01x10 - The Bridge

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.". September 2013 to current.*

Moderator: kickedshins

Watch or Buy on Amazon Merchandise

The missions of the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.

01x10 - The Bridge

Post by bunniefuu »

When we open we can see barbwire atop a high fence. The runner at the bottom of the screen says: HAVENWORTH FEDERAL PENITENTIARY as we see guards standing on top of walls looking down inside the complex.

We cut to inside the prison, we appear to be in some sort of lunch room. The man who Raina spoke to is sitting at a table eating his lunch alone. Another prisoner walks over to his table and sets his tray down. The man Raina talked to stops chewing and looks at the tray, but not at the man who still has not sat down.

RAINA'S MAN: That seat is taken.

Slowly Raina’s Man’s eyes travel up to the prisoner, the prisoner scoffs a bit, picks up his tray and walks away. Raina’s man goes back to eating his lunch. Suddenly a man falls in from the ceiling. He does the “Superhero landing” (to borrow Deadpool’s phrase) he lands on his knees fist on the ground. We can see the Centipede device attached to his forearm. The other prisoners in the room scatter and the guards come to deal with the thr*at.

GUARD: Perimeter breach, quad four! Three guys just crashed into the prison!

I didn’t see three enter, but I suppose I’ll believe him. One guy hits one of the guards in the chest sending him flying backward from the impact. We pan over to see Raina’s guy, calmly continuing to eat his lunch. We do see a second Centipede soldier, he has the hand of one of the guards and is crushing it. And now I do see the third Centipede soldier, he’s walking over to Raina’s Man addressing him directly.

CENTIPEDE SOLDIER: It’s time to go!

A guard walks to intercept the Centipede Solider, he grabs the man’s chest and flips him around no problem. Ropes drop from the hole in the ceiling as the Centipede Solider looks at Raina’s Man.

RAINA'S MAN: Sir.

Centipede Solider cocks his head at the man confused.

CENTIPEDE SOLDIER: Excuse me?

RAINA'S MAN: Time to go, sir.

CENTIPEDE SOLDIER: It’s time to go, sir.

His last word was punctuated with a hard hit to the chest of an incoming guard.

Raina’s man wipes his mouth and stands from the table. The three Centipede Soldiers along with Raina’s Man all attach themselves to the ropes from the ceiling and ascend upwards and out of the prison.

S.H.I.E.L.D. logo screen.

We see The Bus flying high overhead. We cut inside The Bus and see Skye inside her bunk clicking keys on her laptop and looking at, what looks like, profiles of people. We get a slightly better look and they are all females that she is looking at. Coulson knocks on her door.

COULSON: Mission briefing in five minutes.

SKYE: Okay.

Coulson comes into her bunk and looks down at her laptop. We can see that it is in fact profiles of female S.H.I.E.L.D. agents Skye is looking at.

COULSON: Kathrine Shane?

SKYE: Do you know her?

COULSON: We ran a few ops together in the 90s. Smart, resourceful. Had a soft spot for Truffaut movies.

SKYE: Easy there, charm school. According to these files Agent Shane could be my mom.

She looks up at him with a smile and he sighs.

COULSON: Even if Shane was the agent who dropped you off at the orphanage, it doesn’t mean she’s your mother.

SKYE: I started looking into all the female agents active when I was born. Needle, haystack, I know. But then I factored in age and marital status and then I built a program to narrow down the field.

COULSON: You’re still looking at a long road.

SKYE: Well, it would be a lot shorter if I could access more files. Maybe you could remove my internet nanny?

He just stares at her and she lifts her hand.

SKYE: I’m talking about my tacking bracelet.

COULSON: I got that.

SKYE: So you’ll take it off?

COULSON: No. But I asked May to look into S.H.I.E.L.D.S.’s more restricted files.

SKYE: I was kind of hoping to keep this private.

COULSON: Agent May specializes in private.

He nods his head to Skye then turns to walk out of the room.

COULSON: Let’s go.

Cut to inside the cargo hold, May and Ward are sparring and looking pretty evenly matched doing so. That is until May delivers a big punch to his chest then kicks his legs out from under him, Ward stays on the mat a moment grimacing and panting at May looks at him with a smile.

WARD: Nice feint.

He slowly gets up to sitting position.

MAY: I read your file. I know you favor your left.

WARD: That’s in there? What else?

MAY: Nothing that’s news. You don’t play well with others.

She holds her hand out to him, he takes it and gets to his feet.

WARD: I think I’ve proven that I can...more than once.

He gives her a little grin, he gets a very serious face in return.

MAY: Not here.

Coulson’s voice sounds out.

COULSON: Towel down.

They both look up quickly to see Coulson standing on the catwalk above them.

COULSON: I need you both in the Command Center (such a better term than Planning Room) in five.

He turns and walks away and May and Ward share a worried look.

Cut to the Command Center, Coulson is leading the briefing. Camera footage shows the Centipede Soldiers breaking into the prison and taking off with Raina’s Man.

COULSON: At 0-800 hours three men infiltrated the Havenworth Federal Penitentiary.

SKYE: Infiltrated? More like cannonballed.

COULSON: They were in and out in less than 2mintues. Left no prints at the scene, but we do have one lead.

He waves his hand over the halocom brining up another picture onto the big wall mounted monitor, it’s a close up of one of the Centipede Soldier’s wrists showing the device.

WARD: Centipede.

Coulson waves his hand over the halocom a few more times showing different images, showing Chan and the lab in Hong Kong.

COULSON: It seems they salvaged some of their research from Hong Kong.

SIMMONS: So we were right. Chan’s platelets solved their combustion problem. Now they can create super soldiers with no fear of expl*si*n.

She seems really happy they figured it out, a worried looking Fitz leans in closer to her.

FITZ: Maybe don’t get so excited about it.

Simmons’ face falls as Coulson continues.

COULSON: Two of Centipede’s labs have been destroyed but they keep popping back up. Now they have at least three of these guys, maybe more.

MAY: Who did they break out?

COULSON: Edison Po, former Marine, expert in tactics and rapid response.

He waves his hand over the halocom putting Po’s information on the big monitor.

COULSON: He fell off the grid in ’08, reappeared 18 months ago at a diner in Boston.

Ward squints at the screen.

WARD: Where he stabbed a friend’s eyes out.

COULSON: With a steak Kn*fe, then finished his meal.

SKYE: That’s funny, Po doesn’t look crazy.

They all turn their heads and stare at her, her eyes go big as she gets defensive.

SKYE: I’m kidding. The guy is a walking mug sh*t.

COULSON: Which means he shouldn’t be too hard to track down. Finding Po and these Centipede Soldiers is a top notch priority for S.H.I.E.L.D. We’ll be running point, but we won’t be working alone.

WARD: What team did HQ send for backup?

COULSON: Not a team, a person. Someone who can help us fight fire with fire.

SKYE: Somebody we worked with before?

COULSON: Not exactly.

Cut to a football field, a man rams himself into one of those tackling dummies you see football players slam themselves against to make them move back. However, this tackling dummy is attached to a big earthmover and the man pushing it has no trouble pushing it back. It looks like some sort of S.H.I.E.L.D. training field, we can see other people similarly dressed working out on the football field as well. The man pushing the football dummy passes by another man, he stops pushing when he does so. We see the arm of the man pushing the football dummy and it has a Centipede device attached to it. The camera pans up and we see that it was none other than Mike Peterson who had pushed the dummy.

MIKE: Did I b*at Captain America’s time?

The man who he passed is holding a clipboard and a stopwatch.

MAN: Not even close.

Mike’s smile falls and he grips the dummy preparing to move it, but someone shows up getting his attention – it’s Coulson.

COULSON: Excuse me.

Mike stops pulling the dummy and looks over.

MIKE: Agent Coulson?

COULSON: Mr. Peterson, if you could put that bulldozer back where you found it, we need you to suit up.

Commercial Break.

When we come back we see The Bus parked inside a hanger, a black SUV pulls up. The back door opens and Mike gets out looking around at The Bus. We cut to inside The Bus and standing at the top of the cargo bay is Coulson and May.

MAY: This is a bad idea.

Coulson sh**t a glance over to her.

COULSON: While I have you in a good mood you should know that Skye’s trying to ID the agent that dropped her off at the orphanage. We agreed to protect her from the truth, so I told her you were looking into it.

He looks over to her and May levels him with one of her stares.

COULSON: She may come to you.

May sighs and slightly closes her eyes, then focuses on Mike again.

NAY: One mistake at a time.

Mike walks up to them wearing a spiffy suit and a smile.

MIKE: Agent Coulson, Agent May.

May turns and walks away from him as Mike casts a questioning glace to Coulson.

COULSON: Last time you saw her, you threw her into a brick wall.

He nods and looks down.

MIKE: Right. First time around, I wasn’t who I wanted to be, but now I get it. Having all this, it’s a privilege. And training to be an agent, working with S.H.I.E.L.D., it’s me trying to do better, trying to be better. I just need you to give me a sh*t.

Coulson walks to stand right in front of Mike.

COULSON: Everyone deserves a second chance. But let me be clear, there will not be a third.

Mike nods his head, serious look on his face.

MIKE: Understood, sir.

COULSON: Good.

Cut to the Command Center, Ward, Skye and Fitz-Simmons are in there discussing Mike while looking at the footage of him saving the female doctor in The Pilot.

WARD: It’s not good, at all. The guy was a ticking time b*mb, literally.

FITZ: HQ wouldn’t have sent him if he was still combustible. They must’ve found a way to stabilize him somehow.

WARD: They stabilize his attitude? Cause he was pretty hostile in Union Station.

SIMMONS: Well, it’s not like we haven’t opened up our doors to other people, people with questionable track records.

When she says “other people” her head slightly nods in Skye’s direction as Skye stares at her with an open mouth.

SKYE: Not cool, but true. And don’t worry about Mike, he’s a good guy.

SIMMONS: Who’s been in the Centipede program.

SKYE: Exactly. He can give us some superpower backup.

SIMMONS: Yeah.

WARD: Just saying, this could easily go sideways.

They don’t seem to notice but we can see Coulson and Mike walking up behind Ward.

WARD: I mean the last time we saw this guy, he was a raging homicidal maniac –

He drops his words when he looks up at the faces of Skye and Fitz-Simmons, at this point Mike is standing directly behind him. We can see Simmons’ eyes dart to Mike then to Ward.

WARD: He’s standing right behind me, isn’t he?

Skye nods her head making a face.

COULSON: Mr. Peterson, this is Agent Grant Ward.

Ward turns a looks just a bit sheepish at being busted.

COULSON: He’s the man who sh*t you at Union Station.

Coulson points at Fitz-Simmons, they both offer a wave.

COULSON: Fitz-Simmons, they designed the w*apon he used, and I think you remember –

SKYE: Kidnap victim.

She’s giving him a big warm smile, he looks at her and laughs a bit.

MIKE: You joined S.H.I.E.L.D.?

SKYE: Yeah. Turns out, guys in suits, not so bad.

MIKE: Look, I know Union Station could have gone another way. Another team might not have let me out of there alive. I owe you, all of you.

SKYE: That’s bygones and water under a distant bridge far away.

She laughs at her rambling.

SKYE: How’s your son?

MIKE: Still with my sister. He thinks I’m working construction, but he’s good, happy.

Coulson walks over to the holocom.

COULSON: So what do we have?

SKYE: Not much on Po. I checked his previously known addresses and old m*llitary contacts, came up empty.

COULSON: We’ve been looking for where Po might be on the outside. Let’s look at his life on the inside, at the prison. See if that gets us any leads.

Skye nods and he looks over to Fitz-Simmons.

COULSON: Anything on the Centipede Soldiers?

SIMMONS: We found a facial recog match on one of them.

Ward hits a button on the holocom and brings up the information on the big monitor. We can see that it is the Centipede Soldier who Po made call him sir.

WARD: Name’s Brian Hayward. Stationed in Afghanistan for three years, then fell off the radar when he got back.

SKYE: Only living relative – sister, Laura, sophomore at the University of Ohio.

COULSON: She’s our best sh*t at finding Hayward.

He looks at Ward.

COULSON: You and I will go talk to her. Have May set a course for Cleveland.

We see The Bus make a sharp right.

Cut to Mike knocking on Coulson’s office door, Coulson is in there sitting at his desk looking at what look like business cards.

COULSON: With all the high tech gadgets and gizmos at our disposal, it’s easy to forget about the simple tools of the past.

We get a look at what’s in his hands, sure enough they are business cards. The one we see is for “Ohio Pick 6, Dan Filch, Ohio State Gaming Commission”.

COULSON: What can I do for you?

He puts that card into his pocket.

MIKE: I’m just curious about what you want me to do, where you need me.

COULSON: Here, on the plane.

MIKE: But, shouldn’t I be out in the field? I mean, that’s why you brought me here, right?

COULSON: You’ll get your chance. Right now I need you to go down to the lab for some tests.

MIKE: I’m stable. They already tested me at sci-ops.

COULSON: I know. I also know that using your powers takes a toll. I need to understand your limits, for your sake as well as my team’s.

He slowly nods his head understanding.

COULSON: The lab’s downstairs.

Cut to Mike in the lab, Simmons stands in front of him doing tests.

MIKE: I have to put away four times what I used to just to keep my energy up.

SIMMONS: Uh, and after you use your strength?

Simmons has out a tape measure and puts it around his upper chest.

MIKE: Maybe 10 times the food? And I usually crash afterwards. It’s really hard on my body.

We can see Fitz entering the lab behind Simmons, she does not see him.

SIMMONS: Hard body, got it.

Fitz stands right next to Simmons and startles her when he speaks.

FITZ: You do know we have equipment that can take measurements. No need to do it manually.

She laughs it off looking up at Mike.

SIMMONS: My mistake. Well, no matter. I’ll send the numbers to you straight away.

She turns away from Mike and puts her stuff on a table as Fitz stands where she just was.

FITZ: I need measurements to build you a diagnostic suit so we can monitor your vitals in the field.

Mike nods his understanding.

FITZ: As for fabrics, how does a polymer blend with 10 layers of treated composite material sound?

MIKE: Sounds…great?

Fitz doesn’t seem to get that what he said meant nothing to Mike, Fitz gets a bit excited - as he does.

FITZ Yeah, it does, doesn’t it?

They both laugh.

FITZ: Uh…

He lifts one of his hands and looks like he wants to poke Mike with a finger, he looks quickly up at Mike.

FITZ: Sorry. I’m sorry. I was- I was, just looking at it, and…

We realize he’s pointing to and talking about the Centipede device on Mike’s arm.

MIKE: Oh, no, it’s okay. I’m used to it.

Mike lifts his arm up giving Fitz a better look.

MIKE: They tried to take it off me at the sci-ops facility. Realized they couldn’t do it without k*lling me.

Fitz is staring at it almost obsessively and slowly reaches one of his fingers out to touch it mesmerized.

SIMMONS: I’m afraid we’re terribly curious.

Simmons walks over and stands next to Fitz looking at the device.

SIMMONS: How did they stabilize the Extremis in you?

FITZ: And keep you from exploding?

Simmons: Yeah.

MIKE: Oh, that wasn’t them. That was you two.

He smiles at them and they give each other a confused look.

SIMMONS: How’s that?

FITZ: Come again?

MIKE: Your g*n. It somehow froze me, right at the moment I was about to explode, help my body absorb the serum, stabilize. Your w*apon saved my life.

Simmons has a large smile, she scoffs and half-heartily waves him away.

SIMMONS: Well…

MIKE: All that, and it didn’t even leave a scar, so…

SIMMONS: Well, I…

FITZ: Well I should think not.

Fitz gives him a playful, and awkward, punch to his stomach which causes Mike to laugh.

SIMMONS: Yeah, we couldn’t have that, could we?

It seems Mike has done a wonderful job of buttering up and making Fitz-Simmons feel at ease.

SIMMONS: It would be a shame, especially when you’re so well formed and symmetrical.

Fitz is just staring at her and she knows it and looks at him.

SIMMONS: And wh-when did you stop talking?

FITZ: About three embarrassing sentences ago.

SIMMONS: Yes, right.

Embarrassed she hurries off and Mike has a big smile and laughs, Simmons sh**t him one more look before looking into a microscope.

Cut to an overhead sh*t of a town, the runner on the screen says: UNIVERSITY OF OHIO. We hear Ward’s voice before we see him.

WARD: “Psychology of Women: Unraveling the Female Psyche.”

We now see Ward is in the passenger seat of Lola looking at and reading from a tablet in his hands.

COULSON: That’s an actual book?

WARD: It’s a whole course. Hayward’s sister’s in there now.

COULSON: We’ll be at the school in 10. We’ll catch her on her way out. Whole class…on women. Time was, you just had to figure them out. Solving the puzzle was half the fun.

WARD: You solve a lot of puzzles, in your day?

Coulson sh**t him a smile.

COULSON: A few. Some more worth it than others. One was…especially rewarding.

WARD: What happened?

COULSON: I d*ed.

Ward nods his head.

WARD: Oh. I guess she wasn’t Level 7, sir?

COULSON: She was a cellist, second chair, Portland Symphony. Saw her play whenever I was in town. Ever see a beautiful woman play the cello?

Ward shakes his head.

COULSON: It’s something else. She laughed at my jokes, too, which was a very nice bonus.

WARD: You know where she is now?

COULSON: Of course I do.

Ward once again nods his understanding.

WARD: I’m sorry, sir.

COULSON: I was gone for months. The Avengers thought I was dead, so I had to keep that up, S.H.I.E.L.D. protocol. It’s probably better this way.

WARD: Maybe if she’d been part of the agency…

COULSON: In my experience, that’s just asking for trouble.

Ward smiles and nods but considering what he has going on with May, it probably hits close to home for him.

Cut to inside The Bus, Skye is doing work on her laptop, she sees someone coming and pulls out the flash drive that is plugged in.

SKYE: Hey.

The camera pans around and we see that it’s May walking toward her. Skye shuts her laptop and stand up in front of May.

SKYE: Coulson told me you were helping to, you know, find my long lost folks, so thanks. I’m glad you’re in on this with me. It means a lot.

May says nothing, just gives Skye one of her stares.

SKYE: Right, I can tell you’re really into this. Um, I’ve done a lot of the heavy lifting already, came up with a short list. I thought you might –

MAY: We’re on a mission, Skye. Is this why you called me here?

Skye is holding the flash drive out for her to take.

SKYE: No. I was just working on this while I waited for you. Uh, I called cause I found something about Po.

MAY: Show me.

We cut to inside the Command Center. There is security footage from the prison, it’s the footage of when Raina visited him.

SKYE: Po only had one visitor during his prison stint, her. You notice the outfit? Miles said a girl in a flower dress asked him to hack S.H.I.E.L.D., this could be the same girl.

May leans in interested.

MAY: Can we hear the conversation?

SKYE: That’s the bummer, there’s no audio. But it’s not a total loss. I was able to use S.H.I.E.L.D.’s lip reading program, because we have one of those.

She laughs, May stays stoic.

SKYE: It didn’t work on the girl because she never looks up at the camera, but Po did, once, and it caught this.

She hits a button and the feed zooms into Po’s mouth as what he’s saying is being said by a robotic voice.

PO: The Clairvoyant does not like to be touched.

SKYE: I wrote that down, so we don’t ever have to hear that again – ever.

MAY: The Clairvoyant?

SKYE: Yeah. Does that mean anything to you?

She shakes her head.

MAY: But it means something to them. To Po and whoever that woman is.

Mike enters the room and speaks causing them both to look at him.

MIKE: Her name’s Raina.

SKYE: You know her?

MIKE: Yeah, she recruited me for Centipede. Came up to me in the hospital where I did my back therapy, out of the blue. Told me she could change my life.

We can see Raina’s picture frozen on the monitor.

Now we cut to Raina. She’s sporting a black and blue flowered dress. She’s walking toward a man I assume is Po, as he sits at a table. The camera pans to show us it is in fact Po sitting there. He’s got a plate of food in front of himself and he’s taking small bites out of it. Rania stands so he can see her and he gives a little chuckle.

PO: Nice to cut my own meat again.

He sets his silverware down.

RAINA: The steak was to your liking?

PO: Overcooked, and the ambiance…

He looks around, they seem to be in some sort of factory setting.

RAINA: We’re not here for the décor.

He stands and she looks up at him.

RAINA: We’ve stabilized the serum, added the implant and now we need the Clairvoyant’s help in finding the key to Stage Three.

While she was talking Po waved her to walk, so while she speaks they walk deeper into the factory.

PO: I’ve asked before. The Clairvoyant has trouble seeing the man you’re looking for and his weaknesses. I don’t mean to upset you, it’s the way of things.

RAINA: This is what’s upsetting me.

She stops walking and hits a button on the tablet she’s been carrying. She shows Po a picture of Coulson, May and the others running out of the lab in Hong Kong.

RAINA: This S.H.I.E.L.D. team has destroyed two of our operations. We move every few days now to be safe.

She looks up and the camera pans around to show us what they are looking at. There is some sort of set up containment module. Inside we see the three Centipede soldiers sitting in a chair as a lab tech works around him.

RAINA: Which causes challenges for our maintenance problems. We can’t overstate the toll this takes on our soldiers.

One of the soldiers looks almost catatonic, it looks like it’s all he can do to turn his head and look at the tech next to him.

RAINA: They’re drained after every mission.

A second soldier is sitting in a chair looking more coherent as he sips on some yellow colored liquid. The third soldier has his shirt off and a tech is injecting him with something right next to his Centipede device.

RAINA: Our men need regular injections, constant upkeep.

We pan back from this third soldier and see that, unlike Mike, these men have devices on both of their arms.

RAINA: Difficult when S.H.I.E.L.D. has us on the run.

The soldier without the shirt starts to rise out of the chair.

PO: Then it’s time to stop running.

The third solider turns and grabs his shirt to put back on. When he turns we see it’s not just two devices he has on his body. He has two more devices, larger than the ones on his forearms, running up the back of his biceps. In the center of his back near the base of his neck is some sort of triangular base those two devices link to. These soldiers have a lot more of the serum pumping through them than Mike ever had.

Commercial Break.

We next see Coulson. He’s leaning against the door of Lola looking something on the tablet he is holding. One of the students points at Lola and nods appreciatively. We can hear Skye’s voice and Coulson is looking at a picture of Raina.

SKYE: We’re running her through our systems. Maybe we can get an ID but we’re guessing…

We cut to inside the Command Center on The Bus.

SKYE: She’s Centipede’s recruiter and Po was her latest recruit.

Cut back to Coulson.

COULSON: Three super soldiers dive b*mb a prison, pluck him out? He’s her number one draft pick.

Cut back to The Bus.

SKYE: But why him?

COULSON: Centipede’s making more soldiers.

Cut back to Coulson.

COULSON: Maybe they want Po to coordinate them, lead them.

Cut back to The Bus.

MAY: His background’s tactical strategy, he fits the bill.

Cut back to Coulson. While Skye speaks Coulson looks over to Ward who is standing by a kiosk looking at the flyers posted there and all around.

SKYE: So, these guys have super soldiers, an expert m*llitary strategist…

Cut back to The Bus.

SKYE: And a clairvoyant who can see the future. Anyone else thinking about switching teams?

COULSON: They couldn’t have a psychic.

Cut back to Coulson.

COULSON: There are none on The Index, they’re a myth.

Cut back to The Bus.

SKYE: So was Thor.

COULSON: Maybe it’s an alias.

Cut back to Coulson.

COULSON: Run it through our database and see if anything pops up.

He looks up and sees Ward has moved away from the kiosk.

COULSON: Ward is approaching Hayward’s sister now.

WARD: Laura Hayward?

She stops walking and gives him a smile.

LAURA: That’s me.

WARD: Sorry to bother you, but I was hoping you could help me out.

LAURA: I hope so, too.

WARD: I’m looking for your brother, Brian. Have you seen him lately.

Laura had been flirty with Ward but seems to shut down just a bit with his question.

LAURA: I’m – I’m sorry, who are you?

WARD: Ah.

He reaches into his coat and pulls out a card, we see it’s the same card Coulson found while he was talking to Mike.

WARD: Dan Filch, Ohio State Gaming Commission. We’re trying to contact Brian to tell him the good news.

We pan over to Coulson as he watches what Ward is doing as well as listens in on the earpiece.

Laura laughs.

LAURA: He won the lottery?

WARD: $50,000.00.

LAURA: Really?

WARD: Mm-hmm.

LAURA: And you’re looking for him? Don’t you guys want to keep the money?

WARD: Sure, but we have to at least try to contact the winners before the ticket expires. Your brother’s does in six days, so if you know where he is –

LAURA: I don’t. Sorry, we’re not close. I haven’t spoken to him since he got back from Afghanistan.

WARD: Well, now you have a reason to. 50,000 reasons, actually. So let us know if you hear from him.

LAURA: Okay.

She watches Ward walk away then looks down at the business card he gave her. Ward crosses in front of Lola to get in on the passenger side and speaks to Coulson while he does so.

WARD: Not sure why you wanted to go with the lottery story, sir. It’s a tough sell.

COULSON: Exactly. Nothing makes people more suspicious than a handsome man offering them free money.

Something of Coulson’s begins to beep rapidly, he looks down and we see that it’s his tablet.

COULSON: She’s making the call now.

We cut over to Laura, she’s holding the card in her hand and a green laser grid appears on it briefly.

LAURA: Brian, it’s me. Some guy was just waiting for me at school, said you won the lottery.

She laughs.

LAURA: I know, right? We’re not that lucky.

The tablet in Coulson’s hands is honing in on Brian’s location, we can see the map zoom in to California.

WARD: Is he local?

Coulson starts up Lola.

COULSON: No. He’s in Oakland, California.

Coulson puts in his sunglasses and drives away.

Cut to The Bus flying high through the skies on their way to California. We cut inside The Bus, we can see Mike holding a picture of his son while he sits in the holding cell. He has a smile on his face as he looks at Ace. There’s a knock on the door.

MIKE: Come in!

Skye opens the door and enters. We can see that the holding cell isn’t as sparse as it was for Hannah. There is a cot set up on one side with a plaid comforter on top of it.

SKYE: Oh, it almost looks homey.

They laugh and she closes the door. Mike picks up his wallet from the bed and goes to put the picture back inside.

SKYE: Is that Ace?

She walks to the bed and he holds the picture out to her, she takes it and sits down beside him.

SKYE: What a cutie.

Mike laughs.

SKYE: He must be so proud of you, his dad working for S.H.I.E.L.D. Which he can’t know with everything being classified.

Mike reaches for the photo and Skye gives it back.

MIKE: That’s all right, he knows I’m working.

He looks at the photo.

MIKE: Called him on his birthday and gave him all the “Heroes of New York” action figures.

Skye laughs.

SKYE: Nice.

She watches as Mike continues to look at the picture.

SKYE: Are you two close?

MIKE: We’re a team. I’d do anything for this little guy.

SKYE: That’s got to be the best feeling. Son looking up to you who wants to grow up to be just like you.

Mike looks away from her.

MIKE: Yeah. Looks like he’s growing fast, though.

Skye studies his face for a moment then the door opens. Mike looks over and quickly scrambles to stand when Coulson enters the room holding something, Skye remains seated.

COULSON: You said you wanted your sh*t.

He holds the bundle out to him, it looks like dark black clothing.

COULSON: Here it is.

Mike quickly steps forward and takes the bundle out of his hands.

MIKE: I won’t let you down.

Coulson gives him a tiny smile and nods his head, the walks out. Skye is now standing and she gives Mike a congratulatory clap on the back with a smile then she walks out as well.

Cut to inside the cargo bay, we can see Fitz-Simmons and behind them Ward.

SIMMONS: I think it’s quite smart.

FITZ: How does it feel?

The camera pans over to show us Mike all suited up in a black spandex like outfit with a large smile.

MIKE: Feels good, comfortable.

He flexes and tests the feel at the elbows of the suit.

WARD: Having powers is cheating, but the suit’s pretty cool.

FITZ: It’s perfect for an array of tactical missions.

SIMMONS: Yeah, it also measures your heart rate, systolic pressure, and glucose levels.

FITZ: All while providing state of the art ballistic protection.

Simmons has a dreamy look on her face looking at the suit, and probably Mike.

SIMMONS: Yeah.

MIKE: Thanks.

SIMMONS: Oh, no, thank you.

FITZ: We’ve never been so proud.

Behind their backs Ward throws them a look. Coulson speaks as he’s coming down the spiral staircase.

COULSON: Hayward’s cellphone has been traced to an abandoned factory about eight miles from here.

We see May and Skye following after him. Coulson hits a button on his tablet and brings up a overhead view of the factory.

WARD: Probably Centipede’s new lab.

COULSON: Certainly been their MO, we destroy one factory they set up another putting us back to square one. This time, I want answers.

MAY: Means we go in quiet, do minimal damage to the facility and the people inside.

COULSON: Ward, May, you’ll go in through the west entrance.

He points to their entry point on his map.

COULSON: Mr. Peterson and I will enter through the loading dock.

He looks at Simmons.

COULSON: You’ll run the back in from the outside.

She nods her understanding.

SKYE: We’re doing this just us? We’ve been playing whack-a-mole with these guys since Ward first picked me out of my van. Shouldn’t big S.H.I.E.L.D.be sending in backup?

COULSON: Trust me, they already did.

Coulson looks to Mike and gives him a nod of his head, Mike returns the nod.

MAY: Let’s move.

They all being to move to their spots, Fitz claps Mike on the shoulder.

FITZ: No pressure.

We cut to a scene of a downtown area, the runner says: OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA. Then the camera pans in to show us an old warehouse. We see Coulson and Mike walking through the apparently empty warehouse.

COULSON: We alone here?

Cut to Fitz-Simmons and Skye, they appear to be holed up in a van.

SIMMONS: It appears so. The only heat signatures we’re reading are yours.

SKYE: But there’s a weird electronic signal. I’m trying to isolate it.

Cut back inside the factory, this time we are with May and Ward.

WARD: Place looks emptied out.

May nods and Ward touches his earpiece to speak to the others.

WARD: Think we’re too late?

COULSON: Fitz, dial Hayward’s number.

Cut to Coulson and Mike.

COULSON: Find out.

Cut to inside the van, Fitz dials the number.

Cut to May and Ward looking around.

Cut to Coulson and Mike, they can hear a cellphone ringing. The sound is coming from inside a large shipping crate. Suddenly the doors of the crate are blown off by a Centipede soldier.

We cut to the van, the monitor in front of Fitz-Simmons goes nuts, they both back away from it quickly.

FITZ: Uh, sir, you’ve got company.

COULSON: Yeah, we do.

The Centipede Solider, it looks like Hayward, grabs the side of the crate. He gives it a big heave and sends it toward Mike and Coulson. Mike steps up in front of Coulson to stop it from hitting him.

Cut to May and Ward running fast toward Coulson and Mike.

WARD: Coming your way.

They are running past another shipping container and this one busts open, although not as dramatically, and a Centipede soldier is waiting inside this one too. He goes to Ward and throws a punch which Ward ducks out of the way of. May begins to fight as well with no one landing any hits.

Cut back to Coulson and Mike, Coulson has drawn his g*n. We can see from the blue glow that he has the Night-Night g*n. The Centipede soldier appears from around the crate and Coulson hits him in the chest. Coulson walks a couple of steps closer to the soldier and we can see blue glowing lines running up the man’s neck into his face. His eyes pop open and the lines disappear, he gets up angrily from the ground.

COULSON: Usually packs a bigger punch.

MIKE: Yeah, I remember.

Mike rushes forward and engages the soldier.

Cut to May and Ward, finally hits are landing because Ward gets hit in the face. May makes a couple of connecting kicks to the soldier’s face but it doesn’t seem to faze him at all. The soldier is about to deliver a big hit and Ward can see it coming. He pushes May out of the way and takes the hit himself. May grabs a couple of metal rods off of the floor and uses them as batons against the soldier. May’s fight with the solider has taken her into the same area as Mike’s fight with his. Coulson rounds the corner and pulls up the g*n taking aim, when the third solider appears and hits Coulson’s arms and shoves him against a crate. Mike engages this third soldier, he hits him hard in the nose with his face then throws him against a crate. We next see May still fighting against her solider, he takes her down hard as Ward tires to get up but can’t. Everyone but Mike is effectively out of the fight at this point. The three Centipede soldier stand and stare at Mike. Then, almost as one, they all walk forward to fight him. Hayward gets there first and the hits begin, however, Hayward has something Mike doesn’t see. A piece of metal rebar which he shoves into Mike’s gut.

The two remaining Centipede soldiers look at each other then over to May, she gets to her feet preparing for the fight. One of those soldiers engages with Ward.

We cut back over to a very in pain Mike as Hayward is pushing the rod into him and Mike is trying to move back.

Cut to inside the van, the monitors on Mike’s suite are going crazy.

SKYE: What’s happening?

SIMMONS: His systolic and diastolic pressures are dropping.

FITZ: Heart rate’s plummeting, as well.

SIMMONS: Sir, he’s in bad shape. Between the physical exertion and this wound his vitals are dangerously low.

Cut back to inside the warehouse, Hayward has shoved Mike. Now he is standing right next to Coulson panting in pain. The solider swings down with the rebar but Mike catches it before it can strike him. Mike delivers a big punch to Hayward and he goes down hard with a groan. The two other soldiers see what’s happened to Hayward and run away, none of them are in a position to chase them down. Coulson walks over to Hayward and looks down at him, Hayward has a smile on his face.

The camera shifts to Hayward’s point of view, however this looks like we’re looking through a camera, almost like the same thing that had happened to Amador in the episode Eye Spy.

COULSON: Who’s behind Centipede? Who’s doing this?

HAYWARD: I won’t say anything. I promise.

It doesn’t seem like he is speaking to Coulson, he looks worried and there are tears coming out of his eyes.

HAYWARD: No! Please! Don’t do th –

There is a sound of a blown circuit and we see his eye go white and he dies, just as we saw happen in Eye Spy.

The camera pan in to Hayward’s blood filling eye then through it to show us who was on the other end of that camera feed. Would it shock you to learn that it was Raina and Po? No? I didn’t think so. They are looking at the feed from the backseat of a car. Raina hits a button and rewinds the feed a bit, she gets a closer look at Coulson and at Mike.

RAINA: That’s Mike Peterson, one of our first subjects. He hasn’t been injected with the serum in a while, but he still has his powers.

Po smiles at her.

PO: No. What he has is your key to stage three.

They both look back down at the picture of Coulson and Mike.

Commercial Break.

We open inside the lab on The Bus, they are looking at an x-ray, it looks like it might be from Hayward, we can see that the eye area is especially lit up. Coulson is standing in front of the monitor looking things over.

FITZ: On the left is Akela Amador’s. Hayward’s is on the right.

We pan over to see Fitz pulling things up, in the background we can see Simmons tending to Mike.

FITZ: Now, his prosthetic was slightly damaged, but based on digital reconstruction I can confirm that the technology is virtually identical.

We can now see that Skye has been standing over to the side listening in.

Hayward’s prosthetic has the same internal power source, backscatter capabilities and biometrics as Amador.

COULSON: So Centipede also developed the eye implant?

SKYE: These guys are serious multitaskers.

MIKE: Who’s Akela Amador?

COULSON: Former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, the first person we encountered with this eye technology. A good agent who was forced to do some bad things.

SIMMONS: We helped her.

MIKE: Kind of a pattern with you guys.

He gets shifts on the table groaning as he does so.

MIKE: So then theses soldiers at the warehouse were forced to att*ck us through that eye thing?

COULSON: They were getting orders. When the tide turned in our favor Centipede flipped a Hayward’s k*ll switch, told the other guys to run.

He turns and looks at Skye.

COULSON: Can you track the eye feed like before, find their location?

SKYE: Nope. They’ve updated since Amador. Their feed’s untraceable now.

COULSON: Their technology keeps advancing at a disturbingly rapid pace. They must have endless manpower, resources.

SKYE: And someone with a fat wallet.

SIMMONS: Po’s the strategist. Raina’s the recruiter. Perhaps this Clairvoyant’s the money.

FITZ: That makes sense. If I could see the future, I’d go straight to Las Vegas.

Mike smiles and Simmons rolls her eyes.

COULSON: Whoever’s behind them may or may not be psychic, but they’re one step ahead of us every time. I need to update HQ. This is bigger than we thought.

He walks out as the all give each other worried looks.

Cut to Raina sitting in a dark car, Po gets in and sits beside her and closes the door.

PO: I spoke with the Clairvoyant.

RAINA: And?

PO: I’ll share the information when the time is right.

RAINA: I would love to hear much more than just information. Will you… tell me what he’s like?

PO: Never.

Rania’s face falls at this.

PO: The last person who tried to learn these things got a Kn*fe for it. I don’t want to have to do that again, Rania. You have such pretty eyes.

She gives him a sad look.

RAINA: I understand. You can’t even whisper to me about him.

PO: No, I can’t. But I did tell the Clairvoyant about you.

She looks at him with pleased surprise.

PO: Spoke at length about your many virtues.

She gives him a warm smile.

RAINA: How sweet.

We pan down to Po’s hand, Rania’s comes into frame just barely brushing her fingers against his. He looks down at their hands then gives a deep sigh looking up and closing his eyes slightly.

Cut to Ward drinking a beer on The Bus. He uses the cool glass of the beer to ease the pain in his jaw while he opens his mouth testing it. May comes walking up, looking like May – pissed.

WARD: I’ll pour you a scotch.

MAY: Don’t ever do that again.

He pulls the cork off a bottle giving her a confused look.

WARD: Brandy, then?

MAY: When we’re out in the field you head needs to be on the op, not on me.

Ward sets down the bottle.

WARD: Time-out. Still playing catch up here. What are you talking about?

MAY: You taking a punch for me? I don’t need your protection.

WARD: You think I don’t know that? I took that punch cause you’re faster than me. You could do more good on your feet. It was tactical, not personal.

This seems to make May rethink her argument.

MAY: My mistake.

WARD: I am not some recruit who can’t separate church from state. I’m on the same page as you. So don’t flatter yourself.

He takes his beer and walks away as her face shows a sting of embarrassment. She leans on the counter thinking and we hear Skye’s voice behind her.

SKYE: Sorry. I didn’t mean to crash.

May sh**t a look to where Ward disappeared then looks at Skye.

MAY: What do you want? This about that thumb drive again?

SKYE: No.

MAY: Good.

SKYE: Look, I get that you don’t want to help with that loud and clear, big neon flashing lights. But I didn’t ask, okay. Coulson –

MAY: Coulson doesn’t want to tell you the truth. The truth is…

May pauses and Skye’s waiting for whatever she’s about to say for a long moment.

MAY: You have to decide why you’re here. We have a mission and it’s not to find your parents. If you can’t put aside your personal attachments, then you shouldn’t be here.

While she was speaking May has been moving in closer to Skye. Her speech feels like she’s berating herself and taking it all out on Skye. Skye looks like May just hit her, her face is filled with hurt shock. May walks off leaving a shaky looking Skye behind.

Cut to inside Skye’s bunk. There are papers all over her bed from her research and she gathers them up angry. She rips them all in half and shoves them in the wastebasket. Coulson watches what she’s doing from the spiral staircase as she closes her door. He walks down the rest of the stairs and over to her door. He lifts his hand preparing to knock but he hears her crying inside her bunk. His hand pauses and he listens for a few moments then walks away.

We see that The Bus is still parked somewhere, probably still in Oakland. Coulson is in his office when there’s a knock on the door. Coulson looks over to see Mike standing in the doorway.

COULSON: Oh, come on in. You doing okay?

He lets out a heavy sigh then sits in one of the chairs.

MIKE: Afraid I won’t be much good to you for the next couple of days.

COULSON: That’s understandable. You went above and beyond at that warehouse, had our backs more than once.

MIKE: Thank you, sir. But I know Centipede’s still out there. No, we still got a lot of work to do.

COULSON: True. But according to your SO hard work’s your specialty.

Mike laughs.

COULSON: Said you train 24/7.

MIKE: I want to be the best.

COULSON: And that’s admirable. But you hadn’t left the training facility since you got there. Which means you haven’t seen your son since Union Station.

MIKE: Ace is fine. We…we talk all the time.

COULSON: But you haven’t been to see him. Why?

He’s quite for a moment and has flashbacks to Union Station. We see him at his worst, throwing people around and hurting them.

MIKE: Because the last time he saw me…I was a monster. My kid saw that.

COULSON: You can’t fix that from here. And staying away, not being there…I’ve seen firsthand the kind of damage that can do.

He gets up from his chair and walks around the desk to stand close to Mike.

MIKE: The last thing I want to do is hurt Ace. He’s…he’s my son, but…maybe he’s better off without me.

COULSON: I don’t think that’s true. When I took this job, I made a choice. The same choice everyone else here made – this life over the other one. The one with holiday dinners and PTA meetings, recitals. It’s not easy. But if the time comes to make the hard call, it’s simpler. But you have a son. You have someone waiting for you to come home. You need to think about that. You need to think about him. Before you make your choice.

Coulson has given him a lot to think about.

Cut to Mike sitting on his cot in the holding cell, he’s spinning his cellphone in his hands. Finally he hits a button and brings the phone to his ear.

We cut to see Ace playing with the action figures Mike got him for his birthday. The phone rings next to Ace and he answers it.

ACE: Hello?

MIKE: Hey, Ace.

ACE: Dad!

MIKE: It is so good to hear your voice, buddy. And I got some good news, I’m gonna get to come home and see you for a bit.

ACE: Awesome! Then maybe you can meet my new friend. She said she knows you. She’s right here now.

Mike’s face falls with Ace’s words.

MIKE: Ace, who’s there with you? Where’s your Aunt Mindy?

There is a clicking sound on the phone and Raina speaks next.

RAINA: Hello, Mike. Remember when I told you I could change your life?

She looks down at Ace and Mike gets a very scared look on his face.

Commercial Break.

We open in the living room area of the plane, Mike is sitting wringing his hands together with worry.

COULSON: They want to trade. Ace for his father. They’ve set a time and place.

FITZ: Bloody savages.

SIMMONS: They want to experiment on him, determine how he still has his abilities.

WARD: And we’re gonna let them? We’ve fought these guys before.

COULSON: We don’t have a choice. The instructions they gave Mr. Peterson were very specific. I called HQ, told them to stand down.

MAY: Stand down?

WARD: So we take them alone.

MAY: We should at least have a hostage rescue unit in support of this.

MIKE: They said they would m*rder my son.

This quiets them all as they look at him.

MIKE: If we make one wrong move.

COULSON: Any electronics, any comms, any sign of surveillance and they’ll terminate the arrangement.

MIKE: I’ll give myself up, no problem, get him back. I can figure it out from there.

SKYE: You’re still recovering. We can’t just hand you over to them like that, can we?

COULSON: Fitz-Simmons have a non-electronic method of tracking him.

FITZ: Simmons has fabricated an odorless scent. I have an instrument which can detect it. Works like a bloodhound, can track someone from over 50 kilometers.

COULSON: After we make the trade we’ll be able to follow Mr. Peterson. Buy him some time to get his strength back. We’ll find him.

MIKE: I don’t care what happens to me. As long as my boy is…

COULSON: I promise you, we’re gonna get your son back.

Cut to a construction area, there’s a sign that says “BRIDGE CLOSED”. The S.H.I.E.L.D. SUV and van are driving onto the bridge. They park side by side at the barricade. The camera zooms into the SUV showing us May driving and Coulson in the passenger seat.

MAY: At least let me escort him out for the exchange.

COULSON: Mr. Peterson requested me. I’m comfortable with that, and if things go south, I need you back here taking point on the team. Is Ward in position?

MAY: Yes. But I don’t like any of this.

COULSON: There’d be something wrong with you if you did.

He takes his seatbelt off and exits the SUV.

Cut to outside the van, Simmons is brushing the odorless chemical onto the back of Mike’s hand.

FITZ: Once the swap happens, I’ll fire up my equipment. We’ll be able to track you wherever they take you.

MIKE: Just don’t do anything that’ll endanger my son.

SKYE: We won’t, but we want to make sure Ace has his dad at the end of the day, too.

Coulson walks around the van speaking directly to Mike.

COULSON: Time to go.

They start off as Fitz closes up the van. We pan across the length of a large sn*per r*fle, at the end of the scope is Ward. He’s set up a good distance away and sees another car pull onto the center of the bridge. He turns on the infrared part of his scope and we can see Raina sitting in the passenger seat of the car. She opens the door and gets out and we see her driver was one of the Centipede soldiers. The two of them walk toward Coulson and Mike.

COULSON: My team won’t let you down.

MIKE: It wasn’t supposed to go down like this. I’m gonna make this right, I swear.

Ward follows Raina’s path with the scope of the g*n, at least until she disappears behind a cement mixing truck.

WARD: Damn it.

He trains his scope on Coulson and Mike instead until they too disappear behind the truck.

RAINA: Hello, Mike. It’s been awhile.

She gives him a smile and he and Coulson remain stone faced.

RAINA: Your son is adorable, and he looks just like you.

She looks over to Coulson.

RAINA: I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure.

COULSON: Lucky for you.

She looks at Mike again.

RAINA: I have to thank you, Mike. For holding up your end of the deal.

COULSON: Let’s just make the trade. Give us Ace and you can have him.

RAINA: Oh, that wasn’t the deal.

She laughs and Mike glances over to Coulson.

MIKE: I’m so sorry.

The camera pans to a further away location and we are inside the van.

FITZ: Let me know when I can activate comms and the tracker.

May nods.

We cut back to Coulson and Mike.

COULSON: What’s happening here, Mike?

RAINA: Well, in exchange for his son we asked Mike to deliver you.

Mike flashes with anger and before the Centipede soldier can do anything Mike has Raina by the throat.

We cut to see through Ward’s scope, he sees Mike disappear behind the truck and Coulson follows after.

Cut back to Coulson and Mike.

MIKE: I’m not a full strength but I can still crush your throat. New deal! My son for your life.

RAINA: Sadly, my employer cares no more for my life than your son’s. If I die, so does he. And his death will be so much worse.

Coulson reaches out and touches Mike on his shoulder.

COULSON: You need to let her go.

MIKE: I told them they could have me.

He turns and looks at Coulson.

MIKE: But they want you. Why do they want you?

COULSON: I don’t know, but if you k*ll this woman you’ll never see your son again.

MIKE: But how will I look him in the eye?

Mike begins to cry.

MIKE: How will I explain what I did?

COULSON: We talked about this.

MIKE: I am so sorry.

He sighs and lets go of Raina neck, she takes a deep relieved breath then looks over at Coulson.

COULSON: Let’s finish this.

Raina turns to the car and waves a few of her fingers, the last Centipede soldier opens the back door and Ace runs out.

ACE: Dad!

Mike hurries past Raina and picks Ace up hugging him tight.

SKYE: There’s his son.

SIMMONS: Oh, thank God. I have no stomach for this.

MAY: On my mark activate comms and tracker.

Mike holds Ace close and walks past Coulson with him in his arms, he turns and looks back at Coulson.

MIKE: If there had been any other way…

COULSON: You made the only choice you had.

He gives Mike a very faint nod of his head and Mike hurries away with Ace. Rania walks up behind Coulson and he gasps when she sh**t him with some sort of drug in his back. He falls unconscious and one of the Centipede soldiers catches him. Back at the van May sees what’s happening, Mike running at them holding Ace and Coulson being dragged away. Ward has also been tracking what has happened through his scope.

WARD: What happened? They took Coulson. All right, call it in, we need backup.

We cut back to the SUV and Skye quickly gets out and goes to Mike.

WARD: I have a sh*t.

We see his crosshairs are targeted on Coulson.

MAY: Do not engage. They’ll k*ll Coulson. Stand down I’ll contact HQ.

Mike looks down at Ace.

MIKE: Are you okay?

ACE: I’m fine, dad.

MAY: S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ this is S.H.I.E.L.D. RG422 we need immediate satellite support.

Mike has met up with Skye and hands Ace to her then kneels to look into the boys eyes.

MIKE: Ace, I’ve got to make something right. Daddy loves you so much, okay? Stay with Skye. You remember Skye, right? Keep him safe. Take care of my boy!

Mike runs down the bridge toward the car Coulson was dragged to. When he passes by the cement mixers both of them explode on either side of him. Skye jumps and hugs Ace tight to her watching with horror. Ward even gasps when he sees the expl*si*n.

SKYE: No!!! Mike!!!

Everyone looks at the bridge shell shocked. Ward lifts the sight back to his eye scanning for Coulson.

WARD: Where’s Coulson?

He focuses on the car Raina drove in and it explodes as well.

SKYE: Oh, my God.

She stands up hugging Ace to her waist.

SKYE: Coulson.

The bridge is left in utter devastation and May looks on with shocked horror. We hear helicopter blades whirring and one suddenly appears next to the bridge. Skye and May watch as it flies away. Ward focus on the chopper and it suddenly starts sh**ting at him causing him to duck for cover. He doesn’t duck quick enough, he’s hit – it looks like maybe in his shoulder – and he goes down. Everyone watches shocked at the helicopter gets away.

S.H.I.E.L.D. logo.

We next see the helicopter flying in the night sky. We cut inside to see one of the Centipede soldiers flying with Po in the co-pilot seat.

PO: We land in half an hour.

Raina is in the back with the other Centipede soldier and Coulson between them.

RAINA: Good. The sooner we begin, the better.

He gives her a long measured look.

COULSON: Whatever this is, whatever you think you’re doing, it won’t work. I won’t give you what you want.

RAINA: You will. And what we want is simple. We want you to tell us about the day after you d*ed.

The camera pans in on Coulson’s stoic face.