3x06 - Sunset

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Breaking Bad". Aired January 2008 - September 2013.*

Moderator: Tv_Gal13

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

To provide for his family's future after he is diagnosed with lung cancer, a chemistry genius turned high school teacher teams up with an ex-student to cook and sell the world's purest crystal meth.

3x06 - Sunset

Post by bunniefuu »

Scene: Mexico Border

Janet: KDK-12, come in. KDK-12. KDK-12. Hey, Bobby, need you to look in on Mrs. Peyketewa.

Bobby: She all right?

Janet: Her daughter called from California. She hasn't heard from her in a while, kind of worried.

Bobby: Will do.

Scene: Miss Peyketewa’s House

Bobby: Miss Peyketewa, hello? Miss Peyketewa? Miss Peyketewa? KDK-12 here. Janet, Jesus, we got a homicide.

Janet: Come again?

Bobby: Miss Peyketewa, she's dead! I need some backup out here.

Janet: Okay. On their way.

Bobby: Whoever's in there, show yourself right now! Hold it right there. Let me see your hands. Hands! All right, down. On your knees. You understand me? Do you speak English? I said, down. On your knees. Down! Damn it, get down. On your knees. Do it. On your knees or I'll fire!

Scene: Condo

Walt: Yeah?

Skyler: I found the papers. Right where you left them, in the crib.

Walt: Yeah, well you know best, right? Anything else?

Skyler: Do you have any thought about how we're going to approach this with Walter Jr?

Walt: Well, he's still my son. I mean, he will remain…

Skyler: Of course. My point being the divorce.

Walt: Well, I think he gets it, don't you? I mean, I think he saw it coming. He sees your unhappiness and…

Skyler: My unhappiness? My completely out-of-the-clear blue-sky unhappiness? Really?

Walt: Look, as you said, for the best.

Skyler: Yeah. Okay. Last thing and then I'll let you go. In the child support worksheet, you list medical, dental child care, transportation, housing, education, food, clothing.

Walt: That's right, all of it.

Skyler: Walt. No.

Walt: Skyler, you wanted me out, I'm out. But I will provide for my family.

Skyler: Not with that money. You'd be making us accessories after the fact.

Walt: How do you think we've been paying our bills these last six months? I have to go.

Realtor: Yep, I was right. Three units available, exact same floor plan. I can call over, get you in to see any of the others.

Walt: No, no, this one's fine. I'll take it.

Realtor: Now, unfortunately, this one is the model, so…

Walt: Yeah, I like it. I like everything about it. I'll take it as-is. Name one thing in this world that is not negotiable.

Scene: Jesse’s House

Badger: Yo, for real? This is all you?

Jesse: All me.

Skinny Pete: Heisenberg who? That's what I say. My man Jesse can cook. Check it, yo. It ain't cloudy or dirty or nothing. Just the right shade of blue.

Badger: Good shade. Check out that crystal size.

Skinny Pete: If that bitch was any bigger it would be a Jolly Rancher.

Jesse: Be my guest.

Badger: You sure? I feel kind of dickish with you being in rehab and all.

Jesse: No. I can watch, yo. I can cook and I can watch.

Skinny Pete: Go for it. I tried it last week. I'm still coming down.

Jesse: Go easy.

Badger: Okay. Riverdance!

Jesse: Hey, hey, stop marking up my floor, dumb-ass. Come on.

Badger: Bow before me! I am Lord of the Dance! sh*t. I gotta try that again.

Jesse: Yeah, no, I think you're good.

Badger: That is awesome, Jesse! I feel like somebody took my brain out and boiled it in, like, boiling hot…

Skinny Pete: It's the b*mb, man, seriously.

Badger: Like anthr*x.

Jesse: Good. So you ready to talk some business?

Skinny Pete: You mean this is not, like, just recreational?

Jesse: I know what you're thinking. Trust me, it's not gonna be like it was. All right, never gonna be like it was.

Badger: How's that?

Jesse: We sell it safe. All right? We sell it smart. We don't get greedy, like before.

Skinny Pete: I don't know, man. Combo and all.

Badger: Still man's gotta make his living. If it's like Jesse says and we're not greedy I mean I guess I can see it.

Skinny Pete: Had a good thing going before we started pushing our luck. If it can go back to being like that…

Jesse: Hey, it will be. Step one, we build inventory. Badger, go see Clovis. Get the RV in shape, tune-up, oil change, brake lights, and whatnot. Cops always pull you over for brake lights. Not us. Cautious.

Badger: Right on. You got it.

Jesse: You know that buzzer thing? Leave the key in the ignition, it buzzes? Just have him put in one of those too. Skinny, you're in charge of supplies. I'll get you a list.

Skinny Pete: Right on.

Jesse: Yeah?

Badger: Yeah.

Scene: Outside Jesse’s House/Hank’s Car

Jesse: All right. So we good?

Badger: Yeah.

Jesse: Good? All right. Let's do this thing.

Hank: Brandon Mayhew. I know you. Small world, Albuquerque.

Scene: Walt’s Car

Walt: Wanna talk about it?

Walter Jr: Why? It's not like I get a vote.

Walt: You know, ironically I think you're gonna see much more of me from now on.

Walter Jr: Sure.

Walt: Well, just as much of me at least. I'm taking you to the school, to and from, every day.

Walter Jr: What, I don't get a vote in this either? I gotta stop going with Louis just because you're feeling guilty?

Walt: I do feel guilty. I am the man that I am, son and there's plenty that I would change about that, but here we are, and this is just what it is. You know what? Call me crazy but I'm actually feeling very good about the future.

Scene: Los Pollos Hermanos

Gus: Morning.

Cynthia: They're back. I'm wondering if we should maybe call the police or something.

Gus: Why? They're doing nothing wrong. Okay, let's put this on Table 33, okay?

Scene: Lab

Gale: Hello there. Mr. White, I presume?

Walt: Oh, yes. Hi. Sorry. I'll be right down.

Gale: Hi. Gale Boetticher.

Walt: Hi. You're my new lab assistant, I take it.

Gale: Yes, I am. I suppose you'll wanna hear my qualifications. I have my resume here for you. I received my bachelor's degree from UNM. My master's from the University of Colorado. Organic chemistry with a speciality in…It's all right there.

Walt: "X-ray crystallography." Really? I could talk about that for hours.

Gale: I would love to.

Walt: But first, I'm curious about this.

Gale: That's a little pet project of mine. See, in my opinion, it's all about the quinic acid level. You want just north of 4800 milligrams per liter but if you over-boil to get there, you'll leach your tannins. Bitterness, yuck. So I pull a mild vacuum. That way, I can keep the temperature no higher than 92 degrees celsius and…judge for yourself.

Walt: Oh, my God. My God, that is the best coffee I've ever tasted.

Gale: Sumatran beans and I also have to give credit to the grind but thank you, Mr. White.

Walt: Walt. Please, call me Walt. Why the hell are we making meth?

Gale: Hey. Tell me with the phenylacetic acid solution you said 150 drops per minute for the first 10 minutes and then 90 for the remainder. Why is that?

Walt: Well, my thinking is, by tapering the phenyl you get an oilier aqueous layer, and hence…

Gale: Better benzene extraction.

Walt: Exactly. But actually, I prefer ether.

Gale: Oh, I'll have it for tomorrow.

Walt: Gale, I'm wondering how you…

Gale: Ended up here?

Walt: Well, actually, I'm still wondering how I ended up here, but, yes. I mean, I can't imagine we strike each other as criminals.

Gale: Well, there's crime and then there's crime I suppose. I'm definitely a libertarian. Consenting adults want what they want and if I'm not supplying it, they will get it somewhere else. With me, they're getting exactly what they pay for. No added toxins or adulterants. Yeah, I was doing it the way you are supposed to pursuing my doctorate at Colorado, NSF research grant. I was on my way, jumping through hoops, kissing the proper behinds, attending to all the non-chemistry that one finds oneself occupied by. You know that world. That is not what I signed on for. I love the lab. Because it's all still magic. You know? Chemistry? I mean once you lose that…

Walt: It is. It is magic. It still is.

Gale: And all the while, I kept thinking about that great old Whitman poem: "When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer."

Walt: I don't know it.

Gale: Anyway…

Walt: Well, can you recite it?

Gale: Pathetically enough, I could.

Walt: All right, well. No, no, come on. Come on. Yeah?

Gale: “When I heard the learn'd astronomer. When the proofs, the figures. Were ranged in columns before me. When I was shown the charts. And the diagrams. To add, divide, and measure them. When I, sitting, heard the astronomer. Where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room. How soon, unaccountable I became tired and sick. Till rising and gliding out I wander'd off by myself. In the mystical moist night-air. And from time to time. Look'd up in perfect silence. At the stars.” Yes. I am a nerd.

Walt: Bravo.

Gale: Thank you.

Scene: Hank’s Car

Hank: Come on, Pinkman. You little rat bastard. Get off your lazy ass and go break the law. Hey, baby.

Marie: Are you ever coming home?

Hank: Marie, I'm working.

Marie: Did you find it? The RV?

Hank: No. Working on it, so…

Marie: Why can't you just arrest him, make him tell you?

Hank: It's not simple. There's a thing called the Constitution.

Marie: Constitution, blah, blah, blah.

Hank: This kid, I swear to God, I wish I just could…

Marie: This is that Pinkman character?

Hank: That's the one. Positive the little bastard's got an RV. I just don't know where he keeps it. Until he actually leads me to it or does something I'm stuck here, Marie, so sorry.

Marie: Well, not to bring up ancient history but I, for one, can think of someone who might know something. Possibly. It's worth a sh*t.

Hank: Yeah? Who?

Scene: Walt’s Condo

Walt: Hello?

Hank: Oh, hey, buddy. Hey, how you doing?

Walt: Oh, hey, Hank. What's up?

Hank: Listen, I hate to bother you. I just had a quick question.

Walt: sh**t.

Hank: I only ask this because I'm at a, you know, dead end here, potentially. I'm working a case and you know that I would never put you on the spot or make you uncomfortable.

Walt: Hank, you could just cut to the chase.

Hank: Back when we lost you and I was trying to track you down through your student, Jesse Pinkman. Now, you know that I know that once upon a time he may have dealt you a little weed.

Walt: Hank.

Hank: Just a little. And I so do not care about that. As far as I'm concerned, you never inhaled. Like you said, cut to the chase. Do you remember if this Pinkman kid ever had an RV? You know, a recreational vehicle you know, like a Winnebago-type deal, brown and beige?

Walt: Why?

Hank: Long story, but I'm personally of the opinion he's moved on from weed and graduated to selling crystal meth, using it as a rolling lab. Walt?
Scene: Jesse’s House

Jesse: Yo. What, Mr. White?

Scene: Saul’s Office

Saul: How's my favorite genius?

Walt: Is this a secure line?

Saul: Is this a secure-yes, what's with the-hey, hello to you too.

Walt: Listen, we've got a problem, a DEA problem.

Saul: I'm listening.

Walt: My brother-in-law. He knows about the RV.

Saul: What RV?

Walt: Our RV, the one which contains a meth lab, which is covered with my fingerprints.

Saul: What does "knows about" mean? Does he have it? Has he searched it?

Walt: No, he knows it exists and he's trying to find it. He has linked it to Jesse. It's a matter of time before he tracks it down.

Saul: So get rid of it! What are you doing sitting there? Better yet, have Pinkman get rid of it. Right? You don't go near it.

Walt: My brother-in-law, he is surveilling Jesse's house. So he might have tapped the phones or bugged his house.

Saul: Jesus. Plan A, then. Go. Get to it before the feds do.

Walt: And do what exactly? I mean, what? The thing is the size of a…it's RV-size! I mean, where do I go to make an RV disappear? I'm not David Copperfield.

Saul: What do I look like, the RV disposal people? Did you not plan for this contingency?

Walt: No.

Saul: Well, next time, plan for it, would you? The Starship Enterprise had a self-destruct button.

Walt: Okay. Shut up.

Scene: Car Lot

Badger: I'm just saying, you're good with tools and all. Why don't you invent a water-powered car, you know? You did that, you would be rolling in it.

Clovis: Socket wrench. The big one.

Badger: What? You scared of the Arabs?

Walt: You out of your minds? Why is this in the open?

Clovis: Who the hell are you?

Badger: He's Heisenberg.

Walt: Is this drivable?

Clovis: Yeah. I was changing the oil.

Walt: Finish it. We'll wipe it clean, take it out to the desert. Come on, help me.

Clovis: Hold up. What's this about?

Walt: The DEA, the Drug Enforcement Administration. You've heard of them, right? I know you have. They know all about this RV and they're trying to find it right now.

Clovis: I want this off my property now.

Walt: No, no, we have got to destroy the evidence. We've gotta rig this thing to burn.

Clovis: Not here. Get it out of here.

Walt: Now, listen to me. I need your help, okay? If I go down, we all go down. Do you understand?

Clovis: All right, just, I know a way. I know a guy that'll wipe this off the planet, no questions.

Walt: Call him.

Badger: Hey, what about Jesse?

Walt: What about him?

Badger: Hey, it's me. Wanna hear something weird?

Scene: Outside Jesse’s House
Jesse: Now, listen to me. You get that address. Now, Badger, I don't care how. You find out where he's taking it!

Hank: Oh, yeah.

Scene: Los Pollos Hermanos

Customer: Excuse me. Are you leaving?

Cynthia: Excuse me, gentlemen, these booths are for paying customers only.

Gus: Cynthia, it's okay. I'll handle this. What can I do for you?

Marco: You know.

Gus: Sunset.

Scene: Car Lot

Walt: Ninety-six, 97, 98, 99, 100. Beyond recovery, right?

Old Joe: Beyond recovery means beyond recovery. Obliterated, no evidence. Hey, don't worry. When we're through with it, it's gonna be about yay big. Then we flatbed it over to Long Beach, ship it across the Pacific. Chinese turn it into patio furniture so mind at ease.

Walt: Listen, can you do me a favor? I'm obviously gonna need a ride. Could you call a cab?

Old Joe: You got it. Pleasure doing business.

Walt: Thank you. I'll be right behind you. I just need to…

Jesse: The hell you think you're doing?

Walt: Me?

Jesse: No, this is mine just as much as yours! You don't get to just-

Walt: Oh, God.

Jesse: What? What?

Walt: He's here.

Jesse: Who's here?

Walt: Oh, no. Oh, God. Oh, God. You led him right to us.

Jesse: sh*t. sh*t.

Hank: Mr. Pinkman, you wanna add resisting arrest? We'll add it. No skin off my ass. Last chance to do it the easy way.

Old Joe: Got a warrant?

Hank: Who are you, huh? Who are you and what do you know about this RV?

Old Joe: Well, I'm the owner of this lot which means you're trespassing on private property. As far as the RV goes, seems to me it's locked which means you're trying to break and enter, so again, you got a warrant?

Hank: Well, I don't need one if I've got probable cause, counselor.

Old Joe: Probable cause usually relates to vehicles, is my understanding. You know, traffic stops and whatnot.

Hank: See these round rubber things? Those are wheels. This is a vehicle.

Old Joe: This is a domicile, a residence protected by the Fourth Amendment from unlawful search and seizure.

Hank: Why don't you just go out-

Old Joe: Did you see this drive? How do you know it runs? Did you actually witness any wrongdoing? It seems to me you're just out here fishing. Don't see that holding up in a court of law.

Hank: Oh, yeah? Look at these. What do those look like to you? They sure look like b*llet holes to me. There was a firearm discharged inside of this domicile. There's a judge or two out there who'd see that as probable cause.

Walt: How could you have known they were there before you took off the tape?

Jesse: What?

Walt: How could you have known they were there before you took off the tape? Say it. Say it.

Jesse: How could you have known they were there before you took off the tape?

Old Joe: That's right. Probable cause needs to be readily apparent. There's somebody in there.

Walt: This is my own private domicile and I won't be harassed.

Hank: I'll give you three seconds to get your ass out here. One, two…

Jesse: This is my own private domicile and I will not be harassed! Bitch!

Hank: Fine. You want your warrant? I'll have my guys bring it and deliver it on a little satin pillow. How's that? I waited this long. I'll wait a little longer. Hey, Vicky. Yeah, Schrader. Get me Merkert, will you?

Jesse: You know, I say I say we just ram him. All right? I mean, we start her up and just ram the sh*t out of his truck. We make our escape. Right? Yeah, he'd sh**t me in the head. Yeah, he'd sh**t me in the head. So, what do we do, man, huh? What do we-what? Please tell me you got something.

Walt: Yeah, I got something. It's me. We need your help.

Hank: Yeah?

Francesca: Is this Mr. Henry R. Schrader?

Hank: Yeah. Who's this?

Francesca: Sir, this is Officer Elaine Tanner with the Albuquerque police. Is your wife Marie Schrader?

Hank: Yes, why?

Francesca: I'm sorry to inform you your wife's been in an automobile accident. She's being airlifted to Los Ranchos Medical Center and should be arriving there shortly.

Hank: How is she? What's her condition?

Francesca: I don't have the current information. But I think you might wanna get there as soon as possible.

Scene: Saul’s Office

Francesca: You're gonna have to start paying me more.

Scene: Hospital

Hank: Marie?

Marie: I'm just checking in. I'd love to have some idea of whether I should cook dinner or not.

Hank: Are you okay?

Marie: Yeah. Why? Hank? What's up?

Scene: Desert

Gus: I told you before. You will not k*ll Walter White. Not until my business with him has concluded.

Marco: We've waited long enough. We won't wait any longer.

Gus: You'll have to. The decision is not yours to make. Explain to me, why this man White? He betrayed your cousin Tuco, yes. But he's not the one who m*rder*d him. Was there not another man who pulled the trigger?

Marco: A DEA agent. Bolsa says the DEA is off-limits.

Gus: North of the border is my territory. My say. As a show of respect I say yes. The agent's name is Hank Schrader. May his death satisfy you.