06x24 - ...Must Come to an End

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Dawson's Creek". Aired: January 1998 to May 2003.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Four friends in a small coastal town help each other cope with adolescence.

06x24 - ...Must Come to an End

Post by destinyros2005 »

Series Finale (Part 2 of 2)
Episode 624 - ...Must Come to an End

In this episode: A joyous reunion turns to heartbreak at the creek - Five years have passed and everyone is reunited in Capeside for a special wedding, but the happy reunion is cut short after the group learns that one of their own has been harboring a heartbreaking secret. Since they were last together, Dawson has been living in Los Angeles producing his autobiographical television series ‘The Creek, but has never forgotten the love of his life; Joey is a successful book editor living in New York with her boyfriend but comes home to realize she still loves her childhood sweethearts; Pacey is the owner of the new Ice House and still carries a torch for Joey, although he continues his pattern of getting into trouble with older women, including his newest conquest; Jen is a single mom living with Grams and managing an art gallery in Soho; and Jack is a teacher at Capeside High and has fallen in love with a secretly gay man.

Original Airdate: May 14, 2002

[Scene: The hallway outside Jen's Hospital room. Jack comes out to join Pacey, Joey, Dawson and Grams. They are all worriedly pacing and waiting.]

Jack: Ok, here's the deal. She knows that you know, but she's got a few requests. No maudlin soap opera theatrics. She wants the room drama-free and full of laughter. No tears. In fact, she's instructed me to bar anyone from the hospital that cries.

Joey: I can't promise that.

Dawson: Who could?

Jack: Then you leave. Jen's rules.

Grams: It's what she wants, children. Just do the best you can.

Dawson: Do we all go in together?

Jack: Uh, not at first. I think we should ease into this. So why don't we try one at a time?

Joey: This isn't happening. I can't believe this is happening.

Jack: Who wants to go first?

[No body jumps at the opportunity, and finally Pacey speaks up.]

Pacey: [Chuckles] Send in the clown, huh?

[Scene: Jen's Hospital room. Pacey knocks on the door and pokes his head inside and sees Jen sitting up on the bed. He goes in and walks over to the bed.]

[Knock on door]

Jen: So. So they sent you in first.

Pacey: Yeah, I'm the opening act.

Jen: Well, you can start off by wiping that fake smile off your face. Say something, Pacey.

Pacey: Well, Jack tells me you're dying. But other than that, everything's ok, right?

Jen: [Laughs] Thank you. Come here.

[He goes over and gives her some flowers.]

Pacey: These are for you.

Jen: Oh, thank you. They're beautiful.

[Scene: The waiting room. Jen, Grams, Joey and Dawson are sitting out there waiting for their turn to talk to Jen.]

Joey: Are they sure? I mean, if it's her heart, can't she have a transplant?

Grams: She'll never make the donor list, and with her lungs failing...

[Jack looks up and sees Doug walk in carrying a bunch of flowers.]

Doug: Hey.

Jack: Hey.

Doug: I, uh, I got these for Jen. Will you tell her that I came by?

Jack: I will.

[Pacey comes out and walks over to join them.]

Pacey: The lady will see you now.

[Scene: Jen's Hospital room. Dawson, Joey and Pacey come walking into the room, and Pacey makes is way over and sits on the end of the bed.]

Dawson: Hey there.

Jen: Hi.

Joey: How you doing?

Pacey: What's wrong with these guys?

Jen: I don't know. What's wrong, guys? Is someone dying or something?

Joey: It's not funny.

Pacey: On the contrary, it's fatally funny.

Jen: I could die laughing.

Pacey: [Laughs]

[Joey looks at the too of them like they are crazy.]

Joey: Stop it.

Jen: Come on, guys. It's funny, ok? It has to be. It has to be funny. Otherwise, I'm gonna get angry and bitter, and I don't want to.

Pacey: She gets very crabby on her deathbed.

[Scene: The Potter B&B. Joey is sitting at the table, when Bessie walks into the room. ]

Bessie: How is she?

Joey: More brave than she'll ever know.

Bessie: I'm just on my way over there now. Can you keep an eye on Alexander?

Joey: Yeah.

[Cell phone rings]

Bessie: You're avoiding.

Joey: No, I'm not.

Bessie: You mean that wasn't Christopher?

Joey: Yes, it was him. Every time the phone rings, it's him.

Bessie: I still think you owe it to that boy to call him up and tell him you've been avoiding his calls because you're too chicken to tell him it's over.

Joey: I'm not too chicken to tell him that it's over. I'm just-- I'm not sure if it's over.

Bessie: You're still in love with your ex-boyfriend.

Joey: I am not still in love with my ex-boyfriend.

Bessie: No, you're still in love with your ex-boyfriends, plural.

Joey: Bessie, that is ridiculous.

Bessie: Come on, dial the number. I'll hold your hand. Go.

[Bessie hands Joey the phone.]

Joey: I hate you.

Bessie: You're welcome.

[Scene: The New Icehouse. Joey comes walking up to the place just as Pacey is closing up, and he turns and sees her before locking the door.]

Pacey: Hi.

Joey: Hey. I was walking around in a fog and... realized I hadn't eaten today.

Pacey: Well, you've come to the right place.

[Cut to inside the kitchen. Pacey is cooking some food while Joey is sitting on the counter next to him]

Pacey: Mmm. Try that.

Joey: Mmm.

Pacey: Yeah?

Joey: Yep. No suit and tie for you. This is definitely your calling.

Pacey: The man in the apron who's rooted-- who's cemented into Capeside.

Joey: Pace, what's with the life ennui?

Pacey: Well, come on, Dawson went off and conquered Hollywood, you ran away to Paris and New York, and I...

Joey: Well, I didn't run. I flew--coach.

Pacey: [Laughs] Regardless. I left this town for, what, a total of 2 years in my entire life?

Joey: Yeah, but, Pacey, you have a restaurant. It's what you love.

Pacey: Why couldn't I have a restaurant in Hollywood or New York?

Joey: Pacey, don't be so hard on yourself. I mean, I know that with everything that's going on right now, it's hard not to be, but...come on. You've really got it going on. You have a great life here.

Pacey: Yeah.

[Slides Kn*fe across cutting board]

Pacey: I just wish that I could feel that.

Joey: You don't?

Pacey: Well, I didn't... until you came breezing through my door again.

Joey: Uh-oh.

Pacey: [Laughs] There's no need to bolt. I'm just saying thank you. You reminded me of what I'm capable of feeling. It's like I was... walking around seeing my life through a smudged window, and then I saw you and the smudges were gone. The window was clean.

Joey: Eloquent.

Pacey: Well, I try.

[She throws some noodles at him.]

Pacey: Hey! Hey!

[He throws noodles back at her and a big food fight begins]

Pacey: In my-- in my kitchen, I'm the only one who throws anything. I want you to think very carefully about the next thing that you do.

[She eats some noodles]

Joey: [Humming]

Pacey: [Chuckles]

[They get close almost ready to kiss

Pacey: And here we are again. What is it between the two of us?

Joey: Are you bringing us down? Because you know what? I have enough frequent flyer miles to get a nonstop out of here.

Pacey: Really? I'd hate for you to do that. You know, I would never bring you down, because I just want you to be—

[He grabs some noodle and throws them down her shirt.]

Joey: [Gasps]

Pacey: What are you gonna eat? That's your dinner.

Joey: Pacey, is this ok? Should we be laughing like this?

Pacey: I would say at a time like this, yes, now more than ever

[Commercial Break]

[Scene: Jen's hospital room. Jen is lying there in bed, talking to Joey who is walking around the bed and takes a seat in a chair next to Jen's bed and is helping her put on some makeup.]

Jen: So, what, so that was it? So no begging and pleading?

Joey: Well, there was a lot of pausing and heavy silence, and he did his whole "uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh thing."

Jen: No big...suicidal "I can't live without you" speech? I mean, I thought that this guy was a brooding writer.

Joey: He mumbled something about "love is so short, forgetting is so long."

Jen: Oh, my god. That's beautiful.

Joey: He stole it. Pablo Neruda, 20 love poems and a song of despair, published in hardback, 1924.

Jen: Joey, Joey, Joey. What am I going to do with you? You're constantly getting into these situations where you jump in with your heart, and then you have to jump out with your head. Your heart and your head have just been in constant conflict with each other.

Joey: Well, that's because there's nothing else to be conflicted about. I am all out of conflict. I have been for years.

Jen: Well, if you ever want to be reminded of it, you can just watch Dawson's show. What about that girl that they cast as me? Ohh. I've often thought about getting a lawyer and suing his ass.

Joey: Well, at least you get to have sex. All I do is mope around and pine after Petey, then Colby, then Colby, then Petey.

Jen: [Laughs] Well, you never could make a decision.

Joey: You know, that's where he got it all wrong. I mean, the eternal triangle, it's based on actual events. It's not about Sam choosing between Colby and Petey. It never was. It's about... Sam making a decision with herself.

Jen: Can we just use the real names here? There's no need to protect the guilty in this room.

Joey: It's just sad that it took a TV show to make me see it.

Jen: What? See what? I'm incredibly interested in all of this.

Joey: The only decision left is the one that I need to make with myself-- to stop running... once and for all. I mean, I know who I'm supposed to be with. I've always known.

Jen: Really?

Joey: Yeah, but then the fear takes over, the free-floating, anxiety-ridden fear in the pit of my stomach that makes me run. Jen, I am completely comfortable running. I really don't know any other way.

Jen: Maybe I can help. [Clears throat] What if I demand that you make that decision? No more running. I'm going to make it my dying wish. My death will serve a greater purpose. It's your ultimate motivator.

Joey: Jen.

Jen: Hey. Just for the record here, because I feel like I'm a little bit out of the loop on this, who is it that you've always known that you were meant to be with? Is it Colby or is it Petey?

[Knock on door]

Joey: It—

[Dawson comes walking into the room with a wheel chair.]

Dawson: hey, Jo. I've come to kidnap Jen, that is, if you're ready.

Jen: Ready and waiting. Get me out of this bed.

[Scene: Outside in the Ruins, which has now become a public park. Dawson is setting up his camera, while Jen is sitting in the wheelchair next to the water. Dawson is uncomfortable, and you can tell he is doing this for Jen.]

Jen: It's beautiful today, isn't it? Mmm. How the sun just affects every breathing thing. I mean, you can really see it.

Dawson: Ok, Mrs. Dalloway.

Jen: [Chuckles] Thank god your humor has returned.

Dawson: You sure you want to do this?

Jen: Absolutely. [Clears throat] You?

Dawson: 100% sure... I don't. But I don't think you're gonna let me out of it, so...

Jen: I'll be quick. I promise. You can turn it on.

[He begins filming]

Jen: Hi, Amy, it's mom. Well, by the time you see this, I won't be here anymore, and I know how much that sucks, for both of us. So seeing as how I won't be around to thoroughly annoy you, I thought I would give you a little list of the things that I wish for you. Well, there's the obvious. An education. Family. Friends. And a life that is full of the unexpected. Be sure to make mistakes. Make a lot of them, because there's no better way to learn and to grow, all right? And, um, I want you to spend a lot of time at the ocean, because the ocean forces you to dream, and I insist that you, my girl, be a dreamer. God. I've never really believed in god. In fact, I've spent a lot of time and energy trying to disprove that god exists. But I hope that you are able to believe in god, because the thing that I've come to realize, sweetheart... is that it just doesn't matter if god exists or not. The important thing is for you to believe in something, because I promise you that that belief will keep you warm at night, and I want you to feel safe always. And then there's love. I want you to love to the tips of your fingers, and when you find that love, wherever you find it, whoever you choose, don't run away from it. But you don't have to chase after it either. You just be patient, and it'll come to you, I promise, and when you least expect it, like you, like spending the best year of my life with the sweetest and the smartest and the most beautiful baby girl in the world. You don't be afraid, sweetheart. And remember, to love is to live.

[Scene: Jen's Hospital room. Jen is sitting in the bed, while Pacey is setting up a VCR, and putting a tape into it.]

Pacey: Dawson still doesn't know I borrowed this.

Jen: You mean stole?

Pacey: No, I mean borrowed. You don't steal from friends.

Jen: When did you borrow this?

Pacey: Uh, in 1998, right after he sh*t it.

Jen: Oh. Ha ha.

[Slow-tempo rock ballad playing Alanys Morressettes One hand in my pocket.]

[The TV displays the tape which has scenes from the very early episodes, and the full sh*ts used in the opening credits in the first year. Mainly the Initial four of them hanging out and having fun together.]

Jen: Oh, god, we're so gawky.

Pacey: Well... you anyway.

Jen: Yeah. Jet was such a long time ago.

Pacey: [Sighs] Yes, it was.

Jen: I recognize a Joey trance when I see it.

Pacey: [Laughs] It is definitely nice to have her back around again.

Jen: Do you feel the sparks?

Pacey: Well, you can never really deny the sparks between the two of us. When she's around, I just feel more... I feel more alive.

Jen: Mm...

Pacey: I think people underestimate how important that is.

Jen: I think they overestimate it, too. I mean, as much as you want to, you can't rely on someone else to make you feel alive. It's an inside job.

Pacey: True.

Jen: So, do you plan on borrowing her or stealing her from your best friend?

Pacey: Well, I'm hoping that it's a little different now and maybe we've moved beyond that.

Jen: I just want the 3 of you to stay friends... and I hope you stay in touch. Never forget what you mean to each other and the effect that you've had on each other's lives. So friendship can really never be over or underestimated. [Breathes deeply, sniffles] Oh, god, I hate this. I'm so angry. I'm so angry. I don't want to do this. I don't want to... die. I hate this. Remind me to never do it again. It's not funny. I'm losing my sense of humor here, Pace. I don't want to leave my daughter. I don't want to leave her alone.

Pacey: We will not leave your daughter alone I promise you that. Saturday night has me and Amy's name written all over it, ok? We will take care of your baby. I promise you. Oh, my god.

[They Hug]

[Commercial Break]
[Scene: The Ruins. Dawson is sitting in a there alone thinking, when Joey comes over and sits on the bench next to him.]

Joey: Hey.

Dawson: Hey.

Joey: How'd it go?

Dawson: Well, you know that list of hardest things to live through? You just got bumped again. Ah. I'm so out of touch, Jo. I've... I've wasted so much time living in my little Hollywood bubble even now, my mind's on my work. I hate to admit that. Show's calling every 5 seconds. The network wants a script, which I haven't finished yet, because I don't know how. I don't have an ending. I can't even think straight enough to write one.

Joey: Dawson, this is a time of extreme stress.

Dawson: It's not just that. When I saw Jen for the first time the other with Amy my first thought was, when did Jen have a baby? I forgot Jen had a baby. I forgot I knew that. What-- what's wrong with me?

Joey: You cannot feel guilty about that, Dawson. My office is calling every 5 seconds. It's--it's called life, and we just have to deal. Deal with—

Dawson: With what, though? It's not Shakespeare. I'm not writing Schindler's list. I don't even know why I care so much. I'm no Spielberg. The guy won't even take a meeting with me. Would he?

Joey: Stop it.

Dawson: She's dying. Jo, she's gonna die, and all I can think about is some frickin' ending to some stupid TV show. I keep thinking there's gonna be time for the rest of it, but it--it--it runs out.

Joey: Yes, it does.

Dawson: Nothing in my life feels real anymore. I've lost touch with my family, my friends, you... and you and me together is the only thing that ever made sense to me, and I forgot that... until I saw you, and then it came back, what we were, and we're not even together.

Joey: Do you not watch the Creek? We're together every Wednesday at 8:00. Dawson, you wrote a show about us.

Dawson: And that's the problem. I've turned my entire life into fiction. It's not even real life that I'm living anymore.

Joey: It is real, in the best way possible. Dawson, do you know how lucky you are? You're a writer. You get to live life twice. Who else can do that?

[Scene: Jen's Hospital room. Jen is sitting on her bed, with Amy in her arms, looking over a paper, while Jack is sitting in a chair next ot her bed looking over some papers of his own.]

Jen: I like this one. Definitely an "A."

Jack: Oh, yeah. I thought it was a little pedestrian, rushed. I think, uh, Cynthia here is capable of much more.

Jen: Oh, gosh. Well, we're all capable of more, Jack.

Jack: Hey, you want to sit? You want to go in your chair?

Jen: Yeah, thanks.

[Jack picks Amy up and puts her in her child seat]

Jen: Hey.

Jack: Wanna go in your thingy? Here.

Amy: Mama.

Jack: Ohh. Speaking of capability... can I bring up the as yet unspoken subject of Amy here?

Jen: Bad segue, English teacher. I think you can do better.

Jack: Jen, come on. This is tough.

Jen: I don't want you to feel pressure, Jack.

Jack: I am her godfather.

Jen: I think that when most people sign up for godparent duties, they don't imagine that it could ever extend beyond a few baby-sits.

Jack: Jen, I want her. I want her, but I don't know what you and Grams have discussed.

Jen: Grams is aware of the reality of the situation, with her health and all... and we both think that you would make an excellent father. One request. Can you please help Amy find a place to be? I feel like I never really quite fit.

Jack: Which is why we're us.

Jen: I know. I mean, from the second that I stepped out of that cab and onto the creek, I--I was the instigator, you know? The girl who caused problems and rocked the creek and upset the delicate emotional balance of Capeside, and--and I don't want Amy to be that person. I want her to belong. I feel like I never really did.

Jack: Jen, you belong. You belong to me. Don't you get it? [Sniffles] You're my soul mate.

[Tears flow from the both of them]

Jack: Amy's gonna know love. Every day of her life, she is gonna know how much her mother loved her. I'm gonna see to that. Ok?

[Scene: The hospital waiting Room. Joey and Pacey are sitting together waiting. Joey is resting her head on Pacey's shoulder, and they are holding hands. Else where Gale and Dawson are sitting together watching Lily and Alexander color in coloring books. Elsewhere Grams and Amy are playing with a toy. Bessie comes walking over with some food. We keep cutting to later times with all of them passing the time together.]

[Scene: Jen's hospital room. Grams is sleeping in a chair in Jen's room. Jen looks over at her, and smiles, and then slowly rolls her head back and slowly closer her eyes. Grams wakes up and goes over and realizes that she has passed away. Grams looks peacefully at Jen, and kisses her on the forehead. A look of sadness mixed with relief crosses her face.]

Grams: I'll see you soon, child. Soon.

[Commercial Break ]

[Scene: The New Icehouse. The Funeral gathering is there, and the place is packed with the grievers. Cut from scene to scene of all the cast trying to console one another. We see Jack and Amy at one table playing together, and slowly pan to Pacey and Doug sitting together, and Doug is watching them.]

Pacey: You should go talk to him.

Doug: [Clears throat] Now's not the time.

Pacey: Ok, fair enough. Just remember that saying's not worth much today.

[Pacey leaves Doug and goes over to join Amy, Jack and Grams.]

Pacey: Hey.

[Scene: Ice House Kitchen. Pacey goes in to the kitchen and sees Joey looking around]

Pacey: Hey.

Joey: I'm looking for some serving spoons.

Pacey: They're in the bin at the end.

Joey: Well, how you doing? You ok?

Pacey: Yeah. Yeah, I really am ok.

Joey: What's going on in that head of yours?

Pacey: You're off the hook.

Joey: What?

Pacey: You're off the hook. I've never really put much faith in all that "if you love someone, set them free" crap, as evidenced by everything I've done in my life up to this very moment, but I am determined to be happy, Joey. Happy in this life. And I love you. I mean, I always-- I have always, always loved you. But our timing has just never been right. And the way I figure it, time is no man's friend. So I have to get right with that and be happy, now. Because this is it. I mean, this is all that we get. If there's one thing I've learned from losing Jen, that's what I've learned.

Joey: Pacey, I—

Pacey: Actually, um, hold on. I'm not done yet. Because I also want for you to be happy. It's really important for me that you be happy. So I want you to be with someone, whether it be Dawson or New York guy or some man that you haven't even met yet. But I want you to be with someone who can be a part of the life that you want for yourself. I want you to be with someone who makes you feel like I feel when I'm with you. So, I guess the point to this long run-on sentence that's been the last 10 years of our lives is just that the simple act of being in love with you is enough for me. So you're off the hook.

Joey: You know, for the record, I-- [Sniffles] I don't want to be let off the hook. Because everything in my life that I've done has led me here... right now, and the last thing I want, need, or deserve is to be let off somebody's hook.

Pacey: Please don't miss my point here 'cause—

Joey: And don't miss mine. Pacey... I love you. You know that. And it's very real. It's so real that it's kept me moving, mostly running from it, never ready for it. And I love Dawson. He's my soul mate. He's tied to my childhood, and it's a love that is pure and eternally innocent. I can't be let off the hook because I might just get the notion that it's ok to keep running.

Pacey: So then, what exactly are you saying here?

[Gales comes in and interrupts them]

Gale: Oh, Pacey, there you are. Um, we need plates.

[Pacey hands her some plates]

Gale: You are so sweet to open up your place like this. I love you both.

[Gale leaves them alone again]

Pacey: Ok, uh... I think you were maybe just about to say something really important.

Joey: Pacey... I realize...

[Bessie comes in this time and interrupts them.]

Bessie: Joey, give me a hand. Here, grab this tray. Here.

[Bessie hands Joey a tray of food.]

Bessie: How you doing, Pacey?

Pacey: I'm good, Bess. I'm good, thanks.

[Scene: The beach front Jack is sitting in the sand staring out into the water alone, when Doug comes walking over to join him.]

Doug: Grams said you were here. Just thinking?

Jack: Capeside's favorite pastime.

Doug: What about?

Jack: Moving.

Doug: Moving? Where?

Jack: I don't know. Boston, New York.

Doug: Why?

Jack: Amy.

Doug: Jack, you can't do that.

Jack: Yes, I can. How many gay parents do you know in Capeside?

Doug: So? How many gay teachers were there before you came back? How many gay sheriffs are there, for that matter?

Jack: Last time I checked, none. I'm tired of being first, Doug. Half my life has been about re-educating this community. What do I have to show for it?

Doug: You think there are prizes for inspiring people?

Jack: I don't want to inspire people anymore. All I want to do is give Amy a normal existence, and she's not gonna get that here. She's gonna have the same childhood that I did. Only instead of being the only gay kid, she's gonna be the only kid with a gay parent. I don't want that.

Doug: You're gonna be a gay parent no matter where you are. And, yeah, Amy is gonna face rejection. That's what it means to be a teenager.

Jack: I just want to be a good parent, Doug. I have to be.

Doug: Hey... Jack... being a good parent means knowing that your child is bound to fall down. You just have to show 'em how to get back up.

Jack: What do you know about parenting?

Doug: Not much. I'm hoping to learn quickly.

Jack: That's a sweet gesture, but, no, thank you.

Doug: It's not a gesture.

Jack: Yes, it is. With everything that we've been through, I'll be damned if we're gonna get back together over your sense of... obligation, or worse, pity.

Doug: Screw pity. I love you. I love you, Jack. I love that you're the bravest person I know... the kindest. I love that no matter what you do, your life is gonna stand out. I want to stand out with you... and your daughter. [Sighs] If you'll let me.

[Doug kisses Jack, and an elderly couple come walking down the beach and notice them, and Jack stops Doug for a minute.]

Jack: Uh...

Doug: What?

Jack: It's the Dudleys. Right there.

Doug: Evening, Mr. And Mrs. Dudley. I was just, uh... kissing my boyfriend.

Jack: That's sweet, dear.

[Both laughing]

[Scene: Dawson's Back Yard. Dawson is sitting at the picnic table trying to figure the ending of his final episode of the season. He hears the sound of a c ar door and looks back in time to see the moment that Jen first arrived in Capeside. The scene fades to Lily and Alexander playing together in the back yard. He looks back over the creek, and sees when Joey comes walking up to join him from his pier.]

Dawson: Hey.

Joey: How ya doing?

Dawson: Surviving. You?

Joey: It's been a long day.

Dawson: Yeah.

Joey: Are you writing?

Dawson: No. The curse of an unwritten ending.

Joey: Oh. Make it a happy one, please. I can't take any more sad ones. Stay away from the life and death of it all.

Dawson: It's interesting how people use that expression-- life and death. As if to imply that life is the opposite of death, but birth is the opposite of death. Life... has no opposite.

Joey: I never thought of it that way.

Dawson: Well, leave it to me to over think it.

Joey: You are the writer.

Dawson: Yeah. This writer has decided it doesn't matter how it ends... because fiction is fiction, and for the first time, in a long time... [Sighs] My life is real. It doesn't matter who ends up with who. Because in some unearthly way... it's always gonna be you and me.

Joey: Soul mates.

Dawson: What we have goes beyond friendship, beyond lovers. It's forever.

Joey: [Softly] Yes, it is. I love you, Dawson.

Dawson: I love you, too, Joey.

[The hear giggling and they turn around to see Lilly up in Dawson's room, and Alexander at the bottom of the ladder.]

Lily: Come on, Alexander! Come on! Only a few more steps! You can do it!

Joey: [Laughs] You and me, always.

Dawson: Always.

[Scene: The set of Colby's Room. Colby and Sam are acting out the final scene from the season one finale where Joey and Dawson kiss in his room at the final scene.]

Sam: I can't take it anymore, Colby. I don't want to wait for my life to be over. I want to know right now. What will it be?

[They kiss]

Colby: You and me. Always.

[Scene: Joey's apartment. The camera pulls off of the camera over to Joey who turns off the TV after seeing “Executive Producer – Dawson Leery”]

Joey: That was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

[The camera pans out, and we see Pacey sitting there next to her. She looks over and there is a tear in his eye.]

Joey: Are those tears? Are you crying?

Pacey: [Sighs] He got me. He got me.

Joey: [Laughs] Let's call him.

[Scene: Dawson's Office. Dawson is sitting at his desk looking over some paperwork, when his assistant walks in carrying a clip board. You can tell it is late and no one else is around.]

Assistant: [Sighs] Well, I'm taking off. You should get out of here, too. You have a meeting first thing in the A.M.

Dawson: Got it.

[Telephone rings]

Dawson: No, no, no. Get out of here.

Assistant: Thanks.

[Dawson answers the phone]

Dawson: Yeah?

Pacey: Hey, it's us.

Joey: It was great! Fantastic! It was so sweet.

Pacey: You got Joey crying like a baby.

Joey: [Laughs] I can't wait till next season.

Dawson: You'll never guess who I'm meeting tomorrow.

Joey: Spielberg?

Pacey: Spielberg? Get out of town! Who made you a big Hollywood player, man?

Joey: Oh, my god! What are you gonna say? What are you gonna wear?

Dawson: I have no idea.

[Fade to Black for the final time…]