08x13 - The Other Half of Me

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

08x13 - The Other Half of Me

Post by bunniefuu »

BROOKE'S FORMER HOUSE

Brooke,little girl, sat on the flight of steps while her parents quarrel inside the house. She sees a married couple passing by car.

VICTORIA: Until you get it through your thick skull that I'm not happy!

FATHER: Happy? You think I'm happy? You think I like working all day and come home to the same broken record?

VICTORIA: Oh, I'm a broken record?

FATHER: Yes, you are!

VICTORIA: Well, I wish I'd never married you! It was a mistake I did.

FATHER: Can I go now? I've had enough of you for one night.

VICTORIA: I've had enough of you for one life!

NALEY'S HOUSE

Julian wake up with Chester on the chest.

JAMIE: Sorry, Julian. I told Chester that you and Brooke were getting married today. He's not taking it very well.

JULIAN: Okay. Why would your rabbit have an emotional response to our wedding?

JAMIE: Well, he's always had a thing for Brooke.

JULIAN: How could you possibly know that?

JAMIE: It's in the eyes. What's this?

JULIAN: That, my very best man, is one half of a bumper-car token.

JAMIE: Where's the other half?

JULIAN: With a girl.

JAMIE: Brooke?

JULIAN: Nope. When I was around your age, I went to a county fair, and I met a girl, and we went on a bunch of rides together.

JAMIE: Oh, cool. Which rides?

JULIAN: Doesn't matter. Old county-fair rides. Totally irrelevant to the story. Okay. One of them was the Octopus.

JAMIE: I love the Octopus.

JULIAN: Anyway, the point is, it was

the first crush I ever had. And not a "Chester likes Brooke" kind of crush, a real crush. You ever have that feeling?

JAMIE: I think Madison's pretty cool.

JULIAN: Mm-hmm. Right. Well, I thought this girl was pretty cool, too. And at the end of the night, we only had one token left. So we decided to break it in half.

JAMIE: So, what happened to the girl?

JULIAN: I don't know. I don't even remember her name. It wasn't really about the girl. It was about the idea of someone out there...for me. So I kept this half bumper-car token ever since as a reminder that somewhere out there, if I'm lucky, is my other half.

RIVERCOURT

Nathan makes some sh**t.

NATHAN: Think you can stop me, punk?

JAMIE: No. Why am I a punk?

NATHAN: 'Cause you're standing between me and the basket.

JAMIE: Oh, sorry. Do you want me to move?

NATHAN: No. You're fine right there.

JAMIE: Ooh. Nice.

NATHAN: So, have you written your best-man speech yet?

JAMIE: I'm supposed to write a speech?

NATHAN: Yeah. At the reception, the best man and the maid of honor, they always give speeches.

JAMIE: About what?

NATHAN: You just talk about what Julian means to you and why he and Brooke are right for each other. You know, your mom probably didn't tell you this because she wants her speech to be better than yours.

JAMIE: Of course she did.

(Julian comes in)

NATHAN: Ah, there he is. We were just talking about you. You nervous for the big day?

JULIAN: Why would I be nervous? Is something important happening today? That was a joke. Told it twice today already. Got some big laughs the first two times.

NATHAN: Two out of three is pretty solid. Nice work.

JULIAN: Right. Well, I got a task for Jamie. I can't see Brooke the day of the wedding, so I need you to deliver that to her for me.

NATHAN: Dude, are you using my son as a messenger boy?

JULIAN: No, I'm using my best man as a messenger boy. All right. I'll see you guys later.

NATHAN: Julian. You can't step onto the River Court and leave without taking a sh*t.

JULIAN: Is that a rule? 'Cause I never...

(Julian sh*ts and marks a basket)

JAMIE: Ooh! Oh.

NATHAN: Nice.

JAMIE: Guess this is my lucky day.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Brooke breakfasts and Haley gets up.

BROOKE: Good morning, maid of honor. Nice of you to join me on my wedding day. I was gonna check and see if you were still alive in there.

HALEY: I don't know why I overslept. I'm sorry. I never oversleep, seriously. I don't...I don't even need an alarm clock. It was just...

BROOKE: The mattress?

HALEY: That mattress. I had no idea something that comfortable existed. It's like it was made out of hopes and dreams.

BROOKE: Yeah, when Sam lived here, I used to have to drag her kicking and screaming out of there every morning.

HALEY: I can see why.

BROOKE: Now, don't get too excited, but this is for you. Your maid-of-honor gift.

HALEY: Brooke, that's so sweet. My goodness. It's beautiful! Oh!

BROOKE: I know it's incomplete right now, but you'll fill the other side soon enough.

HALEY: It's beautiful. I love it. Thank you so much.

Somebody knocks at the door. Brooke is going to open, it's Jamie.

JAMIE: Hello, Brooke. I'm here on official best-man business. Julian has requested that I give this to you.

BROOKE: Thanks, buddy. It's very professional.

HALEY: Hey, there, little man.

JAMIE: I know about the speech.

HALEY: Oh. Your dad told you, huh? Huh. You ready?

JAMIE: Maybe. Are you ready?

HALEY: Maybe. So, what are you gonna say?

JAMIE: Oh, you'll see. What are you gonna say?

HALEY: Oh, you'll see. But, sweetie, you know this isn't a competition, right?

JAMIE: Okay. Good.

HALEY: Okay.

JAMIE: Just remember that when they like my speech more.

Brooke opens the envelope that Jamie gave to her. It is a CD inside. Brooke puts it in radio set.

BROOKE: "The moment I fell in love with you." I apologize for what I'm about to do.

HALEY: What are you about to do?

(Brooke dances)

HALEY: Okay. Why are you dancing like that, Brooke?

BROOKE: Because this dance is what made an amazing man fall in love with me.

HALEY: Yeah? That one? All right. Turn it up. I'd join you. I just don't want to go into labor on your wedding day.

ONE TREE HILL – OPEN CREDITS

MOUTH'S APARTMENT

Skills gives the last directives before going to the church.

SKILLS: Listen up. It all starts here. As ushers at today's wedding, we've been given a huge responsibility. And I'm not gonna lie. It might be dangerous. But that's why we were chosen.

CHASE: I thought we were chosen because Julian has no guy friends.

SKILLS: Pay attention, man. Today we're the first and only line of defense.

MOUTH: Dude, come on. We're just supposed to seat the guests when they show up and then go get drunk.

SKILLS: There will be no drinking during today's security detail.

CHASE: Skills, we're ushers, not security.

SKILLS: I've seen this lazy attitude before. Everybody starts having fun. People let their guard down, then bam!

CHASE: Bam?

MOUTH: Bam?

SKILLS: Bam. Something bad always happens at Tree Hill weddings. But today we're gonna prevent it.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Somebody knocks at the door. Haley is going to open, it's Victoria.

VICTORIA: Hello, Haley. Is Brooke here?

HALEY: Hi, Victoria. Yes. Come on in.

(Victoria enters)

HALEY: So, I'm...I'm gonna go find out what that heavenly mattress is made of.

BROOKE: What can I do for you?

VICTORIA: It's your wedding day.

BROOKE: Mom, that doesn't mean that you can just show up...

VICTORIA: So I thought I'd just stop by and give you this. Go ahead. It's definitely old not that I expect or even allow you to wear it tonight. But I know it meant a lot to you.

BROOKE: I can't believe you kept this.

VICTORIA: I remember the night you found it.

BROOKE: So do I.

VICTORIA: You brought it to me and you said, "someday, mom, I'm gonna wear one of these."

BROOKE: And do you remember what you said to me? You said, "don't ever get married, Brooke. It'll ruin your life."

VICTORIA: Yeah. Well...I guess it's a good thing, then, you stopped taking my advice somewhere along the way. I'll see you at the church.

CHURCH

Quinn takes some photos where as Alex looks at photos of Quinn in her computer.

QUINN: So, are you excited about the reception? There's gonna be a lot of single guys there.

ALEX: I don't think I'm gonna go. Chase and Mia are going.

QUINN: Together?

ALEX: Well, Chase said they're going as friends, but who knows? Either way, it just creates a really awkward situation. And I'm so tired of embarrassing myself with them.

QUINN: You know, it's not really about Chase and Mia. It's about your good friend who's getting married. And I know Julian really wants you there. So you should go for him. At least think about it.

ALEX: I cannot believe you took these pictures. They're amazing.

QUINN: Thanks. Can you keep a secret?

ALEX: Honestly, I'm really terrible at keeping secrets. This one time, my friend Kimmy told me she hooked up with two people at the same party, and I promised I wouldn't say a word. But then I told like four people within an hour, and one of them was actually Kimmy, so...

QUINN: Okay, this is a little more serious than a random double at a party.

ALEX: Okay. You can talk to me. You have a secret girlfriend?

QUINN: No. That's Katie, the crazy stalker who sh*t Clay and me. She came back because she found out I was watching her.

ALEX: And Clay doesn't know about this?

QUINN: No. And the worst part is that he thinks it's his fault that she came back.

ALEX: Well, you could make a case for "what's done is done." I mean, you can't undo things now. But if you're feeling guilty, you should just tell him the truth. I have seen how that boy looks at you. And I promise you, it'll be okay.

QUINN: Thanks. I've just been carrying it around with me, and, uh...You know, it's not fair to Clay. I think it's important that I tell him the truth.

ALEX: Good. You know, besides, there is a very good chance that I might tell him later by mistake.

QUINN: Give me this. You're terrible.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Nathan and Jamie go down stair, dressed in tux.

NATHAN: Look at us. Scott men looking good in our tuxes. So, how's your speech?

JAMIE: Oh, great. I'm almost done.

NATHAN: Oh.

JAMIE: Can I read you some of it?

NATHAN: Yeah. Let's hear it.

JAMIE: All right. Okay. "When I first made Julian's acquaintance, I was genuinely impressed

with his demeanor."

NATHAN: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up. What was that?

JAMIE: That was my opening. Should I lead with a joke instead?

NATHAN: No offense, buddy, but it sounded a bit stiffand grown-up.

JAMIE: That's what I was going for. I don't want the speech to sound like it was written by a kid.

NATHAN: It was written by a kid. Look, just think about how much Brooke and Julian really mean to you and then talk about that.

JAMIE: All right. I'll start over. But seriously, should I lead with a joke?

NATHAN: No. Stay away from the jokes. Your mom learned that lesson the hard way at Peyton and Lucas' wedding. Plus, I've seen your act at the talent show. You know, Lucas always started with a quote from one of his favorite authors. So maybe you can find one that helps you get your feelings across.

JAMIE: Hmm.

CHURCH

Mouth, Chase and Skills await the first guests.

CHASE: Milk? Really? I can't believe we're not allowed to drink. This sucks.

MOUTH: Weddings are supposed to be fun.

SKILLS: It's our job to make sure everyone else has fun.

(Julian comes in)

SKILLS: Hey, look. Here he is the groom. Hey, Julian Baker. You nervous?

JULIAN: Nope, not nervous at all. Everything okay?

SKILLS: You tell me, Julian Baker. Or is it, uh...Julian Norris? Bam.

JULIAN: Bam? Well, yes, skills, I was born Julian Norris, and I changed my last name to Baker.

SKILLS: Hmm. Running from the past?

JULIAN: Did you do a background check on me?

SKILLS: Google search, advanced settings. You know, a few years back, there was a wedding here in Tree Hill, and the bride really wasn't who she said she was. A lot of good people got hurt that day.

JULIAN: What's your point?

SKILLS: You look nervous.

JULIAN: Okay, skills. Do you mind if I attend my own wedding now? Thank you.

SKILLS: I don't trust him.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Haley prepares to Brooke for the ceremony.

HALEY: Does that feel tight?

BROOKE: Mm-hmm.

HALEY: Okay. Okay. That's it. Wow. Brooke, you are officially the most beautiful bride ever. And you're not even in your dress yet. Oh. You are gonna look so...So beautiful in that dress.

BROOKE: Haley, don't. 'Cause if you cry, then I'm gonna cry, and I don't want to have to redo my makeup.

HALEY: Okay. All right. I'm sorry. You're right. I just... Okay. We have to get ready to go to the church anyway.

BROOKE: We're going to the church. We're going to the church where I'm getting married. Haley,

I'm getting married.

HALEY: We are so gonna have to redo your makeup.

BROOKE: I know.

CHURCH

Skills and Mouth check the guests at the entry.

SKILLS: What you hiding under there, grandpa?

MOUTH: His artificial hip.

SKILLS: Hey! I'm watching you, oldie.

MOUTH: This is getting ridiculous, Skills.

SKILLS: He looked suspicious.

MOUTH: He's like 85 years old. You are seriously losing it, man.

(Millicent comes in)

MOUTH: Wow. Millie. You look great.

MILLICENT: Thanks. So do you. How's the ushering?

MOUTH: You mean the security detail?

SKILLS: Hey, Millie. You got your invitation?

MILLICENT: No. Sorry. I left it at home.

SKILLS: Nothing personal, but I'm gonna need you to run on home and get that.

MILLICENT: Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna do that.

MOUTH: That's okay. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to vouch for my girlfriend. I mean, uh... She's with me.

MILLICENT: Yes, she is.

SKILLS: Move it right along. Got to keep this area clear. Hey.

Quinn takes some pictures of Julian with his parents.

QUINN: That was a good one.

SYLVIA: Well, the lighting in here is dreadful.

PAUL: It's not the lighting, Sylvia. It's the many years that have passed since you were born.

SYLVIA: Oh, that's right. I forgot you were dating a fetus, Paul. How's that working out for you?

PAUL: She never complains about bad lighting.

SYLVIA: She's probably too busy complaining about her homework.

QUINN: Okay. I just need a few more, and we'll be done very, very soon, okay?

PAUL: I just realized, this is the groom's dressing room. I thought only guys were supposed to be back here.

SYLVIA: I'm his mother.

PAUL: Exactly. You shouldn't be here. Thank you for agreeing with me for once.

JULIAN: Stop it. That's it. I have spent my entire life listening to you two argue about absolutely nothing. So can you please spend the next few hours at least pretending to like each other? You don't even really have to mean it. You just have to pretend, for me. Okay?

SYLVIA: All right.

QUINN: Okay.

Alex arrives, she sees Chase with Mia.

CHASE: Hi.

ALEX: Hey. You guys look great. You always did make a cute couple.

MIA: We're just friends.

ALEX: Right. Are you supposed to show me to my seat?

CHASE: Here's a program.

Chase accompanies Alex to her seat.

CHASE: So, which side do you want to sit on?

ALEX: Depends. Which side are you and your date sitting on?

CHASE: Over there. Just friends.

ALEX: Then I'll sit over here. Thanks.

Quinn takes pictures of Brooke and her mother.

QUINN: These are so great. Now I just need a few photos of you and your dad and then one of you three together, and we'll be all set.

BROOKE: My dad's not here yet.

VICTORIA: There's a big surprise.

BROOKE: Stop it. He'll be here.

VICTORIA: Well, don't hold your breath, dear.

BROOKE: He'll be here.

QUINN: Yeah.

Skills and Jamie await the groom.

SKILLS: See, this is the calm before the storm.

JAMIE: Mm-hmm.

SYLVIA: Hi.

SKILLS: Dang. Mama Baker lookin' hot today.

JAMIE: She is?

SKILLS: Mm-hmm.

JAMIE: Hmm. Hey, why don't you have a date?

SKILLS: Man, you're not supposed to have a date at a wedding. Me and you, we're rollin' solo tonight, dawg.

JAMIE: Well, yeah, um, I have a date.

SKILLS: With who?

JAMIE: Madison. I guess you're gonna have to roll solo tonight. Good luck, dawg.

SKILLS: Damn it.

Haley comes to see Brooke in her dress.

HALEY: Brooke? Ohh.

BROOKE: Don't you dare ruin my makeup again.

HALEY: I just came by to tell you I love you.

BROOKE: That's not gonna keep me from crying. So, what do you think?

HALEY: I think you are the perfect bride.

BROOKE: Thank you.

HALEY: I will see you out there.

BROOKE: Haley, I love you, too.

(Haley goes out and Victoria enters)

VICTORIA: Brooke.

BROOKE: He's not coming, is he?

VICTORIA: No.

BROOKE: So what are we gonna do?

VICTORIA: We're gonna do what we always do.

Haley walks in the aisle.

JULIAN: Psst! I think Madison has a crush on you.

JAMIE: Really? How can you tell?

JULIAN: It's in the eyes. Hey, I want you to have this.

JAMIE: But you've kept it all these years.

JULIAN: I know. It means a lot to me. But it's yours now. I don't need it anymore. I found my other half.

Brooke and Victoria begin to walk in the aisle.

FLASHBACK, BROOKE AND JULIAN'S MOMENTS

JULIAN: I mean, I kiss you, and then it gets...

BROOKE: Definitely. It would be...

JULIAN: It would be.

JULIAN: I want you to have this.

BROOKE: And what is this supposed to mean?

JULIAN: It means we're going steady.

JULIAN: I'm in love with you. I'm so lost and completely in love with you. I have been ever since I saw you doing that ridiculous Molly Ringwald dance.

JULIAN: I love you, Brooke Davis.

BROOKE: You told me that someday I'd be ready to let someone in. I think today might be someday.

CHURCH

JULIAN: Wow.

JAMIE: Wow. Brooke looks like an angel.

JULIAN: That's why I'm not nervous.

Brooke joins Julian and the priest begins to speak.

PRIEST: Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony. Today, Julian and Brooke proclaim their love to the world with these words. Julian.

JULIAN: Thank you. Brooke, before I met you, I thought my world had everything I needed to be happy. I had nothing else to compare it to. Then you walked into my life, and everything changed. I realized how empty my world was without you in it. And my old life was no longer capable of making me happy, not without you. I love everything about you, Brooke. I love the way you challenge me like no one ever has. I love the way you look at me like no one ever has. And I love the way you love me like no one ever has. I can't imagine spending my life without you. And if you say yes to me in a few minutes, I won't have to. You look beautiful, by the way.

PRIEST: Brooke.

BROOKE: Julian... Before I met you, my world revolved around one thing. Me. And I liked it that way, on my own. But then I met you, and you saw through the facade. You saw me. You've taught me to trust, how to let someone in, and what it truly means to fall in love. I can't possibly describe how much I love you, so I'll tell you why I love you. You see the world in a way that no one else does, and you appreciate everything...Including me. There's no one in the world like you. And if you say yes in a few minutes, I'll get to spend the rest of my life trying to see the world through your eyes, appreciating everything...Including you, the most unique, wonderful, and terribly handsome man I've ever met.

PRIEST: Julian and Brooke, you came here today to exchange these vows. Julian, do you take Brooke to be thy wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?

JULIAN: I do.

PRIEST: Brooke, do you take this man to be thy wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health so long as you both shall live?

BROOKE: I do.

PRIEST: The rings, please.

JULIAN: Thanks, buddy. Brooke, this ring symbolizes my desire for you to be my wife from this day forward.

BROOKE: Julian, this ring symbolizes my desire for you to be my husband from this day forward.

PRIEST: If anyone can show just cause why this couple should not be joined together, speak now...

SKILLS: Don't nobody say nothin'!

CHASE: Bam.

PRIEST: Well, in...in that case...

BROOKE: Okay.

PRIEST: By the power vested in me by the state of North Carolina, I now pronounce you husband and wife.

JULIAN: Can I kiss my wife now?

BROOKE: You better.

(They kiss)

RECEPTION

Haley is impatient to see the bride and groom.

HALEY: Why do the bride and groom always make you wait so long before they arrive?

NATHAN: I'm sure they'll be here any minute.

HALEY: I just want Brooke to love everything. She hasn't seen any of this yet.

NATHAN: Don't worry. She's gonna love it. Look at this place. You and Sylvia should do this for a living.

HALEY: So, have you, uh, heard Jamie's speech yet?

NATHAN: I'm not getting involved, Hales.

HALEY: In what? Look, it's not a spy mission. I just want to know if he's gonna play the cute-kid card to win over the room. What? He does that, you know.

DJ: Ladies and gentleman, at this time, I'd like everyone to direct their attention to the dance floor as I introduce to you, for the first time anywhere as husband and wife, Mr. and Mrs. Julian Baker!

(Julian and Brooke arrive)

DJ: And now for their first dance.

Julian and Brooke dance.

BROOKE: We did it.

JULIAN: Yes, we did.

BROOKE: So, what now?

JULIAN: I don't know. I'm kind of new to this whole marriage thing. I guess we'll just figure it out as we go.

BROOKE: Sounds good to me. I love you.

JULIAN: I love you, too.

Mouth, Millie, Chase, Mia and Skills talk together.

MOUTH: Shh! ''Don't nobody say nothin'!''

CHASE: Dude, what were you thinking?

SKILLS: Hey, y'all can laugh all you want. But today was the best day of their lives. I mean, everything worked out. No psychos, no kidnappings. Nobody got left at the altar. Now it's time to drink and have slutty wedding sex. Where's Sylvia?

(Skills researches Sylvia)

CHASE: What Chase kind of drink is this?

BARTENDER: It's my specialty, the Blue Magellan. Enjoy the buzz.

CHASE: That's my line. Did you hear that? That guy stole my line and my drink.

MILLICENT: Wow. That's not a Brain Blaster.

MIA: No. It's delicious. Sorry, Chase.

Quinn and Millie join Alex at a table.

QUINN: Why are you sitting all by yourself? I have seen at least five cute, single guys here.

ALEX: Two. I scanned the room, and they're not even that cute.

MILLICENT: Cute enough to make Chase jealous.

ALEX: You think so?

QUINN: No, Millie. Look, you do not need to be making Chase jealous.

MILLICENT: I don't know. He did come here with Mia.

ALEX: As friends.

MILLICENT: Mm-hmm. Maybe they'll have the slutty wedding sex. Did I just say that out loud?

QUINN: Yeah.

MILLICENT: Sorry. I'm a little drunk. But it's just at every wedding, someone has slutty wedding sex. It's inevitable.

ALEX: Then why don't you go find Melvin and get it on? Because Chase isn't gonna nail Mia in some closet.

MILLICENT: I hope I catch the bouquet.

DJ announces the dance of married with their parents.

DJ: If everyone could please once again direct their attention to the dance floor, it's time for the groom and his mother and the bride and her father to lead us in a dance.

JULIAN: Um...

BROOKE: It's okay. Go.

(Paul approaches Brooke)

PAUL: Shall we?

Brooke dances with Paul.

BROOKE: Thank you for doing this.

PAUL: You're my daughter now.

BROOKE: My dad promised me he'd be here tonight.

PAUL: I'm sure he meant it when he said it. I know this won't make you feel better, but take it from a father who knows what it's like to let his child down. He already regrets not being here.

Julian dances with Sylvia.

JULIAN: Mom, I still can't thank you enough for everything you've done here tonight.

SYLVIA: My only son got married today.

JULIAN: And thank you for being so civil with dad. I know it's not that easy for you.

SYLVIA: It's not so bad. I may want to rip his head off every time he opens his mouth. But the truth is, when I look at him, I am reminded that he is the guy who gave me the single greatest gift in my life. My Aston Martin. And you.

Jamie revises his speech, Haley comes to see him.

HALEY: So, is that it?

JAMIE: Yep.

HALEY: Almost that time. I'm ready. I guess the question is... Are you ready?

JAMIE: What if no one likes my speech?

HALEY: Sweetie, everybody's gonna love your speech.

JAMIE: Well, I keep reading it. It's not very good. I don't want Julian to wish he had picked someone else to be his best man.

HALEY: Julian chose you because he loves you and because of what you mean to him, not because of some speech that you have to give. Hey, I'm sure it's great, but if you don't like what you wrote, you can always just tell us a story about Julian, something that reminds you of him.

DJ: All right, everyone, it's time for the best man to come on up here and say a few words.

HALEY: Okay. Take a deep breath. Tell us a story.

Jamie says his speech.

JAMIE: J.K. Rowling once wrote, "the consequences of our actions are so complicated, so diverse that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed." J.K. Rowling was right. But what most of you don't know is Julian was able to do it. He knew a long time ago that he would find Brooke. When Julian was my age, which was a very, very, very, very long time ago, he went to a county fair,

and he met a girl...not Brooke. But they went on a bunch of rides together, including the Octopus. Irrelevant to the story. But that night, Julian felt a crush for the first time, a real crush. Relax, Aunt Brooke. He was my age. So at the end of the night, they decided to break this bumper-car token in half. Julian has kept his half all these years, not because he missed the girl, but because he knew somewhere out there was the other half, his perfect match. And he was right. Today Julian married

my Aunt Brooke. She's probably the coolest girl I know and the girl Julian's been waiting for since he broke this bumper-car token in half a long time ago at a county fair. And today, Julian gave me this token. He said he didn't need it anymore because he found his other half. Congratulations, Julian. I think it was worth the wait.

JULIAN: Thanks, buddy.

Haley tells her speech.

HALEY: Well, when I first met Brooke Davis she had no idea who I was. Of course, everyone knew who she was. She was the most popular girl in school. She was head cheerleader, annoyingly pretty. Still is. And I used to wonder back then, "what it would be like to be friends with Brooke? Would she make me popular? Would all the boys start asking me out?" And then one night, I got to hang out with Brooke all night. And, oh, she didn't like my name, though, so she decided she was gonna give me a name that she did like, which ended up being Brooke. And from that moment, I knew that I wanted Brooke to be my friend, not because she was gonna make me popular and not because boys would start asking me out, but because I got a glimpse of the real Brooke, a girl with the biggest heart that I have ever known. And, you know, when you're in High School, it's not very easy to let people see who you really are. I could see it, though. It was in the eyes. So we became friends, and now she's my best friend. We've been through so much together over the years. And our friendship is still growing. So I know that your friendship and love for Julian will continue to grow every year for the rest of your lives. And I feel so lucky to be a part of that. I love you, Brooke Davis.

DJ introduces the next part of the party.

DJ: And now at this time, I need all the single ladies to come on up to the front. Brooke has something she wants to toss your way.

CLAY: All right. Get in there. Make me proud.

QUINN: Oh, no, it's my responsibility, you know, to capture the big moments at the wedding, like the bouquet toss. So I can't really participate.

CLAY: Right. Give me the camera. Just point and click, right?

QUINN: No. It's more complicated than that. I mean, you have to, like...

CLAY: Go. I've used a camera before.

QUINN: Just point and click. Thanks.

DJ: Okay, Brooke. When you're ready.

(It's Millicent who catches the bouquet)

Clay shows the picture who takes to Quinn.

CLAY: You're having fun. It's nice to see you like this.

QUINN: I feel like we got our lives back.

CLAY: Yeah.

QUINN: Clay, I need to tell you something.

CLAY: Okay.

QUINN: It was my fault that Katie came back.

CLAY: Don't say that. It's my fault.

QUINN: No, it's not, okay? After I left South Africa, I didn't come home right away...Because I found Katie. And she knew that I found her, so she came back for me. It was my fault, Clay.

CLAY: Why didn't you tell me?

QUINN: I don't know. Maybe I was afraid of what you'd say. But...But I wanted you to know. It's not fair to you, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

CLAY: You've gone through so much. And all of it started with me and Katie. But I could have lost you forever, Quinn. That's not something I can live with.

QUINN: I promise I'll always be honest and open with you.

CLAY: I'm sorry you had to go through all this. I love you.

QUINN: I love you, too.

Skills prepares the limousine but Chase and Mia make sex inside. Julian and Brooke leave the room and prepare to return on their premises.

SKILLS: Hey, guys. I think you might want to take your truck. I already had it decorated just in case of an emergency, like if someone decided to steal the limo and drive it off a bridge.

BROOKE: Okay.

JULIAN: Okay. Thanks, skills. You did a good job here today. I hope you know that.

SKILLS: Thank you.

Quinn joins Alex, alone, in the table.

QUINN: That couldn't have been easy.

ALEX: It was unexpected but expected. Does that make sense?

QUINN: Yeah. I'm sorry.

ALEX: No. You were right. This night wasn't about them. It wasn't about me. It was about Brooke and Julian. And I'm really happy I was here for them.

QUINN: You know, you don't have to try so hard with Chase or with any guy. Look at you. You're beautiful and you're fun, and any guy would be so lucky to be with you.

ALEX: Thanks, Quinn. You know, I think I just realized something. Chase was into Mia, and then he was into me. And then he wasn't sure. And I think I just I wanted to win.

QUINN: So maybe it wasn't about Chase. Maybe it was more about the chase.

ALEX: Yeah.

QUINN: Come here. No more crying.

ALEX: Thanks, Quinn.

Haley wakes up Jamie.

HALEY: Psst. Hey, sleepy. You did great tonight.

JAMIE: You think it was okay?

HALEY: Okay? Man, I have heard a lot of best-man speeches in my life, and yours was by far the sweetest, the most honest, and the most memorable. I have never been so proud of you. And you know what? Your little sister would be proud, too.

JAMIE: I'm gonna have a little sister?

HALEY: Is that okay?

JAMIE: Yeah. I hope she's just like you, mom.

JULIAN'S TRUCK

Brooke and Julian are so happy.

BROOKE: We made it, didn't we?

JULIAN: You okay, Mrs. Baker?

BROOKE: I'm so happy, Mr. Davis.

(Brooke passes in front of the house where it grew, as bride this time)

End of the episode.