sweetly pointed out as the party, the party that I threw for you, I wasn’t there, was I?

Lucas: Is it impossible for you to forgive me? I forgave you.

Brooke: For what?

Lucas: For sleeping with Chris Keller.

Brooke: (she begin crying) And you know what, Lucas? I loved you for that. You had such grace in that moment that I felt in love with you all over again. I can’t believe that you would use it now as bargaining chip.

Lucas: No, I’m not, I’m not, I’m not. I just … I need you to trust me and believe me when I tell you that my heart is with you. But a part of me feels like ever since we got back together, you’re just been waiting, waiting to push me away.

Brooke: Oh, great. You kiss Peyton again and I’m pushing you away! God, why did I make everybody identical purses as wedding gifts?

Lucas: I love you, Brooke. I don’t know how else to say it.

Brooke: How about how you show it? I am not pushing you away Lucas. I am holding on for dear life, but. I need you to need me back. Okay, why wouldn’t you tell me about the kiss. And why won’t you ever just let me all the way in? (she cry) We have to go and give our toasts now, about love.

Lucas: Please don’t be mad, Brooke.

Brooke: I’m not mad, Lucas. I’m not mad. ( she go away)

Lucas makes a speech.

Lucas: The last time I gave a speech about Nathan and Haley was, well, at their first reception. And I remember saying, “Prepare to be surprised.” Well, I have to say, even I was surprised. Because, you see, they do something that’s very rare to see in someone our age. Actually, it’s very rare to see in anybody. They give their hearts to each other, unconditionally. And that’s what true love really is. It’s not this fairy-tale life that never knows pain, but it’s two souls facing it together, and diminishing it with unconditional love. To Nathan and Haley Scott.

People applaud. And Brooke makes a speech too.

Brooke: I’m not the most eloquent speaker, so I thought I would borrow a few words from Shakespeare. “Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds.” When life gets hard, when things change, true love remains the same. I look at Nathan and Haley and somehow I feel safer. I don’t know if I can explain that, but they give me hope. And I’m afraid to say it out loud, because maybe if life finds out, it’ll try to b*at it out of them. And that would be a shame, because we all can use a little hope sometimes, you know? That feeling that everything is gonna be okay, and that there’s gonna be someone there to help make sure of that. So here’s to Nathan and Haley. Here’s to hope. And here’s to a love that will not alter.

People applaud. Haley kisses Nathan. Karen is outside and Dan came.

Dan: I never apologized for the way I treated you and Lucas, or for the way I treated Keith. I suppose it’s too late.

Karen: I’m pregnant.

Dan approaches Karen but she’s move back. Dan approaches again and takes Karen in his arms.

Dan: I’m gonna be there for you this time, Karen. It’s gonna be okay.

Cooper takes the microphone and makes a speech.

Cooper: Hi. Excuse me, I’d like your attention for a second. I’d like to propose a toast to my knucklehead of a nephew and his beautiful bride. As most of you know, Nathan and Haley’s relationship was unexpected, mostly because Haley is classy and attractive, and Nathan is not. But here’s to Nathan and Haley, for proving to us that love is real, and genuine, and still attainable for the rest of us. Cheers, you two.

People applaud. Cooper goes to Nathan.

Nathan: Thanks, Coop, I guess.

Cooper: Love you, man.

Rachel, drunk, takes the microphone too.

Rachel: Well, well. I would like to make a toast to Cooper’s toast, about love. But wait a minute. What could Nathan and Haley possibly know about love? I mean, they’re only 17, right? Right, Cooper? You see, Cooper seems to think a 17-year-old couldn’t possibly know anything about love. Of course, you know, that didn’t stop him from having sex with me, right?

Mouth: Rachel.

Rachel: Yeah. To sex with Cooper!

Rachel puts the microphone and running outside.

Nathan: Is she serious?

Cooper: I’m so sorry. I’ll be right back. Excuse me.

Cooper runs to Rachel.

Cooper: Hey, Rachel, come on!

Rachel goes up into the car.

Cooper: Rachel! No, no, no! Hey, bad idea! Hey!

Rachel starts and Cooper and Rachel go up into the car too.

Cooper: Rachel, stop the car. Damn it, Rachel, stop the car!

Rachel stops the car and Cooper gets out the car.

Cooper: You trying to k*ll me? What is your problem? First, you ruin the reception, you steal the limousine, and you drive drunk! Are you out of your mind?

Rachel: I must be, to fall in love with you!

Cooper: Look, I’m sorry, Rachel, okay? I made a mistake when we slept together, and it wasn’t just because you’re 17. Hell, even when I thought you were older, I wasn’t looking to get serious. I’m sorry, I mean, that sounds harsh, but you even said, “We’re just having fun, Coop.” Remember?

Rachel: I lied. I’m so stupid.

Cooper: Hey, don’t...Don’t do that.

Rachel: I thought you liked me.

Cooper: I did, Rachel. I liked you.

Rachel: Right. “Liked.”

Cooper: Look, let me take you home. Okay?

Rachel: No. I left all my stuff at the reception. My purse, my keys...

Cooper: That’s fine. That’s great, you know what? We’ll take the limousine back to the reception, and we’ll pretend like none of this ever happened. All right? Let’s go.

Cooper goes to the car.

At the reception, Nathan and Haley arrive outside where people wait them.

Lucas: So, there was a slight mix-up.

Haley: Sweet. I’m driving.

Nathan: No way! Hey, we’ll leave the car at the airport.

Lucas: All right.

Haley: We’re going to London for a few days.

Lucas: Why? Doesn’t it always rain there?

Nathan: Oh, yeah. You in?

Haley: Thanks you, guys,, for coming. We love you!

People applaud and Nathan and Haley go away. Brooke joins Mouth.

Brooke: Hey, buddy. It looks like Rachel took the limo with Cooper. I’m sorry.

Mouth: Yeah. Me, too.

Mouth goes and Lucas joins Brooke.

Lucas: I guess we never finished that conversation.

Brooke: Dance with me.

Brooke takes Lucas hand and they’re going on the dance floor.

Brooke: Didn’t you miss me while you were away?

Lucas: Every day. I was just angry and upset about Keith, and I just needed to be alone, but that doesn’t mean that I didn’t miss you, Brooke, because I did.

Brooke: I needed to hear you voice. There’s just so much stuff going on with me.

Lucas: What kind of stuff?

Brooke doesn’t answer and kisses him.

Nathan and Haley are in the car.

Nathan: I just got that feeling, that stillness I used to feel before dawn, that feeling that the world could be perfect.

Haley: Yeah, I feel it, too.

Haley put the bracelet around Nathan’s wrist.

Haley: Don’t say I never gave you anything.

At the reception, Lucas is sitting on a chair and Peyton joins him.

Peyton: Then there were two. Sorry about today, and all the drama.

Lucas: Peyton? I accidentally told Brooke about the library, the kiss.

Karen: Luke? Hi. Are you going home with Brooke, or with me?

Lucas: With you. Brooke left. I’m sorry.

Lucas stands up.

Karen: You and Brooke okay?

Lucas: Yeah. She’s just going through some stuff.

Karen: Well, listen, could you grab my wrap and my purse?

Lucas: Yeah, sure. I’ll drive.

Lucas find a pregnancy test.

Lucas: Hey, Ma? Are you pregnant?

Karen: Yes, I am. That’s not my purse. Oh, you know, maybe Brooke took the wrong...Brooke?

Peyton’s bedroom. Brooke packs one’s bag.

Peyton: Brooke, don’t go, please.

Brooke: I don’t want to, but I have to.

Peyton: Okay, all right, look. Just stop, all right? What do I have to do to fix this? Brooke, I’ll do anything. Just...I don’t want you to go.

Brooke: You know, you asked me earlier today if I love Lucas, and I have your answer. But you don’t deserve to hear it.

Peyton: Brooke.

Brooke: No. I want you to understand something. As far as I’m concerned, this friendship is over. And if we never speak again for the rest of our lives, that’ll be fine. I gave you a second chance, Peyton, and you blew it.

Rachel is crying in the limo and Cooper is driving.

Rachel: Is there anything I was Say to keep you, Cooper?

Cooper: No, sorry, Rachel, there’s not.

Rachel: That’s too bad, because there’s something I have to tell you.

In the car of Nathan and Haley.

Haley: Oh, I left my purse! It’s got everything in it, the plane tickets, everything. We have to go back.

Nathan: No, hold on, it’s okay. I’ll just have Lucas meet us. Hey, Luke. Hey, man, Haley left her purse and a bunch of stuff at the reception, could you bring that to us?

Haley: It’s in the anteroom.

Nathan: Oh. Oh, okay. All right, well, we’re coming up on the Molina Bridge right now, so, I guess we’ll just pull over and wait for you. All right. Thanks, man. Bye. Done. He already had the purse in his car.

Haley: You’re good in a crisis.

Nathan: I don’t know about that.

Haley: No, you are. Good thing, too, especially since I have something I have to tell you.

In the limo with Rachel and Cooper.

Cooper: I don’t believe you.

Rachel: Pull over.

Cooper: Hell, no. I’m not letting you out until we talk about this.

Rachel: I said, pull over!

Cooper: No! We’re gonna talk about this...

Rachel: I said, pull over!

Cooper: I’m not pulling the car...

Rachel takes the steeling wheel.

Cooper: What are you doing?

The car of Nathan and Haley arrived in front of the limo.

Haley: Look out!

Nathan stops the car but the limo fall down of the bridge, in the water. Nathan and Haley get out the car.

Nathan: That was Cooper. Cooper!

Haley: Cooper!

Nathan: Haley, call 911.

Haley: Nathan, don’t.

Nathan: I love you.

Haley: Nathan!

Nathan dives.

Haley: Nathan! Nathan, don’t!

Nathan is trying to open the limo.

Dan comes back in his home and in his wall is written “m*rder*r”.

Peyton burns one of her draw.

Lucas drives and Karen are next to him.

On the bridge.

Haley: Nathan! Cooper! Anybody, please help!

Lucas (v.o) : William Shakespeare wrote...

Haley: Nathan!

Lucas (v.o): “...Love is no love which alters when it alteration finds...”

Haley: Help me!

Lucas (v.o) : “...it is an ever-fixed mark That looks on tempests and is never shaken”

Nathan: Oh, God, help me! Haley!

Haley: Nathan! Cooper!

Lucas (v.o): “...Love alters not with time’s brief hours and weeks...”

Haley: Help! Somebody, please help!

Lucas (v.o) : “...But bears it out...”

Haley: Help me!

Lucas (v.o) : “...even to the edge of doom.”

THE END