03x15 - All my Children

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

03x15 - All my Children

Post by bunniefuu »

[Gilbert's House]

(Elena wakes up. She gets up and takes her phone to call Stefan)

[Salvatore's House]

(Stefan is writing in his diary. He looks at his phone and ignore Elena's call. He looks at his phone but finally turn it to not look at it)

[Gilbert's House]

(Elena leaves a voicemail to Stefan)

Elena: Stefan, hey. Um... It's me. I really have to talk to you. Please call me back

(Then she calls someone else)

[Salvatore's House]

(Damon takes his phone. It's Elena)

Damon: What?

Elena: Hey. I called you 10 times last night. We need to talk

Damon: Sorry. I've been busy

Elena: If you're mad at me, Damon, you need to get over it

Damon: Oh, I'm over it

(He hangs up and lays down. Rebekah is asleep next to him)

(Rebekah and Damon are up. She's wearing her dress from the ball)

Rebekah: So let's not make a big deal out of this

Damon: My thoughts exactly

Rebekah: Besides, I expect you'll come calling soon enough

Damon: Let's not hold our breath

(He opens the door. Elena's here. She's surprised. Rebekah smiles and leaves. Elena enters)

Elena: Did you stop taking your vervain?

Damon: You think Rebekah had to compel me?

Elena: What's wrong with you? She tried to k*ll me less than 48 hours ago

Damon: Can't we just move past that, Elena?

Elena: So is that how it's gonna be now? I hurt your feelings, and this is how you lash out at me?

Damon: Well, maye, for once, something I did had nothing to do with you

Elena: You should know... that Esther's planning on k*lling her entire family. She's linked them all together with a spell. Whatever happens to one happens to all of them

Damon: That's great. Klaus'll finally be dead. We win. Why do you look like someone just sh*t a panda bear?

Elena: Because to k*ll Klaus, she has to k*ll all of them, including Elijah, and he doesn't deserve this

Damon: I'm supposed to care about Elijah?

Elena: Shouldn't you at least care about Rebekah?

Damon: 2 secons ago, you were pissed that she attaked you. It's a win-win

(She turns herself but Damon intersepts her with his super speed)

Damon: Don't do anything to screw this up, Elena

Elena: Why are you doing this?

(Stefan arrives)

Stefan: He's right, you know. Klaus has to die they all do

Damon: See? It's democracy in action

(She leaves, pushing Damon on her way out)

[Klaus' House]

(Elijah is in the office and finds b*rned sage)

(Kol and Klaus are in the living room. Rebekah arrives. Kol gets up)

Kol: Well, well, well... there's our girl

Rebekah: Get out of my way, Kol

Kol: Out all night. What a scandal. I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?

Rebekah: If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth

(She pushes him. Klaus, who's drawing, smiles)

Rebekah: Don't start, Nik

Klaus: I didn't say anything

(Kol sits down)

Kol: I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment

Klaus: What are you waiting for? Go on. Have at it

Kol: It's no fun to go alone. Join me, Nik. It's the least you could do after sticking a dagger in my heart

Klaus: Ok. Why not?

(He gets up)

Klaus: I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to m*rder Rebekah's date

Rebekah: Yes, please go. This house has enough men rolling around in it

Kol: Just like you, Bekah

(They leave. Rebekah throws a shoe at them)

Rebekah: Good ridance, both of you

(Elijah enters, the b*rned sage in his hand)

Elijah: Rebekah

Rebekah: Not you, too, Elijah

Elijah: I'm worried about mother. Have you not noticed her strange behavior?

Rebekah: She's been dead for a thousand years what's strange for her?

(He shows her the sage)

Elijah: b*rned sage. She was doing a privacy spell

(She takes it)

Rebekah: You know she fancy such things. Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her

Elijah: I don't trust Finn. He hates what we are. He always has

Rebekah: He hates what we are. He always has. And as for mother, she returned for one reason, to make her family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?

[Caroline's House]

(Bonnie and Elena are in Caroline's bedrrom. Bonnie is sitting on the bed, doing a spell. There's candels)

Elena: He was gloating, like actual gloat. Like he was proud of himself for sleeping with her. Is it working?

(Caroline enters)

Caroline: It's not working. I can hear every word you're saying about Damon, the vampire gigolo

Bonnie: I don't know. It's a tricky spell

Elena: When Esther did it, she kept the sage burning. There was a lot more smoke

Bonnie: All right, try it again

(She burns the sage and shakes it. Bonnie and Elena look at Caroline. She gets out and closes the door)

Bonnie: Speaking of Esther, you should know she came to see me and Abby this morning

Elena: And all this time, you let me vent about Damon?

Bonnie: I don't want you to worry

Elena: Ok, well, what did she want?

Bonnie: She wanted to introduce herself. Abby and I helped bring her back. She's channeling our entire ancestral bloodline for power. I think she thought she was being polite

Elena: Ok, well, is there a way to stop her from channeling you?

Bonnie: Even if there was, why would I want that?

Elena: I just keep thinking... Before the sun and the moon ritual, Elijah found a way to keep me alive. And now I'm in the exact same position, and I'm just gonna let him die? It just doesn't feel right

(Caroline enters)

Caroline: Ok, first of all, this privacy spell is totally not working. Second, Elena, you are not doing this. Esther is doing this

Bonnie: There's no time to chane your mind, Elena. He'll be dead by the end of the night

Elena: What?

Bonnie: It's a full moon. Esther needs to harness the energy of a celestial event. She asked me and Abby to join her

[Salvatore's House]

(Stefan rejoins Damon in the library)

Damon: Join me for a little victory drink?

Stefan: We should wait until Klaus is dead

Damon: Why are you so extra broody? Didn't you see the way we stood up to Elena? I like you on my team. Must have driven her nuts

Stefan: You still think she' gonna screw this up, don't you?

Damon: Think somebody needs to talk to her. She's not gonna listen to anything I say

Stefan: Is it because of your little sleepover?

Damon: It's not my fault she decided to get jealous

Stefan: Well, given who you chose to sleep with, I would say it's 100% your fault

Damon: Whatever. Did you a favor. Now you can come in and sweep her off her feet

Stefan: Nah. She's better off without me. Sure as hell better off without you

Damon: Fine. Neither one of us gets her. Just make sure she doesn't screw up Esther's plan

(He puts his glass os blood on the table and leaves. Stefan looks at the glass and turns his back)

[Gilbert's House]

(Elena goes down the stairs. Someone knocks on the door. She opens it. It's Elijah)

Elijah: Elena

Elena: Elijah

Elijah: I don't mean to intrude. I was hoping you might accompany me. I want to show you something

[The woods]

(Elijah and Elena arrive. They get out of the car)

Elijah: Forgot how much I missed this land

Elena: Can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago

Elijah: You know, your school was built over an Indian village. Where I saw my first werewolf. The town square was where the natives would gather to worship. Matter of fact, near that was a... there was a field where wild horses used to graze

Elena: That's incredible

Elijah: Come

(They arrive at the church's ruins)

Elena: Do you know this place, too?

Elijah: I do. Below us is a cavern I used to play in as a boy, connects to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area. Perhaps it's nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the full moon. My mother said there must be a balance

Elena: Elijah, I should probably go home

Elijah: I admire you, Elena. You remind me of qualities I valued long before my mother turned us. It's not in your nature to be deceitful, and yet when I asked you about your meeting with my mother the other night, you lied to my face

Elena: That's not true. I told you that all your mother wanted was a new start

Elijah: I can hear your heartbeat. It jumps when you're being dishonest with me. You lied to me at the ball and you're lying to me now. Tell me the truth

Elena: I never wanted this to happen

Elijah: What, Elena?

Elena: We were told, that whatever was gonna be in that coffin was gonna k*ll Klaus. When we found out that it was your mother... We didn't know what to think

Elijah: Since her return, she said she only wants this family whole again

Elena: When she asked to see me, I... I thought that maybe she could help, that she would find a way to k*ll Klaus. It's not just Klaus that she wants to k*ll

Elijah: She wants to k*ll us all, doesn't she? She wants to undo the evil she created

Elena: I'm so sorry, Elijah. I wish there was something I could do to help

Elijah: You know, one thing I've learned in my time on this earth... Be careful what you wish for

(He kicks on the ground and makes a giant hole. He catches Elena and drags her in the hole with him)

[Mystic Grill]

(Alaric is at the bar, on the phone with Damon)

Alaric: I haven't seen Elena since this morning

Damon: Well, she's not answering her phone

Alaric: Well, I'm surprised you have time to call, what with all this original sex you've been having

Damon: She told you?

Alaric: Oh, she told me

Damon: Oh, really. Did she also tell you that she's having an att*ck of conscience about this whole original m*rder thing?

Alaric: Hey, listen, I'm not gonna judge her for having a conscience

Damon: Well, you don't have to judge her. Just tie her up. Lock her in her room till this is over

Alaric: Well, I wouldn't if I could, and I can't, because I'm busy

Damon: Busy doing what?

Alaric: Don't worry about it

Damon: Are you with the sexy psycho doctor?

Alaric: Good-bye, Damon

(He hangs up and looks at Meredith, sitting next to him)

Alaric: Sorry about that

Meredith: Does he still think I'm a serial k*ller?

Alaric: He's a little judgmental

Meredith: Speaking of... your X-rays were inconclusive. your Kn*fe wound was already semihealed. It's impossible to tell anything about whoever stabbed you. Short, tall, left-handed, right-handed... no clue

Alaric: Well, what about my head? Why can't I remember anything about the att*ck?

Meredith: Your CT scans were clear. Maybe you were compelled to forget

Alaric: Wait. You think the k*ller's a... vampire?

Meredith: There no other suspects. It's the obvious conclusion

(Klaus and Kol arrive)

Klaus: Ah, come on now. Let's not go blaming the new family in town just 'cause you lot have got yourselves a k*ller at large. Don't mind us. My brother and I are just here to let off some steam. Right, Kol?

Kol: Right

(He looks at Meredith)

[Abandonned Witch House]

(Bonnie and Abby arrive. Esther and Finn are waiting for them)

Abby: Who's the creepy, lurky guy?

Bonnie: That's Esther's son, Finn, and he's a vampire, so...

(She makes a sign to tell her that he can hear them)

Abby: Wonder what your grams thinks about the part we're playing in all this balance of nature stuff?

Bonnie: She's probably on the other side, screaming about getting involved with vampire business

Esther: Bennett witches, thank you for coming. I could think of no better allies than the woman who sent Mikael into his long sleep and the girl who fought Niklaus so bravely

Abby: Why exactly did you invite us here?

Esther: You are the descendants of the witch Ayana. She was a great mentor of mine, and I think it's only fitting that I draw from her bloodline

Bonnie: So are you channeling our ancestors?

Esther: I draw from the entirety of the Bennett bloodline, living and dead. The connection affords me great power, although it is somewhat difficult to maintain, which is why I require you, mother and daughter, the bloodline made manifest

(She takes their hands)

Esther: Tonight, my sisters, we shall bring peace to the spirits of nature that we serve, and for that, I thank you

[The Caverns]

(Elena is walking through the caverns and falls ont Rebekah)

Rebekah: Going somewhere?

Elena: What are you doing here?

Rebekah: Not much, unless you try to run... in which case, I get to k*ll you

(She smiles)

[Salvatore's House]

(Stefan enters)

Stefan: Can't find her anywhere

(Elijah is here, sitting on a chair. Damon is looking at him)

Elijah: Hello, Stefan

Damon: He has Elena

Elijah: Actually she's with Rebekah. As you can imagine, my sister's just dying to tear her throat out. So if you want to save Elena's life, I need you to help me stop my mother

Damon: I'm a little embarrassed to admit, but when it comes to k*lling thousand-year-old resurrected witches, I'm a little rusty

Elijah: Yes, unfortunately even when k*lled, my mother doesn't seem to want to stay dead. Not with the spirits of nature at her side

Stefan: So what are we supposed to do?

Elijah: The witches that released my mother, she's drawing her power from their bloodline. That line needs to be broken

Stefan: Broken?

Damon: Yeah, he means...

(He makes a sign to show him they has to k*ll them)

Stefan: You want us to k*ll them?

Elijah: You know I'd do it myself, but I've absolutely no idea where they are. Besides, seeing me, they'd immediately know my intent. They won't expect to be harmed by the likes of you. In any case, you have until 6 minutes after 9:00 to find them

Damon: Oh, how super-specific of you

Elijah: By 9:07, the moon'll be full. My mother will have the power she needs to k*ll me and my family. If you do not stop her before then, Rebekah will k*ll Elena. So we all have our timeline. I suggest you get started

(He leaves)

[The Caverns]

(Rebekah is filming Elena with her phone)

Rebekah: All right, love. Now look into the camera

Elena: What are you doing?

Rebekah: sh**ting your picture to inspire your boyfriends. Why don't you tell them how delightful it is being stuck in a hole with your biggest fan

Elena: I guess you think I had this coming, after what I did to you

Rebekah: You know, I don't know what I want more... To find out we're saved, or to find out it's all right to k*ll you

Elena: This isn't my fault. I wanted to get rid of Klaus. At one point, so did you. I didn't know that your mom was planning on k*lling all of you

Rebekah: Do you think I want to spend what could be the last few hours of my life having idle chitchat with a girl who literally stabbed me in the back? Of course not. But for some reason, everybody seems to want to bend over backwards to save your life, which is incredibly annoying, but makes you the perfect hostage. So why don't you sit down and shut up before I ruin everything by ripping your head off

(Elena sits down)

[Salvatore's House]

(Stefan opens the refrigerator, looks at the blood bags and takes one. He looks at it and doesn't open it. Damon arrives)

Damon: Clock's ticking. You gonna bring some plans, or you are too busy fixing a snack?

Stefan: We need to call Bonnie. There's gotta be a way for her to stop Esther from channeling all that power

Damon: A, what if she's with Esther? B, what if she can't cut her off? C, I don't know how any of this stuff works, and, D, neither do you

Stefan: You got a better plan?

Damon: Worst-case scenario, simple mechanics. Can't draw power from a dead battery.

Stefan: k*ll 'em

Damon: If it comes to that

(He takes the blood bag from his hands and drinks. Then he gives it back to him)

Stefan: There's gotta be another way

Damon: Well, what if I told you I had a less diabolical plan?

(He shows him a dagger)

Stefan: You wanna dagger Elijah

Damon: Well, they're all linked. One goes down, they all go down. The witches live. Elena's safe. Problem solved

Stefan: We don't know how that'll affect Klaus

Damon: Ironically, Klaus isn't our current problem

Stefan: Dagger's lethal to any vampire who uses one

Damon: Well, I just so happen to know someone crazy enough to give it a sh*t

[Mystic Grill]

(Alaric is by the pool table and on the phone with Damon. He looks at Klaus and Kol. Meredith is playing pool)

Alaric: Yeah. No, they're still here. Yeah. They've drank their way through half the Grill's liquor supply

Damon: Good. It'll be easier if they'er wasted

Alaric: So what's the plan?

Damon: Divide and conquer. Frst we'll need a little blonde distraction

(Caroline enters. She looks at Alaric and goes at the bar)

(Klaus and Kol are looking at her)

Kol: I remember her from last night. She looks like a tasty little thing

Klaus: Say another word, and I'll tear out your liver. Caroline

Caroline: Oh, it's you

Klaus: Join us for a drink?

Caroline: Mm, I'd rather die of thirst, but thanks

(She leaves)

Klaus: Isn't she stunning?

Kol: She certainly looks good walking away from you

Klaus: I'll take that as a challenge

(He goes outside and runs after Caroline)

Klaus: Caroline!

Caroline: Are you serious? Take a hint

Klaus: Don't be angry, love. We had a little spat. I'm over it already

Caroline: Ah, well, I'm not

Klaus: Well, how can I acquit myself?

Caroline: You and your expensive jewelry and your romantic drawings can leave me alone

Klaus: Oh, come on. Take a chance, Caroline. Talk to me

(He sits on the bench)

Klaus: Come on. Get to know me. I dare you

Caroline: Fine

(She sits down next to him)

Caroline: So what do you want to talk about?

Klaus: I want to talk about you. Your hopes. Your...your dreams. Everything you want in life

Caroline: Just to be clear, I'm too smart to be seduced by you

Klaus: Well, that's why I like you
[Abandonned Witch House]

(Esther, Bonnie, Abby and Finn are preparing everything for the ritual. There's a pentagram on the ground and torches around it)

Esther: The pentagram represents our connection to magic. The salt is a symbol of the earth

Bonnie: And the torches?

Esther: 5 torches, one for each of my children

Bonnie: What's the spell you're doing?

Esther: As the witch who cast the spell that made them vampires, I can also reverse it. When they become human again, they can be k*lled. As they are linked as one, my brave Finn will be the sacrifice. With his death will come theirs

(Abby looks at him)

Abby: And you're just willing to die?

Finn: My mother's releasing me from an eternity of shame. It's not a sacrfice. It's a gift

[Mystic Grill]

(Meredith is playing pool, alone. Kol rejoins her)

Kol: A woman of your caliber ought to choose more suitable company. What's your name, love?

Meredith: None of your business

Kol: Let's try that again. I'll start. I'm Kol

Meredith: Why don't you get lost, Kol?

Kol: And why would I do that? I like pretty little things with sharp tongues

(Alaric arrives)

Alaric: Pretty sure she told you to get lost

Kol: Pretty sure I don't care

(Alaric drives the dagger through his heart. Meredith puts herself in front of her to hide them)

(Every originals is affected and collapses. Elena take this opportunity to run)

(Kaul feels something and gets up)

Caroline: What is it?

Klaus: What did you do?

Caroline: Nothing

(He catches her)

Klaus: What did you do?

Caroline: I didn't do anything. Stop it

(He looks at the Mystic Grill)

Klaus: Kol

(Alaric drags Kol in the alley behind the Mystic Grill. Damon and Stefan are here)

Damon: Tell the sexy doctor good work

(Klaus arrives, takes the dagger from Kol and throws Alaric against the wall. Stefan rushes toward him but Klaus throws him against a wall too. Then he rushes on Damon)

Klaus: I should have k*lled you months ago

Damon: Do it. That's not gonna stop Esther from k*lling you

Klaus: What did you say about my mother?

Damon: You didn't know I was friends with your mummy? Yeah, we have a lot in common. She hates you as much as I do

(Klaus is about to k*ll him but Elijah arrives)

Elijah: Leave him! We still need him, Niklaus

Klaus: What did mother do? What did she do, Elijah?

(Elijah takes his phone and looks at damon)

Elijah: You tell me where the witches are or I'll have my sister k*ll Elena right now

Damon: You told me we had until after 9:00

Elijah: I'm sure Rebekah'd be more than happy to start her work early

[The Caverns]

(Rebekah has woken up. She gets up and rushes through the caverns. Elena is running)

Rebekah: You can't hide, Elena! Not sure why I'm feeling under the weather. Must be your boys trying to find loophole. Won't Matter. I could chase you down on my worst day

(Elena arrives at the place where they hid Esther's coffins but Rebekah catches her before she can enter but Elena hits her and rushes in it)

Rebekah: You little bitch

(She tries to enter but can't)

Rebekah: What is this?

Elena: Sorry. No vampires allowed

[Meredith's Appartment]

(Meredith is helping Alaric. He tries to get up)

Meredith: No, no, no, no

Alaric: Listen, Elena's still out there. I need to go find her

Meredith: Shut up. Stay seated. You might have a concussion

Alaric: So this is your place, huh?

Meredith: Kind of a slob. Housekeeping is not high on my priority list

Alaric: I see that

(She looks at his eyes)

Meredith: Look at me. Pupillary response is normal. You might have a broken rib

Alaric: Well, that kind of sucks, getting my ass kicked on a date

Meredith: That's what you get picking fights with guys 30 times your age

Alaric: Yeah

Meredith: Rest. Damon and Stefan are gonna take care of Elena. I am going to take care of you

[The woods]

(Damon and Stefan arrive at the woods and park the car)

Damon: So how do we know they're gonna be at the old witch house?

Stefan: We don't, but if they're not, then we have about 10 minutes till Rebekah tears Elena apart

Damon: And if we sit this out, Esther completes her spell, Klaus dies, you get your revenge. It's what you wanted the whole time. The only collateral damage is...

Stefan: Elena

Damon: You know what she'd choose

Stefan: She'd let herself be k*lled to save a friend

Damon: Yep

Stefan: If we do this, it'll wreck her

Damon: Oh, she'll hate us. Thing is she only needs to hate one of us. Only one of us has to do the actual deed

Stefan: So who's it gonna be, brother?

(Damon takes a coin)

Damon: Heads, I do it. Tails, you do it

Stefan: Awful lot of effort for someone who pretends not to care about her anymore

Damon: Pot, kettle, brother

(He flips the coin. Stefan looks at it and then looks at Damon)

[The caverns]

(Elena is still in the part protected from the vampires. She looks around her and looks to see if Rebekah is still here. She isn't there)

Rebekah: Elena

(She comes back with a gasoline t*nk)

Rebekah: Let's pick it up where we left off

(Rebekah throws Gasoline on Elena and all around her)

Elena: What are you doing?

Rebekah: Thought I'd shake things up a bit

Elena: Are you insane?

Rebekah: I prefer spontaneous. That's probably why Damon likes me so much. Here's what's gonna happen

(She lits a match and throws it next to Elena. The ground is on fire)

Rebekah: You're gonna come outside... or you're gonna stay in there and burn. The next match is landing on you. So, Elena, how does it feel to know that these may be your last moments?

Elena: I don't know. You tell me. You're the one whose mother is trying to k*ll you

Rebekah: You should be very careful what you say to me

Elena: You're still wearing her necklace

Rebekah: Do you want it? Is that your last request? Here. It's all yours

(She tears the necklace from her neck and throws it at Elena)

Elena: She's not doing this because she hates you, Rebekah. She told me that she... she just doesn't have another choice

Rebekah: Spare me your pity, Elena. We're not girlfriends. You want me to prove it? Say the word

(She lights a match)

Elena: You're not gonna do it

Rebekah: And why is that?

Elena: Because there's still a chance that you might be alive tomorrow, and if that's the case, and you k*ll me now, you'll have used up all of your revenge. Wasted it. And isn't that what you want, revenge. Because I... I pretended to like you and then I stuck a dagger in your back? I mean, that's why you slept with Damon, isn't it? That's why you're tormenting me, because I hurt your feelings

(She drops the match)

Rebekah: The tough act doesn't suit you

Elena: I never said I was tough. We both know that I'm right

[Abandonned Witch House]

(Esther, Bonnie, Abby and Finn are outside. Finn looks at Esther)

Finn: They're coming, mother

Esther: No. It's too soon. The moon is not high enough. Go quickly

(Bonnie and Abby go inside the house. Klaus, Elijah and Kol arrive)

Esther: My sons, come forward

Finn: Stay beside me

Esther: It's ok. They can't enter

(She enters the pentagram and takes Finn's hand)

Kol: That's lovely. We are stuck out here while the favorite son plays sacrificial lamb. How pathetic you are, Finn

Esther: Be quiet, Kol. Your brother knows virtue you cannot even imagine

Elijah: Whatever you think of us, k*lling your own children would be an atrocity

Esther: My only regret is that I did no let you die a thousand years ago

Klaus: Enough. All this talk is boring me. End this now, mother, or I'll send you back to hell

Esther: For a thousand years, I've been forced to watch you, felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood. Even you, Elijah, with your claim to nobility you're no better. All of you... you're a curse on this earth stretched out over generations. If you've come to plead for your life... I'm sorry. You've wasted your time

(Bonnie and Abby are in the house)

Abby: This place has some serious vibe in it

Bonnie: The witch spirits will protect us from the originals, but we should get into the basement

(Bonnie goes into the basement but Abby hears a noise and doesn't go. Bonnie is in the basement and calls Abby)

Bonnie: Abby!

(She hears a noise and turns herself. Stefan's here)

Bonnie: Stefan, what's going on?

Stefan: They took Elena. They're gonna k*ll her unless we stop Esther

Bonnie: God, Stefan, I... I can't stop her. She's channeling us

Stefan: Bonnie, if you can't stop her... I have to find another way

Bonnie: Stefan, no. What are you gonna do? Even if you k*ll us, Esther's channeling every witch in our ancestry, living and dead

Stefan: Esther's drawing from the witches, and the only way to cut her off is if one of you is no longer a witch

(Damon is upstairs, behind Abby. He bites his neck and makes Abby drink his blood)

Damon: This'll only hurt a second

(He breaks her neck)

(Esther has her eyes closed)

Esther: No. Sisters, do not abandon me!

(The flames are stronger. Finn catches Esther. Kol hides his face. The fire shuts down. Finn and Esther have disapeared)

[The Caverns]

Rebekah: You can come out now. Seems your boys took care of the problem

Elena: How did they do that?

Rebekah: Damon turned your witch friend's mother into a vampire

Elena: What?

Rebekah: Quite clever, actually. They needed to sever the witch line, and, well, you can't be a witch and a vampire. In any case, you're free to go. Oh, and, uh, by the way, you were right. I do prefer taking my time watching you suffer. Much more satisfying

(She leaves)

[Caroline's House]

(Abby is laying on Caroline's bed still dead. Bonnie is next to her. Caroline is at the front door, talking to Elena)

Caroline: She doesn't want to see you

Elena: Please just let me talk to her

Caroline: Abby's in transition. It's gonna be really hard over the next few days, and if Bonnie needs some time to deal, then I think you should give it to her

Elena: She's always been there for me, Caroline. Please let me just be there for her, too

Caroline: I'm sorry, Elena. I know that you want to help, but put yourself in her shoes. Everything that happened tonight was to save you. And that's ok, because she loves you so much. But somehow she's always the one who gets hurt

Elena: Yeah. You're right. I just... Just tell her that I love her, ok?

Caroline: Of course I will

(Elena cries and leaves. Bonnie has hears everything. She's crying too)

[Salvatore's House]

(Damon is washing his hands. He puts his ring. Stefan enters)

Damon: Is she safe?

Stefan: Elijah ket his word. Rebekah let her go

Damon: Good. All's right in the world again

Stefan: I lost that coin toss, Damon. Should have been me who turned Abby. Why did you do it?

Damon: Cause I'm not blind. I see what's been going on around here. Hanging by threats, Stefan, barely over your last ripper binge, and all you want is to be the old Stefan again

Stefan: That part of me is gone for good

Damon: Oh, yeah? How long has it been since you had a drop of human blood?

Stefan: How'd you know?

Damon: Spend 146 years with someone, you kind of start to pick up on their tells. Into the question. How long has it been since your last drink?

Stefan: Since the night I threatened to drive Elena off the wickery bridge

Damon: See? You have enough to feel guilty about. Why add to the list? By the way, you're welcome

Stefan: You know, you're not fooling anyone either. You still love her, Damon

Damon: I do. I thought I could win her from you fair and square. She didn't want me. It's for the best. I'm better at being the bad guy anyway

(He leaves)

[Gilbert's House]

(Elena is in her bedroom. She finds a letter on her bed. She takes it and opens it. It's a letter from Elijah)

Elijah: Elena, today I did things I abhor to protect the one thing I value most, my family. If anyone can understand it, it's you. Your compassion is a gift, Elena. Carry it with you, as I will carry my regret. Always and forever, Elijah

[Klaus' House]

(Elijah is alone. Rebekah arrives)

Rebekah: Where the bloody hell is everyone?

Elijah: It's over, Rebekah

Rebekah: Where's mother?

Elijah: We have no mother, Only Esther, and Esther was right

Rebekah: What'd you mean?

Elijah: Although I talk of virtue, when it suits my needs, I k*ll, maim, and torment. Even today, I terrorized an innocent

Rebekah: Elena is hardly innocent

Elijah: And I used your hatred of her to get what I wanted... wielded you like I would a sword... my sister

Rebekah: You did it to protect us, Elijah, and rightly so. We deserve to live. We are better than they are

Elijah: Are we? Mother made us vampires. She didn't make us monsters. We did that to ourselves

(He leaves)

(Rebekah rejoins Klaus. He's burning his drawings of Caroline)

Klaus: I thought you'd have gone by now. Elijah's leaving. Kol's fled. Esther and Finn are gone, too

Rebekah: I hated you when I learned you k*lled our mother... But I realize now that after a thousand years together as a family, you're the only one who never left me

Klaus: Well, aren't we a pair?

Rebekah: There's something I think you need to see

(She shows him her phone)

Klaus: Come to brag about your skills as a torturer?

Rebekah: Look at the images on the wall behind Elena. The natives told the story of our family history. Look at the images on the far wall

Klaus: What is it?

Rebekah: A native worshiping at the white oak tree

Klaus: We burnt that tree to the ground

Rebekah: Look at the markings that precede it. That's the native calendar

Klaus: This can't be right

Rebekah: A white oak tree 300 years after we fled back to the old world. There must have been a sapling, a new tree to replace the old. That tree could k*ll us. It's not over, Nik

[Meredith's Apartment]

(Alaric wakes up and goes in the kitchen to take pain K*llers. He finds photos of the crime scenes, pictures of a w*apon and finds a Kn*fe. Meredith enters, a g*n in her hand)

Meredith: You weren't supposed to see that

(She sh**t)