05x17 - Rescue Me

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

05x17 - Rescue Me

Post by bunniefuu »

[Atlanta Metro Hospital]

(Stefan’s doppelganger enters with a patient)

Doppelganger: What's your name, huh? My name's Tom. You're gonna be all right

[Train Tracks]

(Sloan is still casting the spell on Stefan)

Sloan: His name is Tom Avery. I heard that much

[Atlanta Metro Hospital]

Tom: Pneumothorax. I need a 10-guage needle now

Doctor: We'll take it from here

Tom: If you don't do it now, she's not gonna make it to the operating table

[Train Tracks]

Sloan: Come on, Stefan. I need your help with the link. Tell me what you see. Tell me where to find your doppelganger

[Atlanta Metro Hospital]

Doctor: You're a piece of work, Avery. They must have broke the mold when they made you

[Train Tracks]

Stefan: Atlanta Metropolitan Hospital

Sloan: Good. Now your friends can go k*ll him

[Salvatore’s House]

(Elena and Damon are in bed. She wakes up)

Damon: Morning, sunshine

Elena: Oh. Um... Did I wake you?

Damon: No. I've been up for 3 hours

Elena: Really? Because you didn't say a word

Damon: Neither did you

Elena: Well… ahem… that's because I didn't really have much to say.Nothing's changed. We're still bad for each other, and we are still broken up. Last night was a mistake

Damon: Maybe we should keep making mistakes. Big ones

Elena: Seriously, Damon, put some clothes on or at least get out of my way. I need to go

Damon: Your loss. I make one hell of a naked breakfast

[A Dinner in Atlanta]

(Caroline and Enzo are sitting at a table. His phone rings. He answers)

Enzo: Atlanta assassination squad. How may we be of service?

Sloan: I take it you haven't located the doppelganger yet

Enzo: You told us to find a nameless paramedic at the scene of a car accident in a city full of freeways, fried green tomatoes, and terrible drivers. It's not exactly as easy as it sounds

Sloan: Which is why I'm calling. The doppelganger's name is Tom Avery, and I just saw him deliver a patient to Atlanta Metro Hospital

Caroline: She saw him? She did the vision thing again? We had a deal. I find Stefan's last living doppelganger…

Sloan: Tom

Caroline: Tom. I take care of Tom, and in return, you stop using Stefan to psychically doppelbomb him because every time you link the two, you are frying Stefan's brain

Sloan: I don't give a damn about his brain. It's his blood that matters, and until Stefan and Elena are the last two doppelgangers on earth, their blood is useless to me, so you better believe that I will give Stefan a back-alley lobotomy if you fail to k*ll Tom Avery

Caroline: Well, I don't fail at things, so do it again and I'll k*ll you, too

(They hang up)

Enzo: "I'll k*ll you, too." You're like a perky blond angel of death. Almost had me convinced

[Mystic Grill]

(Damon is at the bar with Matt and Tyler)

Tyler: Breakfast of champions

Matt: Let me guess. This is about Elena

Damon: You know, that is so incredibly insightful, Donovan. You are really street smart from working behind that bar for… what is it… 3 years now?

Tyler: At least he's not looking for answers at the bottom of a glass

Damon: Tyler Lockwood's now a life coach despite running his own life into the ground. Perfect

Matt: If you wanted advice, why didn't you just talk to Stefan?

Damon: Because it's difficult to explain to your brother that you just broke up with the former love of his life and then broke the bed

Tyler: Who TMI

Damon: Besides, I've got you two idiots, Mystic Falls' amateur therapists

Matt: I'm only listening to you because I'm getting paid

Damon: Less and less by the second. Anyway, Stefan's not an option. He's off doing some research project with Caroline. Don't worry, wolf boy. I'm sure they're just friends

(Liv rejoins them and looks at Matt)

Liv: Bottle of gin, and let me see you break the seal. What can I say? I got issues

Damon: Whoa! Pull up a chair, girl. Tell the professionals your problems. Just talk slow and use small words

Liv: Thanks, but never, ever. Bye

(She leaves)

Damon: Well boys, I hate to cut the session short but unlike you, I have other places to be today. Don't worry. I will be back because I have some deep, dark childhood trauma that I'm just itching to talk about

(He leaves)

[Mystic Falls’ High School]

(Elena is waiting in line for the parent-teacher conference)

Guidance Counselor: As the guidance counselor, you'll first meet with me individually, and then you'll have an open house with your child's teachers

(While she’s waiting, Elena calls Bonnie)

Elena: Hey, Bon

Bonnie: Hey. I got your text.What's the friend emergency?

Elena: Damon and I broke up.It's final

Bonnie: Oh, my God. When did it happen?

Elena: Last night

Bonnie: But you didn't come home last night

Elena: Uh, that's because I slept with him

Bonnie: Oh

Elena: Post breakup

Bonnie: Ohh

Elena: Was that irresponsible?

Bonnie: Probably. Does Jeremy know that you and Damon definitely maybe broke up?

Elena: No. He wasn't at the house last night thankfully

Bonnie: Well, that's weird. I mean, he didn't mention anything to me. If he wasn't at home, where was he?

Elena: I don't know. That doesn't really help with the whole irresponsible thing, does it? Bonnie?

Bonnie: Sorry. Katherine's cute BFF just showed up

Elena: I think his name is Luke

Bonnie: I have an idea. Since you and Damon are officially over...

Elena: Nice try, but, um, I'm pretty sure Damon is more of his type

Bonnie: They'd be cute, too

Elena: Ha! Oh, look, Bonnie. I have to go. Thanks for listening

(She hangs up and sits down)

Elena: Hey, Mrs. Douglas

Mrs. Douglas: Elena, it's good to see you

Elena: You, too

Mrs. Douglas: Although you're not on the list as Jeremy's primary contact

Elena: Then who is?

Damon: Damon Salvatore. Present. Pardon me

[Atlanta Metro Hospital]

(Caroline is at the reception)

Caroline: Thanks

(She rejoins Enzo)

Caroline: So the receptionist doesn't know Tom personally, but I compelled her to call someone who does

Enzo: Ok. I give up. I can't tell if you're avoiding the mission or me

Caroline: Well, why can't it be both?

Enzo: Because I've earned some company after hand-delivering the antidote that kept Damon and Elena from consuming each other literally

Caroline: That doesn't mean I trust you. I still don't understand why you're even here

Enzo: Damon's trying to be a good boy these days, which means I'm in need of a new m*rder buddy. I'm joking. I joke. British humor. Ah. Modern women, all bosoms, no mystery, present company excluded

Caroline: Dear God! Please don't tell me that I'm the real reason that you're here

Enzo: Why not? From what Damon tells me, I am your type… well-traveled, charming accent, dodgy morals

Caroline: Arrogant, tactless, completely unable to take a hint

Enzo: Precisely. I have to be honest, you remind me of someone I once knew. She worked for the Augustine’s

Caroline: Which means she tortured you. I can definitely relate to that

Enzo: Maggie was only there to observe my behavior in captivity. I quite liked her actually

Caroline: Let me guess. She made you want to be a better man

Enzo: Not at all. She just reminded me that I was good all along

(A doctor rejoins them)

Doctor: You were asking about Tom Avery?

Caroline: Yes. We need to see him as soon as possible. It's, uh… it's a matter of life and death

Doctor: I wish I could help. Tom Avery was a pain in my ass, but he was also the best paramedic I ever met

Enzo: What do you mean "was"?

Doctor: He disappeared 4 months ago

[A Scrap Yard]

(Sloan is with Stefan)

Stefan: We moved. Why?

Sloan: They don't call us Travelers for our mileage points

Stefan: I know this place. We're right outside of Mystic Falls

Sloan: Believe me, I'd rather be at the beach right now, but this is where we're supposed to meet our fearless leader

Stefan: Markos, right? You said he wants our blood. Why?

(His phone rings. She answers)

Sloan: I hope you're calling to tell me the doppelganger's dead

Caroline: Your stupid doppelvisions gave us bad information. Put Stefan on the phone

Stefan: Caroline, what happened?

Caroline: Tom has been missing from the hospital for months. Is there any other things that you noticed in your visions, any small details that could maybe help us out?

Stefan: No. I… I can't remember anything. After the spell happened, it's like I blacked out

Sloan: The link connects us to the doppelganger's mind. If we're seeing old memories, that means we have to go deeper

Caroline: No, no, no. If he's blacking out, that means that the link is destroying his memories. Stefan? Stefan. Stefan, are you still with me? Stefan, I'm still here.Listen to my voice. Can you hear me? I'm right here, ok? Just hold on

Stefan’s Vision

[A Parking Lot]

(A woman approaches Tom)

Woman: Excuse me? Hi. Are you Tom Avery?

Tom: The one and only.What can I do for you, miss, uh…

Woman: Hazel, and you already did it actually. It's my friend Trish.The doctor said you saved her life last night.

Tom: Eh, I was just doing my job

Hazel: Can I buy you dinner to thank you, I mean? Oh, God. I am so bad at this

Tom: How's 7:00?

Hazel: Perfect. You can pick me up at 6643 Peachtree Drive, hopefully not in an ambulance

Present Time

[A Scrap Yard]

(Sloan is still performing the spell on Stefan)

Caroline: Can you hear me? Just say something, please

Stefan: Caroline, I'm here. 6643 Peachtree Drive. It was a red-haired woman, and her name's Hazel

Caroline: Ok. Thank you. I won't let you down

Stefan: Caroline, he's a good person. Don't do it

Sloan: Clock's ticking

(Damon and Elena are waiting in a classroom, alone)

Damon: Clock's busted. What am I paying my PTA dues for? I am gonna file a complaint

Elena: Is that why you're here?

Damon: You left me in charge of Jeremy when you went off to Whitmore. I've had this on my calendar for months

Elena: Really? So no other reason?

Damon: Why? Is there something else you want to talk about? Oh, come on. Don't pretend like you're not still tingly from this morning

Elena: Can we just focus on Jeremy, please?

Damon: Right. Ok. Well, speaking of hypotheticals, if Jeremy was running around with another girl, would you want to know about it?

Elena: What are you talking about? What girl?

Damon: Bonnie's little witch trainee Liv. I saw her and Jeremy sharing a top-shelf bottle of inhibition k*ller at the grill this morning

Elena: Jeremy wouldn't do that to Bonnie

Damon: Again. Need I remind you, he once had an affair with a ghost? And the only thing that was missing was a sappy love song and a pottery wheel

Elena: He learned his lesson. Jeremy's not a cheater

(The guidance counselor enters)

Mrs. Douglas: Ok. Sorry to keep you waiting. Bad news first.Jeremy's missed 11 days of school. He started 3 fights, and he's been caught cheating in math class twice

Damon: Cheating? That's so not like him.Go on, please

Mrs. Douglas: I'm sorry. You are Elena's…

Damon: Ex-boyfriend…ex, right?

Elena: Can we not talk about this right now?

Mrs. Douglas: Actually, it's relevant. Most problems in school are rooted in problems at home. Jeremy's in desperate need of a stable living situation. People who care about giving him that more than their own needs…

Damon: I think he's in desperate need of a less judgy counselor

Elena: We do care, we really do. We'll... We'll do better

Mrs. Douglas: I hope so for Jeremy's sake

[A House]

(Caroline and Enzo arrive at a house)

Enzo: It's a miracle we found the place. Every other street in this blasted city is Peachtree

Caroline: These look old. Like, 4 months old

Enzo: 70 years in a cage, think I'd have learned to pick a lock by now

Caroline: Red hair. That's her. She's a witch. And she must own the house

Enzo: Not for long

Caroline: Why did you do that? She was our only lead

Enzo: Exactly, and I am a murderous vampire. Surprise!

[Whitmore College]

(Luke keeps looking at Bonnie and she notices)

Bonnie: Hey. Hey. Can I help you?

Luke: Oh. Huh?

Bonnie: You just keep looking over there. I thought maybe you wanted to say something

Luke: Oh, no. No. I'm just studying unless you're an expert in wave mechanics

Bonnie: Mmm. Science isn't really my thing

(Hazel appears)

Hazel: You're the anchor. If I'm here, that means I'm dead. Tell him I failed. Tell him I was trying to hide the doppelganger with magic, but they found us

Bonnie: What are you talking about? Who are you?

Hazel: Hazel. He'll know the rest

(She passes through Bonnie)

Luke: Oh. Hey, hey, hey. Are you ok?

Bonnie: She said she knew you. How did she know you?

Luke: Who?

Bonnie: Someone named Hazel. She had a message for you

[Mystic Grill]

(Jeremy is still with Liv)

Jeremy: What the hell is a silencing spell?

Liv: Just a little bit of magic. It keeps nosey hybrid types from snooping

(Tyler and Matt are at the bar)

Tyler: So what's up with those two?

Matt: Cliff notes… Liv goes to Whitmore, she's a new witch,and Bonnie's teaching her magic

Tyler: You left out the part about her being hot. Like, weird hot

Matt: You're the one with, you know, vamp ears. What are they talking about?

Tyler: I have no idea. I can't hear anything

Liv: You're here because you're a hunter. That means that you can't be mind-controlled by Travelers. That officially makes you the only person in this room that I can trust

Jeremy: Ok. So trust me. Tell me what's going on

Liv: There's a rumor going around in witch circles. The Travelers are up to something big

Jeremy: I thought Travelers were witches

Liv: Not quite. They're more like the ugly stepsister. Travelers have a grudge against anyone that draws their magic from nature, something about witches cursing the land to turn it against them. Now they're on the move. Next stop… here

Jeremy: Mystic Falls? Why?

Liv: Your sister. Turns out Elena's friends are right. The world actually does revolve around her, so if you want to keep her safe, you're gonna have to help me figure out what the Travelers are up to

Jeremy: Is everything ok?

Liv: It will be

Jeremy: Wait. You lay all this on me, and now you're just leaving?

Liv: You were plan A. Plans change

(Tyler rejoins them)

Tyler: It's rude to leave Jeremy hanging, even for a newbie witch

Liv: Motus! Not a newbie witch, FYI

(Elena and Damon are in the hallways)

Elena: Just because Jeremy's a bad student doesn't meant that he's cheating on Bonnie

Damon: You're making excuses for someone you love. That's what you do. The worst the behavior, the more you try and defend

Elena: And you keep trying to make this about us

Damon: Yeah, because you keep trying to make it about anything else

Elena: You know what? Fine. But don't pretend that you came here for Jeremy. If you want to talk about last night, talk

Damon: Here's the thing, Elena. I don't know what to say or do or think. All I know is that right now I want to rip your clothes off right here in the middle of this hall and throw you in one of these classrooms and kiss every square inch of your body while a bunch of people that drive minivans listen, wishing they were us. That's probably a bad idea, right?

Elena: Right

Damon: Right

Elena: See you in class

[A House]

Enzo: She was in a bloody trance, unable to answer questions. I don't see why you're mad. I'm only doing what's necessary to save your friend because you won't

Caroline: You don't think that I'm up for this?

Enzo: This being the cold-blooded m*rder of an innocent man? You can hardly say the word. How do you expect to actually do it?

Caroline: I'm sorry. Is this all supposed to be easy? You barely know me, so let me reintroduce myself. Hi. My name is Caroline Forbes, and I am a good vampire, and I don't just go around k*lling people

Enzo: You've got me all wrong, Caroline Forbes. I'm not judging you. I'm preparing you. I've seen soldiers, men trained to k*ll, look their enemy in the eye and freeze up on the b*ttlefield, a hesitation that usually cost them their lives

Caroline: Well, last time I checked, this isn't w*r, and I'm not a soldier, but Stefan is one of the best people that I know, and when it comes to saving his life, yes, I will do just about anything… What's that sound?

Enzo: The tell-tale heart

(They enter the basement and find Tom)

Enzo: Why would a witch go to such lengths to keep a man alive and off the grid for 4 months?

Caroline: 4 months ago, Silas d*ed, the original Stefan-ganger

Enzo: He's a dead ringer all right, or rather, soon to be dead

Caroline: Tom? Tom? Tom Avery?

Enzo: Caroline, let me do this. Just walk away now, go upstairs…

Caroline: No, no. I'm the one who made the deal. This is on me no matter what

Enzo: Or maybe you just can't stand the thought of putting Stefan's life in anyone's hands but your own

(Tom wakes up)

Tom: What's happening? Who are you people?

Enzo: We're angels, mate, come to deliver you to the sweet hereafter

Caroline: Calm down. You can trust me

Enzo: Bonding with him will only make it harder on you

Caroline: Let me do this my way. I'm your friend, and you mean the world to me. Do you trust me?

Tom: Of course

Caroline: Good. Now I promise, you won't feel a thing

Tom: What's going on?

Caroline: I'm getting you out of here

[Whitmore College]

(Bonnie and Luke enter her dorm)

Bonnie: So you're Liv's twin brother and a witch? Anything else I should know?

Luke: Look. Please don't be mad at Liv, ok? My family's kind of messed up

Bonnie: I'm not mad. I'm creeped out. Why have you been watching me all day? We're not done

(She answers her phone)

Bonnie: Hey Jer

Jeremy: Is Elena with you? I think she's in trouble

Bonnie: No. She's at your school today, remember?What's going on?

Jeremy: Liv is up to something. She said Elena is important to the Travelers

Bonnie: Liv? Since when do you two talk?

Jeremy: Look. I'll tell you everything later, but I got to go find Elena

(Elena and Damon are alone in a classroom, once again)

Damon: Lucky us. First ones here

Elena: Shut up

Damon: You ok?

Elena: Shh. I said no talking

(She was actually day dreaming. She’s in a classroom with Damon and other parents. A teacher is talking to them)

Damon: Elena. Elena. Hey, Elena. Elena. Elena. Earth to Elena

Teacher: I tell my students chemistry is about attraction and reaction. Sometimes, it's beautiful

Damon: Hey. You're missing an incredibly boring presentation

Elena: I need some air

Teacher: It's the more destructive reactions that your students are the most interested in, and that's the meaning of applied science

(Elena is alone, taking the air she needed. Liv rejoins her)

Liv: Elena Gilbert. Just the girl I'm looking for

Elena: Liv? Hey. What are you doing here? Is this about Jeremy?

Liv: No. This is about you.Sorry about this. My coven did everything in its power to protect you, but you're just too dangerous now

Elena: I don't know what you're talking about

Liv: And you never will

(Damon intervenes and knocks her out)

Elena: Oh god

Damon: Little tip. If you're gonna show up to k*ll someone, don't waste time feeling bad about it

[A Dinner]

(Tom is with Caroline)

Tom: You know, Hazel seemed nice, so, you know; I figured why not have dinner? So I showered, I picked her up, and that was it. That was the last thing I remember for 4 months

Caroline: She kidnapped you that night, locked you up ever since and hid you away from anyone that knew magic

Tom: Oh. Like you said, she was a real witch

Caroline: Yeah

Tom: I don't know why I'm telling you my whole life story

Caroline: It's because I compelled you to and to stay calm and to not worry

Tom: Hmm. Why do you want to know so much about me?

Caroline: I just want to make sure that you're a good guy, no skeletons in the closet, that sort of thing

Tom: And?

Caroline: And… You are just about one of the nicest people I have ever met

Tom: Well, likewise because I do remember you saving my life, so if there's anything that I can do to repay you, let me know

Caroline: Uh, what I need from you isn't something I can take

Tom: I don't understand

Caroline: Well, you don't have to. You just remind me of someone who's really important to me

Tom: Well, he's one hell of a lucky guy

Caroline: Heh. Yeah. So are you because after this, you're gonna get on the train, ride until you find a place that you like, meet a pretty girl, settle down, and be happy for the rest of your long, long life. Just go easy on the carbs. They're a k*ller

(Damon is torturing Liv)

Elena: Enough!

Damon: Hardly. She was two seconds away from k*lling you. I want to know why, so I am gonna rip this nasty rag out of your mouth. If I hear so much as one syllable of hocus-pocus, one of us is gonna break your neck. Spoiler alert… it's gonna be me. Talk. All right

Elena: Damon, stop!

Damon: You do not to get to tell me what to do anymore. We broke up, remember?

Elena: This is exactly why we broke up. Please tell me you understand that

Liv: Oh, my God. Just k*ll me already

Damon: Tempting, but not until you talk

Liv: She's the last female doppelganger. After tonight, there might only be one male doppelganger, and if that happens, the Travelers will come for you, Elena, to use you. The witches can't let that happen

Damon: If it's between you or this psychopath, Elena, you know what I have to do

Elena: And if you do, then what? Am I supposed to hate you or resent you or forgive you?

Damon: Well, that's your choice. The only way you're gonna get to make it is if you are alive. Please tell me you understand that

(Jeremy arrives)

Jeremy: Are you freaking kidding me? You want to k*ll Liv, you're gonna have to k*ll me, too

(Luke arrives and sees Tyler and Matt)

Luke: Who are you?

Matt: Friends of Jeremy and Elena

Tyler: Even Damon sometimes

Matt: Oh, and don't forget Bonnie. She's the one who told us you might be here

Luke: Well, blood's thicker than water, and my sister's in there, so…

Tyler: Yeah. She showed us that trick before

Jeremy: What are you waiting for, Damon? Go on. Wouldn't be the first time you k*lled me

Elena: Jeremy

Damon: She tried to stake your sister, you idiot. She's gonna do it again

Jeremy: No, she won't. She is gonna help keep Elena safe. I will make sure of that

Damon: How? You can't even get a passing grade in penmanship

Jeremy: Trust me, I won't let anyone hurt you

Elena: Jer, after all the things that you've been pulling at school, how could I trust you?You haven't exactly been making good decisions, ok?

Jeremy: How do you expect me to care about school when this is my life? How I mean, take a look around. It's not like I can bring my teachers a note saying, "Hey. Sorry I missed class today. We were under a doppelganger invasion." But I know what I'm doing. Please.Liv knows more about the Travelers than she's letting on

Elena: Let's go, Damon

Damon: You can't be serious

Elena: I trust him, ok, and right now, I really need you to trust me

(Liv is outside with Luke)

Liv: Where the hell were you?

Luke: Look. We wouldn't even be here if you would have just k*lled Elena

Liv: I was almost turned into an ashtray or whatever crap they make in wood shop. Thanks for the brotherly concern.

(Jeremy rejoins them)

Jeremy: So here's plan C. You're gonna protect Elena, and I'm gonna help you stop the Travelers

Luke: You realize this is an epic conflict of interest?

Liv: Maybe not. Jeremy's got hunter skills, and he's not afraid to take a stand. If the Travelers are coming for his sister or making a move on Mystic Falls or both, he's gonna see it coming before we do. So what's the catch?

Jeremy: I'm gonna need some help

Luke: More townies. No

Jeremy: They're part of the deal. Take it or leave it

[A Parking Lot]

(Tom and Caroline are going to the car)

Tom: I don't think I've ever eaten so much in my life

Caroline: Yeah. I don't think anyone has

Enzo: Then I suppose it was a fitting last supper

(He kills Tom)

Caroline: No! Why the hell did you do that?

Enzo: Because you're not the only one who cut a deal to save someone's life. That old flame I mentioned… Maggie… the Travelers claim they know where to find her

Caroline: Yeah. Well, if she's anything like me, then she just lost all respect for you

Enzo: Then I'll earn her forgiveness in time because unlike you, Caroline, I'm willing to do whatever it takes for the people I love. The Travelers moved to some junkyard just outside Mystic Falls. Feel free to tell Stefan you're the one who saved his life

[Salvatore’s House]

(Damon and Elena are in the living room)

Damon: Penny for your thoughts

Elena: I'm thinking Mrs. Douglas is right

Damon: The guidance counselor? What the hell does she know about the crap that we're dealing with?

Elena: She spelled it out for us, Damon. It's not that we're bad for each other. We're bad for Jeremy

Damon: Jeremy's whole life is bad for Jeremy. You want to fix Jeremy, put him on a plane, get him out of town. We did what he wanted, remember? Against my better judgment, I might add

(Jeremy enters)

Damon: Man of the hour.Where you going, little Gilbert?

Jeremy: Matt and Tyler said I could stay at their place for a while

Elena: What? No, Jer. You don't have to do that

Damon: Put the bags down. We'll talk about this in the morning

Jeremy: No, we won't.I should have moved out a long time ago

Elena: Jeremy, I know things have been a little crazy lately…

Jeremy: You know that they're always gonna be crazy, and I need to figure out how to deal with crazy on my own. Right now, this is what's best for me, for all of us. I'm not asking for permission

Elena: Ok. I'll… I'll call every day, and I'll make sure to stay more involved

[A Scrap Yard]

(Caroline rejoins Stefan)

Caroline: Stefan? Hey

Stefan: Hey. Are you…?

Caroline: A big, fat failure? Yep, but on the bright side, I'm also exhausted and very cranky

Stefan: It's good to see you anyway. So you want to tell me what happened?

Caroline: I just did. I failed. I couldn't k*ll him, Stefan, not even to save you

Stefan: You do realize that you're feeling guilty for not being able to k*ll somebody, right?

Caroline: No. I'm feeling guilty because you're still being held prisoner

Stefan: Come on, Caroline. They were never gonna let me out. I'm too important to them

Caroline: Well, you're even more important now. Enzo k*lled Tom

Stefan: Yet another reason to hate Enzo, I guess

Caroline: God. I should have seen it coming, that whole flirty "Oh, I'm so charming because I want to distract you" thing. I practically invented that. What do we now?

Stefan: We go to sleep

Caroline: What? That's heroic

Stefan: Well, the hero part of my brain needs to recharge after, you know, being tortured all day while you were out flirting with yet another British man

Caroline: shut up. That's very funny

Stefan: We gather our strength, wait for an opportunity, get the hell out of here together

Caroline: You knew.That's why you let me go because you knew the whole time, didn't you?

Stefan: I knew what?

Caroline: That I couldn't do it

Stefan: Not that you couldn't do it, that you wouldn't do it

Caroline: How?

Stefan: Because that's what makes you you

[Salvatore’s House]

(Damon rejoins Elena in his room)

Damon: Something tells me you're not packing for our honeymoon

Elena: I'm going back to campus

Damon: You realize that you leaving doesn't solve anything, right? I mean, especially now that Jeremy's free and clear of our horrible influence

Elena: It's not about Jeremy. It's about us. It's not just that we're bad for each other. It's that when we're together we do bad things for each other. I can't live like that

Damon: I'll drive you to Whitmore

Elena: If you do that, then I'm gonna spend the entire car ride thinking about your hand next to mine, and even though I'll try, I won't be able to stop myself from taking it or from letting you kiss me, and we're never gonna get to where we need to go. We'll just end up back here where we started. That's why I need you to let me go. No, Damon

Damon: Travel safe

[Whitmore College]

(Bonnie is leaving a voicemail to Jeremy)

Bonnie: Hey, Jer. Um, I haven't heard back. I have a million questions, so I miss you, and I'm a little confused, that's all. Call me?

[A Scrap Yard]

(Stefan and Caroline wake up. They hear noise and go see what’s happening)

Caroline: What the hell is that?

Stefan: Those buckets… they're drinking my blood and Elena's

Caroline: Oh, my God

Stefan: This is it. Here. Take my hand

[Whitmore University]

(Bonnie sees the travelers and they all go through her. She screams)