01x03 - Tell it to the Frogs

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Walking Dead". Aired: October 2010 to present.*

Moderator: Maddie1691

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

The Walking Dead follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home in a world overrun by zombies.

01x03 - Tell it to the Frogs

Post by bunniefuu »

Roof

Thunder is rumbling. Merle is on the roof hallucinating.

Merle: That's right. You heard me, bitch. You got a problem? Bring it on if you're man enough, Or take it up the chain if you're a p*ssy. You heard me, you p*ssy-ass noncom bitch. You ain't deaf. Take it up the damn chain of command or you can kiss my lily-white ass. That's right. That's what I said. You heard me. And then this idiot, he takes a swing, You know, and well…

He laughs hysterically.

Merle: Oh, you should've seen the look on his face when I punched out his front teeth. Yeah, five of 'em. Pow! Pow! Just like that. Huh. Oh my god. 16 months in the stockade… Oh, that's what them teeth cost me. That was… That was hard time, but by god, it was worth every minute of it Just to see that prick spit his teeth out on the ground. Yes sir, worth every minute.

Merle continues to try and pull himself off of the pipe, but he is unable to get loose.

Merle: Oh no. No no! No no! No no! God! God! No no! God! Jesus! No no, merciful Christ! No no. No no. God, help me! God! God! Jesus, please! Jesus, please. Help me! Come on now!

Merle sees Walkers trying to get through the door. They are unable to break it because of the chain that T-Dog put on it.

Merle: Help me. No no. Oh, no no. Oh my god. Shh shh shh shh shh.

Merle starts crying.

Merle: No, Jesus. Jesus. No no no no no no. Please. I didn't behave, I know. I know I'm being punished. I know. I… Oh, I deserve it. I deserve it. I've been bad. Help me now. Show me the way. Go on, tell me what to do. Tell me. Tell me. God!

Merle rolls under the pipe and uses his belt to try. He gets the saw that is lying close to him.

Merle: That's okay. Never you mind, silly Christ boy. I ain't begged you before. I ain't gonna start begging now. I ain't gonna beg you now! Don't you worry about me! Begging you ever! I'll never beg you! I ain't gonna beg you! I never begged you before. Oh sh*t. No!

He continues to try and get the saw while the Walkers try to break through the door.

OPENING CREDITS

Truck

Morales: Best not to dwell on it. Merle got left behind. Nobody's gonna be sad he didn't come back… Except maybe Daryl.

Rick: Daryl?

Morales: His brother.

Behind them, the group hears Glenn in his car.

Glenn: Whoo-hoo!

Glenn speeds past them and continues to holler about how much fun he's having.

Morales: At least somebody's having a good day.

Camp

Jim hangs some cans around the perimeter so they can hear Walkers.

Girl: Give it back.

Boy: Stop it.

Girl: No!

Boy: I found it.

Girl: No!

Boy: Give it.

Woman: Mijo, leave your sister alone.

Boy: Why?

Woman: Come on.

Lori is giving Carl a haircut.

Lori: Baby, the more you fidget, the longer it takes. So don't, okay?

Carl: I'm trying.

Lori: Well, try harder.

Shane: If you think this is bad, wait till you start shaving. That stings. That day comes, you'll be wishing for one of your mama's haircuts.

Carl: I'll believe that when I see it.

Shane chuckles.

Shane: I'll tell you what… you just get through this with some manly dignity and tomorrow I'll teach you something special. I will teach you to catch frogs.

Carl: I've caught a frog before.

Shane: I said frogs… plural. And it is an art, my friend. It is not to be taken lightly. There are ways and means. Few people know about it. I'm willing to share my secrets.

Carl looks at Lori unsure of what to say.

Lori: Oh, I'm a girl. You talk to him.

Shane: it's a one-time offer, bud... not to be repeated.

Carl: Why do we need frogs, plural?

Shane: You ever eat frog legs?

Carl: Eww!

Shane: No, yum!

Lori: No, he's right. Eww.

Shane: When you get down to that last can of beans, you're gonna be loving those frog legs, lady. I can see it now… "Shane, do you think I could have a second helping, please? Please? Just one?"

Lori: yeah, I doubt that.

Shane chuckles.

Shane: Don't listen to her, man. You and me, we'll be heroes. We'll feed these folks cajun-style Kermit legs.

Lori: I would rather eat miss piggy. Yes, that came out wrong.

Shane laughs.

Shane: Heroes, son, spoken of in song and legend. You and me, Shane and Carl.

Carl and Shane laugh. The conversation is interrupted with the beeping of Glenn's car alarm.

Man: Hey, Dale, can you see what that is?

Shane: Talk to me, Dale!

Dale: I can't tell yet.

Amy: Is it them? Are they back?

Dale: I'll be damned.

Amy: What is it?

Dale: A stolen car is my guess.

Glenn pulls in and says hello.

Dale: Holy crap. Turn that damn thing off!

Glenn: I don't know how!

Shane: Pop the hood, please. Pop the damn hood, please.

Amy: My sister Andrea…

Shane: Pop the damn hood!

Glenn: What? Okay okay. Yeah yeah yeah. Yeah yeah!

Amy: Is she okay? Is she all right?

He pops the hood so Shane can disconnect the battery to turn the alarm off.

Glenn: She's okay! She's okay!

Amy: Is she coming back?

Glenn: Yes!

Amy: Why isn't she with you? Where is she? She's okay?

Glenn: Yes! Yeah, fine. Everybody is. Well, Merle not so much.

Shane: Are you crazy, driving this wailing bastard up here? Are you trying to draw every Walker for miles?

Dale: I think we're okay.

Shane: You call being stupid okay?

Dale: Well, the alarm was echoing all over these hills. Hard to pinpoint the source. I'm not arguing. I'm just saying. It wouldn't hurt youto think things through a little more carefully next time, would it?

Glenn: Sorry. Got a cool car.

The group sees the truck arrive.

Truck

Morales: Come meet everybody.

Survival Camp

Andrea gets out of the truck.

Andrea: Amy.

Amy: Andrea!

Andrea runs up to Amy and the two sisters hug.

Andrea: Oh!

Amy: Oh my god! You scared the sh*t out of me.

Morales gets out of the truck and his wife and children runs up to him.

Boy: Papi! Daddy!

Morales: Hey. Come here, sweetie. Hey. I told you I'd be back, didn't I?

Carl is still sad and we can see that he wishes that Rick would come back when the groups return. Shane looks at them.

Dale: You are a welcome sight.

Dale and Morales hug. Both laugh.

Dale: I thought we had lost you folks for sure.

Shane: How'd y'all get out of there anyway?

Glenn: New guy… he got us out.

Shane: New guy?

Morales: Yeah, crazy Vato just got into town. Hey, helicopter boy! Come say hello.

Rick gets out of the truck.

Morales: The guy's a cop like you.

Rick walks up and Shane is the first to see him. Carl and Lori then turn over and he sees Rick. Rick also sees Carl and Lori.

Rick: oh my god.

Carl and Lori run up to Rick.

Carl: Dad! Dad!

Rick takes Carl in his arms, crying.

Rick: Carl. Oh!

He kisses Carl on the cheek and approaches Lori. He hugs them both. Shane is surprised to see Rick, but isn't as happy as he should be. He feigns a smile as Lori looks at him. Rick smiles at him and Shane smiles back.

Survival Camp

Later that night, Rick is sitting down with the group around a fire camp.

Rick: Disoriented. I guess that comes closest. Disoriented. Fear, confusion… all those things but… Disoriented comes closest.

Dale: Words can be meager things. Sometimes they fall short.

Rick: I felt like I'd been ripped out of my life and put somewhere else. For a while I thought I was trapped in some coma dream, something I might not wake up from ever.

Carl: Mom said you d*ed.

Rick: She had every reason to believe that. Don't you ever doubt it.

Lori: When things started to get really bad, they told me at the hospital that they were gonna medevac you and the other patients to Atlanta, and it never happened.

Rick: Well, I'm not surprised after Atlanta fell.

Lori: Yeah.

Rick: And from the look of that hospital, it got overrun.

Shane: Yeah, looks don't deceive. I barely got them out, you know?

Rick: I can't tell you how grateful I am to you, Shane. I can't begin to express it.

Dale: There go those words falling short again. Paltry things.

Nearby, Ed puts another log on his fire.

Shane: Hey, Ed, you want to rethink that log?

Ed: It's cold, man.

Shane: The cold don't change the rules, does it? Keep our fires low, just embers so we can't be seen from a distance, right?

Ed: I said it's cold. You should mind your own business for once.

Shane gets up and walks over to Ed's fire.

Shane: Hey, Ed… Are you sure you want to have this conversation, man?

Ed: Go on. Pull the damn thing out. Go on!

Carol, his wife, pulls the log out of the fire. Their daughter, Sophia, watches as Carol pulls the log out.

Shane: Christ.

Shane stomps the flames out.

Shane: Hey, Carol, Sophia, how are y'all this evening?

Carol: Fine. We're just fine.

Shane: Okay.

Carol: I'm sorry about the fire.

Shane: No no no. No apology needed. Y'all have a good night, okay?

Carol: Thank you.

Shane: I appreciate the cooperation.

Shane rejoins the other group.

Dale: Have you given any thought to Daryl Dixon? He won't be happy to hear his brother was left behind.

T-Dog: I'll tell him. I dropped the key. It's on me.

Rick: I cuffed him. That makes it mine.

Glenn: Guys, it's not a competition. I don't mean to bring race into this, but it might sound better coming from a white guy.

T-Dog: I did what I did. Hell if I'm gonna hide from him.

Amy: We could lie.

Andrea: Or tell the truth. Merle was out of control. Something had to be done or he'd have gotten us k*lled. Your husband did what was necessary. And if Merle got left behind, it is nobody's fault but Merle's.

Dale: And that's what we tell Daryl? I don't see a rational discussion to be had from that, do you? Word to the wise… We're gonna have our hands full when he gets back from his hunt.

T-Dog: I was scared and I ran. I'm not ashamed of it.

Andrea: We were all scared. We all ran. What's your point?

T-Dog: I stopped long enough to chain that door. Staircase is narrow. Maybe half a dozen geeks can squeeze against it at any one time. It's not enough to break through that… Not that chain, not that padlock. My point… Dixon's alive and he's still up there, handcuffed on that roof. That's on us.

Tent

Rick: I found you, didn't I?

Carl: I love you, dad.

Rick: I love you, Carl.

Rick kisses Carl goodnight and then joins Lori on the other side of the tent. Rick kneels down and passionately kisses Lori. Rick then lies next to Lori.

Rick: I found you both.

Lori: Yeah.

Rick: I knew I would.

Lori: You're getting cocky now, a little bit.

Rick: No. No, I knew. Walking into our home, finding an empty house, both of you gone.

Lori: I'm so sorry.

Rick: I knew you were alive.

Lori: How?

Rick: The photos were gone, all our family albums.

Lori chuckles and grabs one of them.

Rick: I told you so.

Lori: Now you're getting cocky, huh? A lot.

They look at some photos from Carl's last birthday. Rick hands her the photo from his squad car.

Rick: It belongs in here.

Lori: Baby, I really thought I would never see you again. I'm so sorry… For everything. I feel like… When you were in the hospital, I just… I wanted to take it all back… The anger and the bad times. But the mistakes…

Rick kisses her.

Rick: Maybe we got a second chance. Not many people get that.

Rick and Lori continue to kiss. Rick notices his wedding ring on Lori's necklace

Rick: I wondered where that went.

Lori: Do you want it back?

Rick: Of course.

Lori takes it off and puts it back on Rick's ring finger. Rick and Lori start to get passionate and Lori turns out the lantern. Rick looks over at Carl sleeping.

Lori: He won't wake up.

The two proceed to make love.

Outside

Up on the RV, Shane is sitting alone and watches the Grimes' tent. He puts his hat on and seems very upset. Thunder is still rumbling.

Tent

The next morning, Rick wakes up and sees that Lori and Carl are not in the tent.

Outside

He walks out and sees that everything is fine.

Rick: Morning.

Man: Morning.

Rick: Hey.

Woman: Hi.

Carol: Morning.

Rick: Morning.

Carol: They're still a little damp. The sun'll have 'em dry in no time.

Rick: You washed my clothes?

Carol: Well, best we could. Scrubbing on a washboard ain't half as good as my old maytag back home.

Rick: That's very kind. Thank you.

Rick approaches Glenn who is visibly upset that Dale has torn apart some of the spare parts on the car that he brought in.

Glenn: Look at 'em. Vultures. Yeah, go on, strip it clean.

Dale: Generators need every drop of fuel they can get. Got no power without it. Sorry, Glenn.

Glenn: Thought I'd get to drive it at least a few more days.

Rick: Maybe we'll get to steal another one someday.

Rick finally finds Lori.

Lori: Morning, officer.

Rick: Hey.

Lori: You sleep okay?

Rick: Better than in a long time.

Lori: Well, I didn't want to wake you. I figured you could use it. God. What?

Rick: I've been thinking about the man we left behind.

Lori: You're not serious.

Shane drives back to the camp with water.

Shane: Water's here, y'all. Just a reminder to boil before use.

Lori: Are you asking me or telling me?

Rick: Asking.

Lori: Well, I think it's crazy. I think it is just the stupidest way to break your son…

Suddenly, the group hears screaming.

Carl: Mom!

Lori: Carl?

Everyone starts to race down to the screaming.

Man: It's over there!

Carl: Dad!

Lori: Baby!

Girl: Mama! Mommy!

Glenn: Rick!

Lori: Carl!

Rick grabs a pole and runs down to the site.

Man: Over here, boy! Come on, come on!

Lori: Carl! Baby!

Carl: Mom!

Rick: You're okay?

Lori: I've got him. I've got him.

Lori: Nothing bit you? Nothing scratched you?

Carl: No, I'm okay.

The group comes upon a Walker that is busy eating the carcass of a deer. Andrea and Amy come up and notice how disgusting it is. When the Walker sees them, it starts to turn on them. Rick, Shane, Glenn, Jim, and Morales start to b*at on it with their objects. Dale finishes it off by chopping its head off with an axe. Dale is shocked.

Dale: It's the first one we've had up here. They never come this far up the mountain.

Jim: Well, they're running out of food in the city, that's what.

They hear branch snapping and footsteps. Daryl Dixon comes out of the forest and seems very upset that the Walker.

Dale: Oh, Jesus.

Daryl: Son of a bitch. That's my deer! Look at it. All gnawed on by this… filthy, disease-bearing, motherless poxy bastard!

He kicks the carcass of the Walker

Dale: Calm down, son. That's not helping.

Daryl: What do you know about it, old man? Why don't you take that stupid hat and go back to "on golden pond"? I've been tracking this deer for miles. Gonna drag it back to camp, cook us up some venison. What do you think? Do you think we can cut around this chewed up part right here?

Shane: I would not risk that.

Daryl sighs.

Daryl: That's a damn shame. I got some squirrel… about a dozen or so. That'll have to do.

Suddenly, the head of the Walker starts to move its teeth.

Amy: Oh god.

Daryl: Come on, people. What the hell?

Daryl sh**t it with one of his arrows.

Daryl: It's gotta be the brain. Don't y'all know nothing?
Survival Camp

The group comes back at camp.

Daryl: Merle! Merle! Get your ugly ass out here! I got us some squirrel! Let's stew 'em up.

Shane: Daryl, just slow up a bit. I need to talk to you.

Daryl: About what?

Shane: About Merle. There was a… There was a problem in Atlanta.

Daryl: He dead?

Shane: We're not sure.

Daryl: He either is or he ain't!

Rick: No easy way to say this, so I'll just say it.

Daryl: Who are you?

Rick: Rick grimes.

Daryl: Rick grimes, you got something you want to tell me?

Rick: Your brother was a danger to us all, so I handcuffed him on a roof, hooked him to a piece of metal. He's still there.

Daryl: Hold on. Let me process this. You're saying you handcuffed my brother to a roof and you left him there?!

Rick: Yeah.

Daryl goes to att*ck him, but Rick shoves him off.

T-Dog: Hey! Watch the Kn*fe!

Daryl pulls his Kn*fe out, but Shane is able to come up behind him and put him in a chokehold.

Shane: Okay. Okay.

Daryl: You'd best let me go!

Shane: Nah, I think it's better if I don't.

Daryl: Choke hold's illegal.

Shane: You can file a complaint. Come on, man. We'll keep this up all day.

Rick: I'd like to have a calm discussion on this topic. Do you think we can manage that? Do you think we can manage that?

Shane: Hmm?

Daryl: Mmm. Yeah.

Shane lets him go.

Rick: What I did was not on a whim. Your brother does not work and play well with others.

T-Dog: It's not Rick's fault. I had the key. I dropped it.

Daryl: You couldn't pick it up?

T-Dog: Well, I dropped it in a drain.

Daryl: If it's supposed to make me feel better, it don't.

T-Dog: Well, maybe this will. Look, I chained the door to the roof… So the geeks couldn't get at him… With a padlock. It's gotta count for something.

Daryl: Hell with all y'all! Just tell me where he is so that I can go get him.

Lori: He'll show you. Isn't that right?

Rick: I'm going back.

Lori walks into the RV.

Survival Camp

Later, Rick gets his police uniform on. He walks past Shane.

Shane: So that's it, huh? You're just gonna walk off? Just to hell with everybody else?

Rick: I'm not saying to hell with anybody… Not yo Shane…

Shane: Lori least of all. Tell her that.

Rick: She knows.

Shane: Well, look, I… I don't, okay, Rick? So could you just… Could you throw me a bone here, man? Could you just tell me why? Why would you risk your life for a douche bag like Merle Dixon?

Daryl: Hey, choose your words more carefully.

Shane: No, I did. Douche bag's what I meant. Merle Dixon…The guy wouldn't give you a glass of water if you were dying of thirst.

Rick: What he would or wouldn't do doesn't interest me. I can't let a man die of thirst… me. Thirst and exposure. We left him like an animal caught in a trap. That's no way for anything to die, let alone a human being.

Lori: So you and Daryl, that's your big plan?

Glenn: Oh, come on.

Rick turns to Glenn and Glenn is upset.

Rick: You know the way. You've been there before… In and out, no problem. You said so yourself. It's not fair of me to ask… I know that, but I'd feel a lot better with you along. I know she would too.

Shane: That's just great. Now you're gonna risk three men, huh?

T-Dog: Four.

Daryl huffs.

Daryl: My day just gets better and better, don't it?

T-Dog: You see anybody else here stepping up to save your brother's cr*cker ass?

Daryl: Why you?

T-Dog: You wouldn't even begin to understand. You don't speak my language.

Dale: That's four.

Shane: It's not just four. You're putting every single one of us at risk. Just know that, Rick. Come on, you saw that Walker. It was here. It was in camp. They're moving out of the cities. They come back, we need every able body we've got. We need 'em here. We need 'em to protect camp.

Rick: It seems to me what you really need most here are more g*ns.

Glenn: Right, the g*ns.

Shane: Wait. What g*ns?

Rick: Six shotguns, two high-powered r*fles, over a dozen handguns. I cleaned out the cage back at the station before I left. I dropped the bag in Atlanta when I got swarmed. It's just sitting there on the street, waiting to be picked up.

Shane: a*mo?

Rick: 700 rounds, assorted.

Lori: You went through hell to find us. You just got here and you're gonna turn around and leave?

Carl: Dad, I don't want you to go.

Lori: To hell with the g*ns. Shane is right. Merle Dixon? He's not worth one of your lives, even with g*ns thrown in. Tell me. Make me understand.

Rick: I owe a debt to a man I met and his little boy. Lori, if they hadn't taken me in, I'd have d*ed. It's because of them that I made it back to you at all. They said they'd follow me to Atlanta. They'll walk into the same trap I did if I don't warn him.

Lori: What's stopping you?

Rick: The walkie-talkie, the one in the bag I dropped. He's got the other one. Our plan was to connect when they got closer.

Shane: These are our walkies?

Rick: Yeah.

Andrea: So use the CB. What's wrong with that?

Shane: The CB's fine. It's the walkies that suck to crap… Date back to the '70s, don't match any other bandwidth… Not even the scanners in our cars.

Rick: I need that bag. Okay?

Lori: All right.

Rick approaches Carl.

Rick: Okay?

Carl nods yes.

Survival Camp

Later, Rick and T-Dog approach Dale and Jim.

Rick: Rumor is you have bolt cutters.

Dale: Maybe.

T-Dog: Yeah, we get to that roof, though, we'll need to cut that chain and the handcuffs.

Dale: I never like lending tools. The last time I did… And yes, I am talking about you… Let's just say your bag of g*ns wasn't the only bag that was dropped. My tools got left behind with Merle.

Rick: We'll bring your tools back too. Think of the bolt cutters as an investment.

Dale: Sounds like more of a gamble.

Dale gives it to him.

Dale: What do I get in return?

Rick: What do you want?

Dale: How about one of those g*ns you bring back? My pick.

Rick: Done.

Jim: Dale, let's… Sweeten the deal a bit. Now that cube van of yours…

Rick: What about it?

Jim: The RV's radiator hose is sh*t. That's a problem if we need to get somewhere and wanna get very far. And the hose on that van is just about a perfect match… Well, enough that I can make it fit.

Rick: I'll tell you what… we get back, you can strip that van down to the bare metal.

Daryl beeps on the horn.

Daryl: Come on, let's go!

Rick: Thank you.

Shane stops Rick.

Shane: Hey, Rick, got any rounds in the python?

Rick: No.

Shane: Last time we were on the g*n range, I'm sure I wound up with a few loose rounds of yours.

Rick: You and that bag… like the bottom of an old lady's purse.

Shane: I hate that you're doing this, man. I think that it's foolish and reckless. But if you're gonna go, you're taking b*ll*ts.

Rick: I'm not sure I'd want to fire a sh*t in the city, not after what happened last time.

Shane: That's up to you. Well… Four men, four rounds. What are the odds, huh? Well, let's just hope that… Let's just hope four is your lucky number, okay?

Rick: Thank you.

Shane: All right.

Rick gets in the truck and they take off.

Tent

Carl is lying down in the tent after Rick leaves. Lori comes to see him

Lori: Hey. You know, I bet they'll be just fine.

Carl: I'm not worried. Are you?

Lori: Yeah, a little.

Carl: Don't be.

Lori: Why?

Carl: Think about it, mom. Everything that's happened to him so far… Nothing's k*lled him yet.

Lori chuckles and notes that Carl is right.

Atlanta

The truck arrives outside the city limits.

Daryl: He'd better be okay.

T-Dog: It's my only word on the matter. I told you the geeks can't get at him. The only thing that's gonna get through that door is us.

Glenn stops the truck.

Glenn: We walk from here.

They get out and start walking along the railroad tracks.

Survival Camp

Lori: Dale. Have you seen Carl?

Dale: Shane took him down to the quarry. There was some mighty bold talk about catching frogs.

Quarry

Carl: I'm not getting anything.

Shane: Yeah. Being all wily, staying submerged. Little suckers, they know something's up. That's what's going on. Just going to have to do this the old-fashioned way. All right, little man, look. You are the… you are the key in all this, okay? All I'm gonna do is I'm gonna go after one of them, all right, scare the rest of them off. They're all gonna scatter. I'm gonna drive 'em your way, okay?

Carl: All right.

Shane: What you need to do is you need to round up every bad boy you see, all right? Are you with me?

Carl: Yeah. Yeah.

Shane: Hells yeah. Give me your mean face. Yes sir. Are you ready?

Carl: Yeah!

Shane: Are you ready? Here we go, boy. Here we go.

Carl laughs as Shane splashes around in the water.

Shane: All right, they're coming your way. They're coming your way. Go on, get 'em, get 'em. They're coming your way, come on. Catch them frogs. Catch them frogs. They're coming, little man! Get 'em! Get that net in there and get 'em!

Nearby, Carol, Jacqui, Andrea, and Amy are doing the laundry.

Jacqui: I'm beginning to question the division of labor here.

Andrea agrees.

Shane: They're coming, little man! Get 'em! Get that net in there and get 'em! What have you got, bad boy? What do you got? What do you got?

Carl: Dirt.

Shane: Oh boy. All right, we've got to start over. Come on, let's find this bucket.

Jacqui: Can someone explain to me how the women wound up doing all the Hattie McDaniel work?

Amy: The world ended. Didn't you get the memo?

Ed watches the women washing the laundry from his vehicle.

Carol: It's just the way it is.

Atlanta

The men cut through a fence.

Rick: Merle first or g*ns?

Daryl: Merle! We ain't even having this conversation.

Rick: We are. You know the geography. It's your call.

Glenn: Merle's closest. The g*ns would mean doubling back. Merle first.

Quarry

Carol: I do miss my Maytag.

Andrea: I miss my Benz, my sat nav.

Jacqui: I miss my coffeemaker with that dual-drip filter and built-in grinder, honey.

Amy: My computer… And texting.

Andrea: I miss my vibrator.

The women start to laugh.

Jacqui: Oh!

Amy: Oh my God!

Carol: Me too.

The girls continue to laugh. Ed notices them.

Ed: What's so funny?

Andrea: Just swapping w*r stories, Ed.

Amy: Yeah.

Ed comes up to them.

Andrea: Problem, Ed?

Ed: Nothin' that concerns you. And you ought to focus on your work. This ain't no comedy club.

Quarry

Lori comes down to the quarry.

Lori: Hey, Carl, what did I tell you about not leaving Dale's sight?

Carl: But Shane said we could catch frogs, remember?

Lori: It doesn't matter what Shane says. It matters what I say. Go on back to camp. I'll be right behind you.

Carl heads back up to the RV.

Shane: I've got to tell you, I do not think you should be taking this out on him.

Lori: You don't tell me what to do. You lost that privilege.

Shane: Lori, could you just wait up a sec? I think we should talk. We haven't had a chance…

Lori: No. No no. That's over too. You can tell that to the frogs.

Shane: Damn it, Lori. Look, I don't know how it appears to you or what you think…

Lori: How it appears to me? I'm sorry. Is there a gray area here? Let me dispel it. You stay away from me. You stay away from my son. You don't look at him. You don't talk to him. From now on, my family is off-limits to you.

Shane: Lori, I don't think that's fair.

Lori: Shane, shut up. Don't!

Shane: I don't think that…

Lori: My husband is back. He is alive.

Shane: He's my best friend. Do you think I'm not happy about that?

Lori: How dare you? Why would you be? You are the one that told me that he d*ed. You son of a bitch.

She storms away in anger. Shane is very upset.

Atlanta

In the building, the group finds a Walker in the department store.

Daryl: Damn. You are one ugly skank.

Daryl takes his crossbow and sh**t it through the head. He pulls the arrow out.

Quarry

Shane watches as Lori and Carl leave. The woman are still doing the laundry as Ed watches them.

Andrea: Ed, tell you what… you don't like how your laundry is done, you are welcome to pitch in and do it yourself. Here.

She tosses a shirt at him and Ed throws it right back.

Andrea: Oh!

Ed: Ain't my job, missy.

Carol: Andrea, don't.

Andrea: What is your job, Ed? Sitting on your ass smoking cigarettes?

Ed: Well, it sure as hell ain't listening to some uppity smart-mouthed bitch. Tell you what… come on. Let's go.

Andrea: I don't think she needs to go anywhere with you, Ed.

Ed: And I say it's none of your business. Come on now. You heard me.

Andrea: Carol.

Carol: Andrea, please. It doesn't matter.

Ed: Hey, don't think I won't knock you on your ass just 'cause you're some college-educated cooze, All right? Now you come on now or you gonna regret it later.

Jacqui: So she can show up with fresh bruises later, Ed? Yeah, we've seen them.

Ed laughs and Shane notices all of this.

Ed: Stay out of this. Now come on! You know what? This ain't none of y'all's business. You don't want to keep prodding the bull here, okay? Now I am done talking. Come on.

Andrea: No no.

Amy: Carol, you don't…

Andrea: Carol, you don't have…

Ed: You don't tell me what! I tell you what!

Ed slaps Carol.

Ed: You think you can…

The girls start to protect Carol and they grab onto Ed. Ed is too big and none of them can prevent Ed from continuing to grab at Carol.

Women: Get off her!

Ed: Come here! Come here!

Women: Get off her! Get off her! Get off her!

Shane walks in and grabs Ed.

Ed: Get off me!

Ed demands that Shane get off of him.

Carol: Ed?

Shane throws Ed to the ground

Amy: It's okay. It's okay.

Ed: No!

Andrea: It's okay.

Ed: No!

Shane pummels his face multiple times. Ed's face gets bloody as Shane continues to punch him. The girls watch in horror as Shane mutilates Ed's face.

Andrea: Shane, stop! Just stop!

Women: Stop it! Stop!

Shane grabs Ed.

Shane: You put your hands on your wife, your little girl or anybody else in this camp one more time, I will not stop next time. Do you hear me? Do you hear me?!

Ed: Yes.

Shane: I'll b*at you to death, Ed.

Carol: Ed!

Shane: I'll b*at you to death.

Shane hits him one more time and then kicks him in the stomach.

Carol: Oh God! No. God!

Carol bursts out in tears and kneels over him.

Carol: Ed, I'm sorry. Oh my God. Ed, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Ed. Ed, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Ed.

The other girls don't know how to react as Shane makes his way back to camp.

Atlanta

The boys reach the roof. They cut through the padlock and enter the roof.

Daryl: Merle! Merle!

Daryl sees something and starts to sob.

Daryl: No! No!

They stay there silent watching a saw on the ground.

Daryl: No!

The handcuff is empty and there's Merle's hand lying on the ground.

Daryl: No! No!

THE END