01x01 - Days Gone By

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Walking Dead". Aired: October 2010 to present.*

Moderator: Maddie1691

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

The Walking Dead follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home in a world overrun by zombies.

01x01 - Days Gone By

Post by bunniefuu »

Intersection

A police car pulls up and Rick Grimes, a deputy, gets out of the car. He walks around amid overturned vehicles and trash laying everywhere. He holds a small fuel t*nk in his hand trying to look for some fuel. He walks past several vehicles where decomposing dead people sit in their cars with flies buzzing around them. He walks towards the gas station and sees that the sign says ‘No Gas'. He starts to walk back towards his car but he hears some footsteps. He kneels down and looks under a car. He sees a small girl walking toward a teddy bear. She is in a night gown and some slippers. She picks it up and starts walking away from Rick.

Rick: Little girl? I'm a policeman. Little girl.

She stops.

Rick: Don't be afraid. Okay? Little girl.

When she turns around, we see that she is a walker with missing parts of her cheek. She starts to shuffle towards Rick and groans. Before she can get to him, Rick draws his p*stol and fires. The little girl is struck in the head and she falls down dead. Rick stares in shock.

OPENING CREDITS

Police car

Earlier, Rick and Shane, another deputy, are sitting in their police car talking and eating.

Rick: What's the difference between men and women?

Shane: Is this a joke?

Rick: No, serious.

Shane: I never met a woman who knew how to turn off a light. They're born thinking in a switch, it only goes one way. On. They're struck blind the second they leave a room. I mean every woman, I ever let have a key... I swear to God. Come home, house all lit up, and my job, apparently because… because my chromosomes happen to be different cause I then gotta walk through that house, turn off every single light this chick left on.

Rick: Is that right?

Shane: Yeah, baby. Alright, Reverend Shane's preaching to you now, boy.

Rick smiles.

Shane: The same chick, mind ya. She'll bitch about global warming. That's when Reverend Shane wants to quote from the Guy Gospel and say "Um, darling? maybe you, and every other pair of boobs on this planet just figured out that the light switch see, goes both ways, "maybe we wouldn't have so much global warming."

Rick: You say that?

Shane: Yeah. Anyway, uh… Polite version… Still man, that… that earns me this. This look and loathing you would not believe. And that's when the exorcist voice pops out. "You sound just like my damn father. Always, always yelling about the power bill, telling me to turn off the damn lights."

Rick: What do you say to that?

Shane: You know what I wanna say. I wanna say, "Bitch, you mean to tell me you've been hearing this your entire life and you are still too damn stupid to learn how to turn off a switch? You know… I don't actually say that, tho.

Rick: That would be bad.

Shane: Yeah, go with the uh… the polite version there…

Rick: Very wise.

Shane: Yes, sir. So how's it with Lori, man?

Rick: She's good. She's good at turning off lights. Really good. I don't know why I sometimes forget.

Shane: Not what I meant.

Rick: We didn't have a great night.

Shane: Look, man, I may have a… fail to amuse with my sermon, but I did try. The least you could do is speak.

Rick: That's what she always says: "Speak". "Speak". You'd think I was the most closed mouth son of a bitch you'd ever hear her telling.

Shane: Do you express your thoughts? Do you share your feelings and that kind of stuff?

Rick: The thing is… lately whenever I try… everything I say makes her impatient, like she didn't want to hear it after all. It's like she's… pissed at me all the time, and I don't know why.

Shane: Look, man, that's just sh*t couples go through. Nah, it's… It's a phase.

Rick: Last thing she said this morning?

Shane: Mm?

Rick: Sometimes I wonder if you even care about us at all. She said that in front of our kid. Imagine going to school with that in your head. Difference between men and women? I would never say something that cruel to her. Certainly not in front of Carl.

Before they can elaborate, they get a call about a high speed chase.

Caller: All available units, high speed pursuit in progress Lincoln county units request local assistance. Highway 18 south GTAAD W217 243. Proceed with extreme caution.

Shane puts the food in the dustbin as Rick drives the car.

Police Car

While driving, Shane & Rick are listening to the caller on their radio.

Caller: Suspects are two male Caucasians. Be advised, they have fired on police officers. One Lindon county officer is wounded.

Road

Caller: Unit 1 Unit 3, please. 18, 2 miles west of lnterstate 85 and we'll patch in Lindon County Sheriff radio.

Policeman: Roger that. We're 5 minutes out on the route 18 intersection.

Rick stops the car and he & Shane gets out of the car. They set up spike strips to stop the felon when he drives by.

Policeman: Dispatch, Unit 1, Unit 3, we are 10-97 in code 100. Highway 18, 85 Interstate, please advice.

They back up to the other deputies and get out of their cars to aim their g*ns.

Policeman: Sounds like they're chasing those idiots up and down every back road we got.

Leon: Hey, we'll get them on one of those video shows, you know, like World's craziest police chases, what do you think?

Rick: What I think, Leon, is that you need to stay focused. Make sure you got a round in the chamber and your safety off.

Leon realizes he didn't do that and corrects his mistake.

Shane: Would be kind of cool to get on one of them shows.

Suddenly, the car comes down the road. It hits the spike strips dead on and ends up crashing after flipping multiple times.

Rick: Holy sh*t.

The deputies aim all of their g*ns at the men inside the car. The driver's door opens and he comes out with a g*n.

Policeman: g*n, g*n, g*n.

Rick: Put it down! Put the g*n down!

But the man comes out f*ring. Several sh*ts are exchanged and Rick is hit in the vest. The other deputies take him down. Another man comes out f*ring and they also take him down. Shane runs to Rick.

Shane: Rick!

Rick: I'm alright!

Shane: I saw you get tagged, man, it scared the hell out of me.

Rick: Me too. Son of a bitch sh*t me. You believe that?

Shane: He got you in your new vest.

Rick: Yeah. Shane, you do not tell Lori that happened. Ever. You understand… Aah!

Suddenly, a third man comes out and hits Rick in the shoulder with a shotgun. This time, Rick is actually hit and lies on the ground gasping for air.

Shane: Rick! Rick! No, no, no! Shh, shh, shh. No, no, no, no… He's hurt! Leon! You get that ambulance down here, you tell them there's an officer down, you do it now!

Shane stays with Rick to comfort him.

Shane: Shh, shh, shh, hey, you look at me, stay with me, you hear me? Shh, shh. okay. Shh, shh, stay with me, you hear me? Shh, shh, ok? You stay with me, ok?

Room - Hospital

Rick sees Shane in the hospital.

Shane: Hey, bud… We're still here. We're still hanging in. Look, I'm sorry, man. I mean watching the same crap every time I come in here. Everybody pitched in on these. They uh… They wanted me to bring them down, they send their love and they just… They hope you come back real soon. Linda and Diane from dispatch, they picked these out. You probably could tell, hmm? I'll just set this on your side table, ok?

Shane sits them on the drawer next to the bed. When he goes out of sight, we see Rick is hallucinating.

Rick: That vase has something special. Fess up. Did you steal it from your Grandma Gene's house? I hope you left her that spoon collection. Shane?

He looks over on the table and sees that the flowers are dead and dried out.

Rick: Shane, you in the john?

He pulls one off and it falls apart in his hands. Over on the wall, the clock has stopped at 2:16. Rick is confused and he decides to get out of the bed. He is very weak from not having any food or water as well as his injury. He falls out of the bed and onto the floor.

Rick: Nurse, help. Nurse. Help!

Rick calls for the nurse, but nobody answers. Rick gets up on his own and heads into the bathroom. He gets the water running and takes a long drink.

Hallways – Hospital

Rick leaves his room and finds that the lights are flickering in the hallways. There are several overturned beds and papers laying everywhere. Rick shuffles down the hallways. He comes to a desk and picks up the phone, but he is unable to get a dial tone. In one of the bins, he finds a pack of matches. He picks it up and lights one to make sure it works. He continues to walk down the dark hallway and looks through a door. On the other side on the floor is a dead woman that is missing her abdomen and her entrails are hanging out of her stomach. Disgusted, Rick continues down the wall. He sees b*llet holes and blood stains on the walls and walks toward a door that says, "Don't open, Dead Inside." When he approaches it, the door starts to push open but the lock and board that was placed on it prevents it from opening. Hands that look pale and dirty reach out to try to get at Rick, but he runs away from it. He tries to get inside the elevator, but it isn't working. He runs into the stairwell, but it is dark inside. He lights several matches and walks down. Rick finally reaches the bottom and goes outside into the light.

Outside

As he walks down into the back parking lot, Rick sees hundreds of bodies that are all strewn across the parking lot. They have been wrapped in body bags and Rick is disgusted by the sight of the dead bodies and flies buzzing around them. Rick walks up an embankment where there is a helicopter, m*llitary tents and vehicles set up. The place has been destroyed and abandoned.

Street

Rick walks down a street and finds a bicycle. He picks it up and notices a mutilated corpse near it. When he moves the bike, the corpse actually turns on him. It's a dead woman that is missing her legs. She crawls towards Rick, but he jumps on the bike and rides away. He reaches his house and starts running around yelling for Lori and Carl.

Rick: Lori! Lori! Carl! Carl! Lori! Carl!

They are nowhere to be found and Rick falls onto the ground sobbing.

Rick: Lori! Carl!

He starts to panic.

Rick: Is this real? Am I here?

He starts to smack himself.

Rick: Wake, wake up!

He walks out onto the steps of his house and sits down in frustration. He has no idea how to take all of this in. He looks over and sees a man walking down the street. Rick stares at him, confused, and starts to motion for him to come over. Someone comes up behind Rick. He turns around to take a shovel to the face. Duane, a kid, has hit Rick.

Duane: Daddy, daddy!

Rick: Carl… Carl? I found you…

Rick calls Duane by the name of Carl thinking that it's his son.

Duane: Daddy, I got this sumbitch. I'm gonna smack him dead.

Morgan, Duane's father, runs over and sh**t the other man in the street in the head.

Morgan: He say something? I thought I heard him say something.

Duane: He called me Carl.

Morgan: Son, you know they don't talk.

Morgan notices the bandage.

Morgan: Hey, mister! What's that bandage for?

Rick: What?

Morgan: What kind of wound? You answer me, damn you! What's your wound?

Rick doesn't respond.

Morgan: You tell me! Or I will k*ll you.

Rick passes out.

Bedroom - House

Rick wakes up in a house and sees Duane with a baseball bat.

Morgan: Got that bandage changed out. It was pretty rank. What was? The wound?

Rick: g*n sh*t.

Morgan: g*n sh*t? What else? Anything?

Rick: g*n sh*t ain't enough?

Morgan: Look, I ask and you answer. It's common courtesy, right? Did you get bit?

Rick: Bit?

Morgan: Bit. Chewed. Maybe scratch? Anything like that.

Rick: No, I got sh*t.

Morgan: Just sh*t?

Rick: As far as I know. Hey… Just let me…

Morgan feels his forehead.

Morgan: Feels cooler now. Fever would have k*lled you by now.

Rick: I don't think I have one.

Morgan: Be hard to miss.

He pulls out a Kn*fe and shows it to him.

Morgan: Take a moment, eh? Look how sharp it is. You try anything… I will k*ll you with it, and don't you think I won't.

Rick stays still and Morgan cuts him free.

Morgan: Come on up when you're able. Come on.

Morgan and his son leave the room.

Dining Room – House

Rick walks down the stairs to find Morgan and Duane getting their supper ready.

Rick: This place… It's Fred and Cindy Drake's.

Morgan: Never met them.

Rick: I've been here. This is their place.

Morgan: It was empty when we got here.

Rick goes to peel the blankets on the windows back.

Morgan: Don't do that. They'll see the light. There's more of them out there than usual. I never should have fired that g*n today. The sound draws them, now they're all over the street. Stupid… using a g*n… It all happened so fast… I didn't think.

Rick: You sh*t that man today.

Morgan: Man?

Duane: No man…

Morgan: What the hell was that out of your mouth just now?

Duane: It wasn't a man.

Rick: You sh*t him. In this street, out front, a man.

Morgan: For him, you need glasses. It was a walker.

Rick: Come on.

Rick is confused.

Morgan: Sit down, before you fall down. Here. Eat.

Rick sits.

Duane: Daddy… Blessing…

Morgan: Yeah.

All three hold hands.

Morgan: Father, we thank thee for this food… Thy blessings… We ask you to watch over us in these crazy days. Amen.

Duane: Amen.

They start eating.

Morgan: Hey, mister, do you even know what is going on?

Rick: I woke up today. In a hospital. Came home, that's all I know.

Morgan: But you know about the dead people, right?

Rick: Yeah, I saw a lot of that. Out on the loading dock, hauling trucks.

Morgan: No… Not the one's they put down… The one's they didn't. The walkers. Like the one I sh*t today. Cause he would have ripped into you. Try to eat you, take him some flesh at least. But I guess if this is the first you're hearing, I know how it must sound…

Rick: They're out there now, in the street?

Morgan: Yeah. They're even more active after dark sometimes. Maybe it's the cool air or… Hell, maybe it's just me f*ring up that g*n today. But we'll be fine long as we stay quiet. Probably wander off by morning. Well, listen… One thing I do know… Don't you get bit! We saw your bandage and that's why we were afraid of. Bites k*ll you. The fever… burns you out. But then after a while… You come back.

Duane: Seen it happen…

They continue eating quietly.

Living-room – House

After supper, Duane is sleeping next to his father.

Morgan: Carl… He your son? William… He said his name today…

Rick: He's a little younger… than your boy.

Morgan: And he's with his mother?

Rick: I hope so.

Duane: Dad?

Morgan: Yeah?

Duane: Did you ask him?

Morgan: Your g*n sh*t… We got a little bet going. My boy says you're a… bank robber…

Rick: Yeah… That's me. Deadly as Dillinger. Kapow. Sheriff's deputy.

Morgan: Aha.

A car alarm outside starts going off. Morgan calms Duane down, who woke up in panic.

Morgan: Hey, it's ok, daddy's here. It's nothing. One of them must've bumped a car…

Rick: You sure?

Morgan: Happened once before. Went off a few minutes. Get the light, Dwayne.

They dim the lights and look outside. There are several of them walking around outside.

Morgan: It's the blue one, down the street. Same one as last time. I think we're ok.

Rick: That noise… Will it bring more of them?

Morgan: Nothing to do about it now. Just have to wait 'em out till morning.

Duane looks outside and sees a female walking close to the house.

Duane: She's here.

Morgan: Don't look. Get away from the windows. I said go! Come on!

Duane starts to cry and Morgan comforts him. We realize this is Duane's mother and Morgan's wife.

Morgan: Come on, quiet. Shh, shh…

Rick walks towards the door and looks out the peephole.

Morgan: It's ok, here. Cry into the pillow. Can you remember? Shh…

The woman looks at the door in confusion and seems to be staring at Rick. She then starts to turn the doorknob left and right, but it doesn't open since it's shut. Rick sits next to Morgan.

Morgan: She, uh… She d*ed in the other room, on that bed… Nothin' I can do about it here… That fever, man… Her skin gave off heat like a furnace… Should have put her down, I should have put her down, I know that, but… You know what… I just didn't have it in me… She's the mother of my child.

They look at the doorknob and it continues to turn left and right.
Outside

The next morning, Rick, Morgan, and Duane gets out of the house.

Rick: Are we sure… they're dead?

Morgan: You have to ask, just one more time. They're dead. Except for something in the brain. That's why it's gotta be the head.

One of them is lying up against the fence post but gets up and starts walking towards Rick. He smashes it in the head several times with a baseball bat. He falls to the ground.

Morgan: You alright?

Rick: Need a moment.

House

They enter Rick's house.

Rick: They're alive. My wife and son. At least they were when they left.

Morgan: How can you know? By the look of this place…

Rick: I found empty drawers in the bedroom. They packed some clothes. Not a lot. But enough to travel.

Morgan: You know anybody could've broken in here and stolen clothes, right?

Rick: You see the framed photos on the walls? Neither do I. Some random thief took those too, you think? My photo albums, family pictures, all gone.

Morgan starts to sob.

Morgan: Photo albums… My wife… Same thing… Here I am, packing survival gear, she's grabbing photo albums…

Duane: They're in Atlanta, I'll bet.

Morgan: That's right.

Rick: Why there?

Morgan: Refugee settle. Huge, when they said it, before the broadcast stopped. m*llitary protection, food, shelter… They told people to go there. Said to be safest.

Duane: Plus they got that disease place.

Morgan: Center for Disease Control. Said they were working on how to solve this thing.

Rick grabs a set of keys.

Police Station

They all enter the sheriff's office. They walk into the locker room and Rick turns on the shower. Morgan: Gas and light have been down for maybe a month.

Rick: Station got its own propane system. Pilot's still on.

The three men decide to enjoy a nice, hot shower. Rick shaves his beard off and they all get clean.

Morgan: Oh, my Lord.

Duane: Hot water!

Morgan: That feels good, right?

Locker Room – Police Station

Rick: Duane… Dress in room back there.

Rick hands Duane some clothes so he can change.

Morgan: What you say, Dwayne?

Duane: Thank you.

Morgan: Mhm.

Duane leaves the locker room.

Morgan: Atlanta sounds like a good deal. Safer anyway. People… That's where we were heading. Things got crazy. Man, you won't believe. The panic… Streets won't fit to be on, and then we'll… My wife… couldn't travel. No, not with our herd, so we had to find a place to lay low. And then, after she d*ed… We just stayed hunkered down. I guess we just froze in place.

Rick: Plan to move on?

Morgan: Haven't worked up to it yet.

g*n Room – Police Station

Rick: A lot of it's gone missing.

Duane: Dad, can I learn to sh**t? I'm old enough.

Morgan: Hell yes you're going to learn. We gotta do it carefully, teach you to respect the w*apon.

Rick: That's right. It's not a toy. You pull the trigger, you have to mean it. Always remember that, Duane.

Duane: Yes, sir.

Morgan: Here. Go on.

Rick hands Morgan a Remington 700 with a scope on the end.

Rick: Take that one. Nothing fancy. Scope's accurate.

Outside

They get out of the police station and reach the police car.

Rick: Conserve your a*mo. Goes faster than you think. Especially at target practice.

Morgan: Dwayne.

Duane: Yeah?

Morgan: Take this to the car.

Rick: You sure you won't come along?

Morgan: A few more days… By the end, Dwayne will know how to sh**t and I won't be so rusty.

Rick gives Morgan a walkie-talkie.

Rick: You got one better. I'll turn mine on, a few minutes every day at dawn. You get up there, that's how you find me.

Morgan: You think they're here?

Rick: Can't afford not to. Not anymore.

Morgan: Look, just one thing. They may not seem like much one at a time… but in a group all round up and hungry… May you watch your ass.

Rick: You too.

Morgan: You a good man, Rick. I hope you'll find your wife and son.

Rick: Be seeing you, Duane. Take care of your old man.

Duane: Yes, sir.

Before they can leave, Morgan looks over and sees Leon Basset, who is now a walker.

Rick: Leon Basset? Didn't think much of him. Careless and dumb, but… can't leave him like this.

Morgan: You know they'll hear the sh*t.

Rick: Let's not be here when they'll show up.

Morgan: Let's go, son. Come on.

Duane and Morgan runs to their car, while Rick approaches Leon. He pulls out his Colt Python and sh**t him in the head, k*lling him. Morgan and Duane separate and head back to their house. Rick heads off in his sheriff's car.

Morgan & Duane's House

They are working. Morgan nails the door shut and smiles at his son.

Street

Rick walks around the location where he saw the legless walker. He starts to look for her.

Morgan & Duane's House

Morgan: Read your comic books a while. Daddy'll be upstairs.

Park

Rick continues looking for the legless walker.

Morgan & Duane's House

Morgan pulls out his photo albums and looks at several pictures of his wife, smiling. He hangs one of them on the wall and he takes the Remington 700 that Rick handed him.

Park

Rick walks and starts to follow a trail. He finds the woman still trying to crawl.

Morgan & Duane's House

Morgan whistles to one of the walkers and he fires at him. The sight is accurate and he nails it right in the head. The walkers hear the noise. Duane gets scared.

Duane: Daddy?

Morgan: It's alright, Duane. You stay there, son. Don't come up here.

Morgan sh**t another one through the head and tries to look for his wife.

Morgan: Jenny… Come on, baby.

Park

She spots Rick and he kneels next to her. The woman tries to claw at Rick and wants to eat him.

Rick: I'm sorry this happened to you.

He pulls out his Python and puts the legless woman out of her misery by sh**ting her in the head.

Morgan & Duane's House

Several of the walkers start to walk towards the house. Morgan finally spots his wife out in the crowd. He aims at her, but his wife looks right at the scope.

Morgan: Come on, come on.

Morgan breaks down and can't bring himself to sh**t his wife. He brings the r*fle up again and stares at his wife. She turns around and starts to walk away from the house, but even with her back turned, Morgan still can't sh**t her. He breaks down again.

Park

Rick leaves the dead legless walker.

Road

Later, Rick drives down the road and broadcasts on the radio over an emergency channel.

Broadcasting on emergency channel. We'll be approaching Atlanta on Highway 85. Anybody reads, please respond. Hello. Hello. Can anybody hear my voice? Anybody out there? Anybody hears me, please respond. Hello, can you hear my voice?

Survival Camp

The survival group hear Rick's message.

Rick: Hello? Hello? Can anybody hear my voice?

Amy answers Rick.

Amy: Hey? Hello?

Rick: Can you hear my voice?

Amy: Yes, I can hear you. You're coming through. Over.

Rick: Anybody who reads, please respond. Broadcasting on emergency channel. We'll be approaching Atlanta on Highway 85. Anybody reads, please respond.

Amy: We're just outside the city. Damnit. Hello? Hello? He couldn't hear me. I couldn't warn him.

Dale: Try to raise him again. Come on, son. You know best how to work this thing,

Shane comes over and tries to work the radio.

Shane: Hello, hello, is the person who calls still on the air? This is officer Shane Walsh, broadcasting a person unknown, please respond. He's gone.

Lori and Carl Grimes are revealed to be alive and they also join the group.

Lori: There are others. It's not just us.

Shane: Yeah, We knew there would be, right, that's why we let the CB on.

Lori: Lots of good it's been doing. And I've been saying for a week, we ought to put signs up on 85 to warn people away from the city.

Amy: Folks got no idea what they're getting into.

Shane: We don't have enough time.

Lori: I think we need to make time.

Shane: Yeah, that, uh… That's a luxury we can't afford. We are surviving here. We are day to day.

Dale: And who the hell would you propose to send?

Lori: I'll go. Give me a vehicle.

Shane: Nobody goes anywhere alone, you know that.

Lori: Yes, sir.

Lori goes away and her son follows her, but Shane holds him back.

Shane: Hey, hey, hey, come on, take a sit, buddy. You're alright, go on, you're alright.

Shane follows her.

Shane: What, you're pissed at me? Well pissing me all you want won't gonna change anything.

Tent

Lori enters and Shane follows her.

Shane: I'm not putting you in danger, okay? I'm not doing it for anything. I make you feel like sometimes you wanna slap me outside the head… I'll tell you what, girl. You feel that need, you go right ahead. I'm right here. You cannot walk off like that, all half-cocked. Look, if you don't wanna do it for my sake or for your sake, that's fine. But just… You do it for him. That boy has been through too much. And he's not losing his mother too, ok? Okay.

Lori: Ok, fine.

Shane: You tell me okay. It's not hard.

They smiles at each other.

Shane: Hey…

Shane walks up to Lori and kisses her.

Carl: Mom?

Shane exits before he can see them kissing.

Shane: What's up, buddy? She's in there, go on.

Lori: Hey. I don't want you to worry. Your mom is not going anywhere. Okay? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? Go finish your chores.

Carl: Okay.

Police Car

Rick pulls the photograph that he has of his family off of the window. He starts to walk down the road to find some gasoline that he can use to continue his ride to Atlanta. He comes upon a house.

Rick: Hello? Police officer out here. Can I borrow some gas? Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Rick looks inside and sees two dead bodies with flies buzzing around them. There is a message on the wall written in blood saying "God Forgive Us". Rick walks over to the truck that is sitting in the driveway, but there are no keys. Frustrated, he starts to walk back, but notices a horse. Rick walks toward it and coaxes it.

Rick: Easy now, easy. I'm not gonna hurt you. Nothing like that. More like a proposal. Atlanta's just down the road ways. It's safe there. Food, shelter, people, other horses too, I bet. How's that sound?

Rick wraps the harness around the horse.

Rick: There we go. Good boy. Good boy. Now come with me. Come with me.

He leads it out of the stable. Rick rides the horse down the fields.

Rick: Let's go easy, ok? I haven't done this for years. Easy. Easy, boy. Easy, easy, easy.

Highway

Rick: Let's go.

He eventually gets to the outskirts of Atlanta. One side of the highway is empty while the other side of the highway is packed with several cars that have been wrecked or abandoned. Rick continues to ride down the empty side of the highway to enter Atlanta.

Road

Rick rides into the city and along the streets. He sees that the streets are abandoned and there is trash everywhere. Rick leads the horse down the street where there are helicopters, cars, and even a t*nk wrecked along the road. Rick rides past a bus and some of the walkers see him. They get up and start to walk toward him. Rick doesn't panic.

Rick: Steady. It's just a few. Nothing we can't outrun.

Rick rides past them and goes to ride down the street.

Rick: Okay, whoa whoa whoa.

He looks up on the t*nk and sees a dead body that is being pecked at by crows. He rides past the t*nk and looks up in the air. He sees a helicopter fly past him. Rick starts to ride in the direction of the helicopter, but when he turns at the corner, there is a lot of walkers.

All of them shuffle after Rick and he rides back down the street he came from. He then comes across another huge group of walkers. Rick struggles to get away but he's trapped. Rick falls off the horse and starts to crawl away from it. Some of the walkers eat the horse and Rick realizes that he has dropped his g*n bag. He crawls underneath the t*nk while walkers still try to catch him. They crawl under the t*nk and Rick sh**t some of them with his Colt Python.

Rick: Lori, Carl, I'm sorry.

Rick prepares to use the last b*llet on himself, but sees the hatch above him. He crawls up and shuts it.

t*nk

He sits down and starts to breathe heavily. He then sees a dead soldier in the t*nk. He takes the soldier's g*n, but he's a walker. Rick uses the last b*llet in his Python to sh**t him through the head. The sound of the b*llet in the enclosed space hurts Rick's ears and it takes him a minute to get his hearing back. He starts to crawl up to the top hatch and looks outside. He sees that the bag of g*ns is lying in the street way out of his reach. The rest of the walkers start to converge on the t*nk to get at him. Rick shuts the hatch before they can get him. Rick sits in the t*nk and seems very disheartened. He notices that the soldier's g*n is loaded and thinks about taking his own life. Just then, the radio in the t*nk starts to make static sounds. A voice on the other end starts talking.

Man: Hey, you. Dumb ass. Hey, you in the t*nk. Cozy in there?

Rick realizes that he isn't alone.

Outside

Some of the walkers continue to eat the horse. Others are converging on the t*nk still trying to get at Rick inside the t*nk.

THE END