01x22 - A Land Without Magic

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Once Upon A Time". Aired October 2011 - May 2018.*

Moderator: baileybelle

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A woman with a troubled past is drawn to a New England town where fairy tales are to be believed.

01x22 - A Land Without Magic

Post by bunniefuu »

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Prince Charming is attempting to break the lock on his cell with a rock. Unsuccessful, he slides down to the floor.)

Prince Charming: I will find you, Snow. I will always find you.

(Two guards arrive.)

Guard: It’ll be hard to do that without your head. Get up. The Queen is looking forward to your execution.

(The two guards shackle him, hauling him out of his cell and into the hallway. As they’re walking, Prince Charming slumps to the ground.)

Guard: Get up! On your feet.

(Prince Charming gets up and att*cks the guards. After incapacitating them, he flees down the hallway. Farther down, he encounters another guard who is armed with a bow and arrow. Another guard arrives.)

Guard: sh**t him.

(The archer-guard takes aim but, instead of sh**ting Prince Charming, sh**t the other guard instead.)

Prince Charming: Who the hell are you?

(The guard removes his helmet, revealing that he is the Huntsman.)

Huntsman: A friend. I don’t know you. But I know Snow White.

Prince Charming: Is she okay?

(The Huntsman unlocks Prince Charming’s shackles.)

Huntsman: The Queen was traveling to meet her. Her fate is in a precarious place. You must hurry. Follow me. I can get you out. I’ll try and stall the Queen. The rest is up to you.

(The Huntsman hands him a bag and a sword.)

Huntsman: Your w*apon and some provisions. Good luck.

Prince Charming: You’re not coming with me?

Huntsman: I cannot. I gave up my heart so that the Queen would spare Snow’s. Don’t let my sacrifice be in vain. Find her.

–[Real World]–

(At the hospital, Henry is wheeled in on a gurney as Emma follows. Dr. Whale and several nurses attend to Henry.)

Emma: Henry, can you hear me? Come on, Henry. Wake up, please. Come on, Henry. Come on. You can do it.

Nurse: Ma’am, let me take you to-

Emma: No, I am not going anywhere!

Dr. Whale: There’s no pupil response. What happened? Did he fall? Hit his head?

Emma: He ate this. I think it’s poisoned.

(Emma holds up a baggie containing the turnover.)

Dr. Whale: His airway’s clear. Did he vomit? Any convulsion or disorientation?

Emma: He took a bite of this, and then he just collapsed. So, run the test for arsenic, or bleach, or Drano, or whatever could’ve done this to him!

Dr. whale: The boy is showing no symptoms that would suggest neurotoxins. So, whatever’s going on, this is not the culprit.

Emma: Well, what else could it be?

Dr. whale: I don’t know. That’s what I’m trying to find out.

Emma: He’s going to be okay, though, right?

Dr. Whale: Right now, we just need to stabilize him, cause he’s slipping away. Is there anything else that you can remember? Any little detail?

Emma: I already told you everything. Do something!

Dr. Whale: Look, I understand you’re frustrated, Miss Swan, I do. But I need something to treat. And, right now, there is no explanation. It’s like…

(Emma dumps out the contents of Henry’s backpack onto a table. She sees his book.)

Emma: Like magic.

(Emma picks up the book and her mind is filled with memories from the Fairy Tale World, particularly the time when she was sent to the Real World as a baby. When she comes to, Regina frantically rushes into the room.)

Regina: Where’s my son?

Emma: You did this.

(Emma grabs Regina and drags her to a storage room. There, Emma throws her against a storage rack. Emma continues the att*ck, while Regina struggles to defend herself. Emma ultimately ends up pinning Regina to the wall.)

Emma: You did this!

Regina: What the hell are you doing? Stop this! My son-

Emma: Is sick because of you! That apple turnover you gave me? He ate it!

Regina: What? It was meant for you!

Emma: It’s true, isn’t it?

Regina: What are you talking about?

Emma: It’s true, isn’t it? All of it.

Regina: Yes.

Emma: I was leaving town. Why couldn’t you just leave things alone?

Regina: Because as long as you’re alive, Henry will never be mine!

Emma: He’ll never be anyone’s unless you fix this. You wake him up!

Regina: I can’t!

Emma: Don’t you have magic?

Regina: That was the last of it. It was supposed to put you to sleep!

(Emma releases her grip on Regina.)

Emma: What’s it going to do to him?

Regina: I don’t know. Magic here is unpredictable.

Emma: So… So he could…

Regina: Yes.

Emma: So, what do we do?

Regina: We need help. There’s one other person in this town who knows about this… Knows about magic.

Emma: Mr. Gold.

Regina: Actually, he goes by Rumpelstiltskin.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(The Evil Queen is pacing in her chambers. The Huntsman arrives.)

Evil Queen: Where is he? The prisoner!

Huntsman: Escaped.

(She magically throws the Huntsman into the wall.)

Evil Queen: A palace full of guards, and you let him escape?

Huntsman: I did my best.

Evil Queen: You failed. And do you know what happens to people who fail me, Huntsman?

Huntsman: I’ll find him. You needn’t worry. Leave him to me.

Evil Queen: That won’t be necessary. He’s mine.

(The Evil Queen sees Prince Charming through her mirror. She waves her hand, and Prince Charming is warped through a portal.)

———–

(Prince Charming is transported to a clearing in the middle of a forest. Lost, he begins to run in a random direction. The camera pans and shows that the forest he’s stuck in is extremely vast. Prince Charming arrives at another clearing, where Rumpelstiltskin is waiting.)

Rumpelstiltskin: Lost, are we?

Prince Charming: What are you doing here?

Rumpelstiltskin: I’m just here to help.

Prince Charming: Well, no need. I’ll be fine.

Rumpelstiltskin: No, I don’t think so. This is the Infinite Forest. There’s no way out. Well, except… My way.

Prince Charming: I want nothing from you.

Rumpelstiltskin: Not even this?

(Rumpelstiltskin holds up a ring.)

Prince Charming: My mother’s ring. It was just… How did you get it?

Rumpelstiltskin: The same way I get everything I want – magic. The same magic that allows me to do… This.

(Rumpelstiltskin flips the ring and catches it in his hand. The jewel on the ring now glows.)

Rumpelstiltskin: This ring is now enchanted. The closer you get to Snow White, the brighter it will glow. Interested?

Prince Charming: Give it to me.

Rumpelstiltskin: Ah! It’s not something for nothing, dearie. Time to make a deal.

Prince Charming: No! No more deals!

(Prince Charming draws his sword and att*cks Rumpelstiltskin. However, Rumpelstiltskin simply catches the blade with his hand. Prince Charming draws back again, but finds that Rumpelstiltskin has disappeared.)

Rumpelstiltskin: Over here.

(Rumpelstiltskin appears behind him, now armed with a sword. Prince Charming lunges at him. The two duel briefly, until Rumpelstiltskin disappears and reappears again.)

Rumpelstiltskin: Persistent.

(The two continue to duel. Rumpelstiltskin eventually gains the upper hand and holds the sword against Prince Charming’s neck.)

Rumpelstiltskin: Had enough?

Prince Charming: Never.

(Prince Charming strikes back and ends up Cutting Rumpelstiltskin’s face, which he magically heals instantly. Rumpelstiltskin again gains the upper hand and gets Prince Charming disarmed on the ground.)

Rumpelstiltskin: Looking for this? So brave. So gallant. So pointless. Bravery won’t get you out this forest, dearie. Magic will. Trust me. This is a deal you want to make, because we both want the same thing.

Prince Charming: What’s that?

Rumpelstiltskin: Why, you and your true love to be together, of course.

–[Real World]–

(Mary Margaret is leaving Granny’s Diner and is headed to her car. David approaches her.)

David: Hey.

MMB: David.

David: I was wrong. About you, about me, about… Everything. I didn’t believe in you, and I wish I had a good reason why. But, it’s like I keep making these wrong decisions, and I don’t understand why they keep happening. You know, ever since I woke up from that coma, my life hasn’t made a lick of sense. Except for you… And what I’m feeling? It’s love, Mary Margaret.

MMB: David, why are you here?

David: Because Kathryn put a down payment on an apartment in Boston. She’s not going to use it, but I am. Unless, you give me a reason to stay.

MMB: David… I can’t.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(In the forest, Rumpelstiltskin holds up a vial of the bottled ‘true love’.)

Rumpelstiltskin: Behold. The most powerful magic of all… True love.

Rumpelstiltskin: Ah! Careful. This is all I have left of it.

Prince Charming: What do you know of true love?

Rumpelstiltskin: Well, not so much as you, perhaps, but not so little as you might think.

Prince Charming: You? You loved someone?

Rumpelstiltskin: It was a brief flicker of light amidst an ocean of darkness.

Prince Charming: What happened?

Rumpelstiltskin: She d*ed. That’s the thing about true love, dearie. It can slip through your fingers. It’s the most powerful magic in the world. The only magic powerful enough to break any curse. It must be protected at all costs.

Prince Charming: I don’t understand. What exactly is it you want me to do?

Rumpelstiltskin: I want you to help me protect it by putting it in a safe place for me.

(Rumpelstiltskin produces an egg shaped container, which he puts the vial in.)

Prince Charming: And where is that?

Rumpelstiltskin: Inside the belly of a beast, of course.

(Rumpelstiltskin shuts the egg container and tosses it to Prince Charming.)

Prince Charming: Why hide it?

Rumpelstiltskin: Let’s just say, I’m saving it for a rainy day.

–[Real World]–

(Emma and Regina enter Mr. Gold’s Pawn Shop.)

Mr. Gold: Do my eyes deceive me, or is that the look of a believer?

Emma: We need your help.

Mr. Gold: Indeed, you do. It seems quite the tragic ailment has befallen our young friend. I told you, magic comes with a price.

Regina: Henry shouldn’t have to pay it.

Mr. Gold: No, you should, but alas, we are where we are.

Emma: Can you help us?

Mr. Gold: Of course. True love, Miss Swan… The only magic powerful enough to transcend realms and break any curse. Luckily for you, I happen to have bottled some.

Regina: You did?

Mr. Gold: Oh, yes. From strands of your parents’ hair, I made the most powerful potion in all the realm. So powerful, that when I created the dark curse, I placed a single drop on the parchment. Just a little safety valve.

Emma: That’s why I’m the saviour. That’s why I can break the curse.

Mr. Gold: Now you’re getting it.

Emma: I don’t care about breaking the curse. All I care about is saving Henry.

Mr. Gold: Which is why it’s your lucky day. I didn’t use all the potion. I saved some… For a rainy day.

Emma: Well, it’s storming like a bitch. Where is it?

Mr. Gold: Where it is isn’t the problem. Getting it is what should worry you.

Regina: Enough riddles. What do we do?

Mr. Gold: You do nothing. It has to be Miss Swan.

Regina: He’s my son. It should be me.

Mr. Gold: All due respect, but it’s her son. And it has to be her. She’s the product of the magic. She must be the one to find it.

Emma: I can do it.

Regina: Don’t trust him.

Emma: What choice do we have?

Mr. Gold: That’s right, dearie. What choice do you have?

Emma: Where is this magic?

Mr. Gold: Tell me, Your Majesty, is our friend still in the basement?

Regina: Oh, you twisted little imp. You hid it with her?

Mr. Gold: Oh, no, no. Not with her. In her. I knew you couldn’t resist bringing her over.

Emma: Who is ‘her’?

Mr. Gold: Someone you should be prepared for. Where you’re going, you’re going to need this.

(He opens a long box on the counter, revealing a sword and a scabbard.)

Emma: What is that?

Mr. Gold: Your father’s sword.

———–

(At the hospital, Emma speaks to a comatose Henry. She is holding the book.)

Emma: Henry… You were right about the curse. I should have believed you. I’m sorry.

(She places the book under his pillow.)

Emma: For when you wake up.

(Emma kisses Henry on the forehead. Regina arrives as she goes to leave.)

Emma: Say what you got to say. You got ten minutes.

Regina: You know where to meet?

Emma: Yeah. Don’t be late.

(Emma leaves Regina and Henry alone.)

Regina: I’m sorry…

(Jefferson, who is lurking in the shadows, speaks up.)

Jefferson: Pity, isn’t it? There’s nothing harder than not knowing whether you’ll ever see your child again.

Regina: Jefferson, now is not a good time.

Jefferson: For you. Well, for me, it’s the perfect time. I’m here to collect. Where… Where is she… My daughter?

Regina: Emma was supposed to eat that apple, and she didn’t. As far as I’m concerned, that makes our deal null and void.

Jefferson: I did what you asked, and you’re going to screw me over again?

Regina: Look at it however you want, Jefferson. The fact is, I’m done with you.

Jefferson: But I’m… I’m not done with you.

Regina: What are you going to do? k*ll me? I know you want to, but I also know you can’t.

Jefferson: Do you?

Regina: Yes. You don’t have it in you. Now, if you excuse me, I have to save my son.

———–

(Emma knocks on the door of August’s room at the inn.)

Emma: August? Please open up. I know you’re in there. Open the door.

August: I can’t.

(Emma breaks down the door. Inside, she finds August laying in bed, almost completely turned to wood.)

Emma: No. What’s happening to you?

August: You can see it now. You believe.

Emma: Yeah. I-I do, but… H-how do I stop this?

August: Break the curse.

Emma: I’ll try – I promise. But I got to save Henry first, and I need your help.

August: No, you don’t.

Emma: Yeah, I do. This is all too much. I-I just… Talked to the Evil Queen and Rumpelstiltskin about a quest to find magic. I can’t do it, August. I can’t. No normal person can.

August: Luckily for us, you’re not normal. You can save Henry. You can save all of…

(The remainder of August’s body turns to wood.)

Emma: August?

———–

(Outside the library, Emma waits for Regina. She has her sword with her. Regina arrives, and the two of them enter the building.)

Emma: What is this place?

Regina: Would you like a tour, or shall we just get to it?

Emma: Lead the way.

(Regina walks up to one of the walls and places her hand on it. The wall raises, revealing an elevator. The elevator door opens.)

Emma: Whoa.

Regina: Get in.

Emma: After you.

Regina: It’s a two-man job. The elevator’s hand-operated. I have to stay up here and lower you down.

Emma: And I’m just supposed to trust you?

Regina: I don’t think you have much choice in the matter, Miss Swan.

Emma: This battle I’m supposed to fight… Who is it? What is down there?

Regina: An old friend.

Emma: Then why don’t you go talk to them?

Regina: Because her punishment here was different than everyone else’s. I trapped her… In a different form. She doesn’t want to hear from me. You have to trust me on that.

Emma: Okay. I will go down there. But let’s be clear about something… Your Majesty. The only reason you’re not dead is because I need your help to save Henry. He dies? So do you.

Regina: Well, then let’s get on with it. Now, this is what you’re going to have to do.

(Emma enters the elevator and is lowered down a shaft.)

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Maleficent sits on her throne in the middle of a large chamber. From behind the throne, Prince Charming ambushes her, holding his sword against her throat.)

Prince Charming: Where is it? Where is the beast that reigns over this castle?

(She magically throws him across the room.)

Maleficent: That would be me. But, beast is so harsh. I prefer Maleficent.

Prince Charming: I’m going to need a smaller egg.

Maleficent: Such a shame. So handsome.

(Maleficent waves her hand, extinguishing all of the candles lighting the room. In the darkness, she laughs.)

Prince Charming: Show yourself, witch.

(Behind Prince Charming, Maleficent has transformed into a fire breathing dragon.)

–[Real World]–

(The elevator carrying Emma arrives at the bottom of the shaft. She finds herself in a cavern. Emma starts to walk through, when she comes across Snow White’s broken glass coffin. The wall behind her turns out to not be a wall, but instead Maleficent in her dragon form. The dragon awakens.)

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Prince Charming hides from the dragon behind a pillar. While the dragon searches for him, he notices a glowing weak spot near its head.)

Prince Charming: Come on!

(He shouts, drawing attention to himself.)

–[Real World]–

(Meanwhile, in the cave, Emma is poised to fight the dragon. However, she decides against using the sword.)

Emma: To hell with this.

(Emma drops the sword on the ground and draws her g*n instead. She uselessly sh**t at the dragon, which only ends up provoking it.)

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Prince Charming continues to be chased by the dragon. He manages to scale a set of stairs, giving him the chance to jump onto the dragon’s neck below. The dragon struggles against him, but he manages to hold on. He positions himself and plunges the egg container into the glowing weak spot near the dragon’s head.)

–[Real World]–

(Emma runs from the dragon, which ends up falling into a large gorge in the cave. Emma looks over the edge, and the dragon is nowhere to be seen.)

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(With the egg securely inside the dragon, Prince Charming escapes the castle by jumping through one of the windows. He lands in the water below.)

–[Real World]–

(The the cave, the dragon flies up out of the gorge.)

———–
(At the hospital, Mary Margaret reads an excerpt from the book by Henry’s bedside.)

MMB (Reading): And, yes, she was beyond hope. Beyond saving. This was her end. When Prince Charming saw his beloved Snow White in her glass coffin, he knew all that was left was to say goodbye. He had to give her one last kiss. And when he did, true love proved more powerful than any curse. A pulse of pure love shuddered out and engulfed the land, waking up Snow White and bringing light to the darkness.

MMB: Henry… When I gave you this book, it was because I knew… I know life doesn’t always have a happy end. But I thought…

(The machines monitoring Henry start to go off.)

MMB: What is it? Dr. Whale?

(Dr. Whale and several nurses enter the room.)

MMB: Dr. Whale, what is that? What… What… what’s wrong?

Dr. Whale: Nurse, get her out of here now!

MMB: What is it? What is it?

Dr. Whale: His heart rate’s falling. Come on, Henry.

(Dr. Whale and the nurses try to resuscitate Henry. Elsewhere in the hospital, Jefferson, disguised as a nurse, enters the psychiatric ward in the basement. He hands the nurse at the desk a tea.)

Jefferson: Your tea.

Nurse: Thank you. What’s the commotion upstairs?

Jefferson: There’s a sick boy. He took a bad turn.

Nurse: How tragic. Is there any hope for a…

(The nurses passes out.)

Jefferson: Recovery? Doubtful.

(Jefferson takes the keys and walks down a corridor with several doors on each side, where he walks past a patient who is mopping the floor. He also passes a door labeled ‘S. Glass’. Jefferson turns to one of the doors and unlocks it. It turns out to be Belle’s room.)

Jefferson: Come with me.

Belle: Who are you? Why are you doing this?

Jefferson: My name is Jefferson, and I need your help to do something that I can’t. There’s a man. His name is Mr. Gold. Find him. All you have to do is tell him where you’ve been, and that Regina locked you up.

Belle: Wait a minute, what?

Jefferson: It’s very important. Mr. Gold’s going to protect you, but you have to tell him Regina locked you up. He’s going to know what to do. You understand?

Belle: Yes, I-I have to find Mr. Gold.

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Prince Charming swims to shore, where Rumpelstiltskin is waiting with a fire.)

Rumpelstiltskin: Impressive, dearie. Very impressive, indeed. Come warm yourself.

Prince Charming: I have done what you’ve asked. Return my ring to me.

Rumpelstiltskin: Of course – you’re in a bit of a rush. How rude of me.

(He takes out the ring.)

Rumpelstiltskin: With this… Prince Charming… You will find her.

(Rumpelstiltskin hands Prince Charming the ring.)

Prince Charming: Thank you.

Rumpelstiltskin: Something’s missing.

(Rumpelstiltskin magically transforms Prince Charming’s outfit into something more ‘princely’.)

Rumpelstiltskin: Now, you’re ready for your big moment.

Prince Charming: Why do you want us together? What do you get out of it?

Rumpelstiltskin: I’m a fan of true love, dearie. And, more importantly, what it creates.

–[Real World]–

(Emma stares stunned at the dragon.)

Emma: Really?

(The dragon att*cks and Emma, again, attempts to sh**t it. Dropping her g*n, she spies the sword on the ground near her. She rushes over to pick it up.)

Emma: Hey!

(When the dragon turns to her, she throws the sword towards the dragon’s belly. The dragon disintegrates into pieces ash, with the egg container resting neatly on top of the pile. Emma picks it up.)

–[Fairy Tale World]–

(Prince Charming rides on a horse along a long stretch of land towards a forest, with the ring glowing the closer he gets. In the forest, he meets several dwarves gathered around a glass coffin.)

Doc: You’re too late.

(Camera pans to Snow White lying inside the coffin.)

Prince Charming: No. No! At least let me say goodbye.

(The dwarves remove the lid of the coffin. Prince Charming kisses Snow White, which causes the spell she was under to be broken. A pulse of magic spreads throughout the land. She wakes up and gasps.)

Snow White: You found me.

Prince Charming: Did you ever doubt I would?

(The two of them go for a walk along the shore.)

Snow White: How did you do it?

Prince Charming: With this. It’s my mother’s ring. It… Led me back to you. And now… I never want it off your finger.

(He gets down on one knee to propose.)

Prince Charming: Will you marry me?

(He places the ring on her finger.)

Snow White: What do you think?

(They kiss. Snow White breaks away.)

Prince Charming: What is it?

Snow White: There’s the little matter of your father and my stepmother.

Prince Charming: Ah. That. I’m open to suggestions.

Snow White: Here’s one – let’s take back the kingdom.

Prince Charming: How?

Snow White: Like we shall do everything… Together.

–[Real World]–

(On the main street, David is packing up his truck. He looks at the clock tower one last time, then drives off. Meanwhile, Emma is heading up the shaft in the elevator, when it suddenly comes to a halt. She yells.)

Emma: Regina! What the hell was that? Regina!

(Emma looks up, and sees Mr. Gold leaning over the edge of the shaft.)

Mr. Gold: Miss Swan? You got it?

Emma: Mr. Gold. What are you doing here?

Mr. Gold: I’ve come to check on you. I’m glad I did. Regina abandoned you and sabotaged the elevator.

Emma: What? I’m coming up.

Mr. Gold: Now, there’s… There’s no time for this. You can’t possibly scale the wall and carry that.

Emma: Yeah? Well, I can try.

(Emma climbs on top of the elevator with the egg.)

Mr. Gold: No, you can’t. Just toss it up. Your boy’s going to be fine. I promise. We’re running out of time. Toss it up.

Emma: You hold on to it. I’ll be right up.

(Emma tosses the egg up to Mr. Gold. Once he has it, he leaves.)

Emma: Mr. Gold? Gold!

(Emma scales the shaft and arrives back at the library. There, she finds Regina gagged and tied to a chair.)

Emma: Regina.

(Emma rips the tape off of her mouth and begins to untie her.)

Regina: He tricked you! How could you give him that?

Emma: Where is he?

Regina: Gone. Gold. He manipulated all of this.

Emma: Come on. He can’t be that far.

(Both Emma and Regina’s cell phones ring at the same time.)

Emma: It’s the hospital.

———–

(Regina and Emma arrive at the hospital and rush to Henry’s room. The arrive in time to see Dr. Whale and Mother Superior leaving the room.)

Dr. Whale: We did everything we could.

Mother Superior: I’m sorry. You’re too late.

(Emma enters the room, where the nurse is unhooking the machines from Henry.)

———–

(In the back room of his shop, Mr. Gold unlocks the egg container. He takes out the vial of ‘true love’ and pockets it. He hears the bell ring at the front of his shop and quickly hides the egg. The person turns out to be Belle.)

Belle: Um, excuse me? Are you Mr. Gold?

Mr. Gold: Yes, I am. But I’m afraid the shop’s closed…

Belle: I was, uh… I was told to… To find you and… Tell you that Regina locked me up. Does… Does that mean anything to you?

Mr. Gold: You’re real. You’re alive. She did this to you?

Belle: I was told you’d protect me.

(He hugs her.)

Mr. Gold: Oh, yes. Yes, I’ll protect you.

Belle: Um, I’m sorry. Do… Do I know you?

Mr. Gold: No. But you will.

———–

(Emma, Regina, Dr. Whale, and Mother Superior are gathered in Henry’s room at the hospital.

Regina: No… No…

Emma: I love you, Henry.

(Emma kisses Henry on the forehead, which causes the spell he was under to be broken. A pulse of magic spreads throughout Storybrooke. He wakes up and gasps.)

Henry: I love you, too. You saved me.

Regina: You did it.

(The pulse of magic awakens everyone in the town. Soon, a crowd begins to gather in Henry’s room.)

Emma: Henry… What’s going on?

Regina: No…

Henry: The curse. I think you broke it.

Mother Superior: That was true love’s kiss.

Regina: No, no…

Mother Superior: If I were you, Your Majesty, I’d find a place to hide.

Regina: Henry… No matter what you think, no matter what anyone tells you, I do love you.

(Regina flees the room.)

———–

(David, after turning back from the edge of Storybrooke, sees Mary Margaret in the street.)

David: Snow!

MMB: Charming.

(The two run towards each other.)

MMB: You found me.

David: Did you ever doubt I would?

(They kiss.)

———–

(A dejected Regina sits in Henry’s room at their house. She grabs one of his pillows off the bed and cries into it.)

———–

(Belle and Mr. Gold are walking through the woods. Belle suddenly stops.)

Belle: Wait.

Mr. Gold: No, no, we’re very close.

Belle: Rumpelstiltskin, wait. I-I remember. I… I love you.

(They hug.)

Mr. Gold: Yes. Yes. And I love you, too. But, hey… There’ll be time for that. There’ll be time for everything. But first… There’s something I must do.

(They reach a well at the edge of the forest – the well that’s connected to Lake Nostos.)

Belle: What is this?

Mr. Gold: This is a very special place, Belle. The waters that run below are said to have the power to return that which one has lost.

(Mr. Gold approaches the well and drops in the potion vial. A thick purple smoke starts to emerge from the well and begins to spread.)

———–

(Emma and Henry, along with the others, are still at the hospital.)

Emma: Henry… What’s going on here? If the curse is broken, why didn’t they go back?

Henry: I… I don’t know.

(A nurse suddenly drops the tray she was holding after she looks out the window. Emma goes to check what the problem is.)

Emma: Are you okay?

(Emma also becomes entranced with something outside.)

———–

(Still in Henry’s room at home, Regina moves to the window. She sees the purple smoke from the well spreading over the town.)

———–

(Both Emma and Henry are watching the purple smoke take over Storybrooke.)

Emma: What is that?

Henry: Something bad.

———–

(Mr. Gold and Belle continue to watch the purple smoke pour out of the well.)

Belle: I-I don’t understand.

Mr. Gold: We’re in a land without magic, Belle. And I’m bringing it. Magic… Is coming.

Belle: Why?

Mr. Gold: Why? Because magic… Is power.

(The purple smoke continues to engulf Storybrooke. Regina, still observing from the window, smiles. The smoke wraps around the clock tower, as the clock strikes 8:15.)

–[End]–