05x14 - No Exit

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

05x14 - No Exit

Post by bunniefuu »

[A House]

(Damon and Enzo are in an empty house)

Enzo: You think the fella loved milking cows?

Damon: Probably. Then she became one, so he drank himself into oblivion, she cheated with the pastor

Enzo: Hey. Just because you lost your true love doesn't mean you have to dump on others

Damon: There's no love in there. Look at that picture. It's old, and the milkmaid's nowhere to be found. It's just pathetic old farmer John

Enzo: Manners. It's impolite to speak ill of our hosts

Damon: Doubt he'll mind

Enzo: Somebody's cranky. It's been almost 8 hours since you last fed, so I suppose that's about right

Damon: You're timing me?

Enzo: You feed on vampires now. I am a vampire. The only way to assure my safety is to know how long you can last before your next fix

Damon: Or you can just leave

Enzo: I don't abandon my friends, Damon. Besides, if you hadn't come with me to k*ll Dr. Wes, he wouldn't have stuck you with that nasty virus

(A man wakes up)

Enzo: Ah! Just in time. Hello!

Man: What did you do? What's happening?

Enzo: Uh, you d*ed, but luckily, you had my blood in your system, so when you drink this,you'll feel much better. There you are

Damon: Good boy

Man: What was that?

Enzo: That was blood. You're a vampire. Congratulations

Man: I'm a what?

Enzo: I know. It's overwhelming, and Damon will explain more in a bit,but before he does, settle a bet. Your wife. Where is she?

Man: Wait. I drink blood now?

Enzo: Again, we'll explain everything. Where's your wife?

Man: She's gone. She left me years ago

Damon: Pastor? Pastor?

Man: Pharmacist

Damon: Yes. I will take that as a win for me, not for you

Enzo: Oh, stop trying to scare me, Damon. I'm not leaving you. I'm the only friend you have left

[Salvatore’s House]

(Katherine and Stefan are in the library, studying)

Stefan: Roman Empire

Katherine: 76 A.D. sacked by the Goths

Stefan: Han Dynasty

Katherine: 220 A.D

Stefan: Holy Roman Empire

Katherine: Not really an empire, but 1648

Stefan: There goes your perfect score

Katherine: What? No. That was right

Stefan: No, no, no. The book says 1806

Katherine: Heh. Ok. Well, 1806 may technically be right, but it was the Peace of Westphalia that truly ended the empire. Trust me. I may have done a paper on the Holy Roman Empire in high school

Stefan: Well, if you want to pass the test, I suggest you write down exactly what's in your textbook.Oh. Caroline's here. I asked the sheriff to help me track down Damon

(Stefan opens the door to Caroline)

Caroline: You were right. He's off the rails. This is from my mom

Stefan: Let me guess… missing persons and animal att*cks

Caroline: Check and check. There's something else. All the victims were found inside their homes without their head, and there skin was desiccated

Stefan: Damon's feeding on vampires. I shouldn't have let him go

Caroline: No! Uh-uh. No! You are not turning Damon's roosting chickens into a Stefan Salvatore guilt trip. No one could have stopped him from going after Wes the other night

Stefan: Guess Wes must have injected him with whatever he was gonna give Elena that makes vampires feed on vampires

Caroline: Good news, bad news. Bad news is that when this happened to Jesse we had to k*ll him, but the good news is... I'm sorry. Usually there's some good news

Stefan: I have to find him

(Katherine rejoins them)

Katherine: Well, I can come with you

Caroline: Elena, hey! I didn't know that you were here

Katherine: Well, Stefan has been helping me study

Caroline: Oh. Stefan who doesn't go to college

Katherine: Stefan who's an expert in history

(Caroline’s phone rings)

Caroline: Uh-huh. Um... It's Tyler. I haven't really spoken to him since, the, um, incident

Stefan: The incident? You mean the time where he almost k*lled you?

(She answers)

Caroline: Hey

Tyler: Hey, have you talked to Matt?

Caroline: No. Why?

Tyler: Because it turns out Nadia's been compelling him to forget things. Matt said he was gonna avoid her, but now I haven't heard from him

Caroline: Do you think that he's in trouble?

Tyler: He hasn't been home or at work, and his cell phone goes straight to voicemail

Caroline: Ok. Well, I'll come right over and…

Tyler: No. That's not why I called

Caroline: No. I know, but I think that we can figure this out together. I'll see you soon

(She hangs up)

Katherine: Maybe I should come with you

Caroline: No. No. You deal with Damon. We can handle this. Besides, it's time that we move into the next phase of our post-breakup, pre-friendship relationship timeline

Katherine: Ok. I'm gonna stay out that one. I'm gonna get some clothes, and you'll pick me up at my dorm?

Stefan: Sure

(She leaves)

Stefan: Bad news is Tyler hates you, but the good news is...hmm

Caroline: It'll be fine. We both have weird ex...friend situations

Stefan: We? There's nothing weird going on between Elena and me

Caroline: Come on, Stefan! First she tells you that she's gonna fight to get Damon back,and then she rebreaks up with him, and now she's here with you, her ex, studying?

Stefan: She's here with her friend studying without the implied quotes

Caroline: Look. I'm just saying that Elena and Damon's breakup is messy,and you are not messy.You're stable and sane and…

Stefan: and I'm about to spend 12 hours in a car with her alone, so whatever she's feeling I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out

[Whitmore College]

(Katherine is on the phone with Nadia)

Katherine: What's going on with Matt?

Nadia: Nothing

Katherine: Really? Because goldilocks and the big bad wolf are meeting to powwow about him as we speak

Nadia: Fine. Matt found out about you

Katherine: He what?!

Nadia: Tyler gave him Vervain

Katherine: k*ll him

Nadia: Katherine!

Katherine: k*ll him now

Nadia: He doesn't need to die. The Vervain will be out of his system soon, and I've kept him out of sight for two days, so he hasn't told anyone

Katherine: So you two have just been tucked away, canoodling?

Nadia: I don't even know what that means

Katherine: We all love Matt Donovan. Otherwise, he would have been dead a long time ago, but when it comes to keeping my new doppelganger body a secret, nobody is that important. I am going out of town with Stefan because he wants to find Damon

Nadia: I thought you wanted Damon out of the picture

Katherine: Meh. I do, but I saw an opportunity to be alone with Stefan for a few days, and, well, I took it

Nadia: And what happens when you get too close, too comfortable? What happens when you slip up? Will you k*ll your precious Stefan, too?

Katherine: Using my own words against me. Now that's a Petrova specialty. Take care of the Matt issue before I get back into town, or I'll have to do it myself

(She hangs up)

[A Restaurant]

(Matt and Nadia are together)

Matt: It'll be fine. I just need to convince my friends that I'm ok. I'll keep your secret. No one has to die

Nadia: Relax. I'm not going to syrup you to death. What's canoodling?

[A House]

Enzo: I didn't realize you liked to play with dolls

Damon: Well, my brother likes to make a big show, set them up, put their heads back on, pretend like it didn't happen. I, on the other hand, don't give a crap

Enzo: Well, we've got 8 hours till you need to feed again. I wonder, what's New York like these days

Damon: Crowded

Enzo: Perfect. Let's go. Oh, what is that?

Damon: It's the obnoxious theme song of the Travelers

(They open the door and see travelers outside. Wes is there too)

Wes: As a man of science, I always considered magic a cheat. Turns out I cheat. How's the appetite?

Damon: Funny you should ask. I was just craving a blond

Wes: You're my patient zero, Damon. I couldn't let you ride off into the sunset without running a few tests

Enzo: A few tests

Wes: Well, one test. Now that you're trapped with only one source of food, how long can you go before you feed on your best friend?

[A Gas Station]

(Stefan and Katherine stop to put some gas in the car)

Katherine: You ever think about getting a new car?

Stefan: What are you talking about? This car's a classic

Katherine: Yeah, and so is, uh, Wright brothers' plane, but you don't see people still flying around in that thing

Stefan: You know, uh... I appreciate you being here, but you didn't have to come

Katherine: I told you I'm doing this for you because you're still holding on to the hope that maybe this is the time that Damon can be saved

Stefan: And you don't think he can? Look. I know that he crossed a line with Jeremy, but, you know, he's crossed many lines before

Katherine: You mean, when he actually k*lled Jeremy? Yes, I recall

Stefan: I'm just saying you've never really closed him off like this before

Katherine: I mean, obviously, I still care about Damon. I guess I got my hopes up too many times I want off the emotional roller coaster that is Damon's redemption. You know, it's just… it's dizzying. Are you hungry? Because I'm starving

Stefan: Um, sure. What do you want?

Katherine: Whatever you're having but with a lot more salt and maybe covered in chocolate

Stefan: Coming right up

[A House]

(Damon tries to find a way to get out)

Enzo: Give it up, mate. Those Travelers sealed this whole place up tight

Damon: The spell can't last forever

Enzo: Doesn't need to. Wes only needs it to last 8 hours, remember? Then he can come back inside and autopsy my m*nled corpse

Damon: You're pretty Zen about all this

Enzo: Did you forget everything I taught you in that cell? Calmer heads will always prevail

Damon: Always the solider

Enzo: But you do have people we can call, like your brother or your ex, who can in turn find Wes and thr*aten him or maim him or anything that doesn't involve your fangs on my neck

Damon: My brother told me to leave and not come back. I'm not calling him

Enzo: So my life is not worth your pride?

Damon: They won't come

Enzo: Or they will. Then you might hurt them. Don't want to risk, do you? Me on the other hand...

Damon: I'm not gonna feed on you

Enzo: I'll find another way

[Lockwood Mansion]

(Tyler and Caroline are in the living room)

Caroline: Thank you. Mmm. That's good coffee. Although I usually take mine with a little more awkward silence

Tyler: Nice try, but you don't take anything with silence

Caroline: So Matt.He's missing?

Tyler: I don't know if he's missing. He just hasn't been home in two days, and he's not answering his phone

(Matt finally arrives)

Caroline: Matt?

Matt: Caroline! What are you doing here?

Caroline:

Tyler Kind of wondering the same thing. Where the hell have you been?

(Nadia arrives)

Nadia: Did I give you my sunglasses? Oh. Hello. I thought you said they wouldn't be home

Caroline: Ok. Rewind. Start over. This whole time you've been with Nadia?

Matt: It's a long story. Nadia, come on in

[A Gas Station]

(Stefan is checking the car)

Stefan: Hey. Can you hold this for a second?

Katherine: Yeah

Stefan: Careful. It has grease on it

Katherine: Oh, ok

Stefan: I have no idea how this hose ripped out, but we're not gonna be able to go anywhere until I get a new one. I guess I'll see if that mechanic has a spare. You weren't careful at all?

Katherine: What? What? Ohh! I love this shirt

Stefan: You loved that shirt

Katherine: Great. Awesome that's just awesome

Stefan: Now there's grease all over your face

Katherine: Well, you've got all that engine stuff on you, and I clearly have to change. I saw a hotel, like, a couple streets down that way. Do you think we should get a room so that we can shower while we're waiting for the car?

Stefan: No. I should probably stay here in case they finish early, but you can go

Katherine: Give them your phone number. I assume that your phone does receive incoming calls, right? Or is it from the Han Dynasty just like your car?

Stefan: That's funny

Katherine: Will you grab my bag?

Stefan: Sure. Be right there

[Lockwood’s Mansion]

(Caroline, Tyler, Matt and Nadia are all sitting together)

Matt: I was on my way out of town, and then there she was, sitting on the front steps, waiting for me

Nadia: Subtlety's not my strong suit. I felt bad about compelling him and bad about snapping your neck. Again, subtlety

Tyler: So why haven't you been answering your phone?

Matt: Uh, I lost it the first night

Caroline: First night where?

Nadia: Atlantic City.I'd never been, neither had Matt

Matt: 1 drink led to 3 and to 5 and then, uh... The rest is kind of a blur

Caroline: Yeah, because she's compelling you!

Matt: Caroline, I'm wearing Vervain. She's not compelling me

Caroline: Where have you been the last two days?

Matt: I told you. She's not compelling me. We're having fun

Caroline: Oh. Fun! Just like the time she buried you alive! Whoo! Pop open the champagne!

Nadia: I thought you said she'd be cool with us hanging out

Caroline: And what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Nadia: It means you've done nothing but judge Matt since he walked through that door when everyone here knows you're not exactly winning friends with your romantic choices. Isn't that right, Tyler?

Tyler: I don't want to be a part of this

(He leaves)

(Caroline follows him)

Caroline: She's just trying to get under our skin to distract us

Tyler: From what? This is Matt we're talking about. Did you forget that time he went to Europe with Rebekah after she ran his truck off the road?

Caroline: You're not seriously buying all this?

Tyler: Hell of a lot easier to buy than other things that have happened
[A Motel]

(Katherine and Stefan enter a room)

Stefan: So what did you do, bring your entire closet?

Katherine: Well, I didn't know how long we'd be gone, and let's be honest. Damon's spirals require a little more than an overnight bag

Stefan: We'll get him back. He's, uh… he's hurt, but he's not a lost cause

Katherine: What makes you think that?

Stefan: Because I know what he's going through

Katherine: What do you mean?

Stefan: You don't know what it's like being in love with you. You know, when you and I were together, every single atom in my body told me that it was the right thing, that we were the perfect fit, and that kind of love, it can change your whole life, and then when somebody who made you feel that way suddenly stops, the vacuum is just...

Katherine: I get it. They built a whole prophecy around it

Stefan: He's not handling it right, but he's not gone

Katherine: You need a refill

Stefan: I should go wash up

[A House]

Enzo: Towing chains. Farmer's best friend and in about an hour, mine. Take a seat

Damon: They're not gonna let us out of here until I k*ll you... Or you k*ll me

Enzo: Don't be dramatic. We'll work something out

Damon: There's no cure, Enzo, not for this

Enzo: You've given it all of two days. That's what you do, isn't it? There's a problem, you run. You did it to me, you did it to your girl

Damon: Because when I stay, I destroy things

Enzo: We're not all as fragile as you think we are

(He takes his phone)

Damon: What the hell are you doing?

Enzo: Calling for backup

Damon: I thought I told you not call them

Enzo: And I told you your pride isn't worth either of our lives

[A Motel]

(A phone rings. Katherine answers)

Katherine: Oh, my God. Damon?

Enzo: Hello, Stefan. How wonderful to hear your beautiful feminine voice

Katherine: Enzo. What the hell do you want?

Enzo: I'm in a spot of trouble actually

Katherine: Where's Damon?

Enzo: Oh, he's here, salivating, about to chomp into my neck and feed until my head pops off in a grotesque but slightly comical fashion

Katherine: Wes infected him?

Enzo: You know about the virus. Good. We could use a hand. Wes enlisted some of those singing witches and trapped us in the house

Damon: Do not come here!

Enzo: He doesn't want to risk feeding on you. That's sweet really, but you'll be fine. Besides if he does feed on you, I have orders to k*ll him

Katherine: Ok. Um, text me the address to my phone, and we'll be there as soon as we can

Enzo: Fine. And, uh, ticktock. I managed to restrain him, but you know how persistent Damon can be when he wants something

Katherine: We'll be there soon

(She hangs up and Stefan comes out of the bathroom)

Stefan: You say something?

Katherine: No

[A House]

Enzo: It'll be all right, mate. They'll come, and we'll sort something out

Damon: Or they'll come, and I'll feed on them

Enzo: Those are also options. As long as I live, I'm good. Joking. Kind of

(Wes sh**t him)

Enzo: If you were aiming for my heart, you missed

Wes: Don't worry. I wasn't. Chains were a good idea. Now I can see exactly how strong he becomes when enraged. Conclusion… very strong

Enzo: Boy, do I miss that indestructible Augustine cage right about now. Damon, stop! Damon, stop! Stop! Please, Damon, stop!Damon, stop! Stop, please! Damon! Aah! Aah! What did you do to him?

Wes: My friends here raised the acidity of your blood. There must be some witchy explanation for it, but Damon's basically drinking hydrochloric acid. I suggest you leave before the spell wears off

Enzo: And go where… with you?

Wes: There's one more thing I need from you. Then I'll let you go for good. The other option is to stay in here with your cannibal friend and see how long you last

Damon: Go, Enzo!I tried to k*ll you. I'll do it again. Go, Enzo!

[A Motel]

(Katherine comes out of the shower)

Stefan: Car's done

Katherine: I'll be right there. Hey, um... Would mind grabbing me my shirt? It's the… the green one right on top

Stefan: Yeah, sure

Katherine: Thanks

(They kiss)

Stefan: Wait a minute. Wait a minute. This is... This wrong. We, uh... You and Damon just split up

Katherine: You don't have to, um… you're right. I'm… I'm sorry. I was just in the moment. I shouldn't have

Stefan: Yeah. We have a long night ahead of us, so maybe we should…

Katherine: Yeah. Um, you know what? Why don't you go, um, settle up the bill, and I'll… I'll finish packing?

(He leaves .she takes her phone and calls Nadia)

Katherine: Who do you think Stefan loves more, Damon or Elena?

Nadia: Why are you calling me?

Katherine: Damon has been infected by the ripper virus, and I know exactly where he is, so if I can get Damon to att*ck me, the only way to save me would be for Stefan to k*ll him

Nadia: You're going to make Stefan k*ll his brother?Dark, even for you

Katherine: Thank you. So how goes it with Matty blue eyes? Dead yet?

Nadia: Still working on it. Good luck with your plan to win Stefan's love

[Lockwood’s Mansion]

(Nadia and Matt are playing cards)

Matt: So...I'm curious. We spent a few days together now

Nadia: Canoodling?

Matt: Canoodling. Exactly. It seems like you went through all this trouble to save your mom, but she only seems interested in Stefan

Nadia: That's Katherine. I didn't expect mother-daughter boozy brunches

Matt: Yeah, but you did expect something

Nadia: Are you going to play a card or what?

Matt: Look. I've been where you are. My mom used to disappear for weeks at a time and then show up one day out of the blue like nothing happened. Before you knew it, I'd be at the stove, making her a grilled cheese

Nadia: This isn't like that

Matt: Isn't it? She decides when you're worth it on her watch, but guess what: You're never gonna be as interesting as the next guy she wants to sleep with

Nadia: Matt, you'd say anything to help Elena. I'm not an idiot

Matt: You are if you think that Katherine's gonna choose you… because she's not

Nadia: Do you know why you found yourself making all those sandwiches? Because the second your mom walked back into your life, you forgot all those horrible things that she did because at the end of the day, she's still your mom,and you love her. Give me your wrist. The Vervain is gone. Our fun is over

Matt: Wait. Since I'm gonna forget this anyway...

Nadia: What was that for?

Matt: Thank you.If I'm gonna be threatened and held against my will, I could think of worse scenarios

Nadia: What the hell?

Matt: What'd you expect? Elena's my best friend. I'll always protect her

Nadia: It just sucks. You were the only decent person in this town

Matt: And I still am, and so are you .You could have k*lled me this morning, and you didn't. You're not like her, and you know it

(She compels him)

Nadia: Forget everything you're not supposed to know. We partied, we slept together, then I left. Good-bye

(She leaves)

(She’s about to leave but Caroline is here)

Caroline: Going somewhere?

Nadia: Actually, I am, and you're in my way

(Matt arrives)

Caroline: Matt, are you ok?

Matt: Yeah. Why? What's going on in here?

Caroline: You texted me from Nadia's phone. So you compelled him again

Nadia: And they say blonds are dumb

Caroline: What are you doing to him? Tell me!

Matt: Nadia, stop!

Nadia: You may not remember, Matt, but this is your fault. Trust me

(Tyler intervenes)

Tyler: Young hybrid beats old vampire every time!

(She leaves)

Matt: Wait a second! Does anyone want to tell me how this is my fault?

[A House]

(Damon is alone. Stefan and Katherine arrive)

Damon: Elena. Don’t. I said don't!You come in here, you ain't coming out

Stefan: What exactly happened here?

Damon: I wanted revenge, got stuck with the vampire virus, almost k*lled my last friend. Typical Damon

Katherine: Enzo texted me the address here. Damon, we're here to help you

Damon: You can't help me. I feed on vampires now. You're both vampires. Do yourselves a favor and leave

Stefan: Well, that's not gonna happen

Damon: Stay back!

Stefan: I'm not afraid of you, Damon

Katherine: Neither am I

Damon: You better get out. What the hell is wrong with you?

Katherine: I'm proving to you that you're not a lost cause, Damon

Damon: Elena…

Katherine: See? Damon, you can resist this. You can do it. Why? Because you love me, and that love is stronger than any craving

Damon: Get away from me, Elena

Stefan: Elena, he's gonna k*ll you

Katherine: No. No. He's not going to. He's not going to. You can do this, Damon. Fight it. There you go. Turn around. There you go

(Damon finally att*cks her)

Stefan: Damon, stop! Damon, let go of her, let go of her!

Katherine: Stefan!

Stefan: Let go!

Katherine: No! He's going... to k*ll me!

Stefan: Here, Damon. Look over here. You smell that? Feed on me, not her. That's good. That's good. Feed on me

[Lockwood’s Mansion]

(Caroline rejoins Tyler)

Caroline: Well, the only thing Matt remembers is that they slept together. Well... so…

Tyler: Care, I never said sorry. I was pissed, but...

Caroline: No excuses, ok? Look. We can get past this together. Ok? I just want us to be good again, you know?

Tyler: I said I was sorry.I didn't say I was past it

Caroline: Of course. Obviously. I mean, Rome wasn't built in a day

Tyler: How evolved do you think I am?You slept with Klaus. You slept with the guy that k*lled my mom. What's a fair amount of time for me to get past that? A week, a month? Tell me. What sounds right to you?

Caroline: Ok. You made your point

Tyler: Look. I'm not trying to be a d*ck, but the idea of us being good, it's not gonna happen

Caroline: Understood

[Salvatore’s House]

(Stefan and Damon are in the cell)

Damon: I know you can't help yourself, but if you bring home a rabid animal, you're gonna get bit

Stefan: Never should have told you to leave

Damon: I'm gonna k*ll you, Stefan. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but at some point I'm gonna rip open your throat, and you're gonna die

Stefan: Oh, come on, Damon. You think I'm afraid of a ripper? Who do you think invented the word? You know that feeling you get when you're around vampire blood, that burning in your veins? I feel that on a daily basis, and there's a way to control it

Damon: And let me guess… it'd bring you no greater pleasure than to teach me

Stefan: No. It's a good guess, but right now, I'm gonna go get you a little bit more Vervain, and then I'm gonna have a drink, and I'm gonna let you think about what a royal pain in the ass you've been lately. You're my brother.I'm not gonna give up on you. I never will

Damon: She has

Stefan: You talking about Elena?

Damon: Mm-hmm

Stefan: She practically got herself k*lled to prove a point today

Damon: You remember the vampire ripper Jesse? When he att*cked me, Elena had to k*ll him, but if there was the slightest chance that there was another way to stop him, she would have taken it

Stefan: Yeah, so?

Damon: She knew it would be impossible for me to resist her blood, and then she just kicked you a stake and essentially told you to k*ll me

Stefan: So what are you saying? You saying that Elena wanted me to k*ll you?

Damon: You got another excuse, hmm? That's what I thought

[A Restaurant]

(Katherine rejoins Nadia)

Katherine: I could use a steak

Nadia: You're chipper. That must mean Damon is dead

Katherine: Not quite. In fact, he continues to be the bane of my existence, but... Stefan and I had a moment. Heh. Don't worry. I'll keep the details to myself, but it definitely reaffirmed his feelings for Elena, i.e. me. Heh

Nadia: So, uh, it's only a matter of time. Sounds like you're going to get everything you want

Katherine: Of course I will. Assuming that you took care of the Matt situation

Nadia: Your secret is safe

Katherine: Perfect. So I'm in a really good mood right now, which means I don't really feel like worrying whatever's making you mopey

Nadia: You won't have to worry about me for much longer

Katherine: What's that supposed to mean?

Nadia: Tyler Lockwood bit me

[Salvatore’s House]

(Stefan enters the living room and sees Caroline)

Stefan: Hey. When'd you get here?

Caroline: Eh, about 1 ½ of these ago. You were right. I brought this on myself. I knew the Klaus thing was gonna come with consequences. Guess now I just have to deal with it and learn from my mistakes

Stefan: Glad I could help. So did you find Matt?

Caroline: Yes, and Tyler was right. Nadia's been compelling him to forget things

Stefan: What do you mean? What kind of things?

Caroline: Who knows? He tried to message me, but Nadia stopped him. "Help. K" was all I got

Stefan: Huh

Caroline: So you and Elena? What's the verdict?

Stefan: Um, well, the verdict is she's acting strange. She kissed me

Caroline: Excuse me?

Stefan: Yeah. My car broke down, so we got a hotel room so she could shower…

Caroline: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You guys got a hotel room with a shower?

Stefan: Yeah, but it wasn't like that. I mean, I stopped it obviously. I couldn't do it to Damon

Caroline: Yeah, but she could? I just... I don't get it. She knows that this would destroy him. What is she doing?

Stefan: That's what I mean. It's like she's given up on Damon, and he thinks that she was trying to get me to k*ll him tonight

Caroline: But she would never want him dead

Stefan: Unless... Matt texted you, "help. K," before Nadia stopped him. "K," as in Katherine, and when Katherine was dying, Nadia figured out a way to put Katherine's spirit inside Nadia's body

Caroline: Yeah, but that didn't happen because Katherine had a change of heart. No. No. You don't think that… it's impossible that she'd be… we would have noticed. It's Elena. We know her… Oh, my God