07x15 - Repo Man

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Supernatural". Aired: September 2005 to November 2020.*

Moderators: thehoundandthebird, coco96

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

Two brothers follow their father's footsteps as "hunters" fighting evil supernatural beings of many kinds including monsters, demons, and gods that roam the earth.

07x15 - Repo Man

Post by bunniefuu »

7.15 Repo Man

Air Date: 17 February 2012

NOW

Four Years Ago

EXT. – NIGHT

A woman driving a station wagon pulls up behind the Impala, which is parked in a wooded area.

Coeur D'Alene, Idaho

The woman walks to the front door of a house. Sam opens it.

Sam: Ms Havelock, you shouldn't have come.

INT. HOUSE – NIGHT

Ms. HAVELOCK enters and Sam closes the door behind her.

Ms. HAVELOCK: I needed to see it for myself – after all that tracking, all those hours we spent. I mean, it's one thing to study them in books. It's...

Dean is sharpening a Kn*fe. A POSSESSED Man with blood on his hands, arms and face is tied to a chair with leather cuffs.

POSSESSED Man: Do I smell menopause?

Sam and Ms. HAVELOCK are standing in the doorway.

POSSESSED Man: Well, if it isn't the Wiccan bitch of the west. Ms Havelock, I know you're the one that helped them find me.

The camera pans to the body of a woman, covered with a tablecloth, on the kitchen table.

Ms. HAVELOCK: My God...

POSSESSED Man: Not in time to save our big girl here, but still, you get a merit badge.

The chair in which the POSSESSED Man is tied is in a devil's trap on the floor.

Ms. HAVELOCK walks over to the POSSESSED Man and speaks close to his face.

Ms. HAVELOCK: They caught you, you son of a bitch! No more murders! And you're going back to Hell.

POSSESSED Man: Oh, Nora, Nora... I'm gonna scoop you out like a pumpkin. You know that?

The POSSESSED MAN's eyes turn black and he growls threateningly. NORA HAVELOCK jumps back and leaves the room with a shriek. The POSSESSED Man laughs.

Dean: Yeah, your, uh, scooping days are over, Gomer. All you got to worry about now... is us.

Sam watches from the window as NORA HAVELOCK drives away.

Dean: You ain't the first demon we've tracked down on this safari.

Sam: That's right. As a matter of fact, I think you put us over half a dozen.

POSSESSED Man: Looking for Lilith in all the wrong places.

Dean: Well, you're gonna help us with that.

POSSESSED Man: If things are about to get messy, maybe you should meet the owner of this fleshy temple. A puppy of a man. You'll like him.

The POSSESSED Man looks down, groans and then looks up with a grimace.

Sam: Jeffrey? Jeffrey, is that you?

Sam crouches down in front of the POSSESSED Man, JEFFREY. JEFFREY sees the body of the woman on the table.

JEFFREY: Oh God. No. You have to stop him.

Sam: We will. We're going to, okay? We're gonna send that demon back to Hell.

JEFFREY: Okay. Please don't hurt me.

Sam: Jeffrey, before we can let him go... Look, the demon knows where we can find more of his kind, okay?

Dean: See, we're hunting them – all of them. He's not gonna give up his Rolodex easy. Jeffrey, we're gonna have to cut in to him. That means you.

JEFFREY: Oh, the things he made me do to those women. Whatever you have to do... You have to do it. Please just stop this evil piece of...

JEFFREY chokes as the demon takes control of his body again. His eyes turn black.

JEFFREY, POSSESSED: And on and on and on.

Sam stands up.

JEFFREY, POSSESSED: Frankly, he can get tedious with this whole "good and evil" thing.

Dean: You know, you were right. I like Jeffrey. He's a decent guy. In fact, he just signed off on his temple.

Dean pours holy water on his Kn*fe.

JEFFREY, POSSESSED: Uh...

Dean stabs at JEFFREY with the Kn*fe. JEFFREY cries out and sizzles from the holy water. Dean throws more holy water at JEFFREY, then punches him. Sam also punches JEFFREY, then empties holy water from a flask onto his head. Dean slashes at JEFFREY with the Kn*fe.

Dean: She's got other lieutenants. We already know that.

Sam: We want names.

Sam and then Dean punch JEFFREY again. Sam pours more holy water onto JEFFREY's head. JEFFREY screams. Dean holds up a branding iron.

JEFFREY, POSSESSED: All right! All right! His name is Merrick! I swear! You'll find him in New Orleans!

Dean (reading from a book): Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis!

Black smoke pours from JEFFREY's mouth and becomes the: SUPERNATURAL

ACT ONE

CAR – NIGHT

Dean: Jeffrey? Jeffrey, you awake?

Dean is driving the Impala. JEFFREY is lying down in the back seat. JEFFREY coughs and splutters.

Dean: Hey, you passed out. You're in shock.

JEFFREY: He's – he's gone?

Dean: We exorcised him. Try not to move, okay? We're almost to the hospital.

JEFFREY moans.

JEFFREY: Your... your brother?

Dean: My brother stayed back to clean us out of that crime scene. There's no reason to go down for a demon's murders, you know what I mean?

The Impala pulls up outside the CDA Regional Hospital emergency entrance. Dean helps JEFFREY out of the car and holds him upright.

Dean: All right. All right, take it easy. All right, you're good to make it from here, right?

JEFFREY nods.

Dean: Okay, Jeffrey, no demon talk in the E.R., you understand me? You were mugged.

JEFFREY: Okay.

Dean: Okay.

Dean takes his hands away and gets back in the car.

JEFFREY: All right. Um, uh, thank you.

JEFFREY gives a brief wave and stumbles forward.

Coeur D'Alene, Idaho

Present Day

INT. MOTEL ROOM – NIGHT

Dean and Sam open the door and look inside. Dean turns on the light. They go inside. Dean's phone rings.

Dean: "Classified server"? Got to be Devereaux, right?

Dean (on phone): Hello?

Thank God.

Frank...

Dean takes a radio receiver from Sam.

Dean (on phone): Frank, what do you got for me?

Sam's hallucination of Lucifer, HALLUCIFER, is in the room.

HALLUCIFER: It's nice.

Dean (on phone): Frank, you're breaking up.

HALLUCIFER: Kind of like a men's room with beds.

Sam takes folders out of his bag. HALLUCIFER peels a green mark off the wall.

HALLUCIFER: Hmm, avocado grime.

Sam opens a folder, which contains a bloody photo of flesh and autopsy report, and puts it on top of another open folder on a bed.

HALLUCIFER: Takes years to build up a patina like this.

HALLUCIFER puts the grime in his mouth. Sam presses hard on his left palm with his right hand and HALLUCIFER flickers and disappears.

Dean (on phone): What do you mean you can't find him? It's d*ck Roman. Turn on CNN. Didn't you see him at that, uh, press conference in Phoenix? The bastard's everywhere.

You sure?

No, I-I-I don't...

Sam continues to lay out folders on the bed.

Dean (on phone): I don't care that they've infiltrated the luxury boat industry, Frank.

Great. Call Kanye.

Dean hangs up.

Sam: Frank's still stumped on Roman?

Dean: Yeah. All right, let's do this.

Sam: Okay, um, look at the victim profiles.

We see crime scene photos from the folders of two bloodstained women's bodies.

Sam: Same age, Same hair color, body type. The ritual mutilations line up exactly.

Dean: Who down there would've let our demon out of the can? He squealed on his superiors. We made sure of that. I mean, he should be down under until, uh, trumpet day.

Sam: But two women k*lled in the last two weeks, Same parts missing, I mean, Same old hunting grounds, even.

Dean: All right, well, we can take a swing at it. But you know it's all about the Leviathans now, okay? They're the ones we need to be hunting.

Sam: Yeah, but, no – I mean, not right now. This one's ours, Dean. It's unfinished business, apparently.

Dean: All right.

We see a close-up of a radio receiver. The screen lights up.

MALE Voice ON Radio: This is Unit 32. Repeat, Unit 32.

The camera pans out. The radio receiver is on the desk in the motel room, and Sam and Dean are asleep under the covers in the beds.

MALE Voice ON Radio: We've got another one.

Sam opens his eyes.

MALE Voice ON Radio: That's a 187. Female Caucasian...

Dean opens his eyes.

MALE Voice ON Radio: ...maybe late 30s, at the Henley Auto-Wash.

Female Voice ON Radio: Unit 32, assistance is en route.

Sam turns on the light between the beds.

MALE Voice ON Radio: We got a real mess here, dispatch.

EXT. CRIME SCENE – DAY

A body mostly covered with a bloodstained sheet lies on the ground and a police team works around it. Sam and Dean, dressed in their FBI suits, hold up their badges and an officer lifts the "Do Not Cross" line for them to duck under.

Sam: Thanks.

Dean: You know, every time we do this, I wonder if today's the day. We walk up, flash our tin to a bunch of chompers pretending to be policemen.

Sam: I hear you.

A Detective grabs Sam by the shoulder and Sam turns to face him. HALLUCIFER is leaning against a coroner's vehicle behind the Detective.

Detective: Thought you guys might show up. It's the drummer boys: agents, uh, Bonham... and Watts, right?

Sam: Yeah.

Dean: Yeah, absolutely.

Sam: Uh, it's a pleasure to see you again, Detective...

HALLUCIFER: Sutton.

Sam: You know what? Pardon me. Uh, what was it, Detective...

HALLUCIFER: [enunciating clearly]Sutton.

Detective: Oh, no problemo – Detective Sutton.

Detective SUTTON and Sam shake hands.

Sam: Sutton.

Dean: Sutton, yeah.

Detective SUTTON and Dean shake hands.

Dean: Hi.

A police photographer takes a picture of broken glass in the back of a 4WD vehicle near the victim's body.

Detective SUTTON: Sad to say, case looks to be open again.

Dean: Are you sure?

Detective SUTTON, Dean and Sam walk towards the body.

Detective SUTTON: Same tools.

Behind them, HALLUCIFER pokes out a forked tongue.

Detective SUTTON: Same cuts. Same crazy.

The victim's face is cut and the little finger on her left hand and part of her palm are missing. Sam walks to the front of the vehicle.

Detective SUTTON: Makes sense. I mean, we didn't catch the critter last time, did we?

Dean: And no suspects?

Detective SUTTON: Same as before. Very thorough.

We see blood and broken glass in the back of the 4WD vehicle.

Detective SUTTON: Cold-blooded.

Sam looks in the driver's side window of the vehicle.

Dean: Thank you, Detective.

Detective SUTTON: Any time.

Sam nods to Dean as he rejoins him and they look in the back of the vehicle. Along with the blood and broken glass, there is yellow powder.

Sam: Hey.

Sam touches a finger to the yellow powder and smells it.

Sam: Sulfur.

Dean: Damn it. Better go check on Havelock.

INT. WICCAN's WEB STORE – DAY

A large sign in the store reads "WICCAN's WEB" with a devil's trap between the two words. Below the name is the website: www.wiccansweb.com.

NORA HAVELOCK: This is it.

NORA HAVELOCK opens the door from the outside and she, Sam and Dean enter.

Sam: Wiccansweb dot com.

NORA HAVELOCK: Internet mail order. White magic only – herbs and talismans.

NORA HAVELOCK opens the doors to another room. A devil's trap is painted on the floor in the doorway. NORA HAVELOCK walks around it.

Sam: You sure about that?

NORA HAVELOCK: Careful, it's still drying. I have a friend at the Sheriff's office. I know about all the new murders. I'm doing what I can to protect myself.

Sam and Dean skirt the devil's trap. NORA HAVELOCK walks behind a desk and hands Sam some pieces of paper.

NORA HAVELOCK: I'm also translating some very old banishments.

We see a close-up of the banishments, with Latin above and English below. The English section begins "Recite the following invocation aloud."

Sam: Wow, uh, these are – these are good.

NORA HAVELOCK: Thanks. I've got an affinity. But back then, that night in that farmhouse, I was in over my head. I know that now, believe me. I will leave all that to the pros.

Dean: Well, you helped track it down. I mean, it was some solid legwork.

NORA HAVELOCK: When it came down to it, all I really knew was somebody who knew somebody who knew the right number to call. And your number is not working, by the way.

Sam: Right, we, uh, we've had some technical difficulties – phone issues.

Dean: It's a monster problem, really.

Sam gives Dean a look.

Sam: So, uh, you haven't had any contact?

NORA HAVELOCK: With the demon? No, thank God. I have one or two things to finish in town, and then I'm leaving.

Dean: Good choice.

NORA HAVELOCK: Have you found Jeffrey yet?

Dean: Who?

NORA HAVELOCK: The man who the demon possessed. The one you almost b*at to death.

Dean: Yeah, Jeffrey. That poor bastard.

NORA HAVELOCK: Some demons tend to be sentimental, don't they? Always go back to the Same host if they can.

Sam: It's a start.

INT. GROUP THERAPY ROOM – DAY

Nine men are seated in a circle. One man raises his hand.

Man 1: I want to talk about Cinemax. We're grown men. We pay rent. Why can't we get Cinemax?

Others laugh and voice agreement.

Man 2: Skinemax.

FACILITATOR: The halfway program advisers have already weighed in on that, Carl.

CARL (Man 1): Fine, fine.

FACILITATOR: Bringing it up in group is not going –

CARL: [loudly]I said fine!

FACILITATOR: Jeffrey, you have something pretty big going down later this morning.

JEFFREY: That's right, I guess. Um, I'm picking her up today. I'm getting a dog – a rescue. I had to get her spayed and sh*ts and stuff, but they said she's ready.

FACILITATOR: Jeffrey and I talked about this. He understands that pet ownership is a privilege, not a right. He's gonna have to show the whole house that he can handle the responsibility.

JEFFREY: And that's what it's all about, right, Alan? Handling it.

EXT. IDAHO REGIONAL ANIMAL SHELTER – DAY

Woman: Bye.

JEFFREY exits the building carrying a small dog with a cone around its neck.

JEFFREY: You okay there? Huh? Surgery's a bucket of laughs, huh? You look good. I'm sorry for the cone of shame, but we got to keep these stitches in.

JEFFREY sets the dog down on the ground.

JEFFREY: Okay. Okay. Come on. Come on.

JEFFREY walks along the street, leading the dog on a leash. JEFFREY has a limp. He pauses and looks down an alleyway. He sees no one and walks down it. Dean grabs JEFFREY from behind and holds a Kn*fe to his throat. Sam holds up a flask in front of him.

ACT TWO

EXT. ALLEYWAY – DAY

JEFFREY gasps and struggles in Dean's hold.

Sam: Jeffrey?

Dean: Jeffrey?

Dean lets JEFFREY go.

Sam: Okay. Look, it's okay. You're okay, you're okay.

Dean: Sorry. Just had to make sure.

Dean puts his Kn*fe away.

JEFFREY: Make sure of what – that I peed my pants today?

The dog whimpers.

JEFFREY: Aw, you scared my dog.

JEFFREY crouches down and strokes the dog.

Sam: Uh, we did not want to do that.

Dean: Listen, Jeff, we got to, uh, we got to talk.

EXT. APARTMENT BUILDING – DAY

INT. APARTMENT – DAY

JEFFREY sits down on a sofa in a sparsely-furnished, run-down room. HALLUCIFER is sitting on one arm of the sofa.

Dean: Well, this is, uh...

Sam sits on a chair near the sofa.

JEFFREY: I know what it is.

Dean takes a seat next to JEFFREY.

Sam: Look, I know it must've been, um, hard.

HALLUCIFER: Do you even listen to yourself?

Sam presses on his left palm.

HALLUCIFER: Oh, don't bother.

HALLUCIFER flickers and disappears.

JEFFREY: What do you guys want from me?

Dean: Well, um, we're pretty sure the demon that possessed you... is back.

JEFFREY: What? What do you mean? You exorcised him, right? He's...

JEFFREY stands up, as does Sam.

JEFFREY: ...he's supposed to be in Hell.

Sam: Jeffrey, look, please just calm down. Just have a seat, please.

JEFFREY and Sam sit down again.

JEFFREY: I don't understand.

Dean: Three more women have been m*rder*d over the past two weeks.

JEFFREY: No, no.

Dean: Same vic profiles, Same forensics, crime scene dusted with sulfur. We've got to assume that it's him.

Sam: But we're here now, okay? So if he comes after you, we'll nail him just like we did last time.

JEFFREY: What was her name?

Dean: What?

JEFFREY: The last one he k*lled.

Dean: Uh, Anna?

Sam: Anna Paxton.

JEFFREY: Marjorie Willis. She's the next one on the list.

Sam: List? What list?

JEFFREY: The demon used to recite it all the time, like a grocery list. He b*rned it in my head – the names of all the women he was gonna k*ll.

Sam: He already had his victims chosen?

JEFFREY: And put in a line in an order.

Dean: Wait. Why? Demons aren't usually into the obsessive serial-k*ller crap. You know, they're more just kind of all-around evil. Why would he do this?

Dean looks at Sam, who shrugs.

JEFFREY: He said it was his job.

There is a knock at the door. JEFFREY holds a finger to his lips and gets up to open the door.

ALAN: Jeffrey, did your, uh, guests sign in?

JEFFREY: I'm really sorry, Alan. They're friends of mine from my days back at the Post Office. I didn't know they were coming.

Sam: So, what do you think?

Dean: I think we really helped mess this poor son of a bitch up. Look at him. He's got a state-assigned dad.

ALAN: Okay, just get them to sign in when they sign out.

JEFFREY nods and closes the door. Sam and Dean stand up.

Sam: Uh, Jeffrey, look, I'm gonna go, uh, I'm gonna go find Marjorie Willis, keep her on watch, okay?

Dean: Don't worry. I'm gonna stay here just in case.

INT. LIBRARY – DAY

Sam enters the library.

Woman: Excuse me.

A Woman smiles at Sam as she pushes a trolley of books. HALLUCIFER appears behind Sam.

HALLUCIFER: You're right. We just don't read anymore.

Sam walks with HALLUCIFER right behind him. HALLUCIFER points to the Woman.

HALLUCIFER: Marjorie Willis. Librarian, indoor gardening enthusiast, our demon's next organ donor.

MARJORIE WILLIS takes a seat at a desk. Sam and HALLUCIFER sit down at a table. Sam should have a direct line of sight to MARJORIE WILLIS, but HALLUCIFER blocks his view. Sam shifts a little to try to see around him. Sam shifts again. HALLUCIFER crosses his arms and stares at Sam.

HALLUCIFER: Come on, Sam, talk to me. It's been months.

JEFFREY (V-O): When you left me at the E.R...

INT. JEFFREY's APARTMENT – DAY

JEFFREY is sitting on one side of the sofa, stroking the dog. Dean is perched on the other arm of the sofa.

JEFFREY: ...I had three smashed fingers, five teeth out, a broken wrist, nose, cheekbone, collarbone. I had to get 160 stitches. [He exhales and smiles.]Mugged. The Doctor on duty said it looked like I got caught in the Spanish Inquisition.

Dean: And we're the good guys.

JEFFREY: They patched me up, mostly. But I lost my job, my health insurance. I just started to drink and drift, and I got lost. Had some kind of mental break. And I started to talk... about what happened.

Dean: Aw, man. Never tell. Never... never.

JEFFREY: I know that now, believe me.

Dean: So, let me guess. Drunk t*nk to psych eval to 72-hour forced hold to a nice long stay at an institution of their choice.

JEFFREY: Yes.

Dean: It's happened to friends of mine.

JEFFREY: For a long time, I didn't care. The truth was more important than where I was. I was in no shape to cope with the outside world.

Dean: Well, hey, you got out, you know? Holding it together.

JEFFREY: And now the demon is back.

Dean: Yeah. I'm sorry, man. I mean it – about all of it, you know?

JEFFREY: You saved my life. I owe you for it. I know that. I owe a lot of people for getting even this far. I... crap.

JEFFREY: If he isn't already circling the next woman, Marjorie, then I-I think I might know where he is. He had this special place where he kept souvenirs where he nested.

Dean: Why didn't you tell us this?

JEFFREY: I didn't want to go.

Dean: You don't have to go. We'll handle it.

JEFFREY: I do. I have to.

INT. LIBRARY – DAY

HALLUCIFER is reading from a book.

HALLUCIFER: "Average annual rainfall – Hackberry, Texas"...

HALLUCIFER rolls his eyes and tosses the book down on the table. Sam is reading autopsy files. MAJORIE WILLIS pushes a trolley of books. There is a loud noise that only Sam appears to hear and he jumps. A man and a woman at the next table start to bang their heads against the table, their bodies apparently controlled against their will. Other people at nearby tables do the Same and their faces run with blood. The woman at the first table appears to have knocked out a tooth. Sam presses on his left palm and HALLUCIFER flickers and disappears. Sam looks over at the next table. The man and woman are both uninjured. Sam exhales sharply. HALLUCIFER is again sitting across from him.

HALLUCIFER: Come on, Sam, pay attention to me. I'm bored.

Sam looks left and then right, not making eye contact with HALLUCIFER. He narrows his eyes as a man in a black jacket walks in the direction MARJORIE WILLIS went.

HALLUCIFER: Civil w*r buff?

Sam gets up to follow the man.

EXT. STREET – NIGHT

Dean and JEFFREY pull up alongside a graffitied fence. Dean checks his phone.

Dean: Damn it – no service.

JEFFREY: [to the dog in the back seat]Good girl. You stay. Here's some jerky. Stay.

Dean: Thing's not gonna pee in here, is it?

JEFFREY: Um, I don't know.

Dean and JEFFREY get out of the car.

Dean: So, he'd get you this far, and then he'd shut your lights out, yeah?

JEFFREY: For some reason, he was very secretive about this place. But after a while, he'd only really sort of cover my eyes when we walked in.

Dean: Okay, you think you can get us back there?

INT. LIBRARY – NIGHT

Sam walks along and looks through shelves of books.

Woman's Voice:

Oh! Oh!

Sam looks around a bookshelf and sees MARJORIE WILLIS and the man in the black jacket are pressing against each other and kissing.

MARJORIE WILLIS: Right here in my discontinued periodicals. Oh. Oh, that's it.

INT. ABANDONED BUILDING – NIGHT

Dean bursts open the door and he and JEFFREY enter. Dean is carrying a flashlight. JEFFREY has his eyes closed and a hand on Dean's shoulder.

JEFFREY: Red door down the hallway.

Dean: Yeah, there is.

Dean takes out his Kn*fe and leads JEFFREY down the hallway. They pause outside the door and JEFFREY opens his eyes.

JEFFREY: This must be it.

Dean and JEFFREY look around a large room. Symbols are painted on the windows.

Dean: All right, stay over here. Okay? You just stay here. Don't move.

Dean continues to look around the room.

Dean: What the hell?

Dean shines the flashlight back at JEFFREY, then at a man chained to a chair in the room. Dean slowly approaches the man in the chair.

Dean: Hey.

The man's mouth is taped shut.

Dean: Hey. Hey, all right.

Dean puts down the flashlight and his Kn*fe.

Dean: We're gonna get you out of here.

Dean starts to work on the man's chains. The man opens his eyes and tries to say something.

Dean: Hey, hey, I'm not gonna hurt you, okay? But you got to stay still.

The man struggles and makes frantic noises. JEFFREY plunges a syringe into Dean's neck.
ACT THREE

INT. LIBRARY – NIGHT

MARJORIE WILLIS is sitting at her desk and the man in the black jacket is leaning over to kiss her. Sam watches from his seat at a table nearby. HALLUCIFER leans against a bookshelf behind him.

HALLUCIFER: I'm pretty sure this guy's the boring sort of chubby chaser.

Sam dials a number on his phone.

Dean's RECORDED MESSAGE: Leave your name, number and nightmare at the tone.

Sam (on phone): Dean, where are you? I'm scoping zero out here.

Sam hangs up.

HALLUCIFER: Not a good sign.

Sam reads autopsy reports.

HALLUCIFER: Hmm. Surprised you haven't picked up on that yet. It's right... there in the coroner's report.

HALLUCIFER sits down opposite Sam. We see a close-up of drug test results.

HALLUCIFER: Yeah. Uh-huh. In this latest round of killings, our big girls had traces of heavy tranquilizers in their blood. Yeah? But our demon's strong enough to make fat Betty do whatever he wants to, right? So, why does he need the tranqs? Think he's got a bad back? Yeah, whatever is going on here, you know that demon's not coming back to k*ll anybody.

Sam dials a number on his phone.

Dean's RECORDED MESSAGE: This is Special Agent Smith. Please leave your name, number and a detailed –

Sam hangs up.

HALLUCIFER: Oh, no. That's every cellphone Dean's got. One of them should've picked up, right? Big brother's probably dead.

Sam: Shut up.

Sam grabs the reports and leaves.

HALLUCIFER: He said "shut up" to me.

INT. JEFFREY's APARTMENT – NIGHT

Sam picks the lock and enters, with HALLUCIFER behind him.

HALLUCIFER: That's what I'm talking about, Sam – real interaction again. I miss that. The rapier wit, the wittier r*pe. Come on. I'll be good.

Sam looks under JEFFREY's mattress.

HALLUCIFER: I'll even help you solve your little Nancy Drew mystery or whatever.

Sam looks through the things on JEFFREY's desk.

HALLUCIFER: No note.

Sam unlocks the top drawer of JEFFREY's desk and discovers a cell phone signal scrambler.

HALLUCIFER: Hmm, a cell phone scrambler. But, Luci, those are illegal. Think, Sam. Maybe this has something to do with Dean's telephone blackout.

Sam looks in the other desk drawers, then in the dresser drawers. He taps the bottom of the top dresser drawer, takes out the drawer and turns it over, and discovers a metal box strapped underneath it. He opens the box and takes out several pieces of paper.

HALLUCIFER: Hmm. Latin – not suspicious at all.

Sam (V-O): I've never seen this spell before.

EXT. ALLEYWAY – NIGHT

Sam is walking and reading the papers he took from JEFFREY's apartment. HALLUCIFER is beside him.

HALLUCIFER: No. But you've seen this type.

Sam: A demon summoning – why?

HALLUCIFER: Why? To summon a demon, jackass. Start looking at who.

Sam: Okay, what do you mean?

HALLUCIFER: Look at the page.

HALLUCIFER and Sam speak simultaneously: HALLUCIFER: You know this handwriting.

Sam: I know this handwriting.

INT. BUILDING – NIGHT

Sam picks a lock and opens a door.

INT. WICCAN's WEB STORE – NIGHT

Sam enters with his g*n drawn. He opens the door to the office. HALLUCIFER is seated at the desk and shakes his head. Sam looks around and puts away his g*n. NORA HAVELOCK hits him over the head from behind with a wooden object. Sam falls to the floor. HALLUCIFER winces.

HALLUCIFER: Iay, caramba! Imi cabeza!

Sam gets up. NORA HAVELOCK swings at him, but Sam catches her and takes the object away from her.

Sam: Nora, stop it! Calm down!

Sam holds up the paper from JEFFREY's apartment.

Sam: What is this? What is this? Why did Jeffrey have a demon summoning in your handwriting?

NORA HAVELOCK: Everything's happening the way he said, the way he planned it.

Sam: What plan?!

NORA HAVELOCK: You can't help – you can't change it.

HALLUCIFER: Hit her.

NORA HAVELOCK sits down on a sofa.

Sam: Nora, tell me what is going on.

HALLUCIFER: Sam, shake her up. She knows what happened to Dean. Get this stupid cow to focus, will you?

Sam crouches down and speaks very close to NORA HAVELOCK's face.

Sam: Nora, listen to me! Whatever it is, you should be a lot more scared of me right now because I'm two inches away from you, and I can make you talk. Do you understand me?

HALLUCIFER nods approvingly. NORA HAVELOCK starts to cry.

NORA HAVELOCK: It's my son. He has my son!

Sam: What were you thinking? I mean, why would you even help bring back a demon in the first place?

NORA HAVELOCK: Not the demon. Jeffrey!

Sam: Jeffrey?

The man chained to a chair, NORA HAVELOCK's SON, is unconscious. He is bleeding heavily from the side of his head. Dean is tied to another chair.

Dean: Jeffrey?

JEFFREY is stroking the dog, which is drinking from a bowl of water.

JEFFREY: Good. You're up.

Dean: What happened? What's going on?

JEFFREY: No one asked you to get involved, to save me, to save anyone.

JEFFREY: Did you ever think that maybe I loved being possessed?

JEFFREY pulls a wheeled table holding ingredients for a spell towards Dean.

JEFFREY: Did you? I loved the connection, the power. And I loved him. Love of my life, actually.

Dean: Oh, you got to be kidding me.

JEFFREY: He liberated me.

JEFFREY pours lighter fluid into a bowl full of coals on the table.

JEFFREY: Started me on my true life mission.

Dean: So you're the one with the thing for all those women. Aren't you, Jeffrey? You're a serial k*ller.

JEFFREY: I was nothing before he found me – a shadow too scared to do what I was brought here to do. Too timid to live up to my true potential.

JEFFREY throws a lit match into the bowl and the coals burst into flame.

Dean: So, what happened – redheaded mommy make you stuff birds, put on dresses?

JEFFREY: You shouldn't trivialize other people's pain.

Dean: So, demon comes along, rides co-pilot in your skull... Teaches you how to k*ll. The list... that's yours.

JEFFREY: For years, it was just a game I would play. Every time I'd walk by one of them in the street or see one on my mail route... There's a sound that comes from their brains. You know that? Only I can hear it, like an evil, little steam whistle. Every time I saw one, I'd follow her, take down her address.

JEFFREY picks up Dean's Kn*fe from the table.

JEFFREY: But I was never gonna do anything, not till he came along. He's the one who saved me. And you sent him to Hell.

INT. WICCAN's WEB STORE – NIGHT

NORA HAVELOCK is sitting on the sofa. Sam is leaning against the desk with a hand to his head where NORA hit him.

NORA HAVELOCK: I kept tabs on Jeffrey after the exorcism. I even sent him care packages in the hospital, but he never responded. And then not long ago, he came to me.

HALLUCIFER is standing behind Sam.

NORA HAVELOCK: He seemed healthy, put together, except he wanted to know if there was a way to summon the demon back. He said he'd been doing some research. It was mostly nonsense, but he was convinced it was possible.

HALLUCIFER: You really knocked the cork out of her piehole.

NORA HAVELOCK: I sent him away. I told him to get some more help. The next day he called me. He put my son on the phone. He had taken him from his dorm room.

NORA gets up and walks behind the desk.

NORA HAVELOCK: I gave him everything – the ritual, the sigils. But he kept my boy.

NORA takes a wooden box out of the top desk drawer.

NORA HAVELOCK: And then he sent me this.

NORA hands the box to Sam, who opens it. It contains an ear.

NORA HAVELOCK: My baby's ear. He cut it off because the ritual didn't work.

Sam: Well... that demon gave up some serious state secrets – would've gone into big lockdown in Hell. Not so easy to bring him back up.

NORA HAVELOCK: Jeffrey didn't care. He told me to find out what went wrong or else. Finally, I found a summoning spell that would work for sure.

NORA opens a book and hands it to Sam.

NORA HAVELOCK: And that's when he said I had another job to do.

Sam: Which was what?

NORA HAVELOCK: When you came, I was supposed to send you to Jeffrey. He left a trail of bodies to make sure of it.

Sam reads from the book.

Sam: "Blood of the exorcist"?

NORA HAVELOCK: Strongest summoning I've ever seen. Requires the blood of the exorcist who banished him – your brother. You see? It is all part of Jeffrey's plan.

Sam: Yeah. Well... New plan.

Sam thumps the book and puts it down in front of NORA HAVELOCK.

Sam: Tracking spell – Bavarian, Egyptian. I don't care – dealer's choice. Use the flesh of the body to find the body and Dean. Do you want the ear or the kid?

HALLUCIFER: You're giving me the chills.

Sam glances at HALLUCIFER and then looks away.

A small bowl containing blood is on the ground behind Dean's chair. JEFFREY is using Dean's Kn*fe to cut Dean's arm near the ropes binding his wrists.

JEFFREY: I like to think I know you pretty well.

Dean: Yeah, how do you figure?

JEFFREY: I watched you t*rture an innocent man to get out a demon. Pretty charged situation... revealing. You guys talked about a lot, showed a lot of character. God... you were so desperate to fix the world back then. It kills you...

JEFFREY picks up the bowl.

JEFFREY: ...that people keep getting hurt... and you just can't stop it. Or I should say...

JEFFREY puts the bowl on the table.

JEFFREY: ...it's k*lled you, shouldn't I?

JEFFREY puts the Kn*fe into a jar containing a liquid.

Dean: You know what? Screw you.

JEFFREY: Hey. I was there. I was depressed, Dean, because he was gone.

JEFFREY picks up the jar and stirs the contents with the Kn*fe.

JEFFREY: I was a wreck, an emotional shell, a drunk. I was suicidal.

Dean: I don't usually endorse su1c1de, but, man, what stopped you?

JEFFREY: It was Alan

JEFFREY puts the jar back on the table.

JEFFREY: At the house.

Dean: You're kidding me.

JEFFREY: He's a really good rehab therapist. Really helped me focus on my goals...

JEFFREY takes the Kn*fe out of the jar and wipes it on a towel.

JEFFREY: ...my attitude. I have to say, I really benefited from the whole program.

Dean: Yeah.

JEFFREY: A life well-lived comes from the structured pursuit of meaningful happiness.

JEFFREY walks towards Dean with the Kn*fe and a large bowl.

JEFFREY: I realized I was nothing without my demon. Then I decided I have to get him back. [pause]I'll be right back.

JEFFREY walks away from Dean.

JEFFREY (to the dog): Hey, there, honey. Come on.

JEFFREY (over his shoulder to Dean): It's a bitch of a recipe, I must admit.

The dog trots after JEFFREY carrying the plastic cone.

Dean: No.

JEFFREY walks out of sight, but his shadow is visible as he raises an arm. The dog whimpers.

Dean: Oh, you sick son of a bitch.

The dog yelps. The plastic cone rolls into sight. JEFFREY places the bowl, which now contains one of the dog's organs, on the coals, then adds Dean's blood. He reads a Latin invocation. The room shakes and dust falls from the ceiling. JEFFREY raises his arms as he continues the invocation. At its conclusion, everything goes still. It appears that the summoning has not worked, since JEFFREY has not been possessed. NORA HAVELOCK's SON then breaks his chains. His eyes have turned black. He has been possessed by the Demon. He removes the tape from his mouth.

Demon: Hello, Jeffrey.

ACT FOUR

The Demon gets up from the chair.

Demon: Dean Winchester. As I live and breathe...

The DEMON's eyes turn back to normal and he walks towards JEFFREY.

Demon: Again.

JEFFREY: Wh – wh–

The Demon embraces JEFFREY.

JEFFREY: Oh! What are you doing?

Demon: I'm thanking you, Jeffrey.

The Demon waltzes around the room with JEFFREY in his arms.

JEFFREY: What are you doing with this half-dead piece of crap? Come into me.

Demon: We had a very special time together, didn't we, Jeffrey? It warms my heart to see you haven't forgotten what I taught you. You built on it.

The Demon releases JEFFREY and takes hold of his jacket.

Demon: You captured a Winchester. You, Jeffrey... my pupil.

JEFFREY: I don't want to be your pupil. I want to be yours.

The Demon takes a step back.

Demon: But I'm done with you. My work is finished. You can do everything now, all on your beautiful own.

JEFFREY: No.

Demon: No?

JEFFREY shakes his head. The Demon backhands him sharply across the face and JEFFREY falls down. The Demon crouches down next to him.

Demon: We don't do "no." Remember, Jeffrey?

Dean works the ropes binding him to the chair. The Demon stands and takes a few steps towards him.

Demon: Keep sawing away at your ropes, Penelope Pitstop. We can dance standing up if you want.

Dean: So, is this what you do – find postal workers, make 'em go postal?

Demon: I talent scout. That's all. Looking for the next generation of superstars... Before they get to Hell, like Jeffrey here.

The Demon crouches down next to JEFFREY again and touches his chest.

Demon: He had all the raw material... just bubbling in there. All I had to do was loosen the lid on his jar, show him some practical know-how.

Dean: Yeah, what about the kid?

The Demon stands up.

Demon: This one? I don't think. Not much to work with. No natural gift. I'll probably burn this meat off on my way to Vegas.

The Demon turns and sees Sam, who hits him and continues to fight with him while Dean escapes from the ropes. The Demon sends Sam flying across the room. Sam gets to his feet and the Demon starts towards him, only to be brought up short: he has walked under a devil's trap painted on the ceiling.

Demon: You've got to be kidding me!

NORA HAVELOCK walks up next to Sam.

NORA HAVELOCK: You let go of my son!

The Demon laughs as Dean walks over to stand near NORA HAVELOCK.

Demon: Where do you keep coming from?

JEFFREY picks up the Kn*fe and walks purposefully towards the Demon. Dean sh**t JEFFREY twice and he drops to the floor. The Demon growls, but is held by the devil's trap.

NORA HAVELOCK: Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus.

Demon: [laughs]He'll be back, you know. Back in black.

Dean: Go to hell.

The Demon groans as NORA HAVELOCK continues the exorcism.

NORA HAVELOCK: Omnis congregatio et secta diabolica, ergo, draco maledicte, ecclesiam tuam, secura tibi facias libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos!

The Demon drops to his knees and black smoke pours from his mouth. NORA HAVELOCK's SON then falls backwards and NORA HAVELOCK rushes to support him.

NORA HAVELOCK's SON: Mom?

NORA HAVELOCK: I got you. I got you, baby.

ACT FIVE

INT. MOTEL ROOM – DAY

Dean and Sam enter. Dean runs a hand over his face.

Dean: God. Oh.

Dean lies face-down on one of the beds.

Sam: So, Jeffrey was just pretending to be the victim. Way back in that farmhouse during the exorcism...

Sam sits on the other bed.

Sam: ...h-he was just... acting.

Dean: He was a psychopath, Sam. That's what they do all the time, is act. Act like they're normal, act like they're not balls-to-the-wall crazy.

Sam: You going to sleep?

Dean: Damn straight. Screw consciousness – that's what I say.

HALLUCIFER has appeared, leaning over next to Sam.

HALLUCIFER: No, no, Sam. No nap for you, Sammy.

Sam presses on his left palm.

HALLUCIFER: Oh, come on, don't do that.

HALLUCIFER straightens up.

Let's talk, Sam. I always enjoyed our special little chats. Don't you want to talk?

Sam presses harder on his left palm.

HALLUCIFER: Yeah, look at that. Something's definitely different now, isn't it? You let me in. You wanted me, partner. So you think you can use your little tricks to banish me again...

HALLUCIFER snaps his fingers.

HALLUCIFER: ...like that? No. I do believe I've got you, bunk buddy.

HALLUCIFER wiggles an index finger.

HALLUCIFER: Got my finger wiggling around in your brainpan.

Flames leap up on the bed around Sam. He flinches and twitches. HALLUCIFER laughs.

HALLUCIFER: Come on, Sammy! Come on! Say it with me now. [shouts]Good morning, Vietnam!

HALLUCIFER laughs.

END