04x13 - After School Supplies

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Supernatural". Aired: September 2005 to November 2020.*

Moderators: thehoundandthebird, coco96

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Two brothers follow their father's footsteps as "hunters" fighting evil supernatural beings of many kinds including monsters, demons, and gods that roam the earth.

04x13 - After School Supplies

Post by bunniefuu »

4.13 After School Special

Air Date: 29 Jan 2009

THEN

We see various scenes recounting Sam and Dean's childhood and relationship with John.

Sam: When I told Dad I was scared of the thing in my closet, he gave me a .45.

Dean: What was he supposed to do?

Sam: I was nine years old.

Sam: The w*apon training and melting the silver into b*ll*ts? Man, Dean, we were raised like warriors.

John: Lock the doors and windows, close the shades. And most important --

Young Dean: Watch out for Sammy.

Sam: I don't understand the blind faith you have in the man.

Dean: It's called being a good son.

Young Sam: Dad's gonna be here, right?

Young Dean: He'll be here. Promise.

Young Sam: Where is he, anyway?

Young Dean: On business.

Dean: And that's why you ran away.

Sam: I was just going to college. It was Dad who said if I was gonna go, I should stay gone.

John: Your brother and me -- We needed you. You walked away, Sam. You walked away!

Dean: Stop it, both of you.

Sam: You're the one who said don't come back, Dad. You're the one who closed that door, not me!

John: This is never the life that I wanted for you.

Young Dean: Look, I'm sure Dad would have been here if he could.

Teaser

TITLECARD: NOW

INT. SCHOOL CAFETERIA – DAY

It's lunch time, and the "popular" table is full of cheerleaders and jocks.

Girl 1: She's such a slut.

Boy 1: So? Personally, I'm very pro-slut. What happened, anyway?

Girl 1: She totally banged Jamie Jaffe, that's what. She gave him the reverse cowgirl and everything.

Taylor walks up to the table, looking for a place to sit down.

Girl 1: Hi, Taylor. How was your weekend?

Taylor: Fine, I guess.

Girl 1: You didn't... go to the rodeo?

Taylor: (to someone sitting at the table) That's my spot.

Girl 1: Sorry. This is a skeev-free zone.

Boy 1: Slut!

Table: Slut! Slut! Slut! Slut!

Taylor storms off, slams down her tray and sits down at another table. The only other person at the table is April, an overweight shy girl.

April: You shouldn't listen to those jerks.

Taylor: Leave me alone.

April: I just mean... I'm sorry, that's all.

Taylor: You? You're sorry? Don't you feel sorry for me, you fat, ugly pig.

April is upset, and leaves the table in a hurry.

INT. SCHOOL BATHROOM – DAY

Taylor is upset, looking at herself in the mirror. She has been crying. She doesn't see April approach her from one of the stalls.

April: Do you think I'm ugly?

Taylor: Look, I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean it, okay?

April grabs Taylor and slams her around, hitting her head hard on the mirror and sink, then dragging her to one of the stalls. Taylor screams.

Taylor: Aah! Aah!

April: I'm not ugly.

April holds Taylor's head under water in the toilet until Taylor stops struggling. She lets Taylor fall to the ground, looks down at the unmoving Taylor, and black goo (ectoplasm) comes out of one of her eyes.

April: You're ugly.

SUPERNATURAL

EXT. HOSPITAL – DAY

We see an outside sh*t of the hospital.

INT. HOSPITAL ROOM – DAY

Sam is in hospital whites, dressed as an orderly. He is sitting in a chair with a clipboard talking to April.

April: I'm not talking about it anymore. I already told the cops and the Doctors. No one believes me. They think I'm crazy.

Sam: Well, I'm a little bit more open-minded than most. April, why did you tell the police you were possessed?

April: It doesn't matter.

Sam: It matters to me.

April: When I -- when I hurt Taylor, I was there, in my head, but I couldn't control my body. I could see what I was doing, but I couldn't stop. I just wanted to stop. I'm sorry.

Sam: You don't need to apologize. April, some of the kids at school told the police that you and Taylor didn't get along.

April: Well, yeah, but I never wanted to k*ll her. Never. Do you believe me?

Sam: Yeah, I do. Just a couple more questions. On the day this happened, did you... happen to smell anything?

April: Anything... like what?

Sam: Like rotten eggs or... sulfur?

April: Um, no.

Sam: Okay. Um, did you notice any black smoke?

April: What are you, crazy?

INT. Impala – DAY

Sam approaches the Impala, where Dean is waiting for him, and climbs in the passenger door.

Dean: So?

Sam: I think she's telling the truth. I mean, the way she talked about being there mentally but not physically -- kind of sounds like demonic possession to me.

Dean: Kind of?

Sam: She didn't see any black smoke or smell sulfur.

Dean: Maybe it's not a demon. I mean, kids can be vicious.

Sam: Well, I mean, we're already here. Might as well check out the school.

Dean: Right. The school.

Sam: What?

Dean: Truman High, home of the Bombers.

Sam: What's your point?

Dean: I mean, we went there, like... for a month a million years ago. Why are you so jazzed to go back?

Sam: I'm not. I just think it's worth looking into.

Dean: All right, well, what's our cover? FBI? Homeland Security? Swedish exchange students?

Sam: Don't worry. I got an idea.

Dean: Okay.

They drive off.

FLASHBACK – EXT. SCHOOL – DAY

"Long, Long Way from Home" (Foreigner) plays while the Impala drives up to the front of the school. Young Sam and Young Dean get out of the car. The driver isn't shown, but it's hinted that it's a younger John.

TITLE CARD: TRUMAN HIGH SCHOOL 1997

Young Dean (looks in car window): Thanks, Dad.

Young Dean and Young Sam start walking towards the school.

Young Dean (to Young Sam): Got your lunch? Books? Butterfly Kn*fe?

Young Sam: Yeah, Dean.

Young Dean: You okay?

Young Sam: Sure.

Young Dean: Sammy...

Young Sam: I mean, look, this is the third school we've been to this year, and it's only November. I'm just sick of always being the new kid.

Young Dean: You'll be fine. If anyone gives you any trouble, you let me know. Relax. Dad said this hunt will take him two weeks, tops. As soon as he gets back, we're out of here.

Young Sam: To another school. Awesome.

FLASHBACK – INT. SCHOOL Class ROOMS – DAY

The scene changes back and forth from Young Sam's and Young Dean's classrooms as they are introduced. First up is Young Sam, as he stands in front of a classroom while being introduced by the teacher, Mr. Wyatt.

Mr. Wyatt: Ladies and gentlemen, please say hello to Sam Winchester.

Class: Hi, Sam. Hi, Sam. Hi, Sam. Hi, Sam.

FLASHBACK – INT. Young Dean's Class ROOM – DAY

Young Dean stands in front of his class, while his teacher, an older woman, talks to the class.

Dean's Teacher: Class, say hello to our new student, Dean Winchester. Dean, is there anything you'd like to tell us about yourself?

Young Dean: Not really, sweetheart.

Dean's Teacher: Take your seat.

FLASHBACK – INT. Young Sam's Class ROOM – DAY

Young Sam stands in the front of the class, obviously uncomfortable.

Mr. Wyatt: Is there anything you'd like to tell us about yourself?

Young Sam: Not really.

Mr. Wyatt: Okay. Uh, grab a seat.

Young Dean walks down the aisle, and takes an empty seat.

Young Sam walks down the aisle to an empty desk. He places his backpack on the desk; his Kn*fe falls out on the seat. He quickly grabs it and hides it, but not before Barry, who is sitting next to Young Sam, sees it.

Barry: Whoa, that's yours? Awesome!

Dean's Teacher: Dean, where are your books?

Young Dean: Don't need 'em, sugar. Not gonna be here long enough anyway.

Dean notices Amanda, and they share a look.

Mr. Wyatt: All right, g*ng... essay assignment.

Class: Aw! Aw! Aw! Aw!

Mr. Wyatt: Yeah, yeah, my heart breaks for you.

Barry (whispers to Young Sam)

Hey... I'm Barry.

Young Sam: Sam.

Mr. Wyatt: Okay, now, I want three pages of your most memorable family experience. Just a reminder though, this is going to be worth half your final grade… (he keeps talking in the background)

Dirk starts flicking Barry's ear while Mr. Wyatt is talking.

Young Sam (to Dirk)

Leave him alone.

Dirk: Shh, I'm going for a record.

Mr. Wyatt: I don't care what you write about, or even how you write about it. I'm looking for the brutal, funny, maybe even painful, truth. OK everybody, any questions? OK, let's get started.

Young Sam: I said, leave him alone.

Dirk: You want to take his place... midget?

Young Sam: Yeah. Sure.

INT. SCHOOL HALLWAY – DAY

Sam walks down a school hallway just as the bell rings dismissing class. He is dressed as a janitor and is pushing a janitor's cart. He passes Mr. Wyatt's room, where class is getting out. It is the Same Mr. Wyatt we saw before, but older.

INT. SCHOOL GYM – DAY

Dean is dressed in a white shirt and tight red shorts. He has a red headband on his head. He blows a whistle, then addresses the class.

Dean: Today, you will have the honor of playing one of the greatest games ever invented. A game of skill, agility, cunning. A game with one simple rule... dodge.

Dean throws the ball into Class Mate 1's stomach. He doesn't dodge.

Class Mate 1: Ugh!

Dean: Sorry.

Colby: Uh, Substitute Coach Roth...

Dean: Yes?

Colby: Ms. Boudreaux never let us play dodge ball.

Dean: Well, Ms. B's in Massachusetts getting married, so we're playing.

Colby: She says it's dangerous.

Dean (blows whistle)

Take a lap!

Colby: But --

Sam enters the gym, and gets Dean's attention. Dean throws the bag of balls to the class.

Dean: Go nuts.

Sam: Having fun?

Dean: The whistle makes me their god.

Sam: Right. Nice shorts.

Dean: Find anything?

Sam: I've been over the entire school twice. No sulfur.

Dean: No sulfur, no demon. No demon, no case.

Sam: I don't know. Maybe I was wrong.

Dean: Well, it happens to the best of us. I say we hit the road, huh? But after lunch -- it's sloppy-joe day.

Colby: Ohh! (he runs by Sam and Dean holding his nose)

Dean: Good hustle, Colby! Walk it off!

INT. SCHOOL CLASSROOM – DAY

The scene opens to a Cuisinart spinning. It pans back to two students talking.

Boy 1: Hey, I need to copy your algebra homework again. (hits Boy 2 to get his attention) Hey!

Boy 2: Why? Cause you're a stupid, brain-dead d*ck?

Boy 1: I'm gonna shove my fist down your throat, you little freak.

Boy 2: That fist?

Boy 1: Yeah.

Boy 2 looks at Boy 1 and grins (not a happy grin, but a devilish grin) and grabs Boy 1's hand and pushes it in the spinning Cuisinart. Blood goes everywhere, and Boy 1 starts screaming. A classmate helps Boy 1 out, and everyone else runs out. Boy 2 looks woozy, then falls down. Sam arrives just as he is going down. He runs over to Boy 2 and sees black goo (ectoplasm) oozing from Boy 2's ear.

Boy 2: What happened?

Sam and Dean walk down a deserted school hallway.

Sam: How's the nonviolence assembly going?

Dean: Apparently, shoving a kid's arm into a Cuisinart is not a "healthy display of anger." So, the kid had ectoplasm leaking out his ear?

Sam: Which only comes from a seriously pissed-off spirit. It's got to be ghost possession.

Dean: Yeah, but that's pretty rare.

Sam: Yeah, but it happens. I mean, they get angry enough, they can take control of a person's body.

Dean: All right, so, what, we got a ghost in the building?

Sam: Yeah, but where? I mean, there's no EMF. Maybe we could find out who it is, at least. You know, check and see if somebody d*ed bloody around here or something.

Dean: Way ahead of you. I had to break into the principal's office to get this. Oh, and FYI, three of the cheerleaders are legal. Guess which ones.

Sam: No.

Dean: (unfolds paper he took from his pocket) So, there was only one death on campus. It was a su1c1de back in '98. Some kid named Barry Cook. What?

Sam (sighs)

I knew him. How did he die?

Dean: He slit his wrists in the first-floor girls' bathroom.

Sam: That's where --

Dean: Right where the chick got swirleyed to death, exactly. So, what? This ghost is possessing nerds?

Sam: And using them to go after bullies, yeah.

Dean: Well, does that sound like Barry's M.O.?

Sam: Barry had a hard time.

FLASHBACK – INT. SCHOOL HALLWAY – DAY

It's between classes and there are students in the hallway. Barry is walking down the hall, and another student bumps him and makes him drop his books. Young Sam sees this and helps him pick up his stuff.

Barry: Thanks, Sam.

Young Sam: Great school.

Barry: I don't care. Three years, and I'm out of here. I'm going to Michigan State. They got the best vet program in the country.

Young Sam: Do you like animals?

Barry: They're a lot nicer than people.

FLASHBACK – INT. JANITORS CLOSET – DAY

Young Dean and Amanda are making out.

Young Dean: So tonight I'm thinking you, me, a bucket of popcorn, extra butter...

Amanda: Mm, kinky.

Young Dean: ..and the midnight screening of "I Spit on Your Grave" at the Cinedome.

Amanda: I can't. I have a curfew... at 11:00.

Young Dean: So?

Amanda: So if I break it, my folks will ground me for a month.

Young Dean: Yeah, parents. Terrifying.

Amanda: Mm-hmm. Well, when's your curfew?

Young Dean: I don't have one.

Amanda: Your parents just let you stay out all night, don't they?

Young Dean: My Dad's out of town on a job. It's just me and my brother.

Amanda: For how long?

Young Dean: Couple of weeks.

Amanda: Seriously?

Young Dean: Yeah, we got a pretty sweet setup at The Pines.

Amanda: The motel?

Young Dean: Mm-hmm. HBO, magic fingers, free ice -- it's great.

Amanda: Yeah... I guess.

Young Dean: What? I do whatever I want, whenever I want. It's perfect.

Amanda: Yeah, but... don't you miss your Dad?

Young Dean and Amanda emerge from the closet, just as Young Sam and Barry walk by.

Young Dean: Yo! Sammy!

Young Dean and Amanda walk off.

Barry: That's your brother with Amanda Heckerling? He's cool.

Young Sam: Yeah. He thinks so.

Dirk: Hey, tough guy. I been looking for you. Still want to take Barry's place?

Young Sam: Get out of here, Barry.

Barry: I'll go get a teacher.

Dirk: You want to go?

Young Sam: I'm not gonna fight you, Dirk.

Dirk: Why not? You chicken? Come on!

Young Sam: No.

Dirk hits Young Sam, who falls to the ground. He stays there, looking up at Dirk.

Dirk: Get up! Get up! Come on! Get up!

Mr. Wyatt: Hey, get back! Get back. That is enough.

Mr. Wyatt takes off after Dirk, who has turned and walked away. Young Sam watches them walk off.
EXT. GRAVEYARD – NIGHT

Dean and Sam are standing at Barry's grave, where they have already dug up his coffin. Sam puts in the salt and fuel, Dean throws in the lighted match.

Dean: So long, Barry Cook.

INT. Impala – NIGHT

The Impala drives down a dark road, and Sam and Dean ride inside.

Dean: You all right?

Sam: Barry was my friend. I just b*rned his bones.

Dean: Well, he's at peace now, Sam.

Sam: I mean, if Dad had let us stay just a little while longer, maybe I could have helped the kid, you know?

Dean: You read the coroner's report Same as me. Barry was on every anxiety drug and antidepressant known to man. School was hell for that kid. His parents had split up. He just wanted out. It was tragic, but it's not your fault. To tell you the truth, I'm glad we got out of that town. I hated that school.

Sam: It wasn't all bad.

Dean: How can you say that after what happened to you?

Sam looks over at Dean, remembering that day.

FLASHBACK – EXT. SCHOOL YARD – DAY

Young Sam and Young Dean are sitting on a small bleacher by the school.

Young Dean: That kid's dead.

Young Sam: Dean.

Young Dean: I'm gonna rip his lungs out!

Young Sam: It's not a big deal.

Young Dean: Not a big deal? Sammy, look at yourself. If Dad was here --

Young Sam: He's not.

Young Dean: Well, I am! And as soon I'm finished with that d*ck --

Young Sam: Shut up, okay?! I don't need your help.

Young Dean: That's right, you don't. You could have torn him apart. So why didn't you?

Young Sam: Because I don't want to be the freak for once, Dean. I want to be normal.

Young Dean: So taking a b*ating -- that's normal?

Young Sam: Any word from Dad?

Young Dean: He called this morning, said he's going to be another week at least. We weren't supposed to be here this long.

Young Sam: At least you've got Amanda. She's cool.

Young Dean: Dude, she wants me to meet her parents. I don't do parents.

FLASHBACK – INT. Class ROOM – DAY

Mr. Wyatt's classroom, class is over and students are leaving.

Mr. Wyatt: Mr. Winchester, can I talk to you?

Sam walks up to Mr. Wyatt's desk. Barry is walking behind him.

Barry: Um... I'll wait for you outside.

Young Sam: Look, if this is about the fight, I didn't start it.

Mr. Wyatt: Oh, no, it's not about the fight, Sam. You know this assignment was nonfiction, right?

Young Sam: Yes, Mr. Wyatt.

Mr. Wyatt: So you and your family k*lled a werewolf last summer, huh? Why would you write something like this, Sam?

Young Sam: It doesn't matter. As soon as my Dad gets back, we're leaving, so you can flunk me if you want to.

Mr. Wyatt: I'm not flunking you. I'm giving you an "A." Now, aside from the werewolf, is that really how you'd describe your family?

Young Sam: Yeah.

Mr. Wyatt: Well, your brother is quite a character. And your father -- he seems, uh, driven. Anyway, it's good, Sam. It's really good. Have you ever thought about pursuing writing?

Young Sam: I can't. I have to go into the family business.

Mr. Wyatt: Family business?

Young Sam: Yeah, my, aah -- my dad's a mechanic. So I have to be a mechanic, too.

Mr. Wyatt: Do you want to go in the family business, Sam?

Young Sam: No one's ever asked me that before.

Mr. Wyatt: Well?

Young Sam: More than anything, no.

Mr. Wyatt: Well... I don't want to overstep my bounds here, but... you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. Look, I mean, I know what it's like. I come from a family of surgeons, and that wasn't me. So, you know, I traded in the money and prestige of being a Doctor for all the glamour you see around you.

But the point is... there may be three or four big choices that shape someone's whole life, and you need to be the one that makes them, not anyone else. You seem like a great kid, Sam. Just live the life you want to live.

EXT. Impala – DAY

Sam and Dean drive up to the school.

Dean: We came back here so you could talk to a teacher?

Sam: He's a good guy.

Dean: Well, whatever. Go have your Robin Williams "O captain! My captain!" moment. Just make it quick.

Sam is walking down a deserted hallway and he looks deep in thought – he runs his hand through his hair as he walks. The scene changes to a flashback of Young Sam walking down the Same hall, running his hand through his hair the Same way. We change back to Sam, and he is approached by a Young Woman.

Young Woman: Excuse me, sir, can you tell me find room 305?

Sam: Sure. Um... head down the hall, take your first right, and it's the third door on the left.

Young Woman: Thanks, Sam.

She takes out a Kn*fe and stabs him in the stomach.

Young Woman: You got tall, Winchester.

She kicks Sam in the face. He falls to the ground. He opens a small jar he grabs from his jacket pocket, and when Young Woman approaches, he grabs her and forces the salt in her mouth. The GHOST looks like it is ripped from her body and flies out the door. She collapses, and Sam sits in the hall holding her, looking around.

EXT. WOODS – DAY

Sam and Dean are sitting on the Impala, enjoying a beverage and talking.

Dean: Trust me. This will help. That ghost is dead. I'm gonna rip its lungs out! Well, you know what I mean.

Sam: It knew my name, Dean. My real name. We b*rned Barry's bones. What the hell?

Dean: Well, maybe it wasn't Barry. Maybe we missed something. We just got to go back. (he is reviewing a file while talking) No way. How did we not see this before?

Sam: What?

Dean: Check it out -- Look, Martha Dumptruck, Revenge of the Nerds, and Hello Kitty -- they rode the Same bus.

Sam: Okay, so maybe the bus is haunted.

Dean: Well, that would explain why there's no EMF at the school, but not the att*cks. I mean, ghosts are tied to the places that they haunt. They can't just bail.

Sam: Unless this one can. Dean, there's lore about spirits possessing people and riding them for miles, then whenever they leave the body, they're bungeed back to their usual haunt. But until then, the ghosts can go wherever they want.

Dean: So a spook just grabs a kid on the bus and walks right into Truman?

Sam: It's possible.

Dean: Ghosts getting creative -- well, that's super.

INT. SCHOOL BUS – DAY

Sam is in the back of the bus with an EMF meter. Dean is up front, searching for some clue of the ghost.

Sam: Definitely ain't clean.

Dean: Here, ghosty, ghosty, ghosty! Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Sam: Man, I don't get it. No one ever d*ed on this bus, and it's not like there's a body hidden in here.

Dean: Yeah, but a flap of skin, a hair, I mean, hell, a hangnail -- something's got to be tying the ghost to this place. We just got to find it.

Sam: Yeah.

Dean (looking through papers at the front of the bus)

Got a new driving permit. Issued two weeks ago.

Sam: Just before the first att*ck.

Dean: Yeah. Name of the bus driver is Dirk McGregor Sr., 39 North Central Avenue.

Sam: McGregor?

Dean: Yeah. Why?

Sam: I knew his son.

Dean: Did you know everybody at this school?

FLASHBACK – EXT. SCHOOL – DAY

School is letting out. Dirk pushes Barry down.

Dirk (to Barry)

Got to watch where you're going, man.

Young Sam: Leave him alone, Dirk.

Dirk: You never learn, do you, midget?

Young Sam: Get to the bus, Barry.

Barry runs off, and Dirk pushes down Young Sam.

Dirk: What's the matter? You scared? Don't worry. I'll go easy on you this time. Come on, Lose-chester. Let's see what you got. Come on, freak! Freak!

Young Sam gets up and starts fighting with Dirk. Young Sam is clearly the better fighter, connecting with hard punches, while Dirk swings at the air. Sam knocks Dirk down.

Young Sam: You're not tough. You're just a jerk. "Dirk the jerk."

Kids in the crowd pick up the chant, saying "Dirk the jerk", "That's pretty good", etc. Then the crowd start chanting "Dirk the jerk" while Dirk runs off.

INT. LIVING ROOM – DAY

Sam and Dean are in Mr. McGregor's living room.

Mr. McGregor: So, you were friends with Dirk?

Sam: Yes, sir, in high school.

Mr. McGregor: I don't recall Dirk having many friends at Truman. Here, sit. Sit down.

Dean: When did, uh -- when did Dirk pass?

Mr. McGregor: He was 18.

Sam: What happened to him?

Mr. McGregor: Well, there was, first, drinking, then dr*gs, and then too many dr*gs. And then he just slipped through my fingers. It was my fault. I should have seen it coming, you know? Dirk, he, uh -- he had his troubles.

Dean: What kind of troubles?

Mr. McGregor: School was never easy for Dirk. We didn't have much money, and, well, you know, kids -- they can be cruel. They picked on him.

Sam: They picked on him?

Mr. McGregor: They called him poor and dirty and stupid. They even had a nickname for him -- Dirk the jerk. And after what happened to his mother, he…

Sam: His mother?

Mr. McGregor: Yeah, Jane, my wife. She d*ed when Dirk was 13. Cancer. I was working three jobs, so it fell to Dirk to take care of her. And he was a great kid. He made sure Jane got her medicine. He helped her, cleaned up after her. But, you know, you -- you watch somebody die slow, waste away to nothing... it does things to a person. Horrible things.

Sam: I didn't know about his mother.

Mr. McGregor: He -- he wouldn't talk about her, not even to me. Lot of anger in that boy.

Sam: I'm sorry.

Dean: Well, we'd really like to pay our respects, Mr. McGregor. Um, you mind telling us where Dirk is buried?

Mr. McGregor: Oh, he wasn't. I had him cremated.

Dean: All of him?

Mr. McGregor: Well, I kept a lock of his hair.

Dean: Oh, that's -- that's nice. Where do you keep that?

Mr. McGregor: On my bus, in my Bible.

INT. SCHOOL BUS – NIGHT

Eddie is driving the team bus.

Coach: Thanks for subbing tonight, Eddie.

Eddie: My pleasure, Coach.

Eddie smiles a grin like he is up to no good.

CUT TO: The bus is driving fast down the road.

Coach: Eddie, you want to ease up on the pedal, there?

Eddie: I got it all under control.

The bus drives over a spike strip and the tires blow. The bus swerves and comes to a stop.

Someone on bus: What the hell was that?

Someone else on bus: Everyone okay?

The driver opens the bus door and steps out of the bus. Dirk is in the driver. Sam walks up and cocks his shotgun.

Sam: Dirk!

Dirk (IN Eddie)

Winchester. What are you gonna do, sh**t me?

Dean sneaks up behind Dirk and wraps a rope around his middle.

Sam: Don't need to. That rope is soaked in salt water, Dirk. You're not going anywhere.

Dean sticks his head in the bus and addresses the team.

Dean: All right, everybody stay where you are. You'll be okay.

Someone on bus: Aren't you the P.E. Teacher?

Dean: Not really. I'm like "21 Jump Street." The bus driver sells pot. Yeah.

Dean looks for the lock of hair on the bus.

Dean: It's not here!

Sam: Where is it?

Dirk: No way you'll ever find it.

Sam (pushes the shotgun up to Dirk's chest)

Where is it?!

Dirk: Sam Winchester. Still a bully. You, you jocks... you popular kids... you always thought you were better than everybody else. And to you, I was just Dirk the jerk, right? Now you evil sons of b*tches are gonna get what's coming to you.

Sam: I'm not evil, Dirk. I'm not. And neither were you. Trust me. I've seen real evil. We were scared and miserable, and we took it out on each other -- us and everybody else. That's high school. But you suffer through that, and it gets better. I'm just sorry you didn't get a chance to see that... you or Barry.

Dirk: Nothing is gonna get better for me. Not ever.

Dirk breaks out of the rope. Sam fires salt at him, and GHOST Dirk flies back to the bus. GHOST Dirk enters a student on the bus. The student gets off the bus and att*cks Sam from behind. He starts b*ating Sam up. Dean fires a salt sh*t at him but misses.

Sam: Dean! Find the hair!

Dean goes to Eddie, who is still lying down on the ground, and starts looking in his pockets for the lock of hair.

Dean: Hey, buddy, this isn't what it looks like.

Dean finds the lock of hair, takes out his lighter, and sets it on fire. GHOST Dirk screams and flies out of the student. The student falls on Sam. The team must have been the football or wrestling team, because the student was big. Sam calls out from under the student.

Sam: Little help?

Dean: He's giving you the full cowgirl.

FLASHBACK – INT. JANITOR's CLOSET – DAY

Young Dean is kissing a young girl that is not Amanda. There is a knock at the door.

Young Dean: Five more minutes, Jerry.

Amanda opens the door and Young Dean pulls away from the girl he was kissing. They walk out of the closet into the hallway.

Young Dean: Amanda, hey! (to other young woman) Gettysburg address, 1863, right? (to Amanda) History test next period. We're studying. Come on, baby. She means nothing to me. Don't be mad.

Amanda: I'm not mad, Dean. I thought maybe... underneath your whole "I could give a crap," bad-boy thing, that there was something more going on. I mean, like the way you are with your brother. But I was wrong. And you spend so much time trying to convince people that you're cool, but it's just an act. We both know that you're just a sad... lonely little kid. And I feel sorry for you, Dean.

Young Dean: You feel sorry for me, huh? Don't feel sorry for me. You don't know anything about me. I save lives. I'm a hero. A hero!

Amanda walks off to her friends who are standing nearby. They all look at Young Dean like he is a jerk.

Young Dean: What? What?!

The hallway is full of students. We see Young Sam walking down the hall, and as he passes, students say things like "good job buddy", "Sam, great job with Dirk the jerk" and slap his hand. We see Young Dean observing this. He is still obviously upset. Dean gets a call on his cell.

Young Dean: Dad? Finally.

EXT. SCHOOL – DAY

Young Dean and Young Sam are waiting outside as the Impala drives up. As they get in the car, Young Sam sees Barry at an upstairs window. He waves to him, and Barry waves back.

Dean: I can't wait to get the hell out of here. This place sucks. Come on, Sam.

Young Dean gets in the car.

Dean: Come on, Sam!

INT. Class ROOM – DAY

Mr. Wyatt is alone in his classroom at his desk, grading papers. Sam knocks on the door and enters.

Sam: Uh, Mr. Wyatt?

Mr. Wyatt: Yes.

Sam: You probably don't remember me, um, but my name is Sam Winchester, and I just wanted to thank you.

Mr. Wyatt: For?

Sam: I was a student here, and uh, you gave me some advice once.

Mr. Wyatt: Winchester, right. Right. Yeah. You, uh -- you wrote that horror story.

Sam: Yeah. Yeah, I did. Yeah, it's kind of all been one long horror story.

Mr. Wyatt: What do you mean?

Sam: Nothing. Sorry.

Mr. Wyatt: So, what was this advice? I might need to plagiarize myself down the line.

Sam: You told me that I didn't have to go into the family business. You said I should make my own choices.

Mr. Wyatt: So you've managed to do your own thing, then, huh?

Sam: Yeah, for a while, yeah. And I think I went to college because of you. But, you know, people grow up.

Mr. Wyatt: Yeah.

Sam: Responsibilities. But still, um... you took an interest in me when no one else did. That matters, so thank you.

Mr. Wyatt: Well, you know, the only thing that really matters is that you're happy. Are you happy, Sam?

Sam does not reply.