01x13 - What Happened to Fredrick?

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Once Upon A Time". Aired October 2011 - May 2018.*

Moderator: baileybelle

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A woman with a troubled past is drawn to a New England town where fairy tales are to be believed.

01x13 - What Happened to Fredrick?

Post by bunniefuu »

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Abigail’s carriage arrives at an area in the forest, where King George and several of his men are waiting.)

King George: Princess Abigail. Your beauty grows with each passing day. It is an honour to have you join my family.

Abigail: Thank you, Your Majesty.

(Frantic noise is heard in the background.)

Abigail: Is everything okay?

King George: Just the excitement at the royal wedding. We want to ensure the safety of our guests. So, if you’ll excuse me.

(He walks away from Abigail and approaches one of the knights.)

King George: Find him.

(Prince Charming is shown being chased by several knights on horseback. They attempt to sh**t him with arrows, but continuously miss. They come to a fallen tree, which Prince Charming’s horse manages to jump over. King George’s men end up losing sight of Prince Charming.)

Knight: Split up!

(Prince Charming watches the knights scatter from afar. When he turns around, two hooded figures kidnap him.)

–[Real World]–

(David and Kathryn are eating dinner at home.)

David: Chicken’s delicious.

Kathryn: David, there’s something we need to discuss.

David: Okay.

Kathryn: I applied to law school.

David: That’s amazing! Why didn’t you ever tell me?

Kathryn: I don’t know. Maybe cause I didn’t think I could actually do it, but I did. I got this today – I got in.

(She hands him a piece of paper.)

David: It… It’s in Boston.

Kathryn: I know things have been hard between us, but maybe a fresh start is what we need. Maybe we’ve been fighting too hard to recapture old memories, when we should’ve been making new ones instead.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(The hooded figures have Prince Charming hostage in the forest. His wrists are tied in front of him. One of the hooded figures walks towards him with a Kn*fe.)

Prince Charming: Who are you? What are you waiting for? Do you think I fear you?

(The hooded figure cuts Prince Charming’s binds. Confused, Abigail then appears in front of him.)

Prince Charming: Abigail? What are you doing here?

Abigail: I wanted to get my hands on you before your father ripped you to shreds.

Prince Charming: How did you know I was going-

Abigail: Because I have ears in the King’s court. And, despite everyone’s best efforts to shield me from it, I know the truth. You love Snow White and you have no intention of marrying me.

Prince Charming: I won’t marry someone I don’t love, or give that despot the satisfaction that I helped him. If that means suffering the consequences, so be it.

Abigail: You’re prepared to lay down your life. How charming. But I didn’t come here to see you die – I came here to help you escape.

Prince Charming: Why would you do anything to help me?

Abigail: Because I don’t want to marry you either.

–[Real World]–

(Mary Margaret gets out of her car and meets David on the main street.)

MMB: What did you tell her?

David: That I needed to take a walk. Clear my head. Think about it.

MMB: I’m guessing you didn’t tell her that the walk was with me.

David: No. No, of course not.

MMB: Why is that our default? Lying?

David: Because I don’t-

MMB: We’re not being honest. I know it’s hard, but we have to tell her the truth about everything – about us.

David: I don’t know if I can.

MMB: You have to. If we can’t be honest with other people, how can we be honest with each other?

David: Is it really the best plan?

MMB: What’s your plan? Moving to Boston?

David: No.

MMB: The only way no one gets hurt here, is if we don’t want to be together. Is that what you want?

David: No.

MMB: Well, then we have to stop hiding and do something. It’s better she hears it from you than from someone else. You have to make a choice.

David: I choose you.

MMB: Then, it’s time to tell Kathryn.

———–

(August’s motorcycle is parked out of Granny’s Diner. Emma arrives at the same time that August is leaving.)

August: I’ve been meaning to bump into you. Matter of fact, I was hoping we might grab that drink you promised.

Emma: Is that you asking me out?

August: Well, if putting a label on it makes you more comfortable, sure. Let’s call it a date.

Emma: I thought you came here to write – find inspiration.

August: I’m optimistic about our date.

Emma: See, I have a policy – I won’t go out with guys who won’t tell me their names. I find it weeds out the ones who like to keep secrets, like they’re already married or they store body parts in their freezer. It was nice talking to you.

(Emma walks past him to enter the diner.)

August: It’s August. August W. Booth.

Emma: Really? With the middle initial?

August: W’s for Wayne. So, there goes your reason for not meeting me here after work.

(Emma enters the diner alone. Mary Margaret is already there waiting.)

MMB: Who was that?

Emma: I don’t know yet.

MMB: Yet? So, you’re going to find out?

Emma: It’s nothing.

MMB: Nothing with you means something. Because if it were nothing, we wouldn’t be talking about it.

Emma: I’m sorry – I thought you called me here to talk about you?

MMB: Yeah, but talking about you is easier right now.

Emma: What is it? What’s going on?

(They lower their voices to a whisper.)

MMB: Remember when you told me to stay away from David and I agreed?

Emma: Yes.

MMB: I didn’t.

Emma: Yeah, I know.

MMB: You do? How?

Emma: Because I’m Sheriff, and you are a lovesick school teacher. Covering your tracks is not exactly your strong suit.

MMB: Well, I’ve been discre- Discrete.

Emma: Two teacups in the sink, new perfume, late nights, plunging necklines. It was not hard to connect the dots.

MMB: Plunging?

Emma: When I met you, you were a top button kind of girl.

MMB: Huh. Why didn’t you say anything?

Emma: I’m not your mother.

MMB: No. Well, according to Henry, I’m yours.

Emma: I just figured that you would let me know when it was time. I’m assuming it’s time.

MMB: He’s telling Kathryn.

Emma: Everything?

MMB: Everything.

———–

(Kathryn is on the computer, when she hears David return home.)

Kathryn: David? David, come take a look. I found a whole bunch of great apartment options. I have no idea which neighbourhood to look at, but… Have you ever been to Boston?

David: No. No, I’ve never been.

Kathryn: Maybe we should ask the Sheriff, Emma. She’s from there. She could probably help-

David: Kathryn. I can’t go to Boston with you.

Kathryn: Can’t? Or won’t?

David: I’m sorry. I am so, so sorry. I… I don’t know what to say.

Kathryn: Try the truth. David, is there something going on that I don’t know about?

David: No. No, something happened. I don’t know what it is, but there is something that’s preventing me from connecting. And it’s not fair to you to let that screw up your life. You’re right – you need a fresh start. It’s just not with me.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(By horseback, Abigail, Prince Charming, and Abigail’s men arrive at a clearing in the forest. They get off, and Abigail goes to retrieve a bag with provisions.)

Abigail: We have reached my father’s realm. We should be safe here. I have provisions waiting for you.

(She hands him the bag, but he throws it aside.)

Prince Charming: I can’t take any of it. Not until you tell me what’s really going on.

Abigail: I told you, I was just-

Prince Charming: Stop playing games. If you have no feelings for me, as you’ve said, why show me any kindness at all? What haven’t you told me?

Abigail: This isn’t about you, James – it’s me. I don’t want to marry you, because my heart also belongs to another. A man I was once to wed. A man named Frederick.

Prince Charming: What happened?

Abigail: We all have our own tragedies, lost love being the worst. I thought reuniting you with yours might grant me some consolation.

Prince Charming: Well, I’m afraid I’m not able to help you, then. My ‘love’ told me in no uncertain terms that she does not feel for me as I do for her. You can’t fight for something that doesn’t exist. So, there’s my tragedy.

Abigail: That’s no tragedy. Come – follow me.

(Abigail leads Prince Charming to a small shrine, which is built around a golden statue of a man.)

Abigail: A moment, please.

(The guards leave the two of them alone.)

Abigail: This is where my beloved Frederick sacrificed his life.

Prince Charming: I’m sorry. Did he die in battle?

Abigail: We were traveling with my father, King Midas, when our caravan was ambushed. Frederick bravely defended us and was cut down saving my father’s life.

Prince Charming: It’s a fitting tribute. The craftsmanship is… Is remarkable. I’ve never seen anything quite so lifelike.

(He touches the statue.)

Abigail: That’s because the hand you’re touching, is actually Frederick’s.

Prince Charming: Excuse me?

Abigail: It’s not a statue. Frederick saw the att*ck when no one else did, and threw himself in front of my father, knocking him to safety. Because of my father’s curse, he was instantly turned to gold.

Prince Charming: All curses can be broken. Have you tried true love’s kiss?

Abigail: Until my lips bled.

Prince Charming: The gold got in the way. There must be something else to do.

Abigail: There is legend of a lake – Lake Nostos. Its waters are said to have magical properties, that can return to you something that was once lost.

Prince Charming: And, yet, you haven’t tried it?

Abigail: Of course I have. But the lake is guarded by a ghastly creature that drowns its victims. No one who’s ever faced it has lived to return.

Prince Charming: Don’t give up hope just yet. I will face this guardian and return with the water that will undo this wretched curse.

Abigail: None have succeeded.

Prince Charming: None have my fearless bravery.

Abigail: Or fearless disregard for their own safety.

Prince Charming: Either way, one of us should have our happiness.

Abigail: And if you die, neither of us will.

Prince Charming: No, not true. Don’t you understand? If I succeed, you will be reunited with Frederick and your misery ends. If I fail, the misery that ends will be mine.

–[Real World]–

(August is shown with Henry’s book. He has taken it apart and is treating each of the pages. Around the room, he has several of the pages hanging on a clothes line to dry. On the table, part of the book has already been rebound. August takes a dried page off of the line and adds it to the stack. He starts to rebind it with string.)

———–

(Regina and Henry are sitting on the couch in Regina’s office. Henry has a box with a bow on his lap.)

Regina: Oh, go on. Open it.

Henry: What’s the occasion?

Regina: The occasion is I love you. Go on.

(Henry opens the box and pulls out a video game.)

Regina: Now, I know you miss your book, but with this, you can do the heroics. You can save the princesses, you can be the hero. Henry, you have to believe me. When I tore down the playground, I did it for your safety. Please, don’t be upset with me. I really didn’t mean to destroy your book.

Henry: It’s not just the book.

Regina: Okay, then what is it?

Henry: It’s Emma – I want to see her.

(Kathryn opens the door of Regina’s office.)

Kathryn: Regina, have you got a min- I’m sorry.

Regina: Oh, don’t worry about it. Henry, why don’t you get home and start your homework? I’ll be there in a bit and we can have dinner.

(Henry leaves. Kathryn starts to cry and Regina walks over to her.)

Regina: Oh, Kathryn, what is it?

Kathryn: It’s David. He’s leaving me.

Regina: That little home wrecker.

Kathryn: Excuse me?

Regina: She just couldn’t stay away, could she?

Kathryn: What are you talking about?

Regina: Why, Mary Margaret, of course.

Kathryn: What’s Mary Margaret got to do with this? What’s Mary Margaret got to do with any of this? Regina, do you know something?

Regina: They’ve been having an affair.

Kathryn: How do you know this? How? Did you see something?

Regina: I saw pictures. Sidney was always looking for scandal – it sells papers. He showed me. I buried them, of course.

Kathryn: Show me.

Regina: Kathryn-

Kathryn: Show me!

(They walk over to Regina’s desk, where Regina pulls out a folder. Kathryn opens it, and takes out several pictures showing David and Mary Margaret together.)

Kathryn: Why didn’t you tell me?

Regina: Because I thought you two were working it out. I wanted you to work it out. Believe me, I want you two together.

Kathryn: Why? Why do you care about any of this?

Regina: Because I’m your friend.

Kathryn: No, you’re not. A friend wouldn’t do this. A friend wouldn’t lie. Everyone’s lying to me.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Abigail and Prince Charming come to a small shrine. There are candles, helmets, swords, and other things placed around it.)

Prince Charming: What’s this?

Abigail: It’s a shrine to the guardian of the lake. Every man who faces it leaves an offering here first, asking for the creature’s mercy.

Prince Charming: I go the rest of the way alone.

Abigail: No, this is for me. You have to let me come with you.

Prince Charming: No. The only life I want in my hands, is my own.

Abigail: Good luck, then. And don’t forget…

(She looks at the shrine.)

Prince Charming: A lot of good it did them.

(He leaves without leaving anything at the shrine.)

–[Real World]–

(At the school, Mary Margaret is walking through the halls. David is at his house, looking through pictures, when he decides to call Mary Margaret.)

MMB: Hey. Did, uh… Did you do it?

David: Yeah. It’s bad.

MB: I’m sorry.

David: No, it was, um… It was really bad.

MMB: But you told the truth. So, now, we can pick up the pieces. We can start over from a real place.

David: Hey, I want to see you. Can I come by when you get done at school?

MMB: Of course! I’ll see you then. And, David – you did the right thing.

(They hang up. Kathryn enters the hallway and heads towards Mary Margaret. She bumps into the gym teacher in the process.)

Gym Teacher: Oh, hey! Watch where you’re going.

MMB: Kathryn. I’m… I’m sorry.

(Kathryn slaps Mary Margaret.)

Kathryn: Screw you, you’re sorry.

MMB: I understand you’re upset. You have every right to be.

Kathryn: Thank you for that insight.

MMB: Can we… Can we please talk somewhere private?

Kathryn: Private? Why do you get any consideration at all? You have shown none for me – either of you. All you did was lie.

MMB: We should have talked to you sooner, but we’ve been completely honest. We didn’t lie.

Kathryn: You didn’t lie? You snuck around. You had him break up my marriage with a pack of lies. With some crap about not being able to connect? He didn’t have any trouble connecting with you.

MMB: David didn’t tell you about us?

Kathryn: No, of course not. That would have been the honourable thing to do.

MMB: But, he said he would tell you.

Kathryn: Well, then he lied to you, too. Good luck making it work. You two deserve each other.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Prince Charming arrives at Lake Nostos. He takes off his cloak before approaching the edge of the lake. He dips a canteen into the water, causing a ripple to spread throughout the lake. He steps back.)

Prince Charming: Where are you? Make yourself known to me!

(Prince Charming draws his sword.)

Prince Charming: Beast! Show yourself.

(Bubbles appear in the middle of the lake, along with a glowing light. A siren then emerges from the water.)

Siren: Here I am.

–[Real World]–

(August pulls up to Granny’s Diner on his motorcycle. Emma comes out to meet him, while Granny watches off to the side.)

Emma: You going to come in? I thought you wanted that drink.

August: I do, but I didn’t say here. Hop on.

Emma: You want me to get on the back of that bike?

August: That’s what ‘hop on’ means.

Emma: How about if we go somewhere, I drive?

August: How about you stop having to control everything and take a leap of faith? You owe me a drink. Hop on. I know a good watering hole.

Granny: If you don’t, I will.

(August hands Emma a helmet and the two ride off.)

———–
(Emma and August reach a well at the edge of the forest. They get off the bike and walk over to it.)

Emma: A watering hole? Literally?

August: Well, say what you want about me – I always tell the truth.

Emma: I just thought a drink was, like, wine or whiskey.

August: What, do you want me to get you drunk?

Emma: No.

August: Next time.

Emma: You are optimistic.

(August brings over two cups. He hands one to Emma, then begins to pull up the well’s bucket.)

August: They say there’s something special about this well. There’s even a legend. They say that the water from the well is fed by an underground lake, and that lake has magical properties.

Emma: Magic? You sound like Henry.

August: Smart kid. So, this legend. It says that if you drink the water from the well, something lost will be returned to you.

Emma: You know an awful lot about this town for being a stranger.

August: And you know very little for being the Sheriff.

Emma: How do you know all this? You’ve been here before?

August: I know all of this for one very simple reason – I read the plaque.

Emma: You actually believe that?

August: I’m a writer. I have to have an open mind.

Emma: Yeah, but magic?

August: Water is a very powerful thing. Cultures as old as time have worshipped it. It flows throughout all lands, connecting the entire world. If anything had mystical properties – if anything had magic – well, I’d say it’d be water.

Emma: That’s asking a lot to believe on faith.

August: If you need evidence for everything, Emma, you’re going to find yourself stuck in one place for a long time.

Emma: Maybe. Or, maybe I’ll just find the truth before anyone else.

(He hands her one of the cups.)

August: Well, Miss Skeptic, there’s one thing I can tell you for sure that requires no leap of faith, and I know you’ll agree with me.

Emma: What’s that?

August: It’s good water.

(They toast.)

———–

(As Mary Margaret walks down the street, she crosses paths with several people who appear to be talking and whispering about her. Due to being distracted, she bumps into Granny.)

Granny: Oh, gosh!

MMB: I’m sorry, Granny. I must have not been looking.

Granny: I’m sorry, I didn’t… Oh. You.

MMB: Excuse me?

Granny: You should be ashamed of yourself.

(Granny quickly continues on down the street.)

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(At Lake Nostos, the siren walks across the water towards Prince Charming.)

Siren: What’s your name? Would you like to know mine? Because I can be anyone you want me to be.

Prince Charming: Stop – I know what you are. You’re a siren. Your deceitful words are a spell meant to lure me to my death.

Siren: I would never hurt such a brave, powerful man like yourself. Not when there are so many other things we could do.

Prince Charming: I said stop! I will not fall prey to your deceptions.

Siren: Really? You’re immune to me.

(She bends over and cups a handful of water. When she pours it over herself, she transforms into Snow White.)

Siren: Like me more now, Charming?

Prince Charming: No. You’re not really her. It’s an illusion. I know it’s not real.

Siren: Sometimes, illusions are better than truth. Everything you want that you can’t have, I can give it to you. All you have to do…is kiss me. I know you want to. I can feel it.

Prince Charming: No.

(They kiss. When they break apart, the siren begins to lead Prince Charming into the lake.)

Prince Charming: No. I don’t want an illusion. I want reality or nothing.

Siren: This doesn’t feel real?

(They kiss again.)

Prince Charming: Snow…

Siren: That’s right. It’s me.

(And again.)

Siren: I love you.

Prince Charming: No.

(…And again.)

Prince Charming: No. It’s not you.

Siren: Yes, it is. I love you.

Prince Charming: No. This is not real love. I’ve felt it, and this isn’t it. I know the difference.

Siren: Congratulations, Prince Charming – you’re the first.

(The siren pushes Prince Charming into the water and drags him under. She lets him go, then tries to coax him closer to her. He notices several skeletons and bodies of armor at the bottom of the lake. He attempts to swim away, but is grabbed at the ankle by a piece of seaweed. Trapped, the siren swims towards Prince Charming. He sees a Kn*fe on the ground. When the siren kisses him again, he stabs her. Now free, he swims to the surface of the lake.)

–[Real World]–

(David fruitlessly tries to scrub the word ‘tramp’ off of the side of Mary Margaret’s car, which has been written with red spray paint. Mary Margaret sees him when she gets to her car.)

MMB: Who did this?

David: I don’t know. I’m sorry. I don’t know how any of this happened.

MMB: You don’t know? Really?

David: Mary Margaret, I can’t control what other people do.

MMB: No, but you can control what you do. And you lied. And, now, everyone is calling me a tramp.

David: Who told her?

MMB: That is exactly the wrong question. The real question is, why didn’t you do what we discussed? Why didn’t you tell her?

David: I thought we could spare her feelings.

MMB: Right – you thought. Not we – you. And we discussed this.

David: I didn’t want anyone to get hurt.

MMB: Now everyone is hurt. We had an understanding. We had an agreement. But you not only lied to her, you lied to me.

David: Mary Margaret, please. Listen to me. If we want to see if… If this – if what we have – is love… We have to do what you said. You know, we have to pick up the pieces, and we’ve got to move on.

MMB: David, this isn’t love. What we have is something else entirely. What we have is destructive, and it has to stop.

David: What are you saying?

MMB: That we shouldn’t be together.

———–

(Emma is brushing the leaves off of her yellow beetle, when she notices a red metal box in the gutter. Realizing it’s the same box that Henry’s book was hidden in, she opens it. The book is inside, fully intact. August watches Emma from around the corner.)

———–

(Regina is watering the plants in her office when Kathryn enters.)

Kathryn: It’s beautiful. I had no idea you were so good with plants.

Regina: Well, better than with people, it would seem. What are you doing here? I thought after what happened yesterday, I’d be the last person you’d want to see.

Kathryn: So did I. And then I thought about it, and I realized I owed you an apology.

Regina: Kathryn, you don’t-

Kathryn: I know you’d never do anything to hurt me. I was just so angry, and confused, and I snapped. I’m sorry. I’ve just been fighting so hard to hold on to David, I’ve never stopped to ask myself why.

Regina: He’s your husband. You love each other. You always have.

Kathryn: No, we haven’t.

(Kathryn takes out a picture of Mary Margaret and David.)

Kathryn: See the way he looks at her? He’s never looked at me like that, not even before his accident.

Regina: Kathryn, relationships take work. You can’t give up so easily.

Kathryn: Have you ever been in love?

Regina: Yes. Once.

Kathryn: Then, you’re lucky. Because what I’m coming to understand is… Is that I haven’t. What they have is real. It’s true. My marriage to David, it… It just was like an illusion. I don’t know how it happened, but it was never real. I know that now. The way David looks at Mary Margaret – that’s what I want for me. And I’m going to go out there, and I’m going to find it.

Regina: What are you talking about?

Kathryn: I’m sticking to my plan. I’m moving to Boston. Alone. If I stay here, I’ll never be happy.

Regina: And what about David?

Kathryn: I wrote him a letter – him and Mary Margaret. I told them they should be together.

Regina: Uh, I’m sorry. You did what?

Kathryn: I can’t see him. Not now. It’s just too painful.

(Kathryn hugs Regina, causing Regina to awkwardly hug her back.)

Kathryn: I’m going to miss you, Regina. You’ve been a good friend to me.

Regina: You’re really going?

Kathryn: You know, it’s funny. I’ve always had this irrational fear of leaving Storybrooke, like something’s just holding me back. Is that crazy?

Regina: No. Change is always frightening. But you know what, Kathryn? This just may be what you need. Maybe you’ll find what you’re looking for.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Prince Charming returns to Frederick’s shrine, where Abigail is waiting.)

Prince Charming: Water from Lake Nostos, as requested.

(He hands her the canteen of water.)

Abigail: Remarkable. But how did you manage to slay the beast?

Prince Charming: Well, the fate of your true love was at stake, and it was a battle I couldn’t afford to lose.

(Abigail pours the water over Frederick’s statue. The golden statue transforms into a human, Frederick. The two of them hug, then kiss.)

Frederick: Abigail, what happened to me?

Abigail: You were trapped, but now you’re free. This is James. He’s the one who freed you.

(Frederick shakes Prince Charming’s hand.)

Frederick: I am forever indebted to you.

Prince Charming: Well, pay me back by walking down the aisle with someone you truly belong with. And, perhaps, giving me a horse and supplies for a journey as well?

Frederick: Done.

Abigail: Thank you. So much. Where will you go?

Prince Charming: To find Snow White.

Abigail: You are going after her.

Prince Charming: True love isn’t easy, but it must be fought for. Because once you find it, it can never be replaced.

Abigail: How will you know where to find her?

Prince Charming: Well, a bird helped me track her down once. Hopefully, it can again.

Abigail: Well, then, good luck. Oh, and, James – please, make haste. When King George discovers that the union of the kingdoms has been ruined, he will come after you. Some people will stop at nothing to destroy the happiness of others.

–[Real World]–

(Regina opens the front door to the Nolan’s house using her skull keys. Inside, she sees Kathryn’s letter to David on the counter. She takes it and leaves.)

———–

(Henry is playing his video game on a bench outside the school. Emma walks up to him with a bag and sits down next to him.)

Emma: Wow, I love that game. Space Paranoids, right?

Henry: Yeah, my mom got it for me.

Emma: I used to play that all the time when I was a kid. Relax – it’s all in the wrists.

Henry: My mom’s picking me up in, like, five minutes.

Emma: Alright. I’ll be quick, then. I just have something I’d like to give you.

(She takes the book out of her bag and gives it to him.)

Henry: You found it! Where’d you get it?

Emma: I found it in a gutter. It must have fallen off the dump truck on the way to the junkyard and got tossed around in the rain. And, somehow, made its way back to me.

Henry: Wow. That’s crazy.

Emma: What other explanation could there be?

Henry: I don’t know.

Emma: Well, whatever happened, it came back to me.

Henry: Maybe, it means our luck is changing. Operation Cobra is back on. It’s a sign. Things are going to be better.

Emma: I hope you’re right, kid. I got to go.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Prince Charming is riding through the woods on horseback until he reaches a clearing with a cabin.)

Prince Charming: Snow! Snow White! Snow! Are you there?

(Red Riding Hood emerges from the field next to the clearing.)

Red: She’s gone. She never came back after she went to find you.

Prince Charming: Then I’ll find her. I will always find her. And I will convince her that we belong together. I will always fight for her, no matter what comes between us.

Red: It won’t be much of a fight.

Prince Charming: What are you talking about?

Red: Snow wants to be with you more than anything.

Prince Charming: Don’t mock me. Snow told me that we can’t be together because she doesn’t love me.

Red: She left here to break up your wedding, because she’s in love with you. Unless, something changed her mind along the way…

Prince Charming: Not something – someone.

(The sound of horses is heard in the distance. King George and his men are seen charging towards them.)

Red: James? Who are they?

Prince Charming: That’s someone – King George.

King George: Bring me his head!

Prince Charming: Come on!

(Prince Charming gets back on his horse and extends his hand to Red. She grabs his hand and he pulls her up. The two of them take off as King George sh**t arrows in their direction.)

–[Real World]–

(Mary Margaret is lying on her bed when Emma enters.)

Emma: You feel like talking about it yet?

MMB: Nope.

Emma: You want to be alone?

MMB: Nope.

(Emma lies down next to Mary Margaret on the bed.)

———–

(Regina takes Kathryn’s letter out of a drawer in her office desk. A can of red spray paint is also seen in the drawer. She grabs a lighter from the table and heads to the fireplace. Sitting in her car, Kathryn takes a deep breath before driving off. Using the lighter, Regina sets the letter on fire. Kathryn drives along the road that leads out of Storybrooke. She sees the Storybrooke sign in the distance. Regina briefly watches the letter burn in her hand, then throws it into the fireplace. The gym teacher from the school, who is also driving along the road that leads out of Storybrooke, comes across Kathryn’s crashed car at the base of the Storybrooke sign. When he gets out to investigate, he finds the car empty and the airbag deployed. Regina stares at the fireplace as Kathryn’s letter burns.)

–[End]–