03x19 - Stolen Kisses

Episode transcripts for the TV show, "Dawson's Creek". Aired: January 1998 to May 2003.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Four friends in a small coastal town help each other cope with adolescence.

03x19 - Stolen Kisses

Post by bunniefuu »

Episode 219 - Stolen Kisses

[Scene: Outside Dawson's House. They are getting ready to load up the car for a trip. Joey and Dawson are there talking.]

Joey: What are you so smiley about, Dawson?

Dawson: Look at us, Jo. What have we become?

Joey: Care to expound?

Dawson: Spring break. Most kids our age go visit some exotic, sun-drenched locale, don skimpy bathing suits, and ingest mass quantities of liquor. What do we do? We go visit my aunt.

Joey: It's a ritual. It was our ritual. I'm glad we're going. I love aunt Gwen.

Dawson: And she loves you.

Joey: I can't believe she's selling her house.

Dawson: I know. It feels like the end of an era.

Joey: Do you think we can rope jack and Andie into one of our famous late-night karaoke sessions?

Dawson: Ok. I thought we had agreed to go on living the rest of our lives as if they never happened.

Joey: Dawson leery, ashamed of his own roots. You love that karaoke machine, and you know it.

[Pacey walks up to them with Will Krudski, both are carrying bags.]

Pacey: Hey, guys. Look what I found.

Joey: This can't be who I think it is. Will Krudski?

Will: Hey.

Joey: Last time I saw you was in third grade, kicking Pacey's butt around the playground.

Will: What was I supposed to do? He was calling me "Will Kruddy."

Pacey: It's a good thing you moved to new Raleigh, pal, 'cause without you to worry about, I became king of the playground.

Dawson: So, uh, what brings you to Capeside, will?

Will: Thought I'd surprise an old friend.

Pacey: And, uh, in the spirit of friendship, I took the liberty of tellin' will here that maybe you guys would have room for two more on your little impromptu journey?

Dawson: I don't have a problem with that.

Will: I'm not intruding?

Dawson: No, not at all. Besides, the list of things to do in Capeside when you're 16 is woefully short.

[Andie comes up to them carrying a few bags of her own.]

Andie: Hey, guys!

Pacey: Whuh-oh. Beware of McPhees bearing too much luggage.

Andie: Oh, thanks.

Pacey: Where's Jackers?

Andie: He bailed in favor of spending quality time with dad. Oh. Who's the kindhearted gentleman?

Will: Will.

Andie: Nice to meet you, will. I'm Andie.

Will: Let me help you here.

Andie: Great. Thanks.

Pacey: Hey.

Joey: Hey. So, um... I thought you were sitting this one out, Pacey.

Pacey: I was... Until will showed up on my front doorstep, and, uh, just thought I should show him a good time... And...

Joey: And?

Pacey: And they could probably use a hand up there, so...

[Opening Credits]

[Scene: The Fish House. Jen is sitting at the counter going over some paperwork while Henry is bussing the area around her and they are talking.]

Henry: That's the conundrum

Jen: Ok. You have got to stop trying to impress me, Henry.

Henry: It was the coach's idea. He said if I was gonna be hanging around you so much, I might as well help out. What?

Jen: I was just wondering how many guys would spend their spring break in a fish eatery just to be in close proximity to their girlfriend. You're a saint.

Henry: Well, you know what they say-- there's a fine line between saint and moron.

[The waitress Shelly comes up to Jen after eying Henry.]

Shelly: Who's the new b-boy?

Jen: Oh, that's Henry. He's a funny little creature.

Shelly: Make that a yummy little creature. He is so my type-- tall, lanky, a branch right off the DiCaprio family tree.

Jen: Yeah, you think?

Shelly: I definitely think. He's got that cute little ragamuffin- with-a-dream look. Makes you want to take him home and give him a bath. And then maybe hop in the tub with him, and, um...

Jen: Ok. Shelly, I think that table 19 needs their check.

Shelly: They just got their check. Then I'm sure that somewhere out there, somebody's in dire need of a dessert menu, huh?

[Scene: In the Car. Dawson is driving to his Aunt's while Andie is in the back with Will and Pacey,

grilling Will for some information.]

Andie: Ok, will. Quick get-to-know-you quiz: Favorite movie?

Will: Well, when I was about 5 years old, my dad took me to a revival of planet of the apes, which, if you knew my dad, is a really big thing, so... I'd have to say that ranks as my favorite. But I'm really more of a book guy.

Andie: Favorite movie doesn't star Adam Sandler or Steven Seagal, and he likes to read. You sure he's your friend, Pacey? Ok, favorite book?

Will: That's easy-- catcher in the rye. Salinger's a god.

Andie: What do you want to be when you grow up?

Will: I don't know. Just happy, I guess.

Dawson: You'll get along great with my aunt Gwen. She's another Salinger freak.

Will: What's your aunt Gwen like?

Joey: She's an artist. A painter. She's incredibly talented. She paints, and she reads great books, and she does yoga, and... She lives life on her own terms.

Andie: Is she married?

Dawson: She was once, to this uptight lawyer. She had this picture-perfect suburban life, and then she met Richard, who was this crazy, bearded painter about 20 years older than her. She left her husband for him and never looked back.

Pacey: We gonna get to meet this wife-stealing Picasso?

Dawson: Unfortunately, their happily-ever-after only lasted a couple years. Richard d*ed about a year ago of a heart att*ck.

Andie: Wow. That's sad.

Will: I don't know. Isn't it better to have a short time with somebody you really love than a lifetime with somebody who's basically your roommate? Just a thought.

[Scene: Outside the Fish House. Mitch and Gale are there when an old friend of theirs, Megan, Comes up

to them.]

Megan: Hey, you two. Long time no see?

Gale: Megan. Oh, my god! What are you doing in Capeside?

Mitch: Hey! How are you?

Gale: Where's tom? Is he outside?

Megan: We should talk.

Gale: I am so sorry, honey. He was a wonderful guy.

Megan: He was, wasn't he? I mean, sure, we had our problems, but looking back now, it just all seems so stupid and petty. He was one of the good ones. I guess that makes me one of the lucky ones. Ok...Let me segue out of this grieving widow routine. How the hell are you guys?

Mitch: Well, actually—

Gale: we're great. We're doing just great. Dawson's 16 now and a big bundle of precocious angst, but he's a terrific kid.

Megan: I see you followed through and made the restaurant a reality. It's inspiring, really. So many dreams never come true. Oh, I almost forgot. I was rummaging through some of tom's stuff. You should have this. It's the toast from your wedding. I can still see tom staying up till 4:00 in the morning the night before, just trying to get it perfect.

[Scene: Aunt Gwen's house. Aunt Gwen is singing and dancing whil cleaning when The group walks in.

Dawson gets her attention.]

Gwen: Come on in. Hello. Hello. Oh, Dawson! Baby, you made it! Hi! Mmm! Joey. How gorgeous did you turn out! Wow! And this must be Pacey.

Pacey: I see my reputation precedes me.

Gwen: Actually, we've met before.

Pacey: We have?

Gwen: Yeah. I wouldn't expect you to remember it. It was years ago at my sister's 4th of july picnic, and you were chasing this one around and teasing her mercilessly. And when i went to intervene, you said to me, "hey, lady, step on my buzz, why don't ya?" Boop.

Andie: Ha ha ha! That sounds about right.

Gwen: Which would make you...Andie?

Andie: Yup. Nice to meet you, aunt Gwen. Hi.

Gwen: Hi. And this... Has got to be... Jack, right?

Pacey: Uh, no. Jackers couldn't make it this weekend, so, aunt Gwen, please allow me to introduce my friend, Will Krudski.

Gwen: How you doin'? Huh. Friend of Pacey's. Not a good sign.

Pacey: Heh heh.

[Scene: Later in the evening outside the bedrrom they are all sharing. Joey and Pacey are there alone before entering the room]

Joey: Tell me, Pacey, is our conversation this week going to consist solely of monosyllabic grunts?

Pacey: Jo, this is neither the time nor the place to be discussing events of weeks past.

Joey: Look, who wants to discuss? I thought we agreed that it was a "no big deal."

Pacey: It isn't.

Joey: Fine. So... There should be no weirdness between us? Right.

[They enter the room to find that they are left to share the bed together.]

Pacey: You're right... But I think we may have a small problem.

Joey: You've got to be kidding me. Pacey, do something about this.

Pacey: Uh, Dawson. Hey, Dawson.

Dawson: What? Look, uh...

Pacey: What say you hop up and give Joey here your sleeping bag, huh?

Dawson: And hop in the sack with you?

Pacey: Essentially, yeah.

Dawson: Good night, Pacey.

Pacey: Andie.

Andie: [Grunts, snorts]

Pacey: Andie!

Will: I'm not sleepin' with you, Pacey. And, Joey, I don't think we know each other well enough. No offense.

Joey: None taken.

Pacey: Ok, we're just gonna have to make the best of this, all right?

Joey: Fine. But if I so much as feel anything—

Pacey: jo... Get in bed. And while you're at it, get over yourself.

Joey: Pacey, get your butt away from me.

Pacey: My butt wants nothing to do with your butt, ok? Gimme some of these covers, man. Jo-- jo. [Sighs]

[Scene: The next morning. Pacey has just woken up and looks over at Joey peacefully sleeping. He acts like he is asleep when Gwen calls into them.] Gwen: Sleepyheads, breakfast!

Joey: [Groans] oh, man.

Pacey: [Yawns]

[They get up and join the rest of the group in the kitchen.]

Gwen: so glad you could join us, you two. I have a spectacular dinner planned for this evening, but first, I must shop, and I'm going to steal Dawson and Joey to help me. The rest of you I encourage to explore the somewhat limited charms of my humble little podunk town. We don't have much in the way of entertainment-- there's no multiplex, no monster truck show-- but we do have this kick-ass little pool hall.

Will: I love to play pool.

Pacey: I'm always down for some billiard action.

Andie: What is it with guys and pool? It's a phallic thing, right?

Will: I'll teach you.

Andie: Ok. You're gonna teach me how to hit a ball with a stick?

Will: There's an art to it, you know?

Andie: Oh, ok. I get it. So you're, like, uh...Tom cruise, color of money? Right. Mm-hmm.

[Scene: The Fish House Kitchen. Mitch is putting some bread away while Gale is trying to talk to him.]

Gale: You don't have to do that, you know.

Mitch: I'm just tryin' to help out.

Gale: You ok? Do you want to talk?

Mitch: About?

Gale: What do you think?

Mitch: A friend of ours d*ed, gale. It royally sucks... But it happened. And it's really sad, but... I don't know what there is to talk about.

Gale: Well, it must make you feel a certain way. I know it does me.

Mitch: I wish I'd called him more. I wish he'd called me more. I wish a lot of things.

Gale: You should read this.

Mitch: Why?

Gale: Because it's beautiful. His words. I didn't remember. It was nice to go back and see us through his eyes for a moment.

Mitch: I'd rather not.

Gale: What is wrong with you?

Mitch: Nothing. I just don't feel like a trip down memory lane right now, that's all.

[Scene: outside the Fish House. Henry is cleaning up a table and Shelly is over flirting with him. Jen sees this and goes over to them.]

[Shelly giggling]

Jen: hi.

Shelly: Hey, Jen. How adorable is this boy? Can you tell me?

Jen: Heh heh, yeah, he's dreamy. Listen, Shel, I need you to cover sections 5 and 6 today.

Shelly: 5 and 6? Lindley, that's crazy talk.

Jen: I'm sorry, hon. We're a little short-staffed. I need you to be a team player here.

Shelly: [Sighs] bye, Henry.

[She leaves]

Henry: Uh...Bye. You--you know we were just talking, right?

Jen: [Chuckles] well, of course you were.

Henry: You just seemed a little jealous.

Jen: [Chuckles] jealous? Please, Henry, I'm so not in touch with that emotion. I wouldn't even know what that would feel like. Jealous. That's ridiculous.

Henry: Wh-what? It's ridiculous to think that someone else might find me to be a decent, worthwhile human being?

Jen: Oh, that's not what i meant.

Henry: Whatever.

[Scene: The Pool Hall. Andie, Pacey and Will are playing pool, and Will is sh**ting really badly. So isn't Pacey.]

Andie: [Chuckles] ok. Tom cruise. Color of money. Right. You suck.

Pacey: Easy, McPhee. Them's fightin' words.

Andie: I thought he was supposed to be this amazing pool player.

Will: I never claimed to be anything. I just said i like to play.

Andie: Oho. And you said, in a somewhat condescending fashion, that you'd teach me. Ahhh! Looks like i should be the one giving the lessons. What do you say, Pacey?

Pacey: Maybe you should cut the guy some slack. There might just be some method to his madness.

Andie: Ok. All I have to say right now is little ol' me is wipin' up the floor with the two of you.

[Pacey takes a sh*t and the ball jumps off the table and rolls to another table. The guy there picks it up.]

Pacey: [Chuckles] um, sorry, man. I just can't seem to keep those things on the table.

Pool Guy: You guys interested in a game?

Andie: Uh, no. [Chuckles] look, mister, these two, they're seriously deluded and totally lame, so I'm gonna set the record straight right here and now. It would be both sick and wrong to take their money.

Will: We'll play.

[Scene: The local store. Gwen, Dawson and Joey are there shopping. Dawson is looking at some of the posters when Gwen comes over to him.]

Gwen: What are you lookin' for?

Dawson: Something for my wall.

Gwen: Ah, which, as I recall correctly, is plastered in wall-to-wall movie posters. You know, somehow I don't think this is gonna go with that whole film geek aesthetic you've got goin' on.

Dawson: The posters are gone, actually. I took 'em all down.

Gwen: Amistad wasn't that bad, honey.

Dawson: [Chuckles] more like a crisis of faith, actually.

Gwen: What do you mean?

Dawson: Well...I guess I got tired of having this larger-than-life-dream to compensate for my smaller-than-life life.

Gwen: Ok. So... The movie posters are down. Film has lost its luster. And I am detecting a significant lack of...Smooching, hand-holding, general all-around cuddliness between the two of you? So...Come on. Tell me everything.

Dawson: Well, to make a long soap opera short, um, we got together—

Joey: which was so completely overwhelming that it forced me to retreat into this long, protracted period of soul searching.

Dawson: Which sent me into a dizzying downward spiral of depression. And then I finally managed to get her back, but—

Joey: It was exceptionally bad timing. And then he got back from summer vacation.

Dawson: The possibility of having my heart ripped out of my chest once again didn't sound as appealing as it once had, so I decided maybe it would be best just to be friends.

Joey: And then he asked Pacey to look out for me.

Gwen: What does Pacey have to do with it?

Joey: Uh...Nothing. But...Just... There you have it.

Gwen: Well, then I have just one question. Why aren't the two of you together now?

[Scene: Outside the Pool Hall. Will has handed some money to Pacey and he is counting out the rest in his hand. Andie is looking at the two of them disgusted.]

Andie: You hustled them!

Will: And this is a big deal. Why?

Andie: Because I find it morally wrong and offensive and disgusting. I mean, I didn't come here with you guys to be, you know, an accomplice to your little seedy scam.

Pacey: Andy, will's a shark. He always has been. What are you gonna do?

Andie: I mean, you let me think that I was good.

Will: You are good.

Andie: I am?

Will: Sure.

Andie: Ok, you're hustling me right now, aren't you?

Will: Maybe.

[Will hands her some money.]

Andie: What's this?

Will: It's your share of the take.
[Scene: Outside Aunt Gwen's House. The group minus Dawson and Joey are washing a horse, while Dawson and Joey are in the Hey Loft talking to each other.]

Group: [Laughing] aah! Aah! Hey! Let's clean 'em! Oh, don't! Don't! Aah! Ha ha ha! Aah! Aah! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! [Shouting and laughing continue]

Dawson: Joey, do I seem different to you?

Joey: What do you mean?

Dawson: I've devoted all this energy to...Reinventing myself, and... [Chuckles] to be honest, I don't see where it's gotten me. I don't feel any different.

Joey: Actually, you are different, Dawson. Once upon a time, you had to be the center of attention. Life revolved around you and your dreams. And recently, I've watched you fade into the background and let others shine. You're different. What?

Dawson: This trip this week has... Reminded me of what we're good at.

Joey: What's that?

Dawson: We make sense of each other's lives. We always have.

Joey: Things are changing, Dawson. People evolve, and--and... Some things drop away.

Dawson: Yeah, but things don't have to be any certain way, Joey. Growing up does not have to equal growing apart.

Joey: Somehow, it does.

Dawson: You gotta find some faith... Faith that whatever set us off in different directions is the same thing that'll... Bring us back together.

Joey: [Sighs] I take it back. You haven't changed a bit. You're still an eternal optimist, Dawson.

Dawson: Maybe. It's just... I don't know. I'm starting to forget why.

Joey: Why what?

Dawson: Why we're not together.

[Pacey shouts up to them.]

Pacey: Hey, you guys want to come down and give us a hand?

[Scene: Aunt Gwen's House. Joey is looking at a painting of Aunt Gwen's House, when Gwen comes up to join her.]

Joey: That one's my favorite, I think.

Gwen: When I was married, I was taking this art class. And the first thing the teacher said was, "close your eyes and paint your future, and the rest will take care of itself." And it did.

Joey: You painted this before you lived here? Do you have any regrets?

Gwen: About?

Joey: The way in which you and Richard came together.

Gwen: You know, Joey... I got married too young. And I sold out in a big way. I stayed in a relationship that was safe and comfortable, and then i met this man, who made me feel alive for the very first time. Those kinds of feelings just won't be ignored, you know? I owed it to myself to explore them. Come here. Now. This one... This one is my favorite. Definitely.

[She shows her a picture of Joey and Dawson that she painted when they were kids. Dawson comes up to

join them]

Dawson: Hey.

Joey: Hey.

[Scene: The Fish House. Jen is at the counter taking a reservation. When Henry comes up to here a little disturbed.]

Jen: Party of 7? We will have your table at 8:00, then. Thank you. Bye.

Henry: Uh...Shelly just offered me sex. I just thought-- I thought you should know about it.

Jen: She what?

Henry: She basically said I could have sex with her anytime I wanted. Ap-apparently, she likes younger guys.

Jen: Henry, your hands are shaking.

Henry: A strange girl just offered me sex. Th-that's never happened to me before.

Jen: Well, what did you tell her?

Henry: What do you think I said? I said I had a girlfriend.

Jen: Do you find her attractive?

Henry: Well, I--I...

Jen: Well, do you or don't you?

Henry: No.

Jen: You know what, Henry? Go have sex with her. Go off and make a million babies, 'cause i don't care anymore.

Henry: But—

Jen: don't you dare tell me that I'm jealous.

Henry: [Sighs]

[Scene: Aunt Gwen's Porch. Will is sitting alone when Andie comes up to join him.]

Andie: Oh. Might I have found the hustler in a contemplative moment?

Will: Yeah. I'm contemplating my next big score.

Andie: You're a mass of contradictions, Will Krudski.

Will: How's that?

Andie: [Chuckles] oh, come on. The well-read pool shark? The blue-collar academic?

Will: [Chuckles] you read the color of my collar pretty quickly. Is it that obvious?

Andie: Yeah, about as obvious as the fact that you're pretty darn smart.

Will: That's nice of you to say.

Andie: So, uh... What makes you so unhappy?

Will: What do you mean?

Andie: Well, you said that all you want to do when you grow up is be happy, so what makes you so unhappy now?

Will: Too many things to mention, I guess.

Andie: Okay. So, how about trying one?

Will: My father.

Andie: What's he like?

Will: He's a jerk. He works at the factory. So, he's a total townie. Treats my mother like crap. Can't wait to get the hell away from him. I came to hang out with Pacey, because I just couldn't take it anymore. Had to get out of the house.

Andie: I'm sorry, will.

[Scene: The Fish House Kitchen. Gale and Mitch are there sampling some of the food.]

Gale: Mmm. Too mushy.

Mitch: Too crunchy. Mmm.

Gale: You actually have an opinion. Last conversation we had, you didn't want to be involved.

Mitch: Just because I'm not talking doesn't mean I'm not thinking.

Gale: And just because we're not married doesn't mean we can't talk.

Mitch: Maybe that is what it does mean.

Gale: I can't believe you are saying this, Mitch.

Mitch: Why not? Why would I want to rely on you? Trust you?

Gale: Because if nothing else, I am your friend.

Mitch: If we were such great friends, Wouldn't we be married right now?

[Ding]

[Scene: Aunt Gwen's House. They are singing to the Karaoke machine. Dawson is just watching them from the couch smiling.]

Group: Louis, Louis oh, oh, oh, oh we gotta go oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Louis, Louis oh, oh, oh, oh we gotta go ooh, child, things are gonna get easier ooh, ch--

[laughing]

Andie: ha ha ha! Things are gonna get brighter someday!

[Gutturally]

Pacey: Wild thing you made my heart sing you made everything-uh groovy-uh

[imitating Elvis Presley] wild thing, I think i love you.

Gwen: And now I'd like to bring up two of my very favorite people to perform their very own special number. Dawson and Joey! Whoo!

Dawson: God help--I'm not gonna sing.

Gwen: Get up here. Come on, Joey.

Dawson: Ready?

Andie: Whoo!

Dawson: Oh, no.

Joey and Dawson: Oh, I could hide both: 'Neath the wings of the bluebird as she sings 6 o'clock alarm

will never ring I can't believe we're doin' this. Oh, but it rings and I rise wipe the sleep out of my eyes the shaving razor's cold and it stings ha ha! Cheer up, sleepy jean oh, what can it mean to a daydream believer and a homecoming queen?

[Pacey gets up and leaves]

[Scene: The Fish House. Shelly is there flirting with Henry again, when Jen notices her and is visibly upset by this. She goes hurriedly over to them.]

[Chuckling]

Jen: All right, shelly, that's it. Get your boobs away from him.

Shelly: What is your problem?

Jen: This is my boyfriend that you're fawning all over, and I don't appreciate it.

Shelly: Why didn't you tell me? I mean—

Jen: B-because I have issues. Ok? Clearly. Listen, the point is that he's not yours. He's mine. And I have looked all over the place for one like him, and I'm not giving him up without a fight. So should choose to continue draping yourself all over him like the slutty wench that you are, you and me, we're gonna throw down. Happy now? I'm jealous.

[Scene: Outside Aunt Gwen's House. Pacey is sitting alone by a fire, when Joey comes up to join him.]

Joey: Are you ok?

Pacey: Not so much, no.

Joey: Well, what's wrong?

Pacey: Well... It's the history. It's killin' me. How can a guy compete when the two of you have your own karaoke—

Joey: Pacey, you're not supposed to compete. We're supposed to have our own hist-- I didn't mean that.

Pacey: Well, what did you mean?

Joey: I don't even know anymore, Pacey.

Pacey: You know this little arrangement we got goin' between us?

Joey: Yes?

Pacey: Well, it sucks. It sucks up one side and down the other. It's uncomfortable, it's weird, and I hate every single second of it.

Joey: Really.

Pacey: Yes.

Joey: Then why did you come here, Pacey?

Pacey: You know, for a bright girl, you can be really daft sometimes. Why do you think i came here? I came here to be with you! It's as simple as that. I mean, when you like somebody, proximity is a good thing, regardless of how they feel about you. Or don't, as the case may be.

Joey: But I felt it.

Pacey: What?

Joey: This morning. Your arm brushed up against me in bed, and... And I felt it.

Pacey: How did it feel?

Joey: Made me feel alive.

Pacey: Ok. Joey... I'm going to kiss you now.

Joey: You can't.

Pacey: Jo, you can't say something like that to me and expect me not to kiss you, so that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna kiss you in about 10 seconds. And if you don't want me to kiss you... Well, if you don't want me to, I guess then you're just gonna have to stop me. 10.

[Woman clearing throat]

Joey: [whispering] my god.

Pacey: [Sighs] I think maybe I should head inside and sing myself some more karaoke. 'Cause lord knows, that's what I want to be doing right now, is singing myself some karaoke.

Gwen: That's a splendid idea, Pacey. Well, um... At least now I understand why you and Dawson aren't together.

Joey: Ok. Uh...[Chuckles]... I know you just saw that, and...I can explain—

Gwen: what i just saw is none of my business. But I think you should tell Dawson. It was just a mistake. Something tells me that when you kiss a boy, it's not a mistake. You should know I am the last person on earth that's gonna judge you. But you cannot be reckless with someone else's feelings. What if that had been Dawson that had seen you and not me? I mean, do you think he'd ever be able to erase that from his mind?

Joey: [Sighs]

[Scene: Inside Aunt Gwen's House. Pacey is sitting there, where Andie comes up to join him.]

Andie: You ok, Pacey? You seem a little, uh, storm cloudy.

Pacey: Uh...Just thinking that maybe now would be a good time to start up that debilitating drug habit I've always wanted. Just kidding.

Andie: You know, your, uh, your friend will. [Chuckles] he's not at all what I expected. He's really sweet.

Pacey: Yeah. He's a good guy. I mean, he and his family moved away a long time ago, but we've managed to keep in pretty good contact, I guess. Once you bond over dysfunctional dad issues, there's no turnin' back.

Andie: Yeah. He told me about his father. It's pretty sad.

Pacey: He told you?

Andie: Yeah.

Pacey: Do you like him or something?

Andie: Maybe! Maybe not. Who knows, Pacey? But don't you think it's better to just be honest and open about things like this? I mean, who wants to carry around this burden of guilt over moving on? Which, by nature, has to happen. I want you to be happy, Pacey.

Pacey: Yeah. [sighs heavily]

[Scene: The Fish House backroom. Henry is looking around for Jen. You can hear crying from a storage room.]

Henry: Jen?

Jen: In here. Just follow the trail of loser dust.

Henry: What are you doin' in here?

Jen: [Sniffles] isn't it pretty obvious? I made an ass out of myself. Thus, I'm hiding.

Henry: Why are you crying?

Jen: I don't know. Oh, god, I hate crying. This is such a girl thing to do.

Henry: But you're such a girl.

Jen: [Sobs]

Henry: such a cute girl.

Jen: Stop. You're not supposed to say sweet nothings. You're supposed to be mad.

Henry: I am. That doesn't mean I'm not curious about what's going on in that busy head of yours.

Jen: You were right...Henry. I was jealous, and... And it really freaked me out.

Henry: Why? Jealousy's a pretty natural human emotion.

Jen: You don't understand. I've... I've spent years building this... This complex series of--of booby traps so that...Nobody would ever get too close. [Half chuckles, half sobs] and then you came along... With that big b*ating heart of yours, and... You broke all those walls down, and it's just really scary. I mean... What if I lose you?

Henry: You know, Jen, I was... I was kinda glad that you were jealous. You have nothing to worry about... 'Cause I'm not goin' anywhere. And if I die tomorrow, so be it. At least I d*ed knowing my biggest dream came true.

Jen: What's that?

Henry: Seeing you in lingerie. [Chuckles]

[both chuckle]

[Scene: The Fish House. It is closed now. Gale is going over some receipts when Mitch comes up tp her.]

Mitch: would you mind... Coming with me for a second?

Gale: Ok.

[He brings her to the bar where he has a tape of their wedding playing on the TV.]

Mitch: I was reading the toast... And I got this urge to see him again. you're right. It was beautiful. I had to let you go. I wanted you to stay, but... You said no. You went to Philly, and... I had to let you go.

Gale: Well, what does that have to do with anything?

Mitch: More than you realize. To remember what we were is painful for me.

Gale: Uh, yesterday... I was looking at Megan... This woman who had lost the love of her life. Suddenly... Our problems just seemed...

Mitch: Trivial?

Gale: Or even passed.

[Scene: Inside Aunt Gwen's House. Dawson is looking at some pictures of him an Joey as kids, when Joey comes into the room.]

Joey: Oh...

Dawson: Hey. Take a look at these. [Chuckles] what a dork I was.

Joey: No, you weren't. Well... Maybe a little. [Chuckles] can we talk?

Dawson: Yeah. What's up?

Joey: Well, uh-- um...

Gwen: Sorry. I'm interrupting something. I can—

Joey: actually, no. It's--it's ok. We'll...Talk later.

Dawson: Ok.

[Joey Leaves, and Gwen hands the painting of Him and Joey as kids.]

Gwen: I brought you something for your wall. Thought maybe it would help you find your way back.

Dawson: Way back to what?

Gwen: Well... Back to those things that made you this little... Daydream believer. Look, Dawson, I know you can't see it right now, but you are a very talented young man with a rich and powerful imagination. Your dreams are... They're an asset, not a weakness.

Dawson: But I just--I can't find the inspiration anymore. It's easy for you. The evidence of your talent is all around you.

Gwen: This... Is not my talent. Dawson, when my time is up, I want to know that i did one thing well-- loved somebody. The rest of this is just... An expression of that one thing. What's your one thing?

Dawson: Uh...[Chuckles]

Gwen: ok. Close your eyes. Mm-hmm. Now... Paint your future. What do you see?

[Scene: Outside Aunt Gwen's House. Pacey is sitting alone by the fire again when Joey comes up to join him again.]

Pacey: You don't have to worry. I'm not gonna kiss you again, jo. What's goin' on here?

Joey: I don't know.

Pacey: [Chuckles] don't you think I deserve a better answer than that after all this?

Joey: Pacey, believe me, I've been trying to get you out of my head. I've tried to pretend that this is just some bizarre hormonal glitch, but it's not working.

Pacey: Do you really want it to work?

Joey: I tried to tell him.

Pacey: Really.

Joey: Yes!

Pacey: What happened?

Joey: Well-- I couldn't really find the words, Pacey, which I know is odd, considering the sheer volume of words spoken throughout the course of our relationship, but—

Pacey: what would you have said to him?

Joey: [Sighs] I don't know.

Pacey: I don't believe you.

Joey: Pacey... I don't have any answers right now, ok? Can't you understand that?

Pacey: The only reason that you don't have answers is because you've been too scared to ask yourself the right questions.

Joey: What are you talking about?

Pacey: Look, I know how I feel. You know how I feel. That much is obvious by now. But during this whole process, we've managed to miss the point, because the point is not how i feel. It's how you feel. So how do you feel?

Joey: Awful. That's how I feel, Pacey. I feel awful.

Pacey: So do I. When I was kissing you tonight, I don't think that I've ever felt better and worse at one time in my entire life. I mean, the very idea that Dawson or Andie would find out about us is k*lling me. It--it is tearing me up on the inside to have these feelings for you, but I can't get rid of them. [Sighs] I jus-- I can't keep on kissing you, jo.

Joey: What do you mean?

Pacey: I mean just that. I can't keep on kissing you. All right? I've done it twice now. I can't be the one that's always initiating this. I can't be the one who's always giving you the answers. [Sniffles] look at me, Joey.

Joey: I can't.

Pacey: Please. If you felt... Even one shred... Of what I feel for you... Then we wouldn't be standing here having this conversation.

Joey: Pacey...

[Joey goes up to him and starts kissing him.]