04x12 - A View to k*ll

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

04x12 - A View to k*ll

Post by bunniefuu »

[Rebekah's House]

(Stefan wakes up in Rebekah's bed. He seems confused and turns himself. Rebekah is sleeping. He slowly gets up and dresses up hurriedly. He opens the door to leave but Klaus' here)

Klaus: Leaving so soon?

(Rebekah is awake and putting a robe)

Rebekah: I don't appreciate you invading my privacy like some kind of creeping Tom

Klaus: Well, I apologize for breaking up this sordid little tryst, but I do have some urgent business. Or have you forgotten that our paranoid brother Kol is running around with a white oak stake and homicide on the brain?

Rebekah: He tried to k*ll me last night. I didn't forget

Klaus: Yes. Well, unfortunately, he seems to have absconded with my set of daggers

Rebekah: Oh, poor Nik. However will you get your way without your precious daggers? They were so handy when you wanted to end a conversation with one of us

Klaus: Kol's irrational fear of Silas has pushed him off the edge. We need to put him down before he does any more damage. Now, I know you have the last dagger, and I know you have some white ash, so hand it over

Rebekah: Hmm. And leave myself unprotected? You can file that request under "no chance in hell." Be gone by the time I've showered. Lurkers aren't welcome here

(She goes to the bathroom)

Klaus: I need that dagger, Stefan. Talk some sense into her.

Stefan: Why don't you talk some sense into her? I'm headed home to play prison guard to Damon. He's on lockdown ever since Kol compelled him to k*ll Jeremy last night

Klaus: You see? That's my point exactly. If you let Kol run free, then Jeremy won't live to see his junior prom, and we can kiss our map to the cure good-bye. But if you help me dagger Kol, Damon will be uncompelled, Jeremy will live, and we'll all be on our merry way to a human Elena

[Gilbert's House]

(Elena is cleaning. Matt and Jeremy are playing video games. She's on the phone with Bonnie)

Elena: Where are you?

Bonnie: I told Caroline I'd take her place at decade dance prep, but none of the rest of you showed

Elena: I know. I'm sorry. I had to, though. I've got Jeremy under house arrest because Kol wants to k*ll him. And Klaus wants to take him on some vampire-slaying road trip. And since neither of them were invited in, it's the only place that I can keep him safe

Bonnie: Why does it sound like you're under fire?

Elena: Apparently I'm living in a fraternity house now

Jeremy: I'm training

Matt: Me too

Elena: Train yourself to do some dishes. And put these weapons away before someone tries to use one on me

Bonnie: Well, it's hard for me to look forward to this dance while you're trapped in your house

Elena: Listen, I have a plan to put an end to all of this. I want Jeremy to k*ll Kol

Bonnie: You want him to k*ll an original?

Elena: Think about it. Kol's sire line must stretch to the moon by now. If Jeremy kills Kol, every vampire that he's ever turned, not to mention everyone that they've turned, will die, which means the Hunter's mark will be complete, and we'll have our key to finding the cure

Bonnie: I'm on my way. We'll figure it out. Do you think Caroline will notice if there's only 89 red balloons?

Elena: Actually, probably yes

(She washes her hands but they burn and she lets go of the phone. She takes her phone back)

Elena: sorry

Bonnie: What happened?

Elena: I don't know. There's something in the water

[Mystic Falls' High School]

(Bonnie is in the hallways and is on the phone)

Bonnie: Are you serious? You dumped vervain into the water supply? Where did you even get it?

Rudy: I have my sources. I'm also reinstating the curfew and canceling all town events

Bonnie: Dad, there's the dance tonight

Rudy: Not anymore

Bonnie: Are you serious?

Rudy: Honey, I'm trying to protect you, not punish you. The well-being of this town is my job now

Bonnie: No. Dad, it's mine, and I've been doing fine without you getting involved

Rudy: You've been doing fine? Would you like me to read you all the names of the people that have gone missing or d*ed in tragic accidents in your senior year alone? Head straight home, please. We're having a family meeting

(They hang up. Kol rushes on Bonnie and strangles her)

Kol: No one can get to the cure if you're too dead to find it

(He's about to bite her but she uses her powers on his. He kneels and screams. She makes her escape while he's suffering)

[Salvatore's House]

(Damon is still in the cell. He hears someone coming. It's Stefan)

Damon: Gonna snap my neck again? Because I woke up feeling completely unmurderous, and I'm pretty sure that it's safe to set me free

(He throws him a vial of blood)

Damon: You practically bled me dry. At least spring for a bag or something. I'm thirsty

(Stefan puts a bottle of water on the door)

Damon: Not exactly what I had in mind

(He gets up to take the bottle and sees Klaus)

Klaus: Hello mate

Damon: What the hell are you doing here?

Klaus: babysitting

Stefan: Give him a vial of blood every couple of hours so he doesn't desiccate. If he gets too much strength back or if he just annoys you, bleed him out again

Damon: Silent treatment uh? He's still pissed at me for sleeping with Elena

Klaus: Are you sure about that? Because I caught him trying to sneak out of Rebekah's bed this morning, which would suggest to me that he's moved on

Damon: Well, well. Looks like my brother ripped out a page of my revenge sex handbook

Stefan: Well, why don't you two enjoy your little, uh, villain bonding time? I'll let you know when I get the dagger from Rebekah

(He leaves)

(Stefan is upstairs. His phone rings. It's Elena)

Stefan: Damon's fine. With all the creature comforts he deserves

Elena: That's not why I called. Kol just tried to k*ll Bonnie

Stefan: What? Is she ok?

Elena: Yeah, just shaken up. She managed to hold him off, but Kol seems pretty intent on murdering anyone who's looking for that cure

Stefan: Yeah. Klaus has me trying to convince Rebekah to give up her dagger so we can take care of Kol

Elena: I don't want to just dagger Kol. I want Jeremy to k*ll him

Stefan: What did you say?

Elena: Bonnie says she's got all this crazy new power. She thinks she can hold him long enough for Jeremy to get a clean sh*t

Stefan: And then what, huh? Klaus and Rebekah will k*ll every single one of us out of spite. They may be dysfunctional, bickering lunatics, but they stick together no matter what

Elena: That's why you need to find the dagger and use it on Rebekah. She can't come looking for revenge if she's lying in a box

Stefan: I can't do that

Elena: I know you can't because vampires can't use the dagger, but Matt can. It's not like she doesn't deserve it. And Bonnie thinks that she can get Klaus out of the picture, too, at least temporarily. Once we get this cure, none of this will matter because we can use it against them

Stefan: All right, fine, but how do you plan to lure Kol in?

[Middle of Nowhere]

(Kol is walking alone and listening to music. His phone rings)

Kol: Jeremy Gilbert. Nice to see I'm still on your speed dial, mate. Hey, you want to meet up at the batting cages in Denver?

[Gilbert's House]

(It's Elena on the phone and not Jeremy)

Elena: Actually, it's Elena Gilbert

Kol: What a treat. Yeah, I was just thinking of all the clever ways I could have your brother k*lled, but I'd settle for ripping off his illustrated arm instead

Elena: I need to talk to you--in person. I want to call a truce in the name of Silas

Kol: You want to talk about Silas?

Elena I'll meet you wherever you want. I'll come to you

Kol: I'll tell you what. How about I come to you?

(The doorbell rings. Matt leaves)

Kol: Open the door and invite me in. I'm waiting. Let me in, and let's talk truce. Hello?

Elena: Wouldn't it be kind of stupid to invite you in?

Kol: On the contrary. I can't k*ll your brother with my own two hands, or I'll suffer the hunter's curse and spend the next 20 years trying to off myself in gruesome ways. And I've heard that vervain's back in town, so I can't compel you to k*ll him either. So I think it's fair to say you're semi-safe, for now

Jeremy: I'm the only one who can invite him inside

Kol: He's right, obviously

(She opens the door)

Kol: You'd think being alive for over 1,000 years would teach me some manners, but I couldn't resist stopping by

Elena: If I let you in, my brother goes. You're not getting near him

Kol: Fair enough

Jeremy: You can come in

(He leaves)

Kol: No gold medal for bravery, I see. Another thing I love about the modern age is music anytime you like. So, is the part where you offer me a drink so we can have a proper chat?

[Rebekah's House]

(Rebekah is looking at clothes. Stefan enters)

Rebekah: The colors, the fabric, the eighties were just tragic. You know, I think shoulder pads rival 17th-century Puritan smocks for crimes against fashion

Stefan: Looking for something to wear to the dance?

Rebekah: Why? Are you asking me to a date?

Stefan: Actually, it was canceled

Rebekah: So why are you here? Back for more dagger talk?

Stefan: Somebody has some trust issues

Rebekah: It's called a healthy skepticism. I know you were trying to sneak out this morning. I'm not stupid

Stefan: Sorry. I'm still trying to get used to this

Rebekah: Do you regret it?

Stefan: No

Rebekah: Do you want it to happen again?

Stefan: Maybe

Rebekah: Even if I don't give you the dagger?

Stefan: You think that I would sleep with you just to get the dagger?

Rebekah: Don't give me that innocent look. You've done plenty to me in the name of getting what you want. Well, I guess I should pack up these racks. Just another failed attempt at getting to a high-school dance

Stefan: Why do you care so much about a high school dance?

Rebekah: I don't. I was just bored

Stefan: Right. Well, we can still go. If you want?

Rebekah: Not if it's canceled, we can't

Stefan: Since when do you care about the rules?

[Salvatore's House]

(Klaus is with Damon in his cell)

Klaus: You know, none of this would be an issue if you'd have just done your job properly. I was perfectly willing to let you train Jeremy

Damon: No, you weren't. Are you kidding? You got there on day two. Do you know how hard it is to get these X-Box brains to focus?

Klaus: And then when I turned a room full of barflies into vampires for him to slaughter, you let Kol k*ll them

Damon: Your brother problem, not mine, buddy

Klaus: And whose bright idea was it to saddle Jeremy with a conscience, hmm?

Damon: Well, we couldn't have him trying to stake Elena in her sleep, now, could we?

Klaus: Ah, yes, for the love of Elena. How is it that she manages to overlook every horrific thing you've ever done? Is it willful ignorance or perhaps something more pathological?

Damon: Some people are just more capable of forgiveness than others. Bet you score about a negative 500 in that realm

Klaus: Come on. There must be a secret. It can't just be the sire bond. What is it? Compulsion? Manipulation? What is it you say to her?

Damon: I think this has something to do with a certain blond vampire. I think you m*rder*d Carol Lockwood, and I think you're worried that Caroline's never going to forgive you

Klaus: You've done worse

Damon: Debatable. See, I don't mind being the bad guy, because somebody has to fill that role and get things done. You do bad things for no reason. You do them to be a d*ck

Klaus: Debatable

Damon: If you're gonna be bad, be bad with purpose. Otherwise you're just not worth forgiving

[Gilbert's House]

(Kol is playing video games. Elena comes back with a bottle)

Elena: Sorry, I have to take up the old people alcohol

Kol: Yeah, that's the problem with people today. They have no drinking imagination. Turn-of-the-century New Orleans… now, they knew how to make a drink

Elena: You lived in New Orleans?

Kol: We all did, till Niklaus shoved a dagger in my heart

Elena: Why? What did you do?

Kol: What makes you think I did anything? Has your alliance with my brother softened you to his horrors?

Elena: I don't have an alliance with Klaus; we had a mutual interest in finding the cure. That's all

Kol: Had?

Elena: Yes. And I'm willing to give up looking for it if you promise to leave my brother alone. Now can you teach me how to make this? I'll get some ice

[A Street]

(Jeremy is walking alone and leaving a voicemail to Bonnie)

Jeremy: Bonnie where are you, I've called, like, 17 times. Kol is in our house. We need you. Ok, I'm headed to your house now

[Gilbert's House]

Kol: Would you like one?

Elena: Sure. Why not? You're really good at that game. Especially considering you've been locked up in a coffin for a hundred years

Kol: I'm a quick learner. Speedy reflexes. It's not much like the real thing, though, is it? You have k*lled, haven't you? Or are you one of those Mary Sue vampires?

Elena: I k*lled...once. I'm guessing your number is a lot higher than mine

Kol: You lose track over the years. So are we going to talk about Silas or just jibber jabber?

Elena: No one else seems to think Silas exists. So why do you?

Kol: I used to run with some witches in Africa in the 14th century, Haiti in the 17th century, New Orleans in the 1900s. They all knew about Silas and that he needed to stay buried. I actually hold witches in high esteem

Elena: Yeah, but why Silas? Why are you so afraid of him?

Kol: They said if Silas rises, he'll unleash hell on earth. I happen to like earth just the way it is

Elena: That's pretty Biblical

Kol: Well, that's the other problem with people today. They've lost faith, and in that loss, they no longer know who they should fear

[Bennett's House]

(Bonnie is in the living room looking for something. Rudy enters)

Bonnie: I have to get to Elena. Have you seen my phone?

Rudy: I've got your phone, and I've got your car keys. And I told you we are having a family meeting

Bonnie: Is that something you read in a book? Because we have never had a family meeting

Rudy: I've let this go on long enough. Shane said you and your magic are like a ticking time b*mb

Bonnie: And I told you he's crazy

Rudy: I lost your mother to witchcraft. I don't intend to lose you

Bonnie: It's not your life. It's mine

(Jeremy pounds on the door. Rudy opens)

Jeremy: Hey, is Bonnie here?

Rudy: She's busy

Jeremy: It's important

(Bonnie rejoins them)

Bonnie : What's going on?

Jeremy: I've called you, like, a hundred times. Kol is in our house

Bonnie: I have to go

Rudy: I said no

Bonnie: Stop telling me what to do!

(April arrives)

April: No one's going anywhere!

Bonnie: Mom?

Rudy: Abby, please come in

Bonnie: What are you doing here?

Abby: Your father called. Who's Professor Shane? What has he been teaching you?

Jeremy: Bonnie, we don't have time for this

Rudy: This is a family matter

Jeremy: My sister's in trouble. We need Bonnie's help

April: My daughter is done helping Elena Gilbert. Now get out

Bonnie: Mom!

April: Answer my question. What lies has this professor been telling you?

(Jeremy tries to k*ll her but Bonnie stop shim)

Bonnie: Don't! Jeremy! Hey, stop! Stop. Don't hurt her. She's my mom. Look at me. Just go, Okay? I'm right behind you

(He leaves. She looks at her parents)

Bonnie: You wanna talk? Let's talk

[Gilbert's House]

(Kol is looking at o picture of Jeremy and Elena. She rejoins him with a bottle)

Elena: So we're out of gin but I think this is a good year

Kol: What if I said I don't believe you?

Elena: Ok, you got me. I don't know anything about wine

Kol: Just seems odd that you being so willing to give up something you want so much

Elena: I would do anything for my brother. And if what you're saying about Silas is true, what does it matter what I want if it puts everyone else in danger?

Kol: Well, this has been an enlightening. Thanks for the drinks. I'll take your request for truce under advisement

Elena: Is there any chance that you can be wrong about Silas?

Kol: Trust me, Elena. Some things are better left buried

(He leaves)

[Mystic Falls High School]

(Stefan and Rebekah enter the gym)

Rebekah: Think I saw a horror movie that started just like this. Did you know they play movies on TV all night long now? Hundreds of them. So much better than those silly black-and-white picture shows we use to go to

(He puts the lights on)

Stefan: I don't know. Kind of miss the old ones. I'll let you pick. Nothing cheesy

Rebekah: Oh, that leaves out about half the decade

Stefan: Hope you like the cure

Rebekah: Funny

(He puts music on)

Rebekah: So is everything about the eighties so... excessive?

Stefan: I think, it had its charm. "Say anything"… Lloyd Dobler standing outside of a bedroom window with a boom box over his head desperately trying to get back the girl of his dreams. "Princess Bride"… Wesley slays giant rats for love. "Breakfast Club"…one detention turns a bunch of outcasts into allies

Rebekah: So it was a decade of sentimental drivel, as well

Stefan: Well, I was gonna say love, friendship, Possibility of anything happening. You would've loved it

Rebekah: And why is that?

Stefan: Because, as much as we both hate to admit it, we care about those things

(He shows her a box)

Rebekah: That better not be a corsage. I loathe corsages

(He puts something on her dress)

Stefan: These were all the rage in the eighties. Let's dance
[Gilbert's House]

(Jeremy enters, aiming his g*n. Elena rejoins him)

Elena: I'm sorry. He left. I mean, I tried to stall as long as I could

(The doorbell rings)

Jeremy: That's Bonnie. She was right behind me

(She opens the door but it's Kol)

Kol: I've considered your request for truce. Request denied

(She closes the door)

Kol: I'm sorry. I've already been invited in!

(He kicks the door but they're not here)

Kol: Hide and seek? Fine by me

[Bennett's House]

Bonnie: Dad needs to mind his own business; he had no right to call you here

Abby: It's not just your father, Bonnie. Witches talk. Word gets around

Bonnie: I found a new way to practice. It's unconventional, but I can handle myself, I promise

Rudy: That's not what Shane said

Bonnie: Shane is sitting in a jail cell right now. You're gonna take his word over mine?

Abby: I've warned you about dark magic before

Bonnie: It's not dark magic. It's expression, and I need it. They found a cure, Mom. There's a cure for vampirism, and I can do the spell to access it. I can save you, but I have to go... now

Abby: I'm not the one that needs to be saved. You are

[Salvatore's House]

(Klaus is still in the cell with Damon)

Klaus: Your brother's lack of communication is infuriating

Damon: It's one of his trademarks, like his brooding and his hair

Klaus: I don't understand what's taking so long. I mean, how hard is it to steal a dagger?

Damon: From the vampire who's been stabbed by it as many times as your sister, I'd say difficult

Klaus: You disappoint me, Damon. You're not trying very hard to get out of here. I expected more the daring escape artist, less the cell potato

Damon: Well, I am compelled to k*ll Jeremy, so I figured it's probably smarter to sit in there and chitchat with you than try to bust out of here like the Hulk

Klaus: How do you think Elena felt about that, by the way? Your inability to overcome Kol's compulsion for a single moment, even though it meant k*lling the person she loves the most in the world?

Damon: She met me. She knows impulse control is not my strong suit

Klaus: Still, must be hard trying to live up to Stefan. I remember when I compelled him to feed on Elena, he fought so hard, he actually managed to resist. Now, that's love

Damon: What do you know about love?

Klaus: I know that you're in love with Elena, but I think you're afraid of what might happen when we find the cure at the end of the rainbow. Personally, I don't see a fairy-tale ending for you? All I see is Stefan and Elena. I think you see the same thing

(His cellphone rings. He answers)

Klaus: Well, if it isn't the happy homicidal maniac

Kol: Do you know that your darling former blood bag and her brother are trying to k*ll me?

Klaus: What?

Kol: Don't pretend like you're not in on it. Your obsession to find the cure clearly trumps any sibling loyalty you

once felt

Klaus: I don't know what you're talking about

Kol: I'm going to rip off Jeremy's arm and k*ll Elena just for sport. Then I'm coming for you

(He hangs up. Klaus looks at Damon)

Klaus: What the hell is going on?

Damon: I don't know

Klaus: What are Stefan and Elena planning?

Damon: I don't know. I've been stuck in the penalty box with you since yesterday. Stefan won't talk to me, And Elena won't come to see me. So maybe you're right. Maybe she's written me off

(Klaus strangles him and compels him)

Klaus: Tell me what you know

Damon: I don't know anything about a plan

Klaus: You stay here till I return

(He leaves)

Damon: I will stay here until you return... or not

(Rebekah is alone is the gym. She dances and kicks some balloons. Stefan comes back with a bottle)

Stefan: It's amazing which you can find stashed away in the teachers' lounge

Rebekah: This song is not as terrible as the other ones

Stefan: This song is the Godfather of rock anthems, ok?

Rebekah: What's going on with you? You're... fun tonight

Stefan: I can't listen to this music without thinking of my best friend Lexi. We spent most of the eighties together. I remember this one time she snuck us backstage and compelled half the band to do tequila sh*ts with us before the show. She was fearless, kind of like you

Rebekah: So you slept with her, too?

Stefan: No. It wasn't like that. I was just a better person when I was with her. I didn't think I'd ever feel that way again

Rebekah: Until Elena

Stefan: Until Elena. And now that's over

Rebekah: That look right there, that is why I don't let myself care

Stefan: Well, you can say that, but we both know it's not true

(A balloon explodes and Stefan is surprised)

Rebekah: Don't worry. I'll protect you if Kol tracks his way to this abandoned dance. I think I'll choose next song

Stefan: No. You know what? I've a better idea. That way

Rebekah: Well, you coming?

[Gilbert's House]

(Kol is running after Elena through the house. They fight. He enters Jeremy's room and Jeremy sh**t him but he catches the stake)

Kol: You missed

(Elena sh**t him with a g*n nonstop)

Elena: Go!

(Jeremy leaves but Kol throws a stake in her thigh. He goes after Jeremy, punches him and throws him in the stairs. Elena arrives and jumps on him but he catches her and pushes him against the wall. In stakes her in the guts and looks at Jeremy)

Kol: Now, about that arm?

(Stefan and Rebekah are in the hallways. He slides down the hallway. Rebekah looks at him)

Stefan: Like that!

Rebekah: This is ridiculous

Stefan: Well, that's the whole point of the "Breakfast Club" slide. It's supposed to be ridiculous

(She rushes toward him with her vampire speed)

Stefan: No. That's… That's cheating

Rebekah: What is fun about hurtling down a hallway like a teenage imbecile?

Stefan: You're just gonna have to do it to find out

(She tries but she can't do it)

Stefan: All right. It's the shoes. Take off your shoes, you'll be fine, ok?

(She understands and takes the dagger out)

Rebekah: This is what you want right? Go ahead. Take it. You're right, I do care. I want stupid koala corsages and a prom. I want to have kids with someone who loves me enough to stand outside my window with a stupid boom box. I want to be human. So let Klaus put down my brother and let's go find the cure

Stefan: Come on, let's go

[Bennett's House]

(Bonnie is unconscious. Abby is making something with herbs)

Rudy: You drogued her?

Abby: Just enough to keep her down until I can get some witches here to clean her mind from that poison that professor has been teaching her

(Bonnie is awake and standing)

Bonnie: That's not happening

Abby: Bonnie please

(Bonnie uses her powers on her. Abby suffers)

Bonnie: I don't belong to the spirits anymore. I belong to myself. Sorry

(She leaves)

[Gilbert's House]

(Jeremy is tied in the kitchen. Kol has a meat grinder in his hand)

Kol: Now, like I said, I don't fancy the hunter's curse. So I'm just gonna chop off your arm, but don't worry. I'll heal you right up with a bit of blood after. Sorry about the sting. Now, which arm is it? Is it left or right? I'll just chop off both to be safe

(Elena arrives and att*cks him. She manages to stop him with the meat grinder)

Elena: Jeremy, now!

(Jeremy kills Kol. Klaus is in the doorway and has seen his brother's death)

Klaus: What did you do?

Elena: We didn't have a choice. He was trying to cut off Jeremy's arm

Klaus: Lies. He never would've gotten inside if you hadn't have set a trap for him

Elena: You said you were gonna put him down, too

Klaus: I was gonna make him suffer on my terms! I want to burn this house to the ground, and then when you try to flee for your lives, I'll k*ll you both without blinking

Jeremy: You k*ll us, you'll never get to the cure. You'll never be able to make any more hybrids

Klaus: You really think I care for an instant about my bloody hybrids? I want the cure so I can destroy it. I would've k*lled you all the second we dug it up, but now I'm just gonna watch you burn instead

(Then he holds his head and kneels, in pain. Bonnie arrives)

Bonnie: Invite him in. Do it

Jeremy: Come in

(They run, Klaus tries to att*ck them but he can't touch them)

Bonnie: Living room. Go

(They go in the living room. He's trapped)

Klaus: Witch, you can't do this to me

Bonnie: You have no idea what I can do now

Klaus: I will hunt all of you to your end! Do you hear me?! Do you?!

[Rebekah's House]

(Rebekah is crying)

Rebekah: I don't believe you. Kol is not dead. He can't be

Stefan: Listen, Rebekah. They didn't have a choice. Kol started this when he went after Jeremy. He went after you, too. Do you remember? I mean, he was never gonna let us find the cure

Rebekah: So you knew. This whole night, you knew

Stefan: I'm not gonna let the people that I care about get hurt. Not Jeremy, not Elena, not even Damon. And you can hate me for it. Now he can't hurt you, either. And I want us to find this cure together, you and me. Not just for Elena, but for you. So you can have what you want. You can be who you want. You can be human again. Everyone deserves a second chance right?

Rebekah: Why would I trust you?

Stefan: I don't know. I guess I could give you my word, but at the end of the day you'll just have to take a leap

[Salvatore's House]

(Elena and Bonnie are watching Jeremy)

Jeremy: Didn't work

Bonnie: It took time for Finn's line to die off. Remember? It'll work

Jeremy: What if it doesn't?

(Damon enters)

Damon: Where's that Gilbert optimism? Sorry I missed all the excitement

(Elena embraces him)

Elena: I'm just happy to see you

Damon: So I guess I didn't miss much

(Stefan arrives with Silas' headstone)

Stefan: Got the Silas's headstone

Elena: We're just waiting for Jeremy's mark to grow. Klaus is trapped in our living room

Bonnie: Temporarily. I drew the new moon to bind the spell. Got three days to find that cure, four max

Jeremy: If we don't, we might as well look up Katherine Pierce and see if she wants some company in hiding 'cuz he will come after us

Elena: We'll find it. Now we've got Rebekah taken care of, all we need is Professor Shane, and we'll have everything we need

Stefan: Yeah, I didn't uh...I didn't dagger her

Elena: What? Why not?

Stefan: I didn't need to, she's on our side

Elena: On our side? Did you just say that?

Stefan: Yeah. She handed over the headstone; I mean she wants to find this cure more than anyone of us

Elena: Why would you possibly think that you could trust her?

Damon: Let me guess. She pledged her allegiance to you while you were naked in the sack

Stefan: I bet you're just dying to get that out, weren't you Damon?

Damon: Oh was this supposed to be secret? Maybe you should make that a little clearer while you're bleeding me dry in our cellar

Stefan: Yeah. To keep you from k*lling Jeremy

Elena: Stop it, both of you

Stefan: Now why don't you tell her to calm down, Damon? You've managed to use that sire bond pretty well so far, haven't you?

(Damon punches him. Jeremy screams and rips his shirt off)

Jeremy: It's happening

Elena: Oh my god

Jeremy: What? You can see it?

Damon: Here we go