04x02 - White Out

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Once Upon A Time". Aired October 2011 - May 2018.*

Moderator: baileybelle

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A woman with a troubled past is drawn to a New England town where fairy tales are to be believed.

04x02 - White Out

Post by bunniefuu »

Previously on Once Upon A Time...

This is avoiding me.

I now, I just feel too guilty.

Be patient.

My feelings for you are real.

But Marian is my wife.

She's a monster.

Regina: Maybe you don't know me as well as you think.

Regina, we've been trying to find you. We need to talk about...

Give me two weeks. Misthaven is a short journey.

What do we even know about this... Misthaven?

You might know it better by what the inhabitants call it.

The enchanted forest.

We have to go after her.

[ Storybrooke ]

(At Mr Gold's Shop.)

Elsa: Don't worry, Anna. I will find you.

(In the street.)

Elsa: Until we're together, no one leaves this town.

(Elsa uses her powers and an ice wall grows at the border of Storybrooke.)

Elsa: Anna, I will find out what happened to you.

[ Enchanted Forest - Past ]

(Anna is walking to a farm. She knocks on the door. David opens.)

David: Can I help you?

Anna: I hope so. Are you David?

David: Yes. Yes, I am.

Anna: So, anyway, I got your name from an old friend of yours... From Arendelle.

David: Arendelle? You know Kristoff?

Anna: What makes you think it's Kristoff?

David: He's the only person from Arendelle I know.

Anna: Okay. He didn't tell me that. Hard to be on a secret mission when you don't have all the facts.

David: What's the mission?

Anna: I just told you it's secret. But he told me I could trust you... Just not with the mission.

David: Okay. What's your name?

Anna: Joan.

David: Your name's not Joan.

Anna: You're smart, too. That's good. See, I have to give a false name for your safety.

David: You're wanted?

(Look, I don't know if I can be more clear... Secret mission, your safety. Let me start over. I'm Joan. Can I sleep in your barn?)

David: Sure, Joan. Anything for Kristoff's fiancée. The ring. Congratulations.

Anna: Thanks.

David: Well, I guess I'll find out your name at the wedding. Uh, the barn's out back. You can stay the night. You should hurry and get inside. This is a bad time.

(Somebody is coming.)

Anna: Who's that?

David: That is someone you don't want to mess with. They call her Bo Peep.

[ Storybrooke ]

(At the Charming family's loft.)

Mary Margaret: Here you go, sweetheart. I'll see you in three hours for your midnight shrieking. Yes, I will. Ohh. Sweet dreams.

Henry: What do you suppose babies dream about?

David: Bullfighting.

Emma: Laser tag.

Mary Margaret: That's not true.

Henry: I think they're joking.

Mary Margaret: Right. I'll recognize funny again when he's 3 and I've had some sleep.

David: 3? I see the optimism returning.

Emma: Okay, chocolate, DVDs, ice cream. Red wine? That's one heck of a late-night snack, kid.

Henry: It's for my mom.

Emma: I don't drink and sheriff.

Henry: My other mom. I googled "how to get over a breakup." It didn't talk about your boyfriend's wife time-travelling back from the past, but close enough.

Emma: That's really sweet.

(A raven knocks on the window.)

David: What the...

Mary Margaret: It's a message. It's for Henry. It's from your mother.

Henry: She doesn't want to see me.

(A Granny's Diner. Henry is thinking. Emma enters.)

Emma: You know, that is not exactly what she said. I read the note. She said for right now, while she's dealing with things.

Henry: She doesn't want to see me.

Emma: She's in a lot of pain over Robin Hood well, forever. Things have been tough on her and you. She's trying to fix them so that you two can be together... Because she cares about you.

Henry: So why'd she tell me to stay away?

Emma: Because she thinks she's making things better.

Henry: She's not.

(The power is off.)

Emma: What the hell?

David: Emma, I-I'm getting calls from all over. It's a town-wide blackout.

Emma: Yeah, copy that. I'm looking at it.

David: I'll swing by to get you. We can check this out.

Emma: Hey, kid. You want to come along on this one? We can call it operation... Nightshade or, uh, blackthorn or...

Henry: That's okay.

(In David's car.)

Emma: He wouldn't even let me hug him. It k*lled me.

David: Sounds familiar.

Emma: 'Cause I do that. Great. I've passed it along.

David: Not just you. Henry has two moms who both put up walls. Sounds like he's taking after the both of you.

Emma: It's not like him to pass up on operation anything. I'm worried.

David: Well, kids have extreme reactions. They get over it fast. Just stay strong and roll with it. There's always people in this world who want you to give up. Don't make their jobs any easier. What the hell?

Emma: Well, there you go. Whatever happened to these power lines happened after the snow monster. Let's go find whoever did this.

(Emma and David get out off the car. Elsa is hiding in the wall.)

(Leroy, Granny and Happy knock on Mary Margaret's door. She opens.)

Mary Margaret: Why? Well, just come on in, I guess.

Leroy: Oh, look at the baby...

Mary Margaret: Thanks.

Leroy: Is what I'd say if I could look at the baby. But I can't. Why? 'Cause it's dark.

Happy: Know what else we can't look at? The Internet, TV, my clock.

Leroy: Happy's right. Power's out. So what are you gonna do about it, sister?

Mary Margaret: Me? I think you mean Regina, the mayor.

Granny: She doesn't want the job anymore. This is your curse. You are the mayor now.

Mary Margaret: I am?

Leroy: We helped you take your kingdom back... Remember? So you could rule. Well, this is your kingdom now. So rule it.

(At the wall.)

Hook: In case you were wondering, it goes the whole way 'round.

David: Hook, I didn't know you were joining us.

Hook: I get a distress call from a fair maiden, and I'm on the spot.

Emma: I was not distressed, and you're saying this wall goes around what... The whole town?

Hook: And that it does.

David: So, once again, we can't leave Storybrooke.

Hook: Doing more than keeping us inside, by the looks of that. Guess that's what caused the loss of power.

Emma: Look at you becoming a 21st-century man. Yeah. It looks to me like whoever was putting up the wall wasn't trying to take out the lights. They were just putting up the wall.

David: To keep us in... Why?

Hook: k*ll us all one by one. It's what I'd do.

(David leaves.)

Hook: Oh. I should have brought the champagne.

Emma: What?

Hook: To celebrate our second date. And because we've got the world's largest ice bucket.

Emma: Second date? Did I miss the first?

Hook: Aye. The snow monster's the first. Ice wall's the second. After all, if I only count the quiet dinners, we wouldn't even get one.

Emma: I think I see something by the wall. You wait here with your ice bucket while I check that out.

(Emma leaves and David comes back.)

David: I think it's time. You and I have a little talk about your intentions with my daughter.

Hook: That's a little old-fashioned, even by my standards, and I still pay with doubloons.

David: Oh, remember, I know your reputation. Emma is not some conquest.

Hook: I wouldn't risk my life for someone I see as loot. Whatever we become, it's up to her as much as me.

(On the wall.)

Emma: Hey. Who are you?

Elsa: My name is Elsa.

Emma: Okay, Elsa. It's okay. I'm Emma. You want to tell me what you're doing out here? You have something to do with this... Wall?

Elsa: I'm looking for someone... My sister. I can't find her. This was hers. I found it in the store filled with things. Where is she?

Emma: I have no idea, but if you want me to help you, you have to help me. What's her name?

Elsa: Anna.

(Ruth and David's farm.)

Ruth: "Do you want a glass of tea, Bo Peep?

Bo Peep: How about a cookie, Bo Peep?"

David: You're not here for tea.

Bo Peep: Well, the boy's got that right. Who's that?

Anna: My name is Joan.

Bo Peep: Adorable. You know me, Ruth. You know what I want. My payment.

David: Your extortion.

Bo Peep: Call it what you like, but you and your flock are safe as long as you pay me what's due.

David: It's... It's been a slow month.

Bo Peep: How about this... You just figure out how to pay me what you owe me by tomorrow at noon.

David: We... You've got to give us more time.

Bo Peep: I don't give anything. But perhaps if you hand over your steed, I'll allow another day.

David: No. No deal. That... That horse never leaves my side.

Bo Peep: Then tomorrow, when I come back, if there's no payment, you keep the horse, and I take your farm. And you can work off your debts as my slaves.

David: Mother, we don't need this. Let's go. We can leave this place and start over...

(Bo Peep uses her magic on David and Ruth.)

Bo Peep: You can't go anywhere. You're branded now. This stick is how I find my flock, and you're now one of my sheep. And if you don't like it, pay me what you owe me, or this farm and your lives are mine.

(David is working when Anna interrupts him.)

Anna: You're not seriously going to actually work the farm for that... That bully.

David: That bully is the most powerful w*rlord in the region.

Anna: So you're okay being her slaves?

David: Until we work it off. What choice do we have?

Anna: You could fight.

David: She has an army. I'm sorry, but why fight a battle you can't win?

Anna: Those are exactly the battles you should fight. If you know you could win, it's not a fight. If it's impossible, you have to fight to achieve it.

David: Spoken like a naive young girl.

Anna: Right. I am a young girl, and I'm missing my own wedding to go to a strange land and track down... Some secret-mission things. And you're a great, big grown man who doesn't even have to leave his own home to tackle some random bully.

David: I'm a Shepherd, Joan. Sure, if someone picks a fight with me in a tavern, I can hold my own. This is a w*rlord with a private army. What good are my fists against that?

Anna: Maybe try a sword.

David: I don't know what Arendelle is like, but here in the enchanted forest, most farmers don't do a lot of sword-fighting.

Anna: Well, if it's help with a sword you need, that I can do.

David: How? Kristoff show you? 'Cause using an ice pick to shave cubes for cool beverages is pretty different.

Anna: He didn't teach me. I learned from my soldiers. M-my family's sold... Some soldiers I met at a place one time, and I can teach you. What do you have to lose? You can always give up tomorrow.

[ Storybrooke ]

(Emma is speaking with Elsa. Hook and David come.)

Hook: Emma!

Emma: Stay back.

David: Hey, hey, hey, hey!

Emma: No, no, no. Stay back. It's okay. She's just trying to find...

(Elsa looses control of her powers. An ice-wall grows again.)

(Snow and ice fall. David, Hook, Emma and Elsa are separated by a wall.)

Hook: The device... Call her.

David: Emma, are you in there?

Hook: I'm getting her out.

David: What if we lift?

Hook: Don't! We're not giving up.

David: We won't, but this is not getting us anywhere.

Hook: Well, I'm open to suggestions.

David: Magic made this thing. I think we're gonna need magic to unmake it. And I'm not gonna stop fighting until we do.

(Anna is teaching fencing to David.)

Anna: You're doing great.

David: All right. All right.

Anna: You're getting there. Let's go again.

David: No. We're done. I'm sorry, but if I can't b*at you, how am I gonna b*at her army?

Anna: Wow. You really like to give up.

David: I know you think you know more, but I have my share of experience, too. I know about battles that can't be won. And right now, the best hope for me... And, more importantly, my mother... Is survival.

Anna: Wow. I was wrong. You really, really like to give up.

David: I like to survive.

Anna: It isn't living.

David: It's actually the definition of living.

Anna: Now who's naive? I went through this with my sister. Scary things happened, and she did what you're doing. She hid. But the way she hid was by running away. She thought that was the solution to her problem, but it wasn't. She needed a push, like you, to see that surviving isn't living.

David: And you gave her that push?

Anna: I almost d*ed doing it, but, yeah, I did. And if you become Bo Peep's sl*ve, you'll be doing the same thing.

David: I'll lose everything if we fight.

Anna: You'll lose more if you don't.

David: Let me be the judge of what loss I can take.

Anna: Stop being so stubborn. You don't know anything about loss. You're just afraid of it.

David: Oh, I don't, do I?

Anna: If you did, you wouldn't act this way.

David: Loss is exactly why I'm acting this way.

Anna: I think it's cowardice. I mean... Well, yeah, I mean that.

David: When I was 6 years old, one morning, I woke up hearing my father and mother go at it. They fought a lot... Usually over the same thing... His drinking. But this time, something was different, and I heard my father not yelling, but crying... And through the tears, he said to my mother words I would never forget... "I will b*at this." He said to her, "I have to be better for the boy. I have to be different. I have to stop." And he promised he would. Every few months, we needed supplies. It was a two-week journey... Usually one that was a two-week bender. But he said he was leaving this time, and he wouldn't touch a drop, and in two weeks, he would be back home, himself again... Her husband, my father. We'd be a family. My mother kept this secret from me, but I knew. And every morning for two weeks, I woke with a smile on my face knowing my father would be back. So... On the 14th day, I arose, and I heard a knock at the door, and I ran to open it, ready to hug my father... And I was greeted by the local constable. Yeah, my father fought his battle... And for 13 days, he won. But on the 14th, he spent his last night in a tavern... And they found his body in the wreckage of our cart at the bottom of a ravine. Some battles can't be won. Some forces are too strong.

Anna: You had a lousy father. I mean he was weak. I-I mean you are not. I-I mean you're strong.

David: You don't know that.

Anna: I hope it. Look... I just need a night here before I continue my journey, but I'll stay tomorrow and help, if that's what you want. Just meet me in the morning at the barn, and we can continue training. But if you don't... Then I'll just be on my way.

[ Storybrooke ]

(Inside the ice-wall.)

Emma: Wow. I got to give it to you, you put on quite a show. You want to tell me what this is about?

Elsa: No. Just that I'm very powerful, and you and your people... You need to be more careful. Keep your distance.

Emma: I think I can guarantee that, so if you want to, you know, hit "undo" on that, then... We'll get right on it.

Elsa: I... Not right away. Bring me what I want, and then I'll consider freeing you.

Emma: Your sister, right? I can't really look for her from in here.

David: Emma! Can you hear me?

Elsa: What is that?

Emma: Uh... It's a...

David: Emma, are you okay? Say something.

Emma: Allows me to talk to my father, who's on the other side of that wall, but if you want to melt that, we can all talk.

Elsa: Tell him to go get Anna.

Emma: Dad, can you hear me?

Hook: Emma. Say again.

Emma: I'm in here with this woman. She's looking for her sister, Anna. She thinks that Anna is in town because she found a necklace of hers in gold's shop. She wants us to try to find her before...

Elsa: Before I freeze this town and everyone in it.

(At the Storybrooke Power INC.)

Leroy: Is she fixing it?

Granny: I've got a fridge full of iffy clams. Just read the manual.

Happy: The manual's in Japanese.

Granny: Well, just do something.

Happy: Maybe Marco should be helping with the power. He's the handyman.

Leroy: Geppetto? You think? I mean, I'm not sure handcrafted Tuscan wood carvings are really gonna save the day.

Granny: Dr. Whale?

Leroy: He's a doctor, not electrician.

Mary Margaret: We don't need help!

Leroy: You think? I mean, I'm grumpy now. Imagine me in the morning without a coffee maker.

Happy: Or a computer or stop lights, TV, DVD, CD, DVR, DVD.

Mary Margaret: Stop saying letters! Look, I am not magic. I have had eight hours of sleep in the last week, I am breastfeeding, and I am exhausted! I don't need this. I may have cast a little curse, but I did not ask to maintain a metropolitan electrical grid. Oh, and get this... I'm starting to get why Regina was evil. It wasn't her! It was you! You have survived your entire lives without light bulbs! Buy a flashlight!

(Inside the ice wall.)

Emma: Aren't you cold? I'm freezing.

Elsa: It's never bothered me.

Emma: The other day, there was something here... We called it a snow monster. I assume that's something you made?

Elsa: I'll do whatever it takes to get my sister back.

Emma: I can tell you care about her a lot. I'm sorry about her necklace.

Elsa: Where is it?

Emma: It fell into the ice here. You can melt down to get it back. Keep going, and we could take this whole conversation somewhere warmer. You can't control it, can you? What you said to David on the walkie... It wasn't a thr*at. It was a warning, because you can't control what you're doing.

Elsa: What makes you think you know me?

Emma: Because I know me, and I have powers, too, and I am not great at controlling them. And it looks to me like you're the same way.

Elsa: You... You have magic?

Emma: Yeah.

Elsa: Anna helps. She... Helps me control it. So if I can find her, she can help me undo this. We can get rid of all this... The whole wall... When she's here.

Emma: Well, I'm afraid she's not.

Elsa: Maybe your magic could help get us out of here.

Emma: I've been trying... Even just trying to warm myself up. I can't really feel my hands or my feet. Okay. See? I-I don't have control o-over mine, either. Oh, God. I'm just tired.

Elsa: Oh, no.

Emma: If I could just... Lay down for a minute.

Elsa: Emma. Emma, talk to me. Tell me more. Uh, were you born with magic or cursed?

Emma: So, those are my two options? Um, I don't know. I... I was raised in a place without magic, and, um... I didn't know I had these powers until recently, and I didn't have any parents around to help me with them.

Elsa: Parents don't always help. I ended up queen of a large land, unprepared.

Emma: I hear you with "unprepared." I'm... Get this... A saviour. I'm still not sure what the hell that means.

Elsa: Sometimes, it all feels like too much, doesn't it? And even trying to just shut it out... That ends up hurting people, too. And part of it is I'm the only one I've ever heard of with powers like mine.

Emma: That has to be very lonely.

Elsa: I'm very sorry I trapped us here. I didn't mean it.

Emma: I know.

Elsa: Emma? Emma?

(David and Hook enter in Mr Gold's shop.)

Mr Gold: It appears our honeymoon is over.

David: Yeah, there's an emergency. Emma's trapped under ice by a woman with some kind of ice magic.

Mr Gold: And this involves me because?

Hook: You're the bloody dark one. Do something.

Mr Gold: Well, I could melt the ice and destroy it with a thought, but that would also destroy your girlfriend. Is that what you want?

David: No one's destroying anyone. Now, the woman who has Emma trapped is in there with her, and she's looking for her sister... name of Anna. She thinks she's in town because of something of hers she found in your shop... A necklace.

Belle: Is that it?

David: Wait. I know this. I know exactly who Anna is.

(David comes in the barn. He is looking for Joan.)

David: Joan? Joan, I'm sorry, but we can't win this. You have to go before Bo Peep returns. I-I brought some provisions. Get out of here. You can save yourself.

Bo Peep: No, she can't.

David: Where's Joan?

Bo Peep: I have her where she can't get out... And get herself in trouble. And even if she does, she's been branded. I can find her... Always and forever. So, now all that's left is for you and your mommy to pay me... Or hand over your farm.

[ Storybrooke ]

(Inside the ice wall.)

Elsa: Emma, don't sleep.

Emma: Right. Right. I'm here.

Elsa: Tell me more about your son.

Emma: Oh, you only want to know more because you know if I sleep, I'll die.

Elsa: Emma. Emma, stay with me.

(At the butcher's shop.)

Bo Peep: Sorry, lambkins. We're closed.

David: I need your help.

Bo Peep: You and me... We ain't friends. I'm not interested. Get out.

David: You don't have your helpers here with you anymore, peep.

Bo Peep: Right. I just have one. Say hello.

Hook: Don't do it.

David: Now, my daughter's in trouble, and I need to find the person that can help her... Someone you branded.

Bo Peep: I branded a lot of people.

David: Her name was Anna. She went by "Joan" back then.

Bo Peep: Do I look like I keep a record book? 'Cause I don't.

David: Then you know what I need. Hook, back room. She won't keep it far from her. You're looking for a Shepherd's crook.

Bo Peep: Hey. Hey! That's my personal property. Give it up!

David: Sorry.

Bo Peep: Ah, so, in this world, you're a hero?

David: In this world, I don't have to answer to you. Let's go find Anna. Hook? Hook?

Hook: It's that woman, Elsa. She said Emma's passed out. She's freezing to death.

(Bo Peep's place.)

Bo Peep: High noon. Right on time. I hope you got my money.

David: Sorry.

Bo Peep: You're not actually considering fighting. You know you can't win. Boys.

(David fights against the two men and wins. Bo Peep takes a sword.)

Bo Peep: Guess mama's got to get her hands dirty now.

(Bo Peep and David fight.)

Bo Peep: See? Told you you can't win.

David: Actually... Maybe I can. Where is Joan?

Bo Peep: I don't owe you any answers.

David: Then I'll find her myself. You're gonna help me whether you'd like to or not. Okay.

(David enters in a barn. Anna att*cks him.)

Anna: Oops. I thought you were them.

David: Got your necklace back.

Anna: You did it. You fought, and... You won.

David: Well, don't be so surprised. It was your idea. Yeah, I just didn't think we had the time.

(I mean, I hoped we did, and I had faith in you.)

David: Okay. You were right. It was an impossible battle... Which is why I had to fight it.

Anna: What changed your mind? It didn't get more impossible.

David: When she took you.

Anna: You barely know me.

David: I was starting to. And what you said about your sister, uh... I might be able to survive, but... I also have to be able to live with myself, and I... I can't do that if I'm trapped in a life I don't want. Now, I think it's time we get you on your way.

Anna: Thank you.

[ Storybrooke ]

(David and Hook come back to the ice wall.)

David: Elsa? Elsa? How's Emma?

Elsa: She's freezing... Turning blue.

Hook: No. Emma!

David: It's not gonna help. Elsa... Listen to me. I need you to find a way out.

Elsa: I need Anna.

David: Well, we don't have her right now, but we have a way to find her, and we will, but right now, you're gonna have to do this on your own.

Elsa: I can't control this.

David: I know how you feel. You're trapped. It's a battle you can't win, but it's exactly the kind of battle you have to fight, or you'll die.

Elsa: No, I won't. I'll survive. But Emma...

David: Survival isn't enough. You have to live.

Elsa: Where did you hear that?

David: You know where.

Elsa: Anna? You knew her?

David: Yeah, I did. She helped me once, a long time ago, become who I am. She saved my life and yours, and now I need you to save Emma's. I didn't know much about Anna, but... She wouldn't want you to live alone in an ice cave, which is where you'll be if you don't melt that ice. Now do it!

(Elsa uses her powers to free Emma and herself.)

Hook: It's working. I can see her. Emma!

(Elsa helps Emma to get out off the cave.)

David: Let's get her home, warmed up.

(Hook and Emma hug.)

Hook: Are you okay?

David: You did it. You saved her.

Elsa: Yes, I did. But I also endangered her. You owe me nothing.

David: I owe your sister everything, and what I said was true. She helped me, and now I'm gonna help you. This isn't over. We're gonna find Anna.

(At the Storybrooke Power INC.)

Mary Margaret: Still can't read Japanese, but I can do this.

(Mary Margaret tries to start the power and fails.)

Mary Margaret: It should start!

(Neal cries.)

Mary Margaret: I know, honey. I know you're hungry. I'm sorry. I will feed you in just a second. Hungry. It's hungry, too. Fuel. Fuel! That's right. It's feeding time. Oh! Aah! Yes!

(The power is on.)

Mary Margaret: Baby high five! Who wants some milk from mama mayor?

David: Emma...

Emma: Hmm.

David: You okay?

Hook: She's so cold.

(The lights turn on.)

David: Ah.

(Hook brings a radiator.)

Emma: Oh, that's good.

Henry: I'll go make some hot cocoa.

Emma: Wait.

Henry: I know. With cinnamon.

Emma: I'm sorry if I wasn't much help earlier, kid.

Henry: I'm just glad you're okay. I was already down to one mother, and I won't go lower than that.

Emma: Elsa... You okay?

Elsa: Not only have I lost my sister, I've lost her necklace, too. Now I have nothing of hers.

David: Then let's find her.

(David gives Elsa the shepherd's crook)

(At Ruth and David farm.)

Anna: I hope I'll see both of you at the wedding.

Ruth: Consider this an early present in case you get hungry on your journey.

Anna: I love sandwiches.

Ruth: You've changed him, you know?

Anna: David? Nah. He was always this way. He just didn't know it.

Ruth: Thank you.

Anna: I'm glad I helped. Can I ask you about the magic? Like, with Bo Peep's staff... Is that usual around here?

Ruth: Well, there's always a bit of magic around these parts.

Anna: Uh, my parents... They had a problem with magic. Really powerful stuff. Would there be someone who could help them with that kind of a thing?

Ruth: I'm no expert, but there is one man... A very powerful wizard who's well-versed in all magics.

Anna: Perhaps he can help me. What's his name?

Ruth: I don't like to say such a name out loud. He's... A bit dangerous. But I'll write it down for you.

Anna: Thank you.

(Davis comes with his horse.)

Anna: What's this?

David: He's yours... To help you on your way.

Anna: I thought he was something you could never give up.

David: Uh, he's a reminder... One I don't need or want anymore. He was my father's.

Anna: Look at you... All heroic now.

David: Eh, still just a Shepherd.

Anna: We'll see.

(Ruth gives Anna a note then she leaves.)

Anna: "Rumple... Rumplestiltskin."

(Rumplestiltskin is watching Anna through his crystal ball.)

Rumplestiltskin: Mm. Hmm!

[ Storybrooke ]

Elsa: I don't see anything.

David: It should work.

Hook: Is it broken?

Elsa: Or does it mean something happened to her?

Emma: Wait. What's that sound?

Elsa: Is that a heartbeat?

David: It is.

Emma: We might not know where your sister is... But we know the most important thing.

Elsa: She's alive.

(Mary Margaret enters.)

Mary Margaret: Who's alive? Oh. Who are you?

David: Uh, this is Elsa. We're gonna find her sister. That's what this family does. We find people. We always do, because we really... Really don't like to give up.

(Henry knocks on Regina's door.)

Henry: I know you're in there! You can give up on yourself, but I'm not gonna give up on you! And I'm not gonna go away just because you told me to! I belong here, and I'm gonna come back every day, because this is my house, too! And I miss my room!

(Regina opens the door.)

Regina: Henry.

Henry: Mom.

(They hug.)

(Near the ice wall.)

Emma: You did this. You might not totally control it, but this is amazing and... Unique, and you said you're the only one who has this power.

Elsa: That's probably a good thing for everyone.

Emma: And you. I mean, this is kind of... Cool. Pun intended.

Elsa: Well, regardless, there's no need for a barrier anymore. Let me take it down.

(Elsa uses her powers on the wall but nothing happen.)

Elsa: Why can't I bring it down? There's no reason this thing should be staying frozen. I'm the only one with this power. I should be able to undo it.

Emma: So, what's keeping this thing up?

(Leroy is buying an ice-cream.)

Leroy: Thanks. Power outage must be your worst nightmare. Lose a lot of merchandise?

The woman: No. I didn't lose anything. Just lucky, I guess.

(The woman uses her power to freeze a juice bucket and a part of the room.)