09x10 - Disciple

All episode transcripts (season 1-10) for the TV show "Smallville". Aired: October 2001 to May 2011.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A young Clark Kent struggles to find his place in the world as he learns to harness his alien powers for good and deals with the typical troubles of teenage life in Smallville.

09x10 - Disciple

Post by bunniefuu »

"Disciple"

Original Air Date on January 29th, 2010

Susana Previously on "Smallville" ...

Faora: Why don't we have the powers we should have under the yellow sun?

Zod: Kneel before Zod. I have always been true to my word, and I will find the answers we are looking for, or I will die in the quest! My brother and sister Kandorians, he has come. Kneel before Kal-El.

Clark: When you told me you could help me find my father, I didn't know it was because you wired my house.

Chloe: Clark, I wanted to keep an eye on your place until you came home.

Clark: I've been home for weeks. You didn't tell me anything about them.

Chloe: I'm sorry.

Clark: Is there any part of the person I used to know still there?

Oliver: Maybe not. Took a look in the mirror and you were right. I've been running away from myself for a long time. Now I know who I really am.

Chloe: You were living like you had a death wish. I had to push you over the edge in order to pull you back. Even with your face in the gutter, you still had the hero in your heart.

Oliver: Thank you. You know what I'm talking about, Mia, because I used to fight for the same reasons that you do. I can train you. I can teach you how to overcome your fear and get you off the streets.

Mia: My hero.

Lois: What's easier to believe? That there was some phone glitch, or that the farm guy who sits across from me every day is a super powered hero? Must have been crazy to look at Clark through blur-colored glasses.

Clark: You said I had a secret. You were right.

Lois: Let's see what you got. It's just, sometimes ... I feel like I see a whole other side of you.

Clark: I was hoping that we could grab something to eat tonight.

Lois: I'll meet you there.

Lois: See, that party wasn't so bad,. Plus, all the money from the bar goes to charity, so somewhere a kid is getting a new pair of shoes all because I drank a Crantini.

Clark: Sure, it's more then a few kids getting compliments from Lois Lane. Not that I was keeping track.

Lois: Hey Mister, that was two hours and five cups of coffee ago. And okay, I was just I was a little nervous. It was our first public outing as, kind of like, a couple.

Clark: Emphasis on 'kind of.' You wouldn't even let me help you with your coat.

Lois: I held your hand.

Clark: Only when you were taking hors d'oeuvres out of it.

Lois: Tess seemed okay when she found out her top basement reporters are dating. Although, not everyone was doing the happy dance when they saw us together. Ollie didn't have much to say. He left right after we got there.

Clark: Oliver's gotten over bigger hurdles in his life than his friends dating.

Lois: Well, it is a lot to get your head around. Clark Kent and Lois Lane, who knew?

Clark: I did. You know, Lois we could go back to the farm and take a walk. I could give you Clark Kent's tour of the galaxy.

Lois: Smallville, the only planet you know about is the one that you read at the breakfast table ...

[Kissing]

Lois: Okay, then, that was PDA number four on date number five. I'm just keeping track, trying not to rush into this relationship like I've done before.

Clark: Well, Lois, there's nothing we'll be doing in five weeks, that we can't do tonight.

Lois: I know. It's just, this is the one. You're the one I want to get it right with, okay? So, night.

Clark: Night.

[Distinct yelling]: Help! No, No, not my wedding ring! [Stops]

Clark: See you tomorrow morning.

[leaves, speeds away]

Lois: Don't worry, the galaxy will be there next week.

[Car door opens, gets in, but car won't start.]

Lois: Damn it. I knew I should have changed the alternator myself.

[pops hood open, arrow almost hits Lois]

Lois: Come on, Oliver. [Yells] Jealous Much! [Sees arrow about to be thrown]: Oh my god. [runs]

[arrow hits her, falls to the ground]

[Credits]

[Oliver fighting]

[Mia groans]: Oliver! No, Oliver! [He lets her go, the stick planks to the ground]

[Mia breathing hard]

Oliver: Mia.

Mia: What the hell was that about?

Oliver: You tell me. I came here for a training session, Mia, not an audition for k*ll Bill 3.

Mia: I thought if I surprised you, I might actually stand a chance of kicking your butt. But you try to snap my windpipe.

Oliver: You make a pretty convincing ninja.

Mia: Oliver, that was more then an overreaction. You didn't even respond to your own name. It was like you were someone else.

Oliver: This coming from the woman with a mask.

[cell phone goes off, Oliver picks it up]

Oliver: Chloe! Chloe, what's wrong?

[Clark speeding, door opens]

Zod: The apple is such a plain, yet fascinating fruit.

[door closes]

Clark: What are you doing here?

Zod: You know it's the apple that launched the Trojan w*r? One of the great epic battles of all time. And for many religions, it's the apple that falls from the tree of knowledge that represents the fall of man. Now, I found that story quite interesting because it's so aptly illustrates how humans hoard knowledge. Where as our own Kryptonian religion, now, that teaches knowledge should be shared by all.

Clark: I'm sure you didn't come here for a Sunday School lesson. What do you want?

Zod: When we bow down before you, Kal-El, we embraced you with open hearts. Now, some of us feel as if our favor has not been returned.

Clark: Your people.

Zod: Our people.

Clark: Our people have assimilated well. They don't need my help as much as the humans'.

Zod: No, we need it more. We have no powers here, Kal-El. And they expect you to help us get them. We need leadership. A mentor.

Clark: I can't help you. I don't even know how to give our people my powers.

Zod: Surely it's a mystery we can solve together.

Clark: Earth is not another Krypton, and trying to make it one is a dangerous plan.

Zod: Our people ... they don't want to concur. But, if we don't deliver their powers soon, then sooner or later, they will do whatever it takes to get what they want themselves. We um, we have to be able to defend ourselves, Kal-El. These humans, the brutalities ... it's extraordinary. And if they discover us, they will hunt us down like animals.

Clark: I won't let that happen.

Zod: You are reluctant to take action because you don't trust me. You think I k*lled Jor-El. I lost a son, and I would never deprive anyone of his father in his life. You must believe me.

[Cell phone rings in the background, Clark picks it up]

Clark: Hello. Lois! Is she alright? I'll be right there! [Speeds away]

[Door opens]

Clark: Lois.

Lois: Clark.

Clark: I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have left you last night. This never would've happened.

Lois: It's not your fault that I had a bad alternator, Smallville. Look, some psycho obviously wanted to get himself on the front page, and so he decided to sh**t the ace reporter.

Clark: What did he look like? Did you see him?

Lois: Yeah ... he was dressed up like Green Arrow.

Chloe: Hey. You okay? You don't look so great, which for you is not exactly easy.

Oliver: Um, I didn't realize Lois already had a visitor.

Chloe: Come on, Ollie, it's been years since you and Lois steamed up an elevator glass.

Oliver: I know, I know. You have a suspect?

Chloe: Yeah. Uh, he was dressed up like you, actually.

Oliver: What?

Chloe: Yeah. I didn't want to tell you this over the phone, but Lois was sh*t with an arrow. It went in under her shoulder. It didn't do any damage, but the doctor said that if it had just been a centimeter to the right or the left, her artery would have been ceviche.

Oliver: She would have d*ed in minutes.

Chloe: Lucky for her, the guy wasn't exactly William Tell.

Oliver: No, no, this guy makes William Tell look like a Summer camp archery coach. We're not dealing just with some random sh*t here, Chloe. That's a target specifically designed to take down your enemy without k*lling them. sh**t's not an amateur. This guy's a cr*ck marksmen. Not many people in the world could hit that sh*t. Where's this arrow?

Chloe: Police are running some tests on it. It's pretty low tech compared to your titanium missiles. What?

Oliver: Nothing.

[Doors hiss open, hinges open revealing an entry way for arrows]

Oliver: Vordigan.

[Vordigan punches knuckles, while getting dressed]

[Keyboards clacking away, door opens]

Lois: Clark, thank goodness. A girl cannot live by online Jack Black alone. [closes laptop]

Zod: I'm so sorry to disappoint, but I was hoping to make it up with flowers.

Lois: Not that I'm against taking flowers from men I've never met, 'cause lord knows I have. I think you have the wrong room.

Zod: Forgive my lack of manners. America must be wearing off on me. I'm an old friend of Clark's. I was down here donating blood, and I thought I'd stop by and see how you were recovering.

Lois: Oh.

Zod: Clark must have mentioned me. I'm Zod.

Lois: Can't say that he has, and being a championship wrestling fan, I'd definitely remember a name like that.

Zod: Well, you may have never heard of me, but I've heard all about Lois Lane.

[Lois Chuckles]

Lois: Is that supposed to impress me?

[Zod chuckles]

Zod: Oh, that Clark Kent, huh? Can't stop talking about you.

Lois: Really?

Zod: Yeah, after meeting you, I can see that he's not exaggerating.

Lois: How do you know Clark again?

Zod: We've got a lot of history together. And one night when uh, you get better, we'll go out and I'll tell you all about the real Clark Kent. Hmm?

Lois: Tequilas on me. I'm not sure Clark's parents even know the real Clark Kent.

[Zod Chuckles]

Zod: You mean his adoptive parents?

Lois: His only parents, really. I don't think he has any idea who his birth parents are.

Zod: No.

Lois: Okay.

Zod: Okay. Oh, uh, here's to a speedy recovery. The kids on the 2nd floor were selling them and, it's a, it's a charm.

Lois: Interesting shape. Thanks.

Zod: And you tell that Clark Kent, that he's a very lucky man.

Lois: Hmm, I will.

[opens and closes door]

Mia: You wanna tell me what you're doing? 'Cause this looks serial k*ller-scary. Okay, this is where you tell me you hate the taste of flesh to make me feel better?

Oliver: It's nothing, really.

Mia: You have every surveillance photo Queen Industries can capture of you over the last two days. What the hell's up with that?

Oliver: I think someone's following me.

Mia: Well, I guess that would explain our near-fatal meet-and-greet this morning.

Oliver: Yeah, not a real great time to dress up in black and go Steven Seagal on me.

Mia: So, all I'm seeing so far in these pics is ... you. Isn't this where that lady got sh*t last night?

Oliver: Oh, no, no. Hell no! You put that back where you found it. You're in enough trouble as it is. Look, Mia, there's a lot of things here that you don't know about me, okay? I had no right trying to play mentor with you. It's way too risky.

Mia: What?! No, no. I'm not just going to leave you like this Oliver: Hell you're not. I'm not your teacher anymore, you understand me? I want you to walk through that door and don't look back. Get the hell out of here.

[Mia walks out]

[keyboards clacking, mouse clicking, alarm goes off]

Machine: Watchtower security breach. Watchtower security breach. Continued ... [photo clicks on, lights go off]

[Chloe gets hit with an arrow and falls down, groans; Vordigan throws his arrow and flies off]

[Door opens]

Clark: Chloe, what happened?

Chloe: I'm starting to think our favorite archer isn't all green.

Mia: [softly whispers] Oliver.

Vordigan: Oliver's got a greater destiny, and you're going to help me fulfill it
Chloe: And how many arrow-toting Rambos out there know about Watchtower? And of those, how many could hack into my system?

Clark: Going after Lois. I mean, it's been hard for Oliver ever since she and I have ... -

Chloe: Clark, I know that from the outside it doesn't seem like Oliver would do anything to hurt Lois and me, but his dark half might.

Clark: He left that half behind.

Chloe: Really? Don't you think he bounced back just a little bit fast? I mean, maybe he suppressed it. Split personalities don't know what the other half is doing.

Clark: You think that's what happened to him? Chloe, it would take more then dr*gs and a few boxing gloves to make him go Jekyll-Hyde.

Chloe: There's something I have to tell you, Clark. A few weeks ago, when Oliver saved Victoria Sinclair, he pulled his life out of the emergency lane and crossed the finish line a hero again, but he didn't do it on his own. I changed a couple of tires along the way. I set the whole thing up.

Clark: What?

Chloe: He was dead hero walking, Clark. I had to do something.

Clark: So you went out by yourself, and you saved him?

Chloe: Isn't that what you do every day?

Clark: You should have told me.

Chloe: And this is exactly why I didn't tell you, Clark. Any time you have to pull the trigger on making a difficult decision, you always just walk away.

Clark: I do what's right.

Chloe: You're not willing to do what's necessary.

Clark: Pulling the trigger on Oliver, was that necessary?

Chloe: Not if it really shattered him. Where you going?

Clark: Pick up the pieces.

[Speeds away, computer beeps, keyboard clacks.]

[Door opens and closes, someone touches Oliver and makes him jump]

Oliver: Lois, what are you doing here?

Lois: Well, someone planted an arrow pretty damn close to my heart, and I don't think it's zvupid.

Oliver: There's someone after me, and I think they did this to you.

Lois: Okay I get that there are some things that you have to keep from me, but why would they have att*cked me?

Oliver: Because they know we were together and they are trying to hurt me.

Lois: What about all the other girls you were with? Why couldn't they have sh*t the Danish underwear model.

Oliver: Lois, this person knows everything about me. They know that out of all those other women the only one I ever really cared about ... .was you.

Lois: Oliver, I know you're under a lot of stress right now but you have to pull yourself together. You have to find whoever att*cked Chloe and I.

Oliver: Chloe was att*cked?

Lois: Yes, she's okay. Now I get why this person would go after an ex lover but not a friend.

Oliver: [whispers softly] lover. [loudly] Oh god, the vows, No lovers no allies, and no disciples ... .Mia.

[X-ray vision blurs in, Clark rips open the vault, setting down the arrows]

Chloe: Look I know you probably don't want to see me anytime this century but I finished my research with those arrows, and they were heavily collected, just not by Oliver. Maybe I was wrong.

Clark: I wish you were.

Chloe: I hate to add another box card to the bad news train but I've seen this same symbol before doing my research.

Clark: Where's it from?

Chloe: There's a secret Celtic Society founded by apprentices and master archers.

[keyboards clacking]

Chloe: Rumor was that they were made up of a group of thirteen century vigilante assassins defending coastal towns from att*cks. Think like, the CIA with arrows and plaid skirts.

Clark: Do they still exist?

Chloe: Well they don't exactly have a website but ... [shows computer]

Clark: Some sort of a mentor ship cult. The apprentice follows the orders of the master.

Chloe: And vow to swear off lovers, allies, and disciples.

Clark: That doesn't sound very Oliver.

Chloe: Well not exactly the Oliver that we know now. But, when he left that island he went AWOL for like a year. Maybe he joined this group.

Clark: He never did tell me where he honed his skills, and there's only so much you can teach yourself alone on an island.

Chloe: He was still getting over the loss of his parents, I mean he wouldn't be the first orphan to go and join a cult.

Clark: So there's a chance this night stalker isn't Oliver. Maybe it's someone from his brotherhood, he needs to settle the score.

Mia: Who are you?

Vordigan: Call me Vordigan, I taught Green Arrow almost everything he knows.

Mia: Green Arrow?

Vordigan: And now it's time for my past student to come back home.

[breathing hard]

Mia: You think he's coming back for class reunion, forget it.

Vordigan: He did not come back for me, but he will for you.

[Vordigan shoves Mia and she falls down, arrow sh**t through]

[Mia runs]

Vordigan: At last!

[Arrow sh**t through]

Vordigan: Your friend does heeds his masters call.

[Vordigan hits an arrow at Oliver's making it fall, Oliver grabs another one]

Vordigan: You know why you're here.

Oliver: Vordigan. Our paths split a long time ago.

Vordigan: You took your vows Oliver. Now it's time to fulfill them.

Oliver: You embraced me as your own son. I can't follow in your footsteps.

Vordigan: There comes a time when every master knows his best years are done. I was badly wounded for the first time Oliver, because I wasn't fast enough physically, but mentally, I realized a process of decay has begun. Out tradition dictates, the master must leave this world while he's still and respected. As my chosen successor you must complete your final test, you need to k*ll me.

Oliver: You taught me many things Vordigan, about the kind of man I wanted to become, and the kind of man I didn't.

Vordigan: Some men, don't get to choose who they become. Your heart is dark like mine Oliver.

Oliver: No. When I saw your true colors Vordigan, I left.

Vordigan: Come on Oliver you didn't abandon us because of some higher moral conviction. You left because you liked the thrill of the hunt a little too much, but you can't outrun fate. If you won't fulfill your duties. [tightens grip on crossbow] I will hunt down and k*ll your apprentice, and when you see her dead body, the dark archer in you will rise up and you will hunt me down and take vengeance.

[Oliver groans and pushes Vordigan back pinning him to a wall]

Oliver: I'm not going to k*ll you Vordigan.

[Vordigan pushes Oliver back into the wall stabbing his arm. Oliver groans in pain]

[Keyboard clacking, computer beeps, a whoosh of air]

Clark: I checked Oliver's plane, his boat, and all the usual places I found nothing.

Chloe: Yeah well there's not much information in this cult, I mean that's the problem with secret society's right? They're just uh, secret. Still I was hoping to find some search results.

Clark: Yeah Oliver's not the only one I've been worried about. You've been looking at the world through a camera a lot lately Chloe. Maybe it's time you go out and actually live in it.

Chloe: I'm just looking out for people Clark, same as you.

Clark: That's the problem with looking out for people sometimes you lose yourself.

Chloe: Don't worry, no one's getting lost okay? Everything's under control.

[computer beeps]

Chloe: Here's something, there was an altar with markings similar to the ones used by the band of merry men. An entrepreneur bought it and had it shipped from Ireland to his estate in Coast City.

Clark: There's a naval base nearby there should be plenty of satellite coverage.

Chloe: I can switch to passive microwave image that way we can actually see through the clouds.

[keyboards clacking]

Clark: Chloe look the symbol. It's in the form of a maze.

Chloe: There's movement.

[Mouse clicks, zooming in]

Clark: That's the girl that's been training with Oliver.

Chloe: Like an apprentice?

[Keyboards clack, computer beeps]

Chloe: Oh my god Clark, there are these vows. No lovers, that would explain why Lois was hit. No allies, which would explain my purple heart. And no disciples outside of the cult that's her.

[Clark speeds off]

Oliver: You know he always said that eventually my dark side would rise up and that I would take his life. You were wrong. I sh*t him in the shoulder, exactly where he taught me.

Lois: Clark, sorry I'm late. I was watching the monster truck jump finals, Greg lost his drive train. He is never coming back.

Clark: It's okay Lois he's just a truck.

Lois: Aw Clark, come on that's like saying Tommy Lee's just a drummer. Sometimes I worry there is no poetry in you.

Clark: You just have to look a little deeper.

Lois: What I wouldn't give for a little x-ray vision. Might give me some insight as to why I had to take a cab back from the hospital.

[Lois chuckles]

Clark: I'm sorry that I didn't visit you more, at the hospital Lois. I was trying to get more information on the dark archer.

Lois: That's okay, lucky for you your friend kept me supplied with flowers and gifts.

Clark: Who gave you that?

Lois: You know, Zod.

Clark: Really? What did he have to say?

Lois: Nothing but good things about you. We talked about getting together.

Clark: No, Lois that's not a good idea.

Lois: Why? Are you afraid he's gonna let it slip that you tipped a cow once? Clark there aren't any secrets in your life worthy of the front page. It's okay.

[slaps arm, notices Oliver, touches Clarks shoulder]

Clark: It's PDA number 5, not that I'm keeping track.

[grabs him by the arm and walks away smiling]

[Oliver leaves saddened]

[Mia is hitting a practice dummy]

Oliver: Nice. Someone taught you well.

[Mia scoffs]

Mia: Yeah, then told me he didn't want to see me again. Nice.

Oliver: Mia I was trying to protect you. I felt like if I split from you, Vordigan would leave you alone, and that's the truth.

Mia: Yeah well next time your being an unselfish hero, I could use some explaino. Green Arrow or Mr. Green Arrow.

[Hands keys to Oliver]

Mia: Don't worry, I'm not going to go tell all my friends I used to train with the Emerald Archer.

Oliver: Well he's not done with you yet. I mean, unless of course your done with him.

Mia: No. No I'm actually glad I had my old teacher show up again. Yours, not so much.

Oliver: I still can't get him out of my head. I just keep thinking by the time Vordigan gets out of prison he'll be an old man.

Mia: I think you got better things to worry about.

Oliver: I'm not worried about him Mia, it's what he said. I think he's right. What if I can't outrun these dark places inside me.

Mia: It's why you need me. [hits him playfully] keep you in check. There's a dark place inside everyone Oliver. What we do with it depends not on who our teachers are but what we do with the lessons learned.

[Air whooshes]

Clark: Lois Lane is off limits.

Zod: A Rao charm for good luck is hardly cause for alarm.

Clark: Why would you give her some Kryptonian symbol?

Zod: Rao symbolizes all that is good, once again your assuming the worst of me.

Clark: But we both know the only reason you visited Lois was to send me a message. You can't hurt me but you will hurt those I care about.

Zod: Living on earth had made you mistrustful.

Clark: I trust those who trust me.

Zod: You trust no one Kal-El. Not even the woman that you're supposed to care for. She has no idea who you are, does she?

Clark: Crossing that line is why I won't help you get your powers.

Zod: I'm just trying to save our race.

Clark: Your just doing this to save your army, without them your just an officer with no one to command.

Zod: I do not do this out of ego, I do this out of desperation.

Clark: Don't act like there isn't some agenda your not telling me about. You go near Lois again I will destroy you all.

[Speeds off leaving a mad Zod behind]

Zod: You won't have to.

Faora: Did you find what you were after?

Zod: He didn't recognize the symbol.

Faora: We don't have much time.

Zod: I know.

Faora: I guess the book of Rao is not on earth after all.

[Stops Faora]

Zod: No, Jor-El left it here and when we find it we'll have the needs to complete the tower. And we will turn the yellow sun red, and then Kal-El will not be the only one with powers on this earth. He will be just one of many soldiers in my army. Or a prisoner in my stockade.