07x01 - 4:30 AM (Apparently They Were Travelling Abroad)

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

07x01 - 4:30 AM (Apparently They Were Travelling Abroad)

Post by bunniefuu »

Previously on "One Tree Hill" …

Nathan : I'm not on the Chiefs anymore.

Haley : What?

Nathan : I'm the point guard for the Charlotte Bobcats.

Haley : You're in the NBA?

Nathan : I'm in the NBA.

Brooke : You told me that someday I'd be ready to let someone in. I think today might be someday. I love you.

Dan : I used to wonder why I was still alive. I'm not. And this is my hell. Pull the trigger. Take the pain away!

Withey : Maybe you're still here for redemption.

One Tree Hill - Season 7 Episode 01

AT TV BROADCAST

Dan : So, I guess ... This means he's gonna die. I sat there in the dark -- alone, broken. On the eve of my son's first game in the NBA, I sat alone on a playground basketball court and waited for death. I'd been given only days to live. That was 14 months ago.

Haley : * I like to say * * I make good use of my time while you've been away * * and it's true * * I've been at my piano every day * * thinking of you * * they talk around * * I hear them whisper * * it's the funniest thing, really * * they think you're gone forever * * I know the truth * * it's just getting hard to believe it * * and they all tell me it's over * * even stars are lining up * * I follow the signs so clearly * * Still I've fallen * * the quicksand's pulling me down * * I follow the signs so clearly * * Still they catch me * * the quicksand's pulling me down *

AT THE OFFICE

Clay : Bill, I want you to listen to me because we have a history of helping each other and because I'm the best damn sports agent that you deal with. Now, listen -- You guys turned it around last season in a very big way. But Pennington needs receivers, and you know it. Hackett's big. He's fast. And you throw that ball anywhere near him, he gets up and gets it. Mm-hmm. That's absolutely true. But he's also going into his third season, and, historically, you know that that's when NFL wide receivers flip the switch. Santana Moss, Steve Smith -- Hackett is gonna be right there with them. Bill, this one is so easy. You have the money. You need the player. All you need to do -- Pull the trigger. You know what? I got to cut you off. I got New England on line two. You're doing the right thing. You're getting a great player at a great price. Yeah, I'll have my office send the paperwork over. Thanks, Bill. And, hey, congratulations. Yeah.

Haley : * But I just want to feel your breath inside me * * so I can breathe *

Clay : Oh. Hey, Mom. I got to call you back.

Haley : * It's never too soon, it's never too late * * so I start screaming out * * I see your face, I see your hand reaching down * * and I yell to you, and I say * * I'll follow the signs so clearly * * Still I've fallen * * the quicksand's pulling me down * * I'll follow the signs so clearly *

ON THE BEACH

Julian : You could come with me.

Brooke : I can't. You say that every time.

Julian : And you say "I can't" every time.

Brooke : Because I can't. But the movie's almost over, and then you can come back

to Tree Hill, and we can finally be together, right?

Julian : Yes, of course.

Haley : * Pulling me down * * ahhhhhh * * oh oh oh * * oh oh oh * * oh oh oh oh oh oh * * oh oh oh * * oh oh oh * * oh oh oh oh oh oh * * ahh ahh ahh * * oh oh oh *

AT CLOTHES OVER BROS – NEW YORK

Woman : Good morning. Clothes Over Bros. Please hold. Good morning. Clothes Over Bros. Please hold.

Millicent : I need you to go online and find me some pictures, recent ones. And call their reps and get me head sh*ts. Also, call prime and cancel the dinner reservation I had for tomorrow night. This is good, but I want to see it in green. Green is the new orange. I was heading back to Tree Hill, so book me a flight, preferably direct, and call me in the car and tell me which terminal. Is that my coffee?

Calliope : Mocha double latte, no foam.

Millicent : Last time there was foam. I hate foam. Is there foam?

Calliope : No foam. Um, Victoria wanted to see you about …

Millicent : About the model she wants to hire to be the new face of Clothes Over Bros. We're not going with a model. We're going with an actress. Cancel the meeting.

Calliope : She's not gonna like that.

Millicent : Yeah, well, she works for me. Don't tell her I said that. Okay, now go. Chop, chop. Calliope. You're a good assistant, but have some fun, okay? You're only young once.

AT THE GYMNASIUM

Clay : The season's over, Nate.

Nathan : For some guys. For me ... it's just the preseason for next year.

Clay : See, that is why I love being your agent. Most guys are away on vacation, but not Nathan Scott. He's in the gym doing work. And I'm not the only one who's noticed.

Nathan : What do they say?

Clay : All the right things, man -- That they love you, you had another great season, And you're a very important part of the future.

Nathan : Does any of this mean I have a new contract?

Clay : Not yet. But what did I tell you, man? 14 months ago when you came up on that 10-day?

Nathan : "Just do the work."

Clay : "Just do the work." And you have. You worked hard. You played great. And now it's gonna cost them.

Nathan : You love this stuff, don't you?

Clay : Hell yeah, I do. And I'm good at it, man. So don't sweat it. I'd never do anything to jeopardize you or Haley or Jamie.

Nathan : I know.

Clay : Speaking of, the little man's got a birthday coming up, right? Any idea what he wants for a gift?

Nathan : Well, you spoiled him with all the autographed jerseys. You're just moving through your client roster now. I think he's, uh... he's up to Jerry Rice.

Clay : It's a good life, Nate. Did you ever think a couple knuckleheads like us would end up here?

Nathan : I thought I would. You, not so much. Hey, can I ask you a question about your meeting with my bosses?

Clay : Yeah.

Nathan : Couldn't you have at least worn a suit? I mean, the jeans, man?

Clay : Really? Yeah, I probably cost you at least a million dollars right there. It was a very bad choice.

Nathan : Thanks.

Haley : * Sunday morning, my Rebecca... *

AT THE APPARTMENT

Skills : Man, it's crazy. Nobody buying used CDs no more. Half the record stores done closed down. And this collection was strong, too. Look -- Tribe called quest, de la soul, and biggie.

Mouth : What? Maybe try Goodwill?

Skills : Man, Killy, Goodwill is not getting my Tupac CDs.

Mouth : Ah, they wouldn't take them either, huh?

Skills : Nope.

Mouth : So, listen, I was thinking, while you're cleaning out some clutter, you might want to move some other stuff, too.

Skills : Oh, word?

Mouth : Like what? Like all of it?

Skills : All of it? You want me to move out?

Mouth : Well, I don't want you to. I just -- don't you want your own space with Lauren?

Skills : Do I want my own space -- yes. But can I afford it right now when I'm trying to start a new business -- no. I can't believe you kicking me out.

Mouth : I'm not kicking you out. You're on the lease, too. I just --

Skills : You want me to go.

* To be barefoot on the driveway *

IN THE LIMOUSINE

Brooke : I want you to stay.

Julian : Yeah, I know. You look sad, Brooke Davis.

Brooke : I'm not sad.

Julian : Yes, you are. You've been moping around ever since that night at the beach.

Brooke : I'm just gonna miss you, that's all.

Julian : But you don't have to. What's keeping you in Tree Hill now that Peyton's gone? You went back for her.

Brooke : So did you.

Julian : That's not fair. Look, all I'm saying is, if you can run Clothes Over Bros from Tree Hill, you can run it from anywhere.

Brooke : But Tree Hill's home.

Julian : We'll be okay.

* I think I could never love another girl *

Julian : All right, here we go.

Brooke : Julian. This is a great night. I'm proud of you.

* While she shines my mother's imitation pearls *

AT SCOTT’S HOUSE

Haley : Good morning, little man. What are you all dressed and waiting for?

Jamie : It's my birthday.

Haley : Ah, I hate to break it to you, kiddo, but your birthday was yesterday. You slept right through it.

Jamie : Whatever, Mom. Mom?

Haley : Happy birthday!

Jamie : Aah!

Haley : Rah! I can't believe you're 4 already!

Jamie : Seven.

Haley : Oh, would you settle for 5?

Jamie : No.

Haley : Maybe we could feed you coffee and cigarettes and keep you really small.

Jamie : Mnh-mnh! I'm 7. I've been waiting a long time for this, you know?

Haley : I know. And I really am sorry we had to cancel your party.

Jamie : You're really not that funny.

Haley : Hey, I can make you laugh though. Ha! Ha! Ha! What's the matter? What? You too old to be tickled, Mr. 7?

Jamie : Help! Where's Dad when I need him?

Haley : He can't help you now! He's at work!

* Even though I'm the only one *

AT THE STUDIO

Kylie : Mmm. You always smell so good.

Nathan : It's my rainstorm body spray.

* Sneak around and let yourself in back *

Kylie : It's gonna be a stormy night. Come here.

* Just give it a chance, just give it a chance *

Man : And cut!

Clay : Let's check it.

* Get the devil to dance like that? *

Nathan : What?

Clay : You are terrible at this. You're just so wooden.

Nathan : Hey, I told you I didn't want to do this, all right?

Clay : I'm just playing, man. You look great.

Nathan : No, I don't. I look wooden. I'm a wooden tool that uses body spray.

Clay : Come on, Nate. This is a great gig. A guy works all day, he has a date -- He wants to smell nice, so he reaches for some rainstorm body spray. And why? Because that's what Nathan Scott does.

Nathan : You know what else Nathan Scott does? He takes a shower. He actually washes himself. Body spray?

Clay : You might want to keep it down seeing as how they're paying you six figures and it is your only source of income right now.

Nathan : Oh, and whose fault is that? Oh, that's right. My agent's you.

Clay : I don't know why you choose to hurt me like this. The contract negotiations, the endorsements, the never-ending love and support.

Nathan : Oh, okay. All right, now I really do need some body spray to cover all that crap.

Clay : It all comes full circle.

Man : Pictures up!

Clay : Look, you sell the products. I'll sell you. But go and get this right so we can eat some cake already. Otherwise, "it's a gonna be a stormy night."

Nathan : Okay, all right.

Clay : You're so stormy.

AT MOUTH’S APPARTMENT

Mouth : Hey, man, what's up?

Skills : Okay. It ain't gonna work.

Mouth : What?

Skills : You trying to get rid of me with your naked ass.

Mouth : I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just hanging out in my apartment.

Skills : It ain't gonna work. Ain't gonna work!

AT SCOTT’S HOUSE

Jamie : Can I come out yet?

Haley : Uh... okay! Ta-da!

Jamie : Whoa. It's gonna be the best birthday ever!

Haley : See? All this, and not one scary clown. Hey, you want to see your cake?

Jamie : Wait, this is not --"Happy birthday, Jam?"

Quin : This cake is so good.

Jamie : Aunt Quinn!

Quin : Kid, I can't remember! Mmm. Dude, you're like, what, 32 now?

Jamie : 7.

Quin : 7, right. Of course. I was talking to your mom.

Haley : Ha ha. What are you doing here?

Quin : I had an assignment in New York, and I thought, "I don't know, I haven't seen my dorkiest sister in forever."

Haley : What? Taylor wasn't home?

Quin : You're so funny. Get your sexy butt over here. Mmm.

Jamie : Aunt Quinn, you ate my cake before I made a wish.

Quin : Nah. See, I don't think this is your real cake. If you look really, really close, if it was, I wouldn't be able to do this!

Haley : Aah!

Quin : Aw.

Jamie : You're so dead.

Quin : Oh! Hey!

Haley : You're crazy.

* Shock shock horror horror * * spill spill red wine down my shirt *

Haley : Run!

Quin : Oh, you're so dead!

* Thank you very much *

AT MOUTH’S HOUSE

Mouth : Hey, can I borrow a pen? I got to sign Jamie's card.

Skills : I don't know why you got to take this so personally.

Mouth : I don't know what you're talking about, dawg. I'm just airing things out.

Skills : No, you're not. You're mad because I want you to move out. But it's only because I'm trying to step things up with Millie. It's not like I don't still consider you a great friend. It's not like I don't want to hang with you.

Mouth : You're my friend. I love you.

Skills : I love you, too.

Millicent : Okay. Good to know the stereotype's not true.

* We took the test * * and we came out clean * * and you got drunk * * and I got mean * * Then I gave up * * and you did, too *

ON THE BEACH [Flashback]

Brooke : So, I want you to know I totally took one for the team, and I made you some closet space in the spare bedroom.

* I make amends * * You make them, too * * and I realize *

Julian : So, they called me about that film in New Zealand. They want me to produce it.

* I live alone *

Julian : It's a big movie, Brooke. It could make my career.

Brooke : Wow. Um... When does it start?

Julian : Right after this one.

Brooke : So, basically, now. For how long?

Julian : Eight months.

* I can't commit to anything * * I'm way too settled down *

Julian : I don't have to take it.

Brooke : No. You should. You have to.

Julian : Time's gonna fly by, I promise. Then we'll be together, okay?

Brooke : Thanks.

* Then I'll give up * * and you will, too * * but we do what we have to do *

AT SCOTT’S HOUSE – JAMIE’S BIRTHDAY

Clay : Oh, you know what? Let me get that for you, Hales.

Haley : Thanks, Clay.

Clay : And by the way, you look gorgeous.

Haley : Easy now. Have I mentioned he only makes 10%?

Clay : Yeah, but I wasn't the one making out with a lingerie model all morning.

Nathan : We weren't making -- There was no making out.

Jamie : Hey, Dad.

Nathan : Hey, buddy! Ahh. So, are you having a good time, 7?

Jamie : Yeah. Aunt Quinn is here, and she surprised me with my cake.

Clay : You know, the last girl I took home surprised me with --

Haley : Hey! Who wants to open presents? Yay!

Quinn : Check it out. Hey, he thinks you're hot.

Nathan : I am hot.

Quinn : Hi, Nate.

Nathan : Hey, Quinn. Clay, my sister-in-law Quinn. Quinn, my agent, Clay.

Quinn : Hi. Look, the Bobcats got no depth in the backcourt, So step up and get this guy paid, Jerry Maguire.

Clay : I like her.

Brooke : Hey, it's me again. I just thought you might want to wish Jamie a happy birthday. So call me when you get this... or any of the other three messages. Okay, bye.

Haley : Okay, we're gonna open presents. Are you all right?

Brooke : Julian's starting that new movie in New Zealand, and you know how it is.

Haley : Tell me about it.

Haley : Nathan's gone most of the year.

Haley : Yeah.

Haley : Well, at least the NBA has an off-season. Apparently, Hollywood doesn't. How's your new record coming?

Haley : So-so. The parent label is sending somebody out to run some of the day-to-day stuff so I can get a little bit more done. They said something about freeing me up.

Brooke : Well, that's good, right?

Jamie : Come on, Mom! Chop, chop!

Haley : Chop, chop?

Brooke : He gets that from me. Presents!

Haley : The bossiness, too.

Nathan : All right, Jam. Which one's first?

Jamie : Uncle Lucas.

* My faith is like wings made of wax *

Haley : Oh, read the card!

* That it won't last *

Jamie : "Jamie, Peyton and I miss you every day. This present was my best friend until I met your mom. I got it from my Uncle Keith when I turned 7, and now I want you to have it. It got me through all kinds of stuff, and I hope it helps you, too. I love you -- Uncle Lucas."

* Too afraid to dream *

Jamie : Cool! It's Uncle Lucas' basketball. Check it out, Dad!

* I want to chase the daylight *

Jamie : "Skills."

Skills : Ha, that's what I'm talkin' about, baby.

Jamie : Awesome! CDs!

Skills : Old-school hip-hop. Tupac, Biggie, Run-DMC, a'ight!

Lauren : Wait, I'm sorry -- You just gave a 7-year-old your tired, old, used CDs?

Skills : Look, baby, I had to. Goodwill wouldn't even take it.

Jamie : Oh, my... Dad.

Nathan : Don't worry, Jamie. I actually bought you something.

Jamie : Awesome! A Jerry Rice jersey.

Clay : Oh, man, that is exactly what I was gonna get you -- An autographed Jerry Rice jersey.

Jamie : It's not autographed.

Clay : Huh. I see. One second. Jerry. Hey, it's Clay. Listen, I'm at Jamie Scott's 7th birthday party, and... He thought you were 6.

Jamie : 7.

Clay : He claims he's 7. Yeah, he's a little short. Hey, anyways, I was wondering if you could maybe sign his jersey sometime. All right, cool. Yeah, thanks, man. Appreciate it. All right, not a problem.

Jamie : Sweet.

Clay : Especially since he's in the house.

Jerry Rice : Where's the birthday boy? Hey, where's Jamie?

Clay : Would you look at that? It's Jerry Rice.

Jerry Rice : How are you guys doing? What's up, Jamie?

Skills : Oh, damn, my gift sucks.

Jerry Rice : All right.

* I'm gonna live this life *

Alex : Hi, Nate. Do you mind if I get a picture?

Nathan : Yeah, sure, no problem.

Alex : You had a great season last year. Did you re-sign yet?

Nathan : No, not yet.

Alex : Hopefully soon though.

Nathan : I hope so.

Alex : Well, it was good to see you again. You don't remember me, do you?

* No, I will never look back * * I'm gonna live this life *

Jamie : Hey, Dad. Check it out. Jerry Rice signed my jersey. Oh, look at that!

Nathan : It's great, buddy.

* So open up the sky * * and open up my eyes *

Brooke : Hey, little man. You want your present or what? We have a tradition, you know.

Jamie : I know. It's my favorite.

Brooke : That's what I wanted to hear. All right, you get this much for being my godson. And an extra zero for being my very favorite guy.

Jamie : Whoa. Thanks, Aunt Brooke.

Brooke : You're welcome. I love you, buddy. What did you wish for?

Jamie : Well, if I tell, it won't come true. But maybe I can wish something for you. Mom says I get one wish for me, and I can wish stuff for other people, too.

Brooke : Dude, hook me up.

Jamie : Okay, here it goes.

* Chasing the daylight * * chasing the daylight * * I'm chasing you there *

Brooke : Wow, you're good.

IN THE SCOTT’S BEDROOM

Brooke : What are you doing here?

Julian : It's Jamie's birthday.

Brooke : What about the movie?

Julian : Well, I moved some things around.

Brooke : Mm!

AT SCOTT’S HOUSE

Jamie : Look, mom. Aunt Quinn got me luggage.

Haley : Uh-huh.

Quinn : That's good. I got it, buddy.

Haley : So, how long do we get you?

Quinn : I don't know. A few days.

Haley : That sounds wonderful. Come on.

Haley : I don't know about this problem. I'm still working on it. Anyway, one of the great things about this house is that there's all these spare bedrooms nobody ever uses. Really? Would you guys get a room? And not one of ours, please. Welcome back, Julian.

Brooke : I'm sorry! We're going!

* If I could be that guy *

AT SCOTT’S HOUSE

Jamie : Hut!

Clay : So, I think I'm gonna take off pretty soon. I got to knock out some work, and the body spray girl's coming by.

Nathan : The girl from the sh**t today. She has a name, you know? It's Kylie.

Clay : Of course it is.

* When I go to sleep *

Jamie : Hut!

Jerry Rice : Get him!

Jamie : Touchdown!

Clay : Someday when he's older, and he thinks back on his best days as a kid, he'll think of this day, the day he was happy and safe and loved. That's a hell of a gift, Nate.

Haley : All right. You fell as need anything?

Nathan : Just you.

Clay : Oh, well. All right. Your sister's hot, Hales.

Haley : Yeah, so is her husband, Clay. She's always been amazing, talented, artistic, wonderful marriage.

Quinn : Okay, guys. We got the greatest receiver in the history of the game right here. We're going deep to Jamie.

Jamie : Yeah.

Jerry Rice : Oh, man.

Quinn : Lauren, you run a slant. Andre, stay short.

Jerry Rice : So, what do I do?

Quinn : Jerry Rice, you block. Ready? Break!

Jerry Rice : 207 touchdowns and they got me blocking? Darn it.

* I'm nothing much, I know it's true *

Quinn : Hut! Jamie!

Clay : She throws a mean spiral.

Haley : My sister Quinn.

* I wanna see * * looking right at me *

ON THE BEACH

Julian : The beach is becoming our spot.

Brooke : I don't think you can call it a spot if it's every other month.

Julian : I guess that's fair. No, I'm sorry.

Brooke : Do you remember how it was in the beginning? Even if we were apart, we'd talk every night. And my heart raced with every text. And every time my phone rang, I hoped it would be you.

* You know where I can be found *

Julian : I still do that with you.

Brooke : Yeah?

* I wanna see looking right at me * * if I could be that guy *

Brooke : Peyton used to say, "People always leave." Who knew she was actually talking about her stupid ass? I'm just lonely.

Julian : We're here now.

Brooke : I know. And it's amazing. And it's what I wished for.

Julian : Want to know what I wished for?

Brooke : Mm-hmm.

Julian : Skinny-dipping.

Brooke : You did not!

Julian : Uh-huh, I did. You coming or what?

Brooke : That's what she said. Aah!

Julian : Ohh!

AT SCOTT’S HOUSE

Nathan : You know, I think our son had a great time today. He has his mom to thank for that.

Haley : I have his dad to thank for a great life. You know the last days when you were on the road, this is all I dreamed of -- nights like these? I think it's what I've always dreamed of.

Nathan : It's more than I dreamed.

Jamie : Who's creeping all up in my hood?

Haley : What?

Jamie : Skills gave me his CD collection.

Haley : Oh, Lord. Did you have a good birthday, Jamie?

Jamie : The best. I'm glad you guys are my parents.

Haley : Well, we're glad we didn't leave you on the steps of that orphanage... some days.

Jamie : Very funny.

Nathan : Hey, got your new ball, huh? You know, your birthday's not over yet. What do you say we go down to the river court, see if this thing's got any good sh*ts left in it?

Jamie : Cool, I'll get ready.

Nathan : Want to come?

Haley : Um... No, I think it'll be good for him to have some time with his dad. I'll just hang out with Quinn.

Nathan : You know, I'm glad Quinn's here. You guys will have fun together.

Haley : Yeah, me too. I'll see you.

Nathan : Oh. Summer night, bottle of wine...

Quinn : I know. If I was Taylor, it would totally be on.

Haley : Oh!

Quinn : You brat. Well, well, my rock star little sister hanging out at her lavish pool with her pro-basketball husband.

Haley : Speaking of husbands, how is David? Where is David?

Quinn : David's working on a documentary to save the world.

Haley : Wow. That sounds like David. You miss him?

Quinn : Yeah, I do.

Haley : You know, sometimes I think about the way we grew up... That house and the noise... the family. I miss it, you know?

Quinn : Why, Haley Bob? I mean, you have it all right here.

* Except I think I've had enough *

Nathan : All right, big man. Let's see what you got. You know, this old ball's probably a little rusty. Why don't you try again? There we go! That's what I'm talkin' about. Good as new.

Jamie : Was Uncle Lucas a good player?

Nathan : Yes, he was very good.

Jamie : How come he stopped playing?

Nathan : Well, he, uh, he had a problem with his heart.

Jamie : Like Grandpa Dan?

Nathan : Yeah, yeah, kind of like Grandpa Dan.

Jamie : I miss him. Uncle Lucas, I mean.

Nathan : Yeah, I know you do, buddy. I'll tell you what -- instead of playing "Horse," why don't we play a game of "Lucas" tonight, huh?

Jamie : All right, you go first.

Nathan : Okay. Really? It's like that? All right, so, if I miss this, I get an "L"?

Jamie : Yes, you do.

Nathan : If I make it, you give me 50 bucks.

Jamie : Yeah.

Nathan : Aw! Dang it.

Jamie : You get an "L."

* I had won * * so where is the good feeling? * * Where is the lighting up? * * Where are the thousand voices screaming *

AT CLAY’S HOUSE

Clay : Hey, it's me. Let's roll some calls. Try Mitch des Lakers.

ON THE BEACH

Brooke : So, how is the movie going?

Julian : Well, we ran into a couple of issues with work visas and permits.

Brooke : Meaning?

Julian : Meaning it's gonna be more like 10 months, not 8.

Brooke : You're k*lling me.

Julian : I know, but I do have some good news. I decided not to produce the movie.

Brooke : What?

Julian : Yeah.

Brooke : But why? That was an important movie.

Julian : No, it was a lucrative movie. It wasn't important. And I want to make important movies. And, besides, there's this girl that I'm kind of in love with, and... I couldn't be away from her for another day.

* ...crawl beneath the surface of my skin * * Will I let it in? * * Oh * * There must be a heart that keeps me here * * there must be a heart that keeps me here * * away from the panic and the fear * * There must be a heart that keeps me here *

AT CLAY’S HOUSE

Clay : If you look at the history of this position and the last five contracts given to players under 25 with his numbers, you'll see -- Well, I think you'll see that we're not being unreasonable. Sorry. Mm-hmm. Well... Yeah.

Kylie : Nice place. I assume it has a bedroom.

Clay : Yeah. Uh-huh. Well, there's been a baseline set by the marketplace, so... Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Uh-huh.

Kylie : I'll see you in there.

Clay : Bob, I got to call you back.

AT SCOTT’S HOUSE

Quinn : And there's wild animals that roam about everywhere. And when little boys turn 7, just like you, they have to go out into the wilderness and live alone for a whole week.

Jamie : Whoa. I probably couldn't do that.

Haley : Okay, time for bed, buddy!

Jamie : Okay. Good night, Aunt Quinn.

Quinn : Good night, monkey face!

Haley : Happy birthday, buddy. I'll be up in a minute. I think he really missed you. I know I did.

Quinn : I missed you, too.

Haley : That's weird. It's the studio calling.

Quinn : Why's that weird?

Haley : Because it's my studio, and I'm here. Please don't be me calling. Hello?

AT BEDROOM RECORDS STUDIO

Haley : Hi!

Miranda : Hi. Interesting business hours. I waited in the bar for half the day, and finally the manager let me in.

Haley : I'm so sorry. It is my son's birthday party today. I'm Haley anyway. It's nice to meet you.

Miranda : Miranda Stone. John Knight sends his best. We're all looking forward to hearing more of your music.

Haley : Thank you. Yeah, I know the process has been a little slow. It's been tough to focus on my record while running the label and raising my son, and...

Miranda : Yeah, we lost Peyton to one of those.

Haley : Sorry?

Miranda : Kids, you know? Family.

Haley : Uh, well, you know, we are just so happy that you're here. And I know the label's gonna run a lot smoother with you at the helm.

Miranda : Yeah, when we said we'd free you up, that's not what we meant.

Haley : I don't understand.

Miranda : I'm not here to run the label. I'm here to close it.

AT SCOTT’S HOUSE

Haley : Quinn? Hey, can I talk to you for a minute? What? What's going on?

Quinn : You know earlier when -- When I said I missed David? I do. And I have for a while now.

Haley : What happened, Quinn? You said he...

Quinn : I left him.

Haley : Oh, hey. Why?

Quinn : Because he's not the man I fell in love with. And he hasn't been for a while now. And I didn't agree to spend the rest of my life sleeping next to a complete stranger.

* You were always bound to fall * * there's nothing you can do * * the weight of gravity *

Nathan : Dude, no way you're still up.

Jamie : I don't want it to end.

Nathan : Bed. Now.

Jamie : Always keeping a brother down.

Nathan : Mm-hmm.

* So, what are you to do now? *

Nathan : All right.

Jamie : Hey, dad, was your 7th birthday as good as mine?

Nathan : You want the truth?

Jamie : Dad, I'm 7. I can handle it.

Nathan : Well, um... We had this big party planned just like yours. But then Grandpa Dan realized that there was a pee-wee basketball tournament the same day. So we canceled the party. My team ended up losing the game, and, uh, he didn't speak to me for the rest of my birthday.

Jamie : Did you ever forgive him?

Nathan : I wish I could say yes, son. But I'm not sure I ever did.

Jamie : Well, I think you should.

Nathan : Well, you're a good man, Jamie Scott. Good night, son.

Jamie : Hey, Dad? I think you're good enough to forgive him. You're Nathan Scott.

* Is it starting to break underneath my feet? *

Dan : Forgiveness is never easy.

* You're so far away *

Dan : Bitterness is easy. Hatred is easy. But forgiveness, that's a tough one. Sometimes, people say things they don't mean or do things they can't take back. Sometimes we do things we can't take back. So we feed ourselves to starve the pain.

* So afraid of landing * * Do we leave it all? * * Will you ever answer? *

Clay : Get a list of all the free-agent and restricted point guards in the league and find out if the Bobcats are talking to any of them. Call that kid from Arkansas. Set up a meeting to discuss representation. Saturday is the 14th. Send flowers.

Dan : We're all afraid of something.

AT BROOKE’S HOUSE

Brooke : I'm scared. What if we ruin it?

Julian : What are you talking about?

Brooke : The feeling that I get when I see you after a month. And the way my heart aches when I smell your skin. I don't want it to go away.

Julian : It won't. We won't let it.

* So I cannot find you * * I'm walking like I'm blinded *

Dan : I was afraid. I was dying. But in the face of great despair, I had an epiphany -- What I've done is who I am. But what I've done is not who I'll be.

* Is it starting to break... *

AT CLAY’S HOUSE

Kylie : Hey, you. Come to bed. I'll make it worth your while.

Clay : I can't. Uh... actually, I got to go. You can sleep here... or I'll see you later.

Kylie : Wow, nothing like love at first sight.

Clay : I don't believe in love.

AT TV BROADCAST

Dan : It's been nearly 37 million seconds -- 10,000 hours, 14 months -- Since I realized what I've done is not who I can be. Unburden yourself from the mistakes of your past. And when you do, your heart grows stronger. I should know. Mine was supposed to go out a long time ago. It doesn't mean what you've done is forgotten.

ON THE PONTOON

Nathan : It's 4:30 in the morning, Clay.

Clay : Yeah, I know. I'm sorry.

Nathan : What's going on?

Clay : Does that girl look familiar to you?

Nathan : Yeah, she was at the party today. Why?

Clay : She says she slept with you on the road, Nate. What you've done is out there. And she's going public. And what you've done remembers.