04x06 - We all go a little mad sometimes

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

04x06 - We all go a little mad sometimes

Post by bunniefuu »

[Gilbert's House]

(Elena is in her bed but she can't sleep)

(She's in the kitchen. Connor appears behind her)

Connor: Can't sleep?

(She turns herself but he's not here. She looks around. He reappears)

Connor: You know... It makes sense. Guilty conscience

Elena: You're not here. I'm... I've got to be dreaming

Connor: Then how do you know that I'm not here?

Elena: Because you're...

Connor: Come on. Say it

Elena: Because you're dead

Connor: Yes. I am. Was that the first time that you've taken a human life?

Elena: You're a ghost. It's got to be... You're a ghost. That's... that's what's happening right now. Jeremy. Jeremy!

(He wakes up)

Elena: You're a ghost. You're haunting me. You're a ghost. You're haunting me

Connor: Can a ghost do this?

(He strangles her from behind. She punches him with her elbow and then pushes him on the table. He gets up and comes back toward her. She takes a Kn*fe and stabs him in the neck. She removes the Kn*fe. It was Jeremy)

Elena: Oh my god! Oh! Jer! Jer!

(He collapses)

Elena: Jer! Jer! No, no, no! No! No. No, Jer! Jeremy!

(Jeremy is on the couch, still dead. Elena and Damon are with him)

Elena: I can't believe this happened. What... what am I going to say to him?

Damon: Thanks for not ditching the family ring after it drove Ric crazy? You should have called Stefan

Elena: I don't want to talk to him. He's been lying to me, and hiding things from me. He compelled Jeremy to forget God knows what

Damon: In all fairness, I mean, I think you k*lling him kind of trumps that. I mean, you should have called Stefan

Elena: I don't trust him right now, Damon

(Stefan enters)

Stefan: Hey

Damon: P.S... I called Stefan

Stefan: What happened? Why didn't you call me?

Elena: I just... I need to go upstairs and shower. Clean all the blood off my hands

(She goes upstairs and Jeremy wakes up)

Stefan: Welcome back. How you feeling?

Jeremy: What happened?

Damon: Long story. Buy the e-book

(Stefan goes in Elena's bedroom. She's there)

Stefan: Elena? Hey. Listen, I know you're still upset about yesterday, and I get it. Believe me. But just... let me help you

Elena: I don't want your help right now, Stefan

Stefan: But you'll accept Damon's?

Elena: Don't make this about Damon! You've been working with Klaus doing God knows what, and don't insult me by trying to deny it

Stefan: Listen, it's not what you think, ok?

Elena: I don't know what to think but I do know that I don't want to talk to you and I don't really want to be around you right now

Stefan: Look, please, just...

Elena: No. This is my brother's blood on my hands, Stefan. I stabbed him in the neck last night, so forgive me if I'm not in the mood to listen you try to talk your way out of this

(She goes in the bathroom and slams the door)

[Lockwood's Mansion]

(A hybrid pours alcohol to Haley. Tyler enters and she looks at him, smirking)

Tyler: You're still going? I drank enough last night. And then I slept, which is what you guys should have done

Hybrid: We're just paying our respects to Dean

Tyler: That's great, Chris, but would you pay them at a bar instead?

Haley: Don't be mad. We're celebrating our fallen hybrid friend

(She makes him drink but he doesn't want to. She wipes his mouth with her finger and then sucks her finger, looking at him. Klaus enters)

Klaus: Well, don't let me interrupt

Tyler: I didn't know you were here

Klaus: Clearly. Thought I'd just pop 'round to celebrate Dean's successful retrieval of the vampire hunter. Yet when I arrived, I learned that not only was Dean unsuccessful, but that Elena k*lled the hunter

Haley: Well, maybe if you had let Dean use force on Connor instead of sending him in on a su1c1de mission...

Klaus: Maybe you should mind your business, wolf girl

Tyler: What do you care if Connor's dead, anyway?

Klaus: I have my reasons. They have ceased to matter. Cheers

(He drinks. Someone knocks on the door. Tyler opens. It's Caroline. She gives him a box)

Caroline: Brought your stuff. Old laptop, your Jersey, the charm bracelet

Tyler: Car... This isn't a good time

Caroline: Just take it

(Klaus rejoins them)

Klaus: Caroline. By the break-up drama unfolding before me, I assume you've met Haley. All right, come on, let's go. Let's leave them alone. Your talents are needed elsewhere

Tyler: For what?

Klaus: I think you've got more important things to deal with, mate

(He leaves, his hybrids following him. Caroline looks at Haley and closes the door. Then she smiles do does Haley)

Caroline: Do you think he bought it?

Haley: Hell, I bought it

Caroline: Thanks for the head's up that he was here, Haley

Tyler: You girls are good liars

(Then he kisses Caroline and Haley looks at them)

[Gilbert's House]

(Elena is in the shower. Suddenly, the water becomes blood. She looks at the water but it's normal. She looks ah the shower and there's blood. She takes a towel and gets out)

(Damon is in the kitchen, cleaning. Stefan enters)

Damon: Where'd Jeremy go?

Stefan: School. Bonnie has him volunteering for some occult exhibit

Damon: Or maybe he didn't want to linger in a house where his sister just jammed a Kn*fe in his neck

(Stefan's phone rings. He looks at it)

Stefan: It's Klaus

Damon: Ooh, time to face the music, pay the piper, dance with the devil

Stefan: You know, I'm glad you find this amusing. If he finds out I told you about the cure, he'll k*ll both of us

Damon: Quit avoiding him. You're being shady. Shady people get outed

(Stefan answers)

Stefan: I don't want to talk about it

Klaus: Well, I can't imagine why, what with you ruining all my plans for a hybrid-filled future

Stefan: Well, it wouldn't happened if you hadn't sworn me to secrecy

Klaus: Life's full of ifs, Stefan. Let's extenuate the positives, shall we? The hunter was one of five. We'll find another. It may take centuries, but we've got nothing but time, right?

Stefan: You're using your calm voice today. Who's getting k*lled?

Klaus: Not you, if that's what you're worried about. But I am concerned about your beloved. Have the hallucinations started yet?

(Stefan looks at Damon)

Stefan: What do you know about that?

Klaus: I'll tell you. Where you are?

Stefan: I'm at her house

Klaus: How convenient. So am i

(He arrives at the house and knocks on the door)

(Stefan opens the door and goes out)

Klaus: You know, this would all be a lot more civilized if I was just invited inside

Stefan: Bad enough I'm out here talking to you. What do you know?

Klaus: I k*lled the Original five hunters, remember? When one kills a hunter, there's a bit of a consequence

Stefan: What kind of consequence?

Klaus: Hunters were spelled by witches to k*ll vampires. If you prevent one from fulfilling his destiny, then he'll take you down with him

Stefan: What do you mean? Connor's dead

Klaus: I mean, Connor's death won't prevent him from making Elena his final vampire k*ll. She'll need to come with me now. I'll lock her up; keep her away from any sharp, wooden objects

Stefan: She's not going anywhere with you

Klaus: But if we leave her alone, she'll take her own life before the day is out

Stefan: She's stronger than that

Klaus: Is she? Believe me, it's for her own good

(Elena is in her bedroom, dressing up. She looks at herself in the mirror and then opens a drawer. Connor is behind her. She surprised and turns herself. He touches the blood on his neck)

Connor: Would you like some? You seem to enjoy it when you drink from me

Elena: I wasn't myself. I was angry

Connor: Were you yourself when you snapped my neck with your bare hands?

Elena: You staked me!

Connor: 'Cause you're a monster and you deserve to die. Admit it!

Elena: No

(She enters the kitchen. Damon's there but when he gets up, it's Connor)

Elena: Damon…

Connor: Decomposition starts in the first 24 hours. I'm rotting in an unmarked grave because of you

Elena: No!

(She runs and Damon looks at her)

Damon: What's wrong? Elena!

(She gets out. Klaus turns himself. He takes her and disappears. Damon comes out and looks at Stefan)

[Mystic Falls' High School]

(Jeremy looks at the tattoo on his hand. Matt rejoins him)

Jeremy: Hey, do you see anything on my hand? What if I told you I saw the beginning of a mark like Connor's?

Matt: Are you serious?

Jeremy: It showed up after he d*ed. He told me that I was a potential; that that's why I could see his mark

Matt: So what does that make you, like the next chosen one or something?

(April rejoins them)

April: Hey, guys

(She's holding a big roc)

Matt: Hey April

(Shane's there too)

Shane: Way to let her do the heavy lifting. I found her wandering the hallways with this. Just teasing. I'm the guy who wrangles all the freaky stuff, Atticus Shane. Please, call me Shane, I beg you. Thank you guys for helping, I really appreciate it. Y'all get free admission to my free exhibit

(He smiles and leaves. April look at them)

April: Why does he look so familiar?

Jeremy: No idea

April: Hey, um, have you guys seen Rebekah? She said she was going to help me look into what caused the expl*si*n at my dad's farm, and then she just...

Matt: Disappeared, yeah, I know

[Gilbert's House]

Bonnie: You lost her?!

Damon: Well, "lost" is a very strong word. We just technically don't know where she is

Stefan: I'm more worried about what Klaus said about this hunter's curse

Bonnie: How does Klaus even know about this?

Damon: How does Klaus know anything? The guy's like a billion year's old

Stefan: He said it was a witch's curse

Bonnie: You know if I could do anything to help, I would, but I...

Damon: But nothing. Wave your magic wand, hocus pocus, be gone, hunter, ghosts, whatever

Bonnie: The spirits won't let me do the magic I need to break the curse. But I can ask Shane for help. He knows everything about everything

Stefan: Great. You two do your thing

Damon: Where you going?

Stefan: To get her back

(He leaves)

[Klaus' Mansion]

(Chris opens the door to a room and Klaus enters with Elena, holding her)

Elena: Let go of me!

Klaus: Certainly

(He lets go of her)

Klaus: I apologize for the lack of windows. It's to preserve the art. And, of course, to prevent you from taking off your daylight ring and burning yourself to death in the sun

Elena: I'm not going to k*ll myself. I would never do that

Klaus: Oh, but you'll want to. I did. Problem is, I'm immortal

Elena: You went through this?

Klaus: Yes, I did. For 52 years, four months and nine days. I was tormented... In my dreams. My every waking moment. Relentless, never-ending t*rture. It was the only period of my life when I actually felt time

Elena: So you knew that this would happen if Connor d*ed. That's why you got involved. Did Stefan know, too?

Klaus: All he knew was that the hunter had to be kept alive. You should have listened to him when he said he had it covered, love

Elena: What else does Stefan know?

Klaus: Well, that's one of life's little mysteries, isn't it?

Elena: How did you make it stop?

Klaus: I didn't. Eventually it just stopped. The hallucinations tend to appear in strange forms. Don't say I didn't warn you

[A road]

(Stefan is on the phone with Caroline)

Stefan: He's got Elena. I need Tyler to get the other hybrids away so I can get her out. I know I'm probably asking the impossible, but...

Caroline: Actually... You're not

[Lockwood's Mansion]

(Stefan is in the living room with Tyler and Caroline)

Tyler: Haley is the one that helped me break the sire bond. She showed me what to do. How to help. When she showed up here, I thought it was just coincidence. But it turns out she's been helping one of them. Her friend Chris. And she came to help us get the rest of them out from under Klaus

Stefan: So… Are you telling me that Chris isn't sired anymore?

Caroline: That's exactly what he's telling you

[Klaus's Mansion]

(Chris enters Elena's room with some stuff)

Chris: Clothes, toothbrush. Klaus said you're going to be here until he figures out where to put you

Elena: Just please go away

(Chris leaves but Connor appears)

Connor: I can't. I'm going to be with you forever. A constant reminder of what you've become. So tell me. How did it feel to drain the life out of me?

Elena: It was horrible. It was the worst thing that I've ever done

Connor: You're lying

Elena: No, I'm not

Connor: Yes, you are. Tell the truth

Elena: I am telling the truth

Connor: You're lying

Elena: Fine! I liked it. I loved the taste of your blood. Are you happy?

Connor: I'm not happy, Elena. I'm dead. Did you know I had a family? A brother? Parents

Elena: I'm sorry. I'm really sorry

Connor: Are you sorry about your parents? It's your fault they d*ed

Elena: Don't

Connor: They ran off Wickery Bridge with you in the car, but they weren't supposed to be there, were they? They d*ed because of you. You know I'm not going to stop until you've taken your last miserable breath

Elena: I'm not going to let you do this to me

Connor: Then get rid of me. k*ll yourself. You never wanted to be a vampire in the first place. Now look at what you've become. A monster. And you deserve to die. You don't want to listen to me? Fine

(Katherine appears)

Katherine: Then how about you and I have a little chat

Elena: Katherine?

Katherine: Did you miss me?

(It's professor's Shane exhibit)

Shane: You're looking at what people believe to be the world's first tombstone. This item was donated to Whitmore college last month

(April, Matt and Jeremy are listening)

April: Oh, I just remembered how I know him. Through my dad

Matt: That guy knew your dad?

April: Yeah. He taught a theology seminar at Whitmore last year

Shane: ...belonged to a very powerful witch. A witch so powerful, in fact, that Silas... That was his name... Created a spell that would grant him... Immortality. Now legend says that Silas did the spell with the help of a lady witch who loved him, a woman named Qetsiyah. Sadly for Qetsiyah, Silas wanted to give immortality to another woman. So Qetsiyah k*lled her and buried Silas alive, leaving him powerless, immortal, and alone. This might actually be the origin story of hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

(Damon and Bonnie are here)

Damon: You got this?

Bonnie: Yeah. I'll bring him to you

Shane: Now it's said that Silas wants to rise again. Regain his power. Wreak havoc on the world. Maybe we should be afraid. Or maybe it's all a bunch of crap and that's just an old rock. All right, listen, enjoy exploring the exhibit. I'll be around to answer any questions. Thank you for coming

(He rejoins Bonnie)

Shane: Hey. You made it

Bonnie: Nice cautionary tale. Qetsiyah sounds like a bad ass

Shane: Nothing compared to Silas

[Klaus' Mansion]

Katherine: Ugh, don't you ever stop crying? Poor Elena, always the victim. Except now you're a k*ller. What does Stefan think of the new you?

Elena: Shut up

Katherine: The girl he fell in love with is gone, you know. You're like me now. Maybe worse

Elena: I made a mistake. I can do better

Katherine: No. You can't. You're a vampire. You'll k*ll again. It'll change you, and it'll keep changing you until you're just like me

Elena: I am nothing like you

Katherine: I was you before you even existed. And when Stefan knew the real me... He hated me. Now he's going to hate you, too. Well, at least you still have Damon

Elena: Shut up!

(Damon is sitting in Alaric's classroom, at his desk. He takes a bottle in a drawer and drinks)

Damon: You're missing all the adventure, pal

(Bonnie and Shane enter)

Bonnie: Shane, this is my friend Damon. He's kind of an expert on this stuff, too

Damon: I audited your class. It's very enlightening

Shane: That's right, I remember you. What's your specialty?

Damon: The origin of the species

Shane: Oh, I think Darwin would arm wrestle you for that distinction

Damon: Not that species

Shane: You're into the monster stuff. All right, awesome

Damon: I was kind of hoping that you might have stumbled upon this at some point... Maybe

(He gives him a paper. Shane opens him. Bonnie looks at him)

Shane: This is the hunter's mark. Where did you get this?

Damon: Came to me in a dream. You know anything about the hunter's curse?

Shane: Why, you got a dead hunter in the trunk of your car or something?

Damon: Metaphorically speaking

Shane: Legend says that if a hunter is k*lled by that which he hunts, then that person will be cursed to walk the earth and torment them till...

Bonnie: Until...

Shane: Until a new hunter's awakened and their legacy's passed on. They're called "potentials"

(Damon takes his phone)

Shane: Listen, I have a bunch of research on it, why don't I go grab it for you

Damon: That would be great. Hey, thanks

(Shane leaves)

Bonnie: How are we supposed to find a potential hunter?

Damon: Yeah, about that...

(He's on the phone)

Damon: Little Gilbert. Your services are needed

[Klaus' Mansion]

(Chris is in the living room with Tyler and Stefan)

Tyler: Thanks for meeting us

Chris: Yeah, well, make it fast. Klaus will be back soon

Tyler: No, he won't

[Mystic Grill]

(Klaus is at the bar, drinking wine. Caroline rejoins him)

Caroline: Place looks pretty good considering your hybrid got blown up in it

Klaus: Caroline. To what do I owe the pleasure?

Caroline: I want you to give Elena back

Klaus: Ahh. They sent you to sweet talk me. Well, good form, but I'm afraid I can't do it

Caroline: Why not?

Klaus: She needs my help. Look, I'm not going to burden you with the gory details. I know you have enough on your plate already

Caroline: That's none of your business, actually

Klaus: Yes, well, just know that if Tyler was still sired to me, he never would have hurt you. I wouldn't have let him. Can I at least offer you a drink?

Caroline: Yeah. Thanks

(He smiles)

[Klaus' Mansion]

(Stefan and Tyler are still there)

Stefan: All you need to do is give me access to Elena and I'll take it from there

Tyler: Please, man. Help us, and then you can disappear. You'll be free

Chris: Yeah, until Klaus sends one of his other hybrids after me

Tyler: Haley and I got your back. We'll make sure nothing happens

(Elena has her eyes closed. Katherine has reappeared)

Katherine: You were such a good girl when you were a human. Always willing to sacrifice yourself for your friends. Except, weren't they usually the ones that ended up getting hurt?

Elena: I never wanted that

Katherine: Bonnie lost her grams because of you. Her mom almost turned into a vampire because of you. You know, she probably secretly hates you. Did you ever think of that? I bet she'd be relieved if you were gone

Elena: I'm not going to k*ll myself

Katherine: Why not? Your very existence brings people nothing but pain. I mean maybe it was worth it when you were worth it. But you're nothing now. You're a monster, Elena. You deserve to die

(Chris rejoins the 2 hybrids guarding Elena)

Chris: Klaus said you two have to go to Tyler

Hybrid: Why

Chris: Something about his girl Caroline. I'll take over here

(He looks at the hallway. Stefan rejoins him. Chris gives him the key)

(Elena is sitting on the floor. Stefan enters)

Stefan: Elena. Hey

(She sees Connor instead of Stefan)

Elena: No. No, no, no

Stefan: Hey, it's me

Elena: No, stay... Stay away from me

Stefan: Let me help you

(She breaks a post from the bed and rushes over him)

Stefan: No, Elena, stop!

(But she sees Connor instead. She pushes him against the wall and stabs him in the gut. She leaves)

[Mystic Falls High School]

(Bonnie and Damon are in the cafeteria)

Bonnie: How did I not know any of this stuff about Jeremy?

Damon: The witch who loses her powers gets left out of the important conversations

(Jeremy rejoins them)

Jeremy: Is everything ok?! Is it Elena?

Bonnie: We figured out how to help her. You need to k*ll a vampire

Jeremy: Oh, great. Give me a stake. I'll k*ll Damon right now

Damon: Easy, van Helsing. We'll get you one. Don't worry

Bonnie: Before you do this, you need to know what you're getting yourself into

(Damon's phone rings. He answers. It's Stefan)

Damon: You can rest easy, brother. We figured out how to solve our little Elena problem

Stefan: Yeah, well, now we have a bigger one. I lost her

Damon: What? Again?

Stefan: She's in bad shape. I tried to help her, but she att*cked me. Listen, you go find her, all right? Talk her down. She'll listen to you. Just tell me what I need to do to end this

[Mystic Grill]

(Caroline is at the bar, looking at her phone. She receives a text from Stefan)

Caroline: So here's the thing. I didn't just come here to try to get you to release Elena

Klaus: You don't say

Caroline: I came here to distract you so that Stefan could go to your house and break her out, which he did. And don't get mad, but then he lost her

(He gets up quickly)

Caroline: Klaus!

Klaus: Caroline. You're beautiful, but if you don't stop talking, I will k*ll you

Caroline: They figured out how to stop the hallucinations

Klaus: Okay. You have 10 seconds to tell me

[Middle of Nowhere]

(Elena is walking, remembering everything that happened since her transformation. Connor appears next to her)

Connor: Are you ready to die yet? You know it's your only way out of this

(Katherine appears on her other side)

Katherine: You can't take back what you did. It can never be undone. You're a monster and you deserve to die

(She's at Wickery Bridge but she seems surprised. Katherine and Connor both disappear. She looks around and seems upset but resigned. She gets closer to the edge and looks at the water below. Her mother appears next to her)

Miranda: It's ok, sweetie

Elena: Mom?

Miranda: I know what you're going through. And it's ok. This bridge is... Where your life should have ended. Not just once, but twice. You were ready to die, remember?

Elena: I don't know what to do

Miranda: Yes, you do, honey. You know exactly what to do

(Miranda looks at Elena's hand and Elena does the same. She raises her hand and looks at her ring)

Miranda: That's right. The sun will come up and this will all be over. It's the right thing to do, Elena. You know it is. Admit it

Elena: Because I'm a monster. And I deserve to die. I can't do this. I can't leave Jeremy

Miranda: Jeremy is better off without you. Don't you see that?

Elena: But mom, he won't have anyone!

Miranda: He'll have you. You'll be a ghost who helps him, not a monster who hurts him

Elena: You're... you're right. I... I... I'm sorry. Mommy, I didn't mean to disappoint you

Miranda: Oh. You didn't. You were everything I ever wanted you to be. But you d*ed. And you were supposed to stay dead

(Damon arrives)

Damon: Elena

Elena: Damon? How... how did you find me?

Damon: Didn't take a genius to figure it out. The third time's a charm?

Elena: You were right, Damon. Vampires k*ll people. And Stefan was right, too. I can't live with myself

Damon: Look at you. Being all glass is half empty. Let's just go talk about this before you do something stupid. Okay?

Connor: The sun will be up soon. It's almost over

Damon: Where's your ring? Where's your ring, Elena?

[Lockwood's Mansion]

(Chris is there with Tyler and Haley)

Tyler: You're doing a good thing, Chris

Chris: Yeah, well, let's see how fast a good thing could get me out of town

Haley: Call me when you're safe, ok?

(She embraces him)

Chris: Yeah

(He opens the door but Klaus is there)

Klaus: Going somewhere?

(He strangles him and pushes him against the wall)

Klaus: When I said don't let her out of your sight, what did you think I meant?

Tyler: It's not his fault! It's mine. I was distracting him. It's my fault she got away!

Klaus: And maybe you should be the one to die for it

Haley: No one has to die!

Klaus: id I not say mind your business?!

Haley: Tyler's covering for me. I'm the one that let her go

Tyler: Haley…

Haley: You want someone dead, go ahead. k*ll me. I'd rather die anyway then end up as one of your sired little b*tches

Klaus: Don't tempt me, little wolf

(He looks at Chris)

Klaus: Your existence is to serve me. To please me. Do you understand?

Chris: I'm sorry. I won't fail you again

Klaus: No. You won't. Get out of here

(Stefan enters and stakes him in the guts)

Haley: No!

(Haley is shocked. Jeremy enters with an axe)

Tyler: Jeremy?

[Wickery Bridge]

Damon: We need to get you inside

(Connor appears)

Connor: It's almost time

Damon: What you're going through is a curse. We know how to break it, we just have to get you inside!

Connor: Don't let him stop you. I know you want to. But you can't. Don't

(Damon looks at the sky)

Damon: Damn it, Elena!

(He tries to catch her but he can't)

[Lockwood's Mansion]

Tyler: What the hell, man?!

(Klaus smiles)

Stefan: I'm sorry

(Stefan looks at Jeremy. Jeremy kills Chris. Haley screams. Jeremy has blood on his face. He looks at his hand. His tattoo grows)

[Wickery Bridge]

(Elena opens her yes and looks above Damon's shoulder)

Elena: He's gone

Damon: It's okay

(Her skin starts to burn)

Elena: Damon?

(He takes her and jumps in the water with her)

[Gilbert's House]

(Elena wakes up. She has her ring on her finger. She looks at it. Damon is sitting on her bed)

Damon: Fished it out of the river for you. Little tip... Vampires hate to swim. How you feeling?

Elena: My head's clear. I can remember everything, but not like I lived it. Like it was a really bad dream. You saved me. Thank you

Damon: Well, you know what they say about teenage su1c1de. Don't do it

Elena: I just can't believe that I almost...

Damon: You weren't yourself

Elena: Yeah, but if it wasn't for you...

Damon: I'm about to take a very... High and annoying road and tell you something. Because I know that you think Stefan's been lying to you. Which, yeah. He has. But this... rough patch that you two have been going through, it's not what you think. Everything that he's been doing, he's been doing for you. To help you. And after he kills me for telling you this, I want you to throw my ashes off of Wickery Bridge, ok? There may be a way out of this for you, Elena. There may be a cure

[Lockwood's Mansion]

(Haley is asleep on the couch. Tyler is sitting next to her, a bottle in his hand. Caroline enters)

Caroline: Tyler

Tyler: It's just us. Paying our respects to Chris

Caroline: Tyler... we didn't have a choice

Tyler: I told him we had his back. I told him if he helped us, he'd be free

Caroline: We needed to help our friend.

Tyler: Yeah, we helped our friend by handing over another friend

Caroline: Chris wasn't...

Tyler: Chris was a friend, Caroline. He's like me. He's part of my pack. All he wanted to do was be unsired by that disgusting piece of... How did you even get Klaus to agree to give up one of his hybrids?

Caroline: I agreed to go on a date with him. I just thought that it might help keep up the ruse between you and Haley

(He throws the bottle on the wall. Haley wakes up)

Haley: What the hell is going on?

Tyler: Nothing. Nothing at all. Just celebrating the life of a fallen hybrid friend

[Mystic Grill]

(Damon sits at the bar)

Damon: Bourbon. Make that two

(Matt rejoins him)

Matt: Still saving a spot for Mr. Saltzman, huh?

Damon: I'd say I'm in the market for a new drinking buddy. You're not qualified

Matt: I know that you don't like me. But I dug up some stuff about the expl*si*n at the Young farm that I kind of need to tell someone about. So April mentioned that her dad knew that professor Shane guy. Which wouldn't be creepy, except he had all that info about the hunter's curse. And we live in a town where, you know, anybody who knows stuff is creepy until proven otherwise

Damon: You're on the verge of impressing me. Drive it home

Matt: I got the sheriff to dig up the pastor's phone records. Turns out, he made like a call a day to the same number the last month he was alive. And on the day the council got blown up at the farm, he called it ten times. The office of professor Atticus Shane

[Whitmore College]

(Shane and Bonnie are in his office)

Shane: Did your, uh, did your friend Damon, did he get everything he was looking for in my files?

Bonnie: Yeah. Thanks. I, um... I have to ask, how do you know all this stuff?

Shane: Bonnie... I have been around the world ten times over. I've studied every supernatural creature known to man. And for the record, witches are hands down the most powerful, so I'm in your corner all the way, I'm your biggest ally. But let me just say one thing. When your new hunter, and I know you have one... When he completes his mark, you're going to want to come to me. 'Cause I'm going to be the only one who can help. Trust me on that, ok? The only one

[Gilbert's House]

(Stefan is on the porch. Elena comes out)

Elena: I'm sorry that I stabbed you

Stefan: No, it's all right. I probably deserved it. So, um... Damon told me that he clued you in

Elena: You didn't k*ll him, did you?

Stefan: Nah, screw the lies and the secrets. We all want the same thing. We just have to work together for it

Elena: Stefan... Why did you send Damon to come look for me instead of you?

Stefan: I sent him because lately... It seems like he's able to get through to you in ways that I can't. You listen to him. You trust him. Even when you can't trust me

Elena: I didn't mean to not...

Stefan: Come on, Elena. I mean, after everything that we've been through... You can admit it

Elena: You have been so strong for me. Helping me. Fighting for that girl that chose you. The girl that I was when I d*ed on the bridge. And I love you so much for wanting to find this cure, because I'd like nothing more than to get her back. Because the... The girl that she's become... That... That I've become, is different. Somehow. Darker. I... Who I am, what I want...

Stefan: Or... who you want?

Elena: Something's changed... Between Damon and me. Much more than it ever used to be. It's like... It's like everything that I felt for him before I was a vampire...

Stefan: It's been magnified. Your feelings for him have been magnified

Elena: I'm sorry. I don't want to lie to you

Stefan: You know, before, when I was the, uh... The ripper... I understood why you cared for him. I mean, I practically drove you to it. But now... I can't do this, Elena. Not anymore

Elena: I know