04x01 - The Same Deep Water as You

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

04x01 - The Same Deep Water as You

Post by bunniefuu »

[Molina Bridge-River (underwater)-Day]

NATHAN, in the limo, gasping for air in the only air bubble that is left on the roof of the limo)

NATHAN: (in panic/gasping) HELP! Help me! HALEY! (to himself) Oh, God

[Molina Bridge-Day]

HALEY, in panic, is on her knees on the bridge looking down at the river)

HALEY: (crying) NATHAN! Cooper!

(Cut to NATHAN underwater: HALEY’s voice can be heard as he still stays by the air bubble on the roof but it starts filling up)

HALEY’s voice: (crying) Nathan!

(Cut to HALEY)

HALEY: (looks at road) HEEEEELP!

(Cut to NATHAN who goes down as he’s running out of air)

HALEY’s voice: SOMEBODY PLEASE …

(Cut to HALEY: She is standing up jumping and looking at the river)

HALEY: HEEEEEEELP!

(Cut to the river, underwater: The bracelet HALEY put on NATHAN right hand before the limo fell, is floating in the water as NATHAN’s hand tries to reach it but the hand and the bracelet separate Cut to NATHAN’s face underwater, all the air he has left is running out as he lets out a bunch of air bubbles that transcend into water bubbles from a gallon of water that is being used to get some water at the Tree Hill Memorial Hospital)

(LUCAS is standing by the gallon, looking at it)

LUCAS: (v.o) My name is Lucas Scott (walks away) I’m a senior at Tree Hill high school (walks down the hospital hall) Tree Hill is just a place somewhere in the world … maybe it’s a lot like your world (stands still and looks ahead) maybe it’s nothing like it …

(LUCAS looks at the hospital door open automatically and HALEY is standing by it looking down, her dress is a mess and so is she, mentally)

LUCAS: (v.o) … but if you look closer (looks at HALEY sympathetically) you might see someone like you (walks up to HALEY) or someone like my best friend, Haley …

(HALEY sees LUCAS and he holds out a cup of water)

LUCAS: (v.o) If you’re married, a senior in high school (HALEY hugs LUCAS, crying) and not sure if your husband is still alive … then I’d say your world is a lot like Haley’s

(LUCAS puts his arm around HALEY and they walk through the hall)

LUCAS: (v.o) Today was suppose to be the best day of her life … but it’s amazing how things can change in the blink of an eye

(LUCAS and HALEY keep walking, a hospital clock on the wall that reads “2:30”)

LUCAS: (v.o) Or in this case … in about 29 minutes

(White flash, when the flash ends it Cuts to LUCAS’ car clock that reads “2:01”: NATHAN and HALEY are in it)

(NATHAN laughs)

HALEY: (smiles) What?

NATHAN: I can’t believe that Rachel got drunk and stole our wedding limo

HALEY: I can’t believe that your Uncle Cooper slept with Rachel--she’s (enunciates) seventeen--what is he like thirty?

NATHAN: He must not’ve known. I mean, he couldn’t of known … right?

(HALEY laughs as the car continues up the road)

[Tree Hill-Road-Limo-Day]

RACHEL crying and upset, COOPER, driving with an upset look)

RACHEL: (crying) When we slept together that night, you new I was seventeen

COOPER: Rachel … enough

RACHEL: Maybe it could work, Cooper (COOPER looks out from side mirror) you know (laughs sadly) we’re good together--maybe the age difference doesn’t matter--

COOPER: --It does matter! All right? …and listen to me, we’re gonna take this limousine back to the reception (Rachel cries more) where you and I … never happened

RACHEL: (desperate) Isn’t there anything I can say to keep you, Coop?

COOPER: No, I’m sorry, there’s not

RACHEL: Well that’s to bad … because there’s something I have to tell you

(COOPER looks at her) … (voice breaking) I’m pregnant

(COOPER, in shock, looks at her stomach)

COOPER: (looks at road/not buying it) I don’t believe you

RACHEL: (mad) Pull over

COOPER: No, I’m not lettin’ you out of this car until we talk about this

RACHEL: I SAID “PULL OVER” !

COOPER: NO! YOU DON’T JUST TELL-- (RACHEL pulls the wheel) HEY! GET YOUR HANDS OFF THE WHEEL!

(The car skids off the road, then back onto it and it heads to the bridge. At the same time LUCAS’ car, with NATHAN and HALEY in it, are driving towards them on the opposite side. The limo goes on there car’s lane and NATHAN is looking at HALEY)

HALEY: LOOK OUT!

(NATHAN looks ahead and dramatically turns the wheel and both the cars skid. RACHEL is putting her hands up to block herself and COOPER looses control of the limo trying to avoid hitting the car. LUCAS’ car skids to the side of the road but the limo, in slow-motion, falls of the bridge as it brakes the wooden guard rail’s and lands upside down into the lake. It stays floating on the top for some seconds before it starts to sink to the bottom. Camera moves to COOPER and RACHEL who are in the car unconscious and the whole limo is filled with water cut to NATHAN and HALEY getting out of the car as they run to the side of the bridge)

NATHAN: That was Cooper! (looks out to the river) Cooper!

HALEY: (looks out to the river) COOPER!

NATHAN: (moves back but facing river) Haley, call nine--one--one

HALEY: (scared) Nathan, don’t!

(NATHAN takes his eyes off the river and looks at HALEY)

NATHAN: (as if saying goodbye) I love you

(HALEY, sadly mouths “don’t” NATHAN stares at her for a moment and then runs from the bridge onto the river)

HALEY: NATHAN!

(NATHAN jumps in and falls in the river in slow-motion, dives in head first)

HALEY: (impatiently) NATHAN! (NATHAN no longer visible) Nathan!

(Cut to Limo underwater: NATHAN looks inside the limo through the drivers side and can see COOPER and RACHEL unconscious. He then goes in through one of the limo windows and swims towards them. NATHAN tugs on COOPER a bit before trying to pull of his seatbelt which seems jammed but he manages to undo it, he tries to open the car door but it wont budge, he then tries to carry COOPER but he is running out of air and lets out a scream. NATHAN swims up to a bubble at the roof of the limo and takes a deep breath)

NATHAN: (gasping) God! HELP ME!

(Cut to HALEY sitting and crying at bridge looking down on the river)

HALEY: (crying/desperately) HELP, PLEASE!

(All of a sudden a car comes driving by and HALEY quickly stands to signal to it)

HALEY: (jumping) Oh! Stop! Stop! (car stops) Oh, Luke! (tries to open driver door)

(LUCAS and KAREN are in the car and they quickly run out and head to the bridge as HALEY talks frantically and in panic, heading to the side by the river)

HALEY: (crying) The limousine--with Cooper--went off the bridge and then--and then Nathan jumped over (crying harder) and he hasn’t come up for a really long time

(As they look over at the river there are bubble sounds and a body floats up head side down)

HALEY: (thinking the worst) NATHAN!

LUCAS: (horrified/quietly) Oh, God

(LUCAS takes off his jacket)

(LUCAS drops his jacket and jumps in the water feet first, the girls scream as LUCAS jumps in, swims back up and looks around)

HALEY: OH!

KAREN: (grabs HALEY by the shoulders) Did you call nine--one--one?!

HALEY: I did! I called them! (crying in panic) HELP HIM, LUKE!

(HALEY covers her mouth and cries as LUCAS grabs the body and tries to drag it to the shore)

(LUCAS pulls the body to shore and he looks at it and sees its COOPER, he places COOPER on land and lies him down stomach side down)

LUCAS: IT’S COOPER!

(LUCAS looks around the river as if trying to eye NATHAN and then swims back in. HALEY looks at the body and mouths “Cooper”. KAREN who ran down from the bridge to COOPER kneels to him Cut to underwater: LUCAS is swimming and gets to the limo and looks in but RACHEL’s body is not there anymore, he swims back up to shore)

LUCAS: AAH! I CAN’T FIND HIM!

HALEY: WHAT?!

LUCAS: I CAN’T FIND HIM!

HALEY: WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! HE’S DOWN THERE!

LUCAS: NO! THE CAR IS EMPTY!

(LUCAS looks around) NATHAN! (KAREN looks around) NATHAN!

(LUCAS swims back under water)

HALEY: (looks over river) NATHAN!

(HALEY puts her hands on her head)

THEME SONG - Gavin DeGraw “I Don’t Want to Be”

<Note: The theme song is different with the changes of new images for the characters mostly from the first three episodes of this season, one of them being the infamous sh*t of the limo slowly falling into the river, also the characters “RACHEL” and “SKILLS” are added as regulars>

[Molina Bridge-Day]

KAREN is still with COOPER, HALEY is waiting on top at the bridge and LUCAS comes up from under the water)

LUCAS: I CAN’T FIND HIM! (looks around) NATHAN!

LUCAS: Nathan!

(LUCAS looks around and sees on the other side of the shore are RACHEL and NATHAN lying down belly side down. NATHAN has his arm around her, LUCAS mouths “Oh, my God”)

LUCAS: (swimming to NATHAN) HALEY, DON’T LOOK!

(HALEY walks to the other side where NATHAN is)

HALEY: Oh, GOD! (runs) NATHAN!

(LUCAS swims towards an unconscious RACHEL and NATHAN)

[Tree Hill Memorial Hospital-Hallway]

(On the other side of the hall in a waiting room sit LUCAS, sitting forward, and HALEY leaning on his shoulder, both staring into space)

LUCAS: (v.o) Things that take fourteen minutes … boiling an ostrich egg, Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video, it also takes fourteen minutes to get from the Molina Bridge to Tree Hill hospital In those fourteen minutes, three lives are in the balance (close up of HALEY and LUCAS) For the rest of us there was nothing to do but wait … I guess that’s why they call it the waiting room

LUCAS: (expressionless) Someone should call Dan

(LUCAS stands)

LUCAS: (v.o) Dan Scott is many things (dials cell) The mayor of Tree Hill (walks away) a once great high school basketball player (HALEY lies on couch) and Nathan’s father (holds phone to ear passing pictures on wall) he’s also my father but he never claimed me (passes one of DAN) believe it or not I got the better end of the deal (camera zooms into DAN’s picture) I was instead raised by my mom with help from my Uncle Keith …

[DAN SCOTT Residence-Living Room]

DAN, with a towel, is trying to scrub the words “m*rder*r” off his wall, he’s already taken off the “er” ex: m*rder “er”)

LUCAS: (v.o) … until Keith’s life was taken

(DAN scrubbing on the “r” from Murde “r”er as he thinks)

DAN: (v.o) (angry) You are no longer my brother, you son of a bitch!

(DAN stops scrubbing)

*Flashback-Tree Hill High-Hallway*

(Day of school sh**ting)

(DAN picks up the g*n after JIMMY had dropped it from sh**ting himself. DAN points the g*n to KEITH who has a mixture of hurt and fear and he slowly stands)

*End of Flashback*

(DAN stands there and thinks)

DAN: (v.o) You do not exist to me

*Flashback-Tree Hill High-Hallway*

(Day of school sh**ting)

(DAN sh**t the g*n and KEITH falls to the floor)

*End of Flashback*

(DAN stares into space, scared, and his cell rings. DAN looks at the phone from a distance for a moment, the cell is by the picture of KEITH and DAN when they were young, he looks back to the wall and continues scrubbing)

[Tree Hill Memorial Hospital]

LUCAS is in front of the baby room, where they keep the babies and is looking at them through the glass with the phone in his ear, he hangs up as KAREN walks up to him)

LUCAS: Hey, any news, ma?

(KAREN tisks and shakes her head “no” and they both look at the babies, she smiles and holds her stomach)

KAREN: We need to talk about this pregnancy

LUCAS: Keith would be so happy (motioning to her stomach) I can’t believe you’re having his baby

KAREN: I’m not talking about that pregnancy … who’s test did you find at the reception? Was it Brookes?

LUCAS: I’m not sure yet

KAREN: (sighs) I’m your mother, Lucas, and considering that I was pregnant at 17, I just want to know if … history is repeating itself with my son and his girlfriend

(LUCAS nods his head and DEB walks from behind LUCAS with a smile)

DEB: (smiles) Nathan’s awake

(LUCAS and KAREN turn to DEB as she walks away and LUCAS runs to her direction leaving KAREN there who looks back to the babies)

[Tree Hill Memorial Hospital-Emergency Room]

LUCAS runs in and he sees NATHAN on the examining bed and HALEY by his side, wearing LUCAS’ jacket--I think, and smiling)

LUCAS: (scoffs/sarcastic) So what? The wedding wasn’t enough, you needed even more attention?

NATHAN: (holds hand out) Thank you, Luke

(LUCAS shakes his hand)

LUCAS: For what?

(HALEY is rubbing NATHAN’s cheek)

NATHAN: For saving my life

LUCAS: I just got Cooper to shore, man, you’re the one who saved everybody … you’re a hero, Nate

(HALEY looks at NATHAN who looks forward, trying to remember it Cuts quickly to NATHAN under water Cut back to NATHAN Cut to NATHAN underwater Cut to NATHAN Cut to the river underwater where NATHAN desperately swims up to the limo roof to breath for air from the bubble)

NATHAN: HELP ME!

(Cut to the bracelet floating under water it keeps cutting to NATHAN and the bracelet quickly but each time, the bracelet floats more to the right Cut to air bubbles under water Cut to NATHAN’s hand, with the wedding ring, pounding on the roof of the limo Cut to NATHAN in the limo)

NATHAN: HALEY!

(Cut to HALEY under water just staring like a zombie for a split second Cut to NATHAN Cut to HALEY)

*End of Flashbacks*

(NATHAN looks away from LUCAS and HALEY)

[PEYTON’s Bedroom]

PEYTON is at her computer desk with a tin trash can holding her “Best Friends Forever” picture of her and BROOKE)

(PEYTON looks away from it, tears it to throw in the trash, when she does it falls into a pile of fire at the bottom of the trashcan. PEYTON picks up the picture with LUCAS, BROOKE and her and stares at it)

<Note: It’s the same picture BROOKE was looking at in Season 1 episode 17 “Spirit in the Night”>

(PEYTON looks away and thinks)

PEYTON: (v.o) If I say …

*Flashback-Tree Hill High-Library*

(Day of school sh**ting)

(LUCAS leans a little in as PEYTON moves closer and they kiss then part)

PEYTON: (v.o) … “I love you” will you hold it against me?

(LUCAS opens his eyes)

PEYTON: (v.o) Brooke?

*End of Flashback*

(PEYTON looks down)

PEYTON: (v.o) I think I still have feelings for Lucas

*Flashback-PEYTON’s Bedroom*

(BROOKE slaps PEYTON)

BROOKE: (angry) You’re a back-stabbing (points) two-faced bitch, Peyton!

*End of Flashback*

(PEYTON looks forward hurt)

BROOKE: (v.o) As far as I’m concerned …

PEYTON and BROOKE)

BROOKE: … this friendship is over …

*End of Flashback*

(PEYTON tears the picture)

BROOKE: (v.o) … and if we never speak again …

PEYTON with BROOKE)

(PEYTON looking down, crying)

BROOKE: … for the rest of our lives (PEYTON looks up) that’ll be fine

*End of Flashback*

(When PEYTON is done tearing the picture she puts two pieces together and it’s just her and LUCAS and she positions it so it looks like it was just the two of them that took that picture. She looks at it for a moment before she drops it down to the side with more pictures of her and BROOKE she walks to her wall of albums)

<Note in episode 117, BROOKE had actually removed herself from both PEYTON and LUCAS>

(PEYTON pulls out a Led Zeppelin album and when she’s pulling the disk out a paper falls down from it and she picks it up to read it, when she does she looks up in shock as if someone had told her, her mom had resurrected)

[DAN SCOTT Residence-Living room]

DAN is still cleaning the wall then walks away and sighs. He looks at the picture of him and KEITH as children and then looks up and sees the older boy in the picture, YOUNG KEITH, standing in front of him wearing the same thing in the picture, blue sweater, red shirt, dark pants)

YOUNG KEITH: Looks like I’m not the only one who knows you k*lled me

DAN: (looking to the side away from Y.K/mad) Shut up you little smart-ass ghost

(DAN goes back to the wall and continues cleaning. YOUNG KEITH looks outside and there is a detective looking cop car approaching his home)

YOUNG KEITH: (turns to DAN) No … I’m definitely not the only one who knows

(DAN, worried, walks over to a window to look outside the cops are out there)

YOUNG KEITH: (sing song voice) Some one’s in trouble

(DAN turns to YOUNG KEITH and sees him by the wall. YOUNG KEITH smiles, in an evil way, and touches the “m*rder*r” paint. DAN looks back out and he sees the police are approaching his door)

(DAN shuts his blinds)

[DAN SCOTT Residence-Front Porch-Day]

OFFICER #1 pounds lightly on the door, OFFICER #2 stands with him)

OFFICER #1: Mayor Scott, it’s the police

DAN’s VOICE: Be there in a second!

(DAN opens the door and walks outside)

DAN: Good afternoon, gentlemen (closes door behind him/holds hands out to show paint) You, uh, caught me red handed

OFFICER #1: Sorry to bother you, Mayor but, your sons had an accident

(DAN looks at them in shock)

DAN: … Which one?

(Elevator dings)

[Tree Hill Memorial Hospital-Elevator]

(The door opens and DAN walks out with a lot of reporters and photographers waiting for him, cameras shutter and reporters follow him)

REPORTER’s VOICE: Mayor Scott

(CHANNEL 3 REPORTER approaches DAN)

CH 3 REPORTER: Do you know how badly hurt your son is?

(Another reporter comes up to DAN)

WOMEN REPORTER: Mayor, will this affect his basketball career?

DAN: Look, I appreciate your concern for Nathan but right now I’m just a worried father who needs to see his son

(DAN walks away leaving all the reporters and photographers there and walks to the corner to look through a hall. Cut to LUCAS who is sitting at the hall across and he spots DAN who doesn’t see him. SKILLS runs up to LUCAS)

SKILLS: Luke?

(LUCAS looks happy to see him and sighs relived)

LUCAS: (stands) Hey, Skills

(LUCAS and SKILLS do that shake and shoulder hug that guys do)

SKILLS: Wha’ ‘sup, man? Bevin heard about the accident, man--how Nathan and Haley doing?

LUCAS: Uh, I think they’ll be okay

SKILLS: Cool (they walk across the hall) How ‘bout ‘chu?

LUCAS: I’m Fine

SKILLS: Sure about that? (LUCAS looks confused) ‘Cause Bevin heard you and Brooke had a little friction at the weddin’ (LUCAS gives him a look) Man--you know Bevin be hearin’ things, dawg

LUCAS: Look, I--Brooke kind-a found out that I … kissed Peyton … again

SKILLS: Wow … well--is a good thing you in a hospital … ‘Cause your sorry ass in bad shape, bro

LUCAS: Thanks, it was the school sh**ting--Peyton was scared, she kissed me and … I let her

SKILLS: Look (looks across) just in case Brooke decide to show up (looks him up and down) I don’t wanna be standing to close to you (LUCAS nods) Look, if you need something, dawg, call me (elevator dings) same go for Haley

(LUCAS holds his fists out and SKILLS does the same thing and they put them together)

PEYTON’s VOICE: Lucas!

(PEYTON walks from the elevator to LUCAS and SKILLS)

SKILLS: And try not to make out with her, please

(LUCAS closes his eyes for a moment, SKILLS leaves but shows the peace sign to PEYTON before he goes and she walks up to LUCAS)

PEYTON: Hey … how’s Nathan, is he okay?

LUCAS: (little tired) Yeah, I think so--he’s awake (PEYTON nods) Rachel and Cooper are still unconscious

(PEYTON stares at LUCAS for a moment)

PEYTON: (whispers) I’m sorry

(PEYTON leans forward to hug LUCAS and he hugs her back, they hold on to each other)

LUCAS: (v.o) Peyton Sawyer’s a good friend …

(PEYTON smiles, a bit, obviously happy)

(The elevator, from afar, opens and BROOKE walks out and stops suddenly to see LUCAS and PEYTON)

LUCAS: (v.o) … Brooke Davis is my girlfriend …

(BROOKE sees them hugging but they don’t see her, LUCAS has his eyes closed and PEYTON’s back is facing BROOKE at the elevator)

LUCAS: (v.o) … at least for now she is

(BROOKE looks uncomfortably away then heads to the opposite direction. LUCAS and PEYTON continue to hug)

[Tree Hill Memorial Hospital-RACHELS Recovery Room]

BROOKE walks in and sees RACHEL in her bed asleep, she takes one more step forward but then turns to exit)

RACHEL: (eyes closed/tired) Slut

BROOKE: (turns) Bitch

RACHEL: (smiles weakly/eyes closed) Whore

(BROOKE looks down and smiles, then walks forward to RACHEL who turns her head to face her)

RACHEL: Well (takes deep sigh) I know I’m not in heaven (inhales) …. ‘cause they’d never let Brooke Davis’ skanky ass through the gates (smiles)

BROOKE: And your ass wouldn’t fit … (smiles) at least not in the old one (RACHEL rests her eyes a bit) How are you?

RACHEL: Is Cooper okay?

BROOKE: (shrugs/sad) I don’t know, I’m sorry (RACHEL looks away) do you remember what happened?

RACHEL: (thinks) We were arguing

BROOKE: About what?

RACHEL: (deep sigh) … I told him I was pregnant (BROOKE’s eyes widen) … (guilty) but I lied … I’m not pregnant, I just … wanted to scare him

(BROOKE nods and LUCAS enters with her not noticing)

LUCAS: Brooke?

(BROOKE looks at RACHEL but is a little surprised then turns around, LUCAS smiles)

[The River Walk-Docks]

LUCAS and BROOKE walking)

LUCAS: I tried to call ya

BROOKE: Yeah--I know, I came as soon as I got your voice mail … I’m glad you’re okay

LUCAS: So, like, after you left the reception I found your purse and ….. iiiiit had a pregnancy test in it

BROOKE: We all got the same purse as wedding gifts

LUCAS: It had that … perfume you wear

(They stop and turn to each other)

BROOKE: Look, the test wasn’t … I’m not pregnant, okay (looks down) I promise

(LUCAS sighs, looks down and smiles a little, relieved. BROOKE nods and fake smiles)

[Tree Hill Memorial Hospital-Emergency room]

DAN hugging NATHAN)

DAN: How you feelin?

(DAN lets go and looks at NATHAN who’s sitting up)

NATHAN: (sighs) … I just wanna go home

DAN: (whispers) Yeah, sure, I understand (turns around) How ‘bout you, Haley? Not exactly the honeymoon planned

(HALEY and DEB are standing by entrance door next to a DOCTOR who’s looking at NATHAN’s x-rays)

HALEY: It’s okay, honeymoon can wait

(DAN smiles)

DAN: (to doctor) How’s the knee, doctor?

DOCTOR: (walks up to NATHAN) Oh, it’ll be fine, just sore for a couple of days but I’d like to run a couple tests if you don’t mind (pats NATHAN’s back)

DAN: (looking at NATHAN) Yeah

(DAN helps NATHAN stand up and they all start to exit from the room, except DAN)

DAN: Uh, Deb? (DEB stops) Do you have a minute?

(DEB looks at HALEY for a minute and then walks back in, the doors close)

DAN: (looking down) We, uh, haven’t exactly--

(DAN quickly grabs DEB by the throat and pushes her to the wall all this time DEB is screaming and scared)

DAN: (looks at her with m*rder in his eye) Had a chance to talk about your confession have we ex wife-y! (DEB gasps for air) You tried to k*ll me at the dealership fire

(DEB coughs and gasps with DAN still holding her by the throat)

DAN: Go ahead, scream for someone and force your little restraining order (DEB coughs) What? (sing-song voice) I can’t here you?

(DEB grabs DAN’s arm and throws it away from her throat)

DEB: You son of a bitch!

(DEB starts coughing)

DAN: No, no that’d be Nathan--you see, he’s the son, you’re the bitch

DEB: You listen to me

DAN: (threatening voice) No, you listen to me … you don’t know the hell you unleashed when you blew it (loud whisper/through teeth) and now it’s my turn (DEB looks at him, terrified) so you be afraid, Deb … be more than afraid

(DAN walks to the door pushes a button and the doors automatically open. He leaves DEB there leaning on the wall and the doors closes)

[NATHAN and HALEY’s Apartment-Living room]

HALEY and NATHAN enter, HALEY brings her luggage and her veil and NATHAN holds airline tickets)

NATHAN: Hales, I can get those

HALEY: It’s okay, I’ve got it

(HALEY looks around and notices the changes in the room but focuses on the wall behind the couch, it’s a big mural of the London bridge and the city, the walls are blue and there’s this expensive looking tall, thin piece of glass that is glowing in neon blue that has water bubbles, looks like the bubbles are going up)

NATHAN: I was gonna surprise you when we got back … (smiles) it’s the London Bridge

HALEY: (smiles) Thank you (she puts her hand on NATHAN’s cheek) it’s probably good that we didn’t go (clears throat) I mean the wedding wasn’t cheap, now we got new furniture to pay for and (walks towards kitchen) I can’t wait to get those hospital bills especially considering we don’t have insurance

(NATHAN stops by the blue glass and stares at it)

*Flashback-Molina Bridge-River (underwater)*

(Bubbles fill the water at the river Cut to close up of LUCAS’ car, the grills and tire, as it drives Cut to HALEY putting the bracelet on NATHAN just moments before reaching the bridge she looks at NATHAN and smiles Cut to HALEY, still in the car, putting her hand away from her mouth as she looks at NATHAN Cut to HALEY looking at her corsage, NATHAN’s arm around her Cut to NATHAN underwater in limo, swims to the roof to gasp for air)

NATHAN: Oh, God! … HALEY!

*End of Flashback*

(NATHAN stands staring at the blue water glass. HALEY walks up to him and rubs his arm)

HALEY: It’s okay, you’re safe, you’re home now

(NATHAN puts his arm around HALEY, she looks at him for a moment then they hug)

NATHAN: Hey, um … before thee accident … there was something that you wanted to tell me

HALEY: (looks down) I … got accepted to Stanford

(HALEY looks up and smiles, NATHAN makes a “really?” expression)

NATHAN: Wow … Well (smiles) I’m happy for you, Hales (deep sigh) even though we just spent your tuition money

(HALEY sadly groans and hugs NATHAN)

HALEY: Mmm, it’s all right we’ll figure something out, as long as were together

(NATHAN is looking forward and thinking)

[PEYTON’s Bedroom]

PEYTON sits on her bed, back facing the door, reading the letter she found. LUCAS enters and knocks on the wall)

LUCAS: Hey

(PEYTON quickly turns and hides the letter behind her back)

PEYTON: Hey (LUCAS walks in) Everything okay?

LUCAS: Yeah, uh, (sits on bed) Nathan’s home and-- … Rachel’s awake, just … waitin’ on Cooper

PEYTON: Lookin’ for Brooke?

LUCAS: Sort of, yeah, I saw her at the hospital and she said that she kind of went off on ya

PEYTON: Oh, yeah, pretty much told me to go Brooke myself

LUCAS: I’m sorry, Peyton (PEYTON smiles a “that’s okay”) I mean, I didn’t think that kiss meant anything but apparently to Brooke it meant everything

PEYTON: She didn’t say anything else, did she? (LUCAS looks at her) about me? Or … us?

LUCAS: Like what?

(PEYTON tries to come out and say it but only comes up with …)

PEYTON: Nothing (shakes head negatively)

LUCAS: Is that letter form her?

(LUCAS had noticed the letter she’d been hiding so she pulls it out from her side since there was no point in hiding it)

PEYTON: (holds it by lap) Actually no (looking at letter) you remember when Ellie came to town and told me she was my birth mother?

(LUCAS nods)

PEYTON: It’s happening again

LUCAS: You have a … third mother--

PEYTON: --No (LUCAS chuckles) Not exactly

(PEYTON holds out the letter for LUCAS to take, he gives her a confused look before he reaches out to read it, PEYTON looks at the letter from afar waiting for a response)

LUCAS: (eyes never leaving letter) Wuh-- … where’d you get this?

PEYTON: From an album she left … one of her favorites

LUCAS: Then, if this is … true

PEYTON: (nods/smiles) Yeah

(LUCAS looks at PEYTON)

PEYTON: Apparently I have a brother

(LUCAS scoffs and PEYTON fake grins)
[Tree Hill Memorial Hospital-COOPER’s Recovery Room]

COOPER lies there unconscious. RACHEL walks up to him, wearing her hospital gown and kisses him on the mouth then looks at him)

RACHEL: (sadly) I’m so sorry

(RACHEL stares at COOPER)

REEVES VOICE: I understand you were inebriated

(RACHEL turns around to see DETECTIVE REEVES standing by the door. Throughout this scene the detective uses a bit of a suspicious tone on RACHEL)

REEVES: (walks towards RACHEL) Several witnesses say you were-- … you made a bit of a scene at the reception (RACHEL stroking COOPER but looking at REEVES) said you were pretty upset with him (RACHEL looks scared) Now, when you’re up to it … we’re gonna need to take your statement about what happened on that bridge, I’m especially interested to here (RACHEL looks at COOPER ready to cry) how a … (behind RACHEL) professional driver could just-- … loose control of the vehicle like that … I mean--I have my theory but (RACHEL looks at him) for your sake (shakes head negatively) you better hope he wakes up and tells me that I’m wrong

(REEVES exits and RACHEL looks back at COOPER)

[The River Court-Basket Ball Court-Day]

SKILLS playing one-on-one with FERGIE, MOUTH at bleachers with JUNK sitting next to him)

SKILLS: You--smell that, Fergie? Mmm? It smell like …

(SKILLS fakes FERGIE and passes him towards the hoop and makes a basket)

MOUTH: OH! A basket by Skills and a visit by Lucas Scott--both rare occurrences

(SKILLS, holding the ball, and FERGIE walk over to LUCAS who is walking towards the court)

SKILLS: Hey, Yo, Mouth? Stay off the cr*ck pipe, dawg

(LUCAS laughs and shakes SKILLS hand and they shoulder hug, same with FERGIE)

FERGIE: What’s up, baby?

LUCAS: Good, brother

SKILLS: How Nate?

LUCAS: He’ll be okay

MOUTH: What about Rachel?

LUCAS: You haven’t seen her yet? (MOUTH shakes head negatively) I think she’ll be okay, no word on Cooper yet, though

SKILLS: So look, I got a favor to “a*” you?

LUCAS: Yeah, anything

SKILLS: All right--I was kind-a thinkin’ about trying to go to college but … money kind-a tight right now, Anyway, I know you had to leave the team because of your heart condition and all that … but I was thinkin’ maybe the ravens could use another sh**ting guard

LUCAS: You wanna join the Ravens?

SKILLS: If it’s gonna get me a scholarship. I mean, look, I know it’s a long sh*t but … you never know, they might actually (LUCAS laughs) make a run in the post season and somebody might actually get to see me play, you know--Small D2, Juco--whatever, just wondering if you could talk to Whitey for me

(LUCAS laughs)

LUCAS: Absolutely

(LUCAS and SKILLS shake hands and shoulder hug)

SKILLS: Hey, look, I just wanna try out, dawg. I’m not axin’ for no special treatment or nothin’ just a chance

LUCAS: I hear you, man, I was there--I’ll talk to Whitey

SKILLS: Cool, good lookin’ out

(SKILLS hands LUCAS the ball, LUCAS grabs it and sh**t from where he’s standing, the ball flies through the air and goes into the basket)

[DEB SCOTT (LEE) Residence-Kitchen]

DEB looking through drawer by fridge then closes it and looks around with an expression like she’s impatient and desperate to find what she’s looking for. She sees flowers in a vase on the island-counter and grabs them only to dump the flowers out on the counter, when she does a bottle of prescription pills falls out, she picks them up and looks at them for a moment before heading to the sink to open the bottle when she does she holds it up realizing what she’s about to do again)

DAN has a ladder with paint on it, he is holding a paint roller and painting the wall a bit of a darker red then the words “m*rder*r” he has so far painted over “rderer” he brings the roller to the paint to add more and then looks over at the picture of him and KEITH as children, picks it up stares at it as it transcends to a close up of the picture. KEITH is on the right, smiling, DAN is on the left, not smiling)

[ROE Residence-Kitchen]

KAREN walks in fixing her hair a bit and walks over to the shelf to grab a pile of mail, DAN enters from the door that heads outside and stands by the frame, KAREN is facing him but doesn’t notice his presence since she’s looking at the mail)

(DAN knocks and KAREN looks up)

DAN: May I?

KAREN: … How’s Nathan?

DAN: (walks in) I don’t know, really? You’d have to ask my ex-wife

KAREN: (walks towards DAN/rhetorical tone) Who’s fault is that?

(DAN closes his eyes from the sting of her words)

DAN: Yeah, fair enough (looks down)

KAREN: And Cooper?

DAN: (looks up/upset) Cooper would be better off if he d*ed in his sleep--every time that immature punk comes into town my son ends up in the hospital

(KAREN walks towards him a little more but is looking down disappointed in DAN)

DAN: Hopefully he’ll be okay (stands face to face with KAREN) Karen? (chuckles) … (KAREN looks up annoyed) would it be the strangest of things if we got a cup of coffee sometime?

KAREN: (throws some mail at the table) I’ve given up coffee through my pregnancy

DAN: A movie then?

KAREN: No

DAN: You’ve given up movies, too?

KAREN: No, I just don’t wanna go with you

DAN: (softly) Karen, I-- … I just, uh … I just wanna be there for you … I know I wasn’t there for you and Lucas but you shouldn’t have to raise another child on your own

KAREN: I didn’t raise Lucas alone (looks DAN up and down) I had Keith

(KAREN walks away and DAN stands there not even moving a bit, his eyes look down)

[NATHAN and HALEY’s Apartment-Living room]

(The TV is on and it’s showing the limo being pulled out of the river as the phone rings, camera moves to NATHAN, on the couch, who is staring at the TV intensely and it seems like he doesn’t even notice the phone ringing)

ANCHORMAN ON TV: Though the car leapt The Molina Bridge (phone rings) and crashed through the guard rail was completely submerged. The occupants of the car (phone rings) were bein driving to …

(HALEY, hair wet, walks to the living room and answers phone, holding two cups of coffee)

HALEY: Hello? … (looks annoyed) I’m sorry, no comment

(HALEY hangs up the phone and puts it down, walks up to NATHAN and sits on the couch with him)

HALEY: (weak smile) The hardest days seem to last the (small laugh) longest (leans back on couch) Is it possible we only renewed our wedding vows this morning

(NATHAN hasn’t even bothered to look away from the TV)

NATHAN: It was like another life ago

(NATHAN watches as they pull the limo from the river and onto the Molina Bridge. At the bottom of the TV screen it reads “… as two from submerged limousine. COOPER LEE and RACHEL GATINA are …” )

ANCHORMAN ON TV: … Mr. Lee and Miss Gatina … some viewers will recall that Nathan’s Heroism, also at the center of a tragic …

(HALEY must notice how it’s getting to NATHAN a bit so she sympathetically puts her arm around him but he doesn’t take his eyes off the TV)

HALEY: (smiles) Hey

(HALEY puts her hand on NATHAN’s cheek and turns his head to look at her, when he does she smiles at him and she lightly rubs his face)

HALEY: What happened down there?--at the river? Can you tell me?

(NATAN looks away)

(A close up of NATHAN’s face which seems like he’s drowning then it fades to COOPER and RACHEL trapped in the car as NATHAN swims up to them and tries to get COOPER out but notices the seatbelt and starts tugging on it but it seems jammed, all of a sudden COOPER grabs his hand and NATHAN’s looks up at him. COOPER widens his eyes open and it scares NATHAN)

*End of Flashback*

NATHAN: (quietly) I don’t know

HALEY: (softly) It’s gonna be okay, Nathan

(HALEY hugs him and leans him back on the couch with her arms still around him)

HALEY: Everything’s gonna be okay

NATHAN: I don’t think so, Haley … today, for the first time in a long time … it doesn’t feel like anything’s gonna be okay

(Hospital heart monitor starts beeping rapidly in the background)

(Cut to Tree Hill Memorial Hospital--COOPER’s Recovery Room)

COOPER’s heart monitor starts beeping rapidly and it changes from 39 to an arrow pointing down and goes flat line, COOPER is lying in his bed and the camera zooms to him)

(Cut to NATHAN and HALEY: COOPER’s monitor, which is still flat, is heard in the background, NATHAN is looking ahead as HALEY pulls him closer to lean her head on his head)

(Cut to RACHEL’s Recovery Room: RACHEL is sitting up on the bed and the heart monitor, which is flat, can be heard, she widens her eyes, in shock. Doctors and nurses are outside her room running to COOPER’s room)

NURSE: CODE BLUE!

WOMEN: Code three, code blue--code three

(RACHEL turns and runs out)

(Cut to NATHAN and HALEY: Heart monitor, Flat, heard in the background)

HALEY: You’re a hero, you did everything that you could

(NATHAN looks at HALEY with a “Did I” expression)

(Cut to Tree Hill Memorial Hospital: Flat line heard as Nurses are bringing in that Defibrillator, heart pumping machine that they use to revive the heart by giving electric shocks, as the doctor tries pumping COOPER’s heart with her palms)

DOCTOR: Code blue! Cardiac arrest (pumps COOPER’s chest with palms) pulse rapidly descending

(An intern grabs an oxygen mask and puts it on COOPER)

(Cut to NATHAN and HALEY: Monitor still in background)

NATHAN: Did I?

(Cut to COOPER’s room: [flat line] RACHEL runs in and stands by the door frame and she sees the doctor pumping COOPER’s heart and the intern putting an oxygen mask on his face. She stares scared as DETECTIVE REEVES walks up to her from behind. The doctor and the nurse stare at the heart monitor which is not showing any change)

DOCTOR: We’re losing him!

(DOCTOR and INTERN continue and REEVES looks at RACHEL like if he wants her to feel responsible, which she does, the scene fades and so does the flat line)

(Cut to Tree Hill Memorial hospital: [flat line] DOCTOR continues pumping COOPER’s heart with her palms

DOCTOR: Let’s have a high dose of Epi (pronounces it Eppy)

(The intern removes COOPER’s gown so it can go down to his upper ribs. RACHEL and REEVES watch from the door. The doctor runs to the other side of the room)

DOCTOR: Prepare to defibrillate

(DOCTOR grabs the two handles from the defibrillator as the defibrillator charges)

DOCTOR: Clear

(DOCTOR places them on COOPER’s chest, the shocks are heard and his body jumps up, it startles RACHEL)

INTERN: No response

DOCTOR: Push one of Atropine

(DETECTIVE REEVES and RACHEL watch)

DOCTOR’s VOICE: I’m Gonna hit him again … clear

(DOCTOR shocks him again, there are red marks on his chest from the first one. COOPER’s heart monitor starts beeping at a normal rate)

INTERN: B.P--100 systolic … Pulse OX rising

(DOCTOR puts the handles back to the machine and shuts it off as one of the nurses holds the oxygen mask on COOPER’s face, his heart monitor continues to beep at a normal rate)

[Tree Hill Memorial Hospital-Cooper’s Recovery Room-Some time later]

COOPER is lying in bed as RACHEL, back facing door, holds his wrist and stares at him, scared and sad. HALEY enters holding a bouquet of flowers and looks at RACHEL for a moment then walks in. RACHEL turns and looks at HALEY then back to COOPER, HALEY places her flowers on a desk)

RACHEL: (eyes on COOPER) He should’ve been awake by now (HAYLEY walks up to them but stares at her with a “your fault” look) They told me Nathan saved my life … how is he?

HALEY: (looking at COOPER/softly and mad) How is he? (turns to RACHEL) … (looks at RACHEL coldly) He’s devastated, Rachel, and it’s all your fault

RACHEL: (sad) Haley, I--

HALEY: --I saw you in the limo, with Cooper, you were arguing with him, weren’t you?

RACHEL: (voice breaking) It wasn’t what it looked like--

HALEY: --You ruined everything, you caused a huge scene at the reception, you stole the limo and now everybody’s life is worse because of you (RACHEL looks down sadly) does it even matter to you? (RACHEL looks up) a little bit. Are you gonna change one single thing because of it? … Nathan doesn’t need you’re thanks--neither do I. So why don’t you stay the hell away from us (quickly looks at COOPER) all of us

(HALEY, angry, exits and RACHEL sadly looks at COOPER)

[ROE Residence-LUCAS’ Bedroom]

LUCAS sitting on bed looking at the picture of KEITH and KAREN holding an infant LUCAS, KAREN walks by through the hall)

LUCAS: Hey, mom?

(KAREN, holding a glass of water, stands by the door frame. The scene is set with KAREN by the door and LUCAS is seen on his bed from a mirror next to her)

LUCAS: It wasn’t Brooke, she’s not pregnant (KAREN seems slightly relieved) … are you happy about … your pregnancy?

(KAREN puts her water down on the desk by the mirror and walks up to LUCAS)

KAREN: Why would you ask me that?

LUCAS: Well (KAREN sits) when Andy proposed to you, you said no because … he wanted to have a family and you didn’t want kids … and that’s fair mom you put your life on hold for me a lot but-- …

KAREN: (smiles) Things are different now … this is Keith’s child, too

(LUCAS looks down and slightly laughs)

LUCAS: Okay (turns more to KAREN) well … so then what would you say if I told you that I wanted to stay in Tree Hill for college?

KAREN: … (pats LUCAS’ arm) He did a good job with you … but UNC is not that far away (smiles) and I’ll be fine

(LUCAS nods his head for a while and mouths “kay” KAREN pats him and smiles then stands and goes to grab her water and exit)

LUCAS: It’s pretty cool though, huh? (KAREN turns) That you and Keith are having a baby (nods) It’s kind-a like a part of him’s coming back to us

(KAREN looks at him for a moment)

Karen: He did a good job with you

(KAREN looks at LUCAS as she exits, he stares at the door for a moment then looks back down at the picture almost as if he wants to cry)

[Tree Hill Memorial Hospital-RACHEL’s Recovery Room]

BROOKE, holding a gym bag, enters to a not so chipper RACHEL)

Brooke: (exhales) Okay, so mission accomplished--I brought you some make-up and those scissors you wanted (puts bag on food stand and sits on bed) some music--a couple of outfits, which remind me clothes over bros should totally be designing hospital gowns ‘cause I would not be (points disgustedly) caught dead in that … (RACHEL looks down sadly) Sorry

RACHEL: (slowly inhales) Do you think people can change, Brooke? … I mean, truly change

(BROOKE looks down and shrugs)

BROOKE: Well (looks up) I’d like to say yes but honestly …. (shakes head negatively) I don’t really think people can change (RACHEL looks down sadly) you know, at the end of the day you are who you are and it’s probably who you’ve always been

(RACHEL looks up and nods)

RACHEL: What if who you’ve been is pretty horrible?

(BROOKE looks down uncomfortably and quickly holds up keys to change the subject)

BROOKE: I, I brought you back your house key’s (RACHEL rolls her eyes) It’s a very nice house, big rooms--no parents, I use ta … have one of those (smiles)

(RACHEL looks down for a moment)

RACHEL: Keep ‘em (BROOKE gives her an “excuse me?” look) I mean, you moved out of Peyton’s place, right? … You might as well crash at my house (BROOKE looks down smiling) unless you don’t want to

BROOKE: (scoffs humored) So … this is what it looks like when hell freezes over? (RACHEL looks down and smiles) …. (nodding) thank you

(sh*t of computer with music list on screen, PEYTON is sitting on LUCAS’ bed and LUCAS has the computer on the bed but sits on the chair at his desk)

LUCAS: (breaths in through teeth) “She’s A Runner”?

PEYTON: (points) Billy Squire--and I am very impressed that you have Billy Squire on your I-tunes

LUCAS: Actually … I think you gave that to me

(PEYTON puts finger by mouth and looks up, thinking)

PEYTON: Oh

LUCAS: Okay, uh … “The Runaway Found”--

PEYTON: --The Veils

LUCAS: “Running to stay--

PEYTON: --U2

LUCAS: (closes eye’s for moment/finishes title) Still”

PEYTON: Uh-huh

(LUCAS laughs lightly and PEYTON looks at him smiling waiting for the next one)

LUCAS: (quickly) “Running with the--

PEYTON: --Van Halen!--

LUCAS: (through teeth) --Devil!” God! (PEYTON laughs) Good … man, when was the last time we just hug out?

PEYTON: Ummm, God just the two of us? (rubs nose) I don’t know, (smiling) probably the day we hid out in the library and I go sh*t in the leg

LUCAS: (looks down) Yeaaah, you think about that much?

PEYTON: …Every day (looks away and down) I wish I could take that day back for you’re mom and Keith (LUCAS looks down and nods) and I wish I could take back our kiss for you and Brooke

(PEYTON looks at LUCAS who looks up at her and sighs)

LUCAS: (smug) “Moody Suburban Teenage Love Song”

PEYTON: (softly) Nice try (normal) Slow Runner

(LUCAS laughs lightly and puts his head down, PEYTON laughs)

LUCAS: Okay, so this … maybe brother of yours

PEYTON: Mmm

LUCAS: … He’s not Ellie’s kid, right?

PEYTON: Mm-mm, no, he is thee son of the biological father I haven’t met (inhales) … (quietly) apparently his name is Derek

LUCAS: You gonna call him?

PEYTON: I don’t know (LUCAS gives her a “What?” look) I mean, it’s not just … about me. It’s his life to consider, too (looks down) so … I mean, maybe he doesn’t even know about me an-- … maybe, he doesn’t wanna know about me

LUCAS: Or maybe he found a letter in a Led Zeppelin album and he’s just a little to (teasing) scared to pick up the phone and dial

(PEYTON gives him a “ha ha, very funny” look, the door opens and BROOKE enters to sees PEYTON in her boyfriends room)

LUCAS: Hey

BROOKE: I’d--

LUCAS: We were just-- …

(LUCAS motions to him and PEYTON. PEYTON looks down)

BROOKE: (coldly) I’d like to talk to my boyfriend (PEYTON gets up) alone

(PEYTON walk to the door a bit uncomfortable with the situation and LUCAS looks sympathetically at PEYTON for the way he sees BROOKE treating her. PEYTON starts to exit)

BROOKE: (bitchy) Nice job not hitting on him

(PEYTON stands next to BROOKE and looks at LUCAS)

PEYTON: (smiles) Luke, I’ll get those CD’s later … thanks for the sex

(BROOKE gives PEYTON a look and PEYTON just smiles at her and exits)

LUCAS: (stands) She’s … (points outside) joking

(BROOKE closes the door and looks away mad)

LUCAS: I was trying to call you

BROOKE: (turns to LUCAS) You mean, when you weren’t hanging out with Peyton?

LUCAS: (rolls eyes) Come on, Brooke? You never called me back

BROOKE: (hands on hips) Now you know how I feel (LUCAS can’t respond) … Listen, I know it’s been difficult for you lately--losing Keith and your heart condition (LUCAS listens) and giving up basketball (LUCAS looks away sadly) … I feel like … I’ve been keeping you close to me to try ta protect you from those things (LUCAS gives her a look like he’s not understanding where it’s all going) like I’m hanging on to the two of us for you … but not for me

(LUCAS looks up, somewhat annoyed, like it’s the same argument over and over)

LUCAS: (“how may times can I say it” tone) I’m sorry I kissed, Peyton (sits) … I should’ve told you

BROOKE: It’s not about that, Luke … it’s not--I-- … you-- (walks to LUCAS) I thought that it was but this is not about her (sits face to face with LUCAS) this is about (points to self) me … I love you, Lucas (LUCAS smiles and puts his hand on her lap) and I probably always will (LUCAS’ smiles drops when he feels a “But” coming) … (voice breaking) but we go days without having a meaningful conversation … and I use to miss you so much when that happened … (teary) But it never seemed like you missed me (LUCAS looks down tries to talk but can’t say anything) and I guess because of it I stopped missing you (LUCAS looks up as if her words are hurting him) I mean, look at today …

(BROOKE’s voice drowns out with LUCAS’ voice, he keeps his eyes on her and his eyes get sadder and sadder)

LUCAS: (v.o) I guess I should’ve said something, anything, I mean, for a guy who wants to be a writer it suddenly … seemed like no words had ever been written but when someone tells you they stopped missing you (he shakes his head negatively) … you’re pretty much screwed no matter what you say

*This is what BROOKE is saying while LUCAS’ voice over fades hers, Sorry that I couldn’t catch it all, and some of it may not be on point*

BROOKE: There was … there was an accident and you … called me after words … (points to computer) But making a mix with Peyton? Sharing a laugh with Peyton … it shouldn’t be, should it?

BROOKE: … shouldn’t be like this, Luke

LUCAS: (heartbroken/quietly) Brooke

BROOKE: (whispering) I’m sorry … (hand by heart/teary) I can’t do this anymore

LUCAS: (v.o) See but there had to be something (BROOKE leans in and kisses him on the forehead but is looking ahead) right? (BROOKE stands to exit) Something that no one had ever said in the history of the world--something that could change this (out loud) Brooke?

(BROOKE turns not really wanting to)

LUCAS: … I’m sorry

BROOKE: (nods/softly) Yeah, me, too

(BROOKE smiles sadly and exits, the door closes from the outside and the camera’s looking in on LUCAS who is watching the door)

LUCAS: (v.o) That wasn’t it

RACHEL is by her bed, dressed in normal clothing with the gym bag in front of her, holding a pair of scissors and cuts her medical bracelet off with her back facing the door, MOUTH enters)

MOUTH: Going somewhere?

(RACHEL turns startled, then realizes it’s MOUTH and smiles)

RACHEL: I didn’t think you wanted to see me

MOUTH: (shrugs) I didn’t …

RACHEL: (worried) I really screwed this up, Mouth (MOUTH looks away for a moment upset that she’s thinking about COOPER, not them) I mean--we were fighting … and I grabbed the wheel … (MOUTH looks at her for a moment) I have to get out of here

(RACHEL turns and starts to gather her things)

MOUTH: You can’t runaway from this, Rachel

(RACHEL turns to MOUTH)

RACHEL: He could die, Mouth

MOUTH: Listen to me (walks up to RACHEL) You know how you said you were going to tell everyone that you opened the time capsule and I said not to that you should bury it? … I was wrong … (RACHEL looks away worried) and until you face all the mistakes you made--you’ll never change

RACHEL: People don’t change, Mouth

MOUTH: But they can … (RACHEL listens) they just don’t because it’s easier not to … we’re always waiting for our lives to begin--like … figuring we’ll be someone else someday … (RACHEL looks away for a moment) but after this accident, and losing Jimmy … and Keith … what are we waiting for? … All we have is now, Rachel … (shakes head negatively) don’t run from this

(RACHEL stares at MOUTH)

KAREN enters holding a drink and a sandwich and walks up to LUCAS who is at the bed on the laptop)

KAREN: I am all for living life to the fullest (puts food on desk by bed) but could this day just be over already

(LUCAS smiles and closes his laptop)

LUCAS: (looking at laptop) Hey, ma? … You loved Dan, right? (looks at KAREN) In high school?

KAREN: (thinking/looking away) Oddly, yes

LUCAS: (nods) Okay--look, I know you probably can’t … answer this for me but (KAREN looks at him) … what did you do when he didn’t love you back … how did you get over it?

KAREN: … When I do … I’ll get back to you

(KAREN looks at LUCAS for a moment then exits, he looks down at his laptop the opens it to type)

LUCAS: (v.o) My name is Lucas Scott … I’m a senior at Tree Hill high school … I play basketball … at least I use to (camera moves to picture of LUCAS and BROOKE from a couple years ago) I have a girlfriend (camera moves to the window) at least … I use to …

[NATHAN and HALEY’s Apartment-Bedroom]

HALEY is asleep belly side down)

LUCAS: (v.o) … And I have a best friend

(Camera moves to NATHAN who is next to her lying on his back wide awake, he looks worried)

(NATHAN on the roof of the limo trying to breath for air)

NATHAN: (scared) HALEY!

*End of Flashback*

(NATHAN blinks for a moment, looks over at HALEY and gets up out of bed. He walks over to the bathroom and the camera goes back to HALEY who slowly opens her eyes as if she’d never been asleep, only pretending)

[PEYTON’s Bedroom]

(PEYTON, sitting at her desk, has her computer on and she turns on her web cam and looks at it, then at the computer, then at the camera again)

MOUTH walks in and then realizes RACHEL is not there anymore. He looks at the empty room in disappointment)

[Tree Hill Memorial Hospital-COOPER’s Recovery Room]

COOPER is lying there unconscious and RACHEL gets in the bed with him and pulls the covers over herself and lies on COOPER’s chest and thinks)

[NATHAN and HALEY’s Apartment-Front door (outside)-Night

BROOKE walks up to the door and knocks a couple times. A sleepy HALEY opens the door)

HALEY: (removing crust from eyes) Hey, Brooke

BROOKE: Hey, um (looks down) Look, I know it’s really late and it’s been a long day--but … I need to talk to you

HALEY: (whispering) Yeah, (motions to go inside) Come on in

(BROOKE walks in and HALEY smiles before closing the door)

[DOCTOR’s Office]

DOCTOR walks up with a folder)

DOCTOR: The first thing I’d like to do is take another pregnancy test just to find out exactly how far along you are. Then we can talk more specifically about what lies ahead, okay?

(Camera moves to show KAREN sitting on the examining table)

KAREN: (nods) Okay

DOCTOR: This your first time?

KAREN: No, my, uh, second

(DOCTOR nods as does KAREN and thinks about what lies ahead)

DAN is in front of his wall staring at it. He turns around and the camera moves out to show that the words “m*rder*r” are no longer written on the wall since they have been painted over. DAN, who has been holding a drink, takes a sip then looks at the coffee table and takes a g*n that’s lying there and holds it up and opens it too see where the b*ll*ts are it zooms to his hands as he closes the b*llet carrier of the g*n, what is suppose to look like DAN’s hands, push the butt part of the g*n up and the g*n is placed on the table where there is a wine glass and a bottle of prescription pills with two of them out, the hands grab the wine glass and the pills and the camera moves up to show it is no longer DAN but DEB. She closes her eyes, teary and scared, and puts the pills in her mouth and drinks the wine then swallows)

[DOCTOR’s Office]

DOCTOR walks in with a folder)

DOCTOR: Well (smiles) You’re definitely pregnant

(The camera moves to show a shocked BROOKE turn to look at an equally shocked HALEY. HALEY grabs BROOKE’S hand and BROOKE holds her hand and puts her other on top of there hands)

[Molina Bridge-Night]

NATHAN is looking at the river the guard rail wood is all over the side of the bridge and there are booey’s with “caution” crime tape around the bridge to warn people of the broken rail)

LUCAS: (v.o) Tree Hill’s just a place somewhere in the world … (helicopter view of NATHAN) maybe it’s a lot like your world (camera moves to the river) maybe it’s nothing like it …

[The River Court-Basketball court-Night]

SKILLS is playing basketball by himself)

LUCAS: (v.o) … But if you look closely you might see someone like you (SKILLS makes a sh*t then continues playing) someone trying to find there way …

(SKILLS throws the ball in the hoop once more)

[GATINA Residence-RACHEL’s Bedroom]

(Brooke looks around)

(She places her things on a bed)

LUCAS: (v.o) … Someone trying to find there place …

(BROOKE sits)

(Close up of the laptop screen as he types “trying to find there self”)

LUCAS: (v.o) … Someone trying to find there self

(LUCAS looks at the screen, then the sh*t changes to the door where he is seen on the inside sitting on his bed, Indian style, typing)

[PEYTON’s Bedroom]

PEYTON looking at herself on the computer screen, her web cam is on)

LUCAS: (v.o) Sometimes it’s easy to feel (grabs phone and ELLIE’s note) like you’re the only one in the world (dialing) who’s struggling, who’s frustrated, or unsatisfied (puts phone on ear) or barley getting by

(Telephone rings)

DEREK’s VOICE: Hello?

(PEYTON hangs up the phone, scared, and puts the phone by her computer)

(PEYTON stands up and walks over to her wall of albums)

LUCAS: (v.o) But that feeling’s a lie … and if you just hold on (PEYTON closes her eyes for a moment) just find the courage to face it all for another day (looks through her albums) someone, or something will find you (looks at the door) and make it all okay

(LUCAS walks into her room and sadly leans on her wall of records and looks at PEYTON)

(PEYTON looks at LUCAS for a moment then walks up to him)

LUCAS: (v.o) Because we all need a little help sometimes (PEYTON gives him a sad, weak smile) someone to help us (LUCAS holds his hands out to hug her) hear the music in the world

(LUCAS sadly holds PEYTON and rubs on her back a bit. PEYTON hugs him and slightly smiles as she looks down then leans on his should as they continue to hold each other)

LUCAS: (v.o) To remind us that it won’t always be this way

(LUCAS and PEYTON are seen hugging through the computer web cam and an IM pops up from “WATCHMEWATCHU” that reads “Welcome back”)

LUCAS: (v.o) That someone is out there …

(Camera zooms into the computer screen where PEYTON and LUCAS are seen hugging)

LUCAS: (v.o) … and that someone will find you

(The screen dissolves into black)

The End