01x07 - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Once Upon A Time". Aired October 2011 - May 2018.*

Moderator: baileybelle

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A woman with a troubled past is drawn to a New England town where fairy tales are to be believed.

01x07 - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

Post by bunniefuu »

–[Real World]–

(Graham is playing darts at Granny’s diner. He throws two darts and hits the deer both times. Ruby is waiting tables and Sidney is sitting in one of the booths.)

Sidney: Nice sh*t, chief. I bet you twenty bucks you can’t do it again.

(Graham throws another dart and hits the deer again.)

Graham: Next round’s on him.

(Emma enters through another door.)

Ruby: Emma! What can I get you?

Emma: Nothing.

(Emma walks towards the diner’s exit. Graham throws a dart in her direction, which lands right next to her head.)

Emma: What the hell? You could’ve hit me!

Graham: I never miss. You’ve been avoiding me since last night, when you saw me-

Emma: Leaving the Mayor? And yes, that is a euphemism. I’m not avoiding you, Graham, I just have no interest in having this conversation. It’s your life – I really don’t care.

(Emma leaves the diner and Graham follows her outside.)

Graham: If you don’t care, then why are you so upset?

Emma: I’m not upset.

Graham: If that were true, you’d be at the bar with me, having a drink, and not running away.

Emma: It’s none of my business. Really.

Graham: Look, can we please talk about this? I need you to understand.

Emma: Why?

Graham: I don’t know. Maybe so I can understand?

Emma: You need an analysis, go talk to Archie.

Graham: I want to talk to you.

Emma: Well, your bad judgment is your problem – not mine.

Graham: You don’t know what it’s like with her. I don’t feel anything! Can you understand that?

Emma: Bad relationship? Yeah, I understand a bad relationship. I just don’t want to talk about yours.

Graham: Look, I know you and Regina have your own issues and… And I should have told you about that before you took the job.

Emma: Yeah, why the secrecy? We’re all adults. You can do whatever you want.

Graham: Because I… I didn’t want you to look at me the way you are now.

Emma: Why do you care how I look at you?

Graham: Because.

Emma: What?

(Graham kisses Emma. As soon as he does, he has a flashback to his life in Fairy Tale World. He sees a wolf with two differently coloured eyes.)

Emma: What the hell was that?

Graham: Did you see that?

Emma: How much have you been drinking? That was way over the line.

Graham: I’m sorry, I just-

Emma: What? You what?

Graham: I need to feel something.

Emma: Listen to me, Graham. You are drunk and full of regret. I get it. But whatever it is you are looking to feel, I can tell you one thing – you’re not getting it with me.

(Emma walks across the street and leaves Graham alone.)

———–

(Graham knocks on Regina’s door. She answers.)

Regina: Graham?

Graham: Is Henry asleep?

Regina: Yes. Why?

(Graham kisses Regina. She hesitates, then kisses him again and shuts the door.)

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(The Evil Queen is looking over the balcony of her castle. On the lower level, she sees Snow White place a white rose on top of a coffin.)

Snow White: Goodbye, Father.

(The Evil Queen touches Snow White’s shoulder.)

Evil Queen: I’m so sorry, Snow.

Snow White: I loved him so much.

Evil Queen: So did I, dear. So did I. The loss I feel for my husband must be nothing compared to the loss you feel for your father. If there is anything I could do, please, let me know. I may only be your mother through marriage, but I’m here for you, dear. Truly and forever.

(Snow White hugs the Evil Queen.)

———–

(The Evil Queen and several guards enter a large room of the castle. There is a vanity in the corner and a mirror on the wall.)

Mirror: Congratulations. Your revenge is almost complete.

Evil Queen: One down, one to go.

(The Evil Queen walks to the vanity and sits down.)

Mirror: She has no idea, does she?

Evil Queen: That I’m responsible for his passing? She sought comfort with me. Sickening. I could’ve ended her miserable existence right there. Believe me – it was tempting.

Mirror: It would have sated your soul.

Evil Queen: The kingdom’s still loyal to her. They would turn on me. They don’t know the wretchedness inside her as I do. They don’t know what she did to me. We must be delicate in this next phase. Her demise must be handled with care.

(She gets up and walks towards the exit.)

Mirror: Perhaps, one of your knights, Your Majesty?

Evil Queen: No. I need someone adept at m*rder. Bereft of mercy.

Mirror: Someone with no heart.

Evil Queen: Now you understand.

Mirror: Well, in that case, you need a huntsman.

———–

(In the forest, a deer is seen jumping around. Suddenly, it is hit by an arrow and collapses. The Huntsman walks up to the deer’s body and kneels. He’s crying.)

Huntsman: You have d*ed so that I may live. Forgive me. Your sacrifice is honourable. I thank you.

(He starts crying. A wolf with two differently coloured eyes approaches the Huntsman.)

Huntsman: Don’t worry, boy. You won’t go hungry tonight.

–[Real World]–

(Graham bolts upright in bed. He is sweating and breathing heavily. Regina, who is laying next him, is also awakened.)

Regina: What is it?

Graham: I had the most intense dream. I was in the woods hunting and I k*lled a deer. There was a wolf…

Regina: A wolf?

Graham: Its eyes – one was blood red and the other was black as night. The funny thing is, I think I’ve seen the wolf before.

Regina: Come back to sleep, Graham. It was only a dream.

Graham: It didn’t feel like a dream. It felt like a memory.

(Graham gets up and starts getting dressed.)

Regina: Graham.

Graham: I need some air. I need to think.

Regina: Graham, please. Come back to bed.

Graham: I left my car anyway. I need to go and get it. Clear my head.

Regina: Graham, listen. It’s late, you’re tired, you’re probably still drunk. Don’t leave.

Graham: Since when do you want me to stay, anyway?

Regina: You’re not well.

Graham: I’m fine.

(Graham leaves Regina’s room.)

———–

(Graham is on the main street. He walks up to his squad car with his keys in hand, but drops them. When he kneels down to pick them up, there is the wolf with two differently coloured eyes in front of him. The wolf walks off and into the woods.)

———–

(As Emma walks downstairs at Mary Margaret’s apartment, she sees a bouquet of flowers on the table.)

Emma: Really?

(She takes the flowers and puts them in the trash. Mary Margaret walks into the room and sees what Emma is doing.)

MMB: Oh! Hey, wait! What are you doing?

Emma: If Graham thinks flowers will work on me…

MMB: No, those…were mine.

Emma: Oh. From David?

MMB: No. Uh… Dr. Whale.

Emma: Why would Dr. Whale-

(Mary Margaret gives Emma a look.)

Emma: Are you serious?

MMB: I know – it’s a disaster.

Emma: No! That’s amazing. You’re getting over David.

MMB: First of all, there’s nothing to get over and second of all, it’s just a one night stand.

Emma: Not according to those flowers.

MMB: Yeah, maybe I shouldn’t have called him.

Emma: Oh my god. You called him? That is definitely not a one night stand.

MMB: Well, okay – I’m still learning. I never had one before. I felt guilty.

Emma: Why? There’s nothing wrong with what you did. Trust me. One nighters is as far as I ever go.

MMB: Well, yeah. That’s because you’re-

Emma: Because I’m what?

MMB: Never mind.

Emma: Yeah? Tell me – what do I do?

MMB: You’re just protecting yourself. With that wall you put up.

Emma: Just because I don’t get emotional over men-

MMB: You don’t get emotional over men? Uh, the floral abuse tells a different story.

Emma: What story is that?

MMB: The one that’s obvious to everyone except, apparently, you – that you have feelings for Graham.

Emma: Come on!

MMB: There’s that wall.

(Mary Margaret takes the flowers out of the trash and puts them in a vase.)

Emma: That’s not a wall.

MMB: Really?

Emma: There’s nothing wrong with being cautious.

MMB: Oh, true. True. But, Emma, that wall of yours? It may keep out pain but it also may keep out love.

———–

(Graham is running through the woods, searching for the wolf. In the background, a wolf is heard howling. He hears a noise in the bushes, but it turns out to be Mr. Gold. Mr. Gold is wearing an apron, boots and has a shovel.)

Mr. Gold: Good morning, Sheriff. Sorry if I startled you.

Graham: Right. Sorry, I… I thought you were a wolf.

Mr. Gold: Did I forget to shave?

Graham: What are you doing out here so early?

Mr. Gold: A spot of gardening. Yourself?

Graham: I was looking for, um…

Mr. Gold: A wolf. Yeah, I think I’m beginning to catch on. You know, to the best of my knowledge, Sheriff, there are no wolves in Storybrooke. Not the literal kind, anyway. Why are you looking?

Graham: You’ll think I’m crazy.

Mr. Gold: Try me.

Graham: I saw one in my dreams, and then I saw one for real. Just a few hours ago. Did you, uh… Did you see anything unusual out there?

Mr. Gold: I’m afraid not. I do wish I could be more helpful. You know, Sheriff, they say that dreams… Dreams are memories. Memories of another life.

Graham: And what do you believe?

Mr. Gold: I never rule out anything. Good luck, Sheriff. I do hope you find what you’re looking for.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(The Huntsman and his wolf come across a tavern in the woods and enter. The Huntsman sits down at a table and the wolf lies on the floor next to him. A man sitting at the next table makes a comment.)

Man: They’re lettin’ animals in here now?

(There are two men sitting at the bar.)

Man 2: This isn’t a slaughterhouse.

Man 3: Forget him. He might as well be one, too. I heard he was raised by ‘em.

Man 2: He does smell like ‘em.

Man 3: Pathetic. I heard he cries over his kills. You believe that?

(The second man from the bar approaches the Huntsman.)

Man 2: Tell me, Huntsman. What kind of a man cries over an animal?

Huntsman: An honourable one.

Man 2: What do you know about honour?

Huntsman: I have it, they have it, you don’t.

Man 2: Animals have it?

Huntsman: They’re pure of heart. Not selfish and self-serving like people.

(The wolf gets up and bares its teeth at the man.)

Man 2: You tell him to stop threatening me. Does he know what I do to pets who thr*aten me? I hang ‘em on my wall.

(The Huntsman draws a Kn*fe and stabs the man.)

Huntsman: He’s not a pet.

(Another man tries to att*ck the Huntsman, but he grabs him and smashes him into a mirror. Yet another man draws a Kn*fe and approaches the Huntsman, but he picks up a shard of the broken glass and the man flees.)

———–

(The Evil Queen watches the Huntsman through her magic mirror. She is with several of her guards.)

Evil Queen: He’s perfect. Bring him to me.

–[Real World]–

(Graham is still searching for the wolf in the woods. He, again, hears howling in the distance. Eventually, he finds the wolf in a clearing.)

Graham: What do you want?

(The wolf starts to walk away.)

Graham: Hey!

(Graham whistles and the wolf stops. It turns around and approaches him. When Graham pets the wolf, he has another flashback to his life in Fairy Tale World. He sees Snow White, a dagger, and a symbol on a building. When he comes back to the present, the wolf is gone.)

———–

(The bell rings and the kids file out of Mary Margaret’s classroom. Graham pushes past them and enters the classroom.)

Graham: Mary Margaret? Can I talk to you?

MMB: Graham? What’s the matter? Are you okay?

Graham: I think we, uh… I think we know each other.

MMB: Of course we do.

Graham: No, no, no. Not from here. Not from Storybrooke.

MMB: From where, then?

Graham: Another life.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(A guard leads the Huntsman to a room in the Evil Queen’s castle.)

Evil Queen: Do you have a name? Or shall I just call you ‘The Huntsman’? You’re a tortured one, aren’t you, Huntsman? Is this because your parents abandoned you to the wolves?

Huntsman: Those weren’t my parents. All they did was give birth to me. The wolves are my family.

Evil Queen: Wolves, indeed. I always felt there were two kinds of people – wolves and sheep. Those who k*ll, and those who get k*lled. And you, Huntsman, you are most certainly a wolf.

Huntsman: Why am I here?

Evil Queen: I’d like you to k*ll someone for me. Can you do that?

Huntsman: I k*ll for me. Why would I do anything for you?

Evil Queen: Because I have so much to offer. A place at my court. You will become my official Huntsman.

Huntsman: I’m not interested in being a pet. This place is a cage.

Evil Queen: You’d be awash in luxury – wanting for nothing.

Huntsman: You have an army at your disposal. What do you need of me?

Evil Queen: My prey is beloved by all the kingdom. I need someone who won’t be blinded by that. Someone without compassion, someone who’ll have no qualms carving a heart out and bringing it back for my collection.

Huntsman: That’s me.

Evil Queen: As I suspected. Now tell me – what will it take? Hm? What do you want? There must be something.

Huntsman: Outlaw the hunting of wolves. They are to be left alone. They are to be protected.

Evil Queen: Simple enough.

Huntsman: So, who do you want me to k*ll?

–[Real World]–

(Graham and Mary Margaret are still in Mary Margaret’s classroom.)

Graham: Mary Margaret, how long have we known each other?

MMB: Um… I don’t know. A while.

Graham: Do you remember when we met?

MMB: Um. No.

Graham: Me neither. I can’t remember when I met you, or when I met anyone. Isn’t that odd?

MMB: I don’t know. I mean, I suppose. But, I think that’s just life. Things get hazy.

Graham: Have I ever hurt you?

MMB: Oh, Graham. No, of course not. What is going on?

Graham: Do you believe in other lives?

MMB: Mm, like heaven?

Graham: I mean like past lives.

MMB: You’ve been talking to Henry.

Graham: Henry?

MMB: Well, he has this book of stories. He’s been going on about how he thinks we’re all characters from them. From another land. We’ve forgotten who we really are. Which, of course, makes no sense.

Graham: Right. No, of course.

MMB: Graham.

(Mary Margaret leans over and puts her hand on Graham’s forehead.)

MMB: Ah! You are burning up. Go home and get some rest. I think you’ll feel much better after you’ve had some sleep.

Graham: Right. You’re absolutely right. I’m sorry to disturb you. I thank you.

MMB: Of course.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Snow White and the Huntsman, who is dressed like one of the Queen’s guards, are walking along a path through the forest.)

Snow White: You know, when I was a little girl, the summer palace was my favourite place. The mountains surrounding it felt like a cradle. They always made me feel safe. I look forward to returning to it now.

(The Huntsman fiddles with the armour around his neck.)

Snow White: Stuffy in there? Here.

(She takes out two apples and tries to hand one to the Huntsman.)

Huntsman: No.

Snow White: You’re not a knight, are you?

Huntsman: What makes you say that?

Snow White: Without fail, every one of my father’s men has offered me condolences. Except you.

Huntsman: Please accept my condolences.

Snow White: And they all know how to wear armour. She picked you to take me. Why?

Huntsman: I think you know.

Snow White: You’re going to k*ll me.

Huntsman: You have good instincts.

Snow White: And you have too much armour.

(Snow White picks up a large branch off the ground and hits the Huntsman with it. He falls to the ground and she flees.)

–[Real World]–

(Emma is at the station. She places a file on Graham’s desk and picks up a dart. She throws it at the dart board, but misses the board entirely. Emma goes to pick up the dart as Regina walks in.)

Regina: Our taxes always hard at work, I see.

Emma: Graham isn’t here. I assumed he took a sick day – with you.

Regina: Oh, so you’re aware of us? Good – that’s why I’m here. Because I’m also aware of your relationship with him.

Emma: I don’t have a relationship with him.

Regina: Oh? So, nothing’s ever happened between the two of you? You forget, Miss Swan – I have eyes everywhere.

Emma: Nothing that meant anything.

Regina: Well, of course not. Because you’re incapable of feeling anything for anyone. There’s a reason you’re alone, isn’t there?

Emma: All due respect, the way I live my life is my business.

Regina: It is until it infringes on my life. Stay away from Graham. You may think you’re doing nothing, but you’re putting thoughts in his head. Thoughts that are not in his best interest. You are leading him on a path to self-destruction. Stay away.

———–

(Graham rings the doorbell of Regina’s house. Henry answers the door.)

Henry: Hey, Sheriff. My mom’s not here.

Graham: Actually, uh, I’m here to see you, Henry. I was hoping you could help me.

Henry: Help you with what?

Graham: It’s about your book. Am I…in it?

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Snow White, who is still in the forest, is writing something on a piece of paper. The Huntsman finally catches up to her.)

Huntsman: I hunt you, yet you stop to compose a letter? I will never understand your kind.

Snow White: I don’t know these woods. You’re obviously a skilled hunter – you’ll find me. No matter what I do, I know how this ends.

Huntsman: Yes.

Snow White: There’s one thing that I ask that you do after you k*ll me. Please deliver this to the Queen.

(She holds out a folded piece of paper.)

Huntsman: Your tricks won’t work on me.

Snow White: It’s not a trick. Please, give it to her. Tell her I mean every word.

(He takes the letter from her and reads it. He ends up with tears in his eyes. The Huntsman draws a dagger and approaches Snow White, who is kneeling on the ground. However, instead of stabbing her, he cuts a piece of a narrow plant and carves two holes into it.)

Huntsman: Sign this when you need help.

Snow White: What?

Huntsman: It’s a whistle. It will bring you aid – you’ll be led to safety. Now go. Run.

Snow White: I don’t understand. You’re not going to k*ll me-

Huntsman: Run!

–[Real World]–

(A deer from the woods transforms into an illustration of a deer in Henry’s book. Henry and Graham are sitting on the bed in Henry’s room, flipping through the book.)

Henry: When did your flashes begin?

Graham: Uh, right after I kissed Emma.

Henry: You kissed my mom? What did you see?

Graham: A wolf. I saw that I had a Kn*fe in my hand and I was with Mary Margaret.

Henry: Were you about to hurt her?

Graham: Yes! How do you know that?

Henry: Because Mary Margaret is Snow White. Which makes you the Huntsman.

Graham: So, you really think that I could be another person.

Henry: Makes total sense. You were raised by wolves – that’s why you keep seeing one. It’s your friend – your guide. It’s trying to help you.

Graham: I’m remembering this because I kissed your mother? H-How is that possible?

Henry: Well, you two do have a special connection. She owes you her life.

Graham: Why?

Henry: Snow White’s her mother and you spared her. If you hadn’t, my mom wouldn’t have been born.

Graham: Wh-What happened after I spared Snow White?

Henry: The Queen took your heart. She ripped it out. It’s kind of her thing. She never wanted you to be able to feel again.

Graham: Let me see that book.

(Graham takes the book from Henry and turns the pages. He gets to an image with the Evil Queen and a building with the same symbol that he previously saw in his flashback.)

Graham: What’s that? I saw that, too. The wolf was howling at it.

Henry: That’s her vault. It’s where she put your heart.

Graham: The wolf wants me to find it. Thank you, Henry.

(Graham quickly leaves Henry’s room.)

———–
(Emma is waiting outside the Mayor’s house. When Graham comes out, she confronts him.)

Emma: Hey. Hear you’re having a rough day.

Graham: Who says?

Emma: Pretty much everyone. I think maybe you need to go home and get some rest.

Graham: I’m fine.

Emma: No, Graham, you’re not fine. You just went to see a ten year old for help.

Graham: He’s the only one making any sense.

Emma: What’s going on? What’s really going on?

Graham: It’s my heart, Emma. I need to find it.

Emma: Okay. So, how are you going to do that?

Graham: I just need to follow the wolf.

Emma: What? What wolf?

Graham: From my dreams. It’s going to help me find my heart.

Emma: I’m sorry. I thought we were talking in a metaphor here. You really think you don’t have a heart?

Graham: It’s the only thing that makes any sense. It’s the only thing that explains why I don’t feel anything.

Emma: Listen to me, Graham. You have a heart. I can prove it.

(Emma puts her hand on Graham’s chest.)

Emma: See? It’s b*ating. It’s real.

(Graham shakes his head. Emma grabs his hand and places it where her hand previously was.)

Emma: Feel that? That is your heart.

Graham: No. It’s the curse.

Emma: You can’t really believe that’s true.

(Emma suddenly stares at something behind Graham.)

Graham: What?

(Behind them, is the wolf with the two differently coloured eyes. It runs away and the two of them follow it.)

———–

(Emma and Graham follow the wolf to a graveyard.)

Emma: Graham! Graham, be careful.

Graham: He’s my friend. He won’t hurt us.

(The wolf stops and howls briefly, then runs farther into the graveyard. The both of them follow. They eventually lose sight of the wolf and end up stopping in front of a crypt. Graham looks up and sees the symbol from his flashback.)

Emma: What is it?

Graham: It’s my heart. It’s in there.

(He takes out a flashlight.)

Graham: I have to look in there.

Emma: Oh, no! Stop. Stop.

Graham: I have to get in there, please-

Emma: Graham, come on! You really think that your heart is in there?

(Graham nods.)

Emma: Okay. Let’s find out.

(Emma tries to open the doors of the crypt, but they’re locked.)

Emma: come on!

(She kicks open one of the doors and they both enter.)

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(One of the Queen’s guards escorts the Huntsman into a room of the castle.)

Guard: Wait here.

(The guard leaves and the Evil Queen enters.)

Huntsman: I see you’re still in mourning.

Evil Queen: The time for mourning is over. I simply found that black suits me. Now, tell me – is Snow dead?

Huntsman: The young girl’s heart as you requested.

(The Huntsman gestures to the bag at his side. The Evil Queen goes to take it, but he pulls back.)

Huntsman: First there’s something I must do.

(He takes out Snow White’s letter.)

Evil Queen: What’s this?

Huntsman: The girl wanted you to have it.

Evil Queen: Read it to me.

Huntsman: Dearest Stepmother – by the time you read this, I will be dead. I understand that you will never have love in your life because of me, so it’s only fitting that I’ll be denied that same joy as well. For the sake of the kingdom, I hope my death satisfies your need for revenge – allowing you to rule my father’s subjects as they deserve. With compassion and a gentle hand. I know what you think you’re doing is vengeance – I prefer to think of it as sacrifice, for the good of all. With that in mind, I welcome the end. I want you to take my last message to heart. I’m sorry and I forgive you.

(The Evil Queen rips the letter out of the Huntsman’s hand and throws it into the fireplace.)

Evil Queen: Don’t tell me you’re becoming a sheep!

Huntsman: She put others before herself, and yet, you hate her. What did she do to you?

Evil Queen: I shared a secret with her and she couldn’t keep it. And that betrayal cost me dearly. Now, show me her heart!

(He gives her the bag containing the heart. She walks off though a pair of doors leading into a smaller room. She takes the heart out of the bag and places it into a box on a pedestal She closes the box and walks over to a wall made up of multiple drawers. She holds the box up to the wall, but nothing happens.)

Evil Queen: It should open.

(The Evil Queen takes the heart out of the box and st*lks towards the Huntsman.)

Evil Queen: This isn’t her heart! This isn’t a human heart! What did you do?

–[Real World]–

(Emma and Graham enter the crypt. There’s a sarcophagus in the center with several urns on shelves lining the walls.)

Graham: It’s got to be in here. Somewhere.

(He begins to scan the walls of the crypt.)

Graham: There’s got to be a hidden door. A lever.

(He checks one of the urns.)

Graham: Something.

Emma: Graham. Hey. Graham, there’s nothing in here.

Graham: There has to be. If there isn’t, then-

Emma: It’s okay. It’s going to be okay.

(Regina, who is standing outside the entrance, yells to them.)

Regina: What the hell do you think you’re doing?

(Emma and Graham exit the crypt.)

Emma: What are you doing here?

Regina: Bringing flowers to my father’s grave like I do every Wednesday.

Graham: Don’t blame her. It’s my fault. I wanted to look in there.

Regina: Really? Why? What were you looking for?

Graham: Nothing. It was, uh… It was nothing.

Regina: You don’t look well, dear. Let’s take you home.

(Regina grabs Graham’s arm and starts to drag him with her, but he breaks free of her grasp.)

Graham: Regina, I… I don’t want to go home. Not with you.

Regina: Oh? But you’ll go with her.

Emma: Hey. This is between you two – leave me out of it.

Graham: She’s right – it’s between us. And things have to change.

Regina: And I wonder why that is all of a sudden.

Graham: It has nothing to do with her. You know, I’ve realized that I don’t feel anything, Regina. And I know now it’s not me – it’s you.

Regina: So, you’re leaving me for her?

Graham: I’m leaving you for me.

Regina: Graham, you’re not thinking straight.

Graham: Actually, for the first time, I am. I’d rather have nothing than settle for less. Nothing? Is better than what we have. I need to feel something, Regina, and the only way to do that is to give myself a chance.

Regina: Graham-

Graham: I’m sorry. It’s over.

Regina: I don’t know what I ever did to you, Miss Swan, to deserve this. To have you keep coming after everything I hold dear.

Graham: I told you – it’s not her.

Regina: None of this happened until she got here.

Emma: I’m sorry. Did you ever stop to think that maybe the problem isn’t with me, but with you?

Regina: Excuse me?

Emma: Henry came and found me. Graham kissed me. Both were miserable. Maybe, Madam Mayor, you need to take a good hard look in the mirror and ask yourself why that is. Why is everyone running away from you?

(Regina punches Emma in the face, who then falls into Graham.)

Graham: Regina!

(Emma recovers from the att*ck and punches Regina back in the face. Emma grabs Regina and pushes her against the side of the crypt. Graham also gets up and tries to split them up.)

Graham: Stop! Stop! Stop!

(Graham pulls Emma away from Regina.)

Emma: Not worth it.

(Emma starts to leave, walking away from Graham and Regina.)

Regina: Graham.

(Regina approaches Graham, but Graham ignores her and follows Emma.)

———–

(Graham and Emma are at the station. He has the first aid kit out and puts an ice pack on her head.)

Graham: I’m sorry. I don’t know what came over me. I kind of lost my mind.

Emma: It’s okay. You were tired and feverish… And heartbroken.

Graham: I don’t know why I let myself get caught up with her.

Emma: Because it was easy. And safe. Not feeling anything’s an attractive option when what you feel sucks.

(Graham goes to wipe off the cut on the side of Emma’s head. She flinches.)

Emma: Felt that.

———–

(Regina, who is still at the graveyard, enters the crypt. The name ‘Mills’ is etched on one of the walls. On the sarcophagus, there is a plaque that reads ‘Henry Mills – beloved father’. She places the flowers on top of the sarcophagus, then pushes it aside. Beneath it, there is a bluish light and a set of stairs. She walks down them.)

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(The Evil Queen and the Huntsman are in the smaller room with the wall of drawers. She slams the heart down onto the pedestal.)

Evil Queen: Did you think you can fool me with the heart of a stag?

(She waves her hand and the doors to the room shut.)

Evil Queen: You’re not going anywhere.

Huntsman: She doesn’t deserve to die.

Evil Queen: That’s not up to you. I wanted a heart, and a heart I shall have.

(The Evil Queen magically sticks her hand through the Huntsman’s chest. When she draws back, his heart is in her hand.)

Huntsman: What… What are you going to do to me?

(She kisses him.)

Evil Queen: You’re now mine, my pet.

(She walks over to the wall of drawers and holds up the heart. A drawer pops out containing a box.)

Evil Queen: And this is your cage. From this moment forward, you will do everything that I say. And if you ever disobey me, if you ever try to run away, all I have to do is squeeze.

(The Evil Queen squeezes the heart in her hand and the Huntsman doubles over in pain.)

Evil Queen: Guards!

(Two guards enter the room and grab the Huntsman by the arms.)

Evil Queen: Your life is now in my hands – forever. Take him to my bedchamber.

(The guards take the Huntsman with them. The Evil Queen puts his heart in the box and closes the drawer.)

–[Real World]–

(Regina enters the room under the crypt. It’s the same room with the wall of drawers as the one in the Evil Queen’s castle. Regina walks over to the wall containing the hearts and pulls out one of the drawers. She removes the box and opens it, revealing Graham’s heart inside.)

———–

(At the station, Graham is still tending to Emma’s cut.)

Graham: All better.

Emma: Yeah.

Graham: What?

(Emma walks over to Graham. They kiss and he has another flashback to his life in Fairy Tale World. He sees the wolf with the two differently coloured eyes, the fight at the tavern, the Evil Queen when they first met, Snow White, the dagger, the whistle, the deer, the symbol, him reading the letter, the Evil Queen with the stag heart, and the Evil Queen putting his heart in the box. When he comes back to the present, he staggers backwards.)

Emma: Graham?

———–

(Regina, still in the room under the crypt, takes the heart out of the box and holds it up.)

———–

(Emma and Graham are still at the station.)

Emma: Are you okay?

Graham: I remember.

Emma: Graham?

Graham: I remember.

Emma: You remember what?

———–

(Regina is staring at the heart in her hand.)

———–

(Graham holds Emma’s face in his hands.)

Graham: Thank you.

———–

(Regina squeezes the heart. Graham and Emma go to kiss, but Graham suddenly falls to the floor. Emma repeatedly yells his name, trying to wake him up, but is unsuccessful. Regina crushes Graham’s heart to dust.)

–[End]–