01x14 - Dreamy

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Once Upon A Time". Aired October 2011 - May 2018.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A woman with a troubled past is drawn to a New England town where fairy tales are to be believed.

01x14 - Dreamy

Post by bunniefuu »

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(In the clouds, the Blue Fairy waits for Nova. Nova clumsily flies towards her, carrying a bag of fairy dust, before coming to a stop.)

Blue Fairy: Easy!

Nova: Sorry.

Blue Fairy: Careful. Careful. Fairy dust is the most precious substance in all the land. Its magic is what powers the world. This is the year’s supply – we must be cautious.

Nova: I know.

Blue Fairy: Because, next year, you’ll be doing this alone.

Nova: I-I’ll still be picking up dust? I thought I’d be a fairy godmother by then.

Blue Fairy: Oh, Nova. You really are a dreamer. Your journey is just beginning. Can you make it home from the mines with all the dust safe?

(Nova nods.)

Blue Fairy: Okay.

———–

(The fairy dust from Nova’s bag falls from the sky and spirals to the ground. The dust reaches the mine, where there is a cluster of eggs. The dust is absorbed by one of the eggs, which then begins to move. Two dwarves, who are inspecting the eggs, notice.)

Watchy: This one’s ready.

Bossy: No. It’s too early, Watchy. This unit isn’t scheduled to hatch till sundown.

Watchy: Well, someone’s eager to get out before the rest of his brothers.

(A hand punches through the shell of the egg. The dwarf inside turns out to be Grumpy.)

Bossy: Welcome to the world, dwarf.

–[Real World]–

(Leroy is eating breakfast at the counter in Granny’s Diner. Mr. Clark and Walter enter.)

Mr. Clark: Uh, excuse me, Leroy. Uh, do you mind scooting over a seat so Walter and I could sit together?

Leroy: If I wanted to sit there, I would’ve sat there. You want this seat? Try dragging your sorry asses out of bed a little earlier.

Mr. Clark: You’re a real ray of sunshine as-

(Mr. Clark sneezes.)

Leroy: Congrats – just lost my appetite. Seat’s all yours.

(Leroy gets up to leave as Mary Margaret walks in.)

MMB: Excuse me. Can I have everyone’s attention, please?

(The diner goes silent.)

MMB: I’m sorry to interrupt your morning, but I just wanted to remind everyone that a very special occasion is upon us – Miner’s Day. As always, the nuns of Storybrooke are hoping that everyone will get involved, and will help sell their exquisite candles. All we need are a few energetic volunteers. So, who wants to join me?

(Everyone ignores her and goes back to what they were doing. Leroy heads to the door, which Mary Margaret is still standing in front of.)

MMB: Leroy, you want to volunteer?

Leroy: I want to leave, sister. You’re blocking the door.

MMB: Of course. Uh, you know, if you wanted to help, it could really be a-

Leroy: Oh, yeah. Right. Quite a team we’d make – town harlot, town drunk. The only person in this town that people like less than me, is you. If you’re coming to me, you’re screwed.

(Leroy leaves. A moment later, Mary Margaret also leaves. Emma follows her outside and walks along with her.)

Emma: Hey. Mind if I join you? So, what the hell is Miner’s Day, and why are you b*ating yourself up over it?

MMB: It’s an annual holiday celebrating an old tradition. The nuns used to make candles and trade them with the miners for coal.

Emma: Coal? In Maine? If they were mining for lobster, I’d understand.

MMB: Look, I don’t know. Now, they use it as a fundraiser. It’s an amazing party – everyone loves it.

Emma: It doesn’t seem like everyone loves it.

MMB: It’s not Miner’s Day – it’s me. Last week, I had ten volunteers. This week, they all dropped out.

Emma: You think this is about what happened with David?

MMB: Oh, I know it is. A few of them told me as much. I’ve never…been a home wrecker before.

Emma: It’s going to blow over. You made a mistake with David – it happens. But, you don’t have to do charity to try to win people’s hearts back.

MMB: I have to do something, and this is the best I can do. Love ruined my life.

(Emma’s phone rings.)

Emma: Sheriff Swan. Yeah. I’ll be right down.

(Emma hangs up.)

Emma: Well, apparently, duty calls. Hang in there. And, if there’s anything I can do to help, I will.

MMB: I know. Thank you.

———–

(The citizens of Storybrooke are setting up for Miner’s day. Leroy walks past a ladder, where what looks to be ‘fairy dust’ falls on his head. He looks up and sees Astrid.)

Astrid: Oh, I’m so sorry. It just slipped out of my hand. I…

Leroy: No problem at all.

(She climbs down the ladder.)

Astrid: I really am so sorry. I… I was so busy trying to get the lights to work, that I didn’t realize I was about to knock it off the ladder.

Leroy: Let me take a look at those lights for you.

(Leroy climbs up the ladder.)

Leroy: Here’s your problem – you’re overloading the transformer. You kept messing around with these lights, the whole thing could’ve blown up on you.

Astrid: Oh. Then I guess that makes you my hero.

Leroy: I’m nobody’s hero, sister.

Astrid: Oh. You can just call me Astrid.

Leroy: I call everybody sister. I’m Leroy.

(Leroy tinkers with the lights, which then turn on.)

Astrid: How did you do that? Are you an electrician?

Leroy: I’m in the custodial services game.

(Leroy climbs down the ladder.)

Astrid: That’s… Wonderful.

Leroy: No, it’s not. What I really wanted to do, was sail. I even bought a boat. It’s a real clunker. I was going to fix it up, sail around the world, say good-bye to this hellhole. I’m… I’m sorry, sister.

Astrid: It’s okay. You know, someone once told me, you can do anything as long as you can dream it.

Leroy: You really think so?

Astrid: Sure. Look how easily you fixed those lights. I bet you could do anything. I should, uh, get back to the Volunteer Center. Nice to meet you, Leroy.

———–

(Emma is investigating Kathryn’s crashed car. Sidney arrives on the scene with a camera.)

Sidney: You mind if I take a look, too?

Emma: What for?

Sidney: Well, just because I got fired from The Mirror, doesn’t mean I can’t do a little freelance reporting. So, what do we got here?

Emma: Gym teacher found this thing on the side of the road abandoned. Engine running, no one around. Registered to Kathryn Nolan. She’s MIA.

Sidney: Kathryn Nolan, whose husband very publicly left her? I mean, the story writes itself. If I get a scoop like that, The Daily Mirror would have no choice but to take me back.

Emma: Calm down, tiger. You don’t work for Regina anymore. Kathryn got accepted to law school in Boston. Maybe, after David dumped her, she decided to leave town. Car broke down, she hitched the rest of the way. That’s what I would do if I was running away from my problems.

(Emma opens the trunk of the car. There is a suitcase inside.)

Sidney: And, uh, would you leave your clothes in the car?

Emma: Time to pull Kathryn’s phone records and find out who she spoke to last.

Sidney: Yeah, you know, if you go through the Sheriff’s Department, it’ll take you days to get those. I’ve got a contact over at the phone company, who used to help me out when I was at the newspaper. I can get those in a couple hours.

Emma: Great. Call me the minute you get your hands on those phone records.

(David’s truck pulls up along the side of the road.)

Sidney: There he is.

Emma: Time to break the news.

Sidney: You really think he doesn’t know?

Emma: I’m about to find out.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(In the mines, the newly hatched dwarves are being fitted for clothing and are being cleaned up. Bossy is assigned to deal with Grumpy.)

Bossy: Arms up.

Grumpy: What am I?

Bossy: You’re a dwarf.

Grumpy: What am I doing?

Bossy: Being cleaned.

Grumpy: Who is the woman I saw?

Bossy: What woman?

Grumpy: The one I saw right before I hatched. She was beautiful. I want to see her again.

Bossy: Ha! You must be dreaming – there are no female dwarves. Dwarves don’t fall in love, dwarves don’t get married, and dwarves don’t have children. Why do you think you were hatched from an egg?

Grumpy: Then, what do we do?

Bossy: We work.

Grumpy: And we like it?

Bossy: We love it. We even whistle while we do it. We mine the diamonds that get crushed into dust, that give light to the world. You and your seven brethren will bring joy to yourselves and to everyone.

(Bossy joins Grumpy with the seven other dwarves.)

Bossy: Come on. This is your team – these are your brothers. Everyone, grab an axe. It’ll give you your dwarf name.

(The dwarves line up to receive their axe. Once the axe is in their hands, a name appears on the handle. Stealthy, Happy, Doc, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Dopey and Dreamy are the names that appear.)

Bossy: The axe never lies, Dreamy. Okay, folks. Grab a lantern and move out. Today is the first day of the rest of your lives. Welcome to the mines!

–[Real World]–

(Mary Margaret is filling out forms at a table at the Volunteer Center. Leroy enters.)

Leroy: Where can I sign up?

(Mary Margaret ignores him.)

Leroy: What? I want to volunteer to sell candles.

MMB: No, you don’t. You made that very clear this morning at Granny’s.

Leroy: Well… Maybe, I saw the light. I mean, maybe somebody showed it to me. What difference does it make, sister? It looks like you can use all the help you can get.

MMB: Okay, I need help manning the candle booth. No swearing, no drinking, and I get to call all the sh*ts.

(On the other side of the room, Astrid and Mother Superior are talking.)

Mother Superior: You ordered how many tanks of helium?

Astrid: I-I meant to order twelve.

Mother Superior: You ordered twelve dozen. Return them.

Astrid: There are no refunds.

Mother Superior: We needed that money – you knew that. You know how he feels about us. You fix this, Sister Astrid. You fix it now.

(Mother Superior leaves. Leroy, who overheard the exchange, walks over to Astrid.)

Leroy: Hey. What’s the problem?

Astrid: The problem is, I’m an idiot. We get a stipend each year for expenses, and it’s all carefully budgeted except for the part where I spent it all. On helium. And now we can’t pay our rent.

Leroy: So, you’ll make it up when you get your next stipend.

Astrid: Which isn’t till next month. The rent is due next week. And the only income we have are these candles.

Leroy: Well, so how many do you need to sell?

Astrid: Like, a thousand.

Leroy: How many did you sell last year?

Astrid: Forty-two.

Leroy: Ask your landlord to cut you a break.

Astrid: Mr. Gold doesn’t offer much leeway.

Leroy: Mr. Gold’s your landlord?

Astrid: If we miss a payment, we’re out. And then they’ll reassign us, and we’ll have to leave Storybrooke.

Leroy: No, you won’t. You know why you only sold forty-two last year? Because you didn’t have me. This year, we’re going to sell all of them.

Astrid: Wow! Leroy, I guess you really are my hero.

———–

(David and Emma are still at the crash site.)

David: She’s just gone?

Emma: You really don’t know anything, do you?

David: I-I don’t… I don’t understand. What happened?

Emma: I don’t know. I’m trying to find out. What can you tell me? When was the last time you spoke to Kathryn?

David: Yesterday afternoon.

Emma: Okay, look. I know there has been lies and deceit, and I’m really not judging you, but is that the truth?

David: Yes. I haven’t spoken to her since we… I ended things. And I came home yesterday, and all her things were gone. I assumed she was going to Boston. That’s what she told me. Am I a suspect or something?

Emma: No. I know when people are telling the truth, David, and you are. She hasn’t even been gone twenty-four hours. She’s not even technically missing. But, if she is, trust me – I will find her.

———–

(Regina is sitting in her office, when a fax comes through. The fax ends up being two pages of Kathryn’s phone records. Regina grabs her phone and dials a number.)

Regina: Hello, Sidney? Those phone records you wanted – I have them. And I think you’ll find them quite helpful.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Grumpy is shoveling rocks and diamonds onto a conveyor belt. The rocks travel along through a machine that grinds the diamonds into fairy dust. At the end, the dust is funneled into a bag. When the bag is full, Nova goes to pull the lever to stop it, but is unable to. She yells for help.)

Nova: Help! Someone!

(Grumpy quickly pushes the lever, stopping the fairy dust.)

Nova: Oh! Oh, thank you.

Grumpy: It’s you.

Nova: Do we know each other?

Grumpy: You’re the woman I saw in my dreams right before I hatched last year.

Nova: You’re one?

(Nova rests the bag of fairy dust on a machine.)

Grumpy: I know – I look young for my age.

(The fairy dust is lifted up and falls onto a conveyor belt.)

Nova: Oh, no! The fairy dust!

(The bag of fairy dust continues along the conveyor belt and heads towards a furnace. Grumpy climbs up and, at the last second, grabs the bag with his pick axe. He climbs down and hands the bag to Nova.)

Nova: I’m an idiot. All I ever wanted was to be a fairy godmother. That was my dream, but I can’t even pick up fairy dust alone. I’m so clumsy.

Grumpy: No, you’re not. I think you’d make a great fairy godmother.

Nova: You really think so?

Grumpy: I believe you can do anything you want, as long as you can dream it.

Nova: I’m Nova.

Grumpy: I’m Dreamy.

Nova: You know, Dreamy. As fairies, we get to spend very little time in your world, and I was thinking about making a stop on my way back. Have you ever been to see the fireflies?

Grumpy: I barely ever get out of the mines.

Nova: Oh, I-I heard it’s beautiful – that they come out just after sunset on Firefly Hill. I was going to see them tonight on my way back.

Grumpy: Oh, sounds fun. Have a good time.

Nova: Dreamy? Thanks. You’re my hero.

–[Real World]–

(At the Miner’s Day festival, Mary Margaret and Leroy are trying to sell candles at their booth.)

MMB: Buy your Miner’s Day candles here! Handmade by Storybrooke’s very own nuns! Light your way to a good cause! By buying a candle… This isn’t working.

Leroy: You’re right. We should pack it up.

MMB: Now you’re quitting?

Leroy: If the customers won’t come to us, we got to go to them – door to door.

MMB: If they hate us here, what makes you think they’ll like us in their homes?

Leroy: Exactly. They’ll pay us just to leave.

(Elsewhere at the festival, Sidney is playing ring toss. Emma walks up to him.)

Emma: What the hell are you doing?

Sidney: What’s happening?

Emma: I just got off the phone with Kathryn’s school in Boston. Registration was this morning, and she never showed up.

Sidney: Something did happen.

Emma: It looks that way.

(Mary Margaret and Leroy rush past, but Mary Margaret stops when she sees Emma.)

MMB: Oh, Emma! Help me out! What’s more sympathetic. Um, scarf or no scarf?

Emma: Sc-Scarf.

MMB: Okay.

Leroy: Come on – we’re on a schedule.

MMB: Oh, uh, thank you. Got to go.

(Mary Margaret and Leroy run off.)

Sidney: Why didn’t you say anything? You’re looking for a suspect. Someone with a motive. Pixie cut over there has got one a mile high.

Emma: She had nothing to do with anything. Trust me.

Sidney: But she’s the one-

Emma: Trust me – I know her. Just get me those phone records.

———–

(Mary Margaret and Leroy go to their first house. A man eating a carrot answers the door. A woman then appears beside him.)

MMB: Hi. We’re selling candles for Miners Day.

Woman: We’re not interested.

(She shuts the door. Mary Margaret and Leroy try several more houses, but have the door slammed in their face every time.)

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Grumpy and the rest of the dwarves are eating and drinking at a tavern. Grumpy is sitting off to the side by himself. Bossy joins him.)

Bossy: What’s the matter? You barely touched your food.

Grumpy: I don’t know. I can’t eat, I can’t sleep, I don’t feel at all like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me.

Bossy: You’re going to trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pick axe? I wouldn’t worry about it. Dwarves don’t get sick. It must be in your head.

(Belle, who is sitting at the next table, overhears them talking.)

Belle: It’s not in his head – it’s in his heart. You’re in love.

Bossy: Well, that’s impossible. Dwarves can’t fall in love.

Belle: Trust me. I know love, and you’re in it.

(Bossy dismissively waves his hand and goes back to join the others.)

Grumpy: What’s it like?

Belle: It’s the most wonderful and amazing thing in the world. Love is hope. It fuels our dreams. And if you’re in it, you need to enjoy it. Because love doesn’t always last forever.

Grumpy: But, if love’s so great, then why do I feel so bad right now?

Belle: You need to be with the person you love.

Grumpy: Yeah, but how do I know she feels the same way? All she talked about was going to see some fireflies – not loving me.

Belle: What… what did she tell you about these fireflies?

Grumpy: Uh, that she was going to go see them on the hilltop tonight. That she heard they were the most beautiful sight in all the land. What?

Belle: She wasn’t telling you about the fireflies. She was inviting you to go be with her.

Grumpy: You think so?

Belle: I’ve had my heart broken enough to know when somebody’s reaching out. Now go. Find your love, find your hope, find your dreams.

–[Real World]–

(Astrid is picking up the plums (or whatever they are) that she dropped, when Leroy enters the Volunteer Center. Mary Margaret watches from the other side of the room.)

Leroy: Sister Astrid?

Astrid: Hi.

Leroy: I have to talk to you. See, I have some bad news.

Astrid: Oh, no. What is it?

Leroy: The bad news is, that… That… You nuns are going to be real busy making candles, cause me and Mary Margaret just sold them all. You’re not losing the convent. You’re not going anywhere.

(Astrid hugs Leroy. Afterwards, Mary Margaret pulls Leroy aside.)

MMB: How could you tell Astrid that we sold all those candles? That is five thousand dollars, Leroy. Five thousand dollars that we don’t have.

Leroy: Don’t worry about it, alright? I got a plan.

MMB: What plan? A plan like going door to door and having everyone in town laugh in our faces?

Leroy: Just give me till the end of the day. I’ll figure something out.

MMB: And why is this so important to you?

Leroy: The nuns… They’re going to have to leave.

MMB: Oh, my God. You like her! She is a nun, Leroy. Could you possibly pick anyone any less available?

Leroy: Says the girl who went after a married guy? At the end of the day, you’re no better than I am. You got your reasons for being here, I got mine. And when I say I’m going to get that five thousand dollars, I’m going to get that five thousand dollars.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Grumpy runs through the forest up a hill, until he reaches the top. Nova is waiting there.)

Nova: I didn’t think you were going to show up.

Grumpy: I was afraid I was too late.

Nova: Well, you did cut it pretty close. Come on.

(She brings the two of them to a clearing at the edge of the hill. They can see the land below.)

Grumpy: Wow! Look at all those lights. Are those the fireflies?

Nova: No! That’s the village.

Grumpy: Oh.

Nova: And, beyond that, all the lights of the kingdom.

Grumpy: You’ve seen a lot of this world, haven’t you?

Nova: From a distance, yes.

Grumpy: What’s wrong with that?

Nova: Flying over the world and being a part of it aren’t exactly the same thing.

Grumpy: Well, at least you’ve seen the world. Me? I live in the mines, underground. All I ever see is diamonds and dirt and dwarves. You know… We could see it together. Get a boat, sail all over, explore everything the world has to offer.

(Suddenly, hundreds of fireflies appear.)

Nova: Oh, look!

(Nova kisses Grumpy.)

Nova: Okay, let’s do it. Tomorrow night, after I drop off the dust, let’s meet back here. We’ll run off together. We’ll see the world.

Grumpy: Sounds like a dream come true.

–[Real World]–

(Leroy tries to sell his boat to Mr. Gold at the docks.)

Leroy: Now, I know it’s a bit of a fixer-upper, could probably use a new coat of paint, a few spritzes of Febreze here and there, but you can’t tell me that five thousand’s not a reasonable price for this beauty.

Mr. Gold: Three thousand, I think.

Leroy: I need five.

Mr. Gold: You need five? To what do we owe the specificity?

Leroy: Trying to help out a friend.

Mr. Gold: Oh, I see.

Leroy: Look, you don’t even have to pay me anything. Just forgive one month’s rent for the nuns.

Mr. Gold: The nuns?

Leroy: You can have the boat. They’ll pay you back eventually. It’s a good deal. You get everything.

Mr. Gold: So, that’s what this is about.

Leroy: Come on – you’re a rich guy. You can afford to give them time to make up one month’s, right?

Mr. Gold: You’re right – I could.

Leroy: So, great.

Mr. Gold: But I won’t. I have a fairly specific rental agreement. If they miss a payment, I’m within my rights to evict.

Leroy: Oh, come on. Why don’t you-

Mr. Gold: And, quite honestly, it’s going to be a great relief to be rid of such distasteful tenants.

Leroy: You don’t like nuns? Who doesn’t like nuns?

Mr. Gold: Oh, I have my reasons. And they’re mine. Let’s just say, I have a long and complicated history with them, and leave it at that.

(Mr. Gold leaves. Leroy briefly goes into the cabin of the boat, when Astrid arrives. Leroy goes back outside and sees she has a pie.)

Astrid: Hello?

Leroy: Astrid!

Astrid: Mary Margaret said I might find you down here. I… I made you a pie. It’s the least I could do after all your help. Oh, this boat is great! It’s going to be amazing when you get it out on the water. I can’t even remember the last time I was on it-

(Astrid sees the boxes of candles underneath a tarp.)

Astrid: What… What’s this?

(She pulls back the tarp.)

Astrid: If you sold all the candles, why are they still here, Leroy?

Leroy: I didn’t sell them all. I tried to, but nobody wanted to buy them from me. I was going to tell you the truth, but I was afraid of letting you down.

Astrid: So, you lied.

Leroy: I’m sorry, Astrid. I guess you believed in the wrong guy.

———–
(At the station, Emma is looking at pictures from the crash site on a bulletin board. Sidney enters with a folder.)

Emma: You find something?

(He hands Emma the folder.)

Sidney: Kathryn’s phone records. Every call she made the day she crashed her car. Including an eight minute call between her and David within an hour of the accident.

Emma: That’s not possible. He said he didn’t speak to her that day.

Sidney: Then, he’s lying.

Emma: No. I know when someone is lying, and David-

Sidney: It’s right here on paper, Emma. Phone records don’t lie – people do. And our friend David does it better than most. Don’t b*at yourself up over this. You’re not the only person David fooled.

———–

(Mary Margaret is having a drink at Granny’s Diner. Leroy comes in and sits next to her.)

Leroy: I’ll have what she’s having.

MMB: Well? Did you get it?

Leroy: What do you think?

MMB: I think you’re right. I was dreaming if I thought the town harlot and the town drunk could accomplish anything.

Leroy: Yeah. Just dreaming.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Grumpy tries to sneak out while the other dwarves are sleeping. However, Stealthy is awake. Stealthy clears his throat to make himself known.)

Grumpy: Stealthy.

(The noise wakes the other dwarves.)

Stealthy: You know, if you wanted to sneak out, you should’ve come to me.

Sneezy: You’re leaving us?

Doc: Without even saying good bye?

Sneezy: B-but where you going?

Grumpy: To be with Nova. We’re in love. We’re going to see the world together.

Stealthy: I don’t understand. I thought we were meant to live our lives here – in the mines.

Grumpy: I thought so, too. But things change when you fall in love. Suddenly, anything seems possible.

(Sneezy hands Grumpy an axe.)

Sneezy: Well, take this with you. It might come in handy.

Grumpy: I don’t need it anymore.

(The eight of them group hug.)

———–

(Grumpy heads through the forest towards Firefly Hill. Bossy has followed him.)

Bossy: You can’t do this, Dreamy. You can’t go to her.

Grumpy: Why not?

Bossy: You have a responsibility. To mine the diamonds we make into fairy dust.

Grumpy: But, I love her.

Bossy: You’re a dwarf, Dreamy. We’re not capable of love. It’s not how we’re made.

Grumpy: But, what if I’m different? What if you’re wrong?

(The Blue Fairy appears.)

Blue Fairy: Bossy’s not wrong, young one. What you feel – it’s just a dream.

Grumpy: Who are you?

Blue Fairy: I’m Nova’s teacher. And if the two of you run away together, it will not end well. Nova will lose her wings. But, if you return to the mines, and if you allow Nova to become the fairy that she was meant to be, the two of you will bring untold joy to the world. Nova can be a great fairy – if you let her. The choice is yours.

–[Real World]–

(Mary Margaret and Leroy are still drinking at the diner.)

MMB: Leroy, you understand that a relationship between you and Sister Astrid can never happen?

Leroy: Yeah, yeah. My whole life people made it their business to tell me what I can’t do. She was the first person that said I could do anything. Who believed in me. I didn’t want to disappoint her.

MMB: But there are consequences to following through when the world tells you not to. I mean, look at me. I am a pariah in this town.

Leroy: What about your good memories?

MMB: What do you mean?

Leroy: Didn’t you have moments with him that you love? Do you regret them?

MMB: No, of course not.

Leroy: Isn’t that what life’s about? Holding on to your good memories? All I wanted was a moment with Astrid. One moment to give me hope that any dream’s possible. You’ve had all that, Mary Margaret. So, stop feeling sorry for yourself and enjoy it. Because I haven’t.

MMB: Well, if I had the dream, I’m sorry to say, it wasn’t worth it.

Leroy: And sitting here drinking won’t end this pain.

MMB: What will?

Leroy: I can only think of one thing.

———–

(At the Miner’s Day festival, Leroy, who has a pick axe, is on the roof of one of the buildings. He sees a transformer near him.)

Leroy: Perfect.

(Mary Margaret also climbs onto the roof.)

MMB: Leroy! What are you doing? Please, don’t do it!

Leroy: I’m not going to jump.

MMB: You’re not?

Leroy: No, are you crazy? I could hit someone. You know how much damage I could do? I’m solidly built.

MMB: Leroy, what are you doing up here?

Leroy: I’m going to get my moment.

MMB: Wait! Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! What?

Leroy: You might want to duck.

(Leroy hits the transformer with the axe. The power goes out at the festival.)

MMB: What are you doing?

Leroy: I’m selling candles, sister.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Nova is waiting at the clearing at the edge of the hill. Grumpy arrives.)

Nova: Dreamy, come on! I have to show you something.

Grumpy: Nova, we need to talk.

Nova: No, you have to see this.

(She magically produces a telescope and hands it to Grumpy.)

Nova: Take a look.

(He looks through the telescope and spots a boat on the water.)

Grumpy: It’s amazing.

Nova: It has everything we need to explore the world. Supplies, maps of all the kingdoms, a sturdy sail-

Grumpy: Nova. I can’t go with you.

Nova: What about our life together? Our dream?

Grumpy: I’m a dwarf, Nova. I belong in the mines. You belong with the other fairies, and that’s never going to change.

Nova: Dreamy, you control what changes in your life. Never let yourself forget – you’re special.

Grumpy: Why? What makes us different from any other dwarf and fairy out there?

Nova: Our love.

Grumpy: I don’t think it’s love. It’s a dream – we need to put it away.

Nova: I don’t want to put it away.

Grumpy: I’m not your dream, Nova. Your dream’s to be a fairy godmother, and you can still be that.

Nova: You talked to the Blue Fairy.

Grumpy: It doesn’t matter.

Nova: What did she say?

Grumpy: It doesn’t matter.

Nova: What did she say?

Grumpy: Nova! What matters is, I can’t stand in the way of your happiness.

Nova: You’re my happiness! I love you. Don’t you love me?

Grumpy: I’m a dwarf – I can’t love.

———–

(The dwarves are mining in the mines.)

Bossy: Let’s pick up the pace, boys! We’re making magic here!

(Grumpy enters. Everyone stops working and looks at him.)

Grumpy: Where’s my axe? Where’s my axe?

Sneezy: Dreamy! You’re…back!

(Bossy hands Grumpy a pick axe.)

Bossy: Well, heigh-ho, boys! Good to have you back, Dreamy.

Grumpy: No place I’d rather be. Heigh-ho.

(Grumpy starts to furiously pound at a rock. The others stop and stare. Eventually, the handle breaks off of the axe.)

Grumpy: Bossy – hand me another axe.

Bossy: Here you are, Dreamy.

(Bossy hands Grumpy another axe. On the handle, a new name appears – Grumpy.)

Grumpy: It’s Grumpy now.

–[Real World]–

(All of the people at the Miner’s Day festival mob Mary Margaret and Leroy to buy candles. Mary Margaret then notices that all of the boxes are empty.)

MMB: Leroy. We sold out.

(The two of them hug. They see Astrid standing with the other nuns.)

MMB: Well, go on – give her the news. Have your moment.

(Leroy brings the box of money over to the group of nuns.)

Astrid: Excuse me.

(The other nuns leave, leaving Astrid and Leroy alone.)

Leroy: Five thousand bucks. Piece of cake.

Astrid: You sold them all?

Leroy: I had a little help.

Astrid: You made it happen.

Leroy: You have no idea.

Astrid: I don’t know what to say.

Leroy: You’re welcome. Listen – that boat of mine? I’m going to fix it up. And, well, maybe you could be my first passenger.

Astrid: I’d like that.

Leroy: Well, then, that’s what we’ll do, sister.

Astrid: Oh. It’s beautiful, isn’t it?

(They look around the festival and see everyone holding the lit candles.)

———–

(Emma is looking over Kathryn’s phone records at the station. The name ‘D. Nolan’ is highlighted. Regina enters.)

Emma: If this is about the blackout, I’ve got the guys from the power company down there working on it.

Regina: That’s not why I’m here. It’s been twenty-four hours since my friend, Kathryn, went missing. Have you found anything?

Emma: I found something. I just don’t know what it means.

Regina: Well, what is it?

Emma: At this point in the investigation, it’s best I don’t divulge that information.

Regina: If you’re covering for someone, if you’re not doing your job, Sheriff Swan, I’ll find someone who will.

———–

(Mary Margaret makes a ‘sold out’ sign and puts it at the front of the candle booth. She walks to her car, which still has the word ‘tramp’ spray painted on it. She stares at it for a moment, and then decides to go back to the Miner’s Day festival. Granny stops her and relights Mary Margaret’s candle. David watches Mary Margaret walk past as Emma arrives. Emma approaches him.)

David: Emma.

Emma: David, we need to talk.

David: Did you get a hold of Kathryn?

Emma: No, I’m afraid not.

David: Then, what is it?

Emma: I need you to come to the sheriff’s station with me and tell me everything.

David: I’m sorry. I thought I already did.

Emma: So did I.

(Emma leads David to the back seat of her squad car. Mary Margaret looks on worriedly.)

–[End]–