05x15 - Gone Girl

Episode transcripts for the TV show "The Vampire Diaries". Aired September 2009 - March 2017.*

Moderator: DelenaForever

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A high school girl is torn between two vampire brothers.

05x15 - Gone Girl

Post by bunniefuu »

Northern Europe, 1520

[A Cottage]

(A woman knocks on the door. A man opens it. It turns out that the woman is actually Nadia)

Nadia: Good evening, sir. If I could trouble you for a moment. I'm looking for someone. Her name is Katerina Petrova. She was last seen outside of London in 1492. She's on the run. I need to find her. I need to ask her why she abandoned me

Nowadays

[A Warehouse]

(Katherine is with Nadia)

Katherine: Nadia?

Nadia: Please. I need to know

Katherine: Nadia, I'm right here. I'm right here

Nadia: Uhh. I was dreaming how I searched for you from village to village

Katherine: I know. I heard you. You said that I abandoned you. You were ripped from my arms as a baby. It's completely different

Nadia: Not for a child without a mother

Katherine: You know, all this guilt is really taking all the fun out of this mother-daughter outing. I'm sorry Tyler bit you, but you're not going to die

Nadia: Did you ask Klaus for his blood?

Katherine: Oh, my, you really are delirious. Nadia, he would love nothing more than to watch my daughter die

Nadia: And you don't want to risk being outed

Katherine: No, I don't. So, that's why I called him

(Wes rejoins them)

Wes: Nice to meet you. I'm Dr. Maxfield

Katherine: And luckily for us, he'll love nothing more than to study your blood

Wes: Werewolf venom isn't easy to come by

Nadia: Get away from me

Katherine: It’s ok. Nadia, it's ok

Wes: Listen to your mother. The venom in your blood is a toxin with basic chemical properties. Once I study its make-up, I can... Create the antidote

Katherine: It's ok. Come on, come on, honey. There you go

Nadia: If I'd known I just had to die to drag your attention from Stefan, I would have tried it a long time ago

Katherine: If you're trying to make me feel guilty... It's almost working

Nadia: I'm just glad you're here now

Katherine: Me, too. I'm going to be a better mother, starting right now. I promise you... I'm going to save your life

[Salvatore’s House]

(Damon is still in the cell, all tied up. Stefan’s with him)

Damon: she's brilliant

Stefan: We haven't noticed that Katherine's been inhabiting Elena's body for weeks, and that's all you have to say?

Damon: Yep

Stefan: And you realize that it was Katherine who broke up with you, it wasn't Elena

Damon: Mm-hmm

Stefan: Right. So, your little m*rder spree with Enzo where you k*lled Aaron, you nearly k*lled Jeremy, tried to k*ll Wes but you got infected with that ripper virus... That was all you reacting to Katherine

Damon: I'm trying to figure out why you decided to tell a starving, bloodthirsty, vampire-feeding ripper that his Nemesis is still walking around alive and well while I am stuck in this cell and can't do anything about it

Stefan: I have it under control

Damon: I'd love to hear this

(Tyler, Matt and Caroline are in the library)

Matt: Hang on here. Katherine's still alive? How is that even possible?

Caroline: Remember that time Nadia's ex Gregor hitched a ride in your head? Ok, well, it's kind of the same thing. Katherine is a passenger in Elena, except it's worse because none of us seemed to notice

Tyler: She was at my house. How did none of us figure it out?

Caroline: Because it's Katherine, and she's smart, and conniving and sneaky and... We're the worst friends ever

(They’re on speakerphone with Bonnie and Jeremy)

Jeremy: This makes no sense. She saved my life. She gave me CPR when Enzo tried to k*ll me. Katherine would never do that

Bonnie: That's what made her so believable. She played Elena to a t. If she let you die, her cover was blown

Caroline: I was sleeping 3 feet away from her. She picked out my bitter ball dress. And I let her use my toothpaste

(Stefan rejoins them)

Stefan: Yeah, well, did she lure you into a hotel room to make out with you?

Tyler: She's the reason I found out about you and Klaus

Caroline: Of course. Oh, my God

Tyler: So, how do we k*ll the bitch?

Stefan: Well, passengers can be expelled from the host. Saw it happen with Matt. Gregor d*ed and Matt lived. All we have to do is s*ab her with a traveler Kn*fe

Matt: I still have the Kn*fe that Nadia gave me

Stefan: Perfect. Go get it

Caroline: Hold on, guys, this is Katherine that we're talking about. She's gonna see a sneak att*ck coming from a mile away. We gotta get her to come to us. Get her guard down. Corner her

Tyler: Fat chance you'll be seeing her today. I'm pretty sure I bit Nadia

Matt: What do you mean you bit her?

Tyler: I mean she was attacking Caroline and I might've nipped her a little

Matt: And you're just mentioning this now?

Caroline: Hey, guys, focus. Tyler's right. Katherine is not going to leave Nadia's side unless not leaving compromises her identity

Matt: Which means?

Caroline: We gotta invite her to something that Elena can't say no to

[Whitmore College]

(Bonnie and Jeremy are together and still on the phone with the group)

Bonnie: A surprise party? Seriously? I wanted a spa day.You try feeling the death of every supernatural creature who passes through you on their way to the other side

Jeremy: I'm not saying you don't deserve it. Besides, your birthday isn't until next week

Caroline: That's what makes it a surprise

[A Warehouse]

(Katherine is on the phone)

Katherine: Yeah, I don't think Bonnie would want a big party for her birthday

Caroline: Of course she does. So, when can you get over to Stefan's to help us set up?

Katherine: I can't

Caroline: You can't?

Katherine: I would love to, but I just... I can't. Um... I'm making arrangements for Aaron Whitmore's funeral. The only reason Damon k*lled him was because we broke up, so, I kind of feel like I owe it to Aaron. You understand, right?

Caroline: Of course. No, that's really nice of you

(They hang up and Bonnie calls)

Nadia: Elena, you're so popular today

(Katherine picks up)

Katherine: Hey, Bonnie

Bonnie: Hey. How's it going?

Katherine: You sound tired

Bonnie: Yeah. I had to pull an all-nighter for my sociology exam and then woke up to a coven of dead Russian witches passing through me on the way to the other side. Sorry. Self-pity. So not cute

Katherine: No, I totally get it. You're the anchor now. That must be... exhausting

Bonnie: Do you want to maybe meet up for a coffee or something? It's just been one of those days, you know?

Katherine: Yeah. Well, ha! This is gonna sound crazy, but I'm actually at the day spa right now buying you a gift certificate for your birthday. It was supposed to be a surprise but, well, surprise!

Bonnie: You read my mind. That's so you

Katherine: Hey, look, I'll check in with you later

Bonnie: Ok

(They hang up)

Katherine: Why are they being so clingy today?

[Salvatore’s House]

(Stefan is with Damon in his cell)

Damon: What are you doing?

Stefan: There you go. Drink

Damon: I need more

Stefan: Too bad

Damon: That was nothing

Stefan: That's exactly 4 ounces. When you were out k*lling vampires,you said one vampire kept you good for 8 hours. So, our friend Caroline did a little bit of math...

Damon: Caroline?

Stefan: Relax. She had a calculator. So, 4 ounces 3 times a day should be just enough to help manage the hunger

Damon: You mean manage me

Stefan: So you don't rip anyone's head off. We'll deal with your crisis once we get Elena back

Damon: I'll deal with my own crisis. Listen, you just let me out of here. I'll find Wes, I'll get the antidote

Stefan: And then what, huh? You skip town? Leave it to me to tell Elena everything you did after you thought she broke up with you?

Damon: Who are you calling there, buddy?

Stefan: Katherine's been making a lot of excuses and I have a feeling she won't be able to say no to me

(A phone suddenly rings)

Stefan: It's your phone. Elena is calling. Answer it

(Damon answers)

Damon: Elena. Hey

Katherine: Hey. Um... how are you?

Damon: Well, you know. Strung up, hungry. Same old, same old

Katherine: Now that the dust has settled, I was hoping that, I don't know, maybe we can talk about what happened at the farmhouse. Can I see you?

Damon: Ok. Sure. Why don't you just come to the house and we'll talk about it here?

Katherine: Perfect. I'll see you soon

Damon: Ok. Bye

(He hangs up)

[A Warehouse]

Katherine: Damon knows that he tried to k*ll me less than 24 hours ago. There isn't a single vampire-craving bone in his body that would risk putting his precious Elena back in that kind of danger again

Nadia: And yet he's desperate to see her. Just like her other friends

Katherine: They know

[Salvatore’s House]

Stefan: Doesn't make any sense.She's dodged everyone's attempt to try to get her over here. Now she voluntarily wants to come over?

Damon: Unless...

Stefan: Unless?

Damon: She was testing me. She knows

France, 1720

(Nadia rejoins a man in the woods)

Nadia: Money for information. I was told you saw Katerina Petrova k*ll a man in cold blood outside the court of Versailles. I want to know if that's true

Nowadays

[A Church]

(Katherine and Nadia have settled there now)

Nadia: She's been on the run for... 228 years

Katherine: You passed out in the car. I didn't want to wake you

Nadia: Huh. Perfect. I can make my peace with the universe

Katherine: Don't talk like that. I brought you here so that I could hide you till Wes finds a way to heal you

Nadia: You should leave now. While you can. There's no point in trying to save me

Katherine: I didn't raise you to be a quitter. And I promise... As soon as you get better, we're leaving. Together

[Salvatore’s House]

(Stefan and Caroline are in the basement, in front of Damon’s cell)

Caroline: Of course. The farther she gets, the worse our chances are of ever seeing Elena again. It's bad enough that we didn't recognize Katherine. We also just blew our only advantage

Damon: Nothing a little locator spell can't fix

[Whitmore College]

(Bonnie and Jeremy rejoin Liv)

Liv: Let me guess. Matter of life and death?

Bonnie: Kind of. Yeah, um, do you remember that locator spell we did the other night?

Liv: Sure. We ended up saving him. You're welcome, by the way

Bonnie: Now we need you to find his sister

Liv: Why? She ran away from home?

Bonnie: No. She's been possessed by her evil doppelganger

Liv: Ok...

Bonnie: Liv. Will you help us?

Liv: I can be convinced

[Salvatore’s House]

(Tyler is sitting in front of Damon’s cell)

Damon: Need blood

Tyler: You just had your lunch 30 minutes ago

Damon: Or you could give me a couple sips of that hybrid juice. I can be on my way and I'll take up my ripper situation with Wes

Tyler: Not gonna happen

Damon: Can I ask you a question without you getting all wolf man on me?

Tyler: Do I have a choice?

Damon: Why are you still here?

Tyler: I'm a hybrid and you need a baby-sitter

Damon: Oh, no, I mean here here, in Mystic Falls here. Your family's all dead and I don't see you getting a job at the Grill. Yet I don't see you in a Whitmore hoodie, either. Something tells me that there's a little masochistic voice inside your head that's trying to convince you that you and Caroline still have a fighting chance in hell

Tyler: I think you have enough problems without having to worry about me

Damon: You're probably right. One small difference between you and me... You want to hear it?

Tyler: Not especially

Damon: You see, even after all the terrible things I do, Elena still chose me.Because she's fighting for me. Caroline, on the other hand, chose the nuclear option. You know that big, red button that just nukes your entire relationship once and for all? Well, sleeping with the guy that k*lled your mom was kind of her way of slamming her hand down

Tyler: You think Elena will still want you back after this? It's over, Damon. Fix yourself and run. Far away

Damon: I plan on it. How's New Orleans this time of year?

Tyler: You really think Elena's gonna forgive you? Look at you. You k*lled her friend. You almost k*lled her brother. You nearly k*lled her. You're a joke, Damon

Damon: Says the guy pining after the girl who slept with Klaus

Tyler: You don't know anything about me

Damon: I know how to get you in this cell

(Damon att*cks him and flees)

(Caroline arrives in the cell)

Caroline: Hey, ready for a changing of the guard... Oh, my God! Oh, my God. Tyler?

Tyler: I'm ok

Caroline: He fed on you?

Tyler: I said I'm fine

Caroline: Why would you come in here?

Tyler: Why do you think? Damon knew exactly how to piss me off

(Stefan enters)

Stefan: What the hell happened?

Tyler: I think Damon went to go find Wes
[Whitmore College]

(Liv, Bonnie and Jeremy are in Bonnie’s dorm)

Liv: Elena's necklace. Candle. Map. Give me your hand. You're Elena's brother. That makes you blood. So, hand it over

Bonnie: Actually, he's her cousin. It's a long story

Liv: Whatever. Close enough

Bonnie: That's not... That's not how I taught you

Liv: Relax, Mr. Miyagi. I'm feeling my way through it, ok? Now, what do I say, again? Does Elena look anything like you?

Jeremy: Uh, same color hair

Liv: What about her eyes? Are they as pretty as yours?

Bonnie: Is this really necessary?

Liv: I'm sorry. I'm searching for his sister/cousin's doppelganger in my mind. I'll take all the help I can get. Does your sister spend a lot of time in church?

[A Church]

Nadia: Are you leaving?

Katherine: I'm going to check on Wes. He's taking too long

Nadia: Be careful. They're all out looking for you

Katherine: That's never stopped me before

[A Warehouse]

(Wes is working on his serum and he hears a noise)

Wes: Hello?

Damon: What's up, doc?

Wes: How did you find me?

Damon: I called my friend Enzo and asked him about the little adventure he had with you. Gotta say, long way off the tenure track, huh? Huh. I take it the Augustine society hit a bit of a rough streak

Wes: There is no Augustine society, Damon. It's just me

Damon: Well, then I guess you're my guy. You see, I have this long road ahead of me to win my ex-girlfriend back. But I don't have a chance in hell if I'm lusting over her blood. Follow?

Wes: Even if I did cure you of this virus, what difference does it make? So you stop feeding on your friends and go back to feeding on innocent people. Is that really gonna impress Elena Gilbert?

Damon: Look at me. You did this to me

Wes: I didn't do this to you. You are this. I simply held up the mirror

Damon: Now it's my turn to play doctor

Prague, a few months ago

(Nadia and Matt are in bed)

Nadia: That was fun

Matt: You think?

Nadia: You must really trust Rebekah. Watch this.I'm going to steal her earrings... And you're not going to say anything. See? You're hanging out with an original vampire and you're not even on vervain. Trust

Matt: You know she's an original?

Nadia: I recognized her on the dance floor. I was hoping she'd know something about her brother Klaus' favorite vampire: Katherine Pierce. Maybe you heard of her?

Matt: Yeah. Yeah, I've heard of her. I know her. Why do you care?

Nadia: Because she is my mother, and I'd very much like to meet her. I'm going to take your ring. Now I have a reason to see you again

[A Warehouse]

Katherine: Wes? What the hell is taking so I... No. No. Please, no. No

(Her phone rings)

Katherine: Nadia, I'm coming back to the church right now

Stefan: She's not at the church anymore. She's with me at home

Katherine: Stefan, why do you have Nadia's phone?

Stefan: She doesn't have much time left, Katherine

Katherine: I don't know what you're talking about

Stefan: I know that it's you and I know that you care about Nadia. That's why I brought her here

Katherine: Prove it. Put her on the phone

Nadia: Katherine? Run

(Stefan takes the phone back)

Stefan: You can always run, Katherine. It's what you do best. Or you can come home and see your daughter one last time before she dies. It's your choice

[Salvatore’s House]

(Matt comes to Nadia’s side)

Matt: Your hands are like ice

Nadia: Gregor

Matt: No, it's Matt. I'm not...

Nadia: Gregor, I'm sorry I betrayed you. I did it for my mother. I did everything for her

Matt: I know you did

Nadia: Forgive me?

Matt: Yes. I forgive you. Hey, hey. Shh. It's ok. It's ok. Shh

Nadia: I... I don't want to die. I don't want to die

(The group rejoin them. Bonnie sits down next to Nadia)

Nadia: What's gonna happen when I die?

Bonnie: I'll take your hand... And you'll go to the other side. Just like that

Nadia: Will it hurt?

Bonnie: You won't feel any pain

(Katherine arrives)

Katherine: I'm here to see my daughter. Nadia

Nadia: You came back for me

Katherine: I won't leave you again

Nadia: Did you find a way to save me?

Katherine: Klaus' blood would've saved you... If I'd asked for it

Nadia: You would have outed yourself

Katherine: But you would've been alive. And now it's too late

Nadia: My mother's name is Katherine. I'm looking for her

Katherine: You found me. Nadia, I'm right here

Nadia: She's a liar. And a m*rder*r. She manipulates. She betrays. She will do anything to survive

Katherine: Nadia. No, I'm... I'm right here. Nadia, look at me. Look at me. I'm here. I'm right here

Nadia: I'm looking for my mother

Katherine: This is not what your life should've been. 500 years searching for a mother who ended up... being me. Let me show you what your life should've been. What your perfect day would have been like. You and I had a little cottage. It was an ordinary summer day. You'd been playing outside.So, you were tired and it was time for bed. You told me about the fort that you'd built. Out in the woods by the river. And so I asked if I could visit. And you said when the sun came up in the morning, and I said... Good night, Nadia. Sleep well. Your mother loves you

(Nadia dies and she appears next to Bonnie. She finally passes to the other side. Katherine gets up)

Katherine: So. This is it

Damon: Hello, Katherine. You didn't think I'd miss this, did you?

Katherine: Ok. So. Who's got the Kn*fe? Which one of you is gonna get to k*ll the elusive Katherine Pierce once and for all? What? Suddenly everyone's speechless? When I was on my deathbed, you all had plenty to say. Is it you, Tyler? Because I triggered the werewolf curse? Gave you an identity and made you matter?

Tyler: You've done nothing for me

Katherine: Oh, please, Tyler. If I hadn't walked into your life, you'd just be a wasted nobody with a boozy mom and a temper problem

Caroline: Don't. Don't

Katherine: And you. I'm not worried about you offing me. Because we both know I made you better by making you a vampire

Caroline: Good-bye, Katherine

Katherine: Bye-bye, Caroline

(She looks at Matt)

Katherine: Ooh. The one girl here who actually appreciates how beautiful you are. You wouldn't s*ab me in the heart, Matty blue? No, I don't think so. You will definitely go down as the best night I never had. Oh well

Matt: Oh well

(She looks at Jeremy)

Katherine: Well, little Gilbert, it was nice to have a brother for a second there. When you weren't being so damn annoying!

(She looks at Bonnie)

Katherine: Bon Bon, no need for good-byes. I'll see you on the flip side

(She then gets closer to Damon)

Katherine: Damon. Oh, how you'd love nothing more than to drive that blade right through me

Damon: We've already done this, Kitty Kat. I've said all I needed to say

Katherine: I know, but I never got to say what I needed to say to you. I'm sorry. You blame me for who you are. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I turned you. I'm sorry that you didn't get to die as a forgotten nobody on a bloody b*ttlefield, and your father didn't get to live another day to be disgraced by you. Damon, I'm sorry that I gave your life purpose. Passion. Drive. Desire. I'm sorry that you are who you are because I'm the one that taught you how to love

Damon: I'll see you in hell, Katherine

(She then turns her attention to Stefan)

Katherine: Stefan. You know, I always wondered what it would be like to be loved by you. You've got to admit, that one fleeting moment... Your feelings were real.This truly has been the role of a lifetime. Stefan, I love you. I've always loved you

(He stabs her)

Katherine: Uhh. I guess this is how... Our love story ends

(Matt is with Nadia. Tyler rejoins him)

Jeremy: Stefan said we should bury her in the woods

Matt: Screw that. She deserves better

Jeremy: You need some help?

Matt: No. I got this

(Damon and Stefan are with Elena)

Damon: Why is she not waking up?

Stefan: When Gregor left Matt's body, it took him a while to wake up, too. Which gives us a little bit of time to talk about what the hell you did

Damon: Relax. Thanks to Tyler's friendly donation, I'll be fine for a couple hours

Stefan: A few hours, huh? And then what? What's the plan?

Damon: Tell her everything I did. Let the chips crash and burn where they may

Stefan: Optimistic

Damon: I don't want to be another Katherine Pierce. Katherine spent her whole life running from her problems only to die here. All alone

(Tyler and Caroline are outside)

Caroline: Is it wrong that I feel...

Tyler: Victorious?

Caroline: Sad. I know that Katherine is a horrible person, but...

Tyler: But you see the good in people

Caroline: You mean Klaus. Because I saw the good in Klaus

Tyler: Your words. Not mine

Caroline: Your hybrid bite just k*lled someone and no one even batted an eye. I sleep with the wrong guy weeks ago and I don't hear the end of it. How is that fair?

Tyler: I don't know, Care. Maybe people just expect more from you

Caroline: Why? Because being good comes so easy to me? Well, guess what, Tyler? It doesn't. I am a vampire. I have the same impulses as you.So, I'm allowed to make some mistakes along the way. Yes, I slept with Klaus... But after you walked away from me. That was my choice and I am living with it and I don't need to be hearing about it every 5 seconds. So, just get over it or get out of my life, but... I'm done feeling guilty

[A church]

(Bonnie lights a candle)

Bonnie: This is for you, dad. I want you to know how much I miss you

(Katherine appears)

Katherine: You've got to be kidding me, right? Something tells me I'm about 5 centuries delayed on the whole believing in a higher power thing

Bonnie: Well, you're here. That means it worked. You're dead

Katherine: True. Then again, your friends didn't really give me much of a choice in the matter. Using my only daughter against me? Harsh. I suppose I could've spent the next 500 years running, but for what? My daughter was dying. Stefan would never love me. I was back to having nothing. Elena wins again

Bonnie:Let's get this over with

Katherine: I'm really starting to get sick of Elena getting everything that I want

Bonnie: What is that supposed to mean?

Katherine: Wes had no intention of helping Nadia

A few hours earlier

[A Warehouse]

(Katherine is on the phone with Stefan)

Stefan: You can always run, Katherine. It's your choice

(She hangs up and finds Wes’ digital recorder)

Wes: A good day. I've managed to extract the werewolf venom from Nadia Petrova's blood. The addition of the venom will make the ripper virus even more lethal to vampires

[A Church]

Katherine: He was just using her as a case study in his project to wipe out vampires off the face of the earth

Bonnie: Why are you telling me this?

[Salvatore’s House]

(Elena is starting to wake up)

Damon: Hey. Elena?

[A Church]

Katherine: I've said it before and I'll say it again. Elena had the life I always wanted. Heh. Well, until now

Bonnie: Katherine, what did you do?

Katherine: Stefan thought he gave me a choice: Run or die. But that's not really much of a choice, is it? After all, Nadia was the only person in this world who really loved me.And I wasn't about to let my daughter die alone. But Katherine Pierce wasn't about to go gentle, either

[Salvatore’s House]

Elena: Hi

Damon: Are you... you?

Elena: Yeah. Yeah, it's me. I'm here

[A Church]

Katherine: I left Elena with a little bit of a parting gift. If I can't have Stefan, then no one can. Ok. Now I'm ready.Nothing's happening. What's wrong?

Bonnie: I don't know. This has never happened before

Katherine: Bonnie, what are you doing? Let me pass through. Why won't you let me pass through?

Bonnie: I don't know. I don't control it

Katherine: What?

Bonnie: It's not up to me

Katherine: Then who is it up to? Bonnie!

Bonnie: I can't help you, Katherine

Katherine: What... no, no no! Nooooo!