03x11 - Our Town

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

03x11 - Our Town

Post by bunniefuu »

Salvatore's house. Damon is smiling while taking a shower. Elana is training with a punching-ball. Alaric comes.

ALARIC: Hey you're gonna hole that thing. You want to talk about it?

ELENA: Nothing to talk about.

Damon get out of the bathroom, whistling. Stefan is waiting for him.

DAMON: Good morning.

STEFAN: You're late. We were supposed to met Bonnie at the witch house in ten minutes.

DAMON: Relax, brother. Your hair won't fall out.

STEFAN: Would you hurry up? We have work to do. You know, Klaus isn't gonna easily self-destructif. Why are you all cheaper?

DAMON: No reason. Give me a minute.

Elena is still training with Alaric.

ALARIC: So, what's get you worked up?

ELENA: I haven't rallye sleep last night.

ALARIC: Yeah, me neither. Probably something to do with dying.

ELENA: You're okay?

ALARIC: Yeah I'm fine. I think the ring has no longer batteries.

ELENA: Yeah, it's annoter reason why Jeremy has to get out of the town. Those ring have a short last, he is not protected, neither are you.

ALARIC: Nice, nice, you're getting stronger.

ELENA: I just evacuate frustration. I need a coffee.

ALARIC: Seems Damon's compulsion worked, Jeremy was packing when I left the house, going on about his new school in Denver.

ELENA: Have you talk to Damon today?

ALARIC: No. Why?

ELENA: No reason.

The witch house. Bonnie is breaking a spell, talking in latin. She tries to apen the coffin, but it's still locked down.

BONNIE: Why won't you open?!

The coffins disappear. She hears grinding, there's someone else in the house.

BONNIE: Hello? Someone there?

Outside the house, Damon and Stefan are coming.

STEFAN: You didn't say anything to Elena about the coffins, right?

DAMON: No, I said I wouldn't.

STEFAN: I know what you said.

DAMON: Why are you asking?

STEFAN: Because protecting the location of Klaus's family is my number one priority right now. And the fewer people will know, the better. What?

Bonnie sees Damon in the house. A hybrid get out of the house and fall on Stefan. Then Damon rip his heart off.

DAMON: This hybrids, they are bringing the neighboorhood down.

Opening titles.

Mystic fall's high school. Elena is preparing the Caroline's locker for her birthday.

BONNIE: Hey, sorry I'm late, I… I'd held up.

ELENA: It's okay. I just got here too. Could you pass me the balloons? Thank's. Why are you running late?

BONNIE: I was working on some new spells. You?

ELENA: Working with Alaric. So, I have something I need to tell you, and you're not gonna like it.

BONNIE: What happenned?

ELENA: Jeremy is gonna be living town for a while. He will stay with old family friend in Denver, until Klaus will blow over.

BONNIE: Jeremy world just leave you deal with Klaus on your own.

ELENA: I know, I asked Damon to compel him.

BONNIE: You what?

ELENA: I know, Bonnie. But it's not safe here for him anymore. Leaving will give him a better life. The only reason I'm telling you is because I know that you two haven't really walked out on your stuff. And I thought maybe you'd wanna say goodbye.

Witch house. Damon is hitting the coffin with a shovel.

STEFAN: You're wasting your time. It won't open. Did you bury the body?

DAMON: Any sign of our little hybrid buddies?

STEFAN: Nope, just the dead one.

DAMON: Alright, Klaus has 6 siblings. Rebekah is now with Klaus. There was one dead kid in the old world, one dead kid in the new world, which leaves Elijah and two others. Three sleeping originals, four coffins. So who is in the locked box?

STEFAN: No idea. But whatever is in here, Bonnia seems to think that it will help us k*ll Klaus. So the sooner she can get this open, the sooner we will know if she's right.

DAMON: Oh you think, spirits from a band of dead witches that can make the coffins invisible wouldn't figure out how to open one. Fine, don't help.

STEFAN: You know that none of this is gonna do any good if Klaus's hybrid friend find our hidding place, right? They need to go away.

DAMON: Oh yeah, great idea Stefan. Why don't you ask them just to pack their bag and take a long rest while we are on it. How about to keep the peace? Don't attend to the real thing we are trying to hide.

STEFAN: Well I'm not gonna play defence when I have what Klaus wants. He does what I say or I dumb his family to the bottom of the ocean.

DAMON: And he kills you and everyone you know like, I don't know... me!

STEFAN: No, he is bluffing. His family means more than anything else.

DAMON: You're sure about that?

STEFAN: Well I don't know Damon. I mean, I guess there's only one way to find out, right? Klaus bluffs.

DAMON: The only way to know if someone bluffs, Stefan, is to be ready to loose everything if you're wrong.

Mystic falls's high school.

BONNIE: Denver, hum? So, were you going to say goodbye?

JEREMY: I wasn't sur you cared.

BONNIE: Of course I care. I was hurt by what happenned between you and Anna, Jeremy. I don't want you to leave town.

JEREMY: I think this could be a good thing. Until Klaus's stuff blows over. I think I could have a better life there.

BONNIE: It's what Elena said. It's exactly what she said.

JEREMY: What do you mean?

BONNIE: Nothing. I'm just sorry you have to go, that's all.

On the parking, Caroline parks her car and sees Tyler.

CAROLINE: I can't talk to you.

TYLER: I know you're upset but...

CAROLINE:? Upset? You almost got Jeremy k*lled! And before you ask me to understand or to support you, can you at least tell me what you're planning to do about your attachment on Klaus?

TYLER: There is nothing that I can do about it Caroline, That's the point. I just want you to know that I understand why you can't be with me. Even if I want to put you first, before anyone, I can't, I'll never be able to. And I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I just want you to know that.

CAROLINE: I'm sorry too.

He gives her a bracelet.

TYLER: Happy birthday.

Klaus's property.

KLAUS: Sweet dreams Rebekah. Show her to her room, would you, love?

HYBRID: Sure.

KLAUS: I'm surprise you're still in town. I gave you your freedom, you could go anywhere.

STEFAN: I live here Klaus.

KLAUS: Well if we're playing this game, then, I was here first.

STEFAN: You know, I don't like your hybrids friends. They are everywhere, kind of like flies. I want them gone.

KLAUS: Yeah, well I kind of like having them around. You know, I'm hurt. I hoped that when I free you, we pick where we left off. But here you are, engulfing vervaine like the rest of them, I'm sure. So, how much for friendship.

STEFAN: Friends don't screw friends from their free will.

KLAUS: Okay, granted, that was a little extreme, but I get a little moody. Just ask my siblings. Speaking of whom, isn't time to get over?

STEFAN: Klaus, get your hybrids out of Mystic falls or I will remove them myself.

KLAUS: You see, if you continue to thr*at me, I'm gonna be forced to retaliate. k*ll people. And it will get messy again.

STEFAN: Do whatever you want, I don't really care. Or you know what? Maybe I do. Maybe I care so much, that I'll drop Elijah in the Arctic.

KLAUS: Well, maybe I'll be willing to loose one brother if it means k*lling yours.

STEFAN: Try me, let's find out.

HYBRID: Is everything ok?

KLAUS: Everything is fine, Mindy. Stefan was just leaving after failing to make his point.

Stefan decapitates Mindy.

STEFAN: Well, one down. You may want send the rest of them away before it gets messy, again.

Caroline's home. Caroline jumps when Elena, Bonnie and Matt arise.

MATT: Happy birthday!

CAROLINE: What are you guys doing here?

ELENA: Well you blew of school and miss our work of birthday art, so...

BONNIE: Change your clothes, we are going to the falls. Smores, camp fire.

ELENA: Cake, like when we were little.

MATT: Except for the tequila!

CAROLINE: Thanks, guys. Really, but, I just no feeling my birthday this year.

BONNIE: I'm sorry, what? You already claimed your birthday as everyone's favorite day of the year.

CAROLINE: Yeah, and now, it's just reminded that technically, I'm dead. Look, I'm not even 17. And the only point to 17 is to get to 18, it's a failure year, I'm stuck in a failure year.

ELENA: You're not stuck Caroline.

CAROLINE: Yeah I am, but it's okay. It's all good, I will be fine. But I just need some time to get used to it.

ELENA: Okay, well I think I have another idea.

Klaus's property.

HYBRID: What do you want me to do with her head?

KLAUS: Just get rid of it. Burn it. I honestly don't care Daniel.

TYLER: You called? I'm here. What happenned?

KLAUS: What happenned is Stefan had two possibilities and he chose the one that make me angry. I need you to help me to do something about that.

TYLER: Can't you just leave me out of it?

KLAUS: What would be the point of that?

TYLER: Seriously man, can't you just ask another hybrid to do the work? I lost my friends, my girl-friend.

KLAUS: Right, your girl-friend, about her, I need you to bite her.

TYLER: What?

KLAUS: Don't make me repeat myself.

TYLER: A hybrid bite would k*ll a vampire.

KLAUS: Yeah, I know exactly what it will do. Stefan push me too far so I'm pushing back.

TYLER: I'm not bitting Caroline.

KLAUS: Tyler, you've been supernaturaly blessed for the good fortune I've onto you. So consider me to putting your loyalty to a test.

TYLER: What the hell is wrong with you? I'm not hurting Caroline.

KLAUS: Alright. I'm disappointed but you know, it's your choice, free will and all that. I'll find another way to strike on Stefan. You can go now.

Damon and Alaric are going to a council metting disguisded in an auction sale.

ALARIC: I thought Stefan saved your life.

DAMON: I did.

ALARIC: And now he is ready to risk it just to see how far he can push Klaus?

DAMON: It seems so.

ALARIC: So his humaity are on or off?

DAMON: I think there is another option playing, a demur switch, which is a huge problem.

ALARIC: Why?

DAMON: Because I can't predict how far he wanted to going until someone gets k*lled.

ALARIC: So you suddenly cares who lives oy dies?

DAMON: I have a small list.

ALARIC: Talk about humanity demur switch.

DAMON: Screw you.

ALARIC: Can't a council meeting just be a council meeting?

Caroline, Elena, Bonnie and Matt enter a tomb.

ELENA: So it is.

BONNIE: This is creepy, even for us.

ELENA: No, Caroline was right., technicaly, she is dead. Sorry. But you don't need a birthday, you need a funeral. You need to say goodbye to your old life so then you can move on with your new one.

CAROLINE: Okay, here lies Caroline Forbes.

ELENA: Cheerleader, Miss Mystic Falls, third grade hopscotch champion.

BONNIE: Friend, daughter, perfectionnist.

MATT: Meangirl, sometimes, no offense.

CAROLINE: Ah, no taken.

ELENA: She was 17, and qhe had a really good life. So rest in peace, so that she can move forward. That's what you really need. What we all really need. Amen, or cheers or whatever. Hum, Bonnie?

(Bonnie lights the candles with her mind.)

ELENA: Nice. Okay, make a wish.

Alaric is looking at a model of the bridge.

DAMON: It's the bridge where Elena and Jeremy's parents d*ed on a car accident.

ALARIC: Something is up with her. Elena. Something more than usual. You know what it is?

DAMON: Well I'm sure it starts with a "Stef" and ends with a "n". I'm gonna get a drink, write a check and then we're out.

(Dr.Fell arrives)

DR.FELL: Alaric Saltzman. Miracal patient.

ALARIC: Dr. Fell.

DR.FELL: I'm glad to see you still alive. A part of me thought you would have drop dead in your sleep.

ALARIC: Well I guess I have nine lifes.

DR.FELL: Not bad to having in a town with vampire problem.

ALARIC: Sorry? Are you on the founders council?

DR.FELL: I'm a found, I come from a long lign of founders. May they rest in peace. I hate that bridge. My senior prom date dumbed me on this bridge.

ALARIC: Oh yeah, you threw him over?

DR.FELL: No, but I should have. I've been holding a rage ever since. Where did your friend go? I'm supposed to held him up for some money for the fundraiser.

ALARIC: Well you should, he is loaded.

DR.FELL: He is in good company. Some British guy just plegde to match every dollar we raised.

ALARIC: What do you mean a British guy?

Klaus is talking with Carol Lockwood.

KLAUS: What colour are your eyes?

CAROl: They are blue.

KLAUS: Oh yes, they are.

DAMON: Look at what the cat drag down. Nice veste.

KLAUS: Thank you very much, good to see you Damon. Carol and I were discusting about were you be a big benefactor.

CAROL: What do you say Damon? Klaus has made a very generous pledge. You know how we drummed on the b*at to start the renovation.

DAMON: Carol, don't take it in the wrong way, but do you realize that you've been kissing the ass of an immoral hybrid who ruined your son's life?

KLAUS: Oh, it comes now. Some has said that I saved him from all that nasty full moon business. I'd already come through myself more than twice to be honest but still, I'm very sympathetic.

CAROL: Klaus has promised to protect Tyler, Damon. And our town.

DAMON: From who? His hybrids are the one the town needs protection from.

KLAUS: I'd have no use for them if your brother would kindly return my family.

DAMON: Not gonna happen.

KLAUS: That's what I thought, which is why I've come to an agreement with the maire. You and the council stay out of my way, I stay out of yours. Your town gets protected, my hybrids get left alone and everybody will be happy. All you have to do is to get Stefan to stop decapitating my friends.

CAROL: Please Damon, just get your brother under control or the council will be forced to take actions against him.

DAMON: You guy would be kidding me.

KLAUS: Oh come on mate, give peace a chance.

On the tomb.

ELENA: I need it more than you do, trust me. Caroline, what are you doing?

CAROLINE: What? Nothing.

ELENA: Okay, you're a bad sobber liar, and even worse drunk liar.

CAROLINE: I might texted Tyler.

ELENA: Caroline...

CAROLINE: What? I'm frail.

BONNIE: Give her a break. You can't control what everyone does all the time.

ELENA: Wow.

BONNIE: Sorry, I know it's Caroline birthday, funeral or whatever but, I just feel it's really wrong to compel Jeremy to leave town.

ELENA: I'm doing it to protect him, Bonnie. I want to give him a chance to have a quiet normal life.

BONNIE: He should be able to choose how he wants to live it, you're taking his choices away.

ELENA: Bonnie, you can't tell him.

BONNIE: Why? Are you gonna compel me not to?

MATT: You know, you guys are ruining a perfect funeral.

BONNIE: I'm sorry. I just go sleep it off or something. Happy birthday.

The sheriff and Damon walk through the party.

LIZ: The maire is looking out for Tyler. For now we have to assume Klaus had him in his pocket.

DAMON: Oh please don't tell me you're gonna drink the Klaus cool Eden.

LIZ: I'm not gonna let him hold this town hostage. But I'm also not gonna let innocent people get caught in a cross fire in a piss contest between a hybrid and a vampire.

DAMON: Liz, I'm impressed, you're all strong and sheriffy.

LIZ: I'm not kidding Damon. Get Stefan to stand down from this one before someone gets hurt.

Dr.Fell is with a man, a little further.

MAN: What are you doing? You're gonna ruining your career.

DR.FELL: Says the guy who got his jod from his dad.

MAN: Do you have any idea what you're dealing with?

DR.FELL: I know what I'm doing.

MAN: Damn it Meredith.

MEREDITH: Back off, Brian.

ALARIC: Everything all right here?

BRIAN: Everything is fine.

ALARIC: Didn't look fine.

BRIAN: You might want to get to know her, before you become her white knight. She's a kind of a psycho case.

ALARIC: You're that guy, aren't you? The one who beg to have a stick kick then.

BRIAN: Take it from me man, life is too short.

MEREDITH: Just go away, Brian. My senior prom date.

ALARIC: Well you definitly should have throw him over the bridge.

MEREDITH: Unfortunatly, I have to work with him. He is on the council, the medical examiner. The guy who write under death cause "animal att*ck".

ALARIC: I get it.

MEREDITH: Duty calls. Thanks for the hero moment.

ALARIC: Anytime.
Stefan discreetly catch a long Kn*fe. The hybrid Daniel go in a room upstairs and close the door. Stefan arrives and disembowels him. Damon stops him when he is about to decapitate the hybrid.

STEFAN: What are you doing?

DAMON: What are you doing? No dead hybrids at a founders party.

STEFAN: No I told Klaus get hybrids out of the town, he did listen so I'm gonna say it louder.

DAMON: You don't think that 10 more will then come from. And if you k*ll them, Klaus won't make 20 more? You forgot about the Elena's part of novel? Or you not care if she is a human blood bag for the rest of her life.

STEFAN: Protecting Elena is your problem now. Cause I'm not compeled by Klaus to do it anymore.

DAMON: Don't give me that no-humanity crap, you can't just switch. Your switch is grilled Stefan, just like your brain. You want to take Klaus? You want to be the villain? You got to be smarter.

STEFAN: To be the villain Damon, you have to be the better villain.

At the tomb. Tyler arrives.

TYLER: Sorry, I didn't mean to smash the party.

MATT: So don't.

CAROLINE: No, it's, it's okay.

TYLER: Can I talk to you for a sec? It's kind of important.

ELENA: Are you okay?

MATT: Yeah, I want her to be happy you know. It's what I want for all of you guys, in the middle of this crazy life we gotta stuck in.

ELENA: Is that how you see it? That we are stuck? Bonnie is right, you know I had no business messing onto Jeremy's head. I just don't know what else to do. He is in danger here. I can't loose anyone else that I love.

Outside the tomb, in the wood.

TYLER: I take it all back. Everything I said this morning. Klaus can't control me. No when it comes to you. I won't let him.

CAROLINE: Tyler, it's okay. Maybe we just meant to be together. Maybe we just have to accept that and move on.

TYLER: I'm not moving on from anything. I love you.

CAROLINE: What?

They kiss and Tyler bites her then.

CAROLINE: What just happenned? Did you just bite me?

TYLER: Oh my god. I'm sorry.

CAROLINE: Oh my god! Just get away from me! Get away from me!

Matt and Elena are looking for them in the wood.

MATT: Caroline!

ELENA: Great; we've been abandoned. Okay we're going back to the party, I don't trust them, she could get back together with him.

MATT: Caroline!

ELENA: Come on Caroline we don't have anymore drinks! Matty is afraid about the fell ghosts.

Stefan comes, hits Matt and kidnaps Elena. In the Stefan's car.

ELENA: What are you doing Stefan?

Elena's phone rings. Stefan answers.

STEFAN: Hello Damon, she is a little busy right now.

DAMON: Why the hell have you the Elena's phone?

STEFAN: I'm making my next move. Let me ask you something. What klaus is gonna do if he can't make anymore hybrids?

ELENA: What?

DAMON: Stefan, leave her out of this.

Stefan throws the phone throughout the window.

ELENA: What are you doing? Stefan let me out of this car. Do you hear me? Let me out of the car!

At the party.

KLAUS: What now? You just put me away from a fascinating conversation about man to get in the time square.

DAMON: Stefan just grabbed Elena.

KLAUS: Well, he's getting desperate.

DAMON: He's trying to use her against you. Do what he says, get rid of your hybrids.

KLAUS: Or what? Stefan would never dream of k*lling her.

DAMON: You're sure about that? He just behead someone in the middle of a council party. He is exploiting on crazy right now.

KLAUS: Wel, crazy or not, that kind of love never dies. He is bluffing.

DAMON: Maybe he is, may be he isn't but if you don't want to believe him, believe me. I know my brother better than anyone and right now I don't have a clue how far he is willing to take this. So if he says blink, I suggest you blink.

At the Forbes's house. Matt is taking Caroline home, holding her in his arms.

MATT: Sheriff Forbes!

LIZ: What happenned?

MATT: Tyler bit her.

LIZ: Oh my god, sweet heart. Be careful. Caroline, honey, can you hear me?

CAROLINE: I'm sorry mom.

MATT: She gets hallucinating or something, I don't know. No one's picking up the phone.

LIZ: It's alright sweet heart.

In Stefan's car.

ELENA: So what's the plan, Stefan? What's the big move you're making?

STEFAN: I took Klaus's family to make him suffer. I'm gonna make him suffer a new one.

ELENA: So what are you gonna do? Are you gonna lock me in some cave and keep me hostage?

STEFAN: Maybe I'll just turn you into a vampire.

ELENA: Stop the car Stefan! Stop the car Stefan!

Stefan calls klaus.

KLAUS: Stefan, how nice to hear your voice.

STEFAN: Tell your hybrids to get out of the town Klaus.

KLAUS: Well that's not gonna happen until I get my coffins back.

STEFAN: Okay, well I'm gonna drive your blood source off the Wickery Bridge.

KLAUS: I don't believe you Stefan, you won't k*ll her.

Stefan makes Elena drink his blood.

ELENA: No! No! No! What are you doing?

KLAUS: What's going on?

STEFAN: I just fed her with my blood. No more hybrids if she is a vampire.

KLAUS: You won't do it.

STEFAN: Really? Try me, because your coffins are next to go. Say goodbye to your family Klaus.

ELENA: Stefan slow down!

KLAUS: Fine, I'll send them away, you win.

ELENA: Stefan! Stefan stop!

KLAUS: Stop the car Stefan!

Stefan roughly stops the car.

STEFAN: Get back in the car.

ELENA: Stay away from me.

STEFAN: Elena, get back in the car.

ELENA: How could you?! My parents d*ed going over this bridge. I almost d*ed. You knew that. You're the one who saved me.

STEFAN: Look he had to believe that I would do it alright, your fear sold it.

ELENA: What if he hadn't?

STEFAN: He did.

ELENA: Well what if he hadn't?

STEFAN: He did Elena! He back down! He has a weakness. If I know his weakness, I could destroy him.

ELENA: After everything, that's what matter? Destroying Klaus?

STEFAN: Destroying Klaus is all I've left.

ELENA: You had me!

STEFAN: I lost you at the minute I left town with him. You kown that you just hadn't self admit that yet.

ELENA: Is that what you are doing? Trying to make me hate you?

STEFAN: I don't really care what you think about me anymore Elena.

He goes away.

Caroline's house. Klause is on the threshold of the door. Matt opens.

KLAUS: Tyler came to see me. Poor boy, he seemed quiet distressed, he said Caroline had a terrible accident.

MATT: You made him do this to her. Thou he would have never done something like this.

KLAUS: I'm here to help Matt. My blood will ill her, please ask the sheriff to invite me inside.

LIZ: I know how this game works. You want something in return.

KLAUS: Just your support.

LIZ: Come in.

Caroline is lying on her bed.

CAROLINE: Are you going to k*ll me?

KLAUS: On your birthday? You really think that law of me?

CAROLINE: Yes.

KLAUS: It looks bad. My apologies, you are just colateral damages, nothing personnal. I love birthdays.

CAROLINE: Yeah, Haven't you like.. a billion, or something?

KLAUS: Well you have to adjust your perception of time when you become a vampire, Caroline. Celebrate the fact that you're no longer bond by trivial human conventions. You're free.

CAROLINE: No, I'm dying.

KLAUS: And I could let you die, if that's what you want. If you really believe your existence has no meaning. I thought about it myself, once or twice, over the centuries, truth will be told. But I'll let you know a little secret. There is a whole world out there, waiting for you. Great cities and art and music, genuine beauty. And you can have all of it. You can have a thousand more birthdays. All you have to do is ask.

CAROLINE: I don't wanna die.

KLAUS: Here you go, sweet heart. Have at it.

She bites him.

KLAUS: Happy birthday Caroline.

Damon takes Elena back home.

ELENA: Thanks for picking me up.

DAMON: Anytime. You're gonna be okay?

ELENA: I will survive. Somehow I always do.

DAMON: You know Stefan won this round for us today. He push Klaus at the edge and Klaus blinkt.

ELENA: Well his methods sucked.

DAMON: Still, we needed it. Klaus have been calling on the shaft and Stefan b*at him at his own game. He was the better villain.

ELENA: Don't seem so impressed.

DAMON: Well, I can't help be a little proud. Really, tell me, are you gonna be okay?

ELENA: You can't kiss me again.

DAMON: I know.

ELENA: I can't. It's not right.

DAMON: It's not right. Just not right now. Good night.

ELENA: Good night, Damon.

The same place, next morning.

JEREMY: You gonna have to let me go, eventually.

ELENA: Be safe, okay?

JEREMY: Yeah, okay, alright. Alaric is waiting.

BONNIE: Good, you haven't left yet.

JEREMY: What are you doing here?

BONNIE: I came to say goodbye.

Jeremy goes away. Caroline wakes up, her neck is clean. She sees a little box with the inscription "From Klaus". Inside the box, there is a beautiful bracelet with diamonds. Matt walks toward Elena on the Wickery Bridge.

MATT: You're not gonna jump, are you?

ELENA: Thanks for coming. I was just thinking about what you said, about us being stuck.

MATT: I was busy, Elena. I can't be responsable for jugement.

ELENA: I feel stuck, Matt. I feel like, I'd bell holding on to the girl who was supposed to die here with her parents. The girl who had a normal life, and who wasn't in love with vampires.

MATT: You're not that girl anymore. It's okay if you want to let her go.

ELENA: Is it? Cause I feel like I disappointed her a little like, if I disappointed them. My parents.

MATT: For my too sense, as a guy who knew that girl, you're doing better than you think. Here lies Elena Gilbert. A girl-friend, and an amazing friend.

Matt throws flowers over the bridge.

At the Mystic grill.

MEREDITH: Thanks God, another day drinker. I lost a patient, what's your excuse?

ALARIC: I put a kid on a plane.

MEREDITH: Yours?

ALARIC: No, it's a long story.

MEREDITH: Then you should probably buy me a beer.

In the woods, Lyz and Damon are walking toward a crime scene.

LIZ: A rambler called it in. My guys got it first.

DAMON: Another hybrid?

LIZ: That's what I thought at first. Brian Walkers, the medical examiner.

DAMON: It's not a stake, he is not a vampire.

LIZ: I know. This was a m*rder.

END.