01x12 - You'll Be The Death of Me

Episode transcripts of the TV show, "True Blood". Aired: September 2008 to August 2014.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse encounters a strange new supernatural world when she meets the mysterious Bill, a southern Louisiana gentleman and vampire.

01x12 - You'll Be The Death of Me

Post by bunniefuu »

Scene 1: At the police station; in jail - Jason, Rene, Sookie, Andy

Jason: You know that old leather jacket I wear sometimes? The brown one? Well, make sure it goes to Hoyt. I told him it was lucky. It ain't. But he don't know that. Sookie will get the house, my bank account. But I want you to have my truck.

Rene: Really?

Jason: You've been a good friend, Rene.

Rene: Hell, thanks, men. I'm giving it back, though, soon as they let you go.

Jason: They ain't never letting me go, Rene. There's something inside of me that's just... it's wrong.

Rene: Oh, come on, now. Ain't like you went and k*lled a bunch of innocent women.

Jason: What?

Rene: They were fangbangers. If you hadn't done it, it was just a matter of time...

Jason: You calling my grandma a fangbanger?

Rene: No. Now, don't you get your back all up, you. I'm just saying you must have had your reasons, that's all.

Jason: There ain't no good reason for what I did.

Rene: Man, suppose you're right.

Sookie (to a policeman): I'm going in, whether you like it or not. He's my brother.

Policeman: He's only allowed one visitor at a time.

Sookie: Either let me by or throw me in there with him, but I'm gonna see my brother.

She goes in front of the jail door.

Sookie: Jason.

Jason: I'm sorry, Sookie. I'm so sorry.

Sookie: You have nothing to be sorry for. I just wish I got here before you confessed to something you didn't do.

Jason: I don't even remember doing any of it. I just know I did.

Sookie: Jason, you need to shut up, okay? Because I'm real close to finding out who the real k*ller is.

Credit

It continues with Sookie talking to Jason, and Rene looking and listening at them.

Sookie: His name's Drew Marshall. He head a sister named Cindy, and I think he k*lled her. Strangled her just like Maudette and Dawn and Amy.

Rene voice off: If she knows all this then how come she hasn't gone to the cops?

Sookie (to Rene): I tried that. So far the cops have done diddlysquat to protect me and my family. Besides, I don't have evidence. I don't even know what Drew Marshall looks like.

Rene: So you can't really be sure he's the k*ller.

Sookie: I've seen what's inside his head.

Rene voice off: I never believed that about her, but it's true. There's all kinds of strangeness in this world.

Jason: Sookie, I know you wanna help me but that's only because you can't accept the truth. I'm a m*rder*r, and I'm going to hell plain and simple.

Sookie: You aren't hearing me. I think I know who the k*ller is. All we gotta do is find him.

Jason: Andy.

Sookie: Listen to me. Don't be stupid.

Jason: Andy!

Andy (arriving): What's your problem?

Jason: Make her go away.

Andy: Am I your f****** butler?

Amy: Jason.

Jason: Please, just get her out of here.

Andy: All right, you heard him. Zoo's closed.

Jason: Did you get the fax from the Bunkie police about Drew Marshall the man who's probably the real k*ller?

Andy: Never heard of no fax from no Bunkie P.D. or Drew whoever but I'll tell you one thing: The real k*ller is right there where he belongs.

Sookie: You are one hell of a sorry excuse for a cop and a human being, Andy Bellefleur. And it's just a matter of time before everyone knows it.

Sookie leaves.

Scene 2: Maryann's house - Tara, Maryann, Carl

Tara wakes up in a big bed, in her room, at Maryann's house.

She goes outside. Carl serves the breakfast.

Tara: Hi, I'm Tara.

Tara takes a seat and Maryann arrives.

Maryann: Oh, good morning.

Tara: Good morning.

Maryann: Thought you might be hungry.

Tara: Okay, this isn't food. This is a sculpture. And this place... You're not really just a social worker are you?

Maryann: I'm a lot of things, just like you. Coffee?

Tara: Sure.

Maryann: I mean, you're not just a drunk-driving bartender, are you? You're also intelligent, resourceful, strong. A survivor.

Tara: I don't feel like any of those things right now. I didn't just wreck my car, I totaled my whole life. All of it.

Maryann: Well, I suppose that's one way of looking at it. Personally, I see your situation as an opportunity.

Tara: I just got a fake exorcism and a DUI. I probably lost my job, all of my friends and my mother disowned me. I'm sorry, but I don't get how that's an opportunity.

Maryann: Maybe life has just cleared out all the things that weren't working for you. Now you've got room to rebuild decide exactly what you want your life to look like and make that happen. What do you want, Tara? What do you want your life to be?

Tara: I don't know. I guess I've never really let myself want anything.

Maryann: Oh, that breaks my heart.

Tara: Yeah, well, there are people a lot worse off than me, I'm sure. I should probably let you get back to helping them instead of watching me cry all over your nice breakfast. I appreciate everything you've done for me. And I promise to pay back the bail as soon as I can...

Maryann: Tara, sit down. You haven't touched your food, your dress isn't dry and I think we both know you've got nowhere to go. Please. I know it's hard for you to trust me, but I really do just wanna help. Even if that means just giving you a place to stay until you figure things out.

Tara: Why would you do that?

Maryann: Because it's what I do. It's what I want my life to be, helping people. Not because I feel sorry for you and not because I want anything back from you.

Tara: Then why?

Maryann: Because you deserve a chance. And I'm in a position to give you one.

Carl is doing Tara's bed. Her phone rings; it's Sam. Carl puts the phone in his pocket.

Scene 3: Sam's office - Sam, Sookie

Sam (on the phone, leaving Tara a message): Fine, you wanna end this? That's fine. The least you could do is call and tell me where you are so I can stop worrying about you. (Sookie comes in) Thanks a lot. I'll talk to you later. Bye. (To Sookie) Sookie, what are you doing here?

Sookie: I've got the lunch shift.

Sam: Yeah, but with everything going on with Jason, I figured you'd take the day off.

Sookie: I'm not staying home and hiding, having people think I'm ashamed of my brother. Besides, I'm gonna need all the money I can get to hire a private investigator. Drew Marshall is in town. Who knows how many times he's sat in one of these booths, looks me right in the eye, and ordered a burger and fries?

Sam: Wouldn't you have heard him?

Sookie: Wouldn't you have smelled him? I ain't a shortwave radio. I spend most of my time trying not to listen to people.

Sam: Sorry, I didn't mean...

Sookie: It's okay. I'd better start my prep.

Scene 4: In jail - Jason, a policeman, a man (Orry Dawson)

Policeman: You only have five minutes with him. Five minutes.

Man: Mr. Stackhouse?

Jason: Yeah?

Man: My name is Orry Dawson.

Jason: Oh, I told them I don't need no lawyer.

Orry: I'm not a lawyer. I'm here on behalf of the Fellowship of the Sun.

Jason: What, that anti-vampire church?

Orry: We are a religious organization dedicated to the preservation and salvation of the human race.

Jason: Oh, good, because I thought you just hated vampires. And I used to, but then I got to know one and he was a pretty decent guy. Until I got him k*lled.

Orry: You see, that's where you're wrong. What you did, it was a service to your race and to Jesus. And you should be proud of that.

Jason: Yeah.

Orry: You know, last year there were over 800 reported vampire-related att*cks in Louisiana alone, and the raw won't do nothing about it. They are too busy respecting those fiends and their civil rights. Well, what about our rights? Our rights to be safe on our own neighborhoods, our rights to our own blood.

Jason: I don't know nothing about that.

Orry: Look... officially the Church can't condone what you did. You took the lives of four women, women who had tainted themselves and their race but still, human women. Hey. But we do recognize that even though your methods may have been flawed, your intentions were pure.

Jason: I got no idea what you're talking about.

Orry: That's smart. Don't admit to anything. The Church has started up a fund fir your defense. In the meantime (he gives Jason a prospectus) here's something to help you pass the time. You are a brave soldier, Jason Stackhouse.

Jason: Okay.

Orry: God lives you. You will be saved.

Scene 5: Maryann's - Tara, Eggs

Tara goes swimming in the pool. She comes in the house and listens someone playing guitar.

Tara: I didn't mean to interrupt you. I was looking for Maryann.

Man: She'll be right back. You must be Tara. Come on in. I'm Eggs.

Tara: Eggs?

Eggs: Yeah, well, it's actually Benedict. Benedict Talley, so...

Tara: Eggs Benedict.

Eggs: Yeah.

Tara: Oh, s***. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have laughed. My name's screwed up too.

Eggs: Tara's a pretty name. Suits you.

Tara: Maryann didn't tell me she had a boyfriend.

Eggs: Oh, no, no, no. I'm just staying here till I get back on my feet, jut like you.

Tara: So collecting stray black people, that some kind of hobby of hers?

Eggs: She was right about you, you are funny.

Tara: Oh, yeah? What else she tell you about me?

Eggs: Oh, she said you crashed your car with a gallon of whiskey in your lap.

Tara: Yeah. It was vodka. Really cheap vodka.

Eggs: Hey, I'm not judging you, believe me. When Maryann found me, I was... well, let's just say I was a hell of a lot worse off than you. She's a miracle worker. You'll see.

Tara: Yeah, well, I won't be sticking around that long.

Eggs: That's too bad.

Tara: Well... my mama when she thought something was too good to be true she's say, "Satan in a Sunday hat". That's exactly what this is.

Eggs: You know, it took me a long time to stop looking over my shoulder too. But there are good people in this world. Sometimes good d*** happens.

He plays guitar.

Scene 6: Merlotte's - Rene, Andy, Sookie, Bud, Rosie, Sam

Rene is in his car, singing. He leaves his home and goes to Merlotte's.

Andy: Treating him like he don't remember doing it, like he had amnesia or something.

Rene: Hey, Sookie.

Andy: He knows.

Sookie: Hey.

Andy: I ain't buying it.

Sookie (to her clients): Holler of y'all need anything, okay?

Andy: He's just sitting there, looking like a dog that lost his bone. And then he says: "I did it. I k*lled those women. You were right all along."

Bud: He didn't exactly say that.

Andy: Should've seen the look in his eyes. Ice-cold, like he was talking about roadkill.

Bud: Excuse me.

Bud leaves.

Rosie: Well, thank God you got him, Detective Bellefleur. Can I buy you a beer, show my appreciation?

Andy: That's alright, Rosie, I was just doing my job.

Man voice off: Whole family full of freaks and K*llers.

Woman voice off: Ought to be ashamed to show her face after what her brother did.

Other man voice off: Sleazy little man-s*** Jason Stackhouse, a g*dd*mn m*rder*r.

Other man voice off: I'd pay good money to watch that boy fry.

Other woman voice off: He was so cute for a m*rder*r. Wonder why he never hit on me. Guess I'm lucky.

Other woman voice off: She knew about him all along.

Sam comes to Sookie.

Sam: Hey, what's going on?

Sookie: You're right, I shouldn't have come in today.

Sam: Go to my trailer and lie down.

Sookie: I need to get out of here.

Sam: Sookie, it's not safe.

Sookie: I'm just gonna drive around. I'll keep my doors locked. I won't even get out of the car.

Sam: No, Sookie.

Sookie: I need some time alone. I'm... I gotta get these thoughts out of my head.

Sam: All right. All right, all right. Yeah. I got your tables.

Sookie: Thank you, Sam. For everything.

Man voice off: I don't wanna go to the can right now. I'm gonna see where this goes.

Scene 7: In the parking of the Merlotte's - Sookie, Rene, Terry

Sookie is in her car. It doesn't turn on.

Sookie: Please, Jesus, don't do this to me. sh**t! Darn it! Son of a mother... Fudge!

Rene: Sookie. Everything all right?

Sookie: Just a little car trouble, that's all.

Rene: Want me to take a look? (After some time) Well, don't tell nobody, but I don't know much about cars. Sorry.

Sookie: Thanks for trying. I guess I should call a tow.

Rene: Well, why don't you let me give you a ride home. I'll get my buddy Hank down at Auto Haven to take a look on my way back.

Sookie: I can't be alone.

Rene: Course you can't. How about I give you a ride, stay with you till Sam gets off?

Sookie: I couldn't put you out like that.

Rene: No, no, no. Your brother's been real good friend to me. Least I could do.

Sookie: That's so kind of you, Rene.

Terry: Hey, Sookie, Rene. I just wanna say, I told Andy, I've known K*llers, and Jason ain't one.

Sookie: Thank you, Terry.

Terry: Nobody ever listens to me. But they should.

He goes.

Rene: Ready?

Scene 8: In Rene's car - Rene, Sookie

Sookie: I can't believe Jason gave you his truck. He lives this truck.

Rene: I know, right? I tried talking him out of it. He wasn't hearing it, though. Buckle up, now.

Sookie: Thanks.

Rene: Is it really true? You can hear what I'm thinking right now?

Rene voice off: What do I think about? Think about nothing, nothing, nothing. Think about nothing.

Sookie: Don't bother. Thinking about nothing ain't possible. Trust me, everyone's tried it around me. Sooner or later, you'll think about something. You know, what's kind of funny is that your thoughts don't have an accent.

Rene: That must be hard on you, living with that.

Sookie: It is hard, sometimes. You have no idea how sick and twisted some people are.

Rene: Oh, Lord, I can believe that. Yes, ma'am.

Sookie: It's one thing when they think horrible stuff about me. I mean, I'm kind of used to it. But, well, when it's about my brother... he's all I've got left. I mean, I've lost everyone.

He gives her a Kleenex.

Sookie: Thanks.

Rene: You know, I've lost people too. It don't ever get ant easier but you find ways to cope.

Scene 9: Arlene's house - Arlene, her two kids

The kids are in the saloon, watching a video. It's Maudette and Malcolm's video sex tape.

Arlene: Coby, Lisa. (She comes) I thought I told you kids to take out the garbage. What the hell are you watching? Oh, my Lord. Where'd you get this? Coby. Lisa, you answer me right now.

Lisa: It's Rene's. We found it in the garage.

Arlene: Go to your room.

Scene 10: Sookie's house - Sookie, Rene

Rene: It's hotter in here than hell on a Sunday.

Sookie: Yeah, Gran used to leave the windows open all day but I haven't felt safe doing that in a while. Have a sear. I'll fix us some iced teas.

Rene: Sounds good.

Scene 11: Merlotte's - Sam, Terry, Lafayette

Lafayette cleans the tables.

Lafayette: These f******' palates are as backwoods as their brains. Sam, Rene left his vest.

Sam: Put it in lost and found.

Sam smells the vest.

Flash back:

Sam is on his bed and smells the blanket.

End flash back.

He runs outside.

Sam (To Terry): Hey, where's Sookie? Did you see her?

Terry: Yep.

Sam: Where'd she go?

Terry: She left with Rene about 20, 23 minutes ago.

Sam leaves, running.

Scene 12: Sookie's house - Sookie, Rene, Bill, Sam, Tara, Lafayette, Arlene

Sookie is in the kitchen, preparing the iced teas.

Sookie (loud): Rene, you take it sweet?

Rene: Yes, ma'am.

He's surprises her, being in the kitchen.

Sookie: You scared me.

Rene: Did I? Sorry about that.

Rene voice off: Don't think about it. Blood, blood, blood. So much. She wasn't supposed to be here. Shut up!

Flash back.

Adele is in the kitchen when Rene comes in.

Adele: Rene?

Rene: How come Sookie ain't here?

He kills her with a Kn*fe.

Rene: You weren't supposed to be here.

End flash back.

Rene: Sookie. You all right?

Sookie: I'm so jumpy these days.

Rene: Let me help you with that.

Sookie: No. I'm gonna go get a mop.

She goes in the saloon and he follows her. She takes the shut g*n.

Rene: What do you think you're doing?

Sookie: Stay away.

Rene: You're not gonna sh**t me. (She tries) Told you.

Rene voice off: She deserves it, needs it, wants to die. That's why she f**** them fangers.

She beats him with the g*n and runs out.

Rene: F***. g*dd*mn it!

He runs after her.

Rene: Get back here, you f****** b****!

Sookie sees in Rene's mind, when he k*lled his sister.

Cindy: Dang it.

Rene: Ain't nothing that'll cover what you done.

Cindy: You watching me now? You freak.

End of the vision.

Rene: Sookie!

In Rene's vision:

Rene: But you're the freak, Cindy. You're the damn freak. F****** freak. F***! Spread your legs for a dead man? Mama would roll in her grave.

Cindy: Get the f*** out of here.

End of the vision.

Rene: Sookie! Sookie, I'm gonna get you, you b****!

In Rene's vision:

Cindy: No, no. What are you doing? Get away from me! No!

He strangles his sister.

Rene: Get out! F***!

End of the vision.

Rene: I can feel you in my head.

In Rene's vision:

Maudette: I thought you were Jason.

He strangles her.

Now he kills Dawn.

Rene (while k*lling her): Die, fang-f*****!

He remembers when he kills Amy.

End of the visions.

Rene: Stay the f*** out of my head! F***!

Sookie continues to run in the woods. She's now in the cemetery.

Bill wakes up.

Sam arrives at Sookie's house.

Sam: Sookie! Sookie!

He sees Rene's belt and blood on the floor. He runs and goes in the woods.

Bill goes out too.

Rene: Sookie. Come in, Sookie, let's be... let's be friends. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. Sookie, I was just playing. Sookie? Seriously, I was just kidding.

Rene voice off: You f****** hear me, you filthy f****** c**t? I'm gonna tear out your g*dd*mn throat with my hands and f*** your dead face. S***. g*dd*mn it, I must have lost her. Could be hiding in the woods. I'd better go back and check. S***.

Sookie gets out of her hiding place, and Rene's behind her. He beats her.

Rene: Mind-reading, vampire-f****** freak b****!

He begins to strangle her. Bill is walking.

Rene: You think you're so smart? You smart now?

A dog (Sam) comes and bits Rene. Rene beats the dog.

Rene: F****** with me.

The dog transforms in Sam.

Rene: F***. (He beats him) What the f*** are you? What the f***?

Bill is now in the cemetery.

Bill: Sookie.

Sookie wakes up.

Rene: F*** you, you f****** freak f***! F****** sick f***. Die, you f****** freak of nature! Die.

Before Rene could k*ll Sam, Sookie betas him on the head.

Rene (to Sookie): F****** b****.

She kills him. Sam comes behind her.

Sam: Sookie.

She sees Bill, on the ground, burning. She goes to him.

Bill: I am sorry.

Sookie (crying): No. No, Bill, please.

Sam: We gotta get him out of the light.

Sam buries Bill in Sookie's hiding place.

Sookie is on the sofa. She wakes up.

Tara: Sookie?

Sookie: Tara. You look so pretty. Like someone turned a light on under your skin.

Sam: Hospital gave her pain meds. She's a little loopy.

Tara: Didn't you listen when I said I'd lose my s*** if anything ever happened to you?

Sookie: Don't loose your s***. I'm fine. Did Sam tell you that he saved my life? He turned into a dog and bit Rene.

Lafayette: Oh, s***. I'm gonna need some of them dr*gs they gave you.

Sam: Hey, you guys, we should let her rest.

Sookie: Sam... you need to let people see the real you because you're kind and brave. There's nothing there not to love.

Sam: Right back at you.

Arlene comes.
Scene 13: The police station - Andy, Bud, Jason

Bud (on the phone): All right, then. Thanks. (He hangs up. To Andy) DA's dropping the charges.

Andy: No. no f****** way. He confessed.

Bud: The marks on Amy Burley's neck match Rene's belt. Or Drew Marshall. Whatever the hell his name is, he near about put Sookie in a body bag. We got no reason to hold Stackhouse.

Andy: That's horses***!

Bud: Get ahold of yourself, Andy. I don't need you screwing things up worse.

Andy: So, what, we're just gonna let him go?

Bud: Not "we". You brought him in. you let him go. Right now, Andy.

Andy goes to let go Jason.

Jason: Oh, hey, Andy. Is there some way I can get a magazine? This s***'s putting me to sleep. What are you doing?

Andy: Get out of here.

Jason: What?

Andy: You heard me, get the f*** out of here.

Jason: Is this some kind of trick or something?

Andy: No, you stupid s***. It ain't a trick. It's a f****** miracle.

Scene 14: Sookie's house - Sookie, Arlene, Lafayette, Tara, Sam, Maryann, Jason

Arlene: Oh, sweet Jesus, please forgive me. I had no ideas, Sookie, I swear.

Sookie: Course you didn't.

Arlene: I brought him around my kids. I slept in the bed with him every night, and all that time it was nothing but lies. I mean, his name, his accent... God, you think you know someone. How could I not know?

Sookie: None if us did. Don't blame yourself, honey.

Arlene: I can't help it. I told you to stay out of my thoughts. Isn't that why you didn't listen in on Rene?

Sookie: It's like he kept that part of himself locked away in some dark corner of his mind.

Arlene: Oh, God. Sookie. I'm so sorry. I want you to promise me something, okay?

Sookie: Okay.

Arlene: Someday, if I ever find another man, I want you to look inside his head and tell me everything that's in there.

Sookie: Arlene, it doesn't really work that way.

Arlene: Just promise me, okay? Because I have the worst taste in men. Is Bill gonna be okay?

Sookie: I don't think so. No.

Arlene: Oh, honey. Oh, sweet baby.

Tara, Lafayette and Sam are outside.

Lafayette: Well, I'm gonna head on over the bar. Make sure Terry ain't PTSD'ind all over my clam chowder.

Sam: Hey, thanks, Lafayette. Appreciate you holding down the fort.

Lafayette: Oh, no worries, boyfriend. I'm gonna hit your ass up for a raise as soon as they pull them stitches out your forehead. (To Tara) Call me later, T.

Lafayette leaves.

Sam: Where have you been? I left you like five messages.

Tara: I didn't get any messages.

Sam: What?

Tara: Look, we don't have to talk about this now. Sookie almost d*ed. And she would have if you hadn't have been there so I'm glad you were, okay?

Sam: Yeah. I was worried about you.

Tara: I'm sure you were. You worry about everybody. Because Sookie's right, you're an amazing guy. You deserve to get everything you want. And so do I.

Maryann arrives in her car.

Sam: What does that mean?

Sam: Take care of her.

Sam: Wait, Tara...

Tara: Maryann, this is my friend Sam. Sam, this is Maryann.

Maryann: Sam, it's so nice to meet you. (To Tara) You ready to go?

Tara gets in the car.

Sam: What the hell are you doing here?

Maryann: Did you think I wasn't gonna find you? You silly, silly dog.

Arlene: I should've known. Because there were things he liked to do in bed that no normal man ever does.

Jason arrives.

Sookie: Jason.

Jason: I've never been happier to see you in my life.

Sookie: That's nice, but, sweetie, I'm black and blue all over and you're squeezing me.

Jason: Oh, sorry. S***. Look what that son of a b**** did to you. I can't believe I gave him my truck. If he was still alive right now, I'd f****** k*ll him again.

Arlene: Excuse me.

She leaves, crying.

Jason: Me and my mouth.

Sookie: She'll be all right. Eventually.

Jason: You know, I was sitting in that jail and I just kept thinking about all the stupid stuff I'd done.

Sookie: That must have kept you busy.

Jason: And I know it seems like all I ever think is myself and drinking and chasing women. But that's only because I thought that's all I was good at.

Sookie: That's not true. You were good at football.

Jason: Not good enough for a scholarship. I ain't never been good enough for anything or anybody. Well, except maybe Amy. But she's gone, so... so I was in there, waiting to die too and I realized my life wasn't worth nothing. I've never done nothing worth being proud of. All I could think to do was to end it.

Sookie: Jason...

Jason: No, it's okay, because then something happened. Sook, I was saved. I was given a second chance. And now I know that all this bad stuff that happened, it happened for a reason.

Sookie: What's that?

Jason: I ain't sure yet, but I do know I'm meant to do something important with my life. And as soon as I find out what that is, I ain't gonna f*** it up.

Sookie: That's good, I guess.

Jason: Yeah. I love you, Sook. And I'm gonna take good care of you from now on, I promise.

Sookie: How about you just take care of yourself and stay out of trouble.

Jason: No, you don't have to worry about me no more. I'm good.

He leaves.

Scene 15: Outside the Merlotte's - Lafayette

Lafayette goes outside.

Lafayette: Why is all the f****** garbage on the side of the garbage can? Nasty motherf******. Got no g*dd*mn home-training.

He throws the garbage.

Lafayette: You motherf****** s***. Oh my God.

Scene 16: Sookie's house - Sookie, Bill

Tv: Daddy. Oh, Daddy, I missed you. I found you, I found you. They said you were dead, but I knew you weren't. Oh, Daddy. Hold me close. You won't ever go away again, will you?

The doorbell rings. Sookie opens the door; it's Bill.

Sookie: You're alive.

Bill: Well, technically, no. but I am healed. I fed.

Sookie: Would you like to come in?

Bill: Yes.

He comes in.

Sookie: No.

Bill: Without my blood, it'll take weeks for you to heal.

Sookie: I don't care. After everything, I just need to feel human right now.

Bill: I failed you.

Sookie: You were willing to sacrifice yourself to save me.

Bill: But if I had just been...

Sookie: My life is too short for all that.

Two weeks later.

Scene 17: Merlotte's - Sam, Sookie, Tara, Arlene, Terry

Tv: Yesterday the Vermont supreme court ruled that limiting marriage between only human men and woman is unconstitutional effectively legalizing vampire marriage in the state. Courthouses still be staying open to accommodate hundreds of couples all over America.

Arlene: Oh, my God, Sookie, you know what this means? Now you and Bill can get married.

Sookie: Stop it, Arlene. This isn't Vermont. Besides, he hasn't asked me yet and I don't know what I'd say if he did.

Sam: I think you should marry Bill. Hell, I'll even throw you a party. It won't even break the bank. All you need is a couple kegs of Tru Blood, seeing as how they don't eat or drink. Bet there's even a vampire band and vampire wedding decorations. Our Arlene's party to shame.

Sookie goes.

Tara (to Sam): You know, you're about as subtle as a flying brick. Maryann says if you want something you don't wait for it to come, you demand it.

Sam: Do me a favor, don't quote Maryann to me.

Tara: Well, excuse me for giving a damn.

Sam: You heard from your cousin, by any chance? Because I'm about to give away his job.

Tara: But one time Lafayette went to Marthaville for the night. He ended up go-go in Palm Beach for like eight months.

Sam: Fantastic.

He leaves.

Tara: Okay.

Arlene and Terry are at the other side of the bar.

Terry: People disappear all the time, but they're never really gone. The good part of them always stay put.

Arlene: I hope you're right about that, Terry.

Terry: Your hair's like a sunset after a b*mb went off. Pretty.

Scene 18: At the church - Jason, Steve

Steve: And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. And even though we stand in darkness today, we shall not fear for God has given us the ultimate w*apon, the ultimate salvation: The sun. And he has placed in front of us a daunting but righteous task. We will not falter. We will not rest until we have brought God's holy light down on each and every bloodsucking abomination.

A man: Hallelujah, brother!

Jason: Hallelujah!

Steve: Amen.

Jason: Praise Jesus!

Steve: Amen.

Scene 19: Merlotte's - Tara, Andy, Sookie, Hoyt

Tara: Time to pack it up, Andy.

Andy: My family used to own this whole damn town, the land this rat hole stands on included.

Tara: You don't own this rat hole no more so I'm cutting you off.

Andy: Join the club. One minute you're a hero, next you can't get a f****** drink.

Tara: Well, I ain't never seen a bird fly so high it don't have to come down sometime.

Andy: What's that for?

Tara: It's your pity party. Only one you're getting from me, so suck it up.

Andy: Thanks.

Tara: Don't thank me. It's just easier for me not to hate you. Hating takes a lot of energy. I'm saving mine up for all the good s*** that's coming my way. Because I am a good person, and I deserve good s*** in my life.

Andy: Yeah, yeah, put it on a bumper sticker.

Sookie brings to Hoyt his Burger and fries.

Hoyt: Thank you, Sookie. Hey, where's Vampire Bill at tonight? Is he out celebrating at some sort of vampire party?

Sookie: Actually, we're celebrating together later.

Hoyt: Well, just tell him congratulations from me. I mean, I don't care what nobody says if I met a nice vampire girl, I'd be proud to have her on my arm.

Sookie: I'd love to see your mama's face if you brought her for dinner.

Hoyt: Yeah, me too. You know, yeah, I mean... well, does Bill know anybody my age? Seriously.

Scene 20: Bill's house - Bill, Eric, Jessica, Pam

Bill is playing piano when Jessica comes.

Jessica: Hi, Daddy.

Eric and Pam come in too.

Bill: What is this?

Eric: There are favors and there are favors.

Pam: She is extremely annoying.

Bill: You can't do this. We had a deal.

Eric: Well, now the terms have changed. She's yours. Unless you wanna give me Sookie. It's just a suggestion. Though a few nights with this one may change your mind.

Pam: Good luck.

Pam and Eric leave.

Jessica: So who's good to eat around here?

Scene 21: Merlotte's - Tara, Sookie, Andy, Sam

Tara (to Sookie): He ain't listening to me. Good luck.

Sookie: We're closing. Give me your keys.

Andy: I ain't giving you s***, Stackhouse.

Andy voice off: I'm a failure, a pathetic f****** loser and everybody knows it, just like she said. But she's real happy with herself.

Sookie: It don't ever make me happy to see someone in pain. I'm gonna call your sister to come pick you up... Detective Bellefleur.

Sam is in his office and he puts money in a garbage bag.

Tara, Andy and Sookie are outside.

Andy: Where's my car?

Tara: Andy, the only thing you're driving tonight is us crazy.

Sookie: Portia said she's on her way to pick you up. Give me your keys.

Andy: I don't have them. Left them in the car. Right here, underneath this light. Some son of a b**** stole my car.

Sookie: You sure this is where you parked it?

Andy: This whole town's gone to s***. Nobody used to murdering each other, stealing cars. That's what happens when you don't let a good cop do his job.

Tara: Ain't that it over there?

Andy: That ain't where I parked. What the hell?

He opens one of his car's doors. A black foot with red fingernail comes out.

Andy: That ain't mine, I swear.

Sookie and Tara scream.