02x05 - Never Let Me Go

Episode transcripts of the TV show, "True Blood". Aired: September 2008 to August 2014.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse encounters a strange new supernatural world when she meets the mysterious Bill, a southern Louisiana gentleman and vampire.

02x05 - Never Let Me Go

Post by bunniefuu »

Scene 1: Maryann's party - Sam, Daphne, Terry, Arlene

Sam and Daphne are in the woods.

Sam: What did you say?

Daphne: OH, you heard me. Come on. Keep up, slowpoke.

Sam: Well, hey, I don't know what you're talking about.

Daphne: You're so lonesome, Sam. I saw it in your eyes last night at the lake.

Sam: What? It was dark, you did not.

Daphne: Did too. You're carrying that secret like a 2-ton sack of feed on your back. It doesn't have to be that way.

Sam: Secret. What secret?

Daphne: Fibber.

Sam: I ain't in the mood tonight, little girl. Daphne? Daphne?

Daphne has disappeared. Sam sees a doe.

Sam: Weel, hey.

The animal becomes Daphne; she's a shape shifter.

Daphne: Hey, your own self.

Credit

Sam: Jesus Christ! Jesus Christ, you... you... you... you're...

Daphne: Shape shifter, and proud of it.

Sam: How'd you...? How did you find out about me?

Daphne: Last night in the woods? I watched a dog jump in the water and it came up you. Isn't this great?

Sam: Yeah. Yeah, it's... it's pretty great.

Daphne: You're not alone anymore.

They kiss. Arlene and Terry arrive.

Daphne: Oh, crap. Hand me my drawers.

Sam: Hey, Terry. Arlene.

Terry: Hey, Sam.

Arlene: Daphne.

Daphne: Hey.

Terry: Good party.

Sam: Yup.

Daphne: Um, later, darling. Mwah.

Sam: Oh, wait...wait.

Ashley leaves, running.

Arlene: It's in the air, I guess.

Sam: Yeah, looks like it.

Terry: See you at work.

Sam: Right.

Terry: Come on, special lady.

Terry and Arlene leave.

Sam: Daphne?

Scene 2: Carmilla's hotel - Barry, Sookie

Sookie: Wait!

Barry (voice off): Oh, s***, she's following me. Oh, s***, oh, s***. What the f*** are you? Go away, just don't hurt me.

Sookie: I am the last person you should be afraid of. And I'm so pleased to make your acquaintance. Sookie Stackhouse.

Barry: Gotta go.

Sookie: We have to talk about this.

Barry: No, we don't. (A man walks in front of them) Have a good evening, sir.

Sookie: Well, excuse you.

Barry: Don't do that.

Sookie: He didn't hear. He's glamoured, can't you tell? Listen. His mind's full of fog and disco music. By the way, they can't glamour me. Can they glamour you?

Barry: No, but I fake it.

Sookie voice off: You ever hear any vampire thoughts?

Barry: God, no. don't even say that out loud.

Sookie: Uh, I didn't.

Barry: Listen, I don't know what little fried corn-on-the-cob town you're from, or what candy-ass vampires you're with, but this is Dallas, baby.

Sookie: You watch your tone of voice. And don't you call me "baby".

Barry: Dallas vamps are serious and scary as s***.

Sookie: Mine are too, thank you very much. I had to learn pretty quick how to handle myself around them.

Barry: If they knew what we could do, they'd suck us dry.

Sookie: They'd do worse than that. You think I don't know? That's why we need to swap stories. We can help each other.

Barry: I don't want any help. Just forget about it. You can't tell anybody about me, please.

Barry leaves.

Scene 3: Bill's hotel room - Bill, Jessica, Sookie, Hoyt, Maxine

Bill: Jessica, we discussed this.

Jessica: All I did was order him off the menu. You didn't say not to order off the menu.

Bill: I would no more allow you to feed on that young man than to watch the p*rn on television.

Sookie comes in the room.

Jessica: p*rn?

Bill: Jessica...

Jessica: Hey, Sookie, there's dirty movies on TV.

Sookie: I know. Yuck.

Bill (to Jessica): To your room, please. Tru Blood.

Jessica: You are going to be sorry when I get an eating disorder. Private! Keep out!

Jessica goes in her room.

Bill: Sookie, where have you been?

Sookie: I was asking the bellboy, if there's a candy machine, what's a continental breakfast...?

Bill: You cannot wander off on your own. The situation is more complicated than we thought. We don't know nearly enough about the Dallas vampires.

Sookie: They can't touch me. I'm yours. Every single part of me. Completely and totally yours.

Bill: I don't think it matters to them, sweetheart.

Sookie: As long as it matters to you.

Bill: Sookie, Sookie, Sookie. Tell me you understand. Promise me you'll do as I say, not because I say it, but for your own sake.

Sookie: Bill, I've known since the airport that we're up to our necks in a big old vampire mess again. I don't want to get b*at up or dead, I'm not gonna do anything stupid. Is this room secure, do you think?

Bill: Yeah, I believe so. But...

Sookie: Then, honey, for a little while, let's not worry. We have something to be happy about.

Bill: I don't think so.

Sookie: Yes, we do. We're in a vampire hotel. It's light-tight. For the very first time, you don't have to leave me alone in bed at dawn.

Bill: I forgot about that.

Sookie: I didn't.

Bill: My only desire is to keep you safe.

Sookie: Your only desire?

Bill: Well... no.

They kiss.

Hoyt is in his room, reading. His cell phone rings.

Hoyt: Your'e talking to the man.

Jessica: Hoyt? Hoyt Fortenberry?

Hoyt: Yeah, who's this?

Jessica is on her bed.

Jessica: Jessica Hamby. Maybe you don't remember me.

Hoyt: Jessica. Oh, my Lord. I remember you, all right. I can't stop thinking about you.

Jessica: Really? I mean, really-really?

Hoyt: Really-really, and then some more.

Maxine enters in Hoyt's bedroom.

Maxine: Hoyt!

Hoyt: Can you hang on?

Maxine: Who the heck is calling you at this time of night? It's a girl, isn't it? I know it's a girl. Well, you tell her it's not decent or ladylike to... (Hoyt closes his door) How dare you lock the door on me in my own house?

Hoyt (to Jessica): So where were we?

Jessica: Well, you were telling me how you couldn't stop thinking about me, and, well, I can't stop thinking about you. And I'm all bored here in Dallas.

Hoyt: You want to watch TV together long-distance? Or I could tell you about my comic book.

Jessica: Well, we could do both. I mean, I would just love that.

Hoyt: Okay. So it's called Space Tomb. And this time they're on the planet Historion and Sea Leopard's just pitching a fit.

Scene 4: Lord of the Day Institute - Gabe, Jason, Sarah, Luke

Jason is sleeping in his room when enters.

Gabe: Get up! Get up! Get up! I said get up. Put on your sweats.

Jason: What's happening?

Gabe: Come on, let's haul your butt outside, you pansy fangbanger. Let's go!

Jason: God!

Gabe: My God, that's right. Rise and shine for God! Come on, let's go. Move, move, move!

They are all outside.

Gabe: Stand up straight. Make a line you can be proud of. Let's go. You're supposed to be leadership material. Mrs. Newlin?

Sarah: I know you're wondering what this is all about. Well, God needs your obedience, God needs your will and your faith. And in due time, all will be revealed to you.

Jason: Uh, could somebody reveal a bathroom? Because I really need one.

Sarah: Sorry, not till you've earned it.

Gabe: Jumping jacks, everyone. Let's go. Maximum effort. (To Jason) You too goof this, Stackhouse? I'm telling you right now, I want to see a change in your attitude. I want to see command presence. You don't want to do the Lord's work? You feel like walking away? Go ahead. You stay, you drop and give me 30. I said give me 30!

Luke laughs.

Gabe: I'll tell you when you can laugh, you puissant little sinner. Give me 50. Start pushing. Anyone else? That the best you ladies can do? You disgust me, all of you! Pitiful! I pray Jesus isn't watching this crap today.

Scene 5: Sookie's house - Tara, Eggs

Tara wakes up. Eggs is still sleeping. He wakes up too.

Eggs: Hey, come back.

Tara: I'm here. I'm right here with you. I was just thinking about Sookie's gran. She was like my mom. Such a good person. Truly good, through and through.

Eggs: What would she think of me?

Tara: Oh, she'd like you. She did appreciate a handsome man.

Eggs: Well, I wish I could've met her.

Tara: Me too. She made this house the one place in the world I felt safe. And now I'm gonna live here.

Eggs: Happy day after your birthday.

Tara: It was the only good one I ever had, because of you.

Eggs: The first of many, Tara Mae.

Scene 6: Hotel Carmilla - Sookie, Bill, Barry, a woman

Sookie wakes up. Bill is still sleeping. She goes downstairs.

Sookie: This is the continental breakfast?

Barry: What's wrong with it?

Sookie: I just thought it would be more... continental.

Barry: Well, the danishes are Danish. And they're free.

Sookie: Free? I didn't know that. Would it be all right if i...?

Barry: Yeah, whatever.

Sookie: Now, Barry, let's get to it.

Barry: Why won't you just leave me alone?

Sookie: Because I've never met another telepath, have you?

Barry: No. And don't say that word.

Sookie: It's what you are. Nobody else knows what it's like to be us. We need to stick together. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Barry: Yes, it is. My life is s***. I can't do anything normal people do. If I'm not around a bunch of vampires, I can't hardly think.

Sookie: I used to feel exactly the same. Like I had a disability.

Barry: More like a curse.

Sookie: But lately, since I met my boyfriend, it seems like telepathy can come in handy sometimes. You can even make a little money. I'm starting to see it in a whole new way.

Barry: Then you're even crazier than I am.

Woman voice off: Ow, Brazilian wax. Feels like that b**** ripped out my female organs. Get a vamp to pay for laser. Somebody bite me.

Sookie voice off: Concentrate. Shut her out. Concentrate so hard your hair hurts, till everything goes quiet. Concentrate...

Barry: Quit!

Woman: Do you know if Hotel Carmilla's hiring? There wasn't anybody at the desk.

Barry: No, ma'am, we're fully staffed, but you can fill out an application we'll keep it on file. Come with me.

Sookie: You can control it.

Barry: I wish it was true.

Sookie: Barry, it is. I can teach you how.

Barry: There's enough people in my brain already. You're on your own. (to the woman) Right this way.

She goes back to her room.

Bill: I dreamed you were gone.

Sookie: You did? That's funny, because I was.

Bill: Sookie...

Sookie: It was only for a few minutes. I had to. Bill, it's the most amazing thing. I met another telepath. He's not very nice and he's not very good at it. But, oh, it's wonderful knowing there's somebody besides me.

Bill: You made him aware of your gift after everything I've said?

Sookie: Not on purpose. We were in each other's heads before we knew it. I thought you'd be happy for me.

Bill: The more people know what you do, the harder it is for me to protect you.

Sookie: He can't even admit what he is to himself. He's not gonna do any talking about me.

Bill: You can't be sure.

Sookie: Yes, I can. I'm good at this. Look, if all I'm supposed to do in Dallas is shut up and take orders, I might as well be slinging beers at Merlotte's. You're the one who told me I was more than a waitress.

Bill: You are. But...

Sookie: What?

Bill: Never mind.

Sookie: Talk to me. Lean on me. I've leaned on you plenty.

Bill: Well, here I am, responsible for you and Jessica, and yet no decisions are mine and it makes me feel...

Sookie: Like a human?

Bill: Like a waitress.

Sookie: You're walking on my shoes and it's giving you blisters.

Bill: Eric is strangely intense about all this. It's not like him. I don't trust it.

Sookie: Don't you worry about Eric. We'll do the job and go home. A deal's a deal.

Bill: Sookie, you know what he's like. What's it take him to break a contract with a girl?

Sookie: A woman. He needs me. He won't want to make me mad.

Bill: I can't lose you.

Sookie: You never will.

Scene 7: Merlotte's - Arlene, Daphne, Terry, Sam, Lafayette

Daphne: Hope you're enjoying that Co-Cola, Arlene.

Arlene: Well, thank you, Daphne, I am. Because unlike you, I actually did my closing prep last night.

Daphne: I'd appreciate it if you gave me a hand, just for today.

Arlene: Then you'll never learn. Now, some people around here might let you slide on by, but I'm thinking about your future as a server.

Daphne: That's real generous.

Arlene: Don't forget to make the iced tea. (Terry arrives) Hey, good-looking.

Terry: Hey... you.

Daphne: Terry, could you make the iced tea for me, please?

Terry: Uh...

Arlene: Don't you do it.

Daphne: Please?

Terry: Uh...

Arlene: You better not. (He leaves) See what you did.

Arlene runs after Terry.

Daphne: Mean old freckle-face redheaded witch.

Sam arrives.

Sam: Good morning, Daphne.

Daphne: Back at you, boss.

Sam: Hey, why'd you take off last night? I looked everywhere for you.

Daphne: I just went for a little run. You know, I always seem to need one after a shift.

Sam: Hey, me too.

Daphne: I reckon you had all you could handle for one night anyway.

Sam: I reckon you underestimate me.

Daphne: Guess we'll find out.

Sam: When?

Daphne: Soon.

Sam: Better be.

Daphne leaves.

Arlene: Lafayette! Oh! Terry, Lafayette's back!

Terry: Thank God, brother. Thank God.

Lafayette (to Sam): Can we talk?

Sam and Lafayette go in Sam's office.

Sam: Where the f*** have you been? Couldn't pick up a damn phone?

Lafayette: Sorry.

Sam: Well, sorry's not good enough. Not only did you leave us high and dry, but there are people here who give a s*** about you. We didn't know if you were alive or dead. Hey, ordinarily, uh, right about now, you'd be telling me to f*** off in some colorful and creative way. Well, you want to talk, do some talking.

Lafayette: Sam... all I want to know is, can I have my job back?

Sam: I ought to tell you to f*** off. All that pressure in the kitchen just about put Terry back in the VA hospital. Yeah, of course you can have your job back. The place ain't the same without you.

Lafayette: Thank you, Sam.

Sam: Hey, Lafayette. What happened to you?

Lafayette leaves.

Scene 8: The LODI - Jason, Gabe, Sarah, Luke

Gabe: It's midnight. You're out of a*mo. You got five hungry vampires snapping at your ass. What are you gonna do? What are you gonna do?

Soldiers: Run.

Gabe: Run fast.

A soldier falls down.

Jason: Whoa, whoa, get up. You gotta keep going. You have five hungry, snapping vampires.

Soldier: F*** it, I hate this, I just want to be a bank teller again.

Luke: That's fine, dude. Let the vampires chew you up. You're not good enough to lead for the Lord. That's how you do it, Stackhouse.

Jason: You better pace yourself.

Luke (running): This is my pace. Whoo!

Jason: A******.

Scene 9: Sookie's house - Maryann, Tara, Eggs

Tara: Are you still here? Or did you come back?

Maryann: Karl and I slept over. Don't you remember? Maybe not. You were having a very nice time.

Tara: Maybe not. What's all this?

Maryann: Oh, looks like we need a place to stay.

Tara: Stay today? Stay tonight?

Maryann: Uh... little while.

Tara: But you have your own home.

Maryann: That's not mine.

Tara: What?

Maryann: It belongs to one of my clients. He was out of the country, but he's back this morning. I'm sure I told you, no?

Tara: No. you... you didn't.

Maryann: Hm.

Tara: Look, I... I hate to tell you this, but this isn't gonna work.

Maryann: But I assumed... and we've all been so happy living together, that you'd want to have us close.

Tara: Maryann, I'm a guest here myself. I can't be having a houseful of people Sookie doesn't even know.

Maryann: She wouldn't mind. You explain how much we mean to you.

Tara: Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more grateful for everything you've done. But I don't feel right about this. You can't move in. I'm sorry.

Maryann: Oh. I see. Okay.

Maryann leaves. Tara goes in the saloon where Eggs is.

Tara: Did you know Maryann want us all to be roommates here?

Eggs: No, cool. I guess that other guy came back from Peru.

Tara: No, not cool. Not gonna happen. I just moved in.

Eggs: Okay, fine, we can go somewhere else, if that's how you feel.

Tara: That's all you got to say?

Eggs: Relax, it's no big deal.

Tara: What are you...? What are you, nomads? F****** Bedouins?

Eggs: We move around a little bit. Nothing wrong with that.

Tara: Nothing except I didn't know. You could've told me.

Eggs: Who cares? I mean, what matters is being with the people you love.

Tara: Well, other things matter too. Like knowing the truth about people you love. So while we're on the subject, what exactly is your thing with Maryann?

Eggs: Well, when I was ready to lay down and die, she lifted me up, same as she did you.

Tara: Now you follow her whenever she goes?

Eggs: I'm not her dog, if that's what you're trying to say. And why all of a sudden are you so paranoid about Maryann?

Tara: Because I'm trying not to be a fool.

Eggs: You know what this is really about? Your history's so f***** up, you have no clue what family is.

Tara: That's not fair. I do have a clue. Sort of. Kind of.

Eggs: Who gives a damn about a house? Maryann, Karl and me, we take care of each other. We took care of you. That's family, Tara.

He leaves.

Scene 10: LODI - Gabe, Luke, Jason, Sarah

Gabe: How are we gonna work on our defensive tactics if we can't even climb a fence? Let's go. Next, come on. Come on. (It's Luke's turn) Get up there, get up there. Let's go, come on. Come on. (Luke falls down) You should have paced yourself. If you're laying down, you better be dead. Stand up. Come on. Why do you embarrass me? Why do you straight-out embarrass me? What's your name, failure?

Jason: Luke. It's Luke.

Gabe: Well, Luke, your entire family has been ambushed by vampires, and they're bleeding to death on the other side of this fence.

Luke: No.

Gabe: Yeah. Yeah, they are. Your mama and daddy are drowning in buckets of their own blood calling your name. it's gonna be over in 30 seconds. Let's go. (Luke cries) Nice work, Luke. They're gone. Massacred. You'll never see them again and it's your own damn fault. Stay right there.

Luke: I tried.

Gabe to the soldiers: Now what are you gonna do? He's a big fat loser. He's brought shame on himself, shame on you and shame on his religion. What's a real leader gonna do?

Luke: Just get rid of me. Just leave me.

Gabe: Up to you.

Jason goes to help Luke.

Jason: Luke, look at me. Hey. It's only a damn fence. Come on. Come on. I got you, brother. It's not too late. You're gonna save your family.

Gabe: Now that's a freaking soldier of God. Good job.

Sarah: Good job, Jason.

Jason: Praise his light.

Sarah: Whoo! Whoo! Godd work!

Gabe: Next! Let's go, let's go.

Sarah: Come on, guys.
Scene 11: Godric's house - Eric, Bill, Isabel, Sookie, Stan

Stan: You should have told me Eric hired a f****** human, Isabel.

Sookie: Now, wait just a minute.

Bill: Respect her.

Sookie: Thank you.

Isabel: I couldn't tell you, Stan. You've been off on your own for days.

Eric: Are you certain Godric was abducted by the FotS?

Stan: Yes.

Isabel: No.

Stan: They're the only ones with the organization and manpower.

Isabel: But they're amateurs. It doesn't make any sense. This is Godric we're talking about, 2000 years old.

Stan: Old don't make you smart.

Isabel: Besides, there's no proof.

Sookie: If they've got him, I'll hear it. That's my job.

Stan: There's no reason to wait. We need to take these fanatics down. Full-out att*ck. Exterminate them like the vermin they are, leave no trace.

Isabel: Hum, vampire-hating church annihilated. Wonder who did it? F****** brilliant.

Bill: I doubt the King of Texas would approve the destruction of our international political agenda.

Stan: F*** that. The great revelation is the biggest mistake we ever made.

Isabel: Don't use Godric to make your own little power play.

Eric: You're completely incompetent! What's happened to Godric is that he surrounds himself with clowns.

Isabel: We invited you as a courtesy. This is not your territory. You have no voice here.

Stan: Yeah, sheriff. Why don't you run o back down to Louisiana. We don't need you or your puppets.

Eric: Oh, I'm not going anywhere.

Sookie: And I'm nobody's puppet.

Bill: What we need is a plan.

Stan: I have a plan.

Isabel: It's not a plan, it's a movie.

Stan: It's not a movie, it's a w*r.

Eric: Idiots.

Scene 12: The Newlin's - Sarah, Steve, Gabe, Jason.

Sarah and Steve are talking.

Steve: I'm in the middle of something...

Sarah: I know.

Steve: ... you can't come in here in front of my people.

Sarah: Well, I want to talk to you about it.

Steve: I've got to het them to respect me...

Sarah: Steve. Steve, we are supposed to be partners.

Steve: We are partners.

Sarah: Then why does Gabe always know more than I do?

Steve: I don't have time for this.

Sarah: You mean you don't have time for me.

Steve (to Gabe): this is very valuable information, Gabe. It's excellent work.

Sarah: I told both of you, I don't care for this. You're going too darn far.

Gabe: Thank you, Reverend Newlin. I'll, uh, put things in motion.

Steve: Thanks.

Gabe leaves.

Sarah: You don't listen to me at all anymore.

Steve: What?

Jason arrives.

Sarah: Jason!

Jason: Oh, uh, you wanted me?

Sarah: Yes! You were fantastic today. Steve, he was such a warrior.

Steve: So you said. I'm impressed. You're rising to the next level recruit.

Jason: I am? What's that?

Steve: Come take a little walk with me.

Sarah: I'll go too.

Steve: We got it, honey. I'm going to show you something that very few people have seen.

Steve and Jason are on the stairs.

Steve: Man to man? Sometimes I almost understand why some people believe in divorce.

Jason: But you got Sarah.

Steve: Yeah. I got her even when I don't want her. Oh, you know I'm just kidding. All right, you ready?

Jason: Yes, sir.

Steve (opening a door): Light of Day Institute Research and Development.

Jason: Holy sh... Holiness!

Steve: Yeah. We're not exactly sure yet of all the ways to take them out. At first we just focused on the g*ns, but then we thought, well, hey, what's a wooden arrow?

Jason: Well, it's an itty-bitty stake.

Steve: That's right, Jason. An itty-bitty stake to drive through a vampire's dead, rotten heart at 324 feet per second.

Jason: And that's all she wrote.

Steve: I got silver b*ll*ts, silver b*ll*ts with holy water, wooden b*ll*ts. We talked about those.

Jason: Yes, sir.

Steve: A flamethrower.

Jason: Whoa, man!

Steve: Silver throwing stars.

Jason: Now, that I wouldn't have thought of. Ho-wah!

Steve: Decapitation might work, so we got a guillotine on order, just in case.

Jason: What...?

Steve: Oh, that's, uh... machine like a giant razor. Cuts the heads right off.

Jason: Yeah, I bet that'd do it, all right.

Steve: There's one good thing about having these hell beasts among us, we'll find better ways to k*ll the... Amen.

Jason: Amen.

Scene 13: Merlotte's - Maryann, Karl, Arlene

Maryann and Karl are in the car, in the parking. They stop in front of the Merlotte's.

Maryann: Keep it running. We're not going in.

In the restaurant:

Arlene: You wanna give me your order, please?

Client: We already gave our orders to that other girl, twice.

Arlene: Sorry, she sucks.

Client 2: And what's wrong with that fool bartender? Where's our beers?

Arlene: Tara!

Client: You don't need any beers. Your butt's as big as a barn.

Client 2: Well, you look like you're pregnant.

Sam: Nice of you to show up for work tonight.

Tara: I said I was sorry.

Arlene: I would have got fired. Lucky you slept with the boss.

Tara: Arlene!

Sam: Tara, step up your game. We're way behind. Arlene, don't make me fire you for talking trash.

Terry: You be nice to her, Sam. It's Tara's fault, anyway.

Tara: What's my fault?

Terry: Sleeping where you eat.

Tara: Jesus Christ, Terry, what'd I ever do to you?

Arlene: You leave him alone and give me my beers!

Tara: You know what? Here they are. F*** you very much.

Arlene: F*** you too.

Daphne: Okay, I'm gonna go just get my... Oh! Son of a...

Arlene: Go, Daphne.

Daphne: ... b****! Oh, congratulations, Arlene. You're Merlotte's Best Waitress for life. Quite frankly, I aim a little higher.

Arlene: Well, aim the plates for the tables, that's all I ask.

Daphne: I hope I'm nicer to the people when I'm your age. Tara, how freaking long do I have to wait for my 7 and 7, diet and rum, two scotches and a screwdriver?

Tara: You never gave me that order.

Daphne: Yes, I did. You just weren't paying attention.

Tara: No, you weren't and yes, I was.

Lafayette: Cos, what's the holdup on my tequila?

Tara: You never asked me for a tequil...

Daphne: You know I think Tara's on dr*gs.

Sam: Tara, you high?

Tara: Okay, I wish I was, that way everybody's dogging me.

Sam: Tara.

Daphne: Tara.

Terry: Tara.

Arlene: Tara.

Tara: F*** all y'all!

Maryann: We're done.

Scene 14: In the bathroom - Jason, Sarah.

Jason is taking a bath when someone comes in.

Jason: Get on outta here. Bathtub's occupied.

Sarah: I know.

Jason: Sarah? Did I stay too long? Do you want me to leave?

Sarah: Please don't. I'll help you. Mary Magdalene washed the feet of Jesus and dried them with her hair. Isn't that lovely?

Jason: Yeah... but wasn't she, like... a hooker?

Sarah: She was not. Everybody thinks so, but that's not in the Bible. She admired Jesus, she loved him, and she wanted to show him.

Jason: No.

Sarah: You don't mean it.

Jason: No, I don't, but I ought to.

Sarah: Do you know what I think? I think that after all your trials, heartache and pain, God wants you to have a reward.

Jason: Are you sure?

Sarah: Let me reward you, Jason. Let me help you find your way back to joy.

Jason: Oh.

Scene 15: Godric's - Stan, Isabel, Bill, Sookie, Eric

Stan: We take them all out at once. Pre-empty strike.

Isabel: Of course, so the federal government can bombs us back to the Middle Ages.

Stan: Things were better then.

Isabel: Then go to Romania and live on a cave, you ranchero poser.

Eric: Godric has protected you, made you rich, and you stand here spitting and scratching like infants.

Bill: Don't any of you care that there's a traitor in your midst?

Stan: No.

Isabel: Impossible.

Sookie: Somebody tried to kidnap me from the airport.

Bill: You were the only ones that knew she was coming.

Eric: Explain.

Stan: Unless it was you...

Isabel: Unless it was you.

Sookie: Look,, if y'all argue any more, I'll either fall asleep or start screaming, so this is what we're gonna do: I will infiltrate the Fellowship of the Sun.

Bill: Absolutely not.

Eric: Let her speak.

Sookie: Since Bill glamoured the kidnapper, no one knows who I am. I'll pretend to join the church, and check out their thoughts.

Bill: No. During the day, none of us can help you.

Sookie: It'll only take a little while. Really, Bill. It's simple.

Stan: Waste of time, when we could drink them all. I want no part of this.

He leaves.

Isabel: There's no easier way to find out if they're involved.

Eric: If it leads us to Godric, we'll do it. The decision is made.

Bill: A few words.

Eric and Bill go in a corner.

Isabel: So tell me, how goes your human-vampire relationship?

Bill: You knew it would come to this. She was just clawed and poisoned by a creature we don't know and we can't find, and now, in Dallas, you're playing with her life.

Eric: It's no game to me.

Bill: All this for a colleague? For the Sheriff of Area Nine? Why?

Flash back Eric:

Eric (to the soldiers): Go on. I'm' finished. Go on.

Soldier one: No.

Soldier two: Eric... you saved our lives a hundred times. We won't leave you to be eaten by wolves.

Soldier one: We'll wait for the end by your side. We'll give you a hero's farewell. The gods wait for you in Valhalla.

Soldier two: There will be a party with meat... and gold... and beer.

Soldier one: And women? Will there be women?

Eric: Wherever I am... there will always be women.

They take him to another place.

Soldier two: All will be well. Don't be afraid.

Eric: I'm not afraid. I'm pissed off.

Soldier one: Who's there? Show yourself!

Someone kills the two soldiers.

Eric: Are you death?

Godric: I am.

Eric: But you're just a little boy.

Godric: I'm not.

Eric: My men...

Godric: Dead.

Eric: You swine.

Godric: I watched you on the b*ttlefield last night. I never saw anyone fight like you.

Eric: I would fight you now if I could.

Godric: I know. It's beautiful.

Eric: What are you waiting for? k*ll me.

Godric: Could you be a companion of Death? Could you walk with me through the world... through the dark? I'll teach you all I know. I'll be your father, your brother, your child.

Eric: What's in it for me?

Godric: What you live most: Life.

Eric: Life.

Godric bites Eric.

End flash back.

Eric: Godric is my maker.

Scene 16: Merlotte's - Sam, Daphne

Sam: Thanks for helping me close.

Daphne: Oh, yeah. I broke a lotta things today, it's the least I can do.

Sam: I'm sure you'll make it up to me.

Daphne: I'm sure I will. Mm, nice, you run a little hot.

Sam: Yeah. Everybody else is 98.6 but I'm always around 100, 101.

Daphne: Me too. It's a shifter thing.

Sam: Yeah? I never knew.

Daphne: I can't believe I'm the first one you've ever met. I mean, we're not common, but we are out there.

Sam: Ran into a few werewolves... but nobody like us.

Daphne: What's it feel like when you change?

Sam: Like sparks running all over my skin. Used to scare the sh*t out of me.

Daphne: Uh-huh, me too. But now it just feels awesome.

Sam: Yeah, and there's... there's sort of a build. Like, a pressure.

Daphne: Where does it start? Here? Maybe...? Maybe here? Probably here, because that... that's where it hits me.

Sam: Yeah, that's it. Right about there. And sparks start flying inside too.

Daphne: And you feel all lit up like a broke power cable.

Sam: Or a Christmas tree.

Daphne: And then things just explode.

Sam: Well, are you gonna say or should i?

Daphne: Say what?

Sam: Nice rack.

Daphne: Nice balls.

They begin to make love.

Scene 17: Hotel Carmilla - Sookie, Bill, Receptionist

Sookie: I have to ask a question. Human stuff.

Bill: I'll wait for you at the elevator.

Sookie: Excuse me, is Barry the bellboy working tonight?

Receptionist: No, I'm sorry, Barry quit today.

Sookie: What? Oh, sh**t. Thanks.

Scene 18: Sookie's house - Tara, Maryann, Eggs

Maryann is in the kitchen and Tara arrives.

Tara: Are you waiting up for me?

Maryann: I guess I am. Rough night?

Tara: Really rough.

Maryann: We looked at houses today. We didn't find anything, but don't worry, we'll be out by morning. I filled the fridge with your favorite things and I made you dinner.

Tara: Don't go. I'll call Sookie. I want you to stay. You're so good to me.

Maryann: You know why I'm good to you? Because you need it so much. And because it makes you bloom like a flower.

Eggs is in the bedroom, Tara arrives.

Tara: Look at you. The King of Sheba.

Eggs: Hey, baby.

Scene 19: Hotel Carmilla - Sookie, Bill

Sookie and Bill are in the bed.

Bill: You saw them in the lair tonight. Despicable. Vicious, petty, vile creatures.

Sookie: You're different. You're not like them. Bill you're not. You have a heart, whether it beats or not. You can love. There wasn't one other vampire there that could say the same.

Bill: Let's slip away back to Bon Temps right now. Let them devour each other and leave us alone.

Sookie: You know we can't do that. Stan's as nutty as a fruitcake and I gave my word to Eric.

Bill: If anything happens to you in that church...

Sookie: Don't say it. Don't even think it. I'll be in and out, easy-peasy. Oh, Bill.

Bill: It's been a long night. Don't feel like you have to...

Sookie: Quit talking crazy.

Bill: I just meant I would be satisfied to simply hold you.

Sookie: Well, I would not be satisfied. Not one bit.

Bill: Then what do you want, Sookie? Say it.

Sookie: I want you. Every which way. I just... want you.

They begin to make love.

A woman is walking through their room.

Sookie: Oh, Bill.

The woman is a vampire.