05x01 - I Know What You Did Last Summer

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

05x01 - I Know What You Did Last Summer

Post by bunniefuu »

5x01 - I Know What You Did Last Summer

Previously on "The Vampire Diaries"...

I'm Elena.

I'm Stefan.

Stefan voice-over: Love brought me to Mystic Falls.

Elena voice-over: Love drove me away.

Elena voice-over: I am not sorry that I am in love with you, Damon.

We've all made sacrifices.

Phasmatos, raverus un animun. [Gasp]

Bonnie voice-over: I did a spell that brought you back. You can see ghosts. We can talk.

Jeremy voice-over: No, you can't be dead.

Uhh!

Elena voice-over: Have a nice human life, Katherine. But our greatest thr*at is still out there.

Silas.

Hello, my shadow self.

Man: Ooh!

Uhh!

Silas voice-over: And he looks just... Like... Me.

Elena, voice-over: Hey, Bonnie. How is the summer almost over, and yet I feel like I got nothing done?

[Music playing]

[Laughter]

Elena, voice-over: Sounds like you're having fun traveling with your mom. I still don't know how I'm supposed to do this whole college thing without you.

[Laughs]

Elena, voice-over: And Caroline agrees. She spent the summer designing the color palette for her dorm room while Tyler's been away helping some wolf pack in Tennessee.

Caroline, on phone: Don't worry. I already sent them your application, Tyler. All you have to do is register for classes and show up.

[Tape ripping]

Elena, voice-over: Matt and Rebekah have been sending postcards. I think that they're in Amsterdam now, or was it Prague? I can't keep track. And honestly, I'm not sure I really want to.

Chci te misto.

Elena, voice-over: Anyway, I can't wait to see you. When do you get back? Love, Elena.

Jeremy: Dear Elena.

Bonnie: Wait. Don't start with "dear."

Jeremy: It's bad enough you're dead. Now you're a control freak?

Bonnie: I'm just saying. People don't say "dear" anymore.

Jeremy: Fine. How about "hey, Elena, what's up?"?

Bonnie: Thank you.

Bonnie, voice-over: Hey, Elena. What's up? You guys have no idea how much I miss you. I've been e-mailing with Jeremy. He says it's been surreal to be alive.

Elena: Hey, um, sor... I thought you left.

Jeremy: I did. Uh, 5 hours ago.

Elena: Well, there's... there's pizza in the fr...

Bonnie, voice-over: If Katherine ingesting the only cure on this earth and having to live as a human isn't justice...

[Indistinct shouting]

Bonnie, voice-over: I don't know what is. I miss you guys. I'm glad you're having a great summer. P.S. Have you heard from Stefan?

Damon: You ok?

Elena: Yeah. I've just got this weird feeling, like something bad's about to happen.

Damon: Well, it is.. You're leaving tomorrow. You're trading all this for communal showers and a meal plan.

Elena: Can't you just be a normal boyfriend and support me as I attempt to have a normal college experience?

Damon: I'd rather ply you with champagne and spend the night convincing you to stay.

[Giggles]

Hmm.

[Sigh]

[Sigh]

[Gurgling]

Jeremy: There were issues at home. Ever since I lost my parents and my aunt, I've been acting out. dr*gs, drinking. I was looking for attention, so, I lit my house on fire and faked my own death.

Elena: Really stress the drug thing, and I'd definitely say that the fire was an accident, because there's crazy and then there's... Well... Me.

Jeremy: Or I could just not go back, considering my school already had a memorial for me.

Damon: Caroline just pulled up.

Elena: I... I can't leave. I should stay and at least wait until Jeremy settles into school.

Damon: You're leaving. You're going to college. You're gonna drink cheap beer and you're gonna protest things you don't care about. And I am gonna take care of your little brother. Trust me. You have nothing to worry about.

Elena: Ok, well, at least Whitmore is only a few hours away, so, if there's anything you need, Jer, just call me.

Hey, see you on laundry day.

Ahh.

Elena: So, how do you think this whole long-distance thing is gonna work?

Damon: Well, I personally plan on forgetting about you the second you walk out the door.

Elena: I love you.

Damon: And I love you. All right. Off you go.

[Music playing]

Damon (to Jeremy): Yeah, no. We're not doing this. Go to school.

Caroline: You're dreaming about Stefan?

Elena: They're not dreams. It's more of a feeling. Maybe I should call him.

Caroline: So he can hear how happy you are with Damon? Absolutely not. He'll call you when he's ready.

Elena: So, I should just live with this nagging pit in my stomach?

Caroline: Ok, Elena, that pit is called guilt. You feel terrible because you broke Stefan's heart, and that nagging feeling is your brain waking up to tell you that you've made a horrible yet completely reversible mistake.

Elena: Nice try. Besides, Stefan and I left things in a good place.

Caroline: It doesn't mean he hasn't been thinking about you shacking up with his brother all summer long.

Liz: Hello. Mom ears. Still here.

[Giggles]

[Indistinct chatter]

Elena: We're in college, Caroline.

Caroline: We actually made it. We're here.

Bonnie: We're all here together.

Caroline: You brought a panini press?

Small appliances by the fridge.

Ok. That's the last one.

Liz: All right. Give me a good-bye hug before I change my mind and drag you home with me. Oh. You can call as much as you want, you know?

Caroline: Mom, I'll be fine.

Liz: Come here. This is where your dad fell in love with medicine, you know? He would be really proud

to see you here.

Elena: Thank you.

Caroline: Ok, go! Before I change my mind and make you stay.

Liz: I'm going. I'm going. I love you. Bye, girls.

[Door closes]

Caroline: So, roomie, I think we should drink to something.

Elena: I couldn't agree more. Roomie. Ha ha! To us, and college, and being functional vampires. To the next chapter of our life.

Ha ha!

[Knocking on door]

Megan: Hi!

Caroline: Uh, who are you?

Megan: I'm Megan. Your roommate.

Caroline says- "get your ass to Whitmore, Bonnie. We need you."

Bonnie: Tell her I'm at the Grand Canyon.

Jeremy: You realize you're just postponing the inevitable, right? What happens when your dad finds out you've been dead all summer?

Bonnie: How many postcards have I sent him? How many times has he called? I've done enough. He's clearly not missing me.

Jeremy: What about Elena?

Bonnie: I just saw her at college. She seemed genuinely happy. I am not taking that away from her. We're lucky, Jer. How many people die and still get to talk to their best friends?

Jeremy: How many best friends can't feel each other? I should get going. The freak who faked his own death can't also be late for math.

[Music playing]

Damon: Wait a minute. How did that happen?

Elena: There must have been a mix-up at the housing office.

Damon: Compulsion. It's the ultimate unwanted roommate repellent.

Elena: That's exactly what Caroline said.

Damon: Right. So, then just compel her ass out the door.

Elena: Damon, what's the point in going to college if we're just gonna recreate what happened in Mystic Falls?

Damon: Look at you, giving it the old college try.

Elena: Did Jeremy get to school ok?

Damon: Yup. Showered, groomed, even cut the crust off of his PB&J myself.

Elena: So, what you're saying is that me being here, you being there, this could actually work.

Damon: Exactly. Heh. Listen, I gotta... Go.

Katherine: It's been a long summer, Damon.

Damon: Katherine.

[Music playing]

Matt: 5-star restaurants in Paris to tapping kegs in a park.

Rebekah: Tragic.

Matt: I thought we said no strings.

Rebekah: Who said there were strings?

Matt: Weren't you leaving town?

Rebekah: I thought I'd give you one last chance to come with me.

Matt: I have to work. I'm back in the real world now. I need a paycheck.

Rebekah: Great. Maybe you could replace those earrings that street rat Nadia stole in Prague.

Matt: Those earrings don't bring you back to life. How am I gonna explain to Jeremy that she stole his Gilbert ring?

Rebekah: Tell him you had a threesome. He'll understand. Don't call. (kissing) Don't write. (kissing) And whatever you do, don't you dare miss me. (kissing)

[walks away smiling]

[Indistinct chatter]

Liz: Hey. Look who's back.

Silas: Look who's, uh, eating her feelings.

Liz: Yeah. I just dropped the girls off at Whitmore.

Ah.

Join me as I drown my sorrow in comfort food.

Liz: Ahh. What are you doing?

Silas: I'm outing myself as not-Stefan. Obviously.(cutting her wrist) Don't be afraid. Don't move.

Liz: What's happening?

Silas: We've met before, actually, when I was appearing as your daughter? To bash your head in? Does that ring any bells?

Liz: Silas.

Silas: Indeed. I am a 2,000- year-old immortal that Caroline and her friends thought they got rid of.

Liz: Are you appearing to me as Stefan?

Silas: Well, yes and no. This is my true form. Stefan is my doppelganger. You're confused. I know that because I can read your thoughts. It's understandable. I mean, I've been a little cryptic lately.

Liz: What's with the Kn*fe? Most vampires go straight for the neck.

Silas: Oh, please, Liz. I came first. Vampires are nothing more than a disgusting perversion of me. I'm unkillable, I'm immortal, and I'm psychic, and to function, I need human blood, but don't ever call me a vampire. Cheers. Ahh.

Silas: Unfortunately, I can see that you can't help me find what I'm looking for, so, all you need to remember, Liz... Is that Stefan stopped by to say hello.

Liz: Call your friends, Stefan. Let them know you're ok.

Silas: Will do, sheriff.

Megan: So, your current boyfriend Damien...

Damon.

Is your ex's brother.

Stefan.

And you and Stefan are friends

Megan: but 3 months ago, he left without saying good-bye?

Elena: Do you think I should call him?

No way.

Absolutely not.

Megan: Do you have a boyfriend, Caroline?

Caroline: I do. His name's Tyler. He had to miss move-in day, but he'll be here for the first day of classes.

Elena: Assuming he registers, and picks a dorm, and buys books.

Caroline: Speaking of minding one's own business, let's talk roommate ground rules.

Privacy is very important to me.

Same here.

Caroline: I have low blood sugar. My diet's finicky, so, keep your paws off my stuff.

Megan: We'll split up the shelves.

Caroline: And if I suddenly get up to leave or disappear for a while, don't follow me or look for me.

Megan: Ok. Sounds good.

Elena: Ha! Great. Then we agree on everything.

Man: Excuse me, ladies. Party at Whitmore house tonight.

Elena: We'll be there.

Man: I hope so.

Elena: I love college.

[Giggles]

[Cell phone buzzing]

Damon: Look who rose from the dead.

Katherine: Nice phone. Does it ever ring?

[Grunting]

[Crowd murmuring]

Katherine: You're gonna have to cut me off soon. My tolerance is a joke now. It's just so... Glorious.

Damon: You're miserable.

Katherine: Please. I'm Katherine Pierce.

I'm a survivor.

You're a liar.

Damon: Your hair is messed up. Your nails have chipped. You're a sad, miserable human being, and you want me to turn you. So, here. Go ahead. Drink up. I'll k*ll you. You'll bite the mailman and you'll be a vampire again. Go ahead. Come on.

Katherine: I can't, ok? No one's ever taken the cure before. If I die, there's a good chance I may never wake up.

Damon: And that would be tragic.

Katherine: And deep down, in that mushy-gushy Elena-loving heart, there's a part of you that doesn't want me to die.

Damon: What are you doing here, Katherine?

[Phone ringing]

[Beep]

Katherine: Salvatore residence. Hello, principal Weber. This is Elena. Oh, dear. We'll find him.

[Beep]

Katherine: So, Jeremy's been expelled. Elena will be cool with that, right?

Damon: When I get back here, you're going.

Katherine: Wait, Damon. There's someone chasing me.

Damon: Then run. Run far away.

Katherine: Damon, you don't understand. I have enemies everywhere. What happens when word gets out that I am a human? I can't protect myself. I'm weak. And I'm slow. Do you have any idea what it's like to run in heels? I have blisters, Damon. Please, just... Help me.

Damon: Wish I could say it gets better.

Stefan: The answer's no, Damon.

Damon: Why? So you can keep dying and coming back to life? You felt nothing but sheer agony for 3 months. You hallucinate conversations with me to have something to do. Just turn off that pesky humanity switch.

Stefan: It won't take the pain away.

Damon: Yeah, but it'll turn off your misery. Your fear. Your hopelessness.

Stefan: And then what, huh? Let's just say that you actually notice I'm gone. Let's say I get out of this. What good is it if I'm a monster again? How is that better than any of this?

[Drawer slams shut]

Caroline: Did you notice how Megan's juicer takes up all the small appliance space? She has an entire drawer

dedicated to organic linen.

Elena: What happened to privacy?

Caroline: Maybe if she didn't take such long showers, I wouldn't have time to go through her stuff. How are you ok with a third roommate?

Elena: Because we're trying to be functional. And being functional means we need friends.

Caroline: We also need personal space. I mean, what if we suddenly get a craving and I want to eat her? Or our blood bags go bad because we can't store them in the mini-fridge? [Scoffs] And what the hell is protein water? You know what? Maybe if I drink it all, she'll want to move out.

Elena: Caroline, no...

[coughing]

Caroline: Vervain.

Megan: What's going on? Are you ok?

Elena: Yeah, she's... she's fine.

Megan: What happened?

Caroline: Water just went down the wrong pipe. I'm ok, really. I shouldn't have touched your stuff. I'm... I'm really sorry.

Megan: It's fine. Just sounded like someone was dying out here. Ah. Well, I'm glad you're ok.

Caroline: She knows who we are. She drinks vervain water.

Elena: That doesn't mean that she knows about us.

Caroline: Seriously? We share a bathroom with this girl. What if she's a hunter and she stakes us when we're in the shower? Or she steals our daylight rings while we're asleep and then we burst into flames when the sun comes up?

Elena: Don't you think that if she was a hunter, we'd be dead by now?

Caroline: I think we should lock her up. You know, let the vervain get out of her system, and then we compel her to forget about us.

Elena: Caroline, I'm not kidnapping our roommate. The best way to convince her that we're normal is to act normal. Do normal, human, freshman-y stuff.

Caroline: Such as?

[Music playing]

[Indistinct chatter]

Man: Hey, I remember you.

Elena: Hey. Flyer guy.

Jesse, technically, but "flyer guy" works too.

Elena: I'm Elena. This is Caroline.

Jesse: Nice to meet you.

Caroline: Hi.

Elena: You can't be nice to the guy?

Caroline: I'm with Tyler.

Elena: Are you? Because he hasn't called.

Caroline: From the mountains of Appalachia?

Elena: I'm just saying I don't want you to get your hopes up thinking that he's coming when he hasn't really shown much interest.

Caroline: Did you tell Damon that you're having dreams about Stefan? See? No relationship is perfect. What the hell?

Elena: Someone must own this place.

We have to be invited in.

Jesse: Hey. I was wondering if you guys were gonna make it. You guys going in or...

Go ahead.

Megan: Why are you guys just standing there?

Elena: We were just... Caroline?

Caroline: Waiting for someone.

Elena: So...

Megan: Right. Well, I'm gonna go hang.

Caroline: Like I said, she knows.

Damon: One day. One day where you don't screw it up.

Jeremy: Leave me alone, Damon.

Damon: You're lucky you didn't put one of those idiots in ICU.

Jeremy: Says the guy that once k*lled me.

Damon: Yes. In the privacy of your own home, away from prying eyes, unlike you, who went all hunter in the middle of a hallway. You got expelled, genius.

Jeremy: Does that mean I don't have to go back to school?

Damon: I compelled principal Weber into a very generous three--day suspension. Elena does not need to know about this. Finish eating. Meet me outside.

Silas: Hello, Damon.

Damon: Stefan. Welcome home.

Silas: Thanks.

Elena: Hey. Megan. It's Elena. Just calling to let you know why we left, so, call me when you get a chance. Bye.

Caroline: Ok. It's settled. When she leaves, we grab her.

Elena: Or we could just let her know that you weren't feeling well.

Caroline: Elena, she saw us stuck at the threshold. We might as well have flashed her our fangs. There's no way that out of the thousands of freshmen we were randomly paired with someone who knows about vampires.

Elena: Maybe it wasn't random.

[Cell phone beeping]

Elena: Hey, Megan.

Megan: Elena, you have to help me. He's chasing me! Megan, who's chasing you?

Megan: Help me! Oh, my God...

Elena: We can't come inside. The line's too long. If you come out... where are you?

Megan: Elena, please help me!

Caroline: Megan, can you hear me?

Elena: Get outside and we can help you.

[Megan screams]

Oh, my God.

Caroline: Who did this to her?

Elena: This was a vampire.

Damon: Look, I get why you haven't called me back all summer. I wouldn't call me back, either.

Silas: You mean because you stole my girlfriend? I'm over it.

Cheers.

Silas: Katherine's living at Chateau Salvatore.

Damon: How do you know that?

Silas: Because I can read your mind. Kidding buddy. Katherine called me first. Remember? It's always been me first.

Damon: Right.

Silas: Hey, Jeremy, looking good, man.

Jeremy: Hey, Stefan. Glad you're back.

Yeah. Yeah.

Silas: All right, I'll see you at home.

Damon: Great.

Jeremy: Something's wrong. When he touched me, I felt a chill where my tattoo was.

Damon: What are you talking about?

Jeremy: Right before I d*ed, Silas grabbed me and I felt the same thing.

Damon: Silas is gone. Bonnie turned him into a big piece of rock, remember?

Bonnie: I d*ed. Jeremy, I bound the magic that took down Silas. When I d*ed, the spell must have broken. He's free. That was Silas.

Damon: That's impossible.

Jeremy: I'm a hunter. Our whole reason for existing is to k*ll him. I know what I'm feeling, Damon. That... that was Silas.

Damon: I just watched him walk through a crowd of people that saw Stefan. There's no way he could fool that many people at once. He's psychic but no one's that psychic.

Jeremy: What did he want?
[Knocking on door]

Silas: Why are you in my brother's bathtub?

Katherine: Why aren't you?

Silas: I will say that's a tempting offer.

Katherine: Mm. He flirts. I like Elenaless Stefan.

Silas: You know, human looks better on you than I would've guessed, Katherine.

Katherine: I think you just accidentally gave me a compliment.

Silas: No, I mean it. You sitting here all weak and vulnerable. It works.

[Choking]

Silas: Time for a field trip.

Uhh. Uhh.

Uhh! [Gasp]

Damon (to Jeremy): Get her out of here. Don't tell me where you're going.

Damon: God, you're slow. Guess vamp speed came with the upgrade.

Silas: Get out of my way and give me Katherine.

Damon: First drop the Stefan look.

Silas: What?

[Indistinct voice on police radio]

[Siren wailing]

Elena: What is happening? Our roommate is dead, there's a vampire at the party. We don't know what she knew or who she told.

Caroline: We should get out of here.

Elena: Caroline. I left that message in her voicemail.

Caroline: Don't worry. I took her phone.

Elena: You what?

Hey, girls? I'm Diane Freeman, head of campus security. Are you ok?

Elena: I mean, I think so.

I understand Megan was your roommate. I'm so sorry you had to find her like this.

Do they know what happened?

We found a note. Apparently, she was struggling with severe depression.

Wait. What do you mean you found a note?

Your roommate took her own life.

You think this was a su1c1de?

We're convinced it was a su1c1de, but we can't seem to find her cell phone. Have you seen it?

No.

Ok. If it turns up, let us know?

What is going on?

Damon: If I have to hear the word "doppelganger" "one more time, I think I'm gonna actually have to learn how to spell it.

Silas: You say you don't believe me and yet your mind is spinning at the possibility.

Damon: "A," get out of my head. "B," I think I'd know if my little brother had an evil twin.

Silas: Oh, we're not twins. See, when I became truly immortal, nature retaliated by creating a version of me that was killable. It's called a shadow self.

Damon: Well, whatever you are, your plan didn't work. Cure's gone. Now, what do you want with Katherine?

Silas: I could tell you, but wouldn't it be so much more fun if it were a surprise?

Damon: You're not getting her.

Silas: Damon, how well do you know your brother? Do you really think he would leave town for 3 months without so much as a phone call so you could live happily ever after with the love of his life? Or did you just delude yourself into thinking it would be that easy?

Where's Stefan?

He's suffering.

Like I suffered.

Silas: So, call the hunter. Bring me Katherine. And then I will tell you where your little brother is.

Katherine: Where are we going? Are you deaf? I said where are we going?

[Cell phone ringing]

Jeremy: Hey.

Damon: How far did you get?

Jeremy: You said not to tell you.

Damon: You picked now to listen to me?

Jeremy: We just passed old Miller road.

Damon: Good. Turn around. Bring her back.

Katherine: What? No.

[Tires screeching]

Katherine: What are you doing? Jeremy, stop. You can't take me back there, Jeremy. Damon wouldn't just hand me over. Silas clearly got in his head.

Jeremy: Shut up, Katherine. Hey, what the hell?

[Tires screech]

Silas: Ooh. Your thoughts are churning. It's like a spool of pink Taffy. It's very messy but very fun to watch.

Damon: Anyone ever tell you that's creepy?

Silas: You're worried. Jeremy's not answering the phone. [Gasp] They should be back by now. You think something's very wrong.

Matt: There you go, mayor. This one's on the house.

Mayor: Thank you, Matt.

Matt: So, when's Bonnie coming back?

Mayor: Well, I'm not sure, but if you talk to her, tell her I said hi, ok? Thanks for the beer.

Matt: You're welcome. No way. Nadia?

Nadia: You remember me.

Matt: Yeah. I remember you. You got Rebekah and me drunk and robbed us.

Nadia: But it was fun until then, no?

Matt: How did you know how to find me?

Nadia: Let's skip the how and get to the why. This wasn't mine to take.

Matt: You traveled 4,000 miles to give me back a ring?

Hey, if you don't want it...

No.

Matt: I want it.

Nadia: Looks better on you, anyway.

[Gasp]

Jaryakat a zem. Daryeet acza.

Elena on phone: Hey, Megan, it's Elena. Just calling to let you know...

Delete.

Someone's been in here.

Elena: Megan's tablet's gone.

Caroline: Along with her so-called su1c1de note?

Elena: Can I see the phone for a second?

Caroline: It just doesn't make any sense. First the roommate we're not supposed to have might know about vampires, and then happens to be k*lled by a vampire and now the school's covering it up? Seriously, who is this girl?

Elena: Whatever's going on, it's not just about our roommate. It's about me. That's Megan. With my dad.

Hey. [Gasps]

[Groans]

Bonnie: Jeremy, hold on. Hey, I know you can hear me. Jeremy.

[Vehicle approaching]

[Tires screech]

Damon: Jeremy. Aah! Open your eyes, Jer. You do not get to die on me. You hear me? I'm supposed to be taking care of you, you little punk. Wake up. I'll k*ll you myself. Uhh.

[Music playing]

Jeremy: Katherine is gone.

Damon: [Exhales] Oh. [Exhales] I don't care. [Exhales]

Tyler on phone: Hey, Caroline, look. I put a lot of thought into this and decided to defer school for now. This werewolf pack I'm helping, they need me. I know it's lame to do this over the phone, but I figure this way's harder for you to k*ll me. I'm really, really sorry, take care, but this is important.

[Music playing]

[Sobbing]

Elena: You ok?

[Sobbing]

Caroline: Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine.

Elena: Sorry, Caroline.

Caroline: I'm really glad that you're here.

Elena: I'm really glad you're here, too.

[Gurgling]

Damon: You're thinking about it. Flip the switch, brother. Put yourself out of this misery, please.

Stefan: Did you forget how long it took me to come back last time? Everything I lost in the process?

Damon: You don't deserve this, Stefan. You did the right thing... you walked away. You let us be happy, and this is what you get in return? How is that fair? Hey. Just turn it off. Turn it off.

Elena: Wait. Stay with me, Stefan.

Stefan: What are you doing here?

Elena: I know this is t*rture, but stay with me. Your humanity is the one thing that makes you who you are. Don't let go. Please, Stefan. For me.

Damon: Hey, sorry it took so long to call you back. Car trouble.

Elena: What happened?

Damon: Well, some idiot broke the window. Based on your voicemail, it sounds like your day sucked worse than mine. You all right? Do you want to come home?

Elena: I can't. Especially if my dad's connected to this somehow. I need to know why.

Damon: Yeah, it's probably for the best. That'll give me more bonding time with your brother.

Elena: I love you, Damon.

Damon: Good night.

Oof.

Jeremy: You didn't tell her Silas was here.

Damon: Nor did I tell her Stefan's missing, Katherine's in town, or you got expelled.

Jeremy: So, you lied.

Damon: No. I withheld a bit of the truth so that Elena wouldn't drop everything and come running home to help. I'll figure all this out.

Mayor: I hope everyone enjoyed the party.

[Cheering and applause]

Mayor: It is... it is truly great to have an end-of-summer tradition. My daughter has her own end-of-summer tradition of overindulging in the cotton candy.

[Laughter]

And now she's off traveling the world and sending her old man postcards from all her great adventures. Family is one of our core values here in Mystic Falls. It's what this block party celebrates. Family as community... Stefan.

Silas: Do you mind if I say a few words?

Mayor: Maybe when we're done here, ok?

Silas: I'll take it from here, mayor.

Bonnie: Oh, my God.

Silas: You're probably wondering how I did that. It's pretty basic mind control. And until now, it's been fairly limited to one person at a time. But this summer, I've consumed an immeasurable amount of blood.

[Crowd murmuring]

Silas: And I felt myself getting stronger and stronger every day. And I started to wonder, what are the limits to my powers? How many people can I influence? Two? Ten? An entire town square?

[Crowd murmuring]

Silas: Everyone stop talking. That worked. Now let's try this. No one make a sound or move a muscle.

[Bonnie screaming as Silas cuts the Mayors throat]

[Sobbing]

Silas: Now that I have your attention, I need a favor. I need you to find someone. You all know Elena Gilbert. Well, the girl that I'm looking for looks exactly like her.

The End.