05x12 - Hundred

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

05x12 - Hundred

Post by bunniefuu »

ONE TREE HILL

LUCAS’ CAR

Lucas is in his car (Keith’s car) with Haley and Jamie.

LUCAS (voiceover) : When I was a boy, my family took me on a trip. We didn't go to any exotic place. We didn't go anywhere glamorous. We just drove.

JAMIE (voiceover) : Where did you go, uncle Lucas?

LUCAS (voiceover) : We drove the back road to Tree Hill, and we saw all kinds of wonderful things.

JAMIE (voiceover) : Well, where were you going?

LUCAS (voiceover) : Everywhere. Anywhere. But where we ended up really wasn't the point. It was the things we saw and the people we met along the way.

JAMIE : Who was with you?

LUCAS (voiceover) : It was just my mom, my uncle, and me.

JAMIE (voiceover) : Where was your daddy?

LUCAS (voiceover) : He wasn't there. But something happened that day... something magical.

JAMIE (voiceover) : What was it? What happened?

LUCAS (voiceover) : My uncle let me drive.

(Lucas put Jamie on his lap and makes it like he is driving.)

JAMIE (voiceover) : Were you scared?

LUCAS (voiceover) : No, I mean, the truth is, I'm not sure I ever felt safer. That day, in that car with my uncle and my mom... was one of the best days of my life. Just like today.

OUTSIDE CHURCH

Peyton is in her car and stops by the church. We see all the guest in front of the church and her and Lucas walking outside, married. She is daydreaming...

CLOTHES OVER BROS

We see Brooke, wearing Lindsey’s wedding gown with a seamstress working on her. Millicent walks in.

MILLICENT : Whoa

In fact, the gown is on a dressmaker’s form and Brooke is the one working on it

MILLICENT : That's gonna make for one beautiful bride.

INSIDE NATHAN AND HALEY’S HOUSE

Nathan is in the kitchen, Haley walks in

NATHAN : I want to come home, Haley. I love you.

HALEY : I have to get ready right now. I can't.

(Nathan grab Haley and kiss her, like for their first kiss)

HALEY : You shouldn't have done that.

NATHAN : I wanted to.

HALEY : Yeah.

(She kisses him back and it starts raining inside the house)

Nathan is, in fact, in his shower, alone

HARBOR

Haley, Lucas and Jamie are waiting

HALEY : So, you want to talk about this?

LUCAS : Well, you hate my book and you think I picked the wrong girl to spend the rest of my life with. What's there to talk about?

HALEY : Stop it. You know that I love Lindsey.

LUCAS : Oh, but I don't? I mean, I think I do, but I guess I'm just lying to myself. Is that your story?

HALEY : Geez, see if I read anything you write ever again.

LUCAS : Look, Hales, you can't say that the manuscript I gave you is about Peyton.

HALEY : It's about yearning and want, Luke. I think you wrote it about Peyton because you still love her.

LUCAS : And I think it's about a guy watching the sky. But thanks for caring.

HALEY : Well, whatever you do, just don't show those pages to Lindsey.

LUCAS : I already did.

(Lucas sees her mom getting of a boat and runs toward her)

LUCAS : Mom!

HALEY : And?

KAREN : Lucas?

LUCAS : Mom

KAREN : Oh, my gosh! Oh, I missed you, baby boy!

LUCAS : Oh, I missed you, too!

KAREN : Haley! How are you?

HALEY : Good.

(Karen sees Jamie)

KAREN : Oh, and who is this?

JAMIE : It's me, aunt Karen... James Lucas Scott.

KAREN : No, you are not James Lucas Scott. Jamie Scott is a baby.

JAMIE : I got bigger.

KAREN : You got bigger! Oh, my goodness. Look at you.

JAMIE : Where's lily?

LUCAS : Yeah, ma. Where's my little sister?

KAREN : Your little sister is with Andy.

(We see Andy, holding Lily , on the top of the boat)

GRAVEYARD

Karen is laying down some flowers in front of Keith’s grave. Lucas and Andy are watching from afar.

LUCAS : I think it's really great that you and my mom are back together, Andy.

ANDY : I think it's really great that you're almost gonna get married. Well, I mean, till your fiancée meets me.

LUCAS : I got to talk to my mom about getting rid of you.

ANDY : Listen, um... I love your mom... and Lily, but I want you to know something. I'd give it all up if Keith could be here on your wedding day. And all the days after that.

LUCAS : Thank you.

HOTEL ROOM

Dan is alone, getting ready for the wedding

DAN : I do love a wedding. Perfect occasion for a family reunion.

INSIDE THE CHURCH

In a private room, Lucas is already dressed and is helping Jamie to get ready.

LUCAS : All right, dude, sit still. You want to be the second-best-looking guy in this church, don't you?

(Nathan walks in)

NATHAN : Second best?

JAMIE : Daddy!

NATHAN : Jamie's gonna be the man. I'm gonna be second-best. You'll be lucky to make the top 10, Luke.

LUCAS : Thanks.

NATHAN : Oh, come here. I love you, boy. How much have you growing the last week... a foot?

JAMIE : Maybe. Aunt Karen didn't even know me.

NATHAN : All right.

JAMIE : Ooh, and daddy, did you see mama? She looked pretty.

NATHAN : I'll bet. You know the drill, right? You're gonna lead Lindsey down the aisle with Lily, and then when you get to me, you're gonna give me these two rings.

JAMIE : Treasure!

NATHAN : Nice, huh? And worth, like, all the money in the world. So when I give them to you, don't lose them, okay? 'Cause uncle Lucas can't finish his second book, and he's poor.

JAMIE : I'm sorry you're poor, uncle Lucas.

LUCAS : Thanks, Jamie.

JAMIE : Hey, daddy, when you married mama, was it your best day ever?

NATHAN : Actually, I think the day I graduated high school was my best day ever.

JAMIE : How come?

NATHAN : Well, 'cause that's the day you were born. Now, lace 'em up. Chop-chop.

NATHAN (to Lucas) : Got any intel for me with my girl?

LUCAS : Not really. She misses you. She's still stubborn. Same as last week. But I'll tell you, it kind of sucks for you that my mom's here.

NATHAN : Why's that?

LUCAS : Well, she raised a son with a really great uncle and no husband.

NATHAN : Dan sucks.

(A guy enters the room)

GUY : Flowers for the bride... who's clearly not here. Sorry.

LUCAS and NATHAN : I'll take 'em.

Jamie is holding the flowers, and with Lucas and Nathan are following him to Lindsey’s private room.

NATHAN : Dude, you got to give me this one. If I take these flowers to Lindsey, I get some face time with Haley.

LUCAS : Forget it, man. Lindsey's been staying with Haley to make it all romantic. I haven't seen her in a week.

NATHAN : So? It's bad luck. Besides, what do you think is gonna go down before your wedding in a church?

LUCAS : Oh, you underestimate me.

NATHAN : Lucas, you're going to hell. Listen. You and Lindsey are good, okay. You're still in that blissed-out,best-underwear, she-still-laughs at-your-stupid-jokes phase.

LUCAS : My jokes aren't stupid.

NATHAN : That's what you think. Look, the point is, I need this, okay? I'm fading fast here.

(Haley opens the door when Jamie knocks)

HALEY : Oh, flowers from a gentleman.

(Haley lets Jamie walking in)

LUCAS : Hey, we can help you out with that.

NATHAN : Hey, look who it is.

HALEY : Sorry, bad luck.

(Haley shut the door)

LUCAS : "Hey, look who it is"? No wonder you're fading.

(Lucas knocks at the door and Lily opens)

LUCAS : Lily. Oh, I sure did miss you. You think you can let your big brother Lucas in and come say hello?

LILY : No! You're bad luck!

(Lily slam the door too)

FLASHBACK, LUCAS’ BEDROOM, FEW DAYS EARLIER

Lucas and Lindsey are kissing, starting to make out

LUCAS : How did I get so lucky? You know, if I knew being engaged would be like this, I'd have proposed when we met.

LINDSEY : It's the book.

LUCAS : The book? My book?

LINDSEY : I love it, Lucas. I love what you wrote, and I love that you wrote it. It's so romantic.

LUCAS : Okay, we can definitely talk about this later.

(Lucas gets his short off and starts to undressed Lindsey, but suddenly stops)

LUCAS : You know, can I ask you... How do you mean "romantic"?

LINDSEY : What?

LUCAS : Well, I'm glad you like it and all, but I didn't really expect "romantic." I mean, it's about a Scientist and the stars.

LINDSEY : Luke, are you kidding me? I cried so much. He's just this lost little boy, and then he sees the comet, and suddenly, his life has meaning. And then he waits his whole life for the comet to return. He has faith that it will, even though science and his intellect tells him it won't. His heart still believes. It's beautiful, Lucas. And heartbreaking. It's an epic love story.

LUCAS : It's about a comet.

LINDSEY : It's about love in its purest form. When I think about how it came from your heart and your mind... it makes me so happy to know that I found you... and that I get to be your wife.

LUCAS : Thank you. I love you, Lindsey.

LINDSEY : I love you, Lucas.

CLOTHES OVER BROS

Brooke is turning back to the door when Karen walks in

BROOKE : I'm sorry, we're closed!

(She turns away and sees Karen)

BROOKE : Oh, my god.

(Brooke starts walking toward Karen but stops)

BROOKE : Do you hate me?

KAREN : No, I am proud of you!

BROOKE : I missed you! How's lily?

KAREN : Oh, she's good. She's very girly. But you'll see her at the wedding.

BROOKE : God, unless I'm so late that I miss it. I'm supposed to be there... you're supposed to be there!

KAREN : I just wanted to come by and see the café? and see you and maybe catch Peyton.

BROOKE : She's on her way.

KAREN : Good. How's she doing?

BROOKE : She's a mess. She's trying to put on a brave face and be noble, but we all thought this was gonna be her day.

KAREN : Yeah. And how are you? Are you happy? You are doing so well.

BROOKE : Thank you. It's hard, but I'm... I'm happy. At least I'm trying to be. Can I ask you something?

(Both sit on the couch)

BROOKE : I made Lindsey's wedding gown, and it got me to thinking about how I was supposed to make yours.

KAREN : It's okay.

BROOKE : It's not okay, and somehow you managed to make it okay. And I just wonder, I mean, I've always wondered where that strength comes from. That dignity and grace that you have put on in the face of everything that's happened in your life. Because I really want to be that kind of person someday.

KAREN : You already are, Brooke Davis. You've come further than anyone I know. And if you want to know a secret, you've just scratched the surface.

BROOKE : Thank you.

(Peyton walks in)

PEYTON : Hey, Brooke, come on. We're gonna be...

(She sees Karen and hugs her)

PEYTON : Hi

KAREN : Hi

PEYTON : Thank you for my office!

KAREN : Oh, you are so welcome. I... I know we have to go, but there really is something I wanted to tell you... both of you. You know, in life, if you let it, you can always come up with reasons to give up. But if you don't, you might just find love in places you never imagined... in a new relationship or in your work...

BROOKE : Or in your children.

KAREN : Whatever it is, just don't give up on it. And if you don't get it, well, you might get something better.

OUTSIDE CHURCH

Jamie and Lily are sitting outside of the church

LILY : That's what you have to call me.

JAMIE : I do not.

LILY : Do so. Say it. "Aunt Lily."

(Lindsey comes out, all dressed up)

JAMIE : You look like Cinderella!

Brooke and Peyton arrive in Peyton’s car and join all the g*ng.

BROOKE : I cannot believe we don't have dates for this thing. What kind of boyfriend takes his guy roommate camping for the weekend?

PEYTON : Jake Gyllenhaal?

BROOKE : That’s nice

SKILLS : Ah ,what up, what up? Who want a beer?

PEYTON : I do.

BROOKE : You're tailgating at Luke's wedding.

SKILLS : Like you don't want one.

(Brooke takes the beer and proposes it to Millicent)

MILLICENT : I'm designated driver.

SKILLS : So, what up, P. Sawyer? You got a plan?

PEYTON : A plan for what?

SKILLS : To steal Lucas back. Oh, so I'm the only one thinking like that, huh? Okay, look. Here's the drill. When they say "does anybody have any reason that this thing shouldn't go down?" Bam, that's you.

BROOKE : They don't do that at real weddings, Skills.

SKILLS : They should, though. You know, that's good drama. Anyway. How about this? I say we drug Lindsey first... even though I love her... Then we throw you in the wedding gown, so when Lucas lift up the veil, bam, it's on.

BROOKE : Um, Skills? That gown is tailor-made, so no. And Peyton is gonna be okay.

SKILLS : Right. You know I love you, P. Sawyer, right? But, baby girl, you are so far from okay, man, you ain't even in the same area code. Wait... Maybe Lucas will say the wrong name on the altar just like Ross did on "friends."

PEYTON : Okay. How about this? How about Peyton puts on a nice dress, watches Lucas get married, gets wasted, and has drunk, meaningless sex with some guy at the reception?

BROOKE : Yes.

SKILLS : Hey, baby, I ever tell you how sexy you look in that dress? Maybe we should head in.

(Skills grab some beer)

MOUTH : Hey, uh, aren't you watching Jamie?

SKILLS : You know what? You right. We got to get one for him, too. Let's do it! See y'all inside

(Everybody is heading inside the church, leaving Brooke and Peyton alone)

BROOKE :. I meant what I said. You're gonna be okay.

PEYTON : No, I know. I know. I just... I just need a minute, you know?

BROOKE : Okay. I'll save you a seat.

(Brooke leaves and let Peyton alone. Then she sees Lindsey, they looked at each other and Peyton walks to the church, leaving her shawl on the hood)

Haley sees Dan sitting in his car

HALEY : Can I help you?

DAN : Hello, Haley.

HALEY : Save it. You're not going into that church. And you're not gonna talk to my son, my husband, Karen, or Lucas, for that matter.

DAN : You should be careful about being so bossy. I've been in prison a long time. Kind of sexy.

HALEY : Don't screw with me, Dan. This is the last conversation you and I will ever have. Enjoy your reprehensible, miserable life.
INSIDE THE CHURCH

Lucas is watching Peyton entering the church, Nathan joins him

NATHAN : You ready for this?

LUCAS : Yeah. I'm ready.

NATHAN : All right, well, I'm not much for speeches, but, um... you're a good guy, Luke. You're a good friend, and you're a great brother. Whatever life throws at you, I got your back, all right?

LUCAS : Thanks.

NATHAN : All right. That's us.

The wedding starts, we see Haley walking down the aisle...

FLASHBACK, NATHAN AND HALEY’S APARTMENT, FEW YEARS AGO

Nathan and Haley are in their bed

NATHAN : What are you thinking, Mrs. Scott?

HALEY : Big things. Big, important things.

NATHAN : Like, "this isn't how I pictured my wedding night"?

HALEY : No. Like, this is the night we're gonna tell our children about, and our children's children.

NATHAN : I'd like to have kids someday.

HALEY : A son with your eyes?

NATHAN : No. A little girl just like you.

INSIDE THE CHURCH

Haley is still walking down the aisle

NATHAN (voiceover) : I am gonna love you forever, Haley James Scott. I promise.

From the balcony, where the orchestra is

MUSICIAN : You're welcome to watch from here, but I'm sure you can find a seat down below.

CARRIE : No, I'm fine. My son's the ring bearer.

Lily is walking down the aisle and throws petals in front of Peyton...

FLASHBACK TO WHEN THE RAVEN WON THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP (EPISODE 409)

LUCAS : It's you.

PEYTON : What?

LUCAS : When all my dreams come true, the one I want next to me. It's you. It's you, Peyton.

INSIDE THE CHURCH

Lindsey is walking down the aisle

MINISTER : We give thanks today... for Lucas and Lindsey, for their open heart sand their willing spirits, and for their closest friends and family. May we all be changed by what is said and witnessed here.

SKILLS : I got you, P. Sawyer.

BROOKE : Behave or I will spank you.

FLASHBACK, CLOTHES OVER BROS, FEW DAYS EARLIER

Brooke and Lucas are sitting on the couch, alone

BROOKE : It's a lot to process, I know. But now you know why I came home.

LUCAS : Brooke, are you sure? I mean... are you sure?

BROOKE : I'm sure. My heart is sure. This is what I want.

INSIDE THE CHURCH

MINISTER : It's a mystery how we fall in love, who we fall in love with, why we fall in love. But we do. Lucas Eugene Scott, do you take Lindsey Evelyn Strauss to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you...

(Peyton stand up)

PEYTON : Lucas, you can't!

SKILLS : That's what I'm talking about!

PEYTON : I'm sorry. I'm... I'm sorry, but you just... you can't, because I love you, and because you fixed my car!

BROOKE : Oh, boy.

PEYTON : Remember that day? Because that day changed everything, and I didn't know it at the time. But when you fixed my car, you fixed my heart. And when you proposed to me two years ago, I just wasn't ready. And I was lost and scared, so I said "someday," but someday is now, Luke, it is. Someday is now, and I love you. Please don't leave me again. People always leave.

(We see Lucas and Lindsey in the same position as before Peyton’s interruption)

MINISTER : Do you promise to be true to her?

PEYTON (voiceover) : At least, that's what I should have said.

MINISTER : In sickness and in health...

PEYTON (voiceover) : instead, I said nothing. And he said...

MINISTER : ... as long as you both shall live?

LUCAS : I do.

(Lucas put the ring on Lindsey’s finger)

MINISTER : Lucas Scott, you have declared your love...

JAMIE : I got to go to the bathroom.

SKILLS : All right, let's go.

JAMIE : Can I go by myself? Lily will make fun of me. Let me do it. I know where it is.

SKILLS : All right, but you come right back, you hear me?

JAMIE : I will.

MINISTER : Lindsey Evelyn Strauss, do you take Lucas Eugene Scott to be your lawfully wedded husband...

Jamie is walking toward the bathrooms alone

CARRIE : Jamie!

JAMIE : Nanny Carrie!

CARRIE : Oh, god, I missed you so much.

JAMIE : What are you doing here, nanny Carrie?

CARRIE : Your mom and dad said I could be with you again. Oh, I get you back, and I'm so happy. Come on.

JAMIE : I'm not supposed to leave the church.

CARRIE : Jamie, you know I love you. Don't you trust me?

JAMIE : Okay.

(They both leave the church)

We come back to the wedding

MINISTER : ... and to love and honor each other all the days of your life, until death do you part?

LINDSEY : It was a comet.

MINISTER : Excuse me?

LINDSEY : It was a comet, Luke.

LUCAS : Could you just give us a moment, please?

LINDSEY : The boy saw a comet.

LUCAS : Okay.

LINDSEY : The boy saw the comet, and he felt as though his life had meaning. And when it went away, he waited his entire life for it to come back to him.

LUCAS : Lindsey, I love you, but this really isn't the time for a book review, okay?

LINDSEY : What was the first day you ever talked to Peyton?

LUCAS : Lindsey

LINDSEY : Please.

LUCAS : Her car broke down.

FLASHBACK (EPISODE PILOT)

LUCAS : That's me inside your head.

PEYTON : What?

LUCAS : NOFX. Come on. Let me give you a ride.

(As the tow truck starts moving, we see the name of Peyton’s car: "Comet")

(And then we see Lindsey taking Peyton shawl she let on the hood earlier, and she sees the "Comet")

INSIDE THE CHURCH

End of the flashback, Lindsey is crying

LINDSEY : The boy saw the comet... and suddenly his life had meaning. I'm sorry, Lucas. I can't marry you.

(Lindsey gives him her wedding ring back and run out of the church)

Later, Lucas is sitting in the private room, Nathan walks in

NATHAN : I'm sorry, Lucas. She's gone.

LUCAS : I never took the time to make her feel comfortable with my history. I never took the time to explain it all.

NATHAN : So what are you gonna do? What happens next?

LUCAS : I want her back.

NATHAN : Then go get her. You're Lucas Scott. Come on. Screw that. Listen to me. You're Lucas Scott, okay? I've seen you do great things. I've seen you do some of the greatest things. Now, you need to look into your heart and ask yourself what you truly want, and if the answer is Lindsey, then just go get her, man. She doesn't stand a chance. Hey, you're my brother. I'm here for you. Now go. Go on, man.

OUTSIDE THE CHURCH

Haley is running and screaming for Jamie

HALEY : Jamie!

HALEY (to Lily) : Sweetie, have you seen Jamie?

LILY : No.

HALEY : Jamie! Jamie!

KAREN : Haley, any luck?

HALEY : No. I'm really getting worried right now. Dan was here. I saw him earlier. What do...

ANDY : No luck inside. I'm sorry.

SKILLS : I'm so sorry, Haley. I should have went with him.

ANDY : Mouth and Millicent are taking another look around back.

HALEY : Jamie! Jamie!

INSIDE THE CHURCH

Everybody left the church, Peyton is sitting alone and Brooke joins her

BROOKE : Hi. Well, that was a crazy wedding, huh? Did I ever tell you the one about the girl who got everything she ever wanted?

PEYTON : Did she feel horrible?

BROOKE : At first. But it's only 'cause she had a good heart. And then she fixed her makeup and smoothed out her pretty dress and went and talked to the boy she loves.

PEYTON : He said "I do," Brooke. The minister asked if he would love and cherish Lindsey forever, and he said "I do."

BROOKE : Bitch, you need to stop.

(Brooke looks up)

BROOKE : Sorry. Okay. Peyton, do you want to know why I came home? Besides to help you. I am 22 years old, and I have made more money than I could ever hope to spend, and I have never felt more alone in my life. You need to talk to him, Peyton. Just talk to him. And if you let the fact that Lucas said "I do" today to Lindsey while he was obviously lying to his own heart be the reason that you sit here and cry, I am gonna smack you across your pretty face. Come on.

(Brooke hugs Peyton)

BROOKE : It's okay... I want to have a baby.

PEYTON : With me?

BROOKE : No. I've spent four years working these endless hours to fill this void that all the success in the world is never gonna fill, and I realized that what I actually want is to have a family. It's okay. Luke looked really freaked out when we talked about it, too.

MOUTH : Sorry, guys. Have you seen Jamie?

BROOKE : No. Why?

MILLICENT : He's missing.

BROOKE : What?

OUTSIDE THE CHURCH

NATHAN : Haley. Hey, what's going on?

HALEY : Jamie's gone, and Dan was here.

NATHAN : What?

HALEY : He's missing. Dan came by. I told him he was not to come into the church, and now he's gone... we've looked everywhere!

(Nathan sees a police car and stops it)

POLICE OFFICER 1 : What the hell are you doing?

NATHAN : My son is missing, okay?

POLICE OFFICER 1 : All right, calm down. You could have got yourself k*lled.

NATHAN : We just left the wedding, okay? All the guests are gone, and my son is missing. He's 4 1/2 years old.

POLICE OFFICER 2 : Have you been drinking, sir? Have you been to the reception?

NATHAN : What kind of question is that? Have I been drinking?

POLICE OFFICER 2 : Hey, you need to listen to me.

NATHAN : No, you listen to me! My name is Nathan Scott, okay? My father is Dan Scott. He was arrested for m*rder, okay? He's a bad guy, and he was here today. Now, either one of you two idiots gets on your radio right now and finds my son, or I'll knock you both out and I'll do it myself!

POLICE OFFICER 1 : Hey, you need to relax, all right?... Dispatch, I have a 9-20c Charlie... missing person, critical. We're gonna need an exact description of your son.

HALEY : His name is James Lucas Scott. He's 4 1/2 years old. He's wearing a black tuxedo. He has blue eyes and sandy blond hair.

HOTEL ROOM

Carrie is washing Jamie’s hair in the washbasin.

CARRIE : You like that, Jamie? This will be fun. I'm gonna go get the hair dye, and then you're gonna have black hair just like mine.

JAMIE : Won't mama be mad?

CARRIE : No. Besides... I'm gonna be your mama now.

Later, Jamie, still blond, is sitting on the bed watching tv, while Carrie is going through her luggage, nervously.

TELEVISION : Run for your dear little lives. She is a witch and means to eat you for her supper.

CARRIE : Jamie, honey, nanny Carrie has to go out. But I have a key, and I want you to stay here and keep the doors locked.

JAMIE : By myself?

CARRIE : You'll be fine. I'll be right back. And I'll bring you a present.

JAMIE : When are we going home?

CARRIE : Home? Wh... don't you want to play a game?

JAMIE : I guess so.

CARRIE : Okay. Let's play hide-and-seek. I want you to hide, and don't come out until I find you, okay? Okay, I'll go out, and you hide. Go on.

JAMIE’S BEDROOM

Haley is alone, crying, Nathan joins her

NATHAN : The police are looking everywhere. Dan's license-plate number is on every single highway sign. Haley, you should... you should come downstairs.

HALEY (whispering) : I don't want to!

NATHAN : Haley...

HALEY : I don't want to! You should have been there.

NATHAN : I know.

HALEY : You're his father. You should have been there to protect him. You should have been there, and I should have let you come home.

NATHAN : This is not your fault. Haley...

HALEY : Yes

NATHAN : Haley, come here.

(Nathan takes her in his arms)

HALEY : I can't lose him! He's all I have.

NATHAN : I know. It'll be okay. I know.

HOTEL ROOM

Jamie is hiding. Dan is trying to look inside of the room by the window.

DAN : Jamie. Jamie, can you hear me? Listen to me. I'm here to help you. You have to open the door, son. I'm here to take you home.

(Jamie seems scared)

LUCAS’ HOUSE

Lucas comes home and run to his room, where Lindsey is, sitting on the bed, holding Lucas’ manuscript.

LUCAS : Lindsey! Lindsey! Linds?... Hi

LINDSEY : "It was more than just a comet because of what it brought to his life... direction, beauty, meaning. There were many who couldn't understand, and sometimes he walked among them. But even in his darkest hours, he knew in his heart that someday, it would return to him, and his world would be whole again, and his belief in god and love and art would be reawakened in his heart."

LUCAS : Lindsey, it's just a story. I mean, so what? Peyton's car is just a comet, you know? But this is crazy. I love you.

LINDSEY : I love you, too, Lucas. I do, and I always will. But your heart is conflicted, and I think I've always known it. I guess I was hoping that someday... I could be your comet. It's an epic love story, Luke. It's just not ours. And neither is this.

(She put her engagement ring with the manuscript, on the bed and goes to the door)

LUCAS : Lindsey, please. You can't just leave.

LINDSEY : People always leave, Luke. You know that.

(She looks at him and leaves)

HOTEL ROOM

Carrie comes back

CARRIE : Jamie? I'm back! I'm gonna find you. I'm gonna get you. Jamie.

(Dan pulls her against the wall and starts choking her)

DAN : I think you're wrong. I think I'm gonna get you. My name is Dan Scott. I think you know my grandson. It's okay. You can blink once for "yes."

(She blinks once)

DAN : That's what I thought. Well, you're done knowing him for the rest of time. And if you forget or if you decide to go anywhere near my family ever again... let's just say this... I k*lled my brother in cold blood. I'd have no problem k*lling you.

NATHAN AND HALEY’S HOUSE

In the living room, all the guest are there

SKILLS : I will never forgive myself. He has to come home. He has to.

Nathan is sitting on a chair, Lily comes to see him with Jamie’s little basketball

LILY : Is it okay if I play with this?

NATHAN : Yeah

Lucas enters the room, looks at Nathan and then goes see Haley to hug her

LUCAS : Haley. I'm so sorry. It's gonna be okay. You got to believe that, okay? He's gonna come home.

Jamie comes home and run into his parents arms

JAMIE : Mama!

HALEY : Sweetie, what happened to you? Are you okay?

JAMIE : I'm fine. Grandpa Dan saved me.

HALEY : What?

We see Dan walking in and everybody is looking at him.