01x05 - Dream Sorcerer

Complete collection of Charmed episode transcripts. Aired: October 1998 to May 2006.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Three sisters discover their destiny - to battle against the forces of evil, using their witchcraft. They are the Charmed Ones.

01x05 - Dream Sorcerer

Post by bunniefuu »

Written by: Constance M. Burge

Transcribed by: Shay Fitzpatrick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Quake. Phoebe enters. Two guys walk up to her.]

Guy #1: Are your parents t*rrorists? ‘Cos baby you're the b*mb.

Guy #2: Jim, Jim, ask her if it hurt when she fell.

Phoebe: Uh, excuse me?

Guy #2: When you fell from Heaven. Did it hurt. ‘Cos I know an angel when I see one.

Phoebe: Hmm. I'm no angel. I'm a witch. But don't tell my sisters I told you. (She walks over to Prue and Piper who's sitting at a table.) Oh, I'm so glad you guys are still here. What are you staring at?

Prue: They have been going at if for almost an hour.

(You see a woman and a guy making out.)

Phoebe: Hello! Oh, I can't even look.

Piper: I know. I hate being single.

Skye: Waitress coming through. Special delivery.

Piper: Hey Skye.

Phoebe: Hey Skye.

Skye: Hi.

(She places a glass of wine in front of Prue.)

Prue: Um, I think there's been some kind of a mistake. I didn't order this.

Skye: I know. You have a secret admirer. He ordered it for you.

(She points out the Dream Sorcerer. He's sitting in a wheelchair.)

Piper: Who's that?

Skye: I have no idea. I'm just following the bartender's orders. And, apparently he's been eyeing Prue all night.

Prue: Skye, can you do me a favour? Um, tell him thank you and I'm very flattered. But I'm kind seeing someone else.

Skye: Sure.

Prue: Thanks.

Piper: This is a nice change of an attitude.

Phoebe: I'll say. Does this mean you're thinking of getting serious with Andy?

Prue: Lately I've been thinking about a lot of things.

[Cut to the Dream Sorcerer. Skye walks up to him.]

Dream Sorcerer: She didn't want the drink?

Skye: I'm sorry, no. She's flattered, she's just seeing someone else.

Dream Sorcerer: Sure she is. How about you? Maybe you'd like to have a drink with me.

Skye: Oh, um, that's really sweet of you but I'm not allowed to date the customers.

[Scene: Skye's apartment. She's asleep. The Dream Sorcerer is there.]

Dream Sorcerer: Hello, Skye.

(She wakes up.)

Skye: What the ...?

Dream Sorcerer: Shh... (He covers her mouth.) You in my world now, Skye. (Her room turns into her dream. It's all red and there's clouds in the sky. It kind of looks like they're on top of a building roof.) She's now wearing an evening dress.) You look beautiful in that dress. I knew you would.

Skye: I don't understand.

Dream Sorcerer: It's your dream, but it's my fantasy.

Skye: Where am I?

Dream Sorcerer: Hehehe. You're dreaming. I'm visiting.

Skye: You're in my dream.

Dream Sorcerer: But I can make it mine.

Skye: You can walk.

Dream Sorcerer: In dreams I can do anything. I can dance in your dreams, I can alter your dreams, (They start dancing.) and I can k*ll you in your dreams.

Skye: No, please.

Dream Sorcerer: Did you know that if you die in your dreams, you die in real life.

(He takes her to the edge of the roof. He makes her look down and you can see that it's a long way down to the bottom.)

Dream Sorcerer/Skye: Please don't hurt me!

Dream Sorcerer: Hehehe. Now Skye, you rejected me and now you gotta pay.

Dream Sorcerer/Skye: Please, don't do anything!

(He laughs.)

Dream Sorcerer Sweet dreams. (He pushes her off the edge.)

Opening Credits

[Scene: Skye's apartment. She's lying on her bed in an awkward position. She's dead. Morris and Andy are there.]

Morris: What do we got here? Here name is Skye Russell, early twenty's, waitress at Quake.

Andy: Every bone in her body's been crushed.

Morris: The coroner said it's as if she's fallen of a twenty story building.

Andy: But we're in a closed apartment, on the ground floor and the body hasn't been moved.

[Scene: Manor. Piper is watching an exercise video and trying to copy what they're doing. Prue is sitting in a chair.]

Piper: Uh, I give up. Two weeks and nothing strengthened but my temper.

Prue: Piper, here's the problem. You didn't read the fine print. See. It says right here. $19.95 for the video and twenty grand for the plastic surgeon.

Piper: Yeah. Well it's worked. She's the most desire female in America. What every man wants.

Prue: That woman? Of course men want her. Men are not different from women. We all want what we can't have. Which is why we need to stop thinking about what men want and start thinking about what we want in a man.

(Phoebe walks in. She's eating Froot Loops.)

Phoebe: Tons of fun, lots of heats and no strings attached. That's what I want.

Piper: I know this may not sound very P.C., but I want romance. Long, slow kisses, late-night talks, candle lights. I love love. I'd take what Prue has in a flat second.

Prue: Hmm, but then you'd have to deal with the family secret, which isn't exactly normal now, is it?

Commercial Break

[Scene: Police station. Morris and Andy are sitting at their desks.]

Andy: Did you see the coroner's report?

Morris: Mmm hmm. Skye Russell d*ed of massive internal hemorrhaging. Her body literally imploded upon itself.

Andy: Ever seen anything like it before?

Morris: On jumpers. Their bodies were usually found on side walks.

Andy: There aren't any signs of external damage consistent with any type of fall. In fact there's not a scratch on her.

Morris: Yeah, well, maybe we were wrong. Maybe the body was moved.

Andy: From where? How? The front door was locked and bolted, each window had bars on it, none of which had been tampered with in any way. Nobody but she was in that apartment last night. It's not a su1c1de, Morris. And it's sure not death by natural causes which leaves only one thing...

Morris/Andy: m*rder.

Morris: I hate when we say that.

[Scene: Quake. Piper hands a guy his meal.]

Piper: Here you go, Mr. Manford. The chicken with rice and vegetables. Just the way you like it. Chicken well done, light oil on the vegetables and rice steamed dry.

Mr. Manford: Thanks.

Piper: Bon Appetite.

(Phoebe walks up to her.)

Phoebe: Hey, why are you doing that?

Piper: Skye didn't show up for her shift day. So we're short-handed.

Phoebe: Ooh.

(They walk in the kitchen.)

Piper: So, what's up?

Phoebe: I, uh, I found this spell. "How to attract a lover".

Piper: No, Phoebe. Forget it. We're not casting any spells.

Phoebe: Come on. There must be more to our powers than warlock wasting. I'm ready to have some fun with our magic.

Piper: No. No personal gain, remember?

Phoebe: How is it personal gain, if we're using our powers to bring happiness to another person. And in my case lots and lots of happiness.

Piper: Could you pass me that colander, please?

Phoebe: Yeah. Look, I'm not talking about marriage here. We have our 30s to freak out about that. This... this spell is about having good time.

Piper: I admit it's tempting. The dating scene can be a little frustrating. But bringing men into our life through a spell... correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a little bit desperate.

Phoebe: No. How is asking for what you want being desperate? I say it's not. I say it's empowering. Besides, the Book of Shadows says we could reverse this spell at any time.

[Scene: Manor. Kitchen. Piper is cutting up some vegetables. Prue walks in.]

Prue: Piper? Phoebe?

Piper: Prue. You're in home. I thought you had a date with Andy.

Prue: Uh, no. He had to cancel. What are you doing?

Piper: Hmm...

Phoebe: (from the other room) Piper, I was wrong. The spell calls for cayenne pepper not black pepper. (She walks in the kitchen and sees Prue.) Ooh. Did I say spell? I ... I meant recipe. We are so busted, aren't we?

Prue: I would say yes. What spell are you casting?

Piper: I realized today that Phoebe may have stumbled onto something. Something that actually makes sense.

Prue: Now I'm worried.

Piper: All the spells are in this book for a reason, right? And I think that this spell could be a harmless opportunity for us to test our powers, you know, really get a handle on them. I mean, why else would it say we can reverse it at any time? All I want is someone special in my life and this spell provides that exactly.

Phoebe: I can translate.

[Time lapse.]

Prue: You have got to be kidding.

Piper: We were hoping you would join us.

Prue: No. I have got enough complications in my life. You two are on your own.

Phoebe: You know where to find us.

Prue: Be careful what you wish for.

[Scene: Attic. Phoebe and Piper have everything set up on the table to do the spell.]

Phoebe: Okay. You want to go first?

Piper: No. You go first.

Phoebe: Okay.

(Phoebe snatches a piece of paper off Piper.)

Piper: Hey. That's not fair.

Phoebe: You want a man who is single, smart, endowed?

Piper: Employed.

Phoebe: Oh, sorry, employed. A man who loves sleeping in on Sunday, sunset bike rides (laughs), cuddling by a roaring fire (laughs) and late-night talks. A man who loves love as much as you do (laughs). Wow. You're a romantic.

Piper: Yep. Your turn. You want the sexy, silent type that finds you driving through town on the back of a Harley at 3:00 in the morning. A man who appreciates scented candles, body oils and Italian sheets (laughs).

Phoebe: He's about hunger and lust and danger and even know you know all this, even know you know he'll never meet your friends or share a holiday meal with your family, you still can't stay away. And he recycles.

Piper: He recycles?

Phoebe: Yeah. And I think it goes without saying we both want a man who is well... employed.

Piper: You're seriously twisted. This is the spell we have to say?

Phoebe: Yeah. We're lucky. If we were men looking for women the spell requires putting a piece of honey cake in a sweaty armpit for day.

Piper: Eww. Maybe we can say this.

Phoebe/Piper: I conjure thee, I conjure thee, I am the queen, you're the bee, as I desire so shall it be. I conjure thee, I conjure thee, I am the queen, you're the bee, as I desire so shall it be.

Phoebe: You think it worked?

Piper: I don't know. The big spells usually require all three of us.

(The phone rings.)

Phoebe: Ooh.

Piper: Ooh.

(They run downstairs to the foyer. Prue is on the phone.)

Phoebe: Is it for me? Is it for me?

Prue: This is Prue. Who's this? Um, I'm sorry. Do I know you?

Dream Sorcerer Yeah. We met at Quake. Well, we didn't actually meet. I sent you a glass of Chardonnay and you sent it back. Still, you know, I was wondering, maybe you'd like to go out sometime.

Prue: Uh, oh, look, as I told the waitress I'm just not available. How did you get my number, my name?

(The Dream Sorcerer hangs up.)

Prue: Hello?

Piper: Who is it?

Prue: That guy from Quake who sent me a drink.

Piper: What did he want?

Prue: He asked me out.

(Phoebe walks over to the door and puts on her coat.)

Prue: Um, hello. Missy May where are you going?

Phoebe: I'm going to Quake see if my spell worked. Want to join me?

Piper: Pass.

Prue: No. Thanks. I'm gonna take a bath.

[Scene: Bathroom. Prue's lying in the bath. She closes her eyes and falls asleep. We go into her dream. The Dream Sorcerer is there.]

Dream Sorcerer: Hello Prue.

(Prue wakes up.)

Prue: Who the hell...

Dream Sorcerer: Am I and how did I get in? Hmm?

Prue: I don't care just get...

Dream Sorcerer: Out of the bathroom?

Dream Sorcerer/Prue: Piper, help me!

Dream Sorcerer: Scream all you want. No one can help you.

Prue: How did you know...

Dream Sorcerer: What are you thinking and know what you're going to say?

Prue: Yes.

Dream Sorcerer: I'm in your conscious. I know your every thought and desire.

Prue: Who are you?

Dream Sorcerer: I'm the man of your dreams.

Prue: You're not real. You don't exist.

Dream Sorcerer: That's what your mother used to say, isn't it? Every night, before you went to sleep?

Dream Sorcerer: As she tucked you in? She'd say if you saw any monsters to tell yourself they weren't real.

Dream Sorcerer: They didn't exist?

Prue: I can't move. Why can't I move?

Dream Sorcerer: Ha ha ha. Because I'm going to love you to death.

(The dream sorcerer gets a sponge and rubs it on her back so hard it makes her bleed. He pushes her head under the water. Piper knocks the door and Prue wakes up.)

Piper: Prue, are you okay?

Prue: Uh, yeah.

Piper: You were yelling.

Prue: Yeah. I had a... I had a really bad thing.

Piper: A thing?

Prue: Yeah. Uh, I'm okay now. I promise. Just go back to bed. (Piper leaves. Prue gets out of the bath.) Ow. (She looks at her back and sees scratch marks from the sponge.) Oh, my God.

Commercial Break

[Scene: Manor. Kitchen. Prue and Piper are there.]

Prue: Do you remember what mom used to say about nightmares?

Piper: She said if we saw any monsters to tell them to go away that they didn't exist. Always worked, too.

Prue: Yeah, well, not this time. He knew about mom. He knew what she told us and how did he know that? And what about the marks on my back. Piper, they were there and now they've disappeared. I don't know how and I don't know why but they were definitely there.

Piper: How many hours did you work this week? 60, 70? And now what are doing today, on a Saturday, no less?

Prue: Yeah, well, the auctions starts on Monday and the shipment arrives three days late. And you're changing the subject. You don't believe me.

Piper: No. I believe you think you saw marks on your back. But I'm watching you down your third cup of coffee and we're talking about a nightmare you had while you asleep in the tub. So isn't it possible that exhaustion made you see those marks and not some dream guy?

Prue: No. He was in my dream and it was real.

Piper: So why didn't you use your powers to help you out? You know, move him away.

Prue: I don't know.

(A handsome guy enters wearing no shirt.)

Hans: Morning.

Prue: Uh, excuse me but who are you?

Piper: Who cares?

(Hans gets a bottle of milk out of the fridge and drinks it all. Phoebe comes in.)

Phoebe: Hans, I found your t... (She sees Piper and Prue.) shirt.

Hans: Was it in the hammock or...

Phoebe: It doesn't matter.

Hans: Thanks.

Phoebe: Sure.

Piper: (whispering) Hammock?

Hans: I got to run.

(They kiss.)

Hans: I'll meet you later for lunch.

Hans: Oops. I almost forgot.

(Hans puts the empty bottle in the recycling bin. He leaves.)

Phoebe: Don't worry. We had safe sex. A lot of safe sex.

Piper: Eww.

(Prue laughs.)

[Scene: Quake. Phoebe and Piper are there.]

Phoebe: I'm telling you, Piper. The spell worked.

Piper: Shh. A little louder, Phoebes. I don't think Oakland heard.

Phoebe: Well, it did. Get this. Hans doesn't go to bars. He's never been to Quake but last night he's on his away back from his acting classes. (Piper laughs.) When... BAM! Flat tire on his motorcycle right across the street from Quake. So he comes in to use the pay phone and who should he bump into but me, exiting the ladies' room.

Piper: Phoebe, you threw his clothes all over the house. That's not a spell working, that's hormones.

Phoebe: No, that's not like that. I really like Hans. He's really cool. And he likes me too.

(Phoebe sees Hans, she runs over to him, they hug and he spins her around. Piper takes a plate of food over to a man sitting at a table.)

Piper: Mr. Manford, here you go. Chicken, rice and veggies. Just the way you like it.

Mr. Manford: Thank you. And please call me Jack. Has anybody ever told you how truly beautiful you are?

(Piper laughs.)

Piper: Have you been drinking?

(He laughs.)

Jack: A sense of humor. I love that. (She turns to leave.) Wait, Piper, don't go. I don't know why but I've got to get to know you. Have dinner with me.

Piper: Can you hang on a second?

Jack: (whispering) Yeah.

Piper: (whispering) Okay.

(Piper walks over to the phone near the bar. A guy stands behind her.)

Piper: Prue Halliwell, please. It's her sister, Piper.

Guy: You know, you shouldn't have dinner with that guy.

Piper: Why not?

Guy: Because you should fly to Paris with me.

Piper: (on the phone) Tell her it's an emergency.

[Cut to Bucklands. Prue's office. She's talking to Piper on the phone.]

Prue: So you're not actually thinking of going out with this Jack guy, are you?

(Rex enters Prue's office carrying a box.)

Rex: Have you finished the, uh, Cromwell miniatures yet?

Prue: Rex...

Prue: (to Piper) Hang on a second.

Prue: (to Rex) No, I'm still cataloging the Rembrandt sketches.

Rex: Oh, well, uh, set them aside. The, uh, letters of Ernest Hemingway are now first on the block.

(Delivery guys bring in lots more boxes of stuff.)

Prue: (to Piper) I don't believe it. I'm going to be here all night. Piper, let me call you back.

(She hangs up.)

[Scene: Manor. Foyer. Phoebe and Piper are there. Phoebe's tying up her shoes.]

Piper: Jack stayed through the entire lunch shift. Talked my ear off, had me laughing at all his stories and somehow convinced me to have coffee with him.

Phoebe: Hans and I are going dancing at Rave. You and Jack should come join us.

Piper: Well, if our dinner date last as long as our coffee break, we wouldn't make it there till closing

Phoebe: Maybe we could all meet back at the house later. (Phoebe grabs her coat.) This has worked out so great, hasn't it?

Piper: Yeah.

(Phoebe laughs and leaves with a smile on her face.)

Piper: Great.

[Scene: Dream lab. Morris, Andy and a are there.]

Morris: So this is a dream lab? They actually pay people to sleep?

Lab Technician: If you wait here, I'll tell Mr. Berman that you would like to speak with him.

(He walks away.)

Andy: Thank you.

Morris: Look, just because Berman dated the first victim...

Andy: Julie Garikson.

Morris: Doesn't make him a k*ller.

Andy: But it's a great place to start. It's our only place to start.

(They walk in a room.)

Morris: What do you know about this place anyway?

Andy: It's a privately funded research facility and Julie Garikson worked here too. She and Berman teamed together on some kind of experimental project.

(Berman arrives outside the room in his wheelchair.)

Berman: Hello, Inspectors, how may I help you?

(They walk back outside.)

Morris: You Whitaker Berman?

Berman: Yes. What's this about?

Morris: We're conducting an investigation and would like to ask you a few questions.

Berman: Regarding?

Andy: Do you know this woman?

(Andy hands him a photograph.)

Berman: That's Julie Derikson. She was my girlfriend. I was heartbroken when she... Forgive me, it's just very hard. I still miss her.

Andy: Another woman d*ed just like her the other night. A waitress. Crushed to death in her sleep.

Berman: Oh, you're kidding?

Morris: No.

Berman: That's-that's awful.

Andy: Mr. Berman, can you tell us your whereabouts night before last.

Berman: I was here in the lab asleep. I left in the morning.

Morris: Any witnesses who can confirm that?

Berman: A nights worth of day, two scientists and a lab technician. Shall I have them paged?

Morris: No, that's okay Mr. Berman. Sorry we disturbed you. Thank you for your time.

[Scene: Quake. Piper's having dinner with Jack.]

Piper: What else can I tell you? Um, when I get stressed, I get hives... in very strange places. Which is nothing compared to what happens when I panic, believe me.

Jack: Your honesty is so refreshing.

Piper: Ah, well, it helps keep my ulcer under control

Jack: It's the nineties. I mean, is there anyone who doesn't have one?

Piper: Would you like to see my tattoo?

Jack: Would you like to see mine?

Piper: Uh, is there nothing I can say to turn you off?

Jack: There really isn't. Which is kind of strange, actually.

Piper: Not really. Jack, you're under a...

(Jack kisses Piper.)

Piper: Spell.

(Piper sees a guy sitting behind Jack smiling and giving her the eye, then she sees another guy standing near by holding a glass of wine and winking at her. She laughs nervously. She looks behind her and another guy is sitting at a table holding a white rose.)

Guy with rose: Hey, there.

(She turns back around to face Jack and lets out a freaked out laugh.)

[Scene: Dream Lab. Lab technicians are helping Mr. Berman aka The Dream Sorcerer into a chair.]

Berman: Give me 30 cc's of Vandereen.

Technician: 30 cc's? That's twice...

Berman: I'll be in rem sleep quicker and longer. Set the dream inducement system, the level twelve.

Technician: We haven't got the results back from level eight.

Berman: This is my dream. My experiment. Set the machine and give me the sh*t.

[Scene: Bucklands. Prue's office. Prue has fallen asleep at her desk. The Dream Sorcerer is in her dreams.]

Dream Sorcerer: Hello Prue. We meet again. (Prue wakes up. She grabs a letter opener off her desk.) All that work. All those hours. You fell asleep at your desk.

Prue: Someone help!

(The walls of the office turn into blue and red clouds.)

Dream Sorcerer: What do you hide from at work? Is it the pain of your past or the uncertainty of your future?

(Prue tries to get out of her chair but she's stuck.)

Prue: I don't hide from anything.

Dream Sorcerer: You can't move out of the chair, can you? (He spins her around.) Don't you want to know why? Because I don't want you to. You're powerless, Prue.

Prue: Go to hell.

Dream Sorcerer: I, on the other hand, am the all power-full. If you don't want to talk to me, that's fine. There's always Piper, Phoebe or any number of young, single women out there. It's an endless pool for the Dream Sorcerer.

Prue: No, wait. I'll stay.

Dream Sorcerer: It's too late. You're falling asleep.

Prue: No. I'm fine. I'm awake.

Dream Sorcerer: Shall I sing you a lullaby?

Prue: I don't think so.

(Prue kicks him and stabs his hand with the letter opener. He yells in pain.)

Dream Sorcerer: Good night, Prue.

(He grabs the chair and gets ready to push her over the edge. You hear a phone ring. Prue's back in her office. She wakes up and answers the phone.)

Prue: Hello?

Andy: Hi, you're still at the office.

Prue: Yeah, um, can I call you back?

(She spins around on her chair and faces the wall.)

Andy: Sure. I'm at the station house. Everything okay?

Prue: It is now. Thanks, Andy. Thanks for calling.

Andy: I just wanted to hear your voice.

Prue: Okay, bye.

(She hangs up. Rex touches Prue on her shoulder, she gets a fright, spins back around and nearly stabs Rex with the letter opener.)

Rex: Bloody hell.

(Prue notices blood on the tip of the letter opener.)

Commercial Break
[Scene: Police station. Andy and Morris are there.]

Morris: The man is in a wheelchair. He's got no motive and he's got an alibi. So tell me again why you think Berman is our suspect.

Andy: Dream leaping.

Morris: Dream leaping?

Andy: That's what Berman's researching at the lab. Dream leaping. The ability to project himself into someone else's dreams.

Morris: Into women's dreams and k*lling them? Now who's dreaming.

Andy: Not just any women. Women who reject him. Just like Julie Derikson did. She broke up with him when they were driving somewhere. He got into an accident. That's why he's paralyzed. It's on there in the police report. (Andy stands up and gets his coat.) The day after he went back to work at the lab, Julie Derikson d*ed suspiciously. Six months later, two more women d*ed in their sleep. Crushed to death. Coincidence? You tell me.

Morris: Love to. Can't. Let's go.

[Scene: Manor. The front door opens and Phoebe walks in.]

Phoebe: (calling out) I'm home!

(She walks down the foyer and notices bunches of flowers everywhere. She sees an open box of chocolates and takes one. She walks in the kitchen. More flowers are in here too. Piper's sitting at the table drinking coffee.)

Piper: You're home early.

Phoebe: Yeah. So are you. What's with all the flowers. You and Jack fighting already?

Piper: I wish. The flowers were all waiting on the doorstep when I returned. They're from men I barely know and men I've never met. All the flowers in here are for you.

(Phoebe sits down.)

Phoebe: Oh, well. I know they're not from Hans.

Piper: What happened?

Phoebe: He wouldn't leave me alone all night. He kept touching me. And practically every guy in the bar was hitting on me. Finally I couldn't take it anymore. I ditched Hans and left him at the club. So, how was your date?

Piper: Perfect. Everything was perfect. Even my faults were perfect.

Phoebe: And this is a bad thing?

Piper: It wasn't real. Everything he said, everything he felt, it was because of the spell, not because of me.

Phoebe: Piper, you don't know that. Maybe he meant every word. Maybe if it wasn't for the spell he would've never had a chance to feel those things. Let alone say them.

Piper: No, Phoebe. Love is a magic between two people that cannot be explained and cannot be conjured. What we did, it's just... it's not right.

(Kit jumps on the table.)

Phoebe: Hmm. Ever our poor cat's in hell. (You see cats outside trying to get in the window.) Go away horny tom cats.

Piper: Let's reverse the spell.

(Phoebe nods. The phone rings. Piper gets up and answers it.)

Piper: Hello? Prue, where are you?

Prue: I'm, um, still ate the office. Look, I fell asleep and that man from my dream, he tried to k*ll me again.

Piper: What?

Prue: Yeah. I don't understand why. All I know is I'm only safe if I stay awake. If I fall asleep, I'm dead.

Piper: Well, stay where you are. Phoebe and I will come pick you up.

Prue: No. I don't want to stay here another minute. Look, I want you to look in the Book of Shadows and see if you can find anything on this guy. He calls himself a dream sorcerer, ok?

[Cut to the attic. Phoebe's looking through the Book Of Shadows.]

Piper: Nothing?

Phoebe: Nada.

Piper: There's got to be something.

Phoebe: I'm telling you. There's no Dream Sorcerer stuff anywhere.

Piper: That's impossible. The Book of Shadows has never let us down.

Phoebe: Well, maybe he's not a demon. Maybe he's a mortal.

Piper: Then he's got one hell of a power.

Phoebe: You're not kidding.

Piper: Demon, mortal, there's got to be some way to stop him.

(The phone rings.)

Piper: It's got to be Prue.

Phoebe: Wait. What are you going to tell her? That we can't help her? That she can never go to sleep?

(They run downstairs.)

[Cut to Prue. She's in her car driving along. She's got her phone up to her ear.]

Prue: Come on, answer the phone.

[Cut back to the manor. Piper and Phoebe are running down the stairs. Piper answers the phone.]

Piper: Hello?

Prue: Hey, did you, um, find anything?

Piper: No, we didn't but don't worry. You're not in this alone. Phoebe and I will help you.

Prue: How can you help me when we don't even know what he is?

Piper: The most important thing right now is for you get home safely.

Prue: Yeah. Ok, um, look. Just keep talking. Don't let me fall asleep.

Piper: (to Phoebe) She sounds exhausted.

(Phoebe takes the phone.)

Phoebe: Okay, Prue. Blast the air conditioning, crank the stereo and roll down the windows. Wait, don't crank the stereo.

Phoebe: (to Piper) What's that song we always used to sing when we were little?

Piper: The road trip song?

Phoebe: Yeah. Let's sing that.

Phoebe: Did you hear that, Prue?

Prue: Yeah, okay.

Phoebe: Okay, don't worry. Everything's going to be fine. Nothing is going to happen.

(Hans knocks on the door. He sounds angry.)

Hans: Phoebe!

Phoebe: Hans?

Hans: Let me in. I have to see you.

Pheobe: Go away. (Hans breaks open the door.) Are you crazy? What are you doing?

Prue: Piper? Phoebe?

Hans: You left me. How could you leave me?

Phoebe: Hans, please.

Hans: Ever since I met you I can't do anything. Eat, drink, sleep. All I can do is think about you.

[Cut to Prue. She's nearly asleep.]

Prue: Piper, Phoebe.

The Dream Sorcerer appears in her dream.)

Dream Sorcerer: Time is now, Prue. We're almost there.

(Prue awakes up.)

Prue: Piper, Phoebe, where are you?

[Cut back to the manor. Piper and Phoebe stand on the stairs.]

Hans: What have you done to me?

(Hans picks up a vase of flowers and throws it at them. Piper freezes him and the vase before it can hit them.)

Piper: Are you okay?

Phoebe: I'm fine. (Phoebe remembers Prue.) Prue.

(They run back over to the phone.)

[Cut back to Prue. She's falling asleep again. She drops the phone.]

[Cut back to the manor.]

Phoebe: Prue! Prue! She's not there.

[Cut back to Prue. She's asleep. The Dream Sorcerer appears.]

Dream Sorcerer: Say good night, Prue.

(You see her heading for a pole. He starts laughing.)

[Cut back to the manor.]

Phoebe: She's not answering.

[Cut back to Prue. She has ran into the pole. The front of her car is totally smashed. Prue has her head resting on the steering wheel.]

Prue: (whispering) I can't fall asleep. I can't fall asleep.

Commercial Break

[Scene: Hospital. Prue's on a stretcher. The doctor's are pushing her down the corridor. A nurse runs up to her.]

Doctor: (to the paramedic) What have you got?

Paramedic: I've got a 27 year old female, one on one carved into a utility pole. BPA over 44.10. Unconscious at the scene.

Doctor: Pupil's are responsive. Miss Halliwell, hang in there.

Prue: (whispering) Must stay awake, must stay awake.

(The doctor runs into a room and gives orders to a male nurse. They push Prue in the room.)

Doctor: Ready, 1, 2, 3. (They lift her on the bed and hook her up to the machines.)

Doctor #2: ---------- a thirty-five pulse, ----- is falling.

Doctor: That can't be. Give me five hundred -------. Stay with us, Miss Halliwell. Damn, she's unconscious.

(The room turns into her dream. She's still lying on the bed.)

Prue: How did I get here? I'm not...

Dream Sorcerer: Asleep? Actually you're unconscious. You fell asleep at the wheel. Hit a pole. Terrible terrible thing. Speaking of pain, you really hurt me last night.

(Prue tries call from her cell phone)

Dream Sorcerer: And not just my feelings.

Prue: Suffer.

(Prue starts dialing her phone.)

Dream Sorcerer: We're definitely out of range. (He picks up a glass of wine.) A little wine with your death?

[Cut to the dream lab. Andy and Morris are there.]

Technician: Mr. Berman insists that he's not to be disturbed during his experiments.

Andy: I don't care. We want to talk to him. Just wake him up.

Technician: It's not gonna be easy. He's highly sedated.

Andy: Just get to work.

(The technician walks in the room.)

Morris: I hope you're right about this.

Andy: I know I am. Question now is if Berman is gonna k*ll again. But who?

[Cut back to Prue's dream. Prue's wearing a really nice black evening dress.]

Dream Sorcerer: Do you like the dress?

Prue: I've worn better.

Dream Sorcerer: Hmm, yeah.

(The Dream Sorcerer picks up Prue off the bed.)

[Cut to the hospital. Piper and Phoebe walk up to reception.]

Piper: Excuse me.

Doctor #2: May I help you?

Piper: You called us a little while ago. Ah, our sister is here. Prue Halliwell.

(He looks at some files.)

Doctor #2: Oh, your sister's still in trauma one.

Phoebe: Is she okay?

Doctor #2: Well, if you go down to the waiting room, a doctor will be right with you.

Piper: Okay, thank you.

(They pretend to walk to the waiting room but when no one is looking they run down to trauma one.)

[Cut back to the Dream Lab. Andy's knocking on the glass.]

Andy: Mr. Berman! Mr. Berman, wake up! (to the technician) I don't care what it takes, just wake him up. (Andy continues to bang on the glass.) Mr. Berman, wake up!

[Cut to Prue's dream. You hear Andy's voice.]

Andy's voice: Wake up, Mr. Berman!

Prue: Andy?

[Cut to Prue in the hospital. Phoebe and Piper are there.]

Piper: We're here, Prue, right beside you.

Phoebe: Can you hear us?

[Cut back to Prue's dream.]

Piper's voice: Prue?

Prue: Piper. Phoebe.

Phoebe's voice: Prue?

Dream Sorcerer: They can't help you. You're mine, now.

[Cut to the hospital.]

Phoebe: I'm scared.

Piper: I know. Me too.

Phoebe: What do we do?

Piper: We don't let her give up.

Piper: Prue, listen to me. You've got to fight with this guy.

Phoebe: Don't leave us.

Piper: You can do it.

Phoebe: We need you.

Piper: Use your power, Prue.

Phoebe: Come back to us.

[Cut to Prue's dream.]

Piper's voice: Use your power.

Phoebe's voice: You can do it, Prue.

Prue: Where are you?

Dream Sorcerer: You're powerless.

Piper's voice: Prue, you can do it. Use your power against him. Prue?

(The Dream Sorcerer carries her over to the edge of the building.)

Dream Sorcerer: Shall I say good night, hmm?

Prue: No, let me. Good night.

(She uses her power and he flies over the edge of the building.)

[Cut to the Dream Lab. The Dream Sorcerer is yelling in his sleep. He stops and he dies.]

Andy: I don't believe it. He's dead.

[Cut back to the hospital. Prue wakes up.]

Piper: Prue?

Phoebe: Are you okay?

Prue: Yeah, I'm okay.

Phoebe: What about the...

Prue: He's gone.

Commercial Break

[Scene: Hospital. Piper and Phoebe are carrying bunches and bunches of flowers into Prue's room.]

Phoebe: Knock, knock.

Prue: Please, tell me you guys are here to pick me up.

Piper: Hi. No, Dr. Black said one more day. Just to be sure.

Phoebe: Yeah, and you know, it wouldn't k*ll you to get some rest.

(She realizes what she just said and covers her mouth.)

Prue: Phoebe, it's okay. Thanks for the flowers.

Piper: Yeah.

(Phoebe laughs.)

Prue: What's going on?

Phoebe: Oh, long story, not very interesting.

Prue: Does this have anything to do with your lust spell?

Phoebe: Mmm hmm. But don't worry.

Piper: We reversed the spell last night.

Phoebe: Piper called Jack.

Prue: The guy that you had dinner with?

Piper: And he didn't remember anything. And Phoebe called Hans...

Phoebe: And he didn't remember anything.

Piper: So, don't worry. Everything is back to normal.

Prue: Good.

(Andy walks in carrying a red rose and some take-away.)

Andy: Afternoon, ladies. Surprise.

Prue: Yes. It is.

(Prue looks at Phoebe.)

Phoebe: What are you looking at me for? I didn't tell him.

(Prue then looks at Piper.)

Piper: Guilty. Come on, let's go.

Phoebe: Okay, bye.

Piper: Um, we'll see you later tonight.

Phoebe: After we raid your closet.

(They leave.)

Andy: Brought your favourite.

(He hands Prue the take-away bag and she looks in it.)

Prue: Oh, cheeseburgers and fries.

Andy: Glad to see every bone in your body's not broken.

Prue: What?

Andy: The car accident. Never mind.

(Andy gives Prue the rose.)

End