2005-11-18 - Born Again

Doctor Who Special Episode transcripts. This collection spans from November 25, 1983 to present.*

Moderator: Kitty Midnight

The further adventures of the renegade Time Lord, Doctor Who and his companions, from cross-overs to Christmas Specials. 2016-12-25 - "The Return of Doctor Mysterio"

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise  Collectibles

Classic Who   NuWho  

2005-11-18 - Born Again

Post by bunniefuu »

[TARDIS]

The Doctor: 6 PM... Tuesday... October... 5006... On the way to Barcelona! Now then... what do I look like? No, no no, no no no no no no no. No. Don't tell me. Let's see... two legs, two arms, two hands... Slight weakness in the dorsal tubercle. Hair! I'm not bald! Oh, Oh! Big hair! Sideburns, I've got sideburns! Or really bad skin. Little bit thinner... That's weird. Give me time, I'll get used to it. I... have got... a mole. I can feel it. Between my shoulder blades, there's a mole. That's all right. Love the mole. Go on then, tell me. What do you think?

Rose: Who are you?

The Doctor: I'm the Doctor.

Rose: No... Where is he? Where's the Doctor? What have you done to him?

The Doctor: You saw me, I, I changed... right in front of you.

Rose: I saw him sort of explode, and then you replaced him, like a... a teleport or a transmat or a body swap or something. You're not fooling me. I've seen all sorts of things. Nano genes... Gelth... Slitheen... Oh, my God, are you a Slitheen?

The Doctor: I'm not a Slitheen.

Rose: Send him back. I'm warning you; send the Doctor back right now!

The Doctor: Rose, it's me. Honestly, it's me. I was dying. To save my own life I changed my body. Every single cell, but... it's still me.

Rose: You can't be.

The Doctor: Then how could I remember this? Very first word I ever said to you. Trapped in that cellar. Surrounded by shop window dummies... oh... such a long time ago. I took your hand... I said one word... just one word, I said... "Run".

Rose: Doctor.
The Doctor: Hello. And we never stopped, did we? All across the universe. Running, running, running... One time we had to hop. Do you remember? Hopping for our lives. Yeah? All that hopping? Remember hopping for your life? Yeah?! Hop? With the... No?

Rose: Can you change back?

The Doctor: Do you want me to?

Rose: Yeah.

The Doctor: Oh.

Rose: Can you?

The Doctor: No. Do you want to leave?

Rose: Do you want me to leave?

The Doctor: No! But... your choice... if you want to go home... Cancel Barcelona. Change to... London... the Powell Estate... ah... let's say the 24th of December. Consider it a Christmas present. There.

Rose: I'm going home?

The Doctor: Up to you. Back to your mum... it's all waiting. Fish and chips, sausage and mash, beans on toast... no, Christmas! Turkey! Although... having met your mother... nut loaf would be more appropriate. Was that a smile?

Rose: No.

The Doctor: That was a smile...

Rose: No it wasn't.

The Doctor: You smiled...

Rose: No I didn't.

The Doctor: Oh, come on, all I did was change, I didn't...

Rose: What?

The Doctor: I said I didn't... Uh oh.

Rose: Er... is you alright? What's that?

The Doctor: Oh... the change is going a bit wrong and all.

Rose: Look... maybe we should go back. Let's go and find Captain Jack, he'd know what to do.

The Doctor: Gah, he's busy! He's got plenty to do rebuilding the Earth! I haven't used this one in years.

Rose: What're you doing?!

The Doctor: Putting on a bit of speed! That's it! My beautiful ship! Come on, faster! That's a girl! Faster! Wanna to break the time limit?!

Rose: Stop it!

The Doctor: Ah, don't be so dull... let's have a bit of fun! Let's rip through that vortex! The regeneration's going wrong. I can't stop myself. Ah, my head... Faster! Let's open those engines!

Rose: What's that?

The Doctor: We're gonna crash land!

Rose: Well then, do something!

The Doctor: Too late! Out of control! Oh, I love it! Hot dawg!

Rose: You're gonna k*ll us!

The Doctor: Hold on tight, here we go! Christmas Eve...!