09x10 - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

09x10 - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will

Post by bunniefuu »

SOUND STAGE

Dan shows to Julian the body.

JULIAN: Whoa! No, no. Is that...

DAN: Our friend the drug dealer. At least it used to be.

JULIAN: No. No, no, no. I didn't see that. I-I don't see that.

DAN: You mean him?

JULIAN: There's no "him."

DAN: Sure there is... Well, what's left of him. He's right there.

JULIAN: You can't... Okay, he's not... You can't k*ll people in a sound stage... My sound stage!

DAN: You rented it to me.

JULIAN: You said it wasn't illegal! I'm not a part of this.

DAN: Julian.

JULIAN: There's a dead guy in my sound stage!

DAN: Julian, he's not dead. He's just...Well, I guess he could be dead by now.

JULIAN: I can't go to prison, okay? You said it yourself. They'll like me there.

DAN: You're not going to prison.

JULIAN: I have a family, man!

DAN: Nobody is going to prison. Will you just calm down?! Besides, we're the only two people that know about this.

Chris joins them.

CHRIS: Is that guy dead?

DAN: Okay, three people know. Four, counting Haley.

JULIAN: We're going to jail.

LOCAL

Dmitri says Nathan he is on front one.

DMITRI: Rise and shine! Hey, look. Front page. Not your best photo, true, but still, front page is good, no? Before I get large cash, I have to show in good faith that you are still alive and somewhat well. Okay. Open your eyes, chin up. Say "the cheese." Would you like 8x10 or wallet size? No? Nathan Scott. The rest is silence.

NATHAN: No. Please. Not the hood.

DMITRI: Because you say "please." Etiquette counts, my friend. Look at this marmaduke. He... he crazy dog.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley tries ti distress in making sports.

KAREN'S CAFE

Brooke enters and sees the cafe is a mess.

SOUND STAGE

Julian panics.

JULIAN: Is he dead yet?

CHRIS: I don't think so. Check his pulse or something.

DAN: He's not dead.

CHRIS: He's right. He's not dead... yet. Boy, I'd sure hate to own this place.

JULIAN: Why? What's that supposed to mean?

CHRIS: Well, kidnapping, aggravated as*ault.

JULIAN: Dude...

DAN: Relax. You shut up. What are you doing here, anyway?

CHRIS: Well, I came to help, but Chris Keller's too pretty to go to prison.

JULIAN: Yeah, that's what i said.

CHRIS: You said Chris Keller was pretty?

DAN: Nobody's going to prison. How'd you know to find us here?

CHRIS: Haley... I followed her last night. By the way, she was looking super fine.

DAN: Why?

CHRIS: I don't know. She had on this little miniskirt and these boots.

DAN: Why did you follow her?

CHRIS: Oh. I was worried about her and about Nate. So I saw you guys drag the dead body in here.

JULIAN: He's not dead. Don't say "dead."

CHRIS: I followed her home, and I watched her cry in her car. I assume this guy knows where Nate is. Did he tell you?

DAN: He told me.

CHRIS: And you're gonna bring him home?

DAN: That's right.

CHRIS: Then I want to help.

DAN: Good.

CHRIS: Damn! Chris Keller was kind of hoping you'd say no, like when you offer to pick up a check. I was just being courteous.

JULIAN: You guys understand what we're doing here, right, with the dead body in the trunk and the weapons in the bag? You realize this is real, yes?

DAN: Yes.

JULIAN: Well, I think we should go to the cops.

DAN: No.

JULIAN: Why not?

DAN: 'Cause I don't trust them.

JULIAN: Why?

DAN: I went there last night... The warehouse underneath the interstate. I studied the guards, their shift patterns, entrances, exits. A patrol car came and left.

JULIAN: You think the cops are involved?

DAN: I don't know. All I know is, Nathan's in there and he's alive.

CHRIS: Are you sure... That he's alive, I mean?

DAN: First, why would they guard the place if he wasn't? Second, he's my son. He's alive. Look, you're right. This is real. It's not gonna be pretty. These guys are professionals. There's a half dozen or so. They're holding Nathan... My son, your friend, Haley's husband. I'm going back there tonight, and I'm not leaving without him. I need some help.

JULIAN: I'll help you.

CHRIS: It's Nathan.

DAN: What about you, peacock?

CHRIS: C-Chris Keller needs a little more time!

DAN: We don't have time.

CHRIS: Okay, fine, I'll help, but Chris Keller wants to go on record as saying Chris Keller doesn't like this.

(Dan gives them a g*n)

DAN: You guys ever sh**t? Ever handled a w*apon, fire a g*n, a r*fle, anything? Dan Scott doesn't like this, either.

CLAY'S CAR

Clay and Quinn are on the road to go somewhere. Clay memories

FLASHBACK, CLAY'S CAR

Clay tells to Quinn about Sara's death.

CLAY: I was talking about pens. The last thing I said to Sara before she d*ed. She went to grab a drink, and I was babbling about the pen I was using. And then she was gone. Sometimes I think that we waste our words and we waste our moments and we don't take the time to say the things that are in our hearts when we have the chance.

CLAY'S CAR

CLAY: You saved me. I wouldn't have made it without you.

QUINN: Well, thank you, baby, but where'd that come from?

CLAY: I was just thinking it, and I wanted to say it. You're always with me, Quinn.

QUINN: Good. That's right where I want to be.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley watches the latest Nathan's video.

NATHAN(at the video): It doesn't matter how far I go, Jamie Scott... You're always with me. Even when I'm in some ghetto in wherever I'm at. But, uh... You be good, okay? Be good to your mom and Lydia. Help out around the house. I'll be home soon. You're a good man, son. I love you.

LOCAL

Nathan is thinking.

NATHAN(Voice over): There was a moment when I was lost... When they had beaten me and I decided to beg them to let me live...To see my beautiful wife, my son, and my daughter...To breathe another breath and lie in the sun and just... Live. But begging them wouldn't change things. It would only give them satisfaction, and that i wouldn't do. No. This would be the job they carried with them for the rest of their lives. This would be the one they felt guilty about, their older, fading selves woke up regretting in the middle of the night, trying to quiet their remorse before their own deaths were upon them. So I made a decision... To give them nothing. And in that moment, one word came to mind.

NATHAN: Fortitude.

KAREN'S CAFE

Brooke starts to clean up the mess. Tara enters in.

TARA: Whoa-ho-ho. What happened? Oh, my God, you crazy bitch!

BROOKE: Turn around and walk the hell out of here before I b*at your scrawny ass with my bare damn hands.

TARA: What the hell are you mad at me for?

BROOKE: Don't play even dumber with me.

TARA: Oh, what, you think i did this? Okay, fine. Call the cops. My employees tell me you're the slut that cried wolf these days anyway, Brooke. So make the call... really, I cannot wait to hear your proof.

BROOKE: I know what I know, and either you did this or that psychotic employee you hired did. Either way, you are to blame, so get the hell out!

TARA: You are crazy.

BROOKE: Hey. If you didn't do this, now yow know what you're dealing with. And if you did, I always knew what I was dealing with.

TARA: Whatever.

WOODS

Julian and Chris trains to sh*t with a g*n.

CHRIS: Geez! Oh! I'm getting closer! I should get bonus points for that, right?

DAN: Sure. Maybe one of the bad guys should just lie down because you almost sh*t him.

CHRIS: Yeah, Chris Keller was thinking he'd be more of a lookout, like kind of hang back and offer moral support from afar.

DAN: What about you, Julian? You just want to hang back and offer moral support, too?

JULIAN: No.

CHRIS: Geez!

DAN: You sure you thought this thing through, Keller?

CHRIS: What's that supposed to mean?

DAN: You say you want to help Haley. You have a thing for her. You have since high school.

CHRIS: So?

DAN: So from where I stand, this is a lose/lose for you. If you don't bring Nathan back, you failed her. If you do, you lose her anyway. Once Nathan comes home, you're out of the picture.

CHRIS: So are you. Yeah. Haley told me all about it. Once Nathan comes back, you lose your family. So, from where I'm standing, it's worse for you, because I lose what I never had, but you had it... Your son, your grand kids, all of it. But here we are.

DAN: What about you, Baker? What's your role in all this?

JULIAN: Nathan's my friend.

DAN: Not really. I'd say he's more of an acquaintance. Nobody's gonna lay down their life for an acquaintance. This still about you leaving your kids in the car?

JULIAN: No. I need to believe that there's still justice, that even now in a world full of gray and spin and compromise, if you choose to do wrong and you prey on good people when you do, someone will stand up to you. Someone will take a stand and fight back. Nathan's a good man. He deserves a good life.

CHRIS: Oh! Geez! Yeah, I want one of those.

DAN: Keep practicing.

JULIAN: And then what?

DAN: We wait until dark. Then we fight back.

CLAY'S CAR

Quinn and Clay are still on the road.

QUINN: What are you thinking about?

CLAY: Nathan. You?

QUINN: Haley and Jamie.

CLAY: And Lydia. He's alive. That's what I was thinking. He's alive, and he'll be coming home soon. I'm sure of it. Anything else is just... It's too impossible to think about.

QUINN: Yeah.

CLAY: He's coming home.

OUTSIDE LOCAL

Dan, Chris and Julian are in a car waiting the right moment.

DAN: Okay. That moron goes inside to eat around this time every night, then another guard takes his place. That gives you about 30 seconds to cut the lock on the gate and get back to the car.

JULIAN: I got this.

CHRIS: Okay, that's good. If you got this, then I don't have to. What, you guys don't watch movies? The hero always dies in the movies.

DAN: 30 seconds... go.

Julian gets out to break the lock and comes back.

DAN: Lock the doors.

CHRIS: What?

DAN: Lock the doors!

JULIAN: Let me in.

DAN: Don't let him in.

JULIAN: Guys, come on, the door's locked. Keller, open the door!

DAN: Julian, you have a family. Go home.

(Dan and Chris drive away. Julian is hiding)

KAREN'S CAFE

Brooke cleans up the mess. She sees a cross marked in the bar.

KAREN'S CAFE/OUTSIDE LOCAL

Brooke calls Julian.

JULIAN(at phone): Baby, I can't talk right now.

BROOKE(at phone): I am not gonna let him intimidate me.

JULIAN(at phone): Who?

BROOKE(at phone): Xavier. I'm not afraid of him.

JULIAN(at phone): Why? What's going on?

BROOKE(at phone): Why are you whispering? Where are you?

JULIAN(at phone): I'm... In a movie. Where are you?

BROOKE(at phone): I-I'm at the cafe.

JULIAN(at phone): Is everything okay?

BROOKE(at phone): Yeah, everything's fine. Go back to your movie.

JULIAN(at phone): Are you sure everything's fine?

BROOKE(at phone): Yeah. Xavier wants to mess with me, he's gonna have a hell of a fight on his hands.

JULIAN(at phone): Absolutely not, Brooke. If something's going on, you need to call the police or lock up and go home or both.

BROOKE(at phone): I know.

JULIAN(at phone): Promise me. Baby, promise me you'll do that.

BROOKE(at phone): I'm just so tired of it. You know, injustice.

JULIAN(at phone): Trust me, I know, okay? I do. But I love you, and I need you safe. And our boys need you safe. Okay?

BROOKE(at phone): Yeah.

JULIAN(at phone): Okay, go home. I'll see you there.

BROOKE(at phone): Okay. I love you.

JULIAN(at phone): I love you, too.

CAR

Chris and Dan prepares before the w*r.

CHRIS: We're just... We're just gonna leave him?!

DAN: He'll be fine. Yeah, but how come he gets to go and i have to stay? Maybe we should switch jobs. He should go with you. I should run and hide.

DAN: He's got a family.

CHRIS: I might have a family. Dude, Chris Keller has all kinds of crazy sex. Maybe I should just get out just in case.

DAN: You can't.

CHRIS: Why not?

DAN: You called shotgun.

KAREN'S CAFE

Brooke memories.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley memories when Nathan supports her.

NATHAN: Haley, it's okay. Just... I'll call them. You go upstairs and relax. Let me clean this up.

HALEY: You know, I'm okay. I don't need any help. I just want to be alone.

NATHAN: It's gonna be okay. Haley...

HALEY: I want to be alone.

KAREN'S CAFE

The lights cut off.

CAR

Dan gives the last explanation before the fight.

DAN: I want you to listen to me, and I want you to do exactly what I tell you to do. In a minute, you're gonna hear a g*nsh*t. When you do, I want you to create a diversion on this side of the building.

CHRIS: Okay, diversion. I got it. What kind of diversion?

DAN: Anything that draws their attention.

CHRIS: Okay, but... If I get their attention, they're gonna chase me with g*ns and really sour looks on their faces. Chris Keller doesn't like that. DAN: Well, maybe you can sing them one of your songs and drive them away like you did most of your fan base.

CHRIS: Whoa! Okay, I know we're all keyed up here and there's a lot of tension, but there's no need to get personal.

DAN: A diversion.

CHRIS: A diversion... fine. I'm just saying, it stings a little. That's all.

DAN: If you can, leave the k*lling to me. I'm already on the list.

CHRIS: Chris Keller doesn't like this.

DAN: Let's go.

KAREN'S CAFE

Brooke goes back on the cafe to see electric wire. Xavier spies her.

OUTSIDE WAREHOUSE

CHRIS: Oh, that is so not okay.

DAN: All right, it's gonna take some time to get to the other side of the warehouse. Once you hear a g*nsh*t, you have one job.

CHRIS: Okay, create a distraction.

DAN: And take out that guy.

CHRIS: Wait, that's two jobs.

DAN: It's the same job.

CHRIS: Yeah, but that guy... Oh, take out the little guy? Yeah, Chris Keller can do that.

DAN: I know you're scared, but the fact you're here tells me there's a hero inside you somewhere.

CHRIS: Don't say "hero," man! Those guys die.

DAN: You'll be fine. Help me with the trunk.

KAREN'S CAFE

Brooke locks the cafe and leaves. Xavier follows her.

CEMETERY

Quinn and Clay arrive.

CLAY: You know, it's a little late. Maybe we should come back. The neighbors might be asleep, you know?

QUINN: I think you're good.

CLAY: Yeah, you're probably right. You sure you don't want to join me?

QUINN: No, that's okay. You two have a lot to talk about. But if you need me, I'm right here.

CLAY: Okay.

QUINN: I'm right here with the doors locked, but I'm... I'm right here.

CLAY: Honk if you need me.

QUINN: Okay.

OUTSIDE WAREHOUSE

Chris watch guys.

CHRIS: Wait, no, no, no, no, no, no... Not the big guy! What happened to the little Marty, the midget-sized guy? Come on! They send dragon out?! Chris Keller does not like this!

UNDERGROUND CAR PARK

Brooke walks to the elevator. She goes inside.

BROOKE: Come on. Come on, come on.

(The stairs up, Xavier is here)

BROOKE: I'm not afraid of you.

XAVIER: You should be.

BROOKE: Help!

XAVIER: Do that again, and I'll slit your throat before you finish.

BROOKE: What do you want from me?

XAVIER: What do I want? I want my freedom back.

BROOKE: You have that.

XAVIER: No!

BROOKE: Okay, okay, okay.

XAVIER: I want every day I spent in prison back.

BROOKE: Xavier, please...

XAVIER: Don't say my name! Don't say my name with that slutty whore's mouth. I've got other plans for that mouth. Until then, you just shut up and listen, 'cause I've got a few things I want to say to you.

BROOKE: Okay.

XAVIER: Yeah, you act all high and mighty, but you close your eyes at night and you pray for a real man. Well... Your prayers are answered, baby.

(Brooke succeeds to run away)

XAVIER: You're gonna pay for that!

WAREHOUSE

Dan comes in and sh*ts a guy.

MAN: What's going on with Kim Kardashian's ass?

DAN: Hey!

Chris panics.

CHRIS: Okay, create a distraction.

UNDERGROUND CAR PARK

Brooke is hiding under a car.

WAREHOUSE

Chris drive into the guy of the distraction.

MAN: Aah!

CHRIS: Chris Keller's work here is done!

Dmitri is upset.

DMITRI: The bell invites me, for it is a knell that summons thee to heaven or to hell!

Dan sh*t on every guy on his way.

DMITRI: Okay, okay.

(Dmitri goes back and sh*ts on Nathan but actually it's Wade. Dan has Nathan)

DAN: It's okay, son. I got you.

CEMETERY

Clay talks to the ex-wife.

CLAY: Hi, angel. Well...I know we haven't talked in a while. But...I was kind of busy getting sh*t by your evil twin. And then I started roaming the countryside. And I kind of got committed. I found him, Sara. Our son. I'm ashamed of myself... For ever losing him in the first place. Dr. Alvarez says that...I just blocked him from my memory after you d*ed because it was just too painful. But that doesn't make it okay... For me or for him. I'm sorry. I won't let you down with him, Sara. And I won't let him down, either. I promise. Quinn says hi. She's been more than anyone could expect throughout all of this. So... Of course... You were right about her. I don't know how it works up there, but Nate's been missing for a while. So... Maybe you could help us out and fix it. You know, because... I'm okay. I have good days and bad days, you know, but... Right now, Haley's the one who needs your help. So bring Nathan home. Make it a great day. Make it the greatest day. I miss you.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley watches a old Nathan's speech.

NATHAN(on TV): You know, my, uh, my father said that today would be the greatest day of my life. And you're right, dad. It is. But not because of basketball. You see, today...I learned that my wife, Haley, is pregnant. And, um... And while it's a great honor to be recruited to play at Duke, i guess what I have to say to you today is this. Where I play basketball, if i play basketball, is no longer a decision for me to make alone. It's a decision that I'll make with my wife's and, uh... And my family's best interests at heart. And when I do that, I'll let you know. Now, my wife couldn't be here tonight, so I just wanted to say one thing. Haley... No matter what happens, we'll face it together. But I promise you, I've never been more happy. And everything's gonna be okay. I love you.

WAREHOUSE

Dan watches if they can run away.

DAN: How you doing, son?

NATHAN: I'm okay.

DAN: You think you can walk out of here?

NATHAN: Yeah, I can do it.

DAN: And if we have to run?

NATHAN: I don't know.

DAN: Well, you were in that chair a long time, but I'm gonna get us out of here even if I have to carry you out. I carried that douche bag drug dealer in here. I'm gonna carry you out. Hold on.

NATHAN: Hey. Hey. There's a door through there. It's all wide-open space, but if we can make it across to that door, we're home free.

DAN: Then that's what we're gonna do. Let me take a look.

NATHAN: Okay.

UNDERGROUND CAR PARK

Xavier finds her.

XAVIER: Boo! Help! Somebody help me!

(Brooke runs away but Xavier catches up and they fall on the stairs)

WAREHOUSE

DAN: It's empty. It's empty, son.

NATHAN: They don't know that.

DAN: You ready?

NATHAN: Yeah.

DAN: Nathan. You're my son. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. I promise. Let's go.

NATHAN: Dad. It's good to see you.

UNDERGROUND CAR PARK

BROOKE: Why? Why?!

XAVIER: "Why?" There is no why. There's only what I want. No reason. No justice. No... Divine intervention. There's only you, me, and that wild, so-betrayed look in your eyes. That look... that's why. That same look... That friend of yours had right before I k*lled him...in the gas station. It's that moment that you know and accept... That this is it. This is really happening. And no one's gonna save you.

Tara comes in and teases Xavier.

TARA: Oh, my God. That guy is creepy. Are you okay?

BROOKE: No one's gonna save you!

WAREHOUSE

Dan and Nathan are ready to go home. They don't any noise. But Nathan do, he is weak.

DAN: Son.

NATHAN: Dad...

DAN: Come on, I got you. Wait here.

Dmitri comes in and sh*t on Nathan.

DMITRI: And curtain!

(Dan stands between the ball and Nathan)

DAN: No! I'm sorry, son.

NATHAN: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Dad... whoa, whoa.

DMITRI: No, no, no. So messy. You know, is probably lesson to be learned here about greed. Your father, dead. My friends, dead. Your people, my people. One difference... You will join them. I will not. The death I gave him. Thus bad begins... And worse remains behind.

Nathan takes the g*n and sh*ts him.

DMITRI: Like the father, the son.

The detective shows up and with a g*n.

DETECTIVE: Bravo! Bravo. You have the right to drop that. What the hell, dude? This was supposed to be easy. You grab some dork, k*ll him, get paid, maybe seduce his wife at some point. I mean, come on! Do I have to do everything myself?

(Julian comes in too and hits him)

JULIAN: Hey.

NATHAN: Dad?

CLAY'S CAR

Clay and Quinn go home.

CLAY: "Dad." I can hear him now... Logan. His first word was "dad." I want to hear that again.

QUINN: You will.

CLAY: Thanks for helping me. You always do.

QUINN: And I always will.

GRACE'S STREET

Tara gives Brooke a cafe.

BROOKE: Thank you for helping me.

TARA: Yeah, no big deal. I always wanted to tase someone anyway, so... I should've listened to you. Sorry.

BROOKE: Your coffee's horrible.

TARA: Well, it's better than that vomit you serve. I gotta sell the cafe. It makes me such a bitch. BROOKE: Yeah.

WAREHOUSE

NATHAN: Come on, dad, please don't die. Come on, dad, stay with me.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley waits a call.

HALEY: Please.

(Cellphone ringing)

HALEY: Hello?

End of the episode.