03x10 - Blink

Episode transcripts for the 2005 TV show "Doctor Who". (Ninth to Twelfth Doctor)*

Moderator: Kitty Midnight

Time and Space traveling adventures of a Gallifreyan Time Lord only known as "the Doctor" and his companions.

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise  Collectibles

Classic Who   Specials  

03x10 - Blink

Post by bunniefuu »

EXT. A PRIVATE PROPERTY

At night, a woman jumps a fence leading onto a private property and looks around so as to see if she was caught. The camera pulls back to show a sign on the fence that reads "Danger keep out".

INT. THE PRIVATE PROPERTY

After kicking in some boards and getting into the house, the woman begins to look around the main floor with a torch, taking the occasional picture. She notices a place on the wall where the paper has begun peeling and reaches up to tear it back, first finding the word "Beware". Pulling back more, "The Weeping angel" is revealed and, as she pulls back even more, "Oh, and duck! Really duck! ". She pulls back even more, starting at the sight of her name on the wall, "Sally Sparrow". Pulling back what seems to be the last strip, it says, "Duck, now".

As she hears glass break, she ducks and a large stone hits the wall where her head was. She looks at the stone with disbelief and turns to the window, using her torch in an attempt to find the culprit, seeing only a Weeping Angel statue. She moves toward the window, but returns to the was and removes the last strip of paper. "Love from the Doctor (1969)".

OPENING CREDITS

INT. KATHY'S NIGHTINGALE FLAT

Climbing a flight of stairs, Sally calls out.

SALLY: Kathy?

In a room visible down the corridor, the Doctor can be seen on a monitor.

DOCTOR (on monitor): Your life could depend on this. Don't blink! Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Sally approaches the monitors as he speaks, the video stopping as she steps into the doorway. The looks around to see various screens with the Doctor and Martha on them. A mobile rings as a woman sleeps, waking her. She answers it.

KATHY: Hello?

SALLY: Bit freaked. Need to talk. Making you a coffee.

KATHY: Sally Sparrow, it's one in the morning. You think I'm coming round at one in the morning?

SALLY: No. I'm in the kitchen. What's that on all those screens in your front room?

KATHY: Oh, God! Oh, God! Sally, you've met my brother Larry, haven't you?

SALLY: No.

KATHY: You're about to.

LARRY: Okay. Not sure, but really, really hoping. (points down) Pants?

KATHY: Put them on! Put them on! I hate you! What're you thinking?! Sorry. My useless brother. Sally? What's wrong? What's happened?

IN THE PRIVATE PROPERTY

KATHY: Okay! Let's investigate! You and me, girl investigators. Love it! Hey! Sparrow and Nightingale! That so works!

SALLY: Bit ITV.

KATHY: I know! What did you come here for, anyway?

SALLY: I love old things. They make me feel sad.

KATHY: What's good about sad?

SALLY: It's happy for deep people.

Sally and Kathy stand outside, looking at the weeping Angel statue.

SALLY: The Weeping Angel.

KATHY: Not goin' in my garden.

SALLY: It's moved.

KATHY: It's what?

SALLY: Since yesterday. I'm sure of it. It's closer. It's got closer to the house.

Sally walks along the wall where she tore the paper off.

SALLY: How can my name be written here? How is that possible?

The doorbell rings.

KATHY: Who'd come here? What are you doing?! It could be a burglar!

SALLY: A burglar who rings the doorbell?

KATHY: Okay. I'll stay here in case of...

SALLY: In case of...?

KATHY: ... incidents?

Sally answers the door to find a man, Malcolm.

MALCOLM: I'm looking for Sally Sparrow.

SALLY: How did you know I'd be here?

MALCOLM: I was told to bring this letter on this date at this exact time to Sally Sparrow.

SALLY: Looks old.

MALCOLM: It is old. I'm sorry, do you have anything with a photograph on it, like a driving licence?

Kathy walks around to the quiet sound of Sally and Malcolm in the background. She looks at the Weeping Angel, eyes still covering its face, but when she turns away its hands have moved lower, over its mouth.

SALLY: How did he know I was coming here? I didn't tell anyone. How could anyone have known?

MALCOLM: It's all a bit complicated. I'm not sure I understand it myself. I'm sorry, I feel really stupid, but I was told to make absolutely sure. It's so hard to tell with these little photographs, isn't it?

SALLY: Apparently.

Kathy watches them through a mirror as the Weeping Angel moves more.

MALCOLM: Well, here goes, I suppose. Funny feeling, after all these years.

SALLY: Who's it from?

MALCOLM: Well, that's a long story, actually.

SALLY: Gimme a name.

The Weeping Angel is just behind Kathy, reaching out a hand to Kathy.

MALCOLM: Katherine Wainwright. But she specified I should tell you that prior to marriage she was called Kathy Nightingale.

A loud noise sounds from where Kathy was.

SALLY: Kathy?

MALCOLM: Kathy, yes. Katherine Costello Nightingale.

SALLY: Is this a joke?

MALCOLM: A joke?!

SALLY: Kathy, is this you?

Sally starts walking around, looking for Kathy.

SALLY: Very funny. Kathy?

Kathy stands up in the middle of a field to the sound of mooing cattle and several of the animals in the background.

SALLY: Kathy?! Kathy!?

MALCOLM: Please, you need to take this. I promised.

EXT. COUNTRYSIDE 1920

Kathy approaches a man.

KATHY: Excuse me? Where am I? I was in London. I was in the middle of London.

BEN: You're in Hull.

KATHY: No, I'm not.

BEN: This is Hull.

KATHY: No, it isn't.

BEN: You're in Hull.

KATHY: I'm not in Hull. Stop saying Hull.

INT. PRIVATE PROPERTY

SALLY: Who are you? Why are you here?

MALCOLM: I made a promise.

SALLY: Who to?

MALCOLM: My grandmother. Katherine Costello Nightingale.

EXT. COUNTRYSIDE 1920

BEN: Don't have that in London. There's no call for it. It's all Hull.

Ben passes Kathy his paper, clearly dated as 5th December, 1920.

KATHY: 1920?

INT. PRIVATE PROPERTY

SALLY: Your grandmother?

MALCOLM: Yes. She d*ed twenty years ago.

Sally takes the parcel he's offered her and opens it, looking through the pictures of Kathy.

SALLY: So they're related?

MALCOLM: I'm sorry?

SALLY: My Kathy, your grandmother, they're practically identical.

EXT. COUNTRYSIDE

BEN: Where are you going?

INT. PRIVATE PROPERTY

KATHY (letter): "My dearest Sally Sparrow, if my grandson has done as he promises he will, then as you read these words it has been mere minutes since we last spoke. For you. For me, it has been over 60 years. The third of the photographs is of my children. The youngest is Sally. I named her after you, of course."

SALLY: This is sick! This is totally sick! Kathy? Kathy! Kathy?

Sally runs up the stairs as she yells, slowing at the top. Several Weeping Angel statues are arranged in the area. There's the sound of wings and she turns to see another statue. One of the Weeping Angels is holding a key on a thin rope of twine and as Sally crouches to look, the angel behind her moves it's hands. The door of the house closes.

SALLY: No, wait! Hang on!

Sally runs off, the Weeping angel that was holding the key now holding it's arm outstretched. Malcolm makes his way from the house hastily. Sally reaches the bottom of the stairs and picks up Kathy's letter. She runs out of the house, looking both ways for Malcolm before walking away, the camera lingering on the Weeping Angels that watch her from the windows. Later, Sally sits in a cafe, reading the letter.

INT CAFE

KATHY (letter): I suppose, unless I live to a really exceptional old age, I will be long gone as you read this. Don't feel sorry for me. I have led a good and full life. I've loved a good man and been well loved in return. You would have liked Ben. He was the very first person I met in 1920.

EXT. COUNTRYSIDE

KATHY: Are you following me?

BEN: Yeah.

KATHY: Are you gonna stop following me?

BEN: No, I don't think so.

EXT. CEMETERY

Sally walks through a cemetery, crouching at Kathy's gravestone.

KATHY (letter): To take one breath in 2007 and the next in 1920 is a strange way to start a new life, but a new life is exactly what I've always wanted.

SALLY: 1902? You told him you were eighteen? You lying cow!

A statue watches her leave the cemetery.

KATHY (letter): My mum and dad are gone by your time, so really there's only Lawrence to tell. He works at the DVD store on Queen Street. I don't know what you're going to say to him, but I know you'll think of something. Just tell him I love him.

DVD STORE

SALLY: Excuse me, I'm looking for Lawrence Nightingale.

BANTO: Through the back.

SALLY: Hello?

DOCTOR (on monitor): Martha!

MARTHA (on monitor): Sorry.

DOCTOR: Quite possibly. 'Fraid so.

LARRY: Oh. Hello. Can I help you?

SALLY: Hi.

DOCTOR: 38.

LARRY: Er, just a mo. (pauses the monitor) Hang on. We've met, haven't we?

SALLY: It'll come to you.

LARRY: Oh, my God!

SALLY: There it is.

LARRY: Sorry. Sorry again about the whole...

SALLY: Message from your sister.

LARRY: Oh! Okay! What? What is it? What's the message?

SALLY: She's had to go away for a bit.

LARRY: Where?

SALLY: Just a work thing. Nothing to worry about.

LARRY: Okay.

SALLY: And...

LARRY: And what?

SALLY: She loves you.

LARRY: She what?!

SALLY: She said to say. She just sort of mentioned it. She loves you. There, that's nice, isn't it?

LARRY: Is she ill?

SALLY: No! No.

LARRY: Am I ill?

SALLY: No!

LARRY: Is this a trick?

SALLY: No. She loves you.

DOCTOR: Yeh... yeah. People don't understand time. It's not what you think it is.

SALLY: Who is this guy?

LARRY: Sorry, the pause thing keeps slipping. Stupid thing.

SALLY: Last night at Kathy's, you had him on those screens. That same guy. Talking about, I dunno, blinking or something.

LARRY: Yeah, the bit about the blinking is great! I was checking to see if they were all the same.

SALLY: What were the same? What is this? Who is he?

LARRY: An Easter egg.

SALLY: Excuse me?

LARRY: Like a DVD extra, yeah? You know how on DVDs they put extras on, documentaries and stuff? Well, ometimes they put on hidden ones, and they call them Easter eggs. You have to look for them, follow a bunch of clues in the menu screen.

DOCTOR: Complicated.

LARRY: Sorry. It's interesting, actually. He is on seventeen different DVDs. There are seventeen totally unrelated DVDs, all with him on, always hidden away, always a secret. Not even the publishers know how he got there. I've talked to the manufacturers, right? They don't even know. He's like... he's a ghost DVD extra. Just shows up where he's not supposed to be. But only on those. Those seventeen.

SALLY: Well, what does he do?

LARRY: Just sits there making random remarks. It's like we're hearing half a conversation. Me and the guys are always trying to work out the other half.

SALLY: When you say you and the guys, you mean the internet, don't you?

LARRY: How d'you know?

SALLY: Spooky, isn't it?

DOCTOR: Very complicated.

BANTO: Lawrence? Need you!

LARRY: 'Scuse me a sec.

DOCTOR: People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

SALLY: Started well, that sentence.

DOCTOR: It got away from me, yeah.

SALLY: Okay, that was weird. Like you can hear me.

DOCTOR: Well, I can hear you.

SALLY: Okay, that's enough. I've had enough now. I've had a long day and I've had bloody enough! Sorry. Bad day.

LARRY: Got you the list.

SALLY: What?

LARRY: The seventeen DVDs. I thought you might be interested.

SALLY: Yeah, great, thanks!

BANTO (looking TV): Go to the police, you stupid woman! Why does nobody ever just go to the police?

SALLY: Look, I know how mad I'm sounding.

INT. POLICE STATION

DESK SARGEANT: Shall we try it from the beginning this time?

SALLY: Okay. There's this house, a big old house, been empty for years, falling apart. Wester Drumlins, out by the estate. You've probably seen it.

DESK SARGEANT: Wester Drumlin?

SALLY: Yes.

DESK SARGEANT: Could you just wait here for a minute?

Sally looks out the window to see two Weeping Angels. She blinks and they are gone.

SALLY: Okay, cracking up now.

BILLY SHIPTON: Hi. DI Billy Shipton. Wester Drumlins, that's mine. Can't talk to you now, got a thing I can't be late for, so if you could just... Hello!

SALLY: Hello.

BILLY: Eh, Marcie, can you tell them I'm gonna be late for that thing?

SALLY: All of them?

BILLY: Over the last two years, yeah. They all still have personal items in them and a couple still had the motor running.

SALLY: So over the last two years the owners of all of these vehicles have driven up to Wester Drumlins House, parked outside and just disappeared.

Sally sees the TARDIS.

SALLY: What's that?

BILLY: Ah! The pride of the Wester Drumlins collection. We found that there, too. Somebody's idea of a joke, I suppose.

SALLY: But what is it? What's a police box?

BILLY: Well, it's a special kind of phone box for policemen. They used to have them all over. But this isn't a real one. The phone's just a dummy, and the windows are the wrong size. We can't even get in it. Ordinary Yale lock, but nothing fits. But that's not the big question. See, you're missing the big question.

SALLY: Okay, what's the big question?

BILLY: Will you have a drink with me?

SALLY: I'm sorry?

BILLY: Drink, you, me, now?

SALLY: Aren't you on duty, Detective Inspector Shipton?

BILLY: Nope. Knocked off before I left. Told 'em I had a family crisis.

SALLY: Why?

BILLY: Because life is short and you are hot. Drink?

BILLY: Ever?

SALLY: Maybe.

BILLY: Phone number?

SALLY: Moving kind of fast, DI Shipton.

BILLY: Billy. I'm off duty.

SALLY: Aren't you just!

BILLY: Is that your phone number?

SALLY: Just my phone number. Not a promise. Not a guarantee. Not an IOU. Just a phone number.

BILLY: And that's Sally...?

SALLY: Sally Shipton. Sparrow! Sally Sparrow. I'm going now. Don't look at me.

BILLY: I'll phone you!

SALLY: Don't look at me.

BILLY: Phone you tomorrow.

SALLY: Don't look at me.

BILLY: Might even phone you tonight.

SALLY: Don't look at me!

BILLY: Definitely gonna phone you, gorgeous girl!

SALLY: You definitely better!

Billy looks over to see the Weeping Angels around the TARDIS. He walks around to investigate it and blinks. Sally leaves the building, looking around. She hurries across the street and pulls the key that she took from the Weeping Angel out of her pocket.

BILLY: Ordinary Yale lock, but nothing fits.

Sally hurries back in to find Billy and the TARDIS gone. Billy hits back against a wall, falling to the ground.
EXT. PAST 1969

DOCTOR: Welcome.

BILLY: Where am I?

The Doctor and Martha approach, the Doctor holding a device that clicks and beeps.

DOCTOR: 1969. Not bad,as it goes. You've got the moon landing to look forward to.

MARTHA: Oh, the moon landing's brilliant. We went four times. Back when we had transport...

DOCTOR: Working on it!

BILLY: How did I get here?

DOCTOR: The same way we did. The touch of an angel. Same one, probably, since you ended up in the same year. No no no no no, don't get up. Time travel without a capsule, nasty. Catch your breath, don't go swimming for half an hour.

BILLY: I don't. I can't.

DOCTOR: Fascinating race, the Weeping Angels. The only psychopaths in the universe to k*ll you nicely. No mess, no fuss, they just zap you into the past and let you live to death. The rest of your life used up and blown away in the blink of an eye. You die in the past, and in the present they consume the energy of all the days you might have had, all your stolen moments. They're creatures of the abstract. They live off potential energy.

BILLY: What in God's name are you talking about?

MARTHA: Trust me. Just nod when he stops for breath.

DOCTOR: Tracked you down with this. This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff. Also, it can boil an egg at 30 paces, whether you want it to or not, actually, so I've learned to stay away from hens. It's not pretty when they blow.

BILLY: I don't understand. Where am I?

MARTHA: 1969, like he says.

DOCTOR: Normally, I'd offer you a lift home, but somebody nicked my motor. So I need you to take a message to Sally Sparrow. And I'm sorry, Billy, I am very, very sorry. It's gonna take you a while.

PRESENT

Sally's mobile rings.

SALLY: Hello? Billy, where are you? Where?

Sally walks in hospital.

INT. HOSPITAL, BILLY'S ROOM

SALLY: Billy?

Sally turns away. Billy wakes up. He is a old man.

BILLY: It was raining when we met.

SALLY: It's the same rain.

A bit later, Sally is looking a picture of Billy and a woman on their wedding day.

SALLY: She looks nice.

BILLY: Her name was Sally, too.

SALLY: Sally Shipton.

BILLY: Sally Shipton! I often thought about looking for you before tonight, but apparently it would've torn a hole in the fabric of space and time and destroyed two thirds of the universe. Also I'd lost my hair.

SALLY: Two thirds of the universe. Where'd you get that?

BILLY: There's a man in 1969. He sent me with a message for you.

SALLY: What man?

BILLY: The Doctor.

SALLY: And what was the message?

BILLY: Just this: Look at the list.

SALLY: What does that mean? Is that it, look at the list?

BILLY: He said you'd have it by now. A list of seventeen DVDs. I didn't stay a policeman back then. Got into publishing. Then video publishing. Then DVDs, of course.

SALLY: You put the Easter Egg on?

BILLY: Have you noticed what all seventeen DVDs have in common yet? I suppose it's hard for you, in a way.

SALLY: How could the Doctor have even known I had a list? I only just got this.

BILLY: I asked him how, but he said he couldn't tell me. He said you'd understand it one day, but that I never would.

SALLY: Soon as I understand it, I'll come and tell you.

BILLY: No, gorgeous girl, you can't. There's only tonight. He told me all those years ago that we'd only meet again this one time. On the night I die.

SALLY: Oh, Billy.

BILLY: It's kept me going. I'm an old, sick man. But I've had something to look forward to. Ah, life is long. And you are hot. Oh, look at my hands. They're old man's hands. How did that happen?

SALLY: I'll stay. I'm going to stay with you. Okay?

BILLY: Thank you, Sally Sparrow. I have 'til the rain stops.

DVDs STORE

Phone rings.

LARRY: Banto's.

SALLY: They're mine.

LARRY: What?

SALLY: The DVDs on the list. The seventeen DVDs. What they've got in common is me. They're all the DVDs I own. The Easter Egg was intended for me!

LARRY: You've only got seventeen DVDs?

SALLY: Do you have a portable DVD player?

LARRY: Course, why?

SALLY: I want you to meet me.

LARRY: Where?

SALLY: Wester Drumlins.

LARRY: You live in Scooby Doo's house.

SALLY: For God's sake, I don't live here.

LARRY: Okay, this is the one with the clearest sound. Slightly better picture quality on this one, but I don't...

SALLY: Doesn't matter.

INT. PRIVATE PROPERTY

LARRY: Okay. There he is.

SALLY: The Doctor.

LARRY: Who's the Doctor?

SALLY: He's the Doctor.

DOCTOR (on monitor): Yep. That's me.

SALLY: Okay, that was scary.

LARRY: No, it sounds like he's replying, but he always says that.

DOCTOR: Yes, I do.

LARRY: And that.

DOCTOR: Yep, and this.

SALLY: He can hear us. Oh, my God, you can really hear us!

LARRY: Of course he can't hear us. Look! I've got a transcript, see, everything he says. "Yep, that's me". "Yes, I do". "Yep, and this". Next it's...

DOCTOR AND LARRY: Are you going to read out the whole thing?

LARRY: Sorry.

SALLY: Who are you?

DOCTOR: I'm a time traveller. Or I was. I'm stuck in 1969.

MARTHA (on monitor, moving into frame): We're stuck. All of space and time, he promised me. Now I've got a job in a shop, I've got to support him!

DOCTOR: Martha!

MARTHA (moving out of frame): Sorry.

SALLY: I've seen this bit before.

DOCTOR: Quite possibly.

SALLY: 1969, that's where you're talking from?

DOCTOR: 'Fraid so.

SALLY: But you're replying to me. You can't know exactly what I'm gonna say, 40 years before I say it!

DOCTOR: 38.

LARRY: I'm getting this down! I'm writing in your bits.

SALLY: How? How is this possible? Tell me!

LARRY: Not so fast.

DOCTOR: People don't understand time. It's not what you think it is.

SALLY: Then what is it?

DOCTOR: Complicated.

SALLY: Tell me.

DOCTOR: Very complicated.

SALLY: I'm clever and I'm listening. And don't patronise me because people have d*ed, and I'm not happy. Tell me.

DOCTOR: People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

SALLY: Yeah, I've seen this bit before. You said that sentence got away from you.

DOCTOR: It got away from me, yeah.

SALLY: Next thing you're going to say is, "Well, I can hear you".

DOCTOR: Well, I can hear you.

SALLY: This isn't possible.

LARRY: No. It's brilliant!

DOCTOR: Not hear you exactly, but I know everything you're going to say.

LARRY: Always gives me the shivers, that bit.

SALLY: How can you know what I'm going to say?

DOCTOR: Look to your left.

LARRY: What does he mean by, "Look to your left"? I've written tons about that on the forums. I think it's a political statement.

SALLY: He means you. What are you doing?

LARRY: I'm writing in your bits. So I've got a complete transcript of the whole conversation. Wait until this hits the net. This will explode the egg forums.

DOCTOR: I've got a copy of the finished transcript. It's on my Autocue.

SALLY: How can you have a copy of the finished transcript? It is still being written.

DOCTOR: I told you. I'm a time traveller. I got it in the future.

SALLY: Okay, let me get my head 'round this. You're reading from a transcript of a conversation you're still having? Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey. Actually, never mind that. (To Larry): You can do shorthand?

LARRY: So?

DOCTOR: What matters is we can communicate. We have got big problems now. They've taken the blue box, haven't they? The angels have the phone box.

LARRY: The angels have the phone box! That's my favourite, I've got it on a tee-shirt!

SALLY: What do you mean, angels? You mean those statue things?

DOCTOR: Creatures from another world.

SALLY: But they're just statues.

DOCTOR: Only when you see them.

SALLY: What does that mean?

DOCTOR: Lonely assassins, they were called. No-one knows where they came from. They're as old as the universe, or very nearly. They've survived this long as they have the most perfect defence system ever evolved. They are quantum-locked. They don't exist when being observed. The moment they're seen by any other living creature they freeze into rock. No choice. It's a fact of their biology. In the sight of any living thing, they literally turn to stone. And you can't k*ll a stone. Course, a stone can't k*ll you either. But then you turn your head away, then you blink, and oh, yes it can!

SALLY: Don't take your eyes off that.

DOCTOR: That's why they cover their eyes. They're not weeping, they can't risk looking at each other. Their greatest asset is their greatest curse. They can never be seen. The loneliest creatures in the universe. And I'm sorry, I am very, very sorry, it's up to you now.

SALLY: What am I supposed to do?

DOCTOR: The blue box, it's my time machine. There is a world of time energy in there they could feast on forever. The damage they can do can switch off the sun. You have got to send it back to me!

SALLY: How? How?

DOCTOR: And that's it, I'm afraid. There's no more from you on the transcript, that's all I've got. I dunno what stopped you talking, but I can guess. They're coming. The angels are coming for you. But listen, your life could depend on this. Don't blink! Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink! Good luck!

SALLY: No, don't, you can't!

LARRY: I'll rewind him!

SALLY: What good would that do?! You're not looking at the statue?

LARRY: Neither are you.

They look to see the statue is far closer, it's face distorted.

SALLY: Keep looking at it. Keep looking at it!

LARRY: There's just one, right, there's just this one. We're okay if we keep staring at this one statue, everything's gonna be fine.

SALLY: There's three more.

LARRY: Three?!

SALLY: They were upstairs, I think I heard them moving.

LARRY: Where? Three, moving where?

SALLY: I'll look around, I'm going to check. Keep looking at this one, don't blink. Remember what he said, don't even blink!

LARRY: Who blinks? I'm too scared to blink.

SALLY: Okay. We're going to the door. Front door. Okay. We can't both get to the front door without taking our eyes off that thing. You stay here.

LARRY: What?!

SALLY: I'll be just round the corner, stay here! They've locked it. They've locked us in!

LARRY: Why?

SALLY: I've got something they want.

LARRY: What?

SALLY: The key, I took it last time I was here. They followed me to get it back. I led them to the blue box. Now they've got that!

LARRY: Give them the key!

SALLY: I'm gonna check the back door, you wait here.

LARRY: Give them the key, give them what they want! Sally, no, what if they come behind me?!

SALLY: Hang on!

LARRY: Oh, God! Oh, God!

SALLY: It's locked!

Larry looks away from the Weeping Angel briefly and it advances on him. He looks back barely in time.

LARRY: Sally! Sally!

SALLY: It won't open!

LARRY: Sally, please, I can't do this! Sally, hurry up! Where are you?!

SALLY: Larry! They've blocked off the back door, but there's a cellar. There might be a way out, delivery hatch or something.

LARRY: I'm coming! I can't stay here.

SALLY: Okay, boys, I know how this works. You can't move so long as I can see you. Whole world in the box, the Doctor says. Hope he's not lying, 'cause I don't see how else we're getting out. Oh, and there's your one.

LARRY: Why's it pointing at the... light?

The light flickers.

SALLY: Oh, my God! It's turning out the lights!

LARRY: Quickly!

SALLY: I can't find the lock!

LARRY: Sally, hurry up! Get it open! They're getting faster, Sally, come on!

SALLY: It won't turn!

LARRY: Sally!

They get into the TARDIS, the Weeping Angels surrounding the ship as they close the doors. A blue, holographic Doctor appears on the high deck.

DOCTOR: This is security protocol 712. This time capsule has detected the presence of an authorised control disc, valid one journey.

Larry opens a DVD case and the disc glows.

DOCTOR: Please insert the disc and prepare for departure.

SALLY: Looks like a DVD player. There's a slot.

The Angels rock the TARDIS.

LARRY: They're trying to get in!

SALLY: Well, hurry up then!

The TARDIS begins to dematerialise around them.

LARRY: What's happening?

SALLY: Oh, my God! It's leaving us behind! Doctor, no, you can't! Doctor!

Larry and Sally huddle on the floor where the TARDIS was.

SALLY: Look at them! Quick, look at them!

LARRY: I don't think we need to. He tricked them, The Doctor tricked them. They're looking at each other. They're never gonna move again.

ONE YEAR LATER

LARRY: Can you mind the shop? I'm just nipping next door for some milk.

SALLY: Yeah, no worries.

LARRY: What's this?

SALLY: Nothing.

LARRY: Sally! Can't you let it go?

SALLY: Of course I can't let it go!

LARRY: This is over.

SALLY: How did the Doctor know where to write the words on the wall? How could he get the transcript? Where did he get all that information from?

LARRY: Look, some things you never find out. And that's okay.

SALLY: No, it isn't.

LARRY: Ever think this might be getting in the way of... other things?

SALLY: We just run a shop together. That's all it is, just a shop.

LARRY: Anyway... milk. Back in a mo.

Larry heads out. Sally looks out the window to see the Doctor and Martha climb out of a taxicab and runs out.

SALLY: Doctor! Doctor! Doctor!

DOCTOR: Hello! Sorry, bit of a rush, there's a sort of thing happening, fairly important we stop it.

SALLY: My God, it's you, it really is you. Oh, you don't remember me, do you?

MARTHA: We don't have time for this. Migration's started.

DOCTOR: Look, sorry, I've got a bit of a complex life. Things don't always happen to me in order. Gets confusing, especially at weddings, I'm rubbish at weddings, especially my own.

SALLY: Oh, my God! Of course, you're a time traveller. It hasn't happened yet! None of it, it's still in your future!

DOCTOR: What hasn't happened?

MARTHA: Doctor! Twenty minutes to red hatching!

SALLY: It was me. Oh, for God's sake, it was me all along. You got it all from me!

DOCTOR: Got what?

SALLY: Okay. Listen. One day you're going to get stuck in 1969. Make sure you've got this with you. You're going to need it.

MARTHA: Doctor!

DOCTOR: Yeah, listen, listen, got to dash... things happening. Well, four things. Well, four things and a lizard.

SALLY: Okay. No worries, on you go. See you around, some day.

DOCTOR: What was your name?

SALLY: Sally Sparrow.

DOCTOR: Good to meet you, Sally Sparrow.

Larry walks up and looks at the Doctor, obviously dumbstruck. Sally takes his hand.

SALLY: Goodbye, Doctor.

Sally turns and leads Larry into the shop, arms around one another. The Doctor turns and hurries off with a final, fond look at Sally.

DOCTOR: Don't blink! Blink and you're dead! Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink! Good luck!

END