01x06 - Sense and sensitivity

Complete collection of the "Angel" TV show episode transcripts from season 1 - 5. Aired: October 1999 to May 2004*
Watch or Buy on Amazon Merchandise

The vampire Angel, cursed with a soul, moves to Los Angeles and aids people with supernatural-related problems while questing for his own redemption.

01x06 - Sense and sensitivity

Post by bunniefuu »

Previously on Angel:

(Form Lonely Hearts) Angel meets Kate in the Bar.

Angel: "I'm Angel."

Kate: "I'm Kate."

Angel: "Are you maybe in need of some rescuing?"

Angel burst into the Shirley's apartment and sees the dead body on the bed.

Kate: "You're telling me you're an investigator?"

Angel: "Look, I know what this looks like."

Kate whips out her g*n and badge: "So do I."

Kate slaps handcuffs on Angel: "I've been tracking you since last night."

Angel throws her off and jumps out the window while Kate sh**t at him.

Angel: "We're on the same side."

Angel pulls Kate out of the way of the barrel that the bartender is trying to brain her with: "Move!"

Angel: "You just have to trust me."

Kate: "I didn't thank you - for saving my life."

Kate looks around and Angel disappeared on her.

Downtown LA at night. A guy dressed in a black leather jacket and carrying a duffel bag is being chased by a girl. He makes it to a parked car and as he opens the driver's side door he gets kicked in the back from behind, slams against the open door and falls on the ground.

Kate standing over him: "Gosh, Spivey, sorry. - I guess I just have trouble expressing myself verbally. I've been struggling with that. (Guy tries to get up and she kicks him again) You stood me up. You were going to come to the station and answer a few questions for me remember?"

Spivey: "I forgot?"

Kate grabs him and slams him down on the trunk of the car: "Not something a girl likes to hear. I think we'll just skip the informal invitation and do the more formal thing. (Cuffs him) You have the right to remain silent - but I wouldn't recommend it."

Cut to an interrogation room.

Kate: "Look at the pictures."

Spivey: "I looked at the pictures."

Kate: "What's in the pictures."

Spivey: "Me and Little Tony Papazian. I don't know where he is. Look how long are we going to do this?"

Kate: "So you haven't seen him since the day this picture was taken? (Spivey sniffs and looks away) They day County Supervisor Caffrey - was found m*rder*d?"

Spivey: "I heard it was a su1c1de."

Kate: "Supervisor Caffrey sh*t himself.."

Spivey: "It happens."

Kate: "In the back of his head? He wrapped himself in plastic and he locked himself into the back of his car?"

Spivey: "He'd been depressed."

Kate: "Where is Little Tony?"

Spivey: "Burbank, Stockholm, the Planet Mongol - I have no idea where he is! I'm losing patience with this crap."

Kate: "I'm not. I'm just getting started. I had a big breakfast. I could do this all day."

Camera pans through a one-way glass where a bunch of guys are watching the interrogation.

Harlan: "Doesn't she ever have to pee?'

Spivey gets up: "Fine, you want to play all day? Play with yourself! You charge me or get me gone, because I'm telling you - nothing."

Kate: "Look at the pictures."

Spivey: "Bite me."

Kate grabs him by the throat and slams him up against the wall: "Where is he?"

The guys from the other room come charging in and pull Kate off him. Spivey holds his throat coughing while Kate walks out of the room.

Cut to Kate putting her hands on a banister Detective Harlan leans against it beside her.

Kate: "Sorry."

Detective: "Yeah, well, we should have gotten you out of there hours ago."

Kate: "He's not gonna talk."

Harlan: "Then Little Tony is good as gone. We can't find him, and I don't know anyone who can."

Cut to Angel defending himself against some snake-like appendages with mouths at their ends that keep attacking him from above with a piece of pipe. Doyle and Cordy come running up.

Angel: "It's about time."

Doyle pulls a sword out of the bag he's carrying and tosses it to Angel: "Not a lot of enchanted sword smiths open on Sunday."

Angel slices off one of the tentacles reaching for him then slices into the belly of the thing visible through a hole in the ceiling above him. Some clear green liquid splatters down.

Angel: "Make sure you cut up all the limbs and both of its heads this time. Remember to bury the parts separately. (Tosses the sword back to Doyle as starts to walk off) I don't want this thing coming back to life again."

Cordy: "That's it?"

Angel: "I'm gonna go clean out the nest. I'll see you back at the office."

Cordy watches him disappear around a corner: "OK, am I wrong in thinking that a "Please" and "Thank you" is generally considered good form when requesting a dismemberment?"

Doyle: "I think he appreciates us - in his own - unappreciative way."

Cordy gets a Kn*fe out of the bag: "You want to know what I think? I think he *uses* his tortured creature of the night status as a license to be rude and insensitive! (A tentacle wraps itself around Doyle's neck choking him Cordy never notices as she begins to slice up the monster) Sure, he is polite to the helpless and the downtrodden, but he ignores the people that are the closest to him. The people that matter the most, you know? (Doyle is still being choked) Can you say clueless?"

Intro

Cut to Angel's office the next day.

Cordy and Doyle come in tired and covered with green gunk.

Cordy to Doyle: "Do you think that tentacle spew comes out with dry cleaning?"

Angel looking down at some papers he is carrying: "Ah, good, you're back. Cordelia, you need to.."

Cordy: "No! (Angel looks at her) I don't care what horrible thing is about to happen. (Sits down and starts flipping through a magazine) Asteroids are hurtling towards earth. *Unspeakable* evil is rising the San Fernando Valley. Jar-Jar is getting his *own* talk show. Whatever - I don't want to hear about it. Not until you ask us how it went."

Angel: "Call your mother back. She phoned saying she'd like to speak with you. - And what are you talking about?"

Cordy: "You do remember leaving us in the sewer with a giant calamari?"

Angel: "Yeah, and you're both here. So I assume it went okay, right?"

Cordy: "Yeah, it went okay. Of course it went okay, okay? That's not the point."

Angel: "So there is a point."

Cordy: "*Being* that it is possible to brood *and* show a little interest in the feeling of others."

Angel shakes his head and looks questioningly over at Doyle.

Doyle: "Well, she thinks that you're insensitive, and not to bring up the irony, but consider the source."

Angel: "So I'm a little reserved, that doesn't mean I don't care."

Cordy: "It's like you don't have a pulse."

Angel: "I don't."

Cordy: "Well, spend a little time listening to how the living interact."

Kate bursts into the office.

Angel: "Kate."

Kate: "Angel. - Got a minute?"

Angel: "Sure. (They head towards his office) Coffee?"

Kate: "I'm fine."

Cordy watches the door close behind them: "Mr. and Mrs. Spock need to mind meld now.

Cut to Angel looking at some photographs.

Kate: "His name is Tony Papazian - street name Little Tony - he's a bad guy. We already got an inditement against him for the m*rder of a County Supervisor, just one problem - we don't know where to send the supoena."

Angel: "You can't find him."

Kate: "He's still in the city, we're pretty sure. But all my sources are dry."

Angel: "Want me to look into it?"

Kate: "I'll pay you for whatever you can get."

Angel: "I already owe you favors you don't need to.."

Kate: "This isn't a favor. It's a job. That's how we do it. (Hands him a piece of paper) This number is my direct line."

Angel takes it: "All right."

Kate: "Time is a factor. Tony is looking to skip town."

Angel: "Got it.”

Kate: "Find him, you call me. Nothing above nor beyond. You can not be involved in this."

Angel: "You don't want to get a reputation for going outside the department."

Kate: "I don't want to get a reputation for getting you k*lled."

Cut to later. Cordy is looking through files, Doyle is searching on the computer.

Angel: "Anything?"

Doyle: "Plenty on Papazian - known acquaintances, hangouts - but you've got to figure the cops've already been over all of this."

Angel: "Yeah, but we haven't."

Doyle looks up at Angel then motions to Cordy with his head and raises his eyebrows at Angel.

Angel awkwardly: "Cordelia, I wanted to, - you know, - thank you so much for - going through those coroner reports. Because I can imagine how not fun it is to read about, - you know- coroner stuff."

Cordy without looking up: "Lame."

Angel looks over at Doyle who just shakes his head.

Angel: "What've you got?"

Cordy: "The Weebies. This guy clearly has anger management issues. You've got victims and victim parts washing up all over the southern California coast."

Angel picks up a file: "Long Beach, San Pedro, Carlsbad. (To Doyle) Pull up the tidal flow charts for the last 10 months. Match them to the dates of these murders.'

Doyle: "Tides? What, you think this guy has some primary dumping ground? Maybe all these victims originate from the same spot?"

Angel: "Somewhere Little Tony feels safe."

Cut to the police station. White haired guy in uniform walks in.

Kate: "Dad."

Lockley: "Katie."

Kate: "I saw you. Where you planning on saying hi?"

Lockley: "I figured you're working. (Kate nods) I'm not here very long anyway (pulls out a manila folder) just dropping off some pension forms up in records. If you think you got a lot of red tape on the job, wait ‘til you retire."

Kate: "Harlan says their throwing you a send-off at the Blue Bar."

Lockley: "Just some guys trying to give me a hard time. Not a big deal."

Kate: "Well, he said I should say something, you know - just a few words to mark the occasion, - seeing as you’re my father."

Lockley: "That'll be fine. Don't got to any trouble."

Kate: "It's no trouble really."

Officer to Kate: "Detective, you got a call on 329."

Kate to her father: "Thanks. - I guess I better.."

Lockley walks away: "Yeah."

Kate looks after him for a moment then goes to pick up the phone.

Kate: "Lockley."

Angel sitting in a car talking on a cell phone: "8843 Hyperion Way right off Pier 39. San Pedro."

Kate: "You found him, you're sure?"

Angel looks through some binoculars: "Max Salvage Depot. Northwest side. He's got some muscle on hand."

Kate: "I'm on my way, just get out of there."

Angel hangs up the phone. Picks up the binoculars again as he hears something. A yacht is coming in to pick up Little Tony.

Angel: "Damn it."

Tony: "And don't forget to water my plants."

Muscle: "Sure thing."

Tony: "Talk to them. They like that."

Angel steps up next to Benny wearing a loud Hawaiian shirt and a white hat.

Angle bouncing up and down on his feet: "Hi. - This is exciting, isn't it? I just love boat trips."

Tony: "Who's the mook?"

Angel reaches his hand out across Benny: "Herb Saunders, Baltimore."

Benny to Tony: "It's Herb Saunders."

Angel: "Cripes, the freeways you people have in this town. I've been driving around in circles all day. But the brochure did say the boat's leaving every two hours."

Benny: "I think you're still lost."

Angel points at the incoming yacht: "That's not the boat to Catalina?"

Benny: "No."

Angel: "Are you sure? I could have sworn the ticket said Pier 39. (Pats his pockets) It's here somewhere. I just had it."

Benny: "Come on, get out of here."

Tony: "Benny, I don't like that guy."

Angel drops Benny with a hard left: "It's the hat, isn't it? I knew the hat was too much."

The other muscle att*cks Angel and he drops him with a few punches. Tony runs, but is stopped by a bunch of police cars with their sirens blaring.

Kate steps out of a car and aims her g*n at Tony: "Hi, Tony."

Cut to later. Tony is sitting cuffed in the back of a police car.

Kate to Angel: "Which part of 'Just get out of there' gave you the trouble?"

Angel: "I had to do something. I mean, he was getting away."

Kate: "So you decided to dress like a road flare (Angel takes off his hat and runs a hand through his hair) and put my ass and yours on the line. (Angle doesn't know what to say) Look, just go. I'll figure out something to say to my Lieutenant."

Tony and Angel stare at each other as the police car drives off.

Cut to the police station.

Tony: "I want my phone call."

Kate: "You've got to cancel your suit in Yerevan? You think you can still get your deposit back?"

Tony: "You've – you’ve been running after me for a long time, haven't you sweetheart? If I'd know how bad you wanted me, I might have let you catch me a little sooner."

Kate: "If I'd know how badly you needed the exercise, I might have let you run a little longer."

Cut to a dark office. Phone rings.

Receptionist: "Wolfram&Hart"

Little Tony: "Give me Lee Mercer."

Mercer pacing the office: "Yes Mr. Papazian, we are all ready well aware of the situation."

Tony: "Are you aware that I got a certain thorn in my side?"

Mercer: "Oh, yes, we understand the factors very clearly. And I think I can say with some confidence that ( A fax is printing) this thorn is about to be removed. (picks up the fax, it has a picture and information about Kate on it) Permanently."

Cut to the police station. a stenographer is recording the conversation between Tony, his layer, Kate and her Lieutenant.

Mercer: "And here is your copy of the court documents requesting the transfer of our client out of this precinct."

Lieutenant: "What for?"

Mercer: "For his own safety."

Kate: "Aww, is he afraid to stay with us? (to Tony) You need a night light?"

Tony: "You got a pretty mouth, Katie. Hate to see it get broken."

Mercer: "I want this stricken from the record. Mr. Papazian is under tremendous stress ,due to the abuse suffered at the hands of *your* officers and an as yet un-named assailant we believe was in league with Detective Lockley at the time of the arrest."

Kate: "I wouldn't know about that, Sir."

Tony: "I saw you talking to him."

Kate: "Yeah, was that before or after you m*rder*d supervisor Caffrey, you fat piece of.."

Lieutenant: "That's enough."

Mercer: "I want her verbal abuse entered into the record."

Kate: "Thh.."

Mercer: "That 'thh..' , too."

Lieutenant: "All of Mr. Papazian's rights will be duly respected.."

Mercer: "Mr. Papazian is a very important client at Wolfram&Hart. Any further violations of his rights and there *will* be serious repercussions."

Kate: "And what exactly the hell does that mean?"

Mercer: "It means that we will open this case to the court of public opinion. It means that we'll shine *light* into the darkest corners of this precinct and give the people a clear view of the brutality and callousness of this police force that will make Mark Fuhrman look like Gentle Ben."

Tony: "Everybody should have a lawyer like this one."

Cut to Cordy sitting at her desk in Angel's outer office.

Cordy smiles up at Angel: "so how nice is it to finally have a simple 'find the Crime-Lord' case? Over and done with."

Angel pours himself some coffee: "Yeah."

Cordy gets up: "Wait you've got pensive face."

Angel leans against the wall: "I've always got pensive face."

Cordy: "Well, pensive-r face."

Angel: "I'm not so sure this thing is so over and done with, that's all. There is something about Little Tony."

Cordy: "What something?"

Angel takes a sip: "Hmm, just a feeling I got."

Cordy: "Ah-hmm!"

Angel: "What?"

Cordy: "Nothing. I just find it *endlessly* fascinating how your feelings are *so* attuned when it comes to boring old evil, but you have *yet* to make any mention about these new shoes."

Points down at her orange sandals.

Angel: "Look, Cordelia. Women's shoes.. Men..(Door opens and Doyle comes in) they just don't.."

Doyle: "Great shoes! New? (To Angel) So, you were right, Papazian is planning something."

Cordy hits Angel on the arm and walks away.

Angel: "What did you hear?"

Doyle: "That Papazian is planning something."

Angel: "That's it?"

Doyle: "Johnny Red says, quote: Papazian is planing something."

Angel nods: "I thought he might be planning something."

Doyle: "See, you were right."

Cordy looks from one to the other and shakes her head.

Cut to the Blue Bar. Kate is being greeted by several off-duty officers as she walks up to the bar.

“Homerun, Lockley.” - "Way to go!" - "Nice work, Lockley."

The bartender sets an open bottle of beer in front of her and Kate reaches for some money.

Bartender: "No, no, your dad paid for the drink."

Kate takes her drink and sits down at her dad's table.

Lockley: "Tony Papazian, huh?"

Kate: "Yeah."

Lockley: "Well, congratulations."

Kate: "Thanks."

Lockley lifts his glass: "Here is hoping the bust doesn't fall apart before you finish filing the paperwork. Damn lawyers, huh?"

Lockley sees a guy coming up to their table: "Harlan."

Harlan drops a page of paper in front of Kate: "You see this?"

Kate looks at it: "Sensitivity training?"

Harlan: "Everyone's got to take it. Word is, it's because of what you did to Papazian."

Kate: "What I did? - Oh, somebody is going to answer for this."

Harlan: "Think they'll make us hug?"

Kate hands the page back to him: "I'm not hugging you, sweat-boy."

Lockley: "Glad I'm getting out. In my day we didn't need any damn sensitivity.'

Cut to the sensitivity training session at the police station.

Allen: "I'm guessing not too many of you want to be here right now. (Raises his hand) Quick show of hands, who actually *wants* to be here?"

Camera pans over the officers sitting in the room. No one raises his or her hand.

Allen sits down on the edge of his desk: "Well, I'm not gonna waste your time. What I'm going to do is give you some tools to help you experience the whole range of human emotions. Learning that won't just make you better people, it will help you defuse volatile situations in the field; it'll allow you to manage some of your aggression, so you won't feel so tired all the time. - In short, it'll make you better cops. - One of the tools - we use is (holds up a gnarly stick) this. It's called a talking stick. (Holds up a hand as some of the cops snicker) I know, it sounds silly. But it works - if you give it a chance. -It's our contract with each other. Who ever holds this has the right to express himself or herself completely, without judgment, within the confines of this room. (Holds out the stick) Heath?"

Heath crosses his arms and sighs: "I don't think so."

Allen: "Go ahead, give it a try. (Heath takes the stick) Now why don't you start by telling us something about your family. How you grew up. Any siblings?"

Heath: "6 brothers."

Allen: "And what was that like?"

Heath: "I learned to hit back pretty quick." Laughter around the room.

Allen: "You're brothers went kind of hard on you, huh? - Where were your parents?"

Heath: "It was just my mom. She did the best she could."

Allen: "So you had to get tough, right out of the gate. Shut down your emotions? - It's okay! You have our permission to be honest. - Is there something that you always wanted to say to your mother, - but never could?"

Kate: "Will you marry me?"

The others laugh softly.

Allen picks up the stick and offers it to Kate: "Kate, you’d like to share something? We'd like to hear it."

Kate: "No, I don't, really."

Allen dares her: "Afraid? (Kate takes the stick with half a laugh) Genuine emotion makes you uncomfortable. That's okay. Your inappropriate sarcasm masks anger. And you know what anger is, Kate? - It's just fear. - Fear of being hurt. Fear of loss. You've been hurt, haven't you, Kate. And you're afraid of being hurt again. Who're you afraid is gonna hurt you?"

Cut to Angel and Doyle talking to Johnny Red on his exercise machine.

Johnny: "Hell, if I know."

Doyle: "Yeah, but you told me you heard something, right?"

Johnny huffing: "Planning something, that's all I heard."

Angel: "Who'd you hear it from?"

Johnny: "Guys that work for Little Tony. They're in my Thursday night spinning class."

Angel: "Well, what did they say exactly?"

Johnny: "Oh, they weren't actually talking to me. They were talking to a couple of guys in Izzy Broncato's crew. I overheard on account they had to shout over the bikes."

Doyle: "What and all those guys were in your gym?"

Johnny: "Yeah."

Doyle: "Why, you got some kind of thug rate special there?"

Johnny: "No, but if you want to sign up, I get a discount for bringing you in."

Angel: "Gguys, what was said?"

Johnny: "Right. Izzy's boys, they said to Little Tony's crew, you know, now that LT is in the clink you get to look for new employment. But LT's guys say no, because no stupid bitch is going to get the best of LT."

Angel to Doyle: "You know what that means?"

Doyle: "LT stands for Little Tony, yeah?"

Angel shakes his head: "It means he's going after Kate."

Cut to the police station. Angel comes in.

Kate: "Angel."

Angel: "We need to talk."

Kate: "I know. I want to apologize for the other night."

Angel: "You don't need to do that."

Kate: "That's not what my sensitivity trainer says. Well, that's pretty goof ball, right? Still, thanks for what you did."

Angel: "You're welcome."

Kate: "Listen what are you doing tomorrow night, around eightish? My father is having this retirement party thing, with a bunch of his old cop buddies. I’m supposed to say a few words. It would be nice if there was at least one person there who wasn't, you know, armed. It'd be a favor."

Angel: "Sure."

Kate: "Okay, that was easy. I'm relieved. - Something wrong?"

Angel: "Kate, I think you may be in real danger."

Kate: "Okay, the relief part is done."

Angel: "I've heard some things. I don't know the specifics yet, but I think that Papazian's taking a contract out on you."

Kate: "Wow."

Angel: "I'm going to stay on this.."

Kate: "He's really acting out, isn't he?"

Angel: "Well, yeah! He wants you dead."

Kate: "Oh, I get that. I'm just saying that he must be in some kind of pain to strike out at other's in that way."

Angel: "Are you okay?"

Kate: "Oh god, listen to me. Suddenly I'm Dr. Laura. Next thing you know I'll be talking about processing and my inner child. I'm sure I'll be back to my usual level of cynicism in no time."

Angel just looks at her.
Cut to a dark mansion.

Allen: "I'm sensing some tension. I think you should tell me - what are you feeling?"

Mercer: "Concerned. We went to great effort and expense to get you into that precinct. Is it working?"

Allen: "Of course it's working. After tomorrow's session you'll see results. (He walks over and looks at an altar covered with in a red cloth and a lot of burning candles) Incredible results."

Mercer: "That makes me feel all warm inside."

Cut to the retirement party at the Blue Bar. There is a cake and a 'Happy Retirement Trevor' banner. The place is crawling with cops.

Angel and Kate come in.

Kate picking up a glass of champagne: "Boy, I'm scared - and excited. - And consumed with dread. - And glad you're here."

Angel: "I doubt even one of Little Tony's hired g*ns would try something in a room full of cops."

Kate: "What? Oh, that, death thr*at hanging overhead. No I meant speaking in public."

Angel: "Well, what's that old saw, about picturing your public in their underwear?"

Kate looks at him: "Way ahead of you."

Kate walks over to her father and kisses him on the cheek: "Happy retirement, Daddy."

Lockley gesturing at Angel: "Who's this?"

Kate: "Oh, this is Angel. He's a friend. Angel, this is my father."

Angel shakes her father's hand: "Hello, Mr. Lockley. Congratulations."

Lockley: "For what? All I did was live this long and not get sh*t."

Kate: "Why do you do that?"

Lockley: "Do what?"

Kate shaking her head: "Pretend important things don't matter?"

Lockley: "So, - Angel, - how long you been seeing Katie?"

Angel: "We're, uhm, we're pretty new friends."

Lockley: "Well, good to see her out with a man. I was starting to wonder if she didn't lean into another direction altogether."

Lieutenant: "All right everyone, before we cut the cake the other officer Lockley, the good-looking one, would like to say a few words. Kate?"

Applause while Kate sets down her glass and goes to stand at one end of the room.

Kate: "Hello everybody. Welcome to the end of an era. Now the old man would *like* us to believe that he couldn't care less about all this attention and free booze. (Laughter) But I know him better than that. He put a lot of years in on the job, and he made a difference in a lot of lives. (Scattered cheers, her dad sits down) And now it's over. That's a huge deal, no matter what he says. In fact I'm not really sure if he knows what he's going to do with himself. He forgot how to be anything but a cop a long time ago. And maybe, - maybe that's why I became a cop too. - After mom d*ed, you stopped , you know? It was like you couldn't stand the sight of me. Her face, her eyes looking up at you. - But big girls don't cry, right? You said, gone's gone, and there is no use wallowing. - Worms and dirt and nothing, forever. Not one word about a better place. You couldn't even tell a scared little girl a beautiful lie. (Sobs) God, I wanted to drink with you. I wanted you to laugh with me just once, the way you laughed with Jimmy here, or Frank."

Lockley: "What the hell did they do to her in that class?"

Angel looks over at her dad.

Kate plays with her purse: "My best friend Joanne, her mom was soft, and she smelled like macaroni and cheese, and she'd pick me up on her lap and she would rock me. She said that she wanted to keep to herself. - She said that I was good and sweet. Everybody said I was. - Do you realize that you’ve never told me that I'm pretty? Not once in my life?"

Harlan: "Keep going, Katie."

Kate: "Well, I can't anymore, dad. I can't campaign for the office of your beloved daughter. You closed your heart after mom left us and that's it." Sobs.

Harlan: "That was so damn brave."

Lieutenant: "Are you kidding me? Her old man's party wasn't the forum."

Harlan: "She can't worry about protecting him"

Angel and Kate look around at the officer talking to each other.

"Let it out, Dale. I always knew your mother was controlling." - "I'm passive- aggressive?" - "I'm hearing a lot of denial."

Lieutenant to Harlan: "She abused the process. I'm going to tell her."

Harlan: "With that breakthrough? You're completely blocked."

Lieutenant: "Your need for catharsis is not the issue here."

Harlan grabs him: "I'll give you catharsis!"

Harlan slams the Lieutenant on a table and starts to b*at him. Angel pulls Harlan off and Lockley leads the Lieutenant out. The other cops are arguing, crying or fighting.

Lockley: "Keep it together, will you Jimmy? Take him down to his precinct, let him sleep it off with the drunks. Do the same with the others."

Angel leads Kate out: "Let's do likewise."

Cut to Angel's office. It's still night. Cordelia come in.

Cordy: "All right, I'm here. What's the big emergency? These middle of the night hours are really eating into my potential social life. (Walks into the back office) Why I ever thought it was a nifty idea to work for a vam (Sees Kate lolling on a chair) trilloquist. - Hi!"

Kate: "Hi."

Cordy looks around, Doyle shakes his head.

Angel hands Kate a cup: "Here drink this."

Kate looks up at Angel: "You have the most intense eyes. I see such an old soul."

Doyle: "He gets that a lot, you know."

Kate: "I thought that enigmatic thing was just an act to get women. The truth is, you don't have an insincere bone in your body, do you?"

Angel: "Kate, I need you to tell me about the sensitivity training. Who's running it?"

Kate: "You wanna go? It's pretty wonderful. (Puts a hand on her chest) It gets you where you live."

Angel: "I need to know his name."

Kate shakes her head: "We all need - so much."

Cordy to Doyle: "What's her deal? Too much..(makes a drinking motion with her thumb pointing at her mouth)"

Doyle: "Thumb sucking?"

Cordy: "Alcohol! Dummy."

Doyle: "Don't look at me like that. I'm not the one that needs to brush up on their finger pantomime. (Sighs) It's something to do with the training she had at work."

Kate give the notice about the sensitivity training to Angel then gets up and walks over to Cordy and Doyle.

Kate in a singsong voice: "Some one's got a crush."

Doyle: "What?"

Kate to Cordy: "It's right there, how he feels about you. And you don't know what to do about it."

Cordy: "Please! We just joke around."

Kate: "Where is the truth? Where is the truth? He is hiding behind Mr. Humor. I mean, look at – look at Doyle.. really look at him, what do you see?"

Cordy: "A bad double-poly blend?"

Kate: "That's defense, Cordelia. Maybe you should open your heart to a new possibility!"

Doyle: "Hey, you know, she's starting to make some sense.."

Cordy yells: "Angel!"

Angel comes back in: "I've got his address. 322 Fletcher."

Kate to Angel: "What are your secrets, Angel. What aren't you telling me?"

Cordy: "I'm so glad I came down to watch 'Latenight' with creepy cop lady."

Angel: "You came down here to stay with her while I find this guy. Don't let her out of your sight."

Cut to Angel walking into the candle lit room with the altar that we saw earlier. He looks at the offerings on the altar. The talking stick is alying on top an open book.

Allen: "What's going on here?"

Angel: "That's a good question, Allen."

Cut to Kate rocking on a chair hugging her knees.

Cordy: "Can we get you some coffee or Valium, or both?"

Kate: "He walked out on me. He just walked out."

Cordy: "Oh, - he'll be back."

Kate: "Not Angel, my father."

Cordy: "Oh."

Kate gets up and grabs her purse: "I have to find him."

Doyle: "Maybe you should just hold off on that for the time being. Angel said to wait right here."

Kate: "I hear what you're saying, but I have to go find my Daddy now."

Doyle: "Detective Lockley, you're not exactly yourself at the moment. Why don't we all just.."

Kate: "Help each other!"

Doyle: "Right, by staying here together!"

Kate: "Yeah, we could do that, but you see I have this.."

Cordy: "Personal problem that you're going to share until dawn?"

Kate pulls her g*n out of her purse and waves it around: "..g*n, and I don't want to come off as insensitive, but if either of you tries to stop me I'm gonna have to blow you the crap away, because I got to go find my Daddy."

Cordy and Doyle let her go.

Cut to Angel pacing in front of the altar.

Angel: "Which demon do you worship, huh? Which one *gives* you your power?"

Allen: "A whole bunch actually. I'm a polytheist."

Angel: "I'm not here to play games."

Allen backs away from Angel: "You have rage. I get that."

Angel: "What did you do to Kate Lockley?"

Allen: "Do you know what anger is? It is nothing but fear."

Angel: "Yeah, well, I know what fear is. I can smell it right now."

Allen: "That's good. Give yourself permission to open up. (Angel frowns at him) What were your parents like?"

Angel ducks as Allen tries to hit him with the talking stick.

Angel: "My parents were great. (Grabs a hold of the stick, turns vamp and pushes Allen up against the wall with it) Tasted a lot like chicken. Why don't you talk, huh?"

Cut to the police station. All the cops are being very sensitive (hugging, crying, yelling...)

"Sorry I was insensitive, George!" - "Listen, I'm having an epiphany!"

Heath gets some keys out of his pocket: "It's not right. All trapped together like this. The bigger ones picking on the weaker ones."

Cut to a bunch of bored prisoners sitting in their cells, including Little Tony. Heath comes up looks through the bars into the cell clock: "It's not right Makes them more brutal then they were when they came in."

Goes and hits the unlock buttons for the cells. The prisoners slowly get out of their cells. Heath unlocks the door into the cell block and walks in.

Heath looking around at the prisoners: "Remember this, brothers. An act of kindness is just as manly as.."

The prisoners jump him and b*at him to the ground.

Cut to Kate running into the station (which is in utter chaos): "Dad? - Daddy!"

Cut to a car crash.

Cop talking to the two drivers: "You want to talk about whiplash? I'll tell you about whiplash. I've got emotional whiplash from having to deal with people like you day in and day out. If any one's the victim here, it's me. I've alienated my friends, my family, - my own children are afraid of me. I can't even make love to my wife."

Cut to Angel running down the street past a cop, an old lady on a bench and a young guy.

Cop: "I hear what you're saying, but I don't think that you are listening to your mugger's feelings at all."

Cut to Angel running up to the entrance of the police station.

Cordy: "Oh, boy.."

Angel: "What are you two doing..."

Doyle: "It's Kate we followed her here."

Cordy: "She's totally lost it. She looked like she is ready to do some damage."

Doyle: "And it's not just her by the looks of things."

Cordy: "The whole place is going nuts! This is so not good."

Angel smiles at them: "Okay, I think someone needs a hug."

Doyle and Cordy: "Huh?"

Angel pulls them both into a hug.

Cordy: "Ack, eww? Eww!"

Cordy and Doyle push Angel off them.

Cordy: "Hey! What's your damage?"

Doyle: "I think he's just found Mr. Sensitivity."

Angel puts a hand on his heart: "He was right in here all the time, just waiting to come out. - Gosh, what our folks do to us, huh?"

Cut to Kate talking on the phone: "Please daddy if you're there pick up. We need to talk."

Cut to outside.

Cordy to Angel: "He put the whammy on you! You stink with whammy!"

Doyle: "She's right."

Angel smiles and nods: "Talking stick, it's cursed all right."

Cordy to Doyle: "There's a stick that talks?"

Angel: "Cordelia, do you have *any* idea just how *precious* you are?"

Doyle: "All right, let's talk just about this stick."

Angel: "He uses it as a talisman. Anyone that touches the stick becomes infected. He admitted it to me after I (looks away from them and swallows) - threatened him with v*olence."

Cordy to Doyle: "What's his trip?"

Angel: "Wolfram&Hart, the firm, hired this guy to neutralize the police, so Little Tony could make his escape. It'll wear off."

Cordy: "Soon?"

Doyle: "So there was never any contract on detective Lockley?"

Angel: "No, Little Tony was planning all along just to k*ll her himself. *Poor* guy."

Cordy: "Poor guy?"

Angel: "Well, he's got issues."

Doyle: "Angel, man, you've got to snap out of this!"

Cordy: "Right now. It's time for you to get all vampy - grr! - Kate needs you."

Angel shakes his head: "I don't want to. You both withdraw when I go vamp. I feel you judge me."

Cordy: "We won't judge you, (to Doyle) will we? (To Angel) give it a try."

Angel shakes his head: "Closeness is too important to me right now."

Doyle: "Angel, man, Kate is in there."

Cordy: "Along with k*ller guy."

Doyle walks up to the door. It's locked.

Cop through the door: "We're closed."

Doyle: "You're the police! You can't close."

Cop: "Why not? Haven't we done enough? It's always 'find this, rescue that' with you people. Well, see how you like it!"

Cop pulls down the blind hard and rips it off.

Cut to cop talking to a black prisoner.

Cop: "I’d to apologize for having treated you so shabbily, so I wrote a poem about it. (Reads) 'I saw a leaf and I did cry..."

Harlan walks up to Kate who is leaning on top of her desk: "It hurts, doesn't it? When people don't listen to you? When they reject you?"

Kate looks up at him: "You know?"

Harlan: "I ought to. For two years I've been saying to you with everything I have: love me, Kate. Need me the way I need you. But you never notice - never return my desire. You just sit at that desk, next to mine.. smelling the way you do.. taunting me."

A g*n sh*t sounds.

Cut to Little Tony f*ring a shotgun in the air.

Tony to some of the other prisoners he just armed: "You guys – you’re working for Little Tony now. You'll find I'm stern (sh**t a cop) but fair. - Now come on, lets k*ll us a Lady cop."

Cut to an empty police office. Form outside:

Cordy: "We need a rock."

Angel: "I can't say that I'm comfortable with all this."

Cordy: "Don't argue, this is the only way in."

Doyle: "Here this one should do it." Rock hits the wall.

Cordy: "Aim for the window!"

Doyle: "I was."

Cordy: "Give me that!" Rock flies through window.

Doyle: "Nice arm!"

Cordy: "Angel, now it's your turn, come on!"

Angel pushes in the bars.

Cut to Tony and his spooks walking down the corridor carrying g*ns.

Cut to Cordy, Doyle and Angel climbing in through the window.

Cordy: "Come on! Lets go!"

Angel points at the broken window: "Wow. That's vandalism."

Doyle: "Ah, we'll take care of it later."

Angel: "We should leave a note."

Cordy: "Would you come on?"

Angel: "What's the magic word?"

Cordy: "Urgh!"

Angel: "No, I don't think 'urgh' is the magic word, if one would *call* it a word. And even then it's certainly not a magic one."

Cordy: "We don't have time for this!"

Angel: "There is always time to be considerate of others, Cordelia."

Cordy huffs: "Oh, please!"

Angel: "See? That wasn't so hard now, was it?"

Cut Tony walking into the main police station.

Tony to Kate: "Thought you finally it over on me, huh? Thought you were smarter than Little Tony. Well, nobody beats me baby. Not even a stone bitch like you."

Kate stands up: "I am not a bitch! I'm just protected."

Tony: "No one protecting you now."

Angel: "Hey! (Walks in slowly with Cordy and Doyle behind him) I'm feeling some serious negative energy in this room."

Cordy: "Go on. Take care of him!"

Tony with a smile to Angel: "Oh, I've been wanting to see you again."

Kate: "I'm sure he'd say the same thing, but that g*n really makes you come off as hostile."

Angel: "That and the body language. It's so closed."

Doyle: "Angel, man, *fight*, don't talk."

Cordy: "We are so dead."

Angel pats a chair in front of Tony: "Now, why don't we all sit down together and process this?"

Tony with a smile: "Seems that sensitivity training I paid for really took, huh, Nancy Boy?"

Angel picks up the chair and smashes it in Tony's face, knocking the guy beside him down as well. Kate sh**t the third guy with her g*n.

Kate: "How do you think that makes me feel?"

Cordy steps on the second guys g*n as he tries to pick himself back up and Doyle kicks him in the face and picks up the g*n himself.

Angel: "Okay, now I'm feeling unheard."

Angel starts to b*at up on Tony.

Angel: "You know, Anthony you could be a rainbow and not a (hits him over the head and drops him) painbow. (Kate stares at him) I mean, it really is all up to you."

Kate shakes her head: "You."

Angel turns towards her and smiles: "No, you."

Kate opens her arms to him: "Come here."

They hug.

Cordy: "Ugh, - anyone for vomit?"

Kate and Angel separate and look at Tony laying on the floor.

Angel shakes his head with a sigh: "It's so sad, isn't it?"

Kate shakes her head: "Some people just really need to live in the problem."

Cut to Wolfram&Hart's firm. Mercer is listening to Tony on the phone.

Tony: "What the hell am I paying you for? Where the hell are you? I want my limo here now."

Mercer: "I'm afraid that's not possible Mr. Papazian."

Tony: "What? What are you telling me?"

Mercer: "You sh*t up a precinct and attempted to m*rder a police officer in full view of witnesses. We can't risk that kind of exposure."

Tony: "You're the ones that set this thing up!"

Mercer: "We opened the door for you. The point was for you to walk through it, not blast your way out. The senior partners feel that you have become a liability. We can't waste energy on you when there are more pressing issues at hand."

Tony: "Pressing issues? (Mercer is looking at a tape of Angel confronting Tony at the precinct) What pressing issues?"

Mercer: "Our relationship is terminated, as is this phone call."

Tony slams the receiver back in it's cradle.

Cut to the precinct the next day.

Cop: "Morning."

Other cop: "Yeah right."

Angel to Kate: "How do you feel?"

Kate: "Pretty foolish, you?"

Angel: "I'm all right."

Kate: "Internal affairs is investigating the Blue Bar. They think someone there spiked the punch. Seems like everybody there went a little crazy. I know I did with my Dad."

Angel: "Well, maybe it helped."

Kate: "Did I - did I say anything to you?"

Angel: "I'm a little fuzzy myself."

Kate: "Good. - Well, I should get back to work."

Angel: "Yeah, me too." Walks off slowly.

Kate stands there unsure for a moment, then sees her dad walking up to her.

Kate: "Hi."

Lockley: "Katie. (Angel hears them and turns in the doorway to watch and listen) Got your messages on my machine."

Kate: "Yeah, that was kind of a bizarre night. I.."

Lockley: "Katie.. - Don't - don't say anything. You make an idiot out of yourself, embarrass me in front of the guys. You don't bring that up ever again. As far as I'm concerned - it didn't happen."

Kate watches as her dad turns and walks out.

Angel watches Kate as she slowly sits down at her desk, then swallows, turns and walks away.