04x13 - Pictures of You

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

04x13 - Pictures of You

Post by bunniefuu »

One tree hill season 4 episode 13

Pictures of you

Lucas: Do you ever wonder how long it takes to change your life? What measure of time is enough to be life altering? Is it four years like high school? One year? An eight-week rock tour? Can your life change in a month, or a week, or a single day? We're always in a hurry, to grow up, to go places, to get ahead. But when you're young, one hour can change everything.

Karl: How are we doing this mornig seniors? Did anyone wake up with their clothes on from the night before still drunk with strange big hangover? Anyone? Well I guess that was just me. Actually last night was UNO night at my house, and it was a blood bath but I cannot discuss it with you right now, so we won't. But let me ask you guys a question: does today's class really matter? Or is it just a fifty-minute requirement designed to get your grades so you can go on to college or a job and the rest of your lives, anyone?

Brooke: If we say yes, can we have the grade and go on with the rest of our lives?

Karl: Mouth, using one word describe how your classmates see you.

Mouth: Ugh, awesome?

Lucas: Yep!

Karl: Ok. Let's say that there are five universal terms to describe everyone in high school, okay? Let's say jock, prom queen, geek, loaner, and ...?

Brooke: Slut?

Karl: Okay, considering that awesome is not a category, Shelly Simon, describe Mouth in one word.

Shelly: I don't really know him, but, nice, I guess.

Karl: Nice. I suppose we could find 'nice' under friendly, but since friendly doesn't mean friendly that would make Mouth a slut. You have four other choices.

Shelly: Geek I guess.

Karl: Geek? You're joining the club Mouth. Okay, class, Nathan five choices?

Everyone: Jock.

Karl: Lucas?

Everyone: Jock.

Karl: Brooke?

Everyone: Prom queen.

Karl: Rachel?

Everyone: Friendly!

Rachel: Hey!

Karl: Peyton?

Everyone: Prom queen.

Peyton: Oh come on I am so a loaner!

Glenda: Right, a loaner cheerleader who's dating a jock. No offence but I'm a loaner, you're a prom queen.

Karl: Like it or not, you are who you classmates see you as. But here's the good news: that's gonna change soon. Because prett y soon you're gonna be going out into that big, wild world and you can erase all those [...]. Now for some of you shading this image is gonna be a great thing. And for some of you, not such a great thing. But what matters is that you know who you really are. And you know how you want the world to see you. Well, you've been together for what? For four years? Haley? What's Lucas' middle name?

Haley: Eugene. Ohh, I'm sorry I'm so sorry.

Karl: Lucas what's Glenda's last name?

Lucas: I don't know. Sorry.

Karl: Okay everyone on this side of the room I want you to write your name on a piece of paper and put it in Nathan's cap. Okay, hurry up. Everyone on this side of the room is gonna draw a name. And the name that you draw will be the person that you will spend the rest of the class with. Maybe we'll find out if fifty minutes can matter. Okay pass the hat around. Shelly who do you have?

Shelly: Mouth.

Karl: Karma's a funny thing isn't it? Haley?

Haley: Skills...ington.

Karl: Rachel?

Rachel: Bevin.

Karl: Glenda?

Glenda: Gotta love karma... Lucas.

Karl: Nora?

Nora: Oh, I have Noriah.

Karl: Emma?

Emma: I've got Zach.

Karl: Michael?

Micheal: I got Fedde.

Karl: Brooke?

Brokke: I have Chase.

Karl: Peyton?

Peyton: I have... Nathan.

Karl: Okay here's the deal, everyone pair up, you can leave the class but not the campus. At the door you'l find a camera, I want each of you, at the end of the class to take a picture of your partner. This picture represents how you see them. That picture is going into the year book for the rest of time. Now for some of you this is an opportunity to reinvent youself starting today.

Brooke: Do we have to reinvent ouselves, cause I think most of my friends see me as fabulous!

Karl: Maybe so. But my friend Mr Miller sees you as the girl who's failing calculus. Okay everyone go and get a camera and get out of here. Oh wait one more thing, with the cameras a list of instructions at the end of the class I want you to tell me what you learnt about your partner. You have fifty minutes, go.

Mouth: Well I guess you're stuck with the geek.

Skills: Okay Haley J.S. Let me make a deal with you, as long as you don't give birth early, we're good.

Bevin: I don't get it.

Lucas: I'm Lucas...

Glenda: Scott. Right. At least i know your last name.

Nathan: This is kinda like the Boy Trade, actually we won't be kissing and the partial nudity.

Peyton: The hour is still young.

Brooke: So about this whole calculus thing...

Lucas: Glenda! Glenda. I'm sorry about not knowing your name. Can we just do the assignment? Look the first thing on the list it's huh... 'share something personal with your partner'.

Glenda: Farell, my last name's Farell. Is that personal enough for you?

Brooke: Will you just listen to me please?

Chase: So what? You accidently forgot to tell me that you were failing calculus when you started tutoring me... in calculus. How did you get that A I saw on your test anyway?

Brooke: It's complicated trust me.

Chase: Trust you... I already did that. And now I find that my tutor is doing worse in calculus than I.

Brooke: It's a long story okay?

Chase: Well don't tell me other story Brooke! Tell me the truth. Or is that even possible for you to do?

Brooke: Okay. Come on.

Mouth: You know you shouldn't judge people like that. You called me a geek!

Shelly: It was the only category that fit. I called you nice first.

Mouth: Well how do you know I'm nice? Maybe I'm not nice.

Shelly: I can see that.

Mouth: We're supposed to tell each other something personal. Like... huh... my middle name is Leonardo, after my grandpa Leo. I guess that's kinda geeky.

Shelly: Wow you really got personal there.

Mouth: Well it's not like you're gonna tell me anything real either right? It's just an assignment.

Shelly: Before I started Clean Teens, I was in a serious relationship with this guy I met at summer camp. I was pretty intense. And then, we couldn't see each other for the rest of the summer. My parents, they wouldn't let me talk to him or... anything. But I knew I'd see him when we'd got back to school on the fall. And, the night before we got back I couldn't sleep. This is the spot I was standing at when I finally saw him again... with his new girlfriend. He looked at me, you know, he looked right at me, and then he just walked away, without a word. It was just over. That's the moment I thought of Clean Teens. Like you said, it's not like I'm actually gonna tell you anything real.

Haley: Okay pregant girl on the roof!

Skills: Come on, [...] we had a deel, no early delivers!

Haley: Right!

Skills: Now check it out you're gonna love this view, it's the [...]

Haley: Wow, this view really is the [...].

Skills: You see that factory way out there? I might possibly work in this [...] graduate in Tree Hill. Six days a week on [...]. So we're supposed to tell each other something personal right?

Haley: Yeah.

Skills: Ok, well, here's mine. There's a job waiting for me in that place, if I don't get a scholarship to college.

Haley: It's not gonna happen Skills. I can feel it!

Skills: I'm glad you're so sure.

Haley: NO, the baby's kiking I can feel it! Here!

Skills: It's like a step show.

Haley: Something personal right?

Skills: Yeah!

Peyton: So I guess I was right about the partial nudity thing. Boys lockroom?

Nathan: Just following the assignment.

Peyton: Ok.

Nathan: You see this [...]? The summer I decided t really dedicate myself to basketball, my dad said I was way too skinny to ever be a great player. He said I wasn't tough enough, that I wasn't stong enough. So to prove him wrong, I spent every single day in this training room. It was like a thousand degrees in it, but I wasn't gonna let him be right.

Peyton: Anger's motivation.

Nathan: Anger and inspiration. Everytime I benched another ten pounds, I scratched two letters, under the plate.

Peyton: What does it say? PS?

Nathan: It was the same summer we started dating. We were pretty good together weren't we?

Peyton: Gimme your hand. Ok, I want you to feel this.

Nathan: Geez what happened?

Peyton: I broke that neckle punching something after we've broken up for like the twentieth time! We were horrible together!

Nathan: Yeah, I know, I was kinda hoping you forgot.

Peyton: No.

Bevin: Ok so I don't get it. We're supposed to do these stuff on the list and then take a picture for the year book.

Rachel: That's the plan!

Bevin: Well I already took my photo for the year book, and my hair looked really pretty that day.

Rachel: It's not that kind of photo... and anyway it doesn't matter because this assignment makes me wanna get high.

Bevin: Seriously.

Rachel: You're not listening, see: this assignment makes me wanna get high.

Brooke: I got a copy of the key and I stole the test.

Chase: It's great Brooke, anything else?

Brooke: I don't really believe in Clean Teens I just stayed in it because of you. That's the one thing I was really truthful about: my feelings for you.

Chase: Well it doesn't matter now does it?

Mouth: Anyone for starting over?

Shelly: Hey. I'm sorry about judging you. You seem like a really nice guy.

Mouth: Ok you gotta stop saying that!

Shelly: Why?

Mouth: Because that's part of the problem! I hate being the nice guy, the little brother, the great friend. For just once, I'd like to be a little dangerous you know. Not so safe.

Shelly: Yeah.

Mouth: So, what's next on the list?

Shelly: Ok: lighten up. Do an impression of a celebrity or a famous character.

Mouth: This is gonna be awesome baby! He's a [...], a [...] magician! It's d*ck Vitale. He's a sports annoucer. He's really famous.

Lucas: You seem so familiar love. Have I threatened you before? I'm captain Jack Sparrow.

Haley: So my sister Mary Kate was like: Ashley, you really need to eat something.

Lucas: Merry Christmas you [...]!

Nathan: I like you, do you like me?

Peyton: I like sexytime expl*si*n!

Haley: I'm sorry Dawson, it's just, I love Pacey.

Brooke: Happy Birthday Mister President.

Haley: Say hello to my little friend!

Nathan: My wife, she's very nice. Hi 5!

Lucas: My precious, oh my precious gotta keep it from the hobbitses, oh the hobbitses!

Glenda: You do a really good Elmo.

Shelly: Admit something that worries you or something you're afraid of.

Mouth: You.

Shelly: Me? Why?

Mouth: Because you're really pretty. And it's kinda intimidating.

Nathan: I walked a hundred times in the gim, thousands of fans screaming at me, taunting me, I never flinched. I just take it all and [...]. No fear. But the thought of being a father scares the hell out of me.

Haley: I love the idea of being a mom. I really do. But, I just, I still wanna leave my mark on this world.

Skills: That what scares you? Not having the chance to do that?

Haley: Yeah, a little. And clowns. Clowns really scare me.

Bevin: What are you afraid of Rachel? Rachel?

Rachel: I'm afraid, I'm way too high to care.

Brooke: I was worried I wouldn't be enough for you. That's why I lied. That's what I'm afraid of. Not being enough. Not good enough, not smart enough, not pretty enough, not...

Chase: Brooke, you're the student council president, captain of the Cheerleaders and probably one of the most popular girls of the school! How is that not good enough?

Brooke: I don't know you should ask my parents, considering they haven't called in a month. A month and a half, actually. Not a single call, or texto, or email so what do you suppose that says about me?

Chase: I think it says more about your parents.

Brooke: You haven't told me what you're afraid of.

Glenda: I'm afraid of my mom.

Lucas: Come on, is she really that bad?

Glenda: You see these diamond earings? I can only wear them at school because I stole them from her.

Lucas: Why?

Glenda: Because she loves them more than me. How about you?

Lucas: I'm k*lling two birds in one stone. Something personal and something I'm afraid of. This is the first draft to a novel I'm writting. This is the personal part.

Glenda: Who knew?

Lucas: No one.

Glenda: How come?

Lucas: My first dream was to play professional basketball, I already gave that up. You're holding my second dream. If this thing sucks it's gonna be kinda hard to find a third one.

Bevin: Ok, where do you plan to be in ten years?

Rachel: In ten years, I plan to be twenty eight.

Bevin: Not at this rate.

Brooke: I want my fashionline to be hugely successful.

Chase: I'd like to be a pilot. I always wanted to fly. Shat off to far away places.

Brooke: Milan.

Chase: Why not? That or be an X Game champion. That would make Clean Teens a bad ass!
Nathan: Oh I hope in ten years, Haley's got a bunch of platine albums, my dad learnt how to be a great grandparent, my mom's alive and sober and hopefully my son will have a kickass of a drible!

Peyton: Ok, but the question is about you duffus! Where do you plan to be in ten years?

Natan: I know, but if everbody else's dreams come true, then, I'll be fine.

Peyton: Nate, I think it's great that you take care of Haley, and that you're worried about your family, but if you don't start putting yourself first every once in a while, and chasing your own dream, then, I'm scared you're gonna wake up one day, and have to wonder what could have been, like Dan. Don't be haunted like that Nate.

Skills: You know basketball is global now right? I mean, everybody thinks being a pro is just NBA. Me I'd be happy just playing backetball oversea somewhere. So we [...] on a world tour, we'll remember this day and [...] a laugh about it.

Haley: Ohhh man, I'd love to play music for living, but, if that doesn't happen I'll also be happy.

Skills: Yeah? Doing what?

Shelly: You know I don't know yet. But, whatever it is it's gonna be ok because I'll have a great group of friends, that I can laugh with and a few secret comforts that keep me sain, like I want a grey big [...] cat that greets me when I come home. And a boy, that I'm in love with. Yeah, in ten years I'm definitely in love.

Lucas: Oh if I don't make it as a writter I can at least come back here and coach the Ravens. I mean Whitey's retired, my mom's here, and besides I love this place.

Glenda: Not me. I can't wait to get out of here. I'm going as far away as I can get, and I'm gonna try to forget this place ever existed.

Haley: I never thought about teaching until now but, I thing I could be really happy doing that. When I tutor someone, and I watch them get it like that light goes on, it just feels really good. Anyway.

Skills: So look we got one more thing to do, before we take our pictures. Tell your partner a secret. This one will do some damages.

Brooke: Rachel bet me that I couldn't sleep with you within three dates.

Chase: Well.

Brooke: But I need you to know something. I would have never ever asked you to compromise what you believe in or try to presure you out of it. That's the truth. And I just need you to know it.

Even though I kno I don't have a chance with you now.

Chase: Is that it? No more secrets?

Brooke: That's it. I promise.

Chase: Well here's one more. You are enough Brooke. And if I just get you to quit lying, I think i'm gonna like the real you. But shhhh, don't tell anyone. It's a secret.

Rachel: What time is it? It feels like we've been in here for ever.

Bevin: Well, that's because you're wasted. I don't suppose you wanna tell me a secret and actually participate.

Rachel: I'll tell you a secret, not because of class, just because. I never really felt anything with the guys I slept with. When I got my new body I thought it would change everything. Maybe it did for the boys, but not for me.

Bevin: You know, I always wanted to know what it was like to be a dude, like walking through the halls in jeans and a [...] tee shirt or bad ass, you know, talking smack and checking out checks and stuff.

Rachel: Checking out checks. Maybe that's my problem. Maybe I'm into girls. What the hell are you doing?

Bevin: Did you feel anything?

Rachel: No!

Bevin: Then you're not into girls! Trust me Rachel, I'm a really good kisser, and you'd totally be into me right now.

Skills: It's my shcolarship offer, or not, I mean, I haven't had the courage to open it yet.

Haley: Skills, you can't keep this secret. Come on I've got a really good feeling about it open it!

Skills: Ok just give me a few minutes though.

Haley: Ok.

Skills: Won't you tell me your secret? Now we talk.

Haley: Sometimes I feel incredibly disconnected, really uncomfortable in my own skin. Kind of, like I don't fit in to this wolrd. Like I was born at the wrong time, and I don't belong. I just think about my son, and it scares me because I don't ever want him to feel like he doesn't belong. I don't know if my heart could bear that.

Skills: Nah, he'll belong. The kid's gonna rock this place.

Haley: You think so?

Skills: Oh yeah I do. Cause his mom got his back, and if she don't, I do, I promise.

Glenda: Ok. Here.

Lucas: You're on the pill.

Glenda: No I'm not on the pill.

Lucas: You have the pill, but you're not on it, that's very secretive.

Glenda: When my mom was in high school, she was one of the Pretty and Popular. And I think her greatest dispointment is that I'm not! Sometimes she teases me about it, and not in a fun way like, like why can't I loose some weight, and how I'll never get a boyfriend.

Lucas: That sucks.

Glenda: Yeah. Anyway, one day I got some flowers from my boyfriend.

Lucas: So you have a boyfriend.

Glenda: No, I made him up, and I sent the flowers to myself. He was pretty awesome though he sent me all kinds of things.

Lucas: Your imaginary boyfriend.

Glenda: Anyway, I told my mom we were getting serious, and that maybe I should go on the pill. And in my head I thought it would be this binding experience like, she'd secretly be happy for me, sit me down and coucil me about being safe or just tell me to wait or ... just be my mom. Instead she took me to the doctor, got me the pill, when we left the pharmacy she hanged me the prescription and she said 'I don't know who'd sleep with you but here you are!'

Lucas: I'm sorry Glenda.

Glenda: It's ok. So I looked at her and I said 'I don't know who'd sleep with you either but here I am!'. And we haven't spoken since, not a word.

Lucas: How long has it been?

Glenda: Like 8 weeks. She just drives me off to school and picks me up, and we just don't talk. There's just silence, silence and disappointment.

Nathan: My mom tried to k*ll herself.

Peyton: What?

Nathan: She sucked a bunch of pills. I haven't told anybody. Just Haley.

Peyton: Nathan I'm so sorry.

Nathan: The worst point about it is when I found out that she might die, there's a moment, there's just a fraction of a second, when I actually, I felt relieved, like maybe it was for the best. You believe that? A kid actually feeling relieved at the thought of loosing his mother? What kind of person does that make me, Peyton, that I can feel that?

Peyton: I can't whistle. Nothing.

Nathan: That's terrible! How can you not whistle?

Peyton: I know okay I'm pathetic.

Shelly: I've got a pair of leather pants in my locker that I'd be dying to wear!

Mouth: Nice. You should totally rock those.

Shelly: I can't. I'm a Clean Teen. Doesn't exactly fit the image.

Mouth: Then change the image.

Shelly: Mouth before I, took back my virginity, I was kind of... friendly. It just figures, everyone saw me as a slut, and now I am this radical virgin who can't wear a pair of leather pants. Sometimes I just wish they'd see me as a girl, you know, just a girl, nice, cool sometimes, [...].

Mouth: Beautiful.

Shelly: So, how do you know about all this media stuff?

Mouth: Oh, hum, me and Jimmy...

Shelly: Jimmy Edwards?

Mouth: He was my friend. I miss him a lot. I have to keep it secret because he k*lled Lucas' uncle Keith and I loved Keith. But, it doesn't mean I don't miss my friend you know, especially with graduation coming up.

Shelly: Sorry. I never told you what I'm afraid of, second question on the list. I'm kind of afraid of being here with you.

Mouth: Why?

Shelly: Because I'm a Clean Teen, and your hot.

Brooke: I'm sorry I lied Chase. It's just you're a Clean Teen, and you're hot, and...

Mouth: You were serious about me being decent looking or, are you just trying to make up for the geek comment?

Chase: I didn't say decent looking. I said hot. Mouth, I'm a Clean Teen.

Mouth: So what?

Glenda: So I've been thinking about your manuscript. You need to give it to someone who won't go easy with you, someone who's gonna tell you the truth...

Lucas: Someone like you?

Glenda: I haven't actually been that truthful, I mean not about school. The truth is I'm gonna miss this place. And it's all my fault. I just wish I would have tried harder, and I just didn't wanna look like an idiot.

Lucas: I think everybody feels that way sometimes. You know like people don't see them for who they really are. It's not just you.

Glenda: You would have made a great goth you know? A little tortured, a bit of a loaner, but kind.

Hey, I have an idea for your picture.

Rachel: Thank God, this ridiculous class is almost over.

Bevin: I liked it.

Rachel: That's because you're too blisfully stupid to resist.

Bevin: I know poeple think I'm stupid. But I'm not dumb. I just let you and the other girls have your way because how you need it to be. But I think Carl's right. Pretty soon we're all gonna graduate and, I can start over. But it'll be harder for the people who need this place to make themselves so special. People who use highschool to build themselves up and then find out that the real world doesn't care so much about who you were in high school, people like you. Ok, so, what are we gonna do for our pictures?

Mouth: You need to go get those leather pants.

Shelly: What?

Mouth: For the picture. Also, your need to take off your shirt.

Shelly: Wait what?

Peyton: Take off your shirt?

Nathan: Wow, just like the old days.

Peyton: Stop it, I have an idea for your picture, but before you do that, come here. Look the bell is gonna ring soon and I don't know if I'm gonna have the chance to say it so, I'm gonna say it now. You're doing great Nathan. Alright? Just please, put yourself first sometimes. Well now let's see the marchandise!

Nathan: Ohhh, fun.

Peyton: Let's go, chop, chop, baby!

Skills: I want you to open it. Tell me, if it's the factory or college?

Haley: Okay, but I want you to know that no matter what this letter says you're gonna find your way to some great things. I know it.

Skills: Yeah well if it all means the same, I'd rather find my great things to college.

Haley: Well, it looks like you'll be going into that factory, and you're gonna tell your father that you just got a full ride to college.

Skills: Girl, that's messed up! I almost doomed my ass off this damn roof!

Haley: Ohhh sorry!

Brooke: So, how about it? You think one class can change your life?

Chase: The way you kiss? Definitely. You still think you're not good enough?

Brooke: I don't think that ever goes away, but I think you just have to learn to deal with it, you know, learn to use it.

Chase: So let's use it then!

Chase: Today I spent an hour with Brooke Davis, and I learnt something. People are all gonna label you. But it's how you overcome those labels. Thats' what matters.

Brooke: I spent an hour with Chase Adams. He's a Clean Teen, and that's pretty cool!

Peyton: People think they know Nathan Scott. I know I did. But, I discovered something new today. Nathan Scott is a martyr. He's also gonna be a terrific father.

Nathan: I spent the class with Peyton Sawyer. It reminded me what a good friend she is. I also learnt that considering recent history, she's not quite ready for the whole picture thing.

Mouth: Some of you have met Shelly Simon, Clean Teen, but today, I got to know Shelly Simon, teen. I also asked her to prom.

Shelly: An hour ago I called Marvin Mc Fadden nice. He is. But I should have called him dangerous. I also said yes to prom.

Rachel: This is one of the best classes I've ever had. A kick-ass fifty minutes during which Bevin told me she always wanted to be a guy.

Bevin: I spent the hour with Rachel, and I think she learnt today that I am not an idiot. This is my picture of her.

Skills: Over the years I've known Haley James book warm, Haley James sarcastic girl, Haley James Scott rock star and Haley James Scott mother to be. Today I got reaquainted with just Haley, my girl friend. She get heavier too!

Haley: Skills has been my friend since really young, and today I remembered why, he's a great listener, he's gonna do awesome in college, and he deserves to be on top of the world.

Glenda: Fifty minutes ago, I called Lucas Scott a jock. But I was wrong, he's more than one simple word, I guess we all are. Anyway I learnt that Lucas is actually a lot like me. Who knew?

Lucas: I wish I would have hung out with Glenda before today. Something tells me she could have been a great friend. But it's good to know there's still a little time left to do that. - Glenda! Listen would you mind taking a look at this for me? I need someone I can trust to tell me the truth.

Glenda: Sure, ok, Lucas Scott.

Lucas: Hey, today was awesome, I had a blass with you. See you tomorrow. - And I also learnt her last name. - Hey Mrs Farell.

Glenda: Ok, mum, let's go.

Lucas: And I learnt that one hour can change everything.