04x14 - Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

04x14 - Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers

Post by bunniefuu »

Previously on One Tree Hill...

LUCAS : This is the first draft to a novel I'm writing.

GLENDA : Who knew?

LUCAS : No one.

RACHEL : I could pass calculus in my sleep. You're the one flunking out.

RACHEL : This is the key to the cabinet with the answers.

BROOKE : Got it.

NATHAN : My mom tried to k*ll herself. I felt relieved, like maybe it was for the best.

SHELLY : Have you guys met Chase? He's our newest Clean Teen, virgins for life.

BROOKE : Hi. Brooke Davis... Clean Teen.

SHELLY : I'm kind of afraid of being here with you.

MOUTH : Why?

SHELLY : You're hot.

KEITH : Open your eyes, Luke.

LUCAS : I saw Jimmy lying on the floor dead and Keith was standing above him. Jimmy didn't k*ll Keith.

KAREN : Lucas said something really unsettling today.

DAN : What did he say?

KAREN : He said he doesn't think that Jimmy Edwards k*lled Keith.

LUCAS’ HOUSE

Karen is watching a video of young Lucas. Dan is in the door step, watching from afar.

LUCAS (voiceover) : Do you ever wonder if we make the moments in our lives or if the moments in our lives make us?

KAREN (in the video) : Give me five, give me five! Come on! Five! Five! Nice sh*t. Can you say merry Christmas?

LUCAS (in the video) : Merry Christmas.

(Dan enters)

DAN : It's amazing how fast they grow up, isn't it?

(They both still watch)

DAN : Ouch.

(Lucas enters the room)

LUCAS : Keith bought me that bike. Hey, mom. Don't forget. I got to get fitted for my tux today.

KAREN : Right, the prom. You come by the café, and we'll go take a look this afternoon.

LUCAS : All right.

(Lucas leaves)

DAN : How's he doing? I mean, with this notion about Keith not being taken by the Edwards kid?

KAREN : I think he just needs to believe in it somehow.

DAN : Let me take him shopping this afternoon for the tux. I've missed enough important moments in his life. I'd like to do something about that. Please?

INSIDE TREE HILL HIGH

Lucas and Peyton are walking. They see Glenda.

LUCAS : Hey, Glenda.

GLENDA : Hi.

LUCAS : Oh, you remember Peyton, right?

GLENDA : Yeah, sure... the loner.

PEYTON : Loner cheerleader. I really liked the picture you took of Lucas. The eye shadow was a little Fall Out Boy, though.

GLENDA : So, Lucas, that book that you loaned me, I'm just in chapter 10, but I'd love to talk to you about it.

LUCAS : Yeah. Good, no, anytime.

GLENDA : Okay. Bye.

PEYTON : Bye.

(Glenda leaves)

PEYTON : What book?

LUCAS : Oh, I, um... I loaned her a copy of "The Great Gatsby." She's never read it. Can you believe that?

PEYTON : I took her for more of an Edgar Allan Poe kind of girl.

In the media center, Mouth and Shelly are kissing

SHELLY : We should slow down.

MOUTH : It feels like just the right speed to me.

(The bell rings)

SHELLY : Really... I have to go. Saved by the bell.

(Shelly, followed by Mouth, goes out of the room and meet the other "clean teen" by chance)

Brooke is in front of her locker, Haley comes to see her

HALEY : Hey. I got to ask you something, and I really don't want you to get pissed off, but I have to ask you.

BROOKE : Okay.

HALEY : It's about the stolen test. You were failing calculus, and then you just got an "A" on the last test. Just tell me it's a coincidence.

BROOKE : It was a coincidence.

HALEY : Seriously, Brooke.

BROOKE : Yeah. I know I have to pass the class to graduate, and you were busy tutoring Rachel, so I just got help from Chase instead.

HALEY : Really?

(Brooke nods)

HALEY : Okay. Sorry. Principal Turner's just really pissed right now, he's on a major witch hunt. You should probably know you're, like, the prime suspect.

BROOKE : It wasn't me. Scout's honor.

HALEY : Okay. Sorry.

REHAB CENTER

Deb is in her room, sad. The nurse enters.

NURSE : Why the long face? You know what today is.

DEB : No, but I'm sure you're about to enlighten me.

NURSE : Come on. You've got three weeks of sobriety. It's the first day you can have visitors. It's a good day.

DEB : After the way I behaved, no one is coming for me. Trust me.

NURSE : Hey, don't be so sure. Sometimes... people can surprise you.

INSIDE TREE HILL HIGH

Brooke and Rachel are in the bathroom

RACHEL : Are you on dr*gs?! You're not turning yourself in.

BROOKE : I just had to lie to Haley. Turner is closing in, and I am stupid.

RACHEL : Brooke, they don't have any proof.

BROOKE : There's no use to this. I'm going to turn myself in.

RACHEL : Fine. Whatever. Before you turn yourself in... you might want to take a look at this. It came for you this morning.

(Rachel gives Brooke a letter)

BROOKE : Oh, my god. Victoria's Secret wants to franchise Clothes Over Bro's for their pink fashion line. I... I'm going to be in stores everywhere!

RACHEL : Maybe not. Look at paragraph 14.

(Brooke seems surprise)

RACHEL : So I like reading your mail. It's a guilty pleasure. The contract has a morality clause. That means they want student-council president Brooke Davis, not "I cheated in calculus" Brooke Davis. I don't think an expelled high-school student exactly fits the Victoria's Secret profile.

BROOKE : What am I going to do?

RACHEL : Nothing. Brooke, trust me. There's nothing they can do to prove you cheated on the test.

In a classroom

TURNER : As some of you may know, it has come to my attention that one of you cheated on the last exam. So today we're all going to take a little pop quiz. And I assure you, when I discover who that cheater is, they will be dealt with in the harshest possible way.

RACHEL (to Brooke) : Didn't see that one coming.

ONE TREE HILL CREDITS

OUTSIDE TREE HILL HIGH

Mouth joins Shelly who is at a table with other "clean teens"

MOUTH : So, I was thinking we would get a limo for prom. I talked to Brooke, and she and Chase want to share.

SHELLY : Mouth, can I talk to you for a minute?

(They go away from the others)

SHELLY : I don't think I can do this.

MOUTH : What "this"?

SHELLY : Us. I think maybe it's not such a good idea that we're dating.

MOUTH : It's about them, isn't it? The Clean Teens.

SHELLY : It's more complicated that.

MOUTH : Well, explain it to me 'cause I'm pretty good with complicated.

SHELLY : I can't go out with you.

MOUTH : Okay, so, we're not dating, but we're... we're still going to prom, right?

SHELLY : I don't think prom would be such a good idea, either. This was... This was a mistake. I'm sorry.

(Shelly leaves)

Brooke and Chase are walking

CHASE : Maybe you passed the test this time. I mean, stranger things have happened... like Brooke Davis is dating a Clean Teen.

BROOKE : Maybe. And it didn't feel that bad. Oh, who am I kidding? There's no way I passed that test.

CHASE : Brooke, this could be the chance that you need to start over. Think about it. If you pass this time, you did it all on your own.

BROOKE : Yeah, and if I didn't pass, I'm going to get expelled from school, and my life as I know it is over.

CHASE : Well, I believe in you.

FROM THE SPEAKER : "Brooke Davis, please report to the principal's office immediately."

BROOKE : Well, okay, then. Dead girl kissing.

CHASE : Good luck.

BROOKE : Thanks.

A SHOP

Lucas is trying a tux, with Dan

DAN : Nice fit for a rental. What are you... 42 regular?

LUCAS : Yeah. Not bad.

DAN : The trick with formal wear is to always go classic. You don't want to be that guy looking back 20 years from now regretting the blue ruffles.

LUCAS : Mmm, yeah, right. What did you wear to prom?

DAN : Blue ruffles... Hey, Lucas, I know it's been hard for you without Keith around, and your mother told me what you said about Jimmy Edwards. And I just want you to know that... you may not be wrong in what you're thinking.

LUCAS : You don't think Jimmy k*lled Keith?

DAN : Not exactly. What I mean is, I know you and Jimmy were friends, and maybe you're right. Maybe Jimmy didn't mean to k*ll Keith. Maybe what happened in that hallway was a terrible accident. But the truth is... we'll never know. So I need to ask you a favor, Lucas. I need you to stop and consider your mother's feelings. Because although she'll never admit it, all this talk is breaking her up on the inside. So you got to let it go... for her sake.

CLERK : How we doing, gentlemen?

DAN : Fine, thanks. We're going to take this Armani.

CLERK : Sorry, sir. The Armani is only available for purchase.

DAN : I'm aware of that, Slick. We'll take the Armani.

LUCAS : You're buying me a tuxedo?

DAN : Every man should own his own tuxedo. And every father should know what it feels like to buy one for his son.

REHAB CENTER

Deb is alone, Nathan knocks at her room

DEB : Nathan.

NATHAN : Hi.

DEB : I-I-I wasn't sure you'd want to see me.

NATHAN : To be honest, I wasn't sure I was coming.

DEB : Oh, honey, I'm so sorry.

NATHAN : su1c1de... nice one, mom. And thanks for the note, by the way.

DEB : Please, Nathan, don't. You can't begin to understand this disease.

NATHAN : "Disease"? Is that what you're calling it now? Peyton's mom, Ellie, had a disease. Cancer... that's a disease, mom. What you have is a weakness. And when the hell are you going to start fighting it?

DEB : I know. I know I've been weak. But I... I'm scared.

NATHAN : Of what? Your... Your terrible life in that big, expensive house? 'Cause I'm not seeing it, mom. What are you so scared of?

DEB : Myself. It's easy in here. I-I have a support team to stay sober. But out there, alone... I'm not sure I can trust myself.

NATHAN : Mom... you better figure it out. Because if things don't change soon, you're not going to have anything to come home to.

OUTSIDE LUCAS’ HOUSE

Lucas comes home with Dan and his new tuxedo. They stops outside Lucas’ bedroom

LUCAS : Thanks. It's pretty cool. I think Peyton really going to love it.

DAN : You're welcome. So, Peyton, huh?

LUCAS : Yeah.

(Inside, Karen is bringing some laundry and over hears the conversation)

DAN : Well, have a good time, senior state champ. It's a good time to be alive. By the way, the state championship... You didn't take your HCM medication, did you?

LUCAS : Why would you say that?

DAN : Because I take those pills, Lucas. We have the same condition. You can fool other people, but you can't fool me. Well, it'll be our secret. Just promise me you won't do anything that stupid again, okay? Your mom's already been through enough. She needs you healthy and in one piece.

(They enters the room and find Karen)

LUCAS : Hey.

KAREN : Hey. There you guys are. What took you so long?

DAN : Well, we decided to turn a rental into a purchase. I know I should have cleared it with you first, but... I couldn't help myself.

LUCAS : His idea.

(Lucas leaves the room)

KAREN : Um, Dan, we need to... we need to talk about this.

DAN : Talk about what?

KAREN : You and him... all of this, everything.

DAN : Okay. How about dinner? I'll pick you up around 7:00.

KAREN : That sounds like a date.

DAN : No, no date... Just dinner.

INSIDE TREE HILL HIGH

Brooke enters Principal Turner’s office

TURNER : Ah, miss Davis. It's about your calculus exam. It seems I owe you an apology.

RACHEL’S HOUSE

Rachel is sitting on her bed, Brooke arrives happy

BROOKE : I passed the test! Turner just apologized. I guess all my studying paid off. How cool is that?

RACHEL : Congratulations. Now you're free to be Victoria's Secret's next big thing.

BROOKE : You know it. Okay, you are good with all this legal mumbo jumbo, so, what do I do next?

RACHEL : Um, it seems pretty basic. In addition to your designs, you just have to turn over the artwork, and you're good to go.

BROOKE : Artwork?

INSIDE TREE HILL HIGH

Haley enters Principal Turner’s office

HALEY : Hey, principal Turner. You wanted to see me?

TURNER : Yes. Please have a seat, Haley. We've discovered who stole the calculus exam, and, unfortunately, it's someone you know. Rachel Gatina.

HALEY : It's not... are you sure it's Rachel?

TURNER : Well, I've spoken to miss Gatina. I'm quite sure. Haley, you were tutoring her, and I'm afraid I have no choice but to ask you to resign your position at the tutor center effective immediatly.

HALEY : No, look, principal Turner...

TURNER : My decision is final. I'll need your key. I'm sorry it came to this, Haley. Word of advice? I might take a good look at who your real friends are.

THE APARTMENT

Nathan and Haley are sitting on the couch

NATHAN : What do you mean you got fired?

HALEY : It was Rachel. I was right about her all along. She was the one that stole the exam, and because I was tutoring her, they let me go. Bitch.

NATHAN : But you had nothing to do with it. Didn't you just tell principal Turner?

HALEY : Yeah, I did. I told him, and he said, "it's school policy." It just really sucks. I love tutoring, and we really needed that extra money.

NATHAN : I'm so sorry, Haley. I know I went to bat for her.

HALEY : I knew it. I knew I was right about her. I'm sorry. Look, it's not your fault. I know you were just trying to help her and just trying to... be a good guy. That's what I love about you.

NATHAN : I don't feel like such a good guy right now.

HALEY : Why?

NATHAN : I went to see my mom this morning, and, uh, I think I was kind of hard on her.

HALEY : Babe, if anybody's in need of tough love, it's your mom.

NATHAN : I know, but... she's going to be released in a few days, and she told me that she's scared to be alone in the house. She's going to slip, Haley. I can feel it.

HALEY : Well, why don't we do something about it?

NATHAN : Like what?

HALEY : I don't know. We need to save money. She needs help. We could... let the apartment go and move into her house. Yeah, look. It would be perfect. We'd save money, and we'd be there to watch her 24/7, and everybody wins.

NATHAN : And Peyton thinks I'm a martyr.

HALEY : Come on, she's... you know, she's your family. She's a train wreck, but she's your mom.

NATHAN : You'd do that for her?

HALEY : No, but I'd do that for you.

INSIDE THE SCOTT’S HOUSE

Nathan is searching the house with Skills and Mouth

NATHAN : Okay. My mom gets home in a few days, and I need this house to be completely drug-and alcohol-free. Let's fan out.

(Nathan leaves the room)

MOUTH : Dude, it's just Nathan's mom. How much booze could we possibly be talking about?

Later, in the kitchen, all the bottles are on the counter, there are tones of alcohol

SKILLS : Damn. Nate mom like the alcoholic easter bunny.

MOUTH : Are we really going to dump it all?

NATHAN : Hold on a second. It's friday. Prom's tomorrow night. We got a ton of booze, a huge house, and we just won a state championship.

SKILLS : I like the way you think, dawg. With a crib like this, a brother could definitely get hooked up, especially if he got him a new shortie with some hot leather pants. You feeling me, Mouth?

MOUTH : Yeah, but I don't think she is.

LUCAS’ BEDROOM

Lucas is on his bed, working on his computer, Peyton arrives

PEYTON : What you working on?

(He put his computer away, she joins him on the bed)

LUCAS : Look, um... I got to be honest. Today I kind of lied to you. The book that I gave Glenda wasn't "The Gatsby." It's one I've been writing.

(She looks surprised)

LUCAS : And I needed an impartial opinion, so I gave it to her.

PEYTON : I know there's no 10th chapter in "Gatsby." But thank you for telling me the truth.

LUCAS : I'm sorry. I guess I'm just worried it's not going to be good.

PEYTON : Well, what about me? I can be impartial.

LUCAS : I don't think so.

PEYTON : Why?!

LUCAS : Because you're in it.

PEYTON : Give me that book right now.

LUCAS : No way.

PEYTON : Please!

LUCAS : It's not ready.

PEYTON : Pretty please with... me on top?

LUCAS : Well, I can... be persuaded.

(They start kissing and making out)

PEYTON : Okay, no. Okay, stop, stop, stop. I don't think so.

LUCAS : Oh, come on. I'll let you read the first six chapters of my book.

PEYTON : That's very sexy, um, but I just want our first time to be special. And right now it's really not with... nationals CD wedged underneath my back... which is a very good album, by the way. Plus, your mom's going to come in any second.

LUCAS : She's working at the café. Nobody's going to walk in.

(She starts being convinced when someone knocks at the door and enters right away. It’s Brooke)

BROOKE : Okay, my discomfort meter is pretty much pegged. Hi. Sorry. Luke, can I talk to Peyton for a sec?

LUCAS : Sure. Just, um, you know, if you guys get into it, try not to break anything expensive.

(Lucas leaves the room with his computer)

BROOKE : For the record, I didn't come here to fight. Victoria's Secret has offered to franchise Clothes Over Bro's. So it's a really big... huge deal for me, but I can't move forward with it unless you're willing to sign off on your artwork. So... I just need to know what you need from me to make this work.

PEYTON : You have a pen

(Peyton takes the paper and the pen)

BROOKE : What are you doing?

PEYTON : I'm signing over the artwork to you. They're just sketches, Brooke. You're the one that turned them into Clothes Over Bro's. Congratulations, Brooke.

BROOKE : Are you sure you're comfortable with this?

PEYTON : Sure. I'm happy for you.

(After a blank)

PEYTON : You know I love him. I really do. But I never meant for my love for him to hurt you.

BROOKE : Thank you, Peyton.
OUTSIDE THE SCOTT’S HOUSE

Nathan and Haley are arriving at the house. There are lots of cars in front of the house

HALEY : Um, Nathan, what is going on?

NATHAN : Well, we never really got a chance to celebrate winning state, and I figured with everything that's been going on lately, it might be nice to kick off prom and have a little...

(Skills and Mouth open the front door)

MOUTH : Party!

SKILLS : Party!

INSIDE THE SCOTT’S HOUSE

The party is at its height. Skills and Mouth are talking

SKILLS : Don't look now, Mouth, but Shelly all up in here right now.

MOUTH : Where?

(We see Shelly arriving)

SKILLS : 12:00 and closing fast.

MOUTH : Okay, on the count of three, we are out of here. Ready? Three.

(They split, Shelly follows Mouth)

SHELLY : Is this how it's going to be? You're just going to ignore me?

MOUTH : Let me guess. You're here to tell me you want to be friends. I get it, Shelly. You're not attracted to me.

SHELLY : It's not that. It is just the opposite. It's because I am attracted to you, Mouth. I'm just not sure I trust myself to be with you.

MOUTH : Let me get this straight. You broke up with me the day before prom because you're so attracted to me? Okay, I think I really need a drink.

AT A RESTAURANT

Dan and Karen are having diner

KAREN : Dan, this feels like a date.

DAN : Let's just call it the mayor and almost-mayor having dinner. Karen, I want to start being a bigger part of Lucas' life. He needs a father, and I... I want to be that father to him, regardless of what's happening between us.

KAREN : I'm pregnant with your brother's child. There's nothing happening between us.

DAN : You're also alone. And if you need anything, and I mean anything at all, I want to be the man that you turn to.

THE SCOTT’S HOUSE

Luke is in a bedroom, looking at a picture of Keith. Nathan comes in

NATHAN : Luke, you got to help me find some booze, man. It's going to get ugly down there.

(Nathan sees what he is watching)

NATHAN : You got to let this go, man. Keith's gone, Luke. Jimmy's gone. Nothing's going to bring them back. But... you got a ton of people that love you out there, and in a few months, most of those people are going to go their separate ways. So, what do you say, big brother? Let's have some fun.

Downstairs, Brooke and Chase run into Haley

BROOKE : Hey.

HALEY : Hey. Oh, hey. I wanted to say congratulations on your calculus test. Turner told me. I am really sorry about this morning. I should never have doubted you.

CHASE : I never doubted her for a second.

HALEY : You should be really proud of yourself, Brooke.

BROOKE : Well, as tempting as it was to be senior for another year, I figured it was probably time for me to graduate.

HALEY : Um, have you guys seen Rachel?

CHASE : She was holding court in the living room.

HALEY : Clothed or unclothed?

BROOKE : Clothed, but it was about 10 minutes ago, so you never know.

Peyton finds Lucas downstairs

PEYTON : So, we were in the chapter where you take your girlfriend up to that empty bedroom at the party.

LUCAS : I think I may need to do a little research first.

PEYTON : I was hoping you'd say that.

(They both go upstairs)

Rachel is dancing on the table

RACHEL : Thank you, thank you. Tip your waitresses. Or me.

(Rachel leaves the table, Haley arrives)

HALEY : So, how'd you do it, Rachel?

RACHEL : Do what?

HALEY : Don't throw dumb-ass at me, girly. You stole that test, and I want to know how you did it. Did you steal my key while I was in the hospital? Yeah, I bet you did, didn't you? You know, I could have spent my time tutoring someone that actually needed it, and now I'm not going to have that opportunity again, thanks to you.

RACHEL : Whatever.

HALEY : So...

(Haley throws her full glass to her face)

HALEY : That is for getting me fired.

(Haley slaps Rachel)

HALEY : And that is for trying to sleep with my husband.

RACHEL : Bitch, you are lucky you're pregnant.

HALEY : Honey, you're lucky that I'm pregnant. I think it's time you get your insecure, cheating skank ass out of this house right now.

RACHEL : You bit...

(Skills stops Rachel from pushing Haley)

SKILLS : Yo, I think it's time for you to leave.

(Rachel leaves)

SKILLS : Told you I got the kid's back.

Rachel is leaving the house, Brooke follows her

BROOKE : Rachel, wait. What the hell was that? What did you do to piss off Haley?

RACHEL : It was the exam. Haley found out I stole it and... they fired her. Guess I didn't see that one coming, either.

BROOKE : But how? We both passed the retest.

RACHEL : Not exactly, Copernicus. Only one of us did.

FLASHBACK TO THE CLASSROOM

In the classroom earlier, at the end of the exam, we see Rachel taking Brooke’s paper and put her name on the paper she did

END OF THE FLASHBACK. THE SCOTT’S HOUSE

BROOKE : Why would you do that?

RACHEL : Victoria's Secret, Brooke... The morals clause. Besides, I figured I got you into this, so... I wanted to get you out. You're my friend, Brooke.

BROOKE : What are they going to do to you now?

RACHEL : Who knows? We'll see. Brooke, it's okay. I'll be fine. I'm going to take off. Go back in and hang with Chase. I'll catch up with you at home.

(Rachel starts leaving)

BROOKE : Rachel... Thank you.

Nathan comes to find Haley and Skills

NATHAN : Haley. I heard you were fighting Rachel. You punched her?

HALEY : It was more of a bitch-slap.

SKILLS : Yeah, that was after she threw the drink on her.

HALEY : I'm okay. Don't worry about me. I feel fi..

(Haley is holding her belly)

NATHAN : What is it? Are you okay?

HALEY : Yeah, the baby's just really kicking.

NATHAN : It's kicking?

HALEY : Oh, yeah.

(Nathan puts his hand on her belly)

NATHAN : I feel can it. That's our boy.

HALEY : Yeah.

In a bedroom, Mouth is alone, thinking. Shelly joins him

SHELLY : Mouth...

(She closes the door)

SHELLY : Are you okay?

MOUTH : No.

SHELLY : I know it's my fault. I'm sorry.

MOUTH : It's just hard, you know? I look at you, and it hurts so much to know that we can't be together.

SHELLY : Mouth.

MOUTH : I know you're a Clean Teen, Shelly, but what do you want me to say? That I don't want to sleep with you? That I don't want my first time to be with you? Well, I can't say that 'cause that would be a lie. From the moment I saw you, I was hooked. And I got to look into those beautiful eyes and kiss you, and now that's all I want to do. I could kiss you forever. And I know I'm not good enough.

SHELLY : No. No

(She kisses him and they start making out)

Outside, Brooke has stayed on the door step, Chase joins her

CHASE : So, is this where tomorrow night's prom queen is hanging out? What's up?

BROOKE : I'm just worried about Rachel.

CHASE : That's my girl. There's a raging party going on, and you're worried about a friend. You're a good person, Brooke Davis.

BROOKE : You think so? I've done some things I'm really not proud of.

CHASE : You're a good person.

BROOKE : You sure?

CHASE : I'm sure.

BROOKE : Does that mean you want to kiss me some more?

(They kiss)

We see Skills putting a video called "Nathan scores" in the video tape recorder. On the TV, we can see Nathan playing basketball

SKILLS : Old school Nathan in the house.

NATHAN (on the video) : Scott... Nathan Scott.

PEYTON (on the video) : That's my baby.

(On the tape, Peyton and Nathan kiss. It was taped a long time ago)

SKILLS : Oh, snap!

BEVIN : I thought you and Nathan were married.

In the bedroom, Mouth and Shelly are dressing again

MOUTH : Shelly, are you okay? I mean, was that okay?

SHELLY : Yeah, I-I just got to find my shirt.

(Skills enters the room)

SKILLS : Aw, my bad.

(Skills close the door)

SKILLS (from the other side of the door) : Nice work, though!

MOUTH : Shelly...

(She starts crying)

MOUTH : Hey, hey, don't cry. Skills won't tell anyone. I promise.

SHELLY : You don't understand. I got to go.

MOUTH : But tonight, this, I mean... this was the start of something really good. This was the start of us. Can't you feel that?

SHELLY : I'm a Clean Teen. I'm the Clean Teen. I could love you. I know I could. But I can't.

MOUTH : Then what was this?

SHELLY : This was goodbye.

(Shelly starts leaving)

MOUTH : Shelly, please don't go.

SHELLY : Mouth, don't call me. If you really like me, just... let me go.

(Mouth lies on the bed and starts crying)

OUTSIDE LUCAS’ HOUSE

Dan walks Karen to the porch

DAN : Thanks for a great evening. Oh, and thanks for letting Lucas keep the tux.

KAREN : Oh, well, uh, I had him try it on. It looks good on him. It's better than those blue ruffles.

DAN : Um, you know... I'm chaperoning at the prom. They still need a couple parents.

KAREN : You're asking me to the prom?

DAN : Yeah, I guess I am.

KAREN : Okay.

THE SCOTT’S HOUSE

Lucas and Peyton are in a bedroom, kissing. Peyton starts taking off his shirt

LUCAS : I thought you said you wanted to wait.

PEYTON : Do you remember what you said the last time we were here? You said you wanted it all, and... I walked away. I made a big mistake that night 'cause all I wanted was sex.

LUCAS : What do you want now?

PEYTON : Now I want what you wanted. I want everything with you.

(They start making out)

Skills finds Mouth alone on the stairs

SKILLS : There he is. Big night, dawg, big night! So, how you feel?

MOUTH : Well, I lost my virginity, my prom date, and a girl I really could have loved... all in one night. To tell you the truth, Skills... I never felt worse.

(Mouth leaves)

Nathan goes outside and find Brooke alone, sitting on a bench

NATHAN : Where's the new boyfriend?

BROOKE : Taking a break. When all you do is kiss, you got to come up for air once in a while.

NATHAN : Well, he seems like a really good guy... Chase.

BROOKE : Yeah, he is. I really like him.

NATHAN : Good.

BROOKE : Listen, I'm really sorry about Haley and the whole tutor-center thing.

NATHAN : Don't be sorry. It's not like it was your fault.

BROOKE : Yeah. So, how come you're not in there enjoying your big party?

NATHAN : Well, Skills broke out the old Ravens' game footage. I swear, when I watch it, it doesn't even feel like me.

BROOKE : I should hope not. You were such a jerk! You were dating Peyton, and you guys fought all the time.

NATHAN : Hey, look who's talking. Are you ever going to let Peyton off the mat?

BROOKE : Yeah. I guess it's about time, isn't it?

NATHAN : Yeah, actually, it is. Don't move.

(Nathan is moving away)

BROOKE : Why?

(He is looking at his watch)

BROOKE : Nathan, what... what's going on?

NATHAN : The sprinklers.

BROOKE : What?!

(The sprinklers start, and Brooke starts chasing Nathan and having fun)

BROOKE : You think you're funny? You are so dead! Oh, I got you, I got you, I got you.

LUCAS (voiceover) : If you could go back and change just one thing about your life, would you? And if you did... would that change make your life better? Or would that change ultimately break your heart? Or break the heart of another? Would you choose an entirely different path? Or would you change just one thing? Just one moment? One moment that you always wanted back?

On the TV, the tape switch to Nathan who is about to having sex with someone

GIRL 1 : Oh, my god. Is that Nathan?!

GIRL 2 : Is that Haley?!

GIRL 3 : I think it's Peyton.

Lucas and Peyton are still making out. They hear everybody shouting from downstairs

PEYTON : What's going on out there?

LUCAS : I don’t know

GUY (from downstairs) : Dude, you got to see this! There's a tape of Peyton having sex with Nathan!

PEYTON : Oh, my god!

(Peyton grab her shirt and leaves the room, followed by Lucas)

Downstairs, Peyton enters the living room

PEYTON : Shut it off! Shut it off!

(Nathan and Brooke come back inside)

(We see on the video that Nathan is in fact with Brooke)

BROOKE (on the video) : Come on. I can't believe I'm doing this.

NATHAN (on the video) : Don't worry. Nobody will ever know.

(Everybody is looking at Brooke)