09x12 - Anyone Who Had a Heart

Episode transcripts for the TV show "One Tree Hill". Aired September 2003 - April 2012.*

Moderator: UsuallyAlly

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

This series follows the eventful lives of some high-school kids in Tree Hill, a small but not too quiet town in North Carolina, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens.

09x12 - Anyone Who Had a Heart

Post by bunniefuu »

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Julian trains for his speech in front of the network people.

JULIAN: I think the story needs to breathe... the small moments, the evolving relationships. I think it works even better if "an unkindness of ravens" is serialized. You know, make it a TV show instead of a movie.

BROOKE: Isn't that a lot like "the creek"?

JULIAN: Ah, to some degree, sure, but it'll have its own voice, find its own audience. Besides, all you people do is remake everything now, anyway. Okay, maybe I won't say that last part.

BROOKE: Good. What about vampires? We were hoping for more of them in the pilot. We like vampires. And werewolves. We like werewolves.

JULIAN: There's not gonna be any vampires or werewolves in this show. I might consider zombies.

BROOKE: Hmm, and Nathan's meeting in act 4, where does that take place?

JULIAN: They're not gonna ask me that.

BROOKE: But if they do, where does it happen?

JULIAN: A conference room.

BROOKE: Hmm. You might want to go with something a little sexier. Like a hot tub.

JULIAN: Wow. This has been a really great meeting.

BROOKE: Mm-hmm. Can you tell me more about the stunning, some might say brilliant, character of Brooke Davis?

MEETING

Julian tells his speech.

JULIAN: She's pivotal. Brooke's heart is so vulnerable, and that's why she's so central. That's why the audience will root for her. They'll identify with her... her mistakes, her victory, her heartache.

MAN: That's our feeling, as well.

WOMAN: And Nathan's meeting in act 4... where does that take place?

JULIAN: Uh, a conference room. Or I was thinking it might be cool if it was in a hot tub.

MAN: Nice.

BURNING BOAT FESTIVAL

Brooke comes with her mum to put some stuff in the boat.

BROOKE: I feel like such an idiot! I actually believed he wanted things to be different.

VICTORIA: Look, your father's very reliable in his unreliability.

BROOKE: I think we need to start putting air quotes around "father" from now on. What he did is unforgivable.

VICTORIA: He's misguided, but maybe you should hear him out. I mean, if nothing else, it's always amusing listening to him, you know, try to explain himself when he's twisting in the wind.

BROOKE: Mother, you are the one who warned me not to trust him in the first place.

VICTORIA: Yeah.

BROOKE: And, besides, that's what the burning boat festival is all about... getting rid of bad choices and bad luck and bad karma. Since I can't throw Ted in the boat, the golf clubs he bought for me are gonna have to do. Will you help me with these?

VICTORIA: I've always hated golf.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley trains for the speech for tonight.

HALEY: Welcome, everyone, to the 93rd annual burning boat festival. I want to thank the organizers for asking me to host this year. It's a great honor to follow in the footsteps of red legner, principal Turner, and coach Whitey Durham. And now I would like to say a few words before the boat... Before the boat... The boat... All right, well, it's just a rough draft. Yeah. You miss daddy and Jamie? I know. Me too. Well, they're having some guy time right now, so it's just us girls for right now, okay? Here. Give me five. Yeah!

RIVERCOURT

Mouth is running and guys plays basketball.

ANTWON: Wicked! Look at this! Mouth McFadden stepping on the court, ladies and gentlemen. He's a shadow of his former self, which in this case is a damn good thing.

MOUTH: Ah, good evening, ladies and gentlemen. And welcome to the new and improved Marvin McFadden. He's been running, he's been training... push-ups, sit-ups, more push-ups. He's slim. He's trim. He's... Completely exhausted.

SKILLS: But you look good, though.

FERGIE: Hard work pays off.

JUNK: Guess I'm the fattest guy in Tree Hill.

SKILLS: Those are abs! Whoo!

MOUTH: Ah!

CLINN'S HOUSE

Clay prepares Logan's new bedroom.

QUINN: Wow.

CLAY: Hey. What do you think?

QUINN: I think someone's nervous about Logan's first sleepover.

CLAY: I just want everything to be perfect.

QUINN: He's gonna love this. I mean, how could he not?

CLAY: Check it out... so, I've got a chest over there for his toys and his sports equipment. And this is his comic-reading corner. Complete with reading light and a stack of new comics.

QUINN: You did a great job, honey.

CLAY: You don't think I forgot anything?

QUINN: Hmm... Maybe one thing. My sisters always teased me because I put up my pictures in the hotel room when we'd go on family trips. But I never really felt at home without pictures of people around me that I loved.

CLAY: Are you sure?

QUINN: Of course.

CLAY: I love you. You know that?

QUINN: I was kind of hoping.

LOCAL/BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Julian calls Brooke.

JULIAN(at phone): Baby, they bought it. And even more than that, they understand what it can be... a show that's not afraid to be quiet or heartfelt. You know, a show that's romantic and sexy and makes you feel like you're not alone. And let me tell you something else. They loved the hot tub. Ooh-hoo.

WOMAN: Congratulations.

JULIAN: Thanks.

BROOKE(at phone): You did it. Your daddy did it. I am so proud of you.

JULIAN(at phone): Well, thanks, but maybe you should be proud of me once they agree to make the TV script I haven't finished writing yet.

BROOKE(at phone): They will. And you will. Now, when are you coming home?

JULIAN(at phone): I leave tonight.

BROOKE(at phone): I was hoping we could celebrate. Maybe in the bath tub?

JULIAN(at phone): I'll get an earlier flight. And, Brooke, thank you.

BROOKE(at phone): For what?

JULIAN(at phone): For all of it. For... Inspiring me, for being patient with me. For believing in me. I love you.

BROOKE(at phone): It's easy to believe in you, Julian Baker. Now come home. I'm proud of you, and I love you. We all do. Say, "good job, daddy."

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Julian is back. He tries to write the pilot.

JULIAN: No.

BROOKE: What's wrong?

JULIAN: I've got a draft. It's okay. I just don't know if it's working.

BROOKE: How come?

JULIAN: I just feel like something's missing. I wish I could have been there so I could really understand, you know? Good talk, Russ.

BROOKE: Okay. This will help you. It's my diary... volume 4, ages 15 to 18. I used to tell everyone I didn't keep a diary, but it's just 'cause I didn't want anyone to find it.

JULIAN: Whoa.

BROOKE: No. Just so you know, I have never been more vulnerable. So you're not allowed to tease me or stop loving me, depending on what you read in there.

JULIAN: Okay. Thank you.

BROOKE: Here you go.

JULIAN:What's that?

BROOKE: Just a boring entry about me and Peyton...

JULIAN: Don't do that.

BROOKE: ...going fishing.

JULIAN: Let me see.

BROOKE: No. It's irrelevant.

JULIAN: Give that back.

BROOKE: No, it's... it's boring.

JULIAN: Spit it out!

BROOKE: No!

JULIAN: Spit it out!

CLUB TRIC

Chase works, Haley takes a while.

CHASE: Hey, Haley.

HALEY: Hi.

CHASE: How's Nathan?

HALEY: Oh, thanks for asking. He's good. Well, he's better. Let's just say there's gonna be some bad stuff to throw on the burning boat this year.

CHASE: Oh, yeah, I was thinking about throwing in my discharge letter from the air force. That way my dreams of being a fighter pilot can go up in real and metaphoric smoke at the same time. I'm sorry, that sounded bad. It's not a cry for help.

HALEY: No, I'm really sorry that everything worked out the way it did. At least it was because you were doing the right thing, though. I'm really proud of you standing up for Chuck. And you can still be a commercial pilot, right?

CHASE: Sure, when I figure out how to pay for the rest of my classes. Which I'm not gonna be able to do as long as I'm a bartender.

HALEY: I thought you were a bar manager.

CHASE: Ah, let's be honest, Haley. I'm a bartender who locks up at night.

HALEY: Well, I know things are tough, but if it makes you feel any better, this place really wouldn't be the same without you.

CHASE: Yeah. Who else could have invented the brain blasr? Totally not a cry for help. Sorry.

RIVERCOURT

Mouth work on his laptop and Millicent joins him.

MILLICENT: Hi.

MOUTH: Hi.

MILLICENT: Working on your blog? I was.

MOUTH: Now I'm checking out my beautiful girlfriend.

MILLICENT: Aw. Marvin... Have you been happy on the show lately?

MOUTH: Of course. I get to work with my girl.

MILLICENT: Very good answer. But, honestly, your blog, the rivercourt, all these memories coming up about Jimmy... don't you think it means you miss sports?

MOUTH: I do miss it. And I miss Jimmy. But I would never drop the ball on our show.

MILLICENT: Sports analogy.

MOUTH: Even if I wanted to, how would I do it without ruining "mouth and Millie in the morning"?

MILLICENT: Because we'd find a replacement anchor for you.

MOUTH: "We"?

MILLICENT: I already talked to Jerry about you hosting a sports show.

MOUTH: You talked to Jerry about f*ring me?

MILLICENT: Don't be a dork! It's what you love to do. If you don't want to, then we'll work together every day, and I'll love it, but if you do, as much as I'll miss spending my days with you, I'll love spending my nights with you.

MOUTH: I love you, Millicent Huxtable.

MILLICENT: Are those abs?

MOUTH: Oh, that's right. That's a, uh... a two-pack right there.

MILLICENT: Wow.

MOUTH: I can't believe you talked to Jerry about f*ring me.

MILLICENT: Shut up.

CLINN'S HOUSE

Logan discovers his new bedroom.

CLAY: All right. What do you think, Logan?

LOGAN: I like it. It's really, really cool.

QUINN: Clay picked out all those planes himself.

CLAY: That's an f-35 stealth fighter.

LOGAN: Sure. I know.

CLAY: Yeah? Well, check this out.

QUINN: Hey, everything okay, pal?

LOGAN: I've never been this close to the ocean before.

CLAY: Well, you want to go down to the beach and see it?

LOGAN: Not really. Does it ever get any closer?

CLAY: Uh, well... The tide rises. But that's no reason to be scared of it. °You know that, right?

LOGAN: I guess.

CAFE

Julian reads Brooke's diary.

BROOKE(Voice-over): My parents don't see me, and when they do see me, it's only because they're angry about something. My dad golfs, and my mom shops, and I can't remember the last time we laughed together... Or just sat quietly together. I'd like to just sit with them, be a family, hear them say they love me. I see my friends, and they seem to have real families.

FLASHBACK, BROOKE'S HOUSE

Victoria and Ted argue, Brooke writes into her diary.

VICTORIA: You're never home with your daughter or your wife!

TED: How can you say that?! How can you say I'm never here?!

VICTORIA: Cause you never are! What kind of husband are you?!

TED: Well, what do you think I'm trying to do?! I'm trying to make a living for you! I'm trying to make a living for her!

VICTORIA: Please!

TED: Well, have you ever thought about how you treat me as a man? Huh?

VICTORIA: Oh! Have you ever thought about how you treat me as a woman?! Yeah, if you acted like more of a woman... if you were a man...

TED: You are so frigid, how can I actually act like a man?

BROOKE(voice-over): And maybe everything isn't as nice as I imagine, but...

VICTORIA: Frankly, because you make me sick!

TED: Oh, I make you sick! Why would I make you sick?!

VICTORIA: Because you are sickening! Stay out there! Stay out!

BROOKE(voice-over): I feel like they have more love around them than I do. And that's more disappointing than I have words for. There's this thing called the burning boat festival coming up. We do it every year, and this year I can tell my mom wants to throw in my dad and my dad wants to throw in my mom. And me? I'd be happy to Chuck the whole thing in.

HOTEL ROOM

Brooke comes to see her mother.

BROOKE: Mom?

VICTORIA: Oh! Brooke! Uh, uh... I wasn't expecting you.

BROOKE: I'm sorry. I just wanted to go over some new ideas.

VICTORIA: Oh. Oh, ideas, yeah. Well, there's no idea like some new ideas. What were you thinking?

BROOKE: Oh, were you napping? I can come back LA... oh, my God. That's not nap hair. That's "my mom was doing someone in the middle of the day" hair.

VICTORIA: Don't be so melodramatic. Do have sex from time to time.

BROOKE: I'm sorry. I-I'll come back.

TED: Where'd you go, you hot...

(Her father gets out the bath room)

BROOKE: Oh!

TED: Oh. Hi, cookie.

BROOKE: Oh, my God. Dad? Oh, my God! Oh, my... oh, my God! Oh, my God! Oh!

TED: Funny. That's what you were just saying.

BROOKE: Oh, my God!

VICTORIA: Oh, my God.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Brooke is still upset.

BROOKE: Oh, my God! I'm gonna s*ab out my eyes! How do you unsee something?!

JULIAN: What happened?

BROOKE: I just walked in on my parents... Having sex.

JULIAN: What? I thought your parents hated each other.

BROOKE: They do! Oh, my God. It was foreplay for hate sex. Oh, gross! This is a nightmare! You can't poke your mind's eye out.

JULIAN: Do they even realize they've ruined another company of yours?

BROOKE: Of course not. Let's recap. My dad screws me over, my mom screws me up, at which point, they start screwing each other, and now I give up.

JULIAN: I don't.

BROOKE: Well, where are you going?

JULIAN: Your mom asked me why I gave Ted a free pass. That's feeling like a pretty great question right about now.

BROOKE: Make sure you knock. Ugh!

CLUB TRIC

Chase deletes some pictures of his ex.

CHASE: Huh. Mnh-mnh Oh, come on! I-I'm not dating girls. I don't like them, I'm not interested in them, and definitely not twins.

GIRL: Whatever.

CHASE: Perfect.

GIRL2: You're scrawny.

TV SET

Kylie comes in to be casting.

KYLIE: Mouth. Hi.

MOUTH: Kylie. H-hey. Um, are you coming in for the co-anchor position?

KYLIE: Yes. Today is my big try-out audition thingy. Any advice?

MOUTH: Uh, don't get fat.

KYLIE: Bite your tongue.

MOUTH: I'm sorry. It was a personal problem. Hey, um, not to be rude, but I thought your visa expired.

KYLIE: Oh, well, you'll find I'm full of surprises. For instance, expanding my dating pool to homeland security.

JERRY: Kylie?

KYLIE: That's me. I'm off. Up the irons.

JERRY: Hi. I'm Jerry. I'm the station manager.

KYLIE: Oh, the handsome ones are always in charge.

BEACH

Clay helps Logan to get in the ocean.

CLAY: I got you covered, Logan. It's gonna be okay. Trust me.

LOGAN: This from the guy who wanders around. I don't want to.

CLAY: Oh, that's okay. We don't have to.

BURNING BOAT FESTIVAL

Haley makes test, Skills is here to put some stuff in the boat.

HALEY: Testing. Testing. Yeah. Antwon.

SKILLS: What up, Haley James Scott? What's good with you?

HALEY: Skills, what are you doing?

SKILLS: Oh, man, I got these old CDs. And since Jamie ain't want them and the goodwill won't take them, I figure, hey, burning boat.

HALEY: Yeah, but it's not a landfill. I mean, it's supposed to be for people with real problems.

SKILLS: I got real problems. Nobody will take these.

HALEY: Yeah, but it's not about bad music. It's about bad choices.

SKILLS: Oh, don't tell me about bad choices, cause I got a Lindsay Lohan album going on in here.

HALEY: All right, well, if not for any other reason than to just save the ozone the plastic fumes, I'll take them to my place... Again.

SKILLS: Oh, now we're talking.

HALEY: Wow. I'm actually impressed. It looks like you've kept every CD you ever bought. Skills!

SKILLS: Yeah, peace out.

HALEY: No, no. Don't worry about me. I'll just take them to the car myself.

SKILLS: Thanks, girl.

HALEY: It's all good.

HOTEL ROOM

Julian comes to explain with Ted.

TED: Julian. Would you like some coffee?

JULIAN: No, I wouldn't. I came here to tell you that how you've treated Brooke is unacceptable.

TED: I see.

JULIAN: As her husband and the father of her kids, I'm not gonna let anyone... not even her father... put her in a corner. And just because I referenced "dirty dancing" doesn't mean I'm not serious right now.

TED: Are you sure you don't want some coffee?

JULIAN: No coffee. I don't want coffee. What I want is for you to wake up and fix things with your daughter. She gave you your 3,000th chance to be a decent dad, and you blew it again.

TED: Anything else?

JULIAN: Yeah. One thing. What kind of guy tells his 15-year-old daughter who's about to go to a dance that her dress makes her look thick? If you want to know the answer, it rhymes with "thick." It's d*ck, Ted. You're a d*ck. You should be ashamed of yourself.

CLUB TRIC

Chase talks with twins.

CHASE: Some write novels. Some play in the NBA. Then there's the kind of person that works crappy hours while listening to people whine and then cleans up after them. Guess which one I am.

GIRL: The kind who talks too much?

CHASE: This place sucks.

GIRL2: This place is cool.

GIRL: Totally.

GIRL2: You... not so much.

GIRL: Yeah. Open your eyes, scrawny.

CLINN'S HOUSE

Logan is in his bedroom and he sees by the window. Clay and Quinn see him.

CLAY: Logan? What are you doing up, buddy?

LOGAN: The ocean's getting closer.

QUINN: I promise you the ocean won't swallow you up. Come here, bud.

CLAY: Well, you know you can always come get us if you can't sleep, right?

LOGAN: Yeah. ♪ I woke up this morning ♪

QUINN: Do you miss your grandparents' house?

LOGAN: I guess.

QUINN: Is that the only place you can sleep?

LOGAN: I like to sleep there. And, well, camping.

Clay, Quinn and Logan camp in the living room.

CLAY: All right. You good?

LOGAN: Good. Grandma and grandpa says that my mom watches over me while I'm asleep to make sure nothing bad happens to me.

CLAY: Yeah, well, they're right about that. Now me and Quinn are gonna watch over you, too.

LOGAN: Okay.

QUINN: It's kind of dark. Do you want a night-light?

LOGAN: I can just use my power ring.

CLAY: Nice. Keeping it real with the D.C.

QUINN: All right, sleep tight. We'll be right here.

NALEY'S HOUSE

Haley plays with Lydia.

HALEY: Where did the cat go?

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Victoria and Ted visit Brooke.

BROOKE: Well, if it isn't the parents of the year.

VICTORIA: I knew we'd get an insult. I just thought it would be wittier.

BROOKE: Are you kidding?! I'm lucky in put a sentence together. I have posttraumatic stress disorder from catching you two doing it.

VICTORIA: That's better.

TED: Brooke, I am very sorry how I handled things with Baker man.

BROOKE: You should be.

VICTORIA: But you don't know all the facts yet.

BROOKE: Oh, I do know the facts. If you remember, you had the housekeeper explain them to me when I was 11.

VICTORIA: Well, Esmeralda always had a very gentle way about her.

TED: Brooke, you might not like what we did, but we're your parents, and I think you should give us a chance to explain.

VICTORIA: Your father came to me right when you kicked him out of the house. And for once, he was genuinely remorseful. In fact, I could almost see a glimpse of the selfless and caring man I once knew. And it turned me on. Anyway, after we...

BROOKE: Oh, my God. It's worse than hate sex. It was pity sex.

VICTORIA: After we talked, we both decided that Ted should not sell the company.

BROOKE: What?

VICTORIA: Baker man. It's a good idea, and it's yours. So we bought out the investors.

BROOKE: One more time. What?

TED: I want to run the company with you and your mother... the three of us. But either way, it's your company.

BROOKE: Wh...why?

TED: 'Cause that's what our daughter wished for. If you want to discuss it further, your mother and I will be at the burning boat festival.

VICTORIA: We have a date.

TED: And Julian...I-I'm really happy that my daughter has you in her life.

JULIAN: Thank you.

BROOKE: Oh. Ew. What just happened?

JULIAN: I think you just got your company back.

BROOKE: Yeah. Who were those people?

JULIAN: Those were your parents. It's good to meet them.

BROOKE: Oh! Stop!

RIVERCOURT

Haley is sitting on a table and writes her speech. Brooke joins her.

BROOKE: I brought you a croissant from Karen's.

HALEY: Oh, you're the best. Thank you. That's perfect timing. I'm starving.

BROOKE: How's the speech coming?

HALEY: Um, not bad. It helps being out here. You know, this is the exact bench that I sat on with Lucas our junior year, watching the burning boat.

BROOKE: Really?

HALEY: Yeah. God, things were so different then. I was so different. I remember lying to Lucas that night about tutoring Nathan.

BROOKE: I always thought you were an underrated troublemaker.

HALEY: Uh, anything I learned, I learned from the master, by the way.

BROOKE: Thank you. Just passing down my wisdom. How's Nate?

HALEY: He is so good. He went camping with Jamie.

BROOKE: You're amazing. He was gone so long. I don't think I could let him out of my sight.

HALEY: I know, but he wasn't just gone from me. He was gone from Jamie. Especially after Dan's funeral, I just think he... I think Jamie needed him more than I do right now.

BROOKE: Yeah. I am jealous of that little boy for having such incredible parents.

HALEY: I take it things aren't going very well with your mom and dad.

BROOKE: Actually, they're going strangely well.

HALEY: Yeah?

BROOKE: I want to give them another chance. But every time I do, they make me feel like a fool.

HALEY: Well, you're not a fool. You're... listen, my mom used to say love means giving chances when there's no more chances left to give.

BROOKE: Hmm.

HALEY: I know that wears better as the title of a country-Western song than it does a piece of life wisdom, but I think she was right.

BROOKE: Thanks.

TV SET

Show is starting.

MAN: Two minutes!

KYLIE: I think I might be freaking out a bit. I am. I'm definitely freaking out a bit.

MILLICENT: You're gonna be fine, Kylie.

KYLIE: Do you reckon there's time to go to the Loo?

MILLICENT: Only if you go in your pants. That was a joke.

KYLIE: Oh.

WOMAN: We're on in 5, 4, 3...

MILLICENT: Just say "w*nk*r" or "crumpets"... you know, that funny stuff you say. Welcome to "Millie and Kylie in the morning." I'm your host, Millicent Huxtable, and this morning, I'm welcoming a new co-host. Hi, Kylie. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

KYLIE: w*nk*r.

BRULIAN'S HOUSE

Brooke read the script for the pilot.

BROOKE: It's good. It's really, really good. I didn't think you could get any sexier, Mr. Baker. But wow. My favorite part is the addition of the Julian character to Tree Hill high.

JULIAN: I thought maybe it was too much.

BROOKE: No. I wish you'd been there for real. My life would have been so much better. And I really like the way you're writing Brooke.

JULIAN: Well, I guess I haven't told you this, but I kind of like that character.

BROOKE: Do you think the audience will? She's kind of a hot mess.

JULIAN: Considering how she always gets up no matter how many times she's knocked down, it's a pretty safe bet.

BROOKE: Thanks.

JULIAN: Do you think Julian making the winning sh*t was too much?

BROOKE: No, I loved it.

JULIAN: I want to tell the story... your story. I want to do it justice.

BROOKE: You will. When does the network decide?

JULIAN: Any time now.

BROOKE: Well, the boys are asleep for another 45 minutes. So why don't I help distract you?

CLUB TRIC

Haley makes Chase a surprise.

HALEY: Check it out. Can you believe this? It's Tric's 10th anniversary.

CHASE: No way. That's so cool. This place deserves a 10-year-anniversary concert.

HALEY: Yes, it does. I thought you were down on the bar. What changed?

CHASE: I gave it some thought, and it's not so bad. Tric's always been there for me, you know? No matter what. Heck, I even had one of the best thanksgivings of my life here. Just me and this place and a Turkey-and-stuffing cocktail.

HALEY: Gross.

CHASE: I always come back here. It's my home. Plus, at the end of the day, this place... It's pretty cool.

HALEY: Yeah. You're right. This place is cool.

CHASE: Now, I can't take credit for it. I was visited by angels. Snotty, sarcastic, identical-twin angels. But still... No, really.

BEACH

It's turn for Quinn to helps Logan for his fear.

QUINN: You know, Logan, I was scared of the ocean, too.

LOGAN: You were?

QUINN: Yeah, the ocean represented, you know, things that I couldn't face, the unknown. But once I started to get into the water, some of those fears just disappeared.

LOGAN: I don't think that's it.

QUINN: What do you think it is?

LOGAN: Sharks, jellyfish, sea monsters.

QUINN: Oh. Well, what do you say you come in the water just this once, and we'll go get ice cream.

LOGAN: Okay!

QUINN: Oh. Nice! Aah! Come on! All right, buddy! Look at him! Look at him! Show him! Hi, dad! Ta-da! Come on!

CLAY: That's awesome!

TV SET

Mouth and Millicent talk with Jerry about Kylie.

JERRY: She's not that bad. Look, once she stopped swearing, she seemed to hold her own pretty well.

MILLICENT: Jerry, we all want her to work for all of our sakes, but she almost passed out on the air twice. And she took a phone call from her mom on the air.

MOUTH: Look, all we're saying is maybe you should be looking for a replacement anchor in case she doesn't work out.

MILLICENT: Maybe somebody who didn't flirt with you to get the job.

JERRY: Now, that is outrageras. All right, I'm offended.

(Kylie enters in the office)

KYLIE: Jer bear? Can I have a new makeup girl? Mine smells of carrots.

JERRY: I'll see what I can do.

KYLIE: Thanks, baby. Oh. I'll see you tonight? Mm-hmm. Okay. Bye.

MILLICENT: Bye.

MOUTH: You were saying, jer bear?

JERRY: All right, it is completely innocent. But I like the attention.

MILLICENT: Jerry, don't you want to be with someone who likes you for you?

JEERY: Have you seen me? Have you seen her? Look, people who like me for me look too much like me. Fine. You two want to find a replacement anchor, be my guest.

MILLICENT/MOUTH: Skills.

SOUND STAGE

Brooke visits Julian at work.

BROOKE: Hi, husband.

JULIAN: Hi, wife.

BROOKE: So, what did you want to show me?

JULIAN: Come here. I got the sets all figured out. This is Peyton's bedroom. This is the school hallway.

BROOKE: Okay.

JULIAN: And back here is Whitey's office. And this is where Brooke and Julian film their sex tape.

BROOKE: Oh.

JULIAN: The one and only sex tape she ever makes.

BROOKE: Yeah?

JULIAN: I'm ready to tell this story.

BROOKE: I hope they like the script.

JULIAN: They did. I just got the call from my agents. We start casting next week.

BROOKE: Ah! Ha!

BURNING BOAT FESTIVAL

Crew is going to sh**t the report.

MOUTH: It'll work. If it doesn't, I'll step in as co-anchor, but it'll work.

SKILLS: Oh, it's gonna work. Here I come, Tree Hill. This is the time, and this is the place, and I'm about to k*ll it like a nasty-ass honey badger.

WOMAN: And we're live in 5, 4...

MOUTH: He'll be great.

MILLICENT: Welcome to a special segment of "mouth and Millie in the morning." Well, "Millie in the morning." Just not in the morning. Anyway, here with me today is my new co-anchor, skills Taylor. How's it going, skills?

SKILLS: w*nk*r. No, I'm just playing. What's up, Tree Hill? It's mills and skills, and we here all night and all morning, and we about to burn this boat down like Detroit after the championship.

MILLICENT: But first, let's check in with our new traffic chick, Kylie.

KYLIE: It's bloody trafficky, Tree Hill.

MOUTH: Dude.

JERRY: I'm weak.

Chuck brings some stuff, he is with Chase.

CHUCK: Holy...

CHASE: Chuck!

CHUCK: Huh. Hey, chase.

CHASE: You got some stuff for the burning boat?

CHUCK: Yeah, I was thinking about burning some of the stuff my dad left.

CHASE: Just thinking about it?

CHUCK: Well, part of me wants to keep it, I guess. You think that's wrong?

CHASE: Not at all. You can always hang on to them. There's next year's burning boat, right?

CHUCK: Cool. Good idea. I brought some action figures and fireworks, just in case I change my mind. No way I'm letting a burning boat festival go to waste.

CHASE: Go for it. Here.

CHUCK: Oh, thanks.

Brooke puts her diary in the boat.

JULIAN: I'm sorry it was so hard for you, Brooke. You didn't deserve it.

BROOKE: Well, no one does, but it all worked out in the end. I have you, and we have the boys, and I wouldn't trade that for anything. Hmm. I'm reminded lately that I'm still the little girl in this diary. And part of me always will be but since I shared it with you, I think I like your version better

CLINN'S HOUSE

Logan is ready to go to bed.

QUINN: You know, you were brave for going into the ocean, Logan. I'm so proud of you.

CLAY: I'm proud of you, too, buddy.

BURNING BOAT FESTIVAL

Haley makes her speech.

HALEY: Good evening, and welcome, everyone. Well, we all have things that we regret, and we all have things for which we are remorseful. The burning boat festival is our city's time-honored tradition of letting go and giving yourself a second chance. I think we all need those from time to time, right? So I say we take all those failures and let-downs and burdens, and let's torch them! What do you think? All right!

Mouth thanks Millicent.

MOUTH: Thank you so much, Millie. You're so patient and loving. Gave me something I didn't even know I needed. I love you.

MILLICENT: I love you, too. I'm so happy you're happy.

Haley turns with Chase.

HALEY: Hey.

CHASE: Hey.

HALEY: How's it going, buddy?

CHASE: Fine. Yeah, in fact, I feel pretty good. Think things are gonna work out.

HALEY: Yeah, I think they are, too. What would you say if I told you that Tric could be all yours? I talked to Karen. And she's willing to sell you the bar.

CHASE: Wow. That... that sounds incredible. But can I pay for it in magic beans? I'm broke, Haley.

HALEY: Yeah. I've got an idea about that, too.

CLINN'S HOUSE

Clay sleeps near to Quinn.

CLAY: Thank you for everything you've done for me. Thank you for sleeping in a tent and for going in the ocean. Whatever happened to immensity?

QUINN: Immensity's not so scary when I have our family to help me face it.

CLAY: "Our family." I like the way that sounds. I love you so much, Quinn.

QUINN: And I love you.

CLAY: We should get married. Want to?

QUINN: What?

CLAY: I haven't gotten you a ring yet. I'm sorry, but I want to marry you. I love you. Clutch move, kid.

(Logan hears that and give his power ring)

CLAY: Marry me, Quinn James.

QUINN: Yes, of course I will.

RIVERCOURT

Brooke joins her parents who are sitting on the table for watching burning boat festival.

BROOKE: This is chance number 3,001. Please don't let me down.

TED: We won't. Now get over here.

VICTORIA: So glad you're here.

BROOKE(voice-over): I can't remember the last time we laughed together...Or just sat quietly together. I'd like to just sit with them, be a family...

End of the episode.