02x21 - All Hell Breaks Loose

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Supernatural". Aired: September 2005 to November 2020.*

Moderators: thehoundandthebird, coco96

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Two brothers follow their father's footsteps as "hunters" fighting evil supernatural beings of many kinds including monsters, demons, and gods that roam the earth.

02x21 - All Hell Breaks Loose

Post by bunniefuu »

2.21 All Hell Breaks Loose: Part One

Air Date: 10 May 2007

Dean: Hey, don't forget the extra onions this time, huh?

Sam: Dude, I'm the one whose gonna have to ride in the car with your extra onions. [Dean grins and Sam gets out of the car, sighing.]

Dean: Hey, see if they've got any pie. [Glaring, Sam shuts the door.]Bring me some pie! I love me some pie.

[Dean watches Sam go into the café and talk to the waiter. Suddenly, Dean's car radio becomes staticky. Dean glances down and fiddles with it, but it turns off completely. When Dean looks back up, the inside of the café is empty. No waiter, no Sam.]

[Dean runs into the café. One customer at a booth is dead, face down in a puddle of blood.]

Dean: Sam?

[He takes out his g*n and looks around. He finds that the employees are also dead, with their throats slit.

Dean opens the back door and looks around outside.]

Dean: Sam?!

[Dean then notices a white substance on the door.]

Dean: Sulfur.

[Dean races back out the front door, heading back to the car.]

Dean: Sam! Sammy! [No response]Sam? Sammy! [No response]Sam!

[CUT TO: UNKNOWN LOCATION. Sam wakes up in the middle of nowhere. He is lying on the ground, and a few abandoned buildings are lining the street. He stands and takes out his phone, but gets no cell reception.]

[Sam continues to search the deserted town but doesn't find much. Most of the buildings are broken down or locked from the outside. Suddenly, Sam hears a creaking noise from nearby. He grabs a plank of wood, ready to fight, when Andy GALLAGHER turns the corner. He jumps back, startled.]

Sam: Andy?

Andy: Sam! What are you doing here?

Sam: I don't know.

Andy: What am I doing here?!

Sam: I don't know.

Andy: Where are we?!

Sam: Andy, look, calm down.

Andy: I can't calm down! I just woke up in freaking Frontierland!

Sam: What's the last thing you remember?

Andy: Honestly? My fourth bong load. It was weird. All of a sudden, there was this really intense smell. Like, uh…

Sam: Like sulfur?

Andy: How did you know that?

Sam: [remembering something]Dean.

Andy: Your brother –- is he here?

Sam: I don't know where he is. I don't know if he's…

[Suddenly, they hear a woman screaming in the distance. They approach another deserted building. She is locked inside, banging on the door for help.]

Sam: Hello?

Woman: Help me! Help me, please!

Sam: Okay, I'm here. We're gonna get you out, all right? Just hold on a second.

Woman: Please!

[Sam grabs a large rock and smashes the padlock on the door.]

Sam: All right, one second.

Woman: Please!

[Sam unlocks the door and Ava WILSON steps out.]

Sam: Ava?

Ava: Oh my God! Sam! [Sobbing, she gives him a gigantic hug.]

Andy: So, I guess you guys know each other.

Sam: Yeah.

Ava: How did you—I mean, how did you—

Sam: Ava, have you been here this whole time?

Ava: What whole time? I just woke up in there, like, half an hour ago.

Sam: Well, you've been gone for five months. My brother and I have been looking for you everywhere.

Ava: Okay, that's impossible, because I saw you two days ago.

Sam: You didn't. I'm sorry.

Ava: But…that makes no sense. That's not—oh my God! My fiancée, Brady! If I've been missing for that long, he must be freaking out!

Sam: Well…

[Ava notices Andy and looks at him, confused.]

Andy: Hey. Andy. Also freaking out.

Ava: Okay. [to Sam]What's happening?

Sam: I don't really know yet. But I know one thing: I know what the three of us have in common.

[They suddenly hear a man's voice, calling from the distance.]

Man: Hello? Is anybody there?

Sam: Maybe more than three.

[They run to the side of another building. The man, Jake TALLEY, is accompanied by a blonde girl, LILY.]

Sam: Hello? Hey! Hey, you guys all right?

Jake: I think so.

Sam: I'm Sam.

Jake: I'm Jake.

LILY: Lily.

Sam: Are there anymore of you?

Jake: No.

LILY: How did we even get here? A minute ago, I was in San Diego.

Jake: Well, if it makes you feel any better, I went to sleep last night in Afghanistan.

Sam: Let me take a wild guess: you two are both twenty-three? We all are. And we all have abilities.

Jake: What?

Sam: It started a little over a year ago? You found you could do things? Things you didn't think were possible? [They both nod.]I have visions. I see things before they happen.

Ava: Yeah. Me, too.

Andy: Yeah, and I can put thoughts into people's heads. Like, make them do stuff. But don't worry, I don't think it works on you guys. Oh, but get this –- I've been practicing. Training my brain, like meditation. So now, it's not just thoughts I can beam out, but images, too. Like, anything I want. Bam! People see it. This one guy I know –- total d*ck, right? I used it on him: gay p*rn. All hours of the day. [laughs]It was just like…you should have seen the look on his face.

[The other four look completely horrified.]

Andy: Uh…okay.

LILY: So, you go, "Simon says give me your wallet", and they do? [to Sam]You have visions? That's great! I'd k*ll for something like that.

Sam: Lily, listen, it's okay.

LILY: No. It's not. I touch people? Their hearts stop. I can barely leave my house. My life's not exactly improved. So, screw you. I just wanna go home.

Jake: And what, we don't?

LILY: You know what, don't talk to me like that—

Sam: Hey, guys, please. Look, whether we like it or not, we're all here, and so we all have to deal with this.

Andy: Who brought us here?

Sam: It's less of a "who". It's more of a "what".

Ava: What does that mean?

Sam: [after a pause]It's a demon.

[CUT TO: HIGHWAY. Bobby and Dean are parked on the side of the road, poring over a map.]

Bobby: This is it. All demonic signs and omens over the past month.

Dean: Are you joking? There's nothing here.

Bobby: Exactly.

Dean: Well, come on, there's gotta be something. What about the normal, low-level stuff? You know, exorcisms, that kind of thing.

Bobby: That's what I'm telling you: there's nothing. It's completely quiet.

Dean: Well, how are we supposed to look for Sam? What, do we just close our eyes and point?

[His phone rings. It is Ash, calling from the Roadhouse.]

Dean: Ash, what do you got?

Ash: Okay, listen, it's a big negatory on Sam.

Dean: Oh, come on, man! You've gotta give us something. We're looking at a three thousand-mile haystack here.

Ash: Listen, Dean, I did find something.

Dean: Well, what?

Ash: I can't talk over this line, Dean.

Dean: Come on, I don't have time for this!

Ash: Make time, okay? Because this –- [he stops as a customer walks by]What's up? What's going on? [The customer passes by, and Ash goes back to Dean]Not only does this almost definitely help you find your brother, this is…it's huge. So get here. Now. [hangs up]

Dean: I guess we're going to the Roadhouse. Come on.

[CUT TO: UNKNOWN LOCATION.]

Jake: So, we're soldiers in a demon w*r to bring on the Apocalypse?

Sam: When you put it like that—

Jake: And we've been picked?

Sam: Yes.

Jake: Why us?

Sam: I'm not sure, okay? But look, I just know—

Ava: Sam, I'm sorry. Psychics and spoon-bending is one thing, but demons?

Sam: Look, I know it sounds crazy, but—

Jake: It doesn't just sound it.

Sam: I don't really care what you think, okay? If we're all gathered here together, then that means it's starting and that we've gotta—

Jake: The only thing I've gotta do is stay away from wackjobs, okay? I've heard enough. I'm better off on my own. FYI, so are you.

Sam: Jake, hold on. Jake!

[Jake ignores him and continues walking until he is alone in the town. Suddenly, he sees a little girl standing inside one of the buildings. She stares at him through the door, then vanishes. Jake follows her, entering the abandoned schoolroom.]

Jake: Hello? [The girl can be heard giggling somewhere in the room.]It's all right. Don't be scared. Are you lost? [No response]Hello?

[He then hears screeching coming from the chalkboard. He turns to look at it, and the words "I will not k*ll" are written over and over again on the board. The girl appears in the room, laughing. Her nails grow to form claws, and her face contorts.]

Jake: Get back!

[Sam suddenly enters the building, grabbing an iron poker and hitting the girl with it. She dissolves into a cloud of black smoke, which exits the schoolroom. The other three join Jake and Sam.]

Sam: Just so you know? That was a demon. Now, that thing –- I'm not sure, but I think it was an Acheri. A demon that disguises itself as a little girl. That still doesn't tell us where we are. Andy, are you with me or what?

Andy: [stunned]Give me a minute. I'm still working through, "Demons are real".

[The group keeps walking. In front of one of the buildings is a large, rusty bell hanging from a wooden structure.]

Sam: I've seen that bell before. I think I know where we are now: Cold Oak, South Dakota. A town so haunted, every single resident fled.

Ava: Swell. Good to know we're somewhere so historical.

LILY: Why in the world would that demon or whatever put us here?

Sam: I'm wondering the Same thing.

LILY: You know what? It doesn't matter. Clearly, the only sane thing to do here is get the hell out of Dodge.

Sam: Wait, hold on. Lily, the only way out is through miles of woods.

LILY: Beats hanging out with demons.

Sam: Lily, look, we don't know what's going on yet. I mean, we don't even know how many of them are out there right now.

Jake: Yeah, he's right. We should—

LILY: Don't say "we"! I'm not part of "we". I have nothing in common with any of you.

Sam: Okay, look, I know—

LILY: You don't know anything! [pause]I accidentally touched my girlfriend.

[The rest of them look around, stunned.]

Sam: I'm sorry.

LILY: Whatever. I feel like I'm in a nightmare, and it just keeps getting worse and worse.

Sam: I've lost people, too. I have a brother out there right now that could be dead, for all I know. We're all in bad shape. But I'm telling you, the best way out of this is to stick together.

LILY: Fine.

[Sam nods, and the group continues looking around the town.]

Sam: We're looking for iron, silver, salt –- any kind of w*apon.

Jake: Salt is a w*apon?

Sam: It's a brave new world.

Andy: Well, hopefully there's food in your world, because I'm frickin' starving.

[They enter another building. LILY looks like she is about to follow, but stays behind. She wanders off on her own, away from the group.]

[CUT TO: INT. Impala. Dean and Bobby turn the corner to the Roadhouse. When they get there, however, the entire building has b*rned to the ground.]

Dean: What the hell?

[They get out of the car and begin walking among the debris. Every single part of the Roadhouse has been desTroyed.]

Bobby: Oh, my God.

Dean: You see Ellen?

Bobby: No. No Ash, either.

[Dean suddenly bends down and sees Ash's watch in the pile of rubble. He pulls on it and sees it is still attached to Ash's very burnt corpse.]

Dean: Oh, Ash, damn it!

[CUT TO: COLD OAK, SOUTH DAKOTA. Lily is walking in the woods, trying to find a way out, when she suddenly hears the little girl giggling. She continues walking, trying to ignore it.]

[Meanwhile, Sam is searching one of the abandoned houses. He finds a Kn*fe and picks it up. He turns back to Ava, who is massaging her head.]

Sam: Hey, you all right?

Ava: Yeah, I'm just…I don't know, a little dizzy.

Sam: Are you sure it's not some kind of—

Ava: What? Some kind of freaky vision thing? No, more like I'd k*ll for a sandwich. I haven't eaten since…well, who knows? No, don't worry. I'm fine. Except for every single thing that's happening.

Andy: [OS]You guys! I found something!

[Sam and Ava join the two men. Andy is holding up two bags.]

Andy: Salt!

Sam: That's great, Andy. Now, we all can…where's Lily?

Ava: Lily?

Sam: Lily!

[They suddenly hear the little girl giggling nearby. The four of them walk outside. At the top of a water tower, LILY is hanging from a noose, dead.]

Ava: Oh, my God! Okay, that's officially—Sam, she's dead! She's dead! You said we were chosen for a reason. That is not chosen! That's k*lled! Okay, we have to get out of here.

Sam: Stop.

Andy: Yeah, I second that emotion.

Jake: Not sure that's an option.

Ava: What?

Sam: Lily was trying to leave. The demon's not gonna let us get away that easy. We've gotta gear up for the next att*ck.

Ava: Oh, gear up?

Ava: Okay, well, I'm not a soldier. I can't do that!

Sam: Well, if you wanna stay alive, you're gonna have to. Let's go.

Jake: I'll get her down.

Sam: You know, I was just thinking about how much Dean would help right now. I'd give my arm for a working phone.

Andy: [realizing something]You know, you may not need one. I've never tried it long-distance before, but do you have anything of Dean's on you? Like, something he touched?

[Sam searches his pockets.]

Sam: Uh…I've got a receipt. Would that work?

Andy: Yeah. [He looks at the signature on the receipt.]D. Hasselhoff?

Sam: Yeah, that's Dean's signature. [b*at]It's hard to explain.

Andy: All right.

[CUT TO: ROADHOUSE.]

Bobby: This is… [trails off]

Dean: What the hell did Ash know? We've got no way of knowing where Ellen is. Or if she's even alive. We've got no clue what Ash was gonna tell us. Now, how the hell are we gonna find Sam?

Bobby: We'll find him.

[Suddenly, Dean clutches his head in pain.]

Bobby: Dean?

[Dean groans and doubles over. He sees an image of the Cold Oak bell very quickly.]

Bobby: What was that?

Dean: I don't know. A headache?

Bobby: You get headaches like that a lot?

Dean: No. Must be the stress. [Chuckles]I could have sworn I saw something.

Bobby: What do you mean? Like a vision? Like what Sam gets?

Dean: What? No!

Bobby: I'm just saying.

Dean: Come on, I'm not some psychic.

[Suddenly, the vision comes back. Dean falls against the car in pain. He sees another image, this time of Sam.]

Bobby: Dean? Dean! Are you with me?

Dean: Yeah, I think so. I saw Sam. I saw him, Bobby.

Bobby: It was a vision.

Dean: Yeah. I don't know how, but yeah. Whew. That was about as fun as getting kicked in the jewels.

Bobby: What else did you see?

Dean: Uh… there was a bell.

Bobby: What kind of bell?

Dean: Like a big bell with some kind of engraving on it, I don't know.

Bobby: Engraving?

Dean: Yeah.

Bobby: Was it a tree? Like, an oak tree?

Dean: Yeah, exactly.

Bobby: I know where Sam is.
[CUT TO: COLD OAK, SOUTH DAKOTA. NIGHT. Jake and Sam are in a barn, trying to break some of the iron bars off one of the machines. Jake, however, grabs one of the bars and rips it off with his bare hands. Sam stares at him, stunned.]

Jake: I'm not Superman or anything. It's no big deal.

Sam: You were in Afghanistan when this started?

Jake: Yeah, I started getting headaches. And then there was this accident. This guy flipped his vehicle on a bad road. He got pinned underneath. I lifted it off him like it was nothing. Everybody said it was a fluke adrenaline thing.

Sam: But then you did it again, right?

Jake: Bench-pressed 800 pounds, stone-cold calm. I never told anybody, of course. It was just too crazy.

Sam: Yeah. Crazy's relative.

Jake: I'm starting to get that.

Jake: By the way, I appreciate what you're doing here.

Sam: What am I doing?

Jake: Keeping calm. Keeping them calm. Especially considering how freaked to hell you really are. I've been in some deep crap before myself. I know the look.

Sam: [after a long pause]You wanna know the truth? I've got this brother, right? And he's always telling me how he's gonna watch out for me, how everything's gonna be okay. You know, kind of like I've been telling them.

Jake: Yeah?

Sam: I don't know if I believe it this time. I mean, the size of what's coming –- it's bigger than anyone has ever seen. I mean, it's gonna get bad. And I don't know if—

Jake: If we're gonna make it? It doesn't matter if we believe it. Only matters that they do.

[Later, Sam and Ava are in one of the houses, lining the doors and windows with salt.]

Ava: My horoscope said I shouldn't have gotten out of bed. [scoffs]How you doing? Holding up?

Sam: I'm okay. What about you?

Ava: Not so okay. Why us, Sam? What did we do to deserve this?

Sam: Just lucky, I guess.

Ava: If it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all. I just can't wait for this all to be over so I can just pretend it never happened. I just wanna curl up with Brady and watch bad TV. [She notices Sam shift uncomfortably.]What is it? Sam…do you know something that I don't?

Sam: Look, Ava…I'm sorry. I wish I didn't have to tell you this.

Ava: Tell me what?

Sam: When the demon broke into your house to take you…your fiancée didn't make it. I'm sorry.

Ava: No, that's…no! [Sam holds her while she sobs.]

[That night, the entire group is sitting in one room, silent. Sam is struggling to stay awake, closing his eyes every so often. Suddenly, in the corner of the room, he sees THE YELLOW-EYED Demon.]

Sam: Jake! Behind you! [Jake doesn't hear him.]

YED: Howdy, Sam.

Sam: I'm dreaming.

YED: What do you say you and I take a little walk?

[He leads Sam outside.]

YED: You're awfully quiet, Sam. You're not mad at me, are you?

Sam: I'm gonna tear you to shreds, I swear to—

YED: [Chuckles]When you wake up, tiger, you give it your best sh*t.

Sam: Where's my brother?

YED: Quit worrying about Dean. I'd worry more about yourself.

Sam: Why? You gonna k*ll me?

YED: I'm trying to help you. That's why we're talking. You're the one I'm rooting for.

Sam: What's that supposed to mean?

YED: Welcome to the Miss America pageant. Why do you think you're here? This is a competition. Only one of you crazy kids is gonna make it out of here alive.

Sam: I thought we were supposed to be—

YED: Soldiers in a coming w*r? That's true. You are. But here's the thing: I don't need soldiers. I need soldier. I just need the one.

Sam: Why?

YED: Well, I couldn't just come out and say that, could I, Sam? I had to let everyone think they had a fighting chance. But what I need is a leader.

Sam: To lead who?

YED: Oh, I've already got my army. Or I will soon, anyway.

Sam: You son of a bitch.

YED: Honestly, I'm surprised you hadn't guessed. I mean, why do you think so many children flamed out already? Max Miller and Andy's brother, what's-his-name -- they weren't strong enough. I'm looking for the best and brightest of your generation.

Sam: My generation?

YED: Well, there's other generations, but let's just worry about yours. That's why I'm here, Sam. I wanna give you the inside track. You're tough. You're smart. You're well-trained, thanks to your daddy. Sam –- Sammy –- you're my favorite.

Sam: You ruined my life. You k*lled everyone I love.

YED: The cost of doing business, I'm afraid. I mean, sweet little Jessica –- she just had to die. You were all set to marry that little blonde thing, become a tax Lawyer with two kids, a beer gut, and a little McMansion in the suburbs. I needed you sharp on the road, honing your skills. Your gifts.

Sam: What about my mom?

YED: That was bad luck.

Sam: Bad luck?

YED: She walked in on us. Wrong place, wrong time.

Sam: What does that mean?

YED: It wasn't about her. It was about you. It's always been about you.

Sam: What?

YED: Well…okay. You caught me in a charitable mood. I'll show you.

[The demon snaps his fingers, and he and Sam are suddenly in Sam's nursery, back on the night Mary d*ed.]

YED: Look familiar? It should.

[Sam watches his six-month-old self crying in his crib, while the Yellow-Eyed Demon from the past stands over him all those years ago.]

PRESENT YED: Relax, Sam, this is just a hi-def instant replay. Enjoy the show.

[Mary Winchester enters the room, looking tired.]

Mary: John?

Sam: [invisible to her]Mom!

Mary: Is he hungry?

PAST YED: Shh.

Mary: Okay. [leaves]

Sam: Wait, Mom. Mom!

PRESENT YED: What did I just tell you, Sam? She can't hear you. This isn't real.

[They watch as the PAST YED slices his own wrist with his nail. He drips some of the blood onto Baby Sam's mouth.]

Sam: What the hell are you doing to me?

PRESENT YED: Better than mother's milk.

Sam: Does this mean I have demon blood in me? [The demon Chuckles.]Answer me!

[Mary suddenly rushes back into the room. The PAST YED turns to her, revealing his colored eyes.]

Mary: It's you.

Sam: She knew you.

[Mary begins to walk closer, but the PAST YED forces her against the wall. They watch as she slowly moves up the wall, until she is pinned to the ceiling.]

Sam: No! No!

PRESENT YED: I don't think you wanna see the rest of this.

[He snaps his fingers again. Sam jolts awake in the abandoned South Dakota house.]

Jake: Sam, wake up! Ava's missing. [He and Sam go outside.]I'll take the barn and the hotel. You take the houses.

Sam: All right. Meet back here in ten minutes, okay?

Jake: Okay.

[Sam begins his walk to the houses. Ava peeks her head out from around the corner, but Sam doesn't see her.]

[Meanwhile, Andy has stayed back at the abandoned building. When he turns, Ava is standing in the room with him. She drags her finger along the salt on the windowsill, breaking the line.]

Andy: Ava, where'd you go? Didn't you hear us yelling?

Ava: Yeah, I heard you.

[She puts her hands to her head in concentration. A cloud of black demon smoke appears outside the window. Since the salt line has been broken, it is able to enter the room through the window.]

Andy: What are you doing?

[The smoke suddenly materializes into the demonic little girl.]

Andy: Holy…

[The demon girl knocks him down and wastes no time in k*lling him. His blood splatters everywhere until he is completely dead. Ava watches his corpse for a second, amused, then begins screaming.]

[Outside, Sam hears Ava screaming and hurries inside. He sees her crying, pointing at Andy's body.]

Ava: Sam! I just found him like this!

Sam: What happened?

Ava: I don't know!

Sam: How'd that thing get in? Where were you?

Ava: I just went to get some water from the well. I was only gone maybe, like, two minutes!

Sam: You shouldn't have gone outside. Ava, we have to stay in here. [He notices the salt on the window.]Who did that?

Ava: I don't know, maybe Andy—

Sam: Andy wouldn't do that. Ava, that line wasn't broken when I left. Ava.

Ava: What? You don't think that I—

Sam: I'll tell you what I think: five months. You're the only one with all that time you can't account for. And that headache you got? Right when the demon got Lily.

Ava: What are you trying to say?

Sam: What happened to you?

Ava: Nothing!

[Sam stares her down until a minute later, she drops the act.]

Ava: Had you going though, didn't I? [wiping her eyes]Yeah. I've been here a long time. And not alone, either. People just keep showing up. Children, like us. Batches of three or four at a time.

Sam: You k*lled them? All of them?

Ava: I'm the undefeated heavyweight champ.

Sam: Oh, my God.

Ava: Don't think God has much to do with this, Sam.

Sam: How could you?

Ava: I had no choice. It was me or them. After a while, it was easy. It was even kind of fun. I just stopped fighting it.

Sam: Fighting what?

Ava: Who we are, Sam. If you just quit your hand-wringing and open yourself up, you have no idea what you can do. The learning curve is so fast, it's crazy, the switches that just flip in your brain. I can't believe I started out just having dreams. Do you know what I can do now?

Sam: Control demons.

Ava: Ah, you are quick on the draw. [She puts her hands to her head.]Yeah, I'm sorry, Sam. But it's over.

[The cloud of black smoke returns to the window. Just as it is about to enter, Jake comes to the building. He grabs Ava and twists her neck, k*lling her instantly. The demonic smoke leaves the window and disappears.]

[Outside, near the edge of the woods, Bobby and Dean pull up in the Impala.]

Bobby: Looks like the rest of the way's on foot.

[They open the trunk and grab their weapons.]

Dean: Let's go.

[Back at the building, Sam and Jake leave and head outside.]

Sam: I think we can make it out of here now.

Jake: But the Acheri demon…

Sam: No, no, no. Ava was summoning it, controlling it. It shouldn't come back now that she's dead. We've gotta go.

Jake: Not "we", Sam. Only one of us is getting out of here. I'm sorry.

Sam: What?

Jake: I had a vision. That Yellow-Eyed Demon or whatever it was, he talked to me. He told me how it was.

Sam: No, Jake, listen. You can't listen to him.

Jake: Sam, he's not letting us go. Only one. Now, if we don't play along, he'll k*ll us both. Now, I like you, man. I do. But do the math here. What good's it do for both of us to die? Now, I can get out of here. I get close to the demon, I can k*ll the bastard.

Sam: You come with me, we can k*ll him together.

Jake: How do I know you won't turn on me?

Sam: I won't.

Jake: I don't know that.

Sam: Okay, look.

[He takes out his Kn*fe, shows it to Jake, and places it on the ground.]

Sam: Just come with me, Jake. Don't do this. Don't play into what it wants.

[After a pause, Jake places his w*apon on the ground as well. Sam looks very relieved.]

Sam: Okay.

[Suddenly, Jake punches him. With his super-strength, Sam goes flying across the field and crashes onto the ground. Jake approaches, kicking down the fence and leaning over Sam. Sam stands and fights back, punching Jake. The two continue fighting for a while until finally, Sam grabs the iron bar that Jake was using and knocks Jake out. He thinks of k*lling Jake with the iron rod but decides to leave him alone.]

[Down the street, Bobby and Dean are approaching.]

Dean: Sam!

Sam: Dean!

[Jake suddenly wakes up. He grabs the Kn*fe that Sam had placed on the ground.]

Dean: Sam, look out!

[Too late. Jake stabs the Kn*fe right through Sam's back.]

Dean: No!

[Jake twists the Kn*fe, creating a massive wound, before running away. Sam falls to his knees. While Bobby chases after Jake, Dean slides to the ground in front of Sam. He grabs at Sam's clothing, trying to keep him conscious.]

[Sam falls forward onto Dean's shoulder.]

Dean: Whoa, whoa, Sam. Sam! Hey! Come here. Let me look at you.

[He places his hand on Sam's wound, covering his entire palm in blood.]

Dean: Hey, look at me. It's not even that bad. It's not even that bad, all right? Sammy? Sam! Hey, listen to me. We're gonna patch you up, okay? You're gonna be good as new. I'm gonna take care of you. I'm gonna take you care of you. I've got you. That's my job, right? Watch out for my pain-in-the-ass little brother? Sam? Sam! Sammy!

[Sam's eyes slide shut. His entire body slumps forward.]

Dean: No. No, no, no, no. Oh, God.

[With tears streaming down his face, Dean holds Sam in his arms as he dies.]

TO BE CONTINUED

END OF EPISODE