04x13 - Salvage

Complete collection of the "Angel" TV show episode transcripts from season 1 - 5. Aired: October 1999 to May 2004*
Watch or Buy on Amazon Merchandise

The vampire Angel, cursed with a soul, moves to Los Angeles and aids people with supernatural-related problems while questing for his own redemption.

04x13 - Salvage

Post by bunniefuu »

Previously on Angel:

1 EXT. SKY TEMPLE CLUB ON KIMBALL BUILDING ROOF - NIGHT

The Beast kneels on one knee, punching the floor at the center of his human square, sending a trail of fire out along the floor in the shape of the Eye of Fire symbol. A shock wave emanates from the area, knocking everyone back a few feet. The fire is tall now, taller than the beast. The Beast leaps straight up into the sky, riding the fire that he created.

CORDELIA (V.O.)

The rain of fire, even blotting out the sun—those were only the first steps to something bigger.

Cut to:

2 EXT. STREET BEHIND CONNOR'S PLACE - DAY

The sun becomes blocked out by black magic.

Cut to:

3 EXT. STREET BEHIND CONNOR'S PLACE - DAY

Cordelia and Connor are waiting anxiously by the car. Angel and crew come out of the building, and Cordelia runs to them.

WESLEY

We need Angelus.

Cut to:

4 INT. BASEMENT AT HOTEL/ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

The shaman puts his hand on Angel's head, closes his eyes, and when the shaman's eyes open again, they're red.

Cut to:

5 INT. OFFICE AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Close-up of a drawing depicting the aerial view of a park. Wesley walks up to the picture and opens it like a door, revealing a safe behind it. He twists the dial on the safe door to the right combination. Cordelia's standing behind him, holding the receptacle that contains Angel's soul. Fred, Gunn, and Lorne are also in the room.

GUNN

Taking out Angel's soul. Putting it in a jar. I hope we know what we're doing.

Cut to:

6 INT. BASEMENT AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Angelus is sitting inside the cage.

CORDELIA (V.O.)

Angelus. He's dangerous.

Cut to:

7 INT. LOBBY AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONSANGELUS

The g*ng watches Angelus via the monitor set up in the lobby.

ANGELUS

Which do you think is worse, Wes? Stealing my kid like you did, or banging him like Cordelia?

Cut to:

8 INT. BASEMENT AT HOTEL/ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Gunn, Cordelia, Connor and Fred are in the basement talking, guarding Angelus in the cage.

ANGELUS

There's something bigger. Something worse. The Beast has a boss.

Cut to:

9 INT. CAVE

In a triangular shaped room lit dimly with two torches, the Beast prays.

BEAST

(kneeling in the corner, the Beast raises a Kn*fe) This humble token I offer, forged of my unworthy bones.

Cut to:

10 INT. OFFICE AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Cordelia walks into the office where Lorne, Fred, and Gunn are staring at the safe.

FRED

Angel's soul. It's gone.

Pan over to show the empty safe.

Cut to:

11 INT. LOBBY AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Wesley and Lilah come in through the front doors to find Fred, Connor and Cordelia watching the monitor.

GUNN (V.O.)

She shows up right after Angel's soul goes missing.

CORDELIA

(smiling) I can bring him back. I know how to re-ensoul Angel.

Cut to:

12 INT. BASEMENT AT HOTEL/ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Cordy and the g*ng are setting up a magical circle on the floor in front of Angelus's cage while he looks on. The skull is at the center, while twigs are arranged in the shape of a circle around it. White candles are lit on the perimeter.

White smoke emanates from the skull and purposefully meanders toward Angelus. The smoke surrounds Angleus's body, lifting him off the ground. He winces and screams in pain. The skull in the magical circle explodes. The smoke disappears and Angel falls to the ground.

CORDELIA

The spell, it worked.

WESLEY

Sing for Lorne—to prove it's really you.

ANGEL

(sings) Raindrops keep falling on my head...do do do do... Just...

LORNE

(smiles) It's him. It's Angel.

CORDELIA

(unlocks his cage, opens the door; Angel walks out) You're not Angelus. (takes his hand)

ANGELUS

(in vamp facade, Angelus grins and pulls Cordy up to him violently) Guess again!

Cut to:

13 INT. LOBBY AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Gunn and Connor are doling out weapons from the weapons cabinet.

WESLEY

Our only advantage is Angelus might think we want to capture him. I think we're all agreed that's not an option anymore.

Cut to:

14 EXT. STREETS OF LOS ANGELES

Connor's out in front of the search party, with Wes, Gunn, and Fred following him. Connor stops in the middle of the street.

CONNOR

His scent ends here.

FRED

He doubled back.

They all turn and run back to the truck.

Cut to:

15 INT. LOBBY AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Cordelia and Lilah are talking. Angelus jumps down to the main floor of the lobby. Lilah sh**t him with her g*n until it's out of b*ll*ts, then she throws it down. Cordelia sh**t an arrow at him with a crossbow, but Angelus catches the arrow in the air and throws the arrow back at Cordelia—it goes into her leg; she gasps and falls to the ground.

Cut to:

16 INT. CORRIDOR IN HOTEL/ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Lilah's running away as fast as her wounded body will take her, but someone grabs her by the throat from one of the rooms, and pushes her into the doorjamb. It's Cordelia.

LILAH

He's gonna k*ll us.

CORDELIA

I know. (stabs Lilah in the neck with the Kn*fe from the Beast's offering; Lilah collapses, falls to the ground) Why do you think I let him out? (smiles)

Fade to black.

The Start Of EpisodePrologue:

TRANSCRIBER'S NOTE: Since the sun is blotted out in metro Los Angeles, I will not describe the setting in terms of day or night as it's irrelevant until the plot point is resolved. Scenes that take place outside the affected area will be described appropriately.

17 INT. CORRIDOR IN HOTEL/ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Someone's walking down the corridor and stops at Lilah's body. Pan up to show it's Angelus.

ANGELUS

Huh. Well. That's no fun.

Cut to:

18 INT. CORRIDOR IN HOTEL/ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Wes and Gunn are walking the hallways looking for Lilah.

WESLEY

Lilah!

Wes and Gunn stop in their tracks when they come upon the hallway where Angelus is. He's standing, holding Lilah's body in his arms, feeding from her neck wound.

ANGELUS

(looks up) Oh, geez, fellas—this isn't what it looks like. (laughs nervously, Gunn hurls the battle-axe at Angelus, but misses) A little too tart for me, anyway. You know what I mean, Wes? (drops Lilah's body) Catch ya later.

Angelus runs away from Gunn and Wes down the hallway and out the window. Gunn tries to catch Angelus. Wesley stares at Lilah's body and her bloody neck wound.

Cut to:

19 INT. LOBBY AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Cordelia's sitting on a couch while Connor rips the arrow out of her leg. Lorne and Fred are also attending to her.

CORDELIA

Ow!

Gunn comes downstairs.

GUNN

She OK?

CONNOR

She's lost a lot of blood.

CORDELIA

Where's Angelus?

GUNN

Gone. He k*lled Lilah.

Everyone turns to Gunn, shocked.

CORDELIA

Oh, God. (Gunn goes back upstairs, Connor follows; Fred bandages Cordy's leg; Cordy sighs) It's started. (Cordy smiles a subtle, evil grin)

Fade to black.

Opening credits.

ACT I:

20 INT. CORRIDOR IN HOTEL/ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Cordelia, Lorne, and Fred look on nervously as Wes and Gunn wrap Lilah's dead body in plastic sheeting. Connor's looking anxiously out the window. After a moment, he breaks the somber silence by banging his hands on the window sill emphatically and turning toward the others.

CONNOR

What are we waiting for? Why aren't we going after him?

WESLEY

(deadpan, staring at Lilah) No need. He'll be back.

FRED

How do you know?

CORDELIA

We're the ones he wants to hurt. The people closest to Angel.

CONNOR

I say we dust him before he gets the chance.

WESLEY

(still staring at Lilah) That's just the kind of reckless thinking that allowed Angelus to double back on us, giving him the chance to— (looks at Lilah, then softly) From now on, we all stay close.

FRED

And do what? If Angelus is coming back for us, we can't just be waiting for him to drop by. We need to do something. Board up the windows, make it safe somehow. (looks at the others) Don't you think?

GUNN

Won't make a difference. If he wants in, nothing's gonna stop him.

LORNE

The birth of a notion, kids. We use the sanctuary spell. That anti-demon-v*olence charm I used down at Caritas. It won't keep Angelus from making a house call, but it should keep carnage down to a minimum.

GUNN

That takes some doing, doesn't it?

LORNE

Well, I could put a call into the Furies. Maybe they could tech-support me through a quickie version.

CONNOR

Magic again. You people rely way too much on that junk.

WESLEY

We use whatever tools we have.

CONNOR

Yeah, only it never really works the way it's supposed to. It's why we're here, isn't it? Why he's loose?

FRED

Cordy, why didn't it work? The spell to bring Angel's soul back. Did we do something wrong?

CORDELIA

(shrugs) I don't know.

GUNN

Yeah, and how did you get so fooled, Lorne? Reading Angelus wrong like that. You were so sure he was Angel.

CORDELIA

Don't put this on him. I'm the one who let Angelus out. It's my fault.

FRED

It's nobody's fault.

GUNN

I'll tell you whose fault it is—the Powers That sit on their Be-hind sending us useless, cryptic messages—

CONNOR

We have to destroy her.

WESLEY

What?

CONNOR

The body. She could have been turned.

GUNN

Sired, you mean? No, there wasn't enough time.

CONNOR

You don't know that.

GUNN

The hell I don't. It happened to—

WESLEY

(stands) No, he's right. We can't take any chances. (grabs a battle-axe off of the wall) I'll take care of it.

Cut to:

21 INT. SEEDY DEMON BAR

Vampires and demons are smoking and drinking in a country-western bar. Angelus walks in and starts pushing people around and asking questions when two vampires who were playing pool notice him.

VAMPIRE 1

(looks up from the pool table) Hey. Hey. Isn't that...?

VAMPIRE 2

Yeah.

ANGELUS

That's right, brothers and sisters. The rumors are true. Angel has left the building, and I am back.

CROWD

(claps) Welcome back!

ANGELUS

But hey, I'm no different than the next guy. I put my victims' skin on one leg at a time.

ROSARIA VAMP

(runs up to Angelus) Angelus! Remember me?

ANGELUS

Not really.

ROSARIA VAMP

Oh, come on! A little town outside Tuscany, 1845, give or take. Rosaria!

ANGELUS

Rosaria. Right. (starts to walk off, but she stops him)

ROSARIA VAMP

Yeah. Flew in with some of my friends when we heard about the permanent midnight. (Angelus grabs a pool cue behind is back) Hey, a bunch of us are gonna raid a pre-school later. You wanna join us? (Angelus breaks the cue) Have a little kiddie cockta— (Angelus stakes Rosaria with the pool cue; she screams and turns to dust) Aah!

ANGELUS

(sighs) Everybody wants a piece of you. (waves away the dust from Rosaria; walks up to a demon at the bar) I'm looking for the Beast A guy over there told me you might know where he hangs his horns.

The demon at the bar is ugly, fat, and fleshy. His jowls sag below his jaw line and he has numerous double chins. Furthermore, he has 5 conical horns of various sizes sticking out of his skull. He's wearing a flannel shirt with the arms ripped off.

DEMON

Whoa. You're him. Talking to me. Not usually impressed by vampires, but this is such a—such an honor. Hey, could ya sign a little something for my hell-spawn? Make it out to Ashley. She's a beautiful little— (Angelus stabs the demon in the hand; he writhes in pain) Oh!

ANGELUS

(grabs the demon's face) Maybe some other time. Where is the Beast?

DEMON

(panicky) I—I don't know, I swear!

VAMPIRE 2

(leaning on a pool table) I seen him. The Beast. Seen him a couple of times. Down by the building by the wash.

ANGELUS

Show me.

Cut to:

22 INT. BASEMENT AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Wesley's standing in front of a table on which Lilah's plastic-wrapped body is stretched out. He unwraps it just enough that he can see her face and grabs his battle-axe. Tenderly, he brushes her hair out of her face. Then her eyes open slowly as he gazes into her face.

LILAH

Why so glum? It is kinda what you wanted, isn't it? I mean, deep down. Me out of the picture—utterly, finally. You can't get outer than this. It makes your life simpler, doesn't it? Cleaner?

WESLEY

I didn't want this.

LILAH

Come on, what are you worried about, Wesley? (sits up, on the far edge of the table, facing away from him) You hated yourself for being with me. Or maybe you just hated yourself for loving being with me. (laughs) Hey, semantics. (stands, walks to Wesley) In any case, we both knew, sooner or later, it would come to a messy end. For one of us, anyway. (pulls him to face her; she touches his face and arms) So ease up on that furrowed brow. You're free now. No longer encumbered with the secret shame of our relationship.

WESLEY

It wasn't a relationship.

LILAH

There's a signed dollar bill in your wallet I think proves different. You knew how I felt.

WESLEY

You don't feel.

LILAH

The only true thing I ever—

WESLEY

(faces away from Lilah to look back at the table) You didn't love me. (stares at her corpse that's still on the table) You couldn't.

LILAH

(standing beside him) We'll never know now, will we?

Pan out to show Wesley is standing alone, looking at Lilah's body as it lies on the table, wrapped in plastic.

Cut to:

23 EXT. UNDERPASS

The two pool-playing vampires from the bar lead Angelus down a dark street at a highway underpass.

VAMPIRE 2

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is the place. (to his buddy) This is the place, right?

VAMPIRE 1

Hey, man, you saw the thing. I didn't.

ANGELUS

Where was the Beast headed?

VAMPIRE 2

Uh, I can't remember, man.

ANGELUS

(grabs the vampire by the collar and talks in his face) Try remembering harder, Paco.

VAMPIRE 2

OK, I was just trying to steer clear of the mammoth, all right? You know what I'm saying, man?

ANGELUS

Listen to what I'm saying. I don't have time to— (stops and turns to look further down the street; puts down the vampire and walks away)

VAMPIRE 2

(calls after him) Hey. Hey man, you want we should come with? Uh, all right, we'll just stay here. (to his friend) Man, you made him nervous.

VAMPIRE 1

Me?

VAMPIRE 2

Damn.

Cut to:

24 INT. LOBBY AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Gunn and Fred bring spices to Lorne, who's talking on the phone at the front desk. Cordy and Connor are also in the lobby.

LORNE

Mm-hmm. Yeah, OK. All right, well not so fast, girls. Yeah, one at a time. Yeah, OK. (writing) v*olence restrained. Uh-huh. Go on.

FRED

That's everything we could find.

LORNE

(takes the phone away from his ear, covers the mouthpiece with his hand, talks to Fred and Gunn) They say we need bloodroot.

GUNN

Bloodroot? Man, we just raided the spice rack in the kitchen. There ain't no bloodroot in there.

LORNE

(puts phone to his ear again) Uh, 86 on the bloodroot, ladies. Anything else we can— Well, yeah, I have, uh, (reads off the labels on the jars Fred and Gunn brought) paprika, ginger, allspice, clove— Cloves? That'll work? Oh, got it. Beautiful. Hey, soon as FTD's delivering in the city again, expect a big "Thanks a Bunch" bouquet from me, girls. Ciao! (hangs up) Ha ha ha!

CORDELIA

Looks like we got our home security spell.

LORNE

Right you are, missy. As soon as we sprinkle burnt clove dust around the perimeter, light a few candles, incant a few choice phrases, we'll be—

CONNOR

(pacing) Hurry up and do it. The sooner we quit playing with magic tricks, the sooner we find and k*ll Angelus.

FRED

Wesley says we shouldn't go after him.

CONNOR

I don't give a flying slop what Wesley says. He's not my boss. Where the hell is he, anyway? How long does it take to chop off Lilah's head?

GUNN

Boss or no, he's right when he says we stay together 'til we know what we have to do.

CONNOR

I know what we have to do. Angel told me. Something goes wrong, I k*ll him.

LORNE

Oh ho ho. Now you listen to him?

FRED

Aren't you forgetting something? Angel's soul is still out there somewhere. That means there's still a chance we could bring him back.

CONNOR

How many people have to die before we give up on that plan?

CORDELIA

I don't know, Connor. How many people have to die without Angel around to save them?

CONNOR

(softly) It's way too late for that. I've seen his true face. And he's tasted blood. There's no going back now. He has to be destroyed. And I'm the destroyer. (turns to walk out the front door)

CORDELIA

Connor, don't do this. It's too dangerous. Come back! You can't— (faints, falls to the ground)

FRED

Cordy!

GUNN

Get her to the couch. (Fred, Gunn, and Lorne move Cordelia to a nearby chair)

CORDELIA

(comes to) What happened?

FRED

You fainted.

CORDELIA

Oh. You mean like this? (faints again)

GUNN

All right. Let's get her upstairs.

CONNOR

I'll do it.

Connor and Fred carry Cordelia upstairs.

GUNN

We're not gonna be able to stop him.

LORNE

Angelus?

GUNN

Connor. The first chance that boy gets, he's gonna k*ll Angelus.

LORNE

Yeah, more likely die trying. Trouble is, we can't keep that boy in check.

GUNN

Yeah, well, Angel aside, who could?

Cut to:

24 EXT. PRISON EXERCISE YARD - DAY

TITLE: Stockton, California. Northern California Women's Facility.

Coils of barbed wire top a chain link fence. Women inside the fence are playing cards at picnic tables, playing basketball, working out. A security guard announces to the crowd.

GUARD

430019 Coming out.

The gate buzzes, and Faith walks out into the yard.

Fade to black.

ACT II:

25 EXT. PRISON EXERCISE YARD - DAY

Armed guards are watching over the "C-Block Exercise Yard" as female prisoners get their recreation outdoors.

BASKETBALL PLAYERS

Come on, girl. Over here, over here.

Faith is doing pull-ups with ease as she gazes away from the yard, through the fence. A tough-looking frowning woman wearing a bandana walks toward Faith and reaches inside her shirt for a Kn*fe. Before the woman can get a swing at Faith, Faith turns around on the bar and kicks the woman in the face, knocking her down. Faith flips forward, dismounting from the bar, landing on her feet. The woman who att*cked her is lying on the ground, reaching for her Kn*fe (that looks similar to the kind of Kn*fe used in Buffy, the Vampire Slayer in Season 7 episodes).

FAITH

OK, you got my attention. What's your beef, Deb? (Deb stands, holding the kinfe at Faith) You really ought to think twice. (Deb swings the Kn*fe at Faith, but Faith pushes her away) Or not.

DEB

Nothing personal. (jabs the Kn*fe at Faith, who punches Deb in the face then knocks her down) I need the money.

Faith grabs a bell bar with a huge weight at either end and jabs one end in Deb's face, breaking her nose. Faith drops the bell bar.

FAITH

For a nose job?

GUARD

(enters the area where they were fighting) Come on, come on.

FAITH

(raises her hands immediately) Hey, hey, self defense. She att*cked me, Eddie.

GUARD

Yeah, I saw the whole thing. (to the other guard) Get her to the infirmary.

FAITH

Wait, you saw?

GUARD

Hey, caught us by surprise. I mean, who'd be crazy enough to try to take you out? (holds the silver curved Kn*fe Deb used against Faith in his hands)

Cut to:

26 INT. BASEMENT AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Wesley is seated, staring at Lilah's corpse. Lilah's apparition talks to him from across the room.

LILAH

I know what it is. The reason you're having such a hard time with this. Why you're taking so long to—you know... (makes a creaking noise as she gestures across her throat with her hand) The awful truth: you couldn't save me. And this is the exclamation point.

WESLEY

Saved you from the Beast, for all the good it did.

LILAH

(smiles) Wesley, you know that's not what I'm talking about. You couldn't save me from me.

WESLEY

Is that what you thought?

LILAH

Me? (laughs) Lover, I'm not even here. I'm just a figment in your devilishly handsome head. So, clearly, it's what you thought. For all your supposed darkness, edge of the razor mystique, (whispers in his ear) there was always a small part of you that thought you could pull me back from the brink of my evil, evil ways. Help me find redemption.

WESLEY

Redemption?

LILAH

(stands behind him with her hands on his shoulders) Angel's influence, I suppose. The whole not giving up on someone, no matter how far he—or she—has fallen. Oh, well. Too late for me. (Wes stands) Let's just get it over with. That body's not gonna dismember itself, you know.

WESLEY

(lifts the battle-axe) I'm sorry, Lilah.

LILAH

Oh, Wes, we don't have that word in our vocabulary. Not people like you and—

Wesley swings the axe. When he pulls it back, it's got blood on its edge. He cries.

Cut to:

27 INT. WAREHOUSE

Angelus walks into a warehouse.

ANGELUS

(chuckles) This how you treat an old friend. k*ll the chick I was chasing, then lure me here with the scent of her blood. (the Kn*fe Cordy used to k*ll Lilah is sitting on a box; Angel looks at it)

BEAST

(walks out from behind some boxes toward Angelus) We were never friends, Angelus.

ANGELUS

I know. But calling you a big dumb hunk of rock seemed a little on the nose. Come on... I'm teasing. It's been, what, a couple hundred years. You still want to kick my ass.

BEAST

It's true I long to crush your skull, but I didn't bring you here to fight. That wasn't my instruction.

ANGELUS

Your instruction?

BEAST

My master has requested you.

ANGELUS

Your master. (looks at the Kn*fe) Nice workmanship. Did you make this in shop for daddy? (goes to pick up the Kn*fe)

BEAST

Don't touch that.

ANGELUS

(chuckles) Sorry. I can see you put a lot of yourself into it. So... the att*ck on Angel Investigations, rain of fire, blotting out the sun—

BEAST

Stealing your soul... All designed by my master to bring forth and keep Angelus.

ANGELUS

(chuckles) Hell of a plan. Real "big picture" thinking. So, when can I meet the big brain behind my liberation?

BEAST

In time. For now, you will take your orders through me.

ANGELUS

Or, here's a better idea: no, I won't. (walks up to the Beast) Tell your boss I'm grateful for the attention, but I don't take grocery lists from the messenger boy.

BEAST

(angrily) I will teach you respect.

ANGELUS

Look, you may have played those suckers at Angel, Inc., but I don't like having my strings yanked, and I don't like being kept in the dark... (smiles) Figuratively, anyway. And if your boss was half as smart as he thinks he is, he knows I won't take orders from a lackey. (the Beast glares at him) What? You don't like "lackey?" Hmm. Or how about, uh, toady? Or lickspittle? Lickspittle's nice. Oh, wait, I got it. Flunky. That's it. You're just a big, stupid, butt-ugly, (the Beast lunges at Angelus who ducks) slow-moving flunky. (the Beast swings at Angelus, but misses) Ah, come on, Rocky. If that's all you got, you better throw in the towel and call it a night. (Angelus jumps up into the rafters with one swift move, then turns to the Beast) When the Beastmaster's ready to peek out from behind your skirt, have him give me a call. (leaves the building)

CORDELIA

(walks out from behind some boxes toward the Beast) Well, you handled that brilliantly.

BEAST

He's not to be trusted.

CORDELIA

(hits the Beast) What about you? Letting him bait you into a fight like that. (paces) I haven't spent all this time and energy so you can mess it all up with your petty jealousies. You know Angelus is crucial to my plan.

BEAST

My apologies, my master.

CORDELIA

You need patience. He'll come around...when he sees what I have to offer. And, if he doesn't, you can pull off his head and tear him to bits. Now... give mama some sugar.

Cordelia reaches up to the Beast's neck and pulls his head down for a mouth-to-mouth kiss.

Cut to:

28 INT. LOBBY AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Fred lights white candles as Lorne reads off the incantation.

LORNE

(reading) v*olence restrained, demons disarmed. For mortals within these walls, no harm. Protection and safety this charm doth endow to make this shelter a sanctuary now. (with big hand gestures)

Everyone looks around, waiting for something to happen.

GUNN

That it?

LORNE

Well, if we followed the recipe...should be cake. A demon v*olence-free zone cake.

FRED

I don't know, Lorne. It doesn't feel like anything's different.

CONNOR

(walks away to sit down on the couch) 'Cause it's not. Like every other lame spell you people try, it didn't work. It never works. I've pretty much concluded that magic sucks. I mean, if I were you guys, I wo—

Lorne sneaks up behind Connor and tries to hit him with a candlestick, but a force field stops him and sends him backward.

LORNE

See? It works sometimes. Oh. It also smarts like the dickens. (leans against the front desk in pain)

WESLEY

(walks in from the basement) Sanctuary spell's working?

LORNE

Yeah, like a charm. Literally.

WESLEY

Good. It'll make this easier.

GUNN

Make what easier?

WESLEY

Where's Cordelia?

FRED

Upstairs asleep. She still feels weak.

GUNN

Make what easier?

WESLEY

(putting on his coat) We're going to bring Angelus in alive.

CONNOR

No, we're not.

GUNN

I thought you said capturing him wasn't an option.

WESLEY

Changed my mind.

CONNOR

Change it back.

WESLEY

We get rid of Angelus, then what? We still have a beast we don't know how to k*ll. We know it's working for something much worse, but we don't know what it is. We're caught in the middle of a maelstrom, and we can't get out without our champion. We're gonna save Angel, and I know who we need to help us do it.

Cut to:

29 INT. PRISON VISITING ROOM - DAY

Faith walks down a corridor of prison bars into a visiting room where prisoners sit on one side of a table, and visitors on the other. Prisoner and visitor talk to each other through phone handsets, separated from one another by a pane of glass. Faith sits in a chair opposite Wesley.

FAITH

(picks up the phone, talks into it) They told me my lawyer was here to see me. You my lawyer now, Wes?

WESLEY

(to phone) Hello, Faith. How are you?

FAITH

Still alive. Never thought I'd live long enough to see you paying me a visit.

WESLEY

A lot's happened.

FAITH

Whatever it is suits you. I mean, you're looking... (checks him out) good.

WESLEY

You know what's going on in L.A.?

FAITH

Seen the news, sure. Never-ending night, rain of fire. Team Angel must really have their hands full.

WESLEY

You don't know the half of it.

FAITH

(leans forward) But you're here to fill in the blanks for me. Why?

WESLEY

We need you.

FAITH

(sarcastically) Well, uh, I hate to wet the paper for you, Wes, but I'm kinda unavailable right now. Maybe you want to check back in a few decades when my parole comes up.

WESLEY

You need to know—

FAITH

It's Armageddon again. I dig. The last thing you need's me in the mix. Besides, Angel'll come shining through in the end like he always does.

WESLEY

Angel's gone, Faith. (Faith stops) Angelus is back. (Faith stares at Wesley worriedly)

FAITH

(deadpan) Step away from the glass.

Faith hangs up the phone. Wesley stares at her, then hangs up his phone and steps back as Faith stands and jumps through the glass headfirst. She tumbles and stands, ready to fight off the security guard. Faith and Wes jump through the outside window.

Cut to:

30 EXT. PRISON BUILDING - DAY

Faith and Wesley land on a car roof, smashing it in and busting the windows. They jumped to the ground.

FAITH

You OK?

WESLEY

Five by five.

Fade to black.

ACT III:

31 INT. WESLEY'S JEEP

Faith changes clothes in the back seat as Wesley drives them both back to Los Angeles.

FAITH

A kid. Angel's got a kid.

WESLEY

Connor.

FAITH

A teenage kid born last year.

WESLEY

I told you he grew up in a hell dimension.

FAITH

Right. And, what, Cordelia spent her last summer as—

WESLEY

A divine being.

FAITH

Uh-huh. (climbs into the front passenger seat) Can I just ask—what the hell are you people doing?

WESLEY

Leading complicated lives, obviously.

FAITH

Unleashing Angelus to help you stop this demon who put the lights out. That's just...

WESLEY

The Beast. The demon who put out the lights—called the Beast.

FAITH

(shakes her head) Gas to the flame's all I'm saying.

WESLEY

I wouldn't worry about the police coming after you. Not yet. With everything that's happening, an escaped convict won't even register on their radar.

FAITH

(looks out the window) I'm not gonna k*ll him, Wesley. Angelus. (shakes her head) I don't care what you thought you sprung me for. Angel's the only one in my life who's never given up on me. There's no way I'm giving up on—

WESLEY

I know. That's why it had to be you. Just wondering if you're up to it. (stops the car)

FAITH

If I'm—?

WESLEY

You have no idea what it's like out there. It's a vampire demon free-for-all all the time. Maybe you're a little rusty.

FAITH

(nods) Maybe I am.

WESLEY

Maybe we should find out.

FAITH

What did you have in—

A vampire reaches in through the rolled-down window to grab Faith by the hair and pull her out of the car. Wesley opens his car door into a vampire, knocking it to the ground. The vampire gets up, but Wesley knocks him down again. It gets up, but Wes stops him.

WESLEY

Ah. (points over his shoulder to Faith) She's the one you want.

The vampire looks over to see Faith's fighting off a couple of vampires at once.

VAMPIRE

Slayer. (panics and runs away)

Faith's still fighting off the vampires. Wesley tosses a stake to her. She stakes and dusts the vampires with ease.

WESLEY

Thought you could use a little release. Feel natural?

FAITH

(shrugs) Ah, it's like riding a biker.
Cut to:

32 INT. LOBBY AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS

Connor's upstairs practicing sword-fighting on the balcony. Gunn's in the lobby loading his crossbow. Lorne and Fred are also there.

LORNE

Oh, relax, boys. The spell's working. And I still got the slight migraine to prove it.

GUNN

Yeah, maybe so, but if Angelus shows up, I wanna be ready.

Wesley and Faith walk in through the front doors.

WESLEY

We are...now.

FAITH

Suh-weet crib.

WESLEY

Everyone, this is Faith, the vampire slayer.

FRED

Hello, Faith, I'm—

FAITH

Fred. Yeah, Wes kinda gave me the skinny on you.

FRED

Oh.

CORDELIA

(walking down the stairs into the lobby) Faith? What the hell is she doing here?

FAITH

(waves) Nice to see you too, Cor.

WESLEY

She's here to help.

CORDELIA

Oh, gee, that's great. Oh, wait a sec. Wasn't she convicted of m*rder and sent to a state correctional facility for like a gazillion years?

FAITH

(smirks) m*rder 2, 25 to life, for the record.

CORDELIA

So now you brought psycho slayer out of retirement to k*ll Angelus?

FAITH

(walks up to Cordelia) Cordelia, you have every right to feel that way about me. You have no reason to trust me, but I don't have loads of time, so why don't we save it until after this is over. Cool? (claps her hands) OK, let's get down to it. We're gonna keep this hunting party tight. Gunn, right?

GUNN

Yeah.

FAITH

Love the name. I hear you're a good fighter.

GUNN

I hold my own.

FAITH

That's a shame. You're with me, Wes, and the kid.

CONNOR

The kid has a name.

FAITH

(turns to look at Connor) Connor. (to Gunn) Arm yourself how you like, but I want you to carry the tranq g*n. If I can't take him down, I want you to be ready to take the sh*t, yeah? (to everyone) In case anyone has any other ideas, this is a salvage mission, not search and destroy, OK?

CONNOR

No. Not OK. You think you can just breeze in here, telling everyone what to do? You're not a part of this. If you think I'm not gonna k*ll Angelus if he comes at me, then—

FAITH

(in his face) Listen up, junior. When need a blood hound, I'll call you. If Angelus needs putting down, I'll be the one to do it, not you. So... is there anything else you're not OK with? Good. (walks away from Connor) Show me the weapons.

Cut to:

33 EXT. STREET IN LOS ANGELES

A young woman's running away from two vampires who are chasing her. Angelus steps up to her and puts his arm around her.

YOUNG WOMAN

Help me.

ANGELUS

It's all right, doll. I've got you. Shh.

YOUNG WOMAN

I don't know how to thank you.

ANGELUS

(in vamp face, turns to the woman) I do. Scream for me.

YOUNG WOMAN

(screaming) Aah!

Angelus goes to bite the woman, but is interrupted when he overhears three other vampires talking in the street.

VAMPIRE 3

The slayer? You sure?

VAMPIRE 4

I just got word. She's in town.

Angelus smiles and lets the woman go. He goes to a phone booth, dials.

ANGELUS

(to phone) Hi, Dawn. Yeah, it's me. Is your sister home? She is. (hangs up) It's the other one.

Cut to:

34 EXT. STREET IN LOS ANGELES

Faith, Connor, Wesley, and Gunn are walking down the street, looking for Angelus.

CONNOR

(to Faith) So, vampire slayers. I was told about them. How come you're always girls?

FAITH

I dunno. Better at it, I guess.

CONNOR

You haven't seen what I can do.

FAITH

Let's not.

They come up to a chain link fence.

CONNOR

He was here. Just.

Connor goes through the fence; the others follow.

FAITH

Eyes and ears peeled. Watch the periph. Hey, nobody make a move until I—

A vampire jumps out in front of Connor. Connor immediately swings his sword at the vampire's neck, cutting off its head, and dusting it. Faith pushes him against the dumpster nearby.

FAITH

You deficient? What did I just say?

CONNOR

He was attacking!

FAITH

You thought it was Angelus. (lets him go) You can't listen, you're no good to me. (to Gunn and Wesley) Get him out of here. Someone take him back to the hotel.

CONNOR

What?

GUNN

Yeah, easier said. The kid's got a history of not doing what he's told.

FAITH

(nods, glares at Connor) He'll do what I tell him.

CONNOR

Yeah, sure I will. (nods and walks away)

FAITH

(stops Connor, pushes him against the dumpster again; he tries to fight her off, but to no avail) I get it. You're a super-being.

Connor pushes Faith away, but she engages him. They fight as Gunn and Wesley look on, not stepping in. Finally, Faith points her crossbow at Connor's neck.

FAITH

Are you a m*rder*r? 'Cause I am. If it comes down to you or Angelus, you haven't shown me a thing to make me want to take your side.

Connor raises his hands and backs away. He picks up his sword and walks away.

GUNN

I like her. (follows Connor)

FAITH

(to Wes) Come on.

Cut to:

35 EXT. WAREHOUSE

Faith and Wesley walk out of a warehouse onto its roof.

WESLEY

Do you know where we're going?

FAITH

Not especially.

WESLEY

How do you expect to find Angelus without Connor?

FAITH

The old-fashioned way. The kid's not the only tracker. Something'll turn up. A trail of bodies, tell-tale clue... (looks up at a huge sign hung from the side of the building that reads "WELCOME FAITH") maybe a carpet fiber.

WESLEY

So much for the element of surprise. We'll have to come at him from two sides.

FAITH

(climbing up to the roof) You take low. I'll hit him high.

VAMPIRE 2

(punches Wesley) Pretty ballsy, mister, creeping around my buddy Angelus. (Wesley swings at him) Come on, pretty boy.

VAMPIRE 1

(steps on Wesley's sword) Our buddy.

Cut to:

36 INT. WAREHOUSE

Faith jumps down from the roof into the warehouse. Angelus talks to her from afar.

ANGELUS (O.S.)

Hey, Faith. Nice to see you again. Mmm. You're looking choice as ever. Oh, that's right. We've never really met, have we?

FAITH

So, what are you waiting for? Come out and gimme a kiss.

Faith walks through the warehouse among stacks of boxes.

ANGELUS (O.S.)

No, no, no. You come to me. That's it. Getting warmer. Warmer...warmer. You're smoking hot.

Faith turns to see Angelus standing behind her.

ANGELUS

But then again, you probably knew that. Honey, I brought a guest home for dinner. (Faith turns to see the Beast standing behind her; Angelus crosses his arms and chuckles) Let's eat.

Fade to black.

ACT IV:

37 INT. WAREHOUSE

Resume. Faith is standing between Angelus and the Beast.

BEAST

What is this, Angelus?

ANGELUS

This is a slayer. Say "hi" to the nice Beast, Faith.

BEAST

You dare to bring a slayer here?

ANGELUS

Hey, I'm doing you a favor, Stonehenge. (walks up to Faith) She's here to seriously mess up you and your boss's plans. So, question is, what do you do, hot sh*t? Hmm? What do you do?

Faith sh**t her crossbow at the Beast, but his tough skin deflects it. She punches him, but he grabs her throat.

ANGELUS

Smile, Faith. I thought you'd enjoy a threesome.

FAITH

(punches Angelus and the Beast, wrestling free of his grip) Sure.

ANGELUS

Oh. (chuckles)

FAITH

Let's get it on.

Faith fights the Beast as Angelus provides running commentary.

ANGELUS

Ooh-ee! Watch yourself, big guy, the girl's on fire.

Faith punches the Beast everywhere she can think of, but to no avail. He punches her once, sending her 10 feet backward crashing into the side of a crate.

ANGELUS

That's gonna sting in the morning. (the Beast and Faith continue to fight) Nice!

The Beast starts to get the upper hand in the fight with Faith. She's bleeding now and moving slower. He kicks her to the ground, then steps on her as she tries to get up.

ANGELUS

Come on, Faithy. You're not even trying.

The Beast grabs Faith and picks her up to face him. She spits blood in his face. He lifts her over his head and body-slams her into the floor.

ANGELUS

Better get up. (then the Beast kicks her across the room) Oh! You know, somebody should break this up.

Faith tries to crawl away, but the Beast walks up to her. Faith's whimpering in pain.

BEAST

This is all you are? I had heard the slayer possessed great strength, but there's no real power here. My master's power is beyond all limits, beyond your petty imagining. You are weak. You're nothing. You could not even defeat me.

ANGELUS

(stands to the side of the Beast) Ain't that the truth. I mean, look at this guy, hm? Pretty much the only thing that could do damage to that thick, stony hide...is himself. Or, maybe, I don't know, (pulls out the Kn*fe used to k*ll Lilah) a piece of himself. (stabs the Beast in the back with the Kn*fe)

The Beast can't reach the Kn*fe to pull it out. It screams in agony as the wound starts to glow yellow. The wound glows brighter and brighter, consuming the Beast. Bright light sh**t up from its body toward the sky.

ANGELUS

I knew it. I knew it!

Cut to:

38 EXT. WAREHOUSE - DAY

Wesley looks up to the sky was the blackness that shrouded the sun is dissipated by the light that exited the Beast's body. The vampires Wes was fighting burn and turn to dust before his eyes.

WESLEY

Faith.

Cut to:

39 INT. WAREHOUSE - DAY

The Beast's body crumbles to bits in front of Faith, who's still sitting on the floor, weak and beaten.

ANGELUS

(looks outside, rolls his eyes) Aw, crap! You mean, k*lling the Beast really does bring back the sun? I thought that was Angel's Ret*rded fantasy. (stands) Aah! Oh, well, what're you gonna do? Take the bad with the good, I always say. Anyway, I just wanted Beastie boy here to soften you up. I like my meat nice and tender. (Faith stands and swings a heavy hook and chain toward Angelus, but it goes right by him as he dodges it easily) Ooh, swing and a miss, slugger. Sorry, but— (the hook and chain break through a dirty window to allow sunlight into the room; Faith's sitting in the sunlight; Angelus ducks for cover) God! (chuckles) OK. Well, I gotta give you props. (glares at Faith) Nice move, really. I guess we'll just have to take a rain check on that whole eviscerating you thing. Just you and me, now, Faithy. (winks, walks away) Catch you later.

Cut to:

40 EXT. GARDEN AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS - DAY

Fred and Lorne are in the garden staring at the sky when Connor and Gunn come back.

GUNN

Ooh-oo. Check it out. We got sun.

LORNE

Well, ding dong, the Beast is dead.

FRED

I've never seen anything so beautiful in all my life. Where are the others?

LORNE

(to Gunn) Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's hear the w*r stories. How'd you bring that monster down?

GUNN

Well, it wasn't us. Not Connor and me, anyway. We—

CONNOR

(pacing) She must've fought it. Faith. The Beast must've att*cked her, and she must— It's gotta be. Hey, where's Cordy? Does she know?

FRED

She's up in her room.

Connor runs into the hotel.

LORNE

Hey, what about Angelus?

GUNN

Well, if that girl can take out the Beast, my money says she'll have Angelus hog-tied and back here by dinner time.

Cut to:

41 INT. CORDELIA'S ROOM AT HOTEL / ANGEL INVESTIGATIONS - DAY

Connor bursts into Cordelia's room, giddy. Cordelia's staring out the window.

CONNOR

Hey! Isn't it incredible?

CORDELIA

(reserved) It's...wonderful.

CONNOR

She did it. Faith. She's... amazing.

CORDELIA

Connor—

CONNOR

I mean, I had no idea what a slayer could do.

CORDELIA

A weakness for slayers? You're definitely his son. (walks up to him) Connor, we need— There's something you need to, um— (sits on the bed; he sits beside her) I don't know how— Well, I know how, but, uh...

CONNOR

What? What is it?

CORDELIA

We're having a baby. (Connor looks shocked; Cordelia lifts her shirt to reveal a swollen belly) Touch it. (she guides his hand to her belly)

CONNOR

This— it's impossible. I— How could—?

CORDELIA

All I know is there's a life growing inside of me, and it's ours. (touches his face) We're connected now. (kisses Connor gently on the lips) You and me. Forever. (kisses him more passionately and leans him back on the bed)

Cut to:

Closing credits.