2005-12-25 - att*ck Of The Graske Correct Choices

Doctor Who Special Episode transcripts. This collection spans from November 25, 1983 to present.*

Moderator: Kitty Midnight

The further adventures of the renegade Time Lord, Doctor Who and his companions, from cross-overs to Christmas Specials. 2016-12-25 - "The Return of Doctor Mysterio"

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise  Collectibles

Classic Who   NuWho  

2005-12-25 - att*ck Of The Graske Correct Choices

Post by bunniefuu »

The Doctor: Ah ah, I need your help. So fancy a trip in the TARDIS. Oh, more of a bus person, are we? Yeah, I see. Come on, what are you waiting for?

Doctor Who - att*ck Of The Graske Correct Choices
Original air date: 25th December, 2005

Written by: Gareth Roberts
Directed by: Ashley Way

The Doctor: You've been watching my adventures? And I've been watching some of yours. Including you, mate. Where d'you get that energy?

So... challenge. Reckon you can act as my companion? I only take the best, remember. About Rose. Dropped her off for a bit. 1979, ABBA, Wembley.

So, it's all gonna be onto you, right? Ok, now. Hold out your remote control. I'm linking it to the sonic screwdriver. Now. All the power of the sonic is yours now. So, don't let the cat seat on it. You really wouldn't want that.

Let's go!

The Doctor: I'll patch you into the TARDIS screen.

The Doctor (V.O.): Looks like any old Christmas, and it is. No, I'm jocking, it isn't. One of these people isn't human. But an Alien impostor. A changeling. There are two cameras in the room. The girl's got a camcorder for Christmas. Plus I'm looking out through their TV. Cause I'm clever.

Use the arrow keys on your remote to flick between the views.

Look closely at each person. One of them is the Alien, but which one? Work them eyeballs.

Girl: Christmas video time! I want to test the camera. So, can I have one get together? Gran!

Boy: Oh Dad, I can't find spots...

Mom: Sweet, would you...

Mom: Will you tell your son, please?

Dad: You think he listens to me?

Girl: Come on, gran. Stand over there, ok?

Grandma: Over there.

Girl: Yes.

Grandad: Oh, my favorite one...

Girl: Grandad.

Grandad: All right, all right.

Dad: This place was clean.

A great one...

A food stop, whatever question that is.

Girl: Mum, just stand up, will you?

Mom: That goes in there, Dad.

Mom: Back in the box. It causes confusion and disapointment. People think they're waiting for their favorite and discover it's only an empty wrapping.

Grandad: Sorry darling, I'm sorry.

Dad: You're not gonna get it till tomorrow. When no one's watching tele, then you can plug it in.

The Doctor (V.O.): Ok, time's up. Here's the list.

So, is it Mum, Dad, Gran, Grandad, Girl, or Boy?
If you think it's Mum, press 1.
If you think it's Gran, press 2.
Reckon it's Grandad, press 3.
Or is it Dad? Press 4.
The Boy, 5.
The Girl, 6.

I'll give you ages to decide. No I won't! Make your mind up!

The Doctor: Well done. Yeah, it was Mum. It was the spots in her eyes glowing.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. They'd give away. Why are they glowing? That's what I'm here to find out. What's that?

The Doctor: That creature was a Graske. They take up a planet by replacing its population. I can follow the trail of that one, but can you fly the TARDIS?

The Doctor (V.O.): Here are some basics: Use your remote to activate the different controls, quickly when I tell you.
Number 1 is the, Dimensional Stabilizer, there.
Number 2 is this baby, the Vector Tracker.
And this is number 3, the Vortex Loop.

The Doctor: Got it? Right, let's go!

The Doctor (V.O.): Switch on the Vortex Loop. Come on. Which one is it?

Brilliant! Now the Dimensional Stabilizer.

We're tumbling down! Here we go. You got it. Quick sticks, the Vector Tracker, press it.

Good work, pilot.

The Doctor: Bit of a bobby ride, but we've arrived. Where the hell is that Graske? Now. When is this?

The Doctor (V.O.): We've gone back in time. About a hundred and twenty years. The Graske will be here any minute, if we don't spot him, we'll lose the trail.

This grid is tuned to the Graske's DNA trace. It's marked to 1-9. When you see the DNA blip pop up, press the button for that number on the grid. Be quick, it'll only be a flash. Can you see him?

Yes. Well done! Where did he go?

Now we're in closer. Fingers on buttons. We need to spot him again. Make a choice.

Yes, right, third level. Down, down, deeper and down.

It's another Christmas. Christmas 1883. We're right on top of him. He's hiding somewhere, watch out for him.

Old Man: Come along, come along. Have some mulled wine! And Merry Christmas, one and all! Long live Queen Victoria.

The Doctor (V.O.): Where is he hiding?

Old Man: Have some mulled wine! All you dully mop skippers and butt hunters!

The Doctor (V.O.): Keep those eyes peeled.

Urchin: We've been so hungry, Mrs., since the orphanage fell down. Give us a penny. Give us a penny. I'm saving up for a satsuma.

The Doctor (V.O.): Can you see him?

Young Woman: Come to the musical Christmas takeup now! I'll be singing all the big hits of the year: "She hit him on the head with her hammer." And everyone's favorite tune... Archibald...

The Doctor (V.O.): Where is he hiding? Press your button, now. You spoted him! There he goes, with another victim.

Young Woman: That att*ck!

Old Man: Strike me dead.

The Doctor: Bravo, bravo! No idea why I said that. Perfect like Oprah. He's getting away, but you did well. We locked on to him, now. Let's get after that Graske.

And last, Griffoth. The legendary planet of the Graske.

We got a chance to stop them. There is an entrance but it's shielded. I'll take us as close as I can.

Well, get out there! You're the star of the show. I've got you from in here through the sonic screwdriver. A good shell, then I'll give you away. I don't wanna get you eaten. Not on Christmas Eve.

The Doctor (V.O.): Ah, an airlock protected by code. See those symbols on that panel. Look closely. You'll have to work out the next shape in the sequence. It's giving you the options. Which one comes next? Press the number of the right shape on the remote.

Quick, work it out.

Correct, let's go through.

Another lock, another code. The Graske must have a thing about porches.

This one's a number code. Work out the next number and press that button.

We're counting down!

Well done. You're good with numbers. I bet you can even do a long division.

What's next?

There are as many doors as Jim Morrison. Here's a selection of keys. but which one fits into that lock?

Time is ticking away.

That's the one. And it's the final door, you're in.

The Doctor (V.O.): These pods contain the originals of all the changelings from around the universe. They need to keep them alive to sustain the copies.

That's a Slitheen. And that's the Graske you chased from Earth. Earth will be doomed. Soon every man, woman and child will be stolen by the Graske.

They're his two latest victims trapped forever unless you could stop him.

He spotted you, get down! The Slitheen is out. Now is your chance. Only time to do one or two things. You can reverse the settings. That will destroy the duplicates, free the prisonners, and teleport them to wherever in the universe they were snatched from. Or... You can use the Graske's stasis control against them. Apart for you, freeze everybody and everything here.

That control panel, take a look. These two buttons are all you need. Press 1 to teleport, 2 for stasis. Make your choice. Time is running out. It's all down to you!

The Doctor (V.O.): You've gone for teleport. Look at them go. Everyone heading back to where they belong.

Dad: Why are you all sat down? It's Christmas, isn't it? Get the game plugged-in!

Mom: I'm getting sherry and pie.

Girl: Place to my video.

Mom: Yes, come on, come on. Come here.

Dad: I got that.

All:Merry Christmas!

The Doctor: Hey, hey. Right choice! There would be another chance for someone, could even be me, to deal with the Graske. And you've saved that Christmas.

Let's get you back home.

The Doctor: Oh! I'd better disconnect the screwdriver from your remote. Hold it out.

Smart! Back to normal. Though... There is a risk that if you switch to ITV tonight, the galaxy may implode. So... Now, I only take the best, and... You were amazing. I might just pick you up you one day.

Well, I'd better go and get Rose! Merry Christmas.

The Doctor (V.O.): That's the end. Or is it? No it isn't. Fancy another go at impressing me? You can!

att*ck of the Graske is in a time loop. That means it starts again, right here, in one minute.