05x02 - Dream a Little Dream Pt. 2

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Grey's Anatomy". Aired: March 2005 to present.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A drama centered on the personal and professional lives of five surgical interns and their supervisors.

05x02 - Dream a Little Dream Pt. 2

Post by bunniefuu »

Meredith and Cristina, 40 years later ...

Meredith: What are you doing?

Cristina: I eat cereal

Meredith: I made a chicken for dinner

Meredith: Chicken: It's serious?

Meredith: You must be hungry now more

Cristina: Oh, you're going to k*ll as usual

Meredith: But no. I'll cut to the outside of the mediastinum

Cristina: You can not see without your glasses mediastinum.

Meredith: Damn! where are my glasses

Cristina: Okay. No, it raises Here there Right there! Move!

Meredith: What would I do without you?

Cristina: You would die of hunger!

Hunt: A damsel in distress!

Meredith: Put this on a monitor, a portable radio application I'll cut above!

Cristina: That's between 9th and 10th intercostal space No hemo or pneumothorax. My vitals are stable!

Hunt: I would not ...

Cristina: Mind your own business!

Meredith: Who is this guy?

Cristina: Take away that about me, I already screwed up before the chief today once I can not ... I missed a suture and look at me now I'm number 12 Wed, please do not let anyone see me like that okay?

Richard: Yang ... good god what is happening? Put this on monitoring and request a portable radio!

Meredith: It's done

Richard: Check his breathing capacity

Meredith: It's done

Cristina: You see? Breathing is clear!

Richard: You shut up! Grey, what do you recommend as a treatment?

Meredith: I think we should expect for the radio!

Cristina: I'm fine!

Meredith: But with regard to infection? This thing could infect them with water from the roof which has entered the body!

Cristina: That's why we need to remove it!

Hunt: Leave it where it is, that you stabbed the chest, you still have a chance to breathe We must let the Kn*fe until you know how it is inside, Leave!

Cristina: Take that!

Richard: Let All the while there, you can teach your house how you treat! It is a good opportunity to review the basics

Cristina: But I have to keep Vincent Kenner.

Richard Grey, Vincent kenner is your responsibility now, but keep in mind that it is my patient and I'm not ready to lose another trauma today, keep this man alive, I can see DR.Hunt?

Izzieie: You think you can restore his memory?

Derek: Well, I was able to suck the blood and remove the pressure. Not sure I'm optimistic, but optimistic blade 15 please! ahhhh!

Izzie: Something is not DR. Shepherd?

Rose: Oh, my god!

Derek: DR. Hahn asked me about teaching, Here's a tip: when you place an 15 blade make sure the winning side Aspirate the blood while I clean the blade and my team a new glove

-It will go?

Lexie: Except for her voice!

Alex: Her abdomen is soft, it needs another scan

-Michael, insurance, it is a mistake? There must be a mistake.Listen, give me a name and number and I'll do it, you'll be fine, okay? Everything will be fine?

Lexie: Uh, maybe later!

-Sarabeth. Come on, baby ..

Derek: What is happening?

Richard: We will freeze.

Derek: Without my consent? No, I do not think

Hunt: You want to be the doctor who has not tried everything to this man? To prevent the wheelchair the rest of his life!

Derek: Get out of my patient's room

Hunt: I have no orders to take a civil

Derek: Listen, you arrogant ...

Richard Shepherd.

Derek: Okay, now this patient is stable, it will not work may be more but if you try it might develop a clot that would k*ll him!

Richard: We're going to do with freezing!

Derek: Since this morning, you were nervous about everything, impulsive, trying to prove you're not a number 12, and you're not. But now, in making this decision you act like a "12" Good luck with the patient DR. Torres!

Derek: You know the chef is in love with the man in camouflage

Mark: He saved the life of my patient, nothing else, a life saved, What happens with your hand?

Derek: Oh, scalpel. Rose. Not intentional!

Mark: It's like a dead mouse on the floor of your kitchen at one point you must pick it up and throw you want me to take a look at that?

Derek: Wed will take care

Mark: I am an artist renowned Grey is a resident

Derek: I have the right to sex, especially when I'm injured

-I am well placed?

Cristina: If it's for a mamographie Further down the right number two, what do you do?

Number 2: uh, I put the cloth to protect your games ...

Cristina: Get out of my parts! Oh, gently, gently, gently!

Meredith: How are things?

Cristina: Please, take my radio because my house are idiots How will Mr. Kenner?

Meredith: Well it is stable but ..

Cristina: You can not let him die

Meredith: I do my best. Get ready!

Cristina: I'm at it, go ahead!

Meredith: No get ready because I want to ask you a question

Cristina: What?

Meredith: What did you mean to me and Derek?

Cristina: Oh, it's not fair-I am impaled on ...

Meredith: I know I talk a lot And I know that I was weak, sticky disgusting and if I had to listen, I vomit But you also say that because you're angry it's not what you mean!

Cristina: Can you just take my radio And it does not matter what I say!

Meredith: Of course if it's important ... Of course it's important!

Cristina: You! Stop! Stop taking pictures and my radio!

Meredith: Anna. Are you okay?

Anna: Her world collapses and she has no idea what's all my fault, What can I do? I know, I'm a bad person but what can I do?

Meredith: She needs to hear you You are her best friend even if it is the most terrible thing you need to tell it!

Izzie: hey! Callie will freeze a patient you want to come see it?Hey ho? Alex? Why you ignore me?

Alex: I hope that if I wait long enough, you're annoyed by the sound of your voice and you end with your tongue Okay.

Izzie: What did I do?

Alex: You know it!

Izzie: No Alex, just tell me what I did? I think ...

Alex: Shut up. I had a bad night and I cried like a girl I want to blow You should blow too!

Callie: You will feel cold when the saline solution will flow into your veins to lower your body temperature

And if it works, I can walk?

Callie: If it works as hoped, you will walk

-Okay, uh ... I ... I'm getting cold

Callie: The temperature is stable at 36 Head, he puts another thermal blanket?

Richard: It's up to you, DR. Torres. It's your head. That's what a leader of a teaching hospital is a number It goes hand surgeons gifted and leaves lead

Calliie: Ok DR. Bailey?

Bailey: Absolutely agree sir!

-Warm and toasty

Bailey: His pulse is now falling are you sure ...

Richard dropped to 52

Callie: yes, it is normal pulse rate down

-Okay, how long it lasts yet?

Callie: Not much longer, okay? You are awesome!

Bailey: Continue to think warm and toasty

-Okay. I try

Callie: Well

Derek: No. 12, my ass, you wanna know how I cut my hand?It's a good story!

Meredith: I'm not sure that notes move is a good idea

Derek: Okay. Well

Meredith: Well? What does that mean?

Derek: I mean I know you!

Meredith: So what, you think I did not want to move in with you at first

Derek: I think what you believe Listen, I'll take it slow, baby steps to free lunge You're like a deer woods

Meredith: Okay, I built the house in candles This is unprecedented in the adventures of Meredith

Derek: Well, then emménageons together.

Meredith: Well

Derek: Unless of course, you want to go ahead and get married! ahhhh, gotcha! Want to know how I get that? This is related to the history of the cut of my hand!

Izzie: What did you say to Alex?

Meredith: I did not say anything I just said it was nice that you are friends again!

Izzie: Oh, sh*t, Meredith. Why do not you take care of your business? You know what? Forget, I will have nothing to tell you, You can keep anything for you unless it's for Cristina

Meredith: Izzie!

Derek: Marriage?

Meredith: It's not funny!

Alex: DR. Bailey!

Bailey: Yeah.

Alex: Michael Briar's abdomen is more flexible, So now I guess we have to do radio, but if you start the operation after midnight, it is more assured You put it into bankruptcy I say we should forget radios?

Bailey: Oh, you .. you say? No you say anything, you ask and the answer is that we omit the steps to save money, Make him his radio!

Callie: Phillip, you are awesome I give you a little more sedative and a paralytic to stop your shivering Okay?

Phillip: okay!

Richard: Okay, we need to intubate Bailey. Ok, here we go One, two, three and one goes down

Callie: It came down to 32 degrees I think it is a little low this is a little low?

Richard: It is you who have done the research

Callie: I think it is too low, Oh, my god!

Bailey: Okay, now what? How do you pay that? Is what is recommended lidocaine or amiodarone DR. Torres? Uh, DR.Torres?

Richard: He beats!

Callie: uh may be cardiopulmonary resuscitation?

Bailey: No, should avoid contact with decompression of the spinal cord of Shepherd Unless it is absolutely necessary

Callie: Oh, sh*t, sh*t

Richard: His heart will probably stop soon

Callie: I do not know, I, I know ...

-How is he?

Meredith: We gave him medication to keep his blood pressure, but Betty's husband is not as stable as we would like.

-They phillip ... The froze ... To try to help him walk again ... I do not know They have clearly explained to me And the brain surgery of Betty, and the poor here that clings Vincent and Michael ...

It's good Let's get over that is has always done. I would just like he looks at me ...

-Sarabeth ... Michael lost his job eight months there

-What?

-His box has toned it ... He had not the courage to say it ... he felt himself sh*t

-Why? I ... You ... how do you know? He told you, he told you ...

-Sarabeth ...

Anna ... Is that you sleep with my husband?

I am a ..

Meredith: He is feverish, code blue Please come out please.Injects an ear of an atropine.

Hahn: You started ECMO? You're going to bleed to death and replace it?

Richard: It was the only thing to do DR. Hahn. It would not shake her spine Ca based his heart Now we need the monitor until it is aware you are with us?

Alex: I sent Michael in radio I hope we can make the deadline but before the midnight approaches, so ...

-It could not matter, I do not care You know something about the husband of Betty? It ... I think he will die, you hear something?

Alex: No I do not know

Why men cheat? My husband slept with my friend He lost his job and then sleep with my girlfriend and all the while telling me he loves me Why?

Alex: Can be had - he depressed? He was weak and did not want to see you like him, sad .. As a man he has his pride, he turned away This is not good, but ... Does not mean he no longer cared for you I promise.

Hahn: So ready to start

Richard: Here we go

Bailey: He looks tachycardia should be shocking, give adenosine?

Hahn: Well, normally I would say yes but then this man is an ice cube

Richard: DR. Torres, in your research, have you seen anything similar to this case?

Callie: I do not know, I know I mean, uh ... I think I messed up there I mean, I can not know, maybe, it would be good, can be ...

Hahn: look at me, look at me. You must focus yourself trying to find something new There's nothing wrong with the new opening new horizons, push the boundaries that comes with the job So, DR. Torres, take a breath stop panicking What is your research say?

Callie: My research showed that ... That, um ... Arrhythmias can occur at a certain threshold Ca appears between 33 and 33 and a half degree is about 32 now

Richard: Okay, so ...

Bailey: You could use ECMO to return it to us

Callie: Yes but not too fast, it could cause other problems

Hahn: Okay, we seem to be heating

Cristina: What do you see?

-Um, it looks to have hit anything?

Cristina: It looks to have hit anything? Because it did not hit!

-So how .. how does it work?

Cristina: What are you talking about, how does it work? You know how to read a radio?

-You ... you always read the

Cristina: Get out! All out! And go get someone with a brain

Hunt: This is your house? They seem to be afraid of you!

Cristina: I'm not scary! uh, what do you do? This is my peak in ice, Yeah. You've taken my peak, so I have not given permission

Hunt: So what?

Meredith: Cristina ...

Cristina: He's dead!

Derek: My patient is still alive?

Richard: It is stable

Derek: You left a soldier convince you to do something that could have k*lled that man!

Richard: He deserved his chance

Derek: There was no certainty that it could help him or hurt him.

Richard: He deserved his luck, Derek. He had the best chance that the hospital could give I have not been very attentive in recent years I have been too cozy ...

Derek: It's not about being cozy

Richard: If I think that Meredith is here, the daughter of Elli ...

Meredith: Right. Vincent Kenner ... he was given 31 units of blood, plasma of multiple liters of saline were done all we could do was unable to revive her.

Richard: You do not know all he can do. None of you You're halfway through your 2nd year resident and you walk into this hospital as if God permits you Well this is not the DR. Grey. I assure you you are here to do what I say and that's the only thing I ask

Derek: Richard! ... You would not have saved Richard can not save everyone

Richard: We should try harder. We must try harder.

Lexie: But you wrote that letter!

-It does not interest me

Lexie: "Sarabeth." Um sorry, it's not me it's the letter says Ca ...

"I know you hate me .. it's still not me, it's the letter I will read it, you hate me now And you're absolutely right, I have betrayed you I have betrayed our marriage But I lost my job and I could not tell you when I said to Anna, It was stupid And I would tell you a million times and make you understand how much I'm sorry But I could not vote, then I beg you to listen to your heart, Oh, it's so poetic ... It was me ... not him .. if you could désolé.sijust listen with your heart when I'm telling you, I know you will forgive me but I would not now everything in my power to whatever is happening and what you decide to do I will love you until the end of my life ... That's it, finished speaking It's the end!

Betty?

Izzie: She is not awake yet but you can see if you want

And his memory?

Izzie: we do not know yet

-Oh, no. Oh, please, do not say that

Meredith: I'm sorry. Vincent ...

-Oh, my god, my god, not

Meredith: I'm so sorry ...

Sarabeth.

No, no, no

-Sarabeth ... Vincent d*ed and Betty ... We do not know if it will go and .. and Phillip and Michael

-Do not say his name to me

-Sarabeth ... A lot of bad things happened today more than what could happen to us We have already been lucky until now I took it for granted I took you for granted We were friends50 years since we were little girls And I did ... But a horrible mistake I need my best friend

-You slept with my husband

Please do-

-I would like to see Betty, I would like to see my friend.

Meredith: I'm sorry about Alex

Izzie: I forgive you

Cristina: Tell me about the surgery in trauma

Hunt: Trauma? Quick and dirty There's no time for things well done or for errors down your pants You need an injection of cefazolin!

Cristina: No time for mistakes? So what, you never made mistakes?

Hunt: I have made mistakes and people d*ed!

Cristina: I'm the best surgeon and resident of my program ...Today I k*lled a man because I do not know how to suture ...

Hunt: In the field, you do what you can with what you have there is not to be the best, it's about saving lives, I've made mistakes, men have d*ed in my The arms good guy. Guys who fought for their country and I do not know everything Nobody knows So I make mistakes and I learn. And next time, I would have the same mistake So next time, the next guy, he will live.Mistakes are learning your

-Hi, Betty. how do you feel?

-My head ... painful! What is happening?

Betty, you and Vincent had a car accident ... Vincent I'm sorry, I'm sorry it has not survived, Betty.

No, no, No. No. It is in another car, it was a few minutes ... oh ... my head ... It hurts! what happens?

Lexie: Well it looks stable, which is a good sign, because I can not let you go on an operation if you feel not strong. It happens, people make mistakes You know, they sleep with the wrong person and cache.Mais if you ask me, what is the part after the problems is when we must do the right things and I think you're well

Bailey: Karev, Micheal Briar is ready for her laparotomy?

Alex: He was ready an hour ago!

Bailey: And I'm ready now, provided the block

Alex: All right!

Bailey: DR. Karev, what time is it?

Alex: It's the next day, his insurance has expired

Rose: I'm sorry for your hand

Derek: It does happen!

Rose: No not me, it was not happening before you. Before you ... I was gifted, Every doctor at this hospital wanted me in his block. I was known to be a great nurse and now I'm a crazy girl who "stabs surgeons".

Derek: Sorry, I'm really sorry

Rose: There is a place in paediatrics, I start tomorrow. Really sorry about your hand!

Mark: You're never short of words with your patients!

Lexie: Oh, doggone!

Mark: You do not seem to have difficulties to make me understand how you are going, so why say anything at O'malley?

Lexie: You are really the last person I would ask advice love

Mark: When I love someone, I like him know. Life is too short

Leie: And if he does not like me?

Mark: So this is an idiot

-What? ... What am I doing here? Where is Vincent?Something happened there?

-I could have told him, I will get more

-I know

Izzie: Why not take a break, take stock!

I do not want to leave her alone

Izzie: I'll be there, do not worry

-Sarabeth, anna ... I'm in a hospital? -Oh, honey ...

There was an accident

Where is Vincent? it goes well?

Izzie: Your husband is the way it happens in a minute

It is on its way?

Izzie: Yes! It is at the corner, if you look out the door you should see it from one moment to another, you'll see!

God. It ... It is on the way?

Izzie: It is on the way

At the corner

Izzie: Yes, at the corner ... It's better for her

-Thank you. Come on, Come see our husbands!

Bailey: Karev, I think this clock has lost It shows 2:30 when I'm on it as 11:58 p.m. Can you fix that?

Alex: I rule?

Bailey: Set here! It is important that the time is correct for the hospital records and for insurance companies too And I say that it is 11:58 p.m.! Scalpel!

Hunt: You know, you would be gifted in the field. Now that you have this beautiful scar, you could join us

Cristina: Oh, of course!

Hunt: I'm serious, you should leave here and go to the adventure is what this place gives you the emotion, the adrenaline?

Cristina: Yeah. Yeah, that's the case!

Richard: Oh, DR. Hunt, you are there! How's that leg?

Hunt: The DR. Yang took care of me!

Richard: I spent a few calls, they have great respect for you trauma in Maryland, I heard a story like what you would have built an operating table Following the expl*si*n of a minedesert!

Hunt: Well, must be innovative in the desert!

Richard: You are innovating everywhere. Would you like a job, DR. Hunt?

Hunt: I appreciate the offer but I have to go back, go back to my post

Richard: Well ... good luck to you

Hunt: Thank you

Cristina: What? I ... I do not even know you

Hunt: So what?

Callie: Maybe the treatment of hypothermia!

Derek: or my surgical skills

Bailey: Oh, we'll never know!

Meredith: What is happening?

Callie: Phillip can move his toes!

Bailey: Oh, I said

Derel: Do not say that!

Bailey: Please, tell, tell it to me ... It's not technically true

Derek: it gave a man on foot!

Callie: you gave a man on foot!

Bailey: it gave a man on foot!

-What a nice way to wake up ...

Lexie: You slept with Meredith?

George: Yeah, it's true

Lexie: Why? I .. I mean ... You were in love with her?

George: I think I was. But I was afraid to admit it ... and I know ... It no, she saw me that way. I did it anyway and it .. I could not because ... In addition to being ... Very selfish, I ... You know I took advantage of what I wanted and what she wanted and clearly as I say, I made many mistakes last year and I try to stay on track ... You know, I'm on my own

Lexie: The only reason I wanted to help you ... This is because I feel we are more than roommates!

George: It's more than just roommates

Lexie: this is true?

George: Yeah, we're friends, you are probably my best friend

Lexie: The best friends ...

Callie: I'm not too experienced, I do not like that But when you're arriving and we did it together, and the experiment was a success. Listen, I had never done this before I had never kissed a girl, I'm not to like it. In fact I do not like kissing girls ... It's just that I like kissing a girl. You!

Hahn: And I have nothing to compare ... You're the only woman I kissed!

Callie: So you're too scared?

Hahn: this is the time of therapy

Callie: Yeah, I do not do therapy It's just that I call "aaah" and I become sticky ... okay. you do not need to know that ... So it makes us a kind of virgin

Hahn: I think .. you can see it like that

Callie: Hey Virgins, we will set a sort of frightened virgins, in a panic duo okay?

Cristina: Yeah, thank you!

Meredith: You said that me and Derek, it will ever happen.

Cristina: And then I was impaled by karma for saying that!

Meredith: But you were right, people do not live happily ever after, they are not together forever So why it would be different with Derek

Cristina: Wed, why you care about what I say?

Meredith: Because you are my friend AND if I build something with it, That one is set in warm place in a romantic relationship with a guy, I need you. I want you by my side I need your consolation 'Cause you're the only one I know ... You know me really. I need you to do so even if you do not believe it because if you leave me now I would never, And I would never have my happy ending and then it will just ...

Cristina: Life!

Meredith: I'm telling you please do here.

Cristina: I think you and Derek will do it, it will work

Meredith: Are you telling me just what I hear?

Cristina: I am your person, I'm by your side ...

Once upon a time ... and lived happy ever ... The stories that are told are like dreams The fairy tales are not realized ...

Izzie: You see? I told you I would show you my dress

Denny: You're the most beautiful brides

The reality is more tempestuous ... More ... More dark scary ...

Richard: Listen all, listen: It was the best surgery program of the West One person had advanced program which is heard out of the water but it took root, growing old, it was sloppy, It s'to sleep on our laurels, was taken if unable to take initiatives Unable to ask the questions he was unable to use your skills Unable to give the opportunity to apply your knowledge and I left it happen.

So you have not failed but we failed Well it has to stop, now people flying over the surgery will see nothing. But like a heart or brain by its Network If the blood does not traveled the whole body or the nerves that do not travel beyond the brain This is bad teaching that made bad surgeon was unsuccessful Included? And now it's pretty The surgical program is officially changing. Consider the standard rose s warned you!

The reality is far more interesting than living happily ever after ...