04x04 - Can't Stop This Thing We've Started

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

04x04 - Can't Stop This Thing We've Started

Post by bunniefuu »

LUCAS: (v.o) Previously on One Tree Hill

[GATINA Residence-Backyard-Night]

(LUCAS is standing in front of BROOKE who is with a crowd of guys)

LUCAS: I’m not the guy for you, Brooke Davis

(BROOKE stares at LUCAS’ coldly)

[NATHAN and HALEY’s Apartment-Living room]

(NATHAN at chair by TV, LUCAS on couch)

NATHAN: What if I saw someone …

[Molina Bridge-River (underwater)- Day]

(NATHAN in Limo tries to take COOPER’s seatbelt off but looks at him and suddenly gets scared)

NATHAN: (v.o) … in the car?

[NATHAN and HALEY’s Apartment-Living room]

(NATHAN at chair by TV, LUCAS on couch)

LUCAS: Who?

NATHAN: Keith

[Tree Hill High-Library]

(Day of school sh**ting, PEYTON and LUCAS leaning on a bookshelf)

(PEYTON leans over, her and LUCAS kiss)

PEYTON: (v.o) I think I still have feelings for Lucas

BROOKE: (v.o) As far as I’m concerned …

[PEYTON’s Bedroom]

(BROOKE and PEYTON by her wall of records, PEYTON’s eye’s red)

BROOKE: … this friend ship is over

[KAREN’s Café]

(DEB looks away, for a moment, from KAREN finding it amusing)

KAREN: (upset) I will not have a g*n-toting junkie destroy a 17-year-old business

[Tree Hill Memorial Hospital-Emergency Room]

(DAN grabs DEB by the neck and pushes her up agents the wall in anger)

DEB: (v.o) I need the g*n (DEB screams) for protection, Karen

[Tree Hill Memorial Hospital-COOPER’s Recovery Room]

(RACHEL leans in to kiss NATHAN on the cheek]

RACHEL: (v.o) You have Cooper’s eye’s

HALEY: (v.o) Stay the hell …

[Tree Hill High-Gym-game]

(HALEY pushes RACHEL)

HALEY: … away from my husband

[DOCTORS Office]

(Camera on a shocked BROOKE)

DOCTOR: (v.o) Well (BROOKE turns to HALEY) you’re definitely pregnant

(HALEY looks at BROOKE, shocked)

[SAWYER Residence-Front porch-Night]

(PEYTON trying to find keys in her bag as she heads to the front door)

(PEYTON stops suddenly, in shock)

DEREK: I’m Derek … I guess I’m your brother

[PEYTON’s Bedroom]

(“Where are they now?” wall, sh*t of “AOD PEYTON” that is at her wall, PEYTON takes it down)

PEYTON: (v.o) Ellie brought us together, I want you to have it

(PEYTON hands it to DEREK)

DEREK: Thank you, Peyton …

(PEYTON smiles)

[DEREK’s Hotel Room]

(sh*t of “psycho wall-Peyton pictures”)

DEREK: (v.o) … I’ll find a (DEREK comes in the sh*t) really special place for this

(He sits on top of a desk in front of the wall holding her “AOD PEYTON” drawing and looks at it)

End of “Previously On”

[ROE Residence-LUCAS’ bedroom-day]

(Helicopter view of LUCAS in bed, eyes’ closed, close sh*t of face)

(LUCAS opens his eyes and stares at something as the camera zooms out)

LUCAS: (v.o) There comes a time when every life goes off course (sh*t of hoop over his head, that’s what he’s been looking at) In this desperate moment you must choose your direction

[NATHAN and HALEY’s Apartment-Bedroom]

(NATHAN doing crunches on the floor by the bed wearing a “Duke” shirt]

LUCAS: (v.o) Will you fight to stay on the path? …

(Camera moves to HALEY in bed who sits up slightly to see what NATHAN’s doing and looks on worried)

[RACHEL’s Bedroom]

(There is a close up of three pamphlets that read “You’re not alone”, “The choice is yours …”, and “Abortion”)

LUCAS: (v.o) … Will other’s tell you who you are? …

(Someone grabs all three of the pamphlets and then the camera is moved to show it’s BROOKE who is lying on her bed sideways to the desk and reads them, throws out a big sigh, and turns over to RACHEL who is sleeping away. BROOKE groans, frustrated, and turns back towards the desk, away from RACHEL, and looks at the pamphlets)

[SHELLY’s Bedroom]

(There are 3 piles of different colored shirts that read “Clean Teen” on a desk and on the wall is a framed bulletin on the top right of the bulletin reads “Forgiven” on the lower right of that says “Reach your goals” and underneath that says “True Love waits”)

(A hand grabs one of the “Clean Teen” T-shirts, from the 1st stack)

LUCAS: (v.o) … Or will you label yourself

(The hand grabs the one below the one that was picked up and places the one its holding back onto the pile)

[DAN SCOTT Residence-Bathroom]

(As the water runs in the sink DAN walks over looking at himself in the mirror, he sticks his hands in the water. The faucet is throwing out blood instead of water and DAN obliviously cups a handful in his hands as he continues to stare at himself in the mirror. When he has enough he leans down to splash it in his face but when he realizes that it’s blood he drops it out from his hands, gasp and stares at his hands in terror)

LUCAS: (v.o) Will you be haunted by your choice? …

(DAN looks up and stares forward, concentrating and swallows hard)

[PEYTON’s Bedroom]

(The phone rings, lying on the desk by her bed, and PEYTON grabs it opens it as it rings again and it says “DEREK, Main, Calling” then she presses a button that changes it to “Connected, DEREK”

LUCAS: (v.o) … Or will you embrace your new path?

(PEYTON puts the phone to her ear and smiles)

PEYTON: Hey

DEREK’s VOICE: Hey, sis

[ROE residence-LUCAS’ Bedroom]

(LUCAS on top of his bed taking the basketball net off of his wall)

LUCAS: (v.o) Each morning you choose (stares at hoop when he removes it) to move forward …

(Stares at the wall where it use to be and gets off the bed with the basketball hoop)

[DEB SCOTT (LEE) Residence-Hallway to living room)

(DEB comes downstairs and starts heading towards the living room in her pajamas)

LUCAS: (v.o) … Or to simply give up

(DEB suddenly stops and the camera turns to see a women, DR, a psychiatrist, standing by the side of the couch, NATHAN and HALEY sitting on couch and KAREN behind them)

DEB: (to DR) Who the hell are you?

DR: This is an intervention

(DEB scoffs in a laughing way)

KAREN: You have a problem, Deb (DEB looks down upset but smiling) and we want you to go back to rehab

(DEB looks surprised when she sees DAN walk into the sh*t and he stands on the side of HALEY but more in front)

DAN: Yeah, Deb, we’re only here because we care

DEB: (looking at DAN) You invited Dan to my intervention?

(NATHAN is looking down sadly)

DR: Everyone important in your life must be here united against your addiction

DEB: So you got four people, including my sociopath ex-husband (chuckling) Oh, yeah (walks towards them but to a table with a little box) I have a problem, all right

(DEB opens it but sees nothing so she closes it and looks at the chair next to it and removes the pillow to looks in the sides)

NATHAN: Mom? (DEB searches) we searched the house and, um (holds backpack up with a bunch of prescription bottles in a pocket) we found your pills … it’s over

DEB: (impatiently) No, Nathan, my life was over the day you left me and decided to marry her

(HALEY just stares at DEB)

KAREN: It’s not there fault--

DEB: --Shut up, Karen … This was all part of your big plan. You’ve never forgiven me for sleeping with Keith

(HALEY, shocked, looks at KAREN)

DAN: No, it’s me who hasn’t forgiven you--the guy you tried to light on fire

(HALEY, even more shocked, looks over at NATHAN who, for a moment closes his eyes more pained than embarrassed, then looks at HALEY who says something to him, quietly)

DR: Okay, okay, listen, the first step is to admit you have a problem

DEB: Oh, shove it up your ass, I know I’m an addict. Spend a week with these people and you will be, too

(DEB starts walking out of the living room and heads to the front door across the hall, the DR looks at her, DEB grabs a pair of keys on the desk heading in the hallway, opens the door and exits. KAREN watches as the door slams, HALEY closes her eyes and NATHAN looks down. DAN walks more towards the living room to face the hallway)

DAN: I think we’re making progress

(Everyone stares at the door)

[RACHEL’s Bedroom]

(BROOKE is at her bed fiddling with something as her back faces the bathroom door which is wide open with RACHEL in there wearing a robe and putting on her make-up at the mirror)

BROOKE: I told you--I’m not pregnant

(BROOKE turns to RACHEL who turns to looks at her too)

RACHEL: (scoffs) Whatever you say … but you can’t have the is baby, you’d be a terrible mother

BROOKE: (somewhat hurt) Why would I be a terrible mother?

RACHEL: We all turn into our parents (brushing hair slightly) I mean, as soon as Brooke Jr. hits puberty, Brooke Sr. hits South Beach

BROOKE: (upset) I will not

RACHEL: I thought you said you weren’t pregnant?

(BROOKE puts her hands over her eyes, groans frustrated, since she feels like anything she says is wrong with RACHEL who walks into the room)

RACHEL: All right (removes robe) Let’s sh**t this

(RACHEL is only wearing a black lacy bra and matching underwear that look more like hot pants and walks over to lie on the bed, BROOKE holds RACHEL’s digital camera)

BROOKE: Ugh, all right (RACHEL lies on bed on her right side and faces her) How many after photo’s does Jenny Craig need, anyway?

(BROOKE focuses camera)

RACHEL: This is practice (fixes hair with left arm) for the Maxim magazine sh**t this afternoon (BROOKE takes picture) There looking for (lies on stomach) Tree Hill’s hometown hottie

BROOKE: (bitchy) Well, why not hometown hussy? ‘Cause you’ve got that one in the bag

(BROOKE begins taking more pictures)

RACHEL: This one, too. (BROOKE takes picture) You’re my biggest competition in this town and … you’re packing on baby weight

(RACHEL makes a pose and BROOKE takes a picture with her mouth a little open, groans, and makes a small “enough” face then looks at the camera)

[PEYTON’s Bedroom]

(PEYTON is at her computer desk picking up a bunch of “Lupe Fiasco, Thursday 9pm, Tric” fliers with a drawing of someone skateboarding on the fliers and stacks them neatly to put them in her bag, her back is facing the wall of records were LUCAS is standing looking at her albums, one in particular, wearing his backpack)

LUCAS: So, at the party I told Brooke (PEYTON looks up, back still facing him) that I wasn’t going to fight for her anymore

(PEYTON looks happy but is trying to hide it even though LUCAS can’t see her face)

PEYTON: What’d she say?

LUCAS: Pretty much nothing (walks to PEYTON, holding album) You know, it’s funny (stands behind her only she still doesn’t face him) for the first time ever I feel like it’s actually over

(LUCAS walks to her side to face her)

PEYTON: (sympathetically) I’m sorry, Luke

LUCAS: Thank you (PEYTON puts her book bag on her shoulder) … Hey, so tell me--how are things going with Derek, the instant brother?

PEYTON: (smiles) Uh, well …

(Horn honks from outside, PEYTON and LUCAS both look towards the window)

PEYTON: Guess you can ask him yourself, he’s giving us a ride to school

(PEYTON grabs LUCAS by the arm and starts pulling him towards the door, he walks backwards for a moment)

LUCAS: Oh

(PEYTON starts to exit and LUCAS quickly puts her record album on her bed and follows her to exit)

[Tree Hill High-School parking lot-Day]

(Tree Hill sign reads “Yearbook pictures” and DEREK’s car slowly drives up towards the sign parking a few spots away. DEREK gets out of drives side and leans by door, PEYTON gets out from sh*t g*n and LUCAS from the back on PEYTON’s side)

DEREK: (to PEYTON) So, I’ll see you at lunch and we’ll hand out those fliers for the show

(PEYTON and LUCAS are on one side looking at DEREK who is on the other side of the car)

PEYTON: (unsure) Uh, yeah, are you sure? ‘Cause (points) Lucas can help me

DEREK: Peyton, until finals all I got is time

PEYTON: (smiles) Cool (waves)

(PEYTON and LUCAS start to walk to school)

LUCAS: (turns/waves) Take care

(PEYTON and LUCAS start walking and DEREK takes out his camera and takes a picture of PEYTON’s ass, LUCAS turns to DEREK and catches him, DEREK continues to focus the camera on PEYTON as her and LUCAS continue walking more towards the building)

LUCAS: Don’t you think it’s a little weird that he’s always taking pictures of you?

PEYTON: It’s for his photography class

LUCAS: (not buying it) Yeah, right, (from afar DEREK gets in his car) what’s the assignment--pictures of Peyton’s ass

PEYTON: (disgusted/playfully hits Lucas on the stomach) Shut up!

HALEY’s VOICE: Hidy-ho, neighbors

(HALEY walks up to LUCAS and PEYTON who puts her arm around her)

PEYTON/LUCAS: Hey

LUCAS: So how was the Manson family reunion?

<Note: If you look closely he says Manson but mouths Camden>

HALEY: Ugh, you know (DEREK starts his car from afar) it was kind-a like the end of Lion King (all stop) when all the Hyenas g*ng up and eat Scar

(DEREK drives away)

LUCAS: Ooh, how’d Nathan take it?

HALEY: He stiffed me on a ride to school

(A motorcycle pulls up just were DEREK had left and they all turn to look at it and the person takes the helmet off and, oh Lord, it’s NATHAN)

NATHAN: What do you think? (grins)

(LUCAS and PEYTON stay where they were standing but HALEY walks up to NATHAN)

HALEY: (shocked) What--did you-- … did you buy a motorcycle?

NATHAN: No, that’s the beauty of it. I traded the car for the bike (HALEY close her eyes then looks away) and I made two hundred bucks now we can pay some bills (LUCAS looks unsure as Peyton just watches) and we’ll have a ton of money on gas

(NATHAN accidentally pushes the gas and the motorcycle skids a little forward and startles him)

NATHAN: Whoa--jeez

(NATHAN shrugs and smiles)

HALEY: (v.o) Nathan …

[Tree Hill High-Hallway-HALEY’s locker]

(HALEY has her locker open the camera is pointing to the mirror in her locker so that we can see her from that view)

HALEY: … bought a motorcycle

(HALEY closes her locker and BROOKE has been leaning on the lockers and is now visible)

BROOKE: Well, Rachel … thinks (whispering) I should have an abortion

HALEY: Okay, yours is worse

(HALEY and BROOKE walk away to a door to go to another hallway and SHELLY stands by the sides of the lockers, she overheard there conversation, and is wearing a “Clean Teen” T-shirt, the one from the scene with the pile of shirts, and quickly goes chasing after them)

SHELLY: Brooke, hold on (HALEY and BROOKE stop and turn) I’d like to encourage you to have your baby

BROOKE: (shocked) What?

SHELLY: There are several outlets available to you, should you decide your not ready to be a mother--like adoption

(HALEY uncomfortably fixes her hair)

BROOKE: Okay, I don’t know what you think you heard but you heard it wrong because I’m not--

SHELLY: --Don’t worry, Brooke … we’ll be here (smiles) were not going to let you go through this alone

(SHELLY walks away, HALEY and BROOKE look at her leave)

BROOKE: (confused) What does she mean “we”?

(BROOKE and HALEY look at each other for a moment then look back where SHELLY left towards)

[PSYCHIATRIC Office-Day]

(DR is holding a black folder and sits on a chair, DAN is sitting on a couch next to her)

DR: I’m glad that you decided to come in

DAN: Well, after your work with Deb I thought “Now here’s a women who probably won’t help me at all”

DR: Well, lets give it a try, anyway (holds pen out to start writing) What’s on your mind?

DAN: (serious) Everything we say in this room is completely confidential, right?

DR: (looks at notebook) Mm-hmm

DAN: (without taking a blink) I k*lled my brother

(DR looks up in shock)

THEME SONG - Gavin DeGraw “I Don’t Want to Be”

[Tree Hill High-Outdoor Lunch Tables-Day]

(There is a table with girls that are all wearing shirts that on the front say “Clean Teen” and on the back read “Virgin for life” Camera moves to someone (head not shown) holding one of the shirts and standing at the head of the table then walks over to a table behind them where RACHEL and BROOKE sit both on the same side facing the “Virgins” table. As the girl walks closer to them she moves away from the camera and it turns out to be SHELLY who puts the nicely folded shirt in front of BROOKE’s tray and pats it)

BROOKE: What’s that?

SHELLY: I’m inviting you to join our club and be a clean teen … virgins for life

(RACHEL almost chokes on her food)

RACHEL: (chuckles) Virgins for life?

(BROOKE laughs with an “Unbelievable” expression)

SHELLY: Well, maybe not for life but “Virgins until marriage” just … didn’t sound so good

RACHEL: What exactly does a “Clean teen” do?

SHELLY: Everything you guys do … except we abstain from sex

RACHEL: (shocked) You’re completely celibate

SHELLY: Pretty much

BROOKE: What does “pretty much” mean?

SHELLY: Well, we … “Brooke” ourselves--

RACHEL: --I’ll join

(RACHEL and SHELLY smiles at each other)

BROOKE: (annoyed) Okay, listen to me, who I am and how I choose to live my life is none of your business

SHELLY: So your decisions are your own, then?

BROOKE: That’s right

SHELLY: What about you baby’s decision to be born?--

BROOKE: --What about my decision I’m making right now to kick your preachy ass?

SHELLY: Brooke, If you don’t wanna raise your baby, someone will

RACHEL: (raises hand) I’m sorry, um (BROOKE exhales annoyed with SHELLY) when you “Brooke” yourself, um, do you do that alone or is it a group thing?--because if it’s a group thing I’m totally in

BROOKE: Rachel! (turns to SHELLY) Okay, Shelly, I understand that in your world everything’s black and white but real life is just a (holds thumb and index finger an inch apart) little more complicated

SHELLY: Complicated as in you don’t want to get to fat to fit into your prom dress?

BROOKE: (angry) Why don’t you come back to your group of “Clean teens” and leave me alone

(SHELLY looks at BROOKE sympathetically for a moment)

SHELLY: … Fine

(SHELLY walks away to her table)

SHELLY: (purposely loud so people can hear) Good luck with your pregnancy

(SHELLY turns for a moment then walks back to her table and on the table next to her is MOUTH who overheard and shakes his head upset. DEREK walks up to MOUTH’s table and puts a “Lupe Fiasco” flyer on his table and pats it)

[PSYCHIATRIC Office-Day]

(DAN on couch, DR at chair facing him)

DR: You say that you k*lled your brother, can you explain that?

DAN: I let Keith go into the school that day … I could have stopped him (looks down) I should’ve stopped him

DR: Tell me about you and Keith

DAN: We never got along--not even as kids but at least back then we always had each others backs

DR: When did that change?

(DAN looks down)

[Tree Hill High-Class room]

(The students are taking a test, NATHAN and HALEY are sitting next to each other. There is a shadow on the door window to show someone is coming in. When the door opens it’s DEB who looks a mess)

DEB: (whispers) Nathan?

NATHAN: Mom, what are you doing here?

(All the students, including HALEY, look up)

DEB: You have something that belongs to me

(HALEY, shocked, looks over at NATHAN)

NATHAN: Mom, I’m not doing this

TEACHER: We’re in the middle of a test

DEB: I want my pills

TEACHER: Mrs. Scott--

DEB: --Don’t!

(NATHAN, embarrassed, closes his eyes then mouths “Oh, my God” covers his face with his left hand and sighs, HALEY watches as DEB desperately passes her and goes to NATHAN. She stands in front of his desk and they both looks at each other)

DEB: I’m not leaving here until I get my damn pills

NATHAN: (scoffs) Okay

(NATHAN opens his backpack as HALEY watches DEB, he places a bottle of prescription pills on top of his desk on his test paper)

NATHAN: Go ahead (DEB looks at them almost anxious) take ‘em but I’m warning you … it’s either the pills or me

(DEB stares at NATHAN for a moment then snatches the bottle from his desk and walks away. HALEY looks at her and can’t believe she picked pills over her own son)

TEACHER: Okay, everybody, back to work, back to work

(The door slams shut and NATHAN looks down, upset and laughs sadly)

[Maxim Photo sh**t building-Hallway]

(RACHEL is walking in a dark hallway and opens a door. When she opens it a camera shutters and the bulb flashes, there is a big room getting ready for the Maxim photo sh**t there is a women moving a rack of clothing across the room, and a red background with umbrellas and cameras facing it. Towards the door is a table with a big screen TV of the picture of RACHEL that BROOKE took in RACHEL’s room and a photographer, back facing her, busy on the computer where there is the same picture of RACHEL)

RACHEL: Hello?

PHOTOGRAPHER: (turns) Hey, great test sh*t photo

(RACHEL smiles)

PHOTOGRAPHER: So, your ready to be in Maxim?

RACHEL: Definitely

(RACHEL smiles, walks in and passes her picture on the big screen Cut to Tree Hill Freeway, NATHAN’s motorcycle zooms by a bridge and the camera moves closer to NATHAN who is concentrating on the road)

(Cut to RACHEL wearing white silk pajamas with one button holding the top together as the fan blows her way pushing the bottom part of the top back, she also wears white silk shorts about the size of boxers and the photographer photographs her, camera moves to her legs then to her face as the photographer takes a close up picture of her face, red background behind her)

(Cut to NATHAN on the road riding)

(Cut to RACHEL doing more poses air blowing her hair)

(Cut to NATHAN turning a curve on the road then zooms by)

(Cut to RACHEL who puts her hands on her hips and seductively smiles to the camera and laughs)

(Cut to NATHAN as he continues riding his motorcycle)

(Cut to RACHEL who is now wearing a tan spaghetti strapped mid-riff top with a white skirt that could almost be mistaken for a headband, camera shutters as she plays with her hair, she’s now in a white background)

(Cut to NATHAN, close up of face)

(Cut to a transparent sh*t of NATHAN as he rides mixed in with RACHEL as she continues to pose)

(Cut to NATHAN riding)

(Cut to RACHEL posing, photographer taking pictures, she looks one way)

(Cut to NATHAN zooming by on the road)

(Cut to RACHEL turning the other way and smiles)

(Cut to NATHAN riding towards a turn, the camera quickly moves to show a garbage truck on the other side about to turn towards NATHAN’s side, NATHAN rides as the truck turns and suddenly honks which startles him, they both head towards each other, NATHAN turns and the truck misses him and he falls with the bike sideways. He falls to the floor and groans in pain)

[NATHAN and HALEY’s Apartment-Bathroom]

(NATHAN has his shirt off and he has his hand in a puddle in the sink that is filled with water, the water is pink since it has been mixed with his blood. When he pulls his arm out he holds his arm up and dabs on it, there is a seriously nasty cut on his arm)

HALEY’s VOICE: Nathan

(HALEY walks in the bathroom and quickly notices NATHAN’s injuries)

HALEY: God! (puts book bag on counter of sink) What happened?

(HALEY helps to attend his injuries)

NATHAN: (trying to brush it off) It’s okay, don’t worry, these days they can … I don’t know--they can graft skin from my ass

HALEY: (worried) Are you hurt anywhere else?

(HALEY looks at his back, which is fine)

NATHAN: No, I’m fine (looks at other side of shoulder which is really baldly injured) bike’s pretty messed up though

<Note: His injuries have deep, deep cuts with a lot of scratches>

(HALEY is preparing liquids to put on his arm)

HALEY: (not thrilled) Bike, great (NATHAN stares at injury in mirror and makes an “ouch” face) okay, I want you (turns to NATHAN) to get the car back as soon as you can (puts cloth on his arm) because I need you on this planet

NATHAN: Haley, nothing’s gonna happen to me

HALEY: (stern) You are not invincible (groans) Nathan (turns to sink to grab tweezers) … I know that it’s really hard (turns) for you to explain (grabs NATHAN’s arm) what happened to you down under that water and … (takes stuff off of NATHAN’s arm as he groans) maybe Keith did save you, maybe you saved yourself, I don’t know (inhales) but the point is that either way it means that you are suppose to be here right now

NATHAN: Hales, that’s not it (HALEY exhales) My mom came into school today and in front of everybody chose pills … over me

(HALEY sighs)

HALEY: Here

(HALEY hands the tweezers to NATHAN and grabs her bag to exit)

NATHAN: Wait, where are you going?

HALEY: (by door) You take care of the bike … please? I will take care of your mother

(NATHAN stares at himself in the mirror for a second, sighs and shakes his head)

[DEB SCOTT (LEE) Residence-Front door]

(HALEY pounds angry at the door with her palms, starts hitting it with one hand, rings doorbell with the doorbell. DEB answers a little taken back at the pounding)

HALEY: Stay away from him--for all I care you can go to hell but I will not let you take Nathan with you

DEB: (smiles smug) Talk to me in a few years, Haley … when your dreams are dead and your child betrays you … then we’ll see what kind of mother you’ll be

HALEY: No, no--no--no, I will never, ever … be like you, Deb

(HALEY starts walking away)

DEB: You know (HALEY stops) pretty soon Nathan’s going to realize (HALEY turns) that college basketball is a lot more fun than playing house … I’ll save you some pills

HALEY: (upset) Who are you kidding, Deb? … Junkies don’t save pills

(HALEY walks away and DEB smiles and slams the door shut)
[Tree Hill High-hallway]

(BROOKE turns to walk to the main hallway and passes some girls)

BROOKE: (barley heard) Hey, guys

(SHELLY who was near some lockers at a distance runs up to catch her)

SHELLY: Brooke

(BROOKE rolls her eyes)

BROOKE: (sighs annoyed) What do you want, Shelly?

SHELLY: I want to apologize, I came on a little strong earlier and … I realized “Clean teens” isn’t for everyone

BROOKE: (sighs) So you’re really never going to have sex?

SHELLY: Not until my wedding night (BROOKE’s eye’s wide with an “Okaaay” face) why would a guy buy the cow when he can get the milk for free?

BROOKE: (laughs) Okay, do you realize that you just likened yourself to a farm animal--one that is for sale, no less?

SHELLY: It’s not just about that … it’s about keeping our bodies pure (BROOKE sighs and rolls her eyes away) have you ever had Chlamydia or Gonorrhea? … (makes face) Uh, not fun

BROOKE: Uh, burn me at the stake but (points to self) I like boys and I like sex

(BROOKE shrugs with an “I can’t help it” look)

SHELLY: So did I but--

(SHELLY looks down)

BROOKE: -- “So did I ?” (laughs) Wait a minute … (both stop walking) you have a virginity club and you’re not even a virgin?

SHELLY: I am now, I’m a born-again virgin

BROOKE: (upset) A what?!

SHELLY: Just because you make a mistake doesn’t mean you can’t start over. I made a pledge (smiles)

BROOKE: Shelly … I hate to break it to you but you’re either a virgin or you’re not and a pledge … does not a broken Hymen mend … sorry

SHELLY: You can’t tell me what I believe … (smiles) I am a virgin

BROOKE: (mad) You’re a hypocrite (SHELLY’s face drops) you are walking around here preaching celibacy to everybody and you’ve already sold your cow or your milk or … whatever

SHELLY: Well, at least I’m not a baby k*ller

BROOKE: I-- ….

(SHELLY walks away and BROOKE stands there like if she’s ready to punch her)

BROOKE: Ugh!

(BROOKE walks away)

[PEYTON’s Bedroom-Closet-Day]

(PEYTON in her closet pulling out a leather and a small jacket and other things. DEREK by the closet painting)

PEYTON: I still can’t believe I got Lupe Fiasco to play Tric tonight (walks out to bedroom as she passes DEREK) It’s gonna be awesome

DEREK: Yeah, it’s great (notices leather jacket) Hey, cool jacket

(PEYTON puts the small jacket on the bed)

PEYTON: Thanks, Ellie gave it to me

DEREK: Wish I could’ve met her

PEYTON: It was tough (puts leather jacket on) to trust at first--you know, having somebody out there that you’re related to

DEREK: (spins chair by bed and sits) Like your long lost brother?

PEYTON: (laughs) Yeah

(PEYTON is standing in front of the full length mirror and looks at herself in ELLIE’s jacket for a moment)

DEREK: So … did it hurt when you got sh*t?

PEYTON: (turns) Oh, my God--so bad

DEREK: You got a scar?

PEYTON: (inhales) … Yeah

DEREK: (intrigued) Oh, is it gross?

PEYTON: Yes

DEREK: (looks at her leg) Oooh, let me see

PEYTON: No!

At same time:

DEREK: Come on, I’ve never seen a g*nsh*t wound before

PEYTON: Come on, No!

DEREK: Especially if it’s gross

PEYTON: (hesitant) Come on

(DEREK raises his eyebrows and gives her a “let me see” look)

PEYTON: (widens eyes/quietly) Fine

(PEYTON puts her leg on the bed and pulls up her sweat pant and from afar you can see her wound from the school sh**ting episode)

DEREK: (looks closely) Oh, that is so sweet

(DEREK reaches over where he was painting and grabs his camera)

PEYTON: What?!

DEREK: Just be still

(DEREK focuses the camera on her leg)

PEYTON: You’re insane, you know that? (DEREK takes pictures) If this ends up on the web I’m coming after you (DEREK looks at his camera to look at photo) Tell you what (grabs cell from desk by bed) family photo

(DEREK stands and PEYTON walks over to him and puts her phone from afar to take a picture. DEREK puts his head by PEYTON’s and leans slightly on hers)

PEYTON: Ready? … Cheese

(PEYTON and DEREK smile and the camera shutters)

[ROE Residence-Kitchen-Night]

(WHITEY is sitting at the table with KAREN standing pouring coffee in his cup, there are cookies on the table in front of WHITEY)

WHITEY: To long

KAREN: (chuckles) Yeah

(WHITEY and KAREN laugh and they notice the door open and LUCAS walks in, unsure of what WHITEY’s doing there)

LUCAS: (sarcastically) If you’re having an intervention … (points towards his back) You can have my heart pills

KAREN: Um (WHITEY chuckles) I asked Whitey (LUCAS looks from WHITEY to KAREN) over here to (sits next to WHITEY) talk about you playing with the Ravens (smiles)

(LUCAS keeps his eyes on KAREN)

WHITEY: Your mom wants you back (LUCAS’ eyes turn to him) on the team (smiles) and so do I

KAREN: And I, uh, I talked to the doctor this morning (LUCAS gives her a “you did?” expression) and there are some risks but it’s manageable … (touches chair next to her) sit down

(LUCAS sits and chuckles surprised)

KAREN: There are two conditions, you have to stay on your medication and (turns to WHITEY for a second) we limit you to fifteen minutes a night

(LUCAS looks sad)

WHITEY: I’ll be brining you off the bench but you know that benches win championships

(LUCAS looks down)

KAREN: Luke, I know it’s different than last time (LUCAS looks at her) But you’ll get to play

LUCAS: (chuckles) I … No (KAREN looks surprised) look, mom, (stands) I appreciate everything you’re trying to do for me and I miss basketball everyday … but to have it halfway … it’s harder than not having it at all

(LUCAS puts his backpack on and exits towards his room leaving KAREN and WHITEY sitting there)

[PEYTON’s Bedroom]

(PEYTON comes out of the bathroom, DEREK sitting on her bed)

PEYTON: So, what do you think? (grins)

(PEYTON is wearing a grey rock torn t-shirt, a green camouflage skirt, black spandex all the way down to her knees and black boots)

DEREK: I guess I’m suppose to tell you, you have to much makeup on (PEYTON’s smiles drops) your skirts to short and (PEYTON folds her arms with a playful “anything else?” expression) the boys are only out for one thing but … (smiles) You look beautiful (PEYTON smiles) thank you, Peyton, for letting me in, for trusting me … it’s been great

PEYTON: Well, then, it’s about to get better (walks to DEREK) ‘Cause this is something I haven’t told anyone … (sighs) Lucas and Brooke are done (DEREK gives her an “oh, really” face) So I’ve decided I’m going to tell him how I feel … tonight

(PEYTON pats DEREK on the back and it seems like he doesn’t know how to take it or what to tell her. She walks away and puts on ELLIE’s jacket then heads back to the bathroom. She turns for a moment to look at DEREK as if she’s happy she found him and gives him a smile. DEREK forces a smiles back and looks at her, she walks back into the bathroom and closes the door. He looks forward and the music changes to this scary psychotic music intro and he sits there with his mouth a little open, tongue on roof of mouth and lets out a “huh” then sniffles, he looks angry then turns his neck slightly and stairs straight ahead, thinking)

[Tric-Entrance Door-Night]

(People are heading inside, very busy. Cut to Inside, HALEY and BROOKE sit by the couches then HALEY spots NATHAN walking towards them)

HALEY: Hey, (stands) please tell me were going home in four wheels

NATHAN: The guy wouldn’t give me the car back because the motorcycle’s to messed up (HALEY sighs frustrated) but look, I’ll figure something out, okay? It just … it might take me a couple days

HALEY: Mm-kay

NATHAN: Mm-hmm, I’m going to get a drink

(NATHAN heads to the bar. BROOKE stands and walks with HALEY)

BROOKE: Okay, just think about it this way--most guys buy a motorcycle ‘cause they’re compensating for … you know--Nathan wears size !fourteen’s!

HALEY: (sarcastic) Thanks, I feel so much better now

BROOKE: Well …

(Camera moves to RACHEL who is by a table, she looks over at the bar and grabs her purse to head over there, when she does she sits next to NATHAN who doesn’t quickly notice her)

RACHEL: Care to make the night interesting?

(RACHEL pulls out a flask and hands it to NATHAN underneath the counter)

NATHAN: (chuckles) After the day (takes flask) I’ve had, yeah, sure (opens top) I’ve got something for you, too, by the way, um, (pulls out a picture) Somehow, this ended up in my locker--Hometown hottie, right?

(The picture is one that BROOKE took in RACHEL’s bedroom, she is on her knees on top of the bed with her hands on her hips)

NATHAN: (puts picture on table) How was the sh**t?

RACHEL: Well, you know … I could let you preview the whole spread (smiles)

NATHAN: (chuckles/smiles sadly) Thanks for the drink

(NATHAN stands to walk away)

RACHEL: Nathan, wait (stands)(NATHAN turns) What did you see in the water? (NATHAN looks surprised) You saw something didn’t you?

NATHAN: Why would you say that?

RACHEL: (looks down/shrugs) Never mind

(NATHAN, taken back, watches RACHEL leave)

[The River Court-Basketball Court-Night]

(LUCAS walking across the court from a distance the camera moves down to show DAN in a car at the parking lot watching LUCAS who doesn’t notice him)

(DAN looks forward)

DR: (v.o) Dan, I asked you …

*Flashback-PSYCHIATRIC Office-Day*

(DAN on couch, DR at chair facing him)

DR: … when your relationship with Keith changed?

DAN: (looking forward) I was away at school when I got the call Karen was in labor … I drove all night long to be at the hospital (shakes head negatively)… but she never knew I was there

DR: Why not?

DAN: I only got as far as the door …

DR: What did you see?

DAN: Keith at Karen’s bedside … holding my son

(DAN stairs ahead, hurt)

DAN: (v.o) How you doin’ son?

*End of Flashback*

(DAN walks up to LUCAS who is sitting on the table at the court. LUCAS sees DAN and slightly scoffs)

LUCAS: What do you mean?--since the last time you were here and you threatened to k*ll me?

DAN: Yeah, I’m sorry about that

(DAN stands a couple feet from LUCAS)

LUCAS: (laughs annoyed) What do you want?

DAN: (smiles) I ever tell you about my final game? (LUCAS rolls his eyes away) ‘87 against Wake Forest--I was one rebound shy of a double-double and then there it was right in the front of the rim and I jumped up for the ball … and came down to my knee, right then I knew it was over ... I could’ve rehabbed (nods) but I decided if I couldn’t be the best I didn’t want to play the game at all … I was wrong (LUCAS scoffs through his nose and shakes his head negatively, he knows KAREN told him) I’d give anything to just be back out on the court for just fifteen minutes a night--hell, I’d take fifteen seconds

LUCAS: (nods/laughs) You talked to my mom (sighs) you know what? (stands) It’s not just about being the player I was, it’s about my mom … she’s been though a lot and I don’t want he to worry about me

DAN: Lucas, your mom worries about you every night. Game night’s might be the only nights she won’t worry … ‘Cause she knows you’ll be doing something you love

(LUCAS swallows hard and continues looking at DAN)

[Tric-Bar counter-Register]

(KAREN is counting money, doing counts for deposits. DEB sits behind counter)

DEB: (to waiter) Hey, Billy, scotch straight up

(KAREN motions to the bartender, BILLY, not to help her, he walks away)

DEB: What makes you such a tight-ass, Karen? … Is that what happens when you don’t have sex for (enunciates) seventeen years?

(KAREN walks up to DEB)

KAREN: Look, I know that you are upset about the intervention and I am sorry for the ambush but … it was the only way

DEB: Oh, no, I completely understand, it’s called tough love--now I have some for you … your fired

KAREN: I don’t have time for this

(KAREN walks back to the register)

DEB: Well you better get some, our, um (KAREN turns back to her) our partnership for the Café was never on paper but I am the majority owner of Tric … which means you can get the hell out … right now (KAREN stares at her in disbelief) … sorry to ambush you, Karen, it was the only way (to BILLY) Now pour the drink or you’re fired, too

(KAREN throws the pen on the counter and walks away giving a cold stare to DEB who smiles like if she feel like she has more power over KAREN, BILLY puts her drink on the counter)

DEB: (to tender) Thank you

(PEYTON gets up on stage)

PEYTON: Hey, Tree Hill! You guys ready?! (crowd cheers) All right?! Please welcome, Lupe Fiasco!

(LUPE FIASCO [pronounced loop-ay Fee-ass-ko] and his entourage come out and PEYTON smiles and hands the microphone over to him as the crowd cheers, PEYTON walks offstage)

LUPE FIASCO: What up, Tree Hill? What’s going on?

(The crowd cheers and the intro to his hit “Kick Push” starts to play)

LUPE FIASCO: Uh, what up, yall? Yeah, soundtrack, what’s poppin’, baby? Woo! Y’all ain’t know, I go by the name of Lupe Fiasco, Representing that (holds index finger up) first and fifteen, yeah, uh

(Cut to HALEY and NATHAN watching from the crowd, NATHAN has his arms around HALEY’s waist and he has positioned his head so that his chin rests on top of her head, since he’s a foot taller then her it’s not a problem)

LUPE FIASCO: I dedicate this one right here / to all my homies out there grinding / you know what I’m saying / legally and illegally, ha ha

(Cut to BROOKE more towards the back of the crowd watching by herself)

LUPE FIASCO: You know what I’m talking about? (BROOKE turns to the left to see SHELLY who is looking at her too) … so check it out, ugh … First got it when he was six / didn’t know any tricks (BROOKE looks away) matter of fact first time he got on it, he slipped …

(Cut to LUPE FIASCO on stage)

LUPE FIASCO: landed on his hip and bust his lip / for a week he had to talk with a lisp like thisss

(Cut to PEYTON who is watching from afar)

LUPE FIASCO: Now he can end the story right here / but shorty didn’t quit, it was something in the air (PEYTON walks to look towards entrance) Yeah, he said it was something so appealing (PEYTON suddenly stops and smiles) he couldn’t fight the feeling (from distance LUCAS walks in and says hi to someone) something about it / he knew he couldn’t doubt it / he couldn’t understand it (PEYTON continues to look at LUCAS) brand it

LUPE FIASCO: Just the first kick-flip, he land it / uh, labeled a misfit, a bandit / kakunk, kakunk, kakunk, his neighbors couldn’t stand it sooo / he was banished to the park

(Cut to RACHEL who is by a table watching)

LUPE FIASCO: Started in the morning wouldn’t stop till after dark / Yeah, when they said …

(LUPE FIASCO continues rapping as MOUTH walks up to RACHEL and stands behind her)

MOUTH: I know about Brooke

LUPE FIASCO: I’m sorry, young man, there’s no skatin’ here

MOUTH: I know Brooke’s pregnant (RACHEL rolls her eyes) What are we going to do?

(RACHEL doesn’t bother to look at MOUTH)

RACHEL: (sighs) Tell you what? You drive her to the clinic, I’ll pick her up (looks at MOUTH who does not find it amusing) Oh, come on, there’s no way Brooke and Lucas are ready to have a baby

LUPE FIASCO: Kick, push, coast / so come on and skate with me (camera moves to DEREK who has been listening) just a rebel looking for a place to be / so lets kick, uh

(DEREK bobs his head to the music and looks straight ahead)

LUPE FIASCO: And Push / and coast / yeah, uh, uh, uh / my man got a little older / became a better roller / yeah, no helmet, hell bent and killin’ himself / Is what his mama said

(Cut to PEYTON sitting at a table, DEREK walks up to her)

LUPE FIASCO: But he was feeling himself / Got a little more swagger in his style

PEYTON: (to DEREK) How great is this?!

(DEREK walks closer and nods, then stares at PEYTON for a moment)

LUPE FIASCO: His girlfriend / she was clappin’ in the crowd / Love is what-what was happenin’ to him now

(DEREK sits next to PEYTON)

PEYTON: Sooo, I saw Lucas

(Points behind her where LUCAS is watching the performance)

DEREK: Now, Peyton, there’s something you should know … Brooke’s pregnant

PEYTON: (surprised) She can’t be … are you sure?!

DEREK: Yeah, I heard that angry kid Mouth talking to your friend Rachel

(PEYTON stares ahead into space, sad)

PEYTON: (depressed) Well, I have to go talk to Lucas

(PEYTON stands and starts heading to LUCAS)

DEREK: Peyton (grabs PEYTON’s shoulder) … (looks at LUCAS for a moment) the other night at Rachel’s party, I overheard Lucas talking to Brooke … he said if she’d take him back he’d never talk to you again

(PEYTON looks heartbroken)

PEYTON: (hurt) He said that?

DEREK: I’m sorry (PEYTON looks down) I guess Lucas isn’t the guy you think he is

(PEYTON keeps looking down then turns to look at LUCAS)

LUPE FIASCO: My man got a little older / became a better roller (PEYTON walks to LUCAS) yeah, no helmet, hell-bent on k*lling himself

PEYTON: Hey, can I talk to you for a second?

(PEYTON pulls LUCAS away to exit and he looks a bit confused)

LUPE FIASCO: Got a little more swagger in his style / met his girlfriend she was clappin’ in the crowd (DEREK stares at them leave) love is what-- …

(Cut to LUPE FIASCO onstage)

LUPE FIASCO: …--what was happein’ to him now / ugh, he said I would marry you / but I’m engaged to these aerials and varials / and I don’t think this board is strong enough to carry two / she said bow, I weigh …

(Cut to PEYTON and LUCAS walking away from the stage)

PEYTON: (worried-like tone) Okay, have you talked to Brooke, today?

LUCAS: No, why?

PEYTON: (looks at stage for a moment) There’s a rumor going around about her that she’s pregnant (LUCAS looks worried) I know you said you’re not going to fight for her but if she is pregnant then you need to be there for her

LUCAS: I … (looks around) I gotta go find her, I--

PEYTON: --So I guess this is good-bye, then? (laughs sadly)

LUCAS: Well, what do you mean?

PEYTON: Derek told me what you said to Brooke at the party

LUCAS: (confused) Oh, okay, wait--what did I say?

(PEYTON stares at him for a moment trying to say something)

PEYTON: You need to talk to Brooke … I can wait

(LUCAS watches her leave and is still confused)

LUPE FIASCO: Just a rebel looking for a place to be / so lets kick

LUPE FIASCO: Ugh, ugh / and push / yeah, yeah / and coast

(Cut to SHELLY and her “Clean teens” watching the performance, camera moves to BROOKE and RACHEL watching them from afar)

LUPE FIASCO: Yeah, ugh / Yeah, uh / swing it / Yeah, yeah

BROOKE: “Clean teens” more like “Mean teens” with big mouths. You know they told everyone

RACHEL: Actually, that was me (smiles)

BROOKE: What?! Why would you do that?

RACHEL: This coming from the girl who put up posters of me (BROOKE’s mouth drops) circa 200 pounds all over school?--Consider it payback (stands) Hmm, see you at home, roommate

(BROOKE scoffs and rolls her eyes, LUCAS comes up from behind)

LUCAS: Is it true?

BROOKE: (annoyed) Oh, that didn’t take long. Luke, I told you I wasn’t pregnant, all right? Do you think I would lie to you?

LUCAS: That wouldn’t be the first time

BROOKE: No, the first time, actually, I lied and said I was pregnant. !Also! the first time, you were sneaking around my back with Peyton

LUCAS: (worried) Brooke, this is my decision, too

BROOKE: As though you’re the only guy I’ve ever slept with?

(LUCAS closes his eyes for a moment, almost relieved and slightly smiles)

LUCAS: Chris Keller

BROOKE: I (disgusted with LUCAS) … (stands) Unbelievable, You know what? Don’t talk to me

(LUCAS stands there thinking if either he shouldn’t have said it like that or he’s still wondering about the pregnancy. The song ends, the crowd cheers, LUPE FIASCO looks around humbled, LUCAS looks around depressed)

[Tric-Bar counter]

(DEREK is sitting at the bar, LUCAS walks up to him bobbing his head as LUPE FIASCO starts another song, “I Gotcha”)

LUCAS: (smiles) Lupe’s pretty great, huh? (leans next to DEREK) … So what’d you tell Peyton I said?

<Note: His tone sounds like he’s mad but not trying to show it>

DEREK: What?

LUCAS: At the party, apparently you heard Brooke and me talking (mad) What did I say, Derek?

DEREK: Look, all I said was … if you’re getting back together with Brooke, you’d have less time to spend with Peyton, that’s all (laughs) I got no problem with you, Luke, you’re a cool guy, man

(DEREK holds his hand out to slap LUCAS’ but LUCAS just stares at him angry, never bothers to look at DEREK’s hand, and walks away. DEREK looks forward for a second then back at LUCAS, as if he finds it funny)

(Cut to LUPE FIASCO performing)

LUPE FIASCO: I hush puppies / the swans in the pond call my duck ugly / but now they hug me because is lovely

(Cut to Restrooms: BROOKE walks out)

LUPE FIASCO: They love the aroma of the roamer of the world (BROOKE spots SHELLY and the “Clean Teens” at a table) Got the shakers and the skaters and the players and the girls (SHELLY waves for BROOKE to join them)

(BROOKE looks at her for a moment the hear a familiar voice, GLENDA FARRELL)

GLENDA’s VOICE: Hey Brooke

(BROOKE walks away from SHELLY and the “Clean Teens” and goes the other way, SHELLY looks upset)

(Cut to GLENDA’s table: BROOKE walks over to her and is surprised, in a happy way, to see that GLENDA has changed, she’s more Goth-like than before)

BROOKE: (smiles) Glenda?

GLENDA: (laughs) Yeah, I’m trying something new

BROOKE: Yeah, you look … good in black

GLENDA: (smiles) Thanks, so, uh, you know Shelly?

BROOKE: Oh (looks over her shoulder to look at the “Clean Teens” table for a moment) um, not exactly--I don’t really hang out with (makes quotes with fingers) “Fake Virgins”

GLENDA: Yeah, you know what sucks about that whole born-again virginity thing? … (laughs) I am a virgin and Shelly was, like, the biggest slut at church camp last summer

BROOKE: Wait a minute--you hung out with Shelly last summer?

GLENDA: Well not all summer, Shelly’s parents came and got her halfway through

BROOKE: (curiously) Really?

(BROOKE sits there thinking)

LUPE FIASCO: Welcome all of you all to my dark recesses

BROOKE: Huh

(BROOKE turns to face SHELLY and her table of “Clean Teens” and looks at SHELLY who is laughing hard with some of her friends, BROOKE turns back around and stays thinking)

LUPE FIASCO: It takes half of your bubble bath to match the freshness

LUPE FIASCO: The belly from the beast you know I’m from it / I’ll wrap it in a towel here go pal in the stomach / And I’ll be on my green like Irish spring and I coast …

(Cut to NATHAN and HALEY sitting)

NATHAN: So have you heard, about Brooke?

HALEY: Nathan, I--I don’t think this is the place to talk--

NATHAN: (disappointed tone) --You knew about it, didn’t you? (chuckles) … you remember that fight we had about birth control?

HALEY: Yeah, how could I forget it

NATHAN: Brooke and Lucas both heard that entire thing. I mean, you’d think after something like that they’d use two condoms … and how could you just not tell me?

HALEY: Because she’s scared to death

NATHAN: Yeah, she should be. I mean, how do you just tell a guy that his life is over?

(NATHAN looks at HALEY then he groans and drinks)

LUPE FAISCO: Y’all want the realness?!

CROWD: Hey, I gotcha!

LUPE FIASCO: You want the realness

LUPE FIASCO: Hey

LUPE FIASCO: You all want the realness , Hey

LUPE FIASCO: You want the realness

CROWD: Hey, I gotcha

LUPE FIASCO: (talking) You know I doooooo

(The crowd goes wild as they cheer and applaud him)

(Cut to Souvenir booth: There is a green “Listen Lupe” t-shirt on the counter that SHELLY is going to purchase and she hands cash to the cashier, she stares at the shirt a moment as BROOKE walks up to her)

BROOKE: (sympathetically) Hey, Shelly? What happened last summer?

SHELLY: I don’t know what you’re talking about

(SHELLY quickly tires to walk away but BROOKE grabs her by the arm to stop her and SHELLY’s back faces BROOKE)

BROOKE: I know your parents picked you up from summer camp (SHELLY slowly turns to her) … What happened?

(SHELLY looks like she’s ready to cry)

SHELLY: (voice breaking) You don’t think about it … you meet a cute boy and you’re having fun (fights back tears) … I couldn’t tell my parents, I mean, you don’t get pregnant at Church camp … Brooke, you have to have your baby, okay. You have to

BROOKE: You had an abortion, didn’t you?

SHELLY: (teary) You can’t take it back. You think it’s gonna make everything better but it doesn’t … (cries) You can never take it back

BROOKE: (comforting tone) Shelly

(SHELLY runs off and BROOKE, brokenheartedly, watches her run off crying)

<Note: Didn’t SHELLY tell BROOKE earlier “At least I’m not a baby k*ller?”>

[DAN SCOTT Residence-Living Room-Night]

(DAN is standing in front of the couch looking at a year book “Raven, ‘86” and takes sips from his drink. He places the drink on the table next to him and sits on the couch, he turns the page and stares at it. The camera closes up on the page and it’s a main picture of him in a tux with KAREN sitting in front of him, he stands behind her, there are two smaller pictures on the upper right of them dancing together. On the caption in the bottom of the main picture reads “Snowball King & Queen, Karen Roe and Dan Scott”)

(The camera zooms in on the main picture)

DR: (v.o) Are you still in love with Karen?

*Flashback-PSYCHIATRIC Office-Day*

(DAN on couch, DR in chair facing him)

DAN: (small smile) Maybe

*End of Flashback*

(DAN continues to stare at the yearbook)

DR: (v.o) So, in a way, now that your brother’s gone, you’ve won (DAN looks away from the book) maybe that’s why you feel so guilty

[Tric-Lower stairs]

(HALEY looks around then down the stairs)

HALEY: (worried) Brooke! (sighs) Were have you been? (going down the stairs) Where have you been, I’ve been looking everywhere for you

(HALEY can see BROOKE sitting at the very bottom, holding a drink)

BROOKE: (slurring) Hello, Haley James-Scott

(HALEY’s mouth drops when she realizes and asks …)

HALEY: Are you drunk?

BROOKE: Why wouldn’t I be … Tree Hill High thinks I’m a slut. Lucas thinks I’m giving birth to Chris Keller the second and my gossipy roommate thinks that I’d make a terrible mother--and she’s right

(BROOKE takes a sip from her drink)

HALEY: Okay, I’m going to take you home, okay?

BROOKE: No, mmm (softly) I can’t do this, Haley … I can’t be pregnant anymore

(HALEY looks away sadly, she knows what she must do)

[Tric-Outside Entrance-Nigh]

(NATHAN is walking down the stairs, RACHEL runs up to him)

RACHEL: We need to talk

NATHAN: Then talk

RACHEL: (shrugs) Not here

(RACHEL motions for them to get on his bike, NATHAN looks at it and chuckles)

NATHAN: Thanks to your flask, I’m walking

(NATHAN starts walking away)

RACHEL: Nathan (she follows as he turns) I really need to talk to you about the accident … please--look, um … tell you what, I’ll drive

(NATHAN sighs)

NATHAN: (looks around) I left my helmet upstairs and you don’t even have one

RACHEL: (bad girl smile) I won’t tell if you wont

(RACHEL holds her hands out for the keys, NATHAN looks around for a moment then reaches in his pockets, he hesitates for a moment but gives her the keys. She gets on the motorcycle and, like a pro, turns on the bike, NATHAN lifts the bike a bit to loosen the brake and hops in the back, he wraps his arms around RACHEL’s waist, she smiles, and then they drive off together)

[Tric-stage]

(The place is empty and PEYTON is standing on the stage holding some cords, there’s an employee that walks by and DEREK walks towards the stage clapping loudly)

DEREK: Tonight was … amazing, you did a great job (PEYTON walks to sit on stage by him) I’m sorry things with Lucas didn’t go as well as you planned (PEYTON sighs through her nose) You want to k*ll the messenger?

(DEREK is leaning on the stage)

PEYTON: Nooo, God knows if we did that in this town every time someone got pregnant there’d be nobody left

DEREK: Well, don’t take it to hard about Lucas and Brooke … (PEYTON looks at him) there’s a guy out there for you, Peyton … I know it

PEYTON: (smiles) Thanks (gets off stage) Come here

(PEYTON and DEREK hug, PEYTON smiles and pats him in the back in a sisterly way, but he hugs her sort of sexually aroused and starts smelling her hair, his hands are by her hair so he pushes her hair up to smell it, LUCAS, who has been off to the side obliviously turns to glance at them and is facing DEREK so he sees how DEREK’s holding her and LUCAS changes from oblivious to worried. PEYTON and DEREK end there hug)

PEYTON: So, see you later?

DEREK: Yeah

(DEREK walking backwards, exiting)

PEYTON: (barley heard) Bye

(PEYTON waves, LUCAS suspiciously watches DEREK leave and he walks up to PEYTON who is sitting on the stage again)

PEYTON: Hey, did you talk to Brooke? Is it true?

(LUCAS stares at were DEREK exited)

LUCAS: (not really caring about the question) I don’t know yet (looks at PEYTON) listen--what did Derek exactly say to you about me and Brooke?

PEYTON: (smiles) That’s-- … so not important

LUCAS: No--no--no, I need to know

(PEYTON’s smile fades)

PEYTON: He said he heard you say you would cut me out of your life if she would take you back--and it’s fine, Luke, I get it, !I get it!--

(LUCAS scoffs at the idea that PEYTON would even believe that)

PEYTON: --Okay?!--

LUCAS: --Oh, my God, Peyton! I would never say that--I would never cut you out of my life … Look, how much do you know about Derek, I mean--if he would lie about this (looks at the exit/sits)(suspiciously) I wonder what else he’s lying about

PEYTON: You know, what? Maybe he’s not lying--maybe that’s just what he thought he heard you say

LUCAS: (“come on” tone) Peyton

PEYTON: Luke, come on. You’re the one who told me to be more trusting so don’t ruin this for me

(PEYTON smiles sadly then turns to looks around the stage, she gets a confused look on her face, LUCAS stairs straight ahead)

PEYTON: Great (looks around) my jacket--it’s gone

LUCAS: Well (looks back) maybe you left it backstage--

PEYTON: --No, I left it here (sad) somebody, somebody took it (sits on stage/sad) Ellie gave me that jacket

(LUCAS looks away sadly)

LUCAS: (v.o) There comes a time when every life goes off course (Lucas thinks) in this desperate moment who will you be?

[ROE Residence-Kitchen]

(KAREN takes milk in tiny pitcher, for coffee, out of the fridge and there is a knock on the door, KAREN opens it and it’s DAN)

DAN: (confused) I thought (points back) maybe you’d be at Tric

KAREN: (sighs) Oh, yeah (walks to fridge) Deb fired me

DAN: (walks in) Fire is her specialty … sorry, I talked to Lucas, I don’t know if I got through. Maybe the only thing I can give him is an example not to follow

(KAREN grabs her cup of coffee)

KAREN: You just summed up my whole parenting strategy (laughs)

DAN: (chuckles) I just thought you should know, good night

(DAN starts to exit)

KAREN: Dan

DAN: (stops and turns) Yeah?

KAREN: … Would you like some coffee?

(DAN tires to hide the fact that he’s most likely thrilled)

DAN: That’d be great

(KAREN stares at DAN)

LUCAS: (v.o) Will you let down your defense …

[Molina Bridge-Night]

(NATHAN and RACHEL are standing at the edge of the bridge looking down on the river)

LUCAS: (v.o) … and find solace in someone unexpected

NATHAN: Why are we here?

RACHEL: I wasn’t honest with you, Nathan … (NATHAN looks at her) I do remember something from the accident (he looks curious) … something I saw in the water

NATHAN: What is it, Rachel? What’d--what did you see?

RACHEL: (scared) Keith

(NATHAN stares at RACHEL in shock)

[RACHEL’s Bedroom]

(BROOKE and MOUTH enter, BROOKE sits on her bed)

MOUTH: Tough night, huh?

BROOKE: (shrugs) Stupid rumors

MOUTH: Brooke, um, the other night at the party (sits next to her) you and Rachel thought I was asleep but I wasn’t … I heard you talking and … I know Rachel thinks you shouldn’t have this baby but she’s wrong … you are going to make a great mother (nods) I honestly believe that

(BROOKE tears up at MOUTH’s words and hugs him)

LUCAS: (v.o) Will you reach out …

(Tears fill BROOKE’s eyes, then she pulls MOUTH away)

BROOKE: I need to tell you something

[ROE Residence-LUCAS’ Bedroom-Night]

(HALEY walks in, LUCAS on his chair by bed)

HALEY: I need to tell you something

LUCAS: (looks up) Is it true … about Brooke?

(HALEY sits on LUCAS’ bed)

HALEY: Oh, don’t be mad at Brooke she’s been a great friend

LUCAS: (worried) I just--I just can’t believe (stands) she wouldn’t tell me

HALEY: Luke, it’s not Brooke … it’s me … (whispers) I’m pregnant

(LUCAS gives her a “What?” expression and chuckles, really, really relieved. He sighs happily and sits next to HALEY)

HALEY: Nathan’s just been working really hard and all of his dreams are so close and this … this just changes everything

LUCAS: Well, Nathan isn’t Dan … he’ll understand

HALEY: (voice breaking) I’m really scared, Luke

(HALEY starts to cry and LUCAS hugs her)

LUCAS: (comfortingly) Shhh, it’s going to be okay

<Note: He’s making a face, which she can’t see, that looks like he’s trying hard to believe in the words he just said>

HALEY: (tear rolls down) How do you know?

LUCAS: ‘Cause this kid’s going to have a great Uncle (they end embrace) I learned form the best

(HALEY close her eyes and nods)

LUCAS: (v.o) Will you face your greatest fears bravely? …

(LUCAS touches HALEY’s hair then hugs her)

[PEYTON’s Bedroom]

(PEYTON has her phone connected to the computer, the phone has the picture of her and DEREK from that afternoon before Tric. PEYTON clicks something and the picture is shown on her computer screen

<Note: They both look adorable by the way>

(PEYTON thinks for a moment then looks at the computer screen)

LUCAS: (v.o) … or move forward with faith …

[DEREK’s Hotel Room]

(sh*t of “Psycho wall-Peyton pictures” the camera moves all around them, then to a girl, prost*tute, looking at the pictures)

LUCAS: (v.o) … or will you succumb to the darkness in your soul

prost*tute: (turns around) You got it bad, don’t you, baby?

(DEREK, who looks a mess, mentally, is smoking a cigarette and looks at the prost*tute, she looks back at him then grabs a wad of money at the desk and sticks it in her purse. She walks up to him and he looks at the picture, the camera cuts to a picture of PEYTON in her cheerleading uniform but she’s cut into pieces so it looks mosaic, there are more pictures of her walking, not knowing the camera was there. DEREK takes a quick puff form his cigarette)

prost*tute: Well, here you go

(The prost*tute gives him a pose and she is wearing almost the exact same thing PEYTON was wearing at Tric that night. She’s wearing a different kind of rock t-shirt a bigger belt but she’s wearing a camouflage skirt black spandex and … ELLIE’s jacket, but she’s a brunette with curly hair so …)

DEREK: One more thing

(DEREK takes a blond wig out and throws it at the prost*tute)

prost*tute: (smiles) Kinky

(The prost*tute bends down to put on the wig properly and DEREK continues to looks at the pictures of PEYTON on his wall, he smiles psychotically and the prost*tute stands up with the wig on her hair)

DEREK: Perfect

(DEREK stands and faces the prost*tute)

(Cut to prost*tute’s legs and it goes up to show her skirt and belt. DEREK stares at it with desire)

(Cut to the wall of pictures, some are of AOD PEYTON and another one is this zoomed up picture where it’s black and white and only her eyes, others are of her in the River court)

(Cut to DEREK who stares at the prost*tute in a psychotic way)

(Cut to the prost*tute but from her waistline to her chest)

(Cut to the wall with more pictures of PEYTON in black and white, colored but in none of them is she aware she’s being photographed)

(Cut to DEREK still staring at the prost*tute, he slowly walks up to her and she waits biting her bottom lip)

(Cut to one of the pictures of PEYTON where she’s looking ahead with her mouth open, like when someone surprises you with something nice)

(Cut to DEREK, who stays staring at the prost*tute but begins to remove the wife-beater he’s wearing)

(As DEREK slowly takes of his shirt it reveals a big tattoo that covers his whole back, the tattoo is the “A.O.D PEYTON” drawing that PEYTON gave to him)

(Camera fades out)

The End