03x17 - Who Will Survive, and What Will Be Left of Them

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

03x17 - Who Will Survive, and What Will Be Left of Them

Post by bunniefuu »

FADE IN :

Lucas : (v.o) Previously on One Tree Hill.

[Ext. Tree Hill High-Day]

Brooke runs to Lucas.

-Brooke : Somebody has a g*n inside and they’re sh**ting.

CUT TO:

[Int. Tree Hill High-Class-Day]

Nathan, Haley, Mouth, Rachel and Marcus are in a classroom. Jimmy has a g*n.

-Nathan : We’re getting out of here, okay?

-Jimmy: Get away from the door.

CUT TO:

[Int. Tree Hill High-Library-Day]

Lucas is next to Peyton in the library.

-Lucas: We gotta get you somewhere safe. Come on.Lucas stands up but Peyton hold him by the arm.

-Peyton: No, don’t leave me, please.

CUT TO:

Jimmy point the g*n at Nathan, Haley, Mouth…Nathan has a bat.

-Jimmy: You’re gonna tape a line down the center of the room. (Jimmy throw Scotch to Nathan.) Go on!

CUT TO:

[Int. Tree Hill High-Library-Day]

Lucas and Peyton are sitting on the floor.

-Peyton (crying) : If I say, “I love you” right now, will you hold it against me?

CUT TO:

-Jimmy: Don’t push me.

-Marcus: He’s not gonna do it!

-Jimmy: Back him up!

-Rachel: Listen to him!

CUT TO:

[Succession of scene]

Peyton kisses Lucas and you see Jimmy in the class.

-Jimmy: I promise you! Whoever steps into that hallway is gonna die.

You can see Brooke crying outside of the Tree Hill High.

In the Library.

-Peyton: It’s never gonna be the same.

In the class.

-Nathan: This is wrong, man. All of this.

-Rachel: This is your fault.

-Jimmy: I just wanted it to stop.

-Mouth: Just take it all back.

Outside.

-Keith (to Dan) : You got to let me try to talk to him.

Into the Tree Hill High.

-Keith: Jimmy, please.

-Jimmy: I’m sorry.

-Keith: No!

Outside, Brooke’s crying in Lucas' arms.

Into Tree Hill High, Dan takes the g*n on the floor.

-Keith: He’s gone, Danny. He’s gone.Dan point the g*n to Keith and fire to his brother.

FADE TO WHITE:

END OF PREVIOUSLY ON:

OPENING CREDITS ROLL:

FADE IN:

[In a field-Day]

Dan and Keith, child, are in a field. Dan is running to Keith.

-Keith : Over here, Danny. I found something. It’s a raven.

-Dan: What’s wrong with it ?

-Keith: I think its wing is broken, but we can nurse him back to health. Come on, help me catch him. He’ll fly again. You’ll see. (Dan throw a stone on the raven).

-Keith: No! Why did you do that? Why did you k*ll him?

-Dan: He was weak.

-Keith (stand up) : I wanna go home.

Keith go at home.

CUT TO:

[At the cemetery-Day]

People are in the funeral of Keith.

-Priest: Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. My companion att*cks his friends, he violates his covenant. His speech is smooth, yet w*r is in his heart. But you, O God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of corruption. Bloodthirsty and deceitful men will not live out half their days. As for me, I trust in you. And now, we ask for the strength to navigate the stages of our grief as we lay our brother, Keith, to rest. Lucas advances, take earth in his hand and pour on to the coffin.

-Lucas: (v.o) The stages of our grief. Anger, fear, guilt, depression, acceptance. You can see Keith (child), and Dan face.

-Priest : Dan.Dan advances, take earth and throw it on to the coffin.

-Lucas : (v.o) And the first seeds of grief.

CUT TO:

~ DENIAL ~

[At the cemetery-Day]

Lucas and Karen are in front of the coffin of Keith. Karen takes Lucas’ hand. They’re crying and Lucas takes Karen in his arms.

[Scott’s house-Bedroom-Day]

Nathan is sitting on the bed and Haley changes.

-Haley: I guess everybody’s just gonna change and back to Karen’s, okay?

-Nathan: People are definitely gonna change.

-Haley: Will you unzip me?Nathan stand up and go to Haley.

-Nathan: Oh, Haley, I love you. He takes her in his arms.

-Haley: I love you, too.

-Nathan: It’s all so uncertain. God, I love you. I don’t ever want to come that close to losing you again. I need you to be safe, okay?

-Haley: I told you. I’m not going anywhere.

Nathan kisses Haley’s neck and Haley turns over and kisses Nathan.

CUT TO:

[Lucas’ house-Day]

Bevin, Skills, Fergie, Brooke, Mouth, Junk and Withey are in the kitchen.

-Bevin: They expected 200 people at his wake. They got, like, 2000.

-Junk: People loved Keith, you know? I was the worst mechanic on the planet, but he gave me a summer job because he knew I needed the money.

-Fergie: We hung out that whole summer talking old-school basketball with him. Me, Skills, Mouth.

-Mouth: And Jimmy. Jim’s funeral is on Tuesday.

-Lucas: Jimmy Edwards k*lled my uncle. Do not talk about him, not in my mother’s house.

CUT TO:

[On the road-Day]

Dan drives when he slow down because he saw Keith (child) who cross the road with his ball. Keith look at Dan and Dan is frightens.

CUT TO:

[Lucas’ house -Day]

Karen is outside with Keith’s cup. Dan is stops in front of the house and looks et Karen. He starts. Peyton comes with crutches, with her father and Bevin go to Peyton.

-Bevin: Peyton, hi!

-Peyton: Hey.

Larry go to Lucas who he is with Brooke.

-Larry: Lucas, I’m so sorry. I wanna thank you for saving my little girl. Thank you.

Brooke go to Peyton.

-Brooke: Hey, buddy.

-Brooke: I’m sorry I haven’t checked in lately. I’ve just been with Lucas and Karen.

-Peyton: No, of course.

-Brooke: I’m glad you’re okay. I mean, you’re gonna be okay, right?

-Peyton: Yeah, I’m gonna be fine. I just have to do some physical therapy stuff, so…

-Brooke: Okay. Well, can I get you anything? Any food…

-Peyton: No, I’m okay, really. I just came to see Karen.

-Brooke: Okay. Peyton go but Brooke call Peyton.

-Brooke: Peyton. I’m really glad you’re okay.Peyton go in front of Lucas who talks to her father.

CUT TO:

[Scott’s house-Bedroom-Day]

Nathan and Haley are in the bed, huddled together.

-Haley: Okay, we are the worst family/friends in the whole world. We really should be at Lucas’.

-Nathan: You’re right. Just stay here for a second.

-Haley: Okay.

-Nathan: You know, when I was a kid, I had this morning paper route. And every morning there was this moment, it was right around dawn, and I would just stop, breathe it all in. You could almost feel the magic in the world. But lying here with you, I feel that same stillness. I can almost believe that the world’s not as screwed up as I know it is. My mom’s coming home. She called.

-Haley: Well, at least now you won’t have to live alone in this big giant house.

-Nathan: No, but she will. I want us to live together. I wanna be your husband again, Haley.

Haley kisses him.

-Haley: That sounds so good to me. But I have a roommate named Brooke.

-Nathan: That doesn’t matter.

-Haley: And our dream schools are 3000 miles away.

-Nathan: Doesn’t matter.

-Haley: And neither of us have jobs.

-Nathan: It doesn’t matter. You know how long it took me to realize that? The amount of time it takes to pull a trigger. I love you, Haley James, and that’s all I need to know. And it doesn’t mean it’s not gonna be hard. It doesn’t mean it’s not gonna be confusing, but, whatever it is, we’ll face it together.

-Haley: You are quite charming, you know that?

-Nathan: You haven’t even seen my A-game.

-Haley: Oh, Lord help me if that’s true.

Nathan kisses Haley’s forehead.

-Haley: It’s Scott, by the way. You called me Haley James. Haley James Scott.

Haley kisses him.

-Haley: And it always will be.

Haley kisses him again.

CUT TO:

[Int. Tree Hill High-Day]

-Voice in the speaker: Welcome back, students. Today, as we return to our school with heavy hearts, you will note some changes. A the entrance to our school, you will see metal detectors. They are here for you safety. (Lucas comes into the school and saw a picture of Jimmy on the locker). You will see an armed police presence on campus. They are here for your well-being. We can try to make the school safer. We can try to protect you. But there are few precautions that we can take to protect your hearts.Mouth gets to the Jimmy’s locker and puts a microphone on the floor. Brooke comes behind Lucas.

-Brooke: Hey.

-Lucas: Hey.

-Brooke: Let’s just go to class, okay? Come on.

-Lucas: Hey, just…

-Voice in the speaker: I want to urge you all to reach out…

-Lucas: Give me one second.

-Voice: …to your teachers and counselors today. Form grief circles and talk about it. If you’re feeling scared, if you’re feeling vulnerable or confused, don’t keep it insides. Let it out.

Lucas go to Jimmy’s locker and give a big blow of feet in the flower who are putting on the floor and tear out of the picture.

-Voice: You are not alone. And this is your school.

CUT TO:

~ ANGER ~

[Nathan and Haley’s apartment-Day]

Brooke opens the box where there is the material for Karen’s wedding dress. Haley came in her apartment.

-Haley: Hey, roommate.

-Brooke: Hey. This is the saddest thing. It’s the material for Karen’s wedding dress, I ordered it the morning…

-Haley: Yeah. Listen, I have some good news.

-Brooke: Okay.

-Haley: Nathan and I want to be together again. Like, for real.

-Brooke: Haley, that’s awesome.

-Haley: Yeah, it king of sucks, though. I gonna miss you. You’ve become a really good friend.

-Brooke: Yeah, you, too. When am I losing you?

-Haley: Soon as we can find an apartment, you know.

-Haley: Yeah.

-Brooke: Whenever that is, you go be happy. Life’s too short, you know?

CUT TO:

[Peyton’s bedroom-Day]

Peyton is sitting on her bed and her father come.

-Larry: Hey, kiddo. How’d you do at school?

-Peyton: Fine, just tired.

-Larry: Well, the doctor said that would happen, so, you know, just take it slow. Can I get you anything?

-Peyton: No, I’m fine.

-Larry: Okay. Listen, I canceled my next run.

-Peyton: Dad, you can’t protect me every second of every day.

-Larry: Well, that sucks. I never want to feel the way I felt when I got that call saying my baby girl was on the way to the hospital. I got one other call like that in my life. That’s two too many. How much allowance am I giving you, anyway?

-Peyton: Ellie gave me those albums. I just can’t bring my self to play them.

CUT TO:

[Lucas’ house-Bedroom-Night]

Lucas is stretch out on his bed and his phone ring. He look at his phone and read the message who say: “Tree Hill High, you need this”.

CUT TO:

[Int. Tree Hill High-In the hall-Night]

Lucas comes to school who Rachel wait him.

-Rachel: Hey, Luke.

-Lucas: Rachel. You send me this?

-Rachel: Maybe.

-Lucas: What are you doing?

Rachel removes the “y” of the school’s sign who say “This is your school”.

-Rachel: Nobody has all the answers, but we all have our “why’s”. Like, why did this happen? Why didn’t we see it coming? Why do people watch American Idol? Come on.

After Rachel has removed the “y”, it’s written ‘This is our school”. Rachel comes in Tree Hill High with Lucas who a party was organize.

-Rachel: Welcome to detention.

Rachel and Lucas go to Brooke and Mouth.

-Brooke: Hi, boyfriend.

-Lucas: Do you really think a party is appropriate, Brooke?

-Brooke: It’s not a party. It’s more of a cleansing for every kid in this school. You know, everybody’s here, everybody’s invited, everybody’s together. So just check it out, okay? We’ve got co-ed bathrooms, science lab for dr*gs and pharmaceuticals, Health class for condoms and people probably using them, Spanish class has kick-ass margaritas, and there’s the tutor center. Anybody who needs a little extra help. Tonight, we’re all together, and we stop judging each other and let everybody heal their own way. If you need to do this alone, I understand. But if you need me, I’m here.

Lucas don’t answer and go away.
CUT TO:

[Int. Tree Hill High-Library-Night]

Peyton is sitting and Lucas joins Peyton.

-Lucas: You know, we should really stop meeting up like this.

-Peyton: I never did thank you.

-Lucas: Hey, it’s okay.

-Peyton: God, I’m such a girl.

-Lucas: You love me.

-Peyton: Okay, that is so not fair.

-Lucas: You probably just want to kiss me again.

-Peyton: Dude, shut up! Okay, I kissed you, but I…I thought I was gonna die and you took care of me. So, you know, we…

-Lucas: Yeah. I know. If I told you loved you, would you hold it against me?

-Peyton: Luke, when I said that…

-Lucas: Because I do, Peyton. But it’s okay, because there’s this other girl. I mean, you might know her, her name’s Brooke Davis and I am completely in love with her.

-Peyton: You don’t know how good it is to hear you say that. ‘Cause I thought everything was gonna get weird again and I really don’t want it to. We’re okay, right? You and me, we’re good? All right. I should go.

She’s standing up and takes her crutches.

-Lucas: Peyton, I’m sorry about your mom. Both moms. I don’t feel like I’ve been there for you the way I should have, and I’m just sorry for that.

-Peyton: You know how proud Keith must be of you, right now?

-Lucas: I don’t know if that’s true.

-Peyton: It is. Let Brooke help you out with this, okay? Don’t shut her out.

-Lucas: Why, did she say something to you?

-Peyton: No, I just…I know how you are. I’m the same way. She gave you her heart, Luke. You should give yours back. I’ll se you.

-Lucas: Okay. Hey, don’t kiss anybody out there.

-Peyton: You suck, you know that?

Peyton go away.

CUT TO:

Brooke joins Lucas.

-Brooke: Hey, wanna come dance with me?

-Gars: Everybody head to lockdown, I got a sh**t here. sh**t in the hallway. Come on, everybody.

Lucas catch the guy to the collar and linchpin on the wall.

-Lucas: Pull your head out of your ass and show some respect.

Lucas go away.

CUT TO:

[Ext. Tree Hill High-Night]

Lucas comes out and Brooke catch him up.

-Brooke: Lucas! Please stay!

-Lucas: I can’t, Brooke. It’s not right!

-Brooke: Why not?

-Lucas: You wouldn’t understand. You weren’t here.

Mouth and Rachel join them.

-Brooke: I may not have been inside that school, but that doesn’t mean that I wasn’t there. It doesn’t mean that I don’t carry that day around with me like everybody else.

-Rachel: I was there. And if a party helps to bring us all together and helps everyone to deal with it, then why not?

-Lucas: Rachel, you know that this is wrong. Somebody d*ed in that hallway.

-Mouth: No, Luke. Two people d*ed.

-Lucas: I’m sorry, Brooke. I know you’re trying to help me with this, and I love you for it, but I…I just…I can’t, okay?

Lucas go away.

CUT TO:

~ FEAR ~

Lucas is sitting on his bed and throw his ball against the wall. Skills comes.

-Skills: What’s up, my brother?

-Lucas: Nothing.

-Skills: So, listen, the guys talked and decided. We’re not gonna go to Jimmy’s funeral tomorrow. I mean, Mouth’s kind of tore up about it, but we all loved Keith. It just don’t deem right.

-Lucas: You think there’s a heaven, Skills?

-Skills: Do I think there’s a heaven?

-Lucas: Yeah, you know, like pearly gates and angels?

-Skills: I don’t know about all that. Maybe some chrome gates and some freaky angels. No, but I think there’s something else out there. And I do think that whatever we do in this world matters en the next.

-Lucas: Yeah, before you came in, I was thinking about Edwards. How he could take Keith’s life.

-Skills: Luke, he wasn’t right, dawg. Jimmy was sick.

-Lucas: So, if that’s true, is heaven the kind of place that’ll hold that against someone? You know, because if not, Jimmy’s a victim, too. And right now, in your world beyond this one, Jimmy and Keith are in the same place. I can’t figure out what kind of place that would be.

-Skills: It’s a place you and I wouldn’t understand.

-Lucas: Or a place that doesn’t exist.

CUT TO:

Nathan and Haley are huddled together and dancing.

-Haley: God, I love this song. You think that’s okay? To, like, love a song and feel good when you hear it? And, like, laugh and be happy? To be so in love with somebody your heart aches? I mean, is that okay right now or is it just too soon?

-Nathan: It’s never, never too soon to feel like that.

Nathan kisses her.

CUT TO:

[Scott’s house-Night]

Dan is sleeping and he hears a voice.

-Voice: Danny… (Dan opens his eyes). Danny, I’m waiting.

He hears a noise and jumps.

-Voice: Why’d you do this to me?

You see Keith (child) at the bedroom’s door. Dan turns on the light but there’s no one.

CUT TO:

[Lucas’ house-Night]

Karen tidies up Keith’s things when Dan comes.

-Dan: I saw the light.

-Karen: I doubt it.

-Dan: Truth be told, I couldn’t sleep. Can I help you?

-Karen: No, Dan. You can’t help me. You were horrible to Keith. Is it any wonder you can’t sleep?

-Dan: Doesn’t mean I didn’t love him.

-Karen: Well, that’s great, Dan. But how does it feel to know you can never take any of it back? That for the rest of your life, all you’ll have is regret over a relationship you could have repaired with a few kind words. But you couldn’t even find it in your heart to do it.

-Dan: Maybe I’ll find those words with Lucas.

-Karen: Don’t push me, Dan!

-Dan: Come on, Karen. He’s old enough to make his own decisions. Like when he went back into that school. Or when he pulled me out of the dealership fire.

Dan go out of the house.

CUT TO:

Lucas is sitting on his bed and he looks at a picture of him and Keith when Karen opens his door.

-Karen: Did you pull Dan out of the fire?

-Lucas: Mom…

-Karen: Did you?

-Lucas: Yes.

-Karen: You selfish, stupid boy. Did you think about me? Just once, think about me, and what my life would be like if I lost you? Running into burning buildings, high school with g*ns. Did I raise an idiot?

-Lucas (crying) : I know! Okay, I know! It’s my fault! If I didn’t go back in there, Keith would still be here. And I know that. And I’m sorry.

-Karen: Well, sorry isn’t gonna bring him back, is it?

Karen go out of the Lucas’ bedroom.

CUT TO:

~ GUILT ~

Micro puts back Jimmy’s picture of him locker and Rachel comes.

-Rachel: You have to let it go, Mouth. It’s not your fault.

-Mouth: I wasn’t thinking that.

-Rachel: Yes, you were. You have this ridiculous notion that because you were friends once, you could have saved him.

-Mouth: What’s so ridiculous about that?

-Rachel: Because you couldn’t have.

-Mouth: I was his best friend, Rachel.

-Rachel: How many times did the guy call you in the last year? Come on, look around. Everybody’s here tonight. Geeks, stoners, jocks, maybe a few old friends who forget to stay in touch. That’s how it’s gonna change.

-Mouth: But everyone’s still divided. We stick to these rigid circles of friends based on sports we play, or hobbies we like, or how attractive or unattractive we are. When’s that gonna change?

-Rachel: Honestly? Probably never. Look, it’s human nature. People stick to their own kind. But if you want it to change, then change it. I’ll help you.

-Mouth: How?

-Rachel: Dance with me.

Mouth and Rachel go dancing.

CUT TO:

[Int. Tree Hill High-In a class-Night]

Brooke comes in the class where Nathan and Haley are sitting.

-Brooke: Hey.

-Haley: Hey.

-Brooke (gives a key to Haley): Here.

-Haley: What is this?

-Brooke: It’s my door key. Actually, it’s your door key.

-Haley: Brooke, it’s your place.

-Brooke: No. It’s always been your place. Both of yours. I was just keeping it warm until you came to your senses.

-Nathan: Thank you, Brooke.

-Haley: Thanks.

-Nathan: How’s Lucas doing?

-Brooke: I don’t know, he left. I’m just trying to give him his space, but it’s hard, you know?

-Nathan: Yeah.

-Brooke: Anyway, you kids be happy. One of these days, you’ll make the rest of us believe in true love. Brooke go away and leaves them.

-Haley: I wanna go find Lucas.

-Nathan: Okay, let’s go.

-Haley: Okay. Nathan and Haley stand up.

-Nathan: Hey, hold on.

Nathan bends down and removes the scotch who is stick on the floor.

CUT TO:

[Succession of scene]

Dan comes in Keith’s tomb. Lucas is in his car and crying, then Karen has the adoption request that Keith had did for Lucas. Brooke is in the school as well as Peyton, Nathan and Haley, and Karen running in Keith’s arms. Lucas is in his car crying again.

CUT TO:

Mouth and Rachel are dancing again. Rachel to free from Mouth, look him and kiss him.

-Mouth: Why did you do that?

-Rachel: because I don’t think that you’re gonna like me 10 seconds from now.

-Mouth: But…

-Rachel: I released the time capsule. It’s not your fault, Mouth. It’s mine.

-Mouth: You’re right. I don’t like you.

Mouth go furious.

CUT TO:

~ DEPRESSION ~

[Karen’s cafe-Night]

Lucas is sitting at the bar when Nathan and Haley come.

-Haley: Hey.

-Lucas: Here. I’m taking my predictions back. Not gonna come true now, anyway. Not without Keith.

-Haley: Luke…

-Lucas: My mom thinks that this was my fault.

-Haley: She would not say that.

-Lucas: Yeah, well, she pretty much did. We shouldn’t have gone back into that school.

-Haley: She’s wrong. Luke, Keith would’ve gone back into that school if you were in there or not, because that is who he was. That is not your fault.

-Nathan: Hey, she’s right, Luke. You did what he did. You went back in there so to save a life. Otherwise, we might’ve been at Peyton’s funeral.

-Lucas: And I couldn’t save Keith.

-Nathan: And neither could I.

-Haley (crying) : He loved you a lot, Luke. Just like we do. And so does Brooke. You think none of your predictions are gonna come true? Look at the first one o your list. “This year, I’ll try again with Brooke.”

CUT TO :

[Int. Tree Hill High-Night]

Lucas comes in school where there is no one but…

-Lucas: Brooke? Brooke!

-Withey: She’s gone.

-Lucas: Coach, I can explain it all.

-Withey: That wouldn’t matter, seeing as how I’m not here right now. Not that I approve of any of this, but I guess kids getting drunk in school beats kids getting k*lled. Been meaning to talk to you. Truth of the matter is, I’ve been busy crying like a baby.

-Lucas: They were gonna get married. Keith was gonna be my dad.

-Withey: He was your dad, no matter what any science or paper said. He was the man who influenced your life more than anybody else. I saw it in you every day.

-Lucas: I just want him to come back. I just want him to come home. It’s not fair. -Withey: I’m gonna tell you something. When my wife d*ed, things got pretty dark there for a while. Nobody could talk to me. And then, one of my former players, kid may have been the worst player I ever coached, waded into that darkness and pulled me to safety. That kids name was Keith Scott. He said, “Coach, I know you want some answers. But what is the right answer? Because there is no answer. There’s just life.” Just life. Lucas, be the man that Keith taught you to be. Anything less will make this a much greater tragedy than it already is.

Withey go away.

CUT TO:

[At the cemetery-Night]

Dan is in front ok Keith’s tomb.

-Voice: Dan.

Dan turns round and saw Keith (child) running.

-Voice: Why did you do this to me?

-Dan: It’s not gonna work, you know? I’m not gonna carry this around with me. I did what I did, and it’s done!

-Voice: Dan.

-Dan: So you come around all you want, ghost. You won’t scare me. As a matter of fact, tonight I’m gonna sleep like a baby, and you wanna know why? Because you started this w*r. I just finished it. I just finished it.

Dan spits on tomb and go away.

CUT TO:

[Nathan and Haley’s apartment-Night]

Nathan and Haley go to their bedroom. On the wall, there’s written “Welcome back”. In their bedroom, Haley finds a word on the bed and Karen’s wedding dress material.

-Haley: This is Karen’s wedding dress material. If only it were raining.

-Nathan: I can take care of that. Come on.

Nathan and Haley go outside.

CUT TO:

[Peyton’s house-Night]

Peyton’s dad look at the window, Peyton comes. He opens the door.

-Larry: Do you know a Pete from Freak Out Boy? Tattoos, goofy grin, about as tall as a fire hydrant?

-Peyton: fall Out Boy.

-Larry: Yeah, whatever. I can’t believe I’m about to say this to my high-school-age daughter, but he is waiting in that limo. Don’t be long.

-Peyton: Okay.

Larry go to his home and Peyton go to the limo.

CUT TO:

[Scott’s house-Night]

Dan is in his bed and don’t sleep.

CUT TO:

[Int. Tree Hill High-Night]

Withey cleans the floor.

CUT TO:

~ ACCEPTANCE ~

[On the pitch-Night]

Nathan and Haley are sitting in the middle of the pitch.

-Nathan: I want you to know something. If anything ever happens to me, if you ever lose me…

-Haley: Nathan.

-Nathan: I want you t know how happy you made me. How wonderful my life was with you. And I will always be with you.

-Haley: Nothing’s gonna happen to you.

-Nathan: I know. I know, you’re right. But if it does, I just want you to be okay, Haley. And know that you made me happy.

Haley crying and the jet worked.

-Nathan: You wanted rain.

-Haley: It is not possible to be this in love.

Haley kisses him.

CUT TO:

Brooke is stretch out of the bed when Lucas comes and saw her.

-Lucas: hey, pretty girl.

-Brooke: Hey. I was gonna sleep in my car, but I heard a noise and I think it was a bear or something.

-Lucas: Well, where were you parked?

-Brooke: Right outside here.

-Lucas: Well, have I told you how much I love you today?

-Brooke: Not really.

-Lucas: Well, I do. And even when I don’t tell you, it means a lot to me to know you’re there. It means everything.

-Brooke: I am here. We both are.

-Lucas: I know. And it’s good being here. Especially with you.

-Brooke: I wish that it was me. I know that’s horrible and I know that’s selfish, but I watched you rescue Peyton, and you told me you rescued Dan, and sometimes I just wish you could rescue me.

-Lucas: From what?

-Brooke: From all of it.

-Lucas: Okay, then. I will. If you promise to rescue me back…

-Brooke: I promise.

Lucas kisses her.

-Brooke: There’s something else I need to do.

CUT TO:

[Peyton’s house-Night]

Brooke comes to Peyton’s house.

-Brooke: Hey, buddy.

-Brooke: How’s the leg?

-Peyton: Oh, it’ll be okay. How’s the boy?

-Brooke: I’ll be okay.

-Peyton: Oh!

-Brooke: I’m sorry, Peyton.

-Peyton: Why?

-Brooke: Because I shouldn’t have left you there. I thought that you were behind me…

-Peyton: Brooke, don’t…

-Brooke: No. I should’ve made sure.

-Peyton: Okay. You’re my best friend, and you wanna know what made me feel better when I was trapped in that library? It was knowing that Brooke’s okay. You know, my best friend, she’s safe.

-Brooke: I love you for that, P. Sawyer. But there was something else that made you feel better in that library. My boyfriend. And I guess I can’t hold it against him, can I? I mean, the boy I love protected the girl I love. That’s the girl that he loves, too.

-Peyton: Brooke…

-Brooke: No, we both know it’s true.

-Peyton: Okay. Look, come here, no…Come here. (Peyton stands up). All right. I want you to listen to me. I care about Lucas, and I always will, but he’s insanely in love with you. You know why? So am I. You’re my Brooke! I’m not gonna hurt you again.

-Brooke: Okay, ‘cause I really don’t want to hurt again.

-Peyton: Come here.

Peyton takes Brooke in her arms.

-Peyton: You’re something, you know that? I get sh*t and you’re the one that needs consoling.

-Brooke: Sorry. You want a lift?

-Peyton: Yes, I do!

-Peyton: Hold on.

Peyton takes up Brooke’s back.

-Peyton: Pleas don’t fall!

-Brooke: No, I got you. I got you.

-Peyton: Am I that heavy?-Brooke: No, I got you.

CUT TO:

[Peyton’s bedroom-Night]

Larry tidies up Peyton’s CDs. Brooke and Peyton came and laughing.

-Peyton: Okay.

-Larry: Oh, boy.

Peyton and Brooke stops laughing when they saw Larry’s work.

-Peyton: Dad. What did you do?

-Larry: I know your room’s like some holy land, forbidden to fathers, but I thought I’d make you some shelves. You know, sweetie, people will things that have given them great happiness in their life. Things that have helped them make sense of the world. I’m sure that Ellie hoped that when you played these albums, that you would remember her. And she would be with you in the music.

-Peyton: Thank you. But where’s my bed?

-Larry: I don’t think you have room for a queen-sized bed. I’m bringing two singles in here. ? Now that Brooke’s moving in.

-Brooke: What? Really?

-Larry: Best friends should stick together. Welcome home.

Larry go.

-Brooke: This is gonna be amazing! I have to teach you the scrunchie system…

-Peyton: No, no, no, no. No nudity in our room, okay? But speaking of boys…Tonight, after the party, I hooked up with Pete from Fall Out Boy. We made out!

-Brooke: Oh, Peyton, we’re gonna find you a boyfriend, honey, you don’t have to lie about it.

-Peyton: No, I…

-Brooke: Now, how do you feel about a round bed?

-Peyton: Whatever you say, roommate.

CUT TO:

[Lucas’ house-Day]

Karen is in the kitchen and she cleans Keith’s cup when this one fall in the sink and broken. Karen want to get back this and cuts oneself. Lucas comes in the kitchen.

-Lucas: Hey, Mom, you okay?

Karen turns back and saw Lucas with a black dinner suit.

-Karen: What are you doing?

-Lucas: It’s what Keith would’ve wanted.

-Karen: Absolutely not. You got to your room and you change.

-Lucas: No.

-Karen: I said, go change.

-Lucas: It’s what Keith would want.

Lucas go away and Karen’s crying.

CUT TO:

Lucas, Mouth, Skills, Fergie and Junk are on the road to go to Jimmy’s funeral. At the cemetery, Jimmy’s mother are here. Lucas, Mouth, Skills, Junk and Fergie came and Lucas takes Jimmy’s mother in his arms.

THE END