04x16 - You Call It Madness, But I Call It Love

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

04x16 - You Call It Madness, But I Call It Love

Post by bunniefuu »

One Tree Hill Season 4 episode 16

You call it madness but I call it love

Derek: Shhh, shhh.

Lucas: I guess I have my answer

Derek: I can’t believe he actually left. I would never give up on you that easily, you hear me ? Our love is forever.

Nathan: So, when you took your boot off, was it all … ?

Haley: Ohhh, it was like Teen Wolf. Seriously I got to use three razor blades.

Nathan: Nice. I’m proud of you Hales. My girl went strong to be rehap by prom.

Haley: Yeah. Well at least everything will be perfect tonight.

Nathan: Ohhh we gotta stop saying that !

Whitey: When did the chaperon’s been prettier than the prom queen ?

Dan: Thanks, but I’m with someone !

Karen: Oh, hi Whitey. You look handsome.

Whitey: Thank you.

Karen: I’d better get to see if Principal Turner needs anything.

Whitey: What the hell are you doing ?

Dan: I’m making the rest of you guys look bad.

Whitey: Years ago I watched you screw up Karen’s life. I’m not gonna allow history to repeat itself.

Dan: And yet you’ve been trying to make that tux work since the seventies.

Whitey: I’ll be watching you Danny.

Nathan: I think, I think the […] snapped. Maybe it’s the, the thingamajig.

Haley: Can i please call Lucas now ?

Nathan: Yeah.

Haley: Ugh, I have no signal.

Nathan: Oh great ! Well, there’s a convenient store about a mile up ahead, I’ll just walk there and call for a ride I guess, you can stay.

Haley: No, thank you, a pregnant girl in a prom dress with a broken down car is how urban legends get started I’m coming with you.

Nathan: What about your leg ?

Haley: It’ll be a good test come on !

The Clerk: This is the final boarding call for flight 121, service to New Orleans.

Derek: Oh good, good, you’re awake. I’m sorry about the sedative but there were just so many last minute details. I missed you Peyton, so much. Oh God, I missed that smell ! You’re probably wondering how I got out of jail. Miss Sawyer ? Detective Wilcox here. We just call and let you know we have your stalker in custody. Yeah ? You know I’ve had a lot of time to think about what went wrong with us last time. A girl like you needs romance. I get that now. So that’s why you and I are gonna have our own private prom, just the two of us.

GENERIC

Brooke: Hey.

Lucas: Hey, I’m so sorry to hear about your dress. I had no idea.

Brooke: It’s ok I got most of it off now and when you blacklight me it just says ‘who’.

Lucas: Oh.

Brooke: So, where is she anyway ?

Lucas: I went over to her house to pick her up and she won’t even open the door. I guess she’s not coming.

Brooke: Hey, I need to leave for a little while.

Mouth: Sure, where are we going? Right, take it easy on the turns. My grandpa Mel […] the suspension.

Brooke: Ok. Hey I’ll be back in time for my coronation .

Mouth: Are they still voting for Prom Queen?

Brooke: Yeah but, it’s really just a formality.

Derek: You know, the hardest part about the night we broke up, it wasn’t your betrayal, it wasn’t even falling out of a second story window, no. The hardest part was losing my photos and now I have to start it all over. Smile Peyton.

Peyton: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Nathan: Thanks for picking us up mom.

Deb: Just think I couldn’t have done this a month ago, maybe, I just would have spent a lot more time on the sidewalk! Oh, pretend I’m not here.

Nathan: Sorry. This isn’t exactly how I wanted to start our romantic prom night.

Haley: It’s ok, you know after everything we’ve been through in the past year, your mom taking us to prom feels pretty good.

Nathan: Kinda like we’re kids again?

Haley: Yeah. You know maybe tonight we don’t have to be married and pregnant, we can just be teenagers.

Nathan: Well in that case, what’s you curfew?

Derek: Lucas!

Peyton: You’ve reached Peyton’s voicemail. Congratulations.

Lucas: Hey Peyton, this isn’t right. You’re the one I wanna be with tonight, prom and all … so call me ok? Please.

Principal Turner: Miss Gatina! You know that you’re not allowed on school grounds?

Rachel: What are you gonna do expel me?

Principal Turner: Don’t make me call the police.

Rachel: Fine. All right, I’ve got a limo, and a fully stuffed mini bar, who’s with me? This school sucks.

Mouth: Rachel, wait. I’m coming with you.

Rachel: What about Brooke?

Mouth: If she were here she’d do the same thing, it’s what friends do.

Rachel: See you Turner! Oh, expect a call from my lawyer about the sexual harassment.

Principal Turner: She’s kidding

Dan: Relax Turner. You need a drink and in fact I confiscated this flask from one of your students. Gimme a minute Karen.

Derek: It’s time for our first dance. This song is special. I made it from your podcasts. I hope you see now how much thought I put into tonight. It’s why I couldn’t have you going to prom with Lucas. And afterwards, giving yourself to him. I couldn’t allow that Peyton, you belong to me. We’re gonna have the perfect prom, and afterwards we’re gonna go up to your bedroom, and have the perfect prom night. Well another tex from Lucas, let’s see what it says. Ohhh, I’m so sorry, please talk to me, prom sucks without you. Let’s reply: sorry, running late, wait for me. Hugs and kisses. Is that emoticon too much you think? Ohhh, what the hell, semi-colon and close parentheses.

Lucas: Hey, Glenda you look great!

Glenda: Thank you! So I guess I’m not the only one alone at prom. Maybe Lucas Scott really is a Goth at heart.

Lucas: ugh, Peyton is on the way, finally! But you know, I could use company until she gets here.

Glenda: Good, cause I could use someone help me pretend I’m above of those prom stuff.

Lucas: Ok.

Nathan: Hey, good news. Nobody’s using the DW not I car tonight so it’s all ours.

Haley: Sweet!

Nathan: You’re ready to dance?

Haley: Definitely. Definitely not! I think I failed the test.

Nathan: Ok. Sit down. It’s alright.

Haley: no, it’s not ok. Aren’t you the guy that always said at some point you just gotta deal with the pain?

Nathan: Yeah, well, I’m an idiot. I’m gonna get you some punch ok? Here.

Haley: Thank you. Ouhh honey, that ain’t punch!

Student: Noooot bad huh? Yeah… They […] my flask when I came in, then I went to plan B, so it’s all […]

Nathan: You spiked the punch?

Student: Dude, it’s prom!

Nathan: My wife is pregnant, you idiot!

Student: Dude, it’s prom!

Haley: Dude, It’s prom.
Glenda: Hey, you see that guy over there? He’s got the key to a room at the Holiday in, and a box of wine cooling in the mini fridge.

Lucas: You do this a lot?

Glenda: Helps k*lling time when you live on the sidelines. Ok it’s your turn.

Lucas: She’s wondering if she should forgive the guy for being an ass for the last seventeen years.

Glenda: Your mom, right?

Lucas: Yeah. And daddy.

Brooke: Come one Peyton, your car is in the driveway I know you’re home! Ok Peyton, your curling iron is still on so if you’re tryna make it look like you’re not here at least make it convincing! Great. Hide in your creepy basement because you know I hate it! Too bad, I’m coming down anyway. Oh my God.

Derek: Well, well, Brooke Davis. One kiss wasn’t enough so you came by for a second?

Brooke: Get of me!

Peyton: Brooke!

Mouth: What happened I thought you were leaving tonight?

Rachel: My flight got delayed by a few hours. Just enough time to crash the bal.

Mouth: Well we hang out and then I take you back at the airport.

Rachel: You sure? I mean it’s your prom night.

Mouth: Yeah but it’s your last night! Besides prom just makes me think about Shelly.

Rachel: Alright Mouth, talk to me.

Mouth: I can’t stop thinking about her. Her eyes, her smile, those little freckles on the small of her back…

Rachel: Hang on? The small of her back? The clean teen gave it up! Nice work!

Mouth: Yeah, so nice she never wants to see me again.

Rachel: You’re welcome to the rest of your life. Sex changes everything.

Mouth: You know what, let’s not talk about Shelly. This is you and I what do you wanna do?

Rachel: I wanted to deflower you, but I guess I’m too late for that. I wanna do what you wanna do!

Mouth: I wanna get Shelly back!

Rachel: Except that! Shelly is nuts, and this is coming from a girl who has seen a lot of nuts!

Mouth: I know but, she made me feel dangerous you know? Like I was more than myself.

Rachel: Mouth, quit talking about Shelly!

Mouth: Yeah, I’m boring you.

Rachel: No. you’re making me jealous.

Glenda: So, when do I get the next chapter of your book? Or is that your strategy? Get me hooked and leave me hanging?

Lucas: No, that’s not it. The truth is I’m stuck! On the day my uncle Keith d*ed.

Glenda: Sure it’s hard to revisit that day. But telling the truth about it could help a lot of people, maybe even you.

Lucas: You see that’s just it, I have trouble with the details, there’s a lot of things about that day I can’t remember, I kinda like blocked it up.

Glenda: I tell you what, why don’t you walk me through the things you can remember? Maybe it’ll help to talk it through.

Lucas: Alright.

Derek: It’s a good thing I brought extra rope.

Brooke: Untie me you freak!

Derek: It’s figures you’d be good with your mouth. Noone is gonna hear you.

Brooke & Peyton: HELP!

Derek: You know Peyton, you really shouldn’t… the music so loud!

Brooke & Peyton: HELP US !

Haley: This is the weirdest prom ever, no Peyton, no Brooke, no Lucas, no Mouth…

Nathan: No rachel.

Haley: Good prom!

Principal Tuner: Nathan, I need you to drive a student home.

Nathan: What do you mean?

Principal Turner: You’re the DW not I car don’t you?

Nathan: Yeah. I guess I do, who is it?

Peyton: Why did you come?

Brooke: We’ve been talking about senior prom since we are 8. I knew something was wrong.

Peyton: So, you told someone you were coming?

Brooke: No… at least I came!

Peyton: You should have told somebody!

Brooke: That is your problem you are so angry.

Peyton: You’re an idiot!

Brooke: Don’t call me an idiot bitch!

Peyton: I hope he kills you first.

Derek: That’s a good idea. I know how much you hate her, Peyton. I was outside today, watching. I heard that you told Brooke that she was dead to you. Now I’m gonna make it official.

Peyton: Derek, wait.

Derek; Don’t you see, Peyton? I was serching for some way to show you how much I love you. I’m gonna hurt her as much as she hurt you.

Peyton: Derek, hey, hey, look at me. If you really, really love me, let me do it. This is my chance to revenge, you, well, you should know that. Look you were right about me, okay? Hey, listen, you were right. We are so much alike. I have all the same feelings that you do, and I have all the same desires.

Derek: I don’t believe you.

Peyton: It’s true. Hey, I just couldn’t admit it before. I’m gonna prove it to you now, okay, just untie me.

Derek: You’re lying.

Peyton: Come on Derek. You got the Kn*fe, and I’m half your size! Hey, baby.

Derek: You better not be lying.

Peyton: I’m not, baby. I promise. (she slaps Brooke) God that felt good!

Derek: Do it again.

Brooke: Why don’t you make it hurt next time bitch?

Peyton: Alright, gimme the Kn*fe. I’m gonna finish this bitch off. Gimme the Kn*fe!

Derek: I don’t think I can trust you.

Peyton: Let’s talk about trust okay. See, you lied to me, you said you were my brother, didn’t you? You went about it everything all wrong Derek. God, you’re … you’re such a beautiful boy! All you had to do was ask! Would you gimme the Kn*fe, and then when I’m finished with her, we’ll go upstairs, ok?

Derek: You wanna cut vertically. It’s conter intuitive. I know.

Peyton: All this time you said I was a backstarving bitch, you have no idea how right you were!

Brooke: God you didn’t have to hit me so hard.

Peyton: I’m sorry, I’m so sorry!

Brooke: Peyton, Peyton, he’s moving, just get out of here!

Peyton: No, I’m not leaving you.

Derek: That was so disappointing! You know what? I changed my ming. I think I’ll k*ll you first!

Brooke: Peyton, run!

Derek: Yeah, Peyton, run! You shouldn’t have lied Peyton. It’s not very nice!

Lucas: She told me she loved me. I just figured it was because she lost a lot of blood. But at some level I knew it was true. I was just too afraid to admit it because, it would’ve hurt Brooke.

Glenda: You ever think maybe that’s why you have trouble writing about that day? Maybe you block things out because you’re afraid if you face the truth, it could hurt the other people you love.

Student: So, I heard about you and Brooke Davis. Hi 5! I guess that means you guys have like, an open marriage. That is so great!

Nathan: Out!

Student: What? But my house is like a mile…

Nathan: Out.

Student: That’s cool. I’ll see you at school.

Nathan: You still wanna be a teenager?

Haley: Oh my gosh! You know, I used to dream about how wonderful senior prom would be, the last great party with all our friends before we graduate. This night? This is nothing like I predicted.

Nathan: Yeah, well you gotta be careful about your predictions.

Haley: Baby, the school’s back there, where are we going?

Nathan: It’s a surprise.

Haley: Okay.

Derek: Open the door, Peyton! You already know I could break it down. You forgot to lock it.

Peyton: I didn’t forget! It doesn’t feel so good, does it? I’m not gonna run from you anymore Derek, I’m not gonna run anymore purely now get up!

Derek: You’ve been training.

Peyton: It’s right, with my real brother. He taught me this! And that is fro making me afraid to sleep, you creepy, and smelly son of a bitch !

Derek: Shhhh. You really think you could b*at me? A girl?

Brooke: How about two girls?

Peyton: Brooke get out! Get off !

Brooke: Peyton, [...]

Peyton: [...]

Brooke: Peyton, be careful he's gonna lunge. They always lunge.

Derek: Arghhh!

Brooke: I'm gonna call 911.

Peyton: Brooke wait, gimme five minutes.

Brooke: Look about earlier today, you were right. All those things that I said about your mom ...

Peyton: No... we both said [...] things today. Besides if you hadn't come right now, i'd be bitching my both mom about you in person. You saved me.

Brooke: You saved me too. I guess now it's hoes over psychos.

Peyton: Yeah.

Brooke: So where do we go from here?

Peyton: Prom?

Brooke: Ok.

Rachel: you know, I lied you when I told you my flight was delayed. The truth is <i wasn't sure I was ready to get on it.

Mouth: Why not?

Rachel: Because i wanted us to have our last dance.

Mouth: Let's have it.

Rachel: You're gonna break a lot of hearts Mouth McFadden.

Dan: So what do you think? Does this b*at our prom?

Karen: Oh let's see, the theme for our prom was 'Every rose has its thorn', yeah.

Dan: Thorn, right. I was out at the night i told you I was leaving to take the basketball scholarship. I want you to know that for the past seventeen years, I've been pretending that it was the right choice.

Karen: For the last seventeen years, I've been pretending that choice didn't break my heart.

Dan: I wanna ask you something, do you think it's impossible for you ever to have feelings for me again, like you once did ?

Karen: No, it's not impossible.

Haley: What are we doing here?

Nathan: Do you remember the last time i went up here?

Haley: Yeah I do, it was when we were separated and I try to forget.

Nathan: Well, you showed me the predictions that you and Lucas make every year on the first day of school. And i made a prediction on my own that night, you remember? Here it is.

Haley: Haley and I will be together again by graduation. Did you really believe that?

Nathan: I was in a pretty dark place back then but, I never stopped believing in us. My prediction came true Hales! As far as I'm concerned, that makes this a great night. So, you think your leg's ready for a dance?

Haley: Ohhh, I wish it were but it's still a little stiff. Sorry.

Nathan: [...]

Haley: Ohhh, it's my lucky night!

The clerk: Attention, now flight 243 to New Orleans at gate 6. Attention, now flight 243 to New Orleans at gate 6.

Rachel: It's me.

Mouth: Then I guess this is goodbye. I'm really glad you came back tonight Rachel.

Rachel: Me too. Hey, you wanna come with me?

Mouth: I can't, I'd miss finals, an graduation, it's su1c1de!

Rachel: No, it's just dangerous. It's ok Mouth. See you later.

Mouth: Rachel wait. I'm coming with you.

Dan: So, it's you.

Lucas: What do you mean?

Dan: You lost your phone.

Lucas: It's not my phone.

Dan: Sure?

Lucas: Yeah. What's wrong with you? And where's my mom?

Dan: She's... I'm sorry, i just... What are you doing here Lucas?

Lucas: I guess i just keep feeling like, i keep feeling like Keith's trying to tell me something.

Dan: We already had this conversation, son.

Lucas: I know, but...

Dan: No! Keith's dead, ok? He's not coming back. Open your eyes.

Flashback:

Keith: Open your eyes Luke. Open your eyes!

Lucas: Keith?

Keith: Luke, I love you, now go.

Peyton: Are you ready for this Brooke Davis?

Brooke: Welcome to prom, P Sawyer.

Bevin: Attention everyone! Get around the stage. It's time to announce our prom queen. The envelope please. Okay, and this year's prom queen: Brooke Davis!